Video: The obligatory Obama-O’Reilly Super Bowl interview

posted at 8:01 am on February 3, 2014 by Ed Morrissey

Not obligatory on our part, mind you, but apparently on Barack Obama’s part. Why he agreed to do an interview with Fox and Bill O’Reilly is anyone’s guess, because he clearly wasn’t there to answer questions. Instead, we got this strange dance where both men almost continually interrupted each other, and the President of the United States claiming that every problem in his administration could be blamed on Fox News.

Hey. if that’s true, why did Obama give Fox the interview? Apparently, Obama can’t fire anyone.

For instance, here’s part of the exchange about Benghazi, which was a terror attack despite the White House’s initial insistence that it was a demonstration that spun out of control:

O’REILLY:  – but I just want to say that they’re — your detractors believe that you did not tell the world it was a terror attack because your campaign didn’t want that out.

OBAMA:  Bill, think about…

O’REILLY:  That’s what they believe.

OBAMA:  – and they believe it because folks like you are telling them that.

O’REILLY:  No, I’m not telling them that.

And here we have Obama’s answer on the IRS targeting of conservatives, which is again only a problem because of Fox News:

OBAMA:  I do not recall meeting with him in any of these meetings that are pretty routine meetings that we had.

O’REILLY:  OK, so you don’t — you don’t recall seeing Shulman, because what some people are saying is that the IRS was used…

OBAMA:  Yes.

O’REILLY:  – at a — at a local level in Cincinnati, and maybe other places to go after…

OBAMA:  Absolutely wrong.

O’REILLY:  – to go after.

OBAMA:  Absolutely wrong.

O’REILLY:  But how do you know that, because we — we still don’t know what happened there?

OBAMA:  Bill, we do — that’s not what happened.  They — folks have, again, had multiple hearings on this.  I mean these kinds of things keep on surfacing, in part because you and your TV station will promote them.

Finally, here’s part of an exchange in which Obama promises to hold people accountable for the failure of ObamaCare, but when O’Reilly notes that no one has lost their job yet, O’Reilly allows Obama to offer a couple of complete non-sequiturs:

OBAMA:  – and those who are underinsured are able to get better health insurance.

O’REILLY:  I’m sure — I’m sure that the intent is noble, but I’m a taxpayer.

OBAMA:  Yes.

O’REILLY:  And I’m paying Kathleen Sebelius’ salary and she screwed up.

OBAMA:  Yes.

O’REILLY:  And you’re not holding her accountable.

OBAMA:  Yes, well, I — I promise you that we hold everybody up and down the line accountable.  But when we’re…

O’REILLY:  But she’s still there.

OBAMA:  – when we’re in midstream, Bill, we want to make sure that our main focus is how do we make this thing work so that people are able to sign up?

And that’s what we’ve done.

O’REILLY:  All right.

Seriously, I don’t know why Obama bothered to do this interview at all. The only answer he seemed interested in sharing was that Fox News is a big Meany Channel with Meany Reporters who Keep Asking Questions When I Give The Only Answers I Want To Give. I’m not sure this is doing Fox any favors, either, other than some satisfaction over putting the President on a hot seat for a short period of time when most other news channels want to treat Obama like a celebrity. Anyway, watch the video, or perhaps just follow the link to the rest of the transcript instead. You’ll find it less frustrating.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

These two are at the top of my list of people I can’t stand listening to.

commodore on February 3, 2014 at 8:04 AM

Two narcissists in the same room having a dialog….glad I missed it.

HomeoftheBrave on February 3, 2014 at 8:05 AM

Cannot watch….

Dodger in chief

cmsinaz on February 3, 2014 at 8:05 AM

Makes no difference. Seeing the lying POS in video, or reading his lies in a transcript, both are equally infuriating.

deadrody on February 3, 2014 at 8:06 AM

Mark Knoller ‏@markknoller 12h

“I know you think we haven’t been fair but I think your heart is in the right place,” O’Reilly tells Pres Obama at end of 10 min interview.

Retweet
Favorite

Mark Knoller ‏@markknoller 12h

Pres Obama tells O’Reilly its “absolutely wrong” that WH deliberately used IRS to give conservative groups a hard time.

Retweet
Favorite

Mark Knoller ‏@markknoller 12h

On IRS crackdown on conservative groups, Pres Obama says “there was some boneheaded decisions…but not even a smidgeon of corruption.”

Retweet
Favorite

Mark Knoller ‏@markknoller 12h

Pres Obama denies “the notion that we would hide the ball for political purposes” in 2012 on whether Benghazi was a terror attack.

Retweet
Favorite

Mark Knoller ‏@markknoller 12h

On Benghazi attack, Pres Obama says Dems and GOP “should be unified in trying to figure out how are we going to protect people”

Retweet
Favorite

Mark Knoller ‏@markknoller 12h

On initial confusion about attack on Benghazi, Pres Obama says “people don’t know at the very moment why something like this happens.”

Retweet
Favorite

Mark Knoller ‏@markknoller 12h

Pressed on whether Benghazi attack was act of terror, Pres Obama says “When someone is attacking our compound that’s an act of terror.”

Retweet
Favorite

Mark Knoller ‏@markknoller 12h

“I try to focus not on the fumbles, but on the next play,” says Pres Obama about his pledge people can keep their health coverage.

Retweet
Favorite

Mark Knoller ‏@markknoller 12h

Pres Obama says he still regrets promising people they can keep their health care coverage, but stop short of calling it his worst mistake.

Retweet
Favorite

Mark Knoller ‏@markknoller 12h

Pres Obama avoids direct answer when asked by Bill O’Reilly why HHS Sebelius not fired for ObamaCare rollout.

Retweet
Favorite

Mark Knoller ‏@markknoller 12h

In @FoxNews interview, Pres Obama says nobody expected the problems with bamaCare enrollment rollout. “We’re holding everyone accountable.”

canopfor on February 3, 2014 at 8:07 AM

Crickets on mj show… surprised they are not praising dear leader for attacking fox

cmsinaz on February 3, 2014 at 8:07 AM

Oh… I must have missed this interview. I guess I didn’t miss much.

iceman1960 on February 3, 2014 at 8:08 AM

On a couple of questions, it appeared
that Hopey was doin a Stripper Pole Kabucki Dance!!!!!

canopfor on February 3, 2014 at 8:08 AM

Thanks for summarizing the interview, Ed. I have given up trying to listen to the president explain away (read: lie) about his mistakes.

Mark Boabaca on February 3, 2014 at 8:09 AM

Obama is pissed every time a white QB wins the super bowl…

rogerb on February 3, 2014 at 8:09 AM

Ahh yes, the 8 pm-er and the Liar-in-TChief. After Obama is evicted (sooner rather than later) I would like to see the 8 pm-er go away as well. Glad I didn’t watch. My TV thanks me, too.

RandallinHerndon on February 3, 2014 at 8:10 AM

Why he agreed to do an interview with Fox and Bill O’Reilly is anyone’s guess,
=====

I bet, alot of Lefty’s were having a meltdown,
on just knowing, er, hearing that Hopey agreed to
said video!!

canopfor on February 3, 2014 at 8:13 AM

I just read some of the transcript. I can’t stomach listening to Obama anymore(except those press conferences which are a riot). It looks like O’Reilly at least attempted to hold his feet to the fire this time unlike the previous pre-Super Bowl interview which was an embarrassment. But Obama’s evasive non-answers were so pathetic it’s almost frightening. How anyone can sit there with a straight face and say they’re holding people accountable when literally NO ONE has been fired over these scandals is amazing. And to say there isn’t a “smidgeon of corruption” in the IRS case defies logic. I’d almost respect Dear Leader more if he’d just come out and say “Yeah, I used the IRS to target my political enemies. What are you gonna do about it?”

Doughboy on February 3, 2014 at 8:14 AM

I would have rather seen Chris Wallace sit down with Obama. Any O’Reilly vs. Obama chat is bound to be more personality over substance (not that Chris Wallace has no personality).

comet on February 3, 2014 at 8:15 AM

BOR should be referred to as POS…. after that bullshit… he thought was an interview.

KOOLAID2 on February 3, 2014 at 8:15 AM

Doughboy on February 3, 2014 at 8:14 AM

I agree, but that’s just not how community agitators operate. They’re cowards.

Mark Boabaca on February 3, 2014 at 8:16 AM

===========================================

Hopey/Changey,

is a Disciple,..of ………..HilRods Vast RightWing Conspiracy!!!!

canopfor on February 3, 2014 at 8:16 AM

O’Really is a joke. Has he ever conducted a decent interview?

Flange on February 3, 2014 at 8:17 AM

Blah blah blah blah blah!

The exercise is totally pointless. This guy is a slime bag and we have 3 more years.

The people got what the people wanted.

Let’s sing “Kumbaya” in every language we can think of.

Oh, and left keep celebrating the wonderful lives of movie stars who OD.

What a Wonderful World….

SayNo2-O on February 3, 2014 at 8:19 AM

WH Braintrust must be stoked by this…

*facepalm*

workingclass artist on February 3, 2014 at 8:19 AM

OBAMA: I do not recall meeting with him in any of these meetings that are pretty routine meetings that we had.

Sheer and utter gobbletygook. And Bill lets him get away with it. Dear Liar’s heart is not in the right place.

rbj on February 3, 2014 at 8:20 AM

What an embarrassment to the world this fool is.

TX-96 on February 3, 2014 at 8:21 AM

Man, if O’Reilly had any balls, he would have pressed the Princess President and the President would have exploded! Obama was extremely peevish. It would appear that he doesn’t like anyone whom he considers a lesser intellect questioning his brilliance. The leftist, intellectually superior types do something that irritates: They repeat the interviewers name constantly. This is a verbal tick that indicates that the other person is simply way off track. And O’Reilly backed off each time he had the President on the ropes. I want to see the Presidential hissy fit! That is why they keep the Princess President away from serious questioners, he will explode one day. Man, I forced myself to listen and I am not sure if I have enough Q-Tips to get all that fecal matter out of my ears.

allstonian on February 3, 2014 at 8:22 AM

===================================================

LiberalLogic States:

That if FOX News didn’t exist, or, never talked
about Benghazi, ….*POOF**,

Benghazi AQ Terror Act, also would not EXIST!!

canopfor on February 3, 2014 at 8:24 AM

rbj on February 3, 2014 at 8:20 AM

It’s amazing how the Smartest Person To Ever Be President never knows anything. It’s like he’s either lying or, in reality, just stupid.

Flange on February 3, 2014 at 8:24 AM

I would gouge out my own eyes and stick knives into my ears rather than watching this, but I got a little jealous when I read the transcript. Say what you want about Obummer, but at least he isnt afraid to bash his enemies. Republicans still pretend that they engage some kind of neutral arbiter when they deal with the MSM.

Valkyriepundit on February 3, 2014 at 8:24 AM

Obama said there wasn’t a smidgen of corruption in the IRS scandal.

Did BOR ask about Lois Lerner taking the Fifth? From what little I’ve seen, Obama is back to treating this as a little Cincinnati matter.

I really hope Obama comes to a very bad end.

BuckeyeSam on February 3, 2014 at 8:25 AM

oreilly is the reason I seldom watch Fox. Used to be a fan but saw through his bs.

crosshugger on February 3, 2014 at 8:25 AM

To SayNo2-O: Ha, ha, ha, right on! Friends raced to get the Hoffman story out first. He’s a frigging actor, not a soldier. Imagine if we didn’t have a war on drugs, I bet Hoffman would be alive and doped out for the Stupor Bowl!!!

allstonian on February 3, 2014 at 8:26 AM

Why do Teh SCOAMT and the networks insist on ruining every Championship Game That Cannot Be Named™ with his presence?

Steve Eggleston on February 3, 2014 at 8:26 AM

O’Really is a joke. Has he ever conducted a decent interview?

Flange on February 3, 2014 at 8:17 AM

He’s not a very good interviewer. But occasionally he does go after people when it’s blatantly obvious they’re lying through their teeth(the 2008 Barney Frank interview being the most infamous example). Why he keeps giving Obama a pass I’ll never know. You can be respectful toward the President without going easy on him. O’Reilly kept leading off with “but your detractors say” instead of pointing out specific examples where the regime lied or covered up in the case of Benghazi or the IRS. For God’s sake, Obama and Hillary LIED TO THE FACES OF THE VICTIMS’ FAMILIES about the YouTube video. Bring that up and dare Obama to call those people liars on national TV.

Doughboy on February 3, 2014 at 8:27 AM

===================================================

LiberalLogic States:

That if FOX News didn’t exist, or, never talked
about Benghazi, ….*POOF**,

Benghazi AQ Terror Act, also would not EXIST!!

canopfor on February 3, 2014 at 8:24 AM

Crap,…and ergo for the IRS as well!!

canopfor on February 3, 2014 at 8:27 AM

Or both!

sadatoni on February 3, 2014 at 8:27 AM

Two sacks of sh** who are just about half as smart as they think they are.

Useless. Interview.

M240H on February 3, 2014 at 8:27 AM

Flange on February 3, 2014 at 8:24 AM

This will be corrected by the press once they get their head out of the POTUS-Ass: “What he meant to say was…

SayNo2-O on February 3, 2014 at 8:27 AM

oreilly is the reason I no longer watch Fox.

crosshugger on February 3, 2014 at 8:28 AM

Obama can’t stand being questioned. That’s why he filibusters questions so often – even ones he can answer easily: the longer he takes per answer on meaningless verbiage, the fewer total questions in the presser or interview or debate. He’s always done just this.

Media reporters would never hold him to an answer if they did bother to ask an inconvenient question anyway, so he never got any practice dealing with a tough questioner he can’t just dismiss and go to the next.

Adjoran on February 3, 2014 at 8:30 AM

It’s like he’s either lying or, in reality, just stupid.

Flange on February 3, 2014 at 8:24 AM

It’s both. He’s a pathological liar and he’s a dim bulb.

RandallinHerndon on February 3, 2014 at 8:30 AM

Obummer & O’Reilly had the same two reasons for doing this interview: (1) to stoke their monumental egos, and (2) to generate a nice supply of 10-second red meat sound bites or their base. And Obummer’s sound bites will make no sense unless taken out of context, so they should be fun to watch.

KS Rex on February 3, 2014 at 8:32 AM

Steve Eggleston on February 3, 2014 at 8:26 AM

Steve Eggleston:

Good point, me thinks Hopey has to be in every nook and granny,
of America/World,…busy…..micromanaging everything he touchs!!

canopfor on February 3, 2014 at 8:32 AM

Why did he go on the interview with O’Reilly? Probably because outside of Juan Williams, O’Reilly has been one of the biggest supporters of Obama on Fox.

His legs go all wobbly whenever he talks about the President and he proves he is a blowhard hypocrite who is just in it for the fame.

Ukiah on February 3, 2014 at 8:34 AM

Flange on February 3, 2014 at 8:24 AM

It’s simple really, Bush keeps tricking him! I know a person who believes to this day that is what keeps happening to Obama. Oh and she hates Bush and loves saying it out loud but cant articulate why she hates Bush.

Johnnyreb on February 3, 2014 at 8:34 AM

Obama said there wasn’t a smidgen of corruption in the IRS scandal.

I really hope Obama comes to a very bad end.

BuckeyeSam on February 3, 2014 at 8:25 AM

Actually it’s worse. Read the transcript and it sounds like he’s saying it was nothing more than a few Cincinnati employees who couldn’t understand the 501(c)4 rules. That’s news to the conservative groups and individuals who were harassed, audited, had their tax information illegally distributed, and never contacted by the FBI during their supposed investigation. All while liberal groups were being approved for tax-exempt status with few hurdles.

And oh BTW, the IRS is STILL going after conservatives!

Doughboy on February 3, 2014 at 8:34 AM

On my fb newsfeed:

African-American Conservatives
Waiting to Peyton Manning to follow President Obama’s example, and blame his poor performance on Fox.

22044 on February 3, 2014 at 8:35 AM

That’s the way it is with the libs, their ideas and schemes are so awesome and it’s either Dubya or Faux News which are screwing them up.

Bishop on February 3, 2014 at 8:36 AM

African-American Conservatives

22044 on February 3, 2014 at 8:35 AM

22044: Lol:)

canopfor on February 3, 2014 at 8:37 AM

It’s both.oth

sadatoni on February 3, 2014 at 8:27 AM
RandallinHerndon on February 3, 2014 at 8:30 AM

Yeah, I realized I should have made that an option about a nanosecond after I hit submit.

Flange on February 3, 2014 at 8:38 AM

Bishop on February 3, 2014 at 8:36 AM

Bishop:

Its the meany GOP’rs putting door-stops
at all of Obama’s Agenda Doors!!

canopfor on February 3, 2014 at 8:40 AM

Johnnyreb on February 3, 2014 at 8:34 AM

Next time they do that, ask them if the fact that Bush keeps tricking him into failure, doesn’t that make Bush smarter than obozo?

Flange on February 3, 2014 at 8:41 AM

What is wrong with these journalists – can’t any of them follow up on the question, press the BS button on Obama?

albill on February 3, 2014 at 8:43 AM

Is this going to be an annual thing? Didn’t BO do a Super Bowl interview with him last year? The fact that Obama would give O’Reilly the opportunity for an interview indicates what a fraud O’Reilly is. He’s acceptable to many among the left.

rickv404 on February 3, 2014 at 8:43 AM

rickv404 on February 3, 2014 at 8:43 AM

It’s an annual thing with whichever network has the Super Bowl.

Steve Eggleston on February 3, 2014 at 8:45 AM

Shorter Obama: my corruption would not be an issue if your network would just stop covering it

crrr6 on February 3, 2014 at 8:45 AM

rickv404 on February 3, 2014 at 8:43 AM

You got that right. There was no way the thinned skinned bast@rd would allow any though question. And obozo wouldn’t have answered them if he had asked them.

Flange on February 3, 2014 at 8:45 AM

An entirely predictable interview.

Who would honestly expect anything more?

lynncgb on February 3, 2014 at 8:46 AM

Anybody more enlightened? Did we hear something from the president we’ve never heard before?

No? Me neither.

This is nothing more than a Bill O’Reilly attempt at a ratings grab.

The only thing he succeeded in doing was to give Mr. Obama a platform on which to defend inexcusable behavior and deflect criticism.

But then O’Reilly knew that would happen because boundaries for the interview were setup in advance.

But “he’s looking out for you” or something. What an absolute buffoon.

Marcus Traianus on February 3, 2014 at 8:47 AM

Hopey’s HealthCare Space Odyssey Sumpins:
(snark)

2001 Space Odyessy Hal wont open the pod bay doors..original footage and audio
*****

canopfor on February 3, 2014 at 8:48 AM

O’Reilly’s question re: Obamacare was stupid because probably the vast majority of the country don’t know who Sebelius is. I get the question in regards to accountability but a far better question would have been what Obama feels should be done given all of the chaos that Obamacare has caused (and don’t let him focus on the website getting fixed).

SleightOfHand on February 3, 2014 at 8:48 AM

Flange on February 3, 2014 at 8:41 AM

I have done that in the past, she just stops and her eyes blink a couple of times and she says she still hates Bush. Thankfully we moved away from there last spring and I don’t have to interact with her anymore.

Johnnyreb on February 3, 2014 at 8:49 AM

Disregard 2001 above,

d*mmitt,..wrong thread,..ugh!

canopfor on February 3, 2014 at 8:49 AM

This is nothing more than a Bill O’Reilly attempt at a ratings grab.

But “he’s looking out for you” or something. What an absolute buffoon.

Marcus Traianus on February 3, 2014 at 8:47 AM

This is only the beginning….for the entire week O’Reilly will ask every guest he has on to grade his interview and so on. It’s part of what makes his show unwatchable and reminds me of that scene from “Natural Born Killers” when the cop (played by Tom Sizemore) is walking around with his new book titled “Scagnetti On Scagnetti.”

SleightOfHand on February 3, 2014 at 8:51 AM

SayNo2-O on February 3, 2014 at 8:27 AM

Or just ignore it all together. Great moniker you’ve got there.

Flange on February 3, 2014 at 8:56 AM

Obama treated O’Reilly like the 2 bit whore that he is…..and Billy smiled and said I know your heart is in the right place. Pathetic!

dmann on February 3, 2014 at 8:58 AM

Obama who I have my issues with but will vote for over any tea party candidate didn’t really say much here. All he did was reaffirm what everyone already knew which is Fox News is the communications arm of the Republican Party.

I also like how he made Bill look foolish asking his useless Benghazi and IRS tea party questions. He would have done better asking questions like ” Can you tell the American people why a huge chunk of them are still seeing higher health care premiums even after the ACA?”

loveofcountry on February 3, 2014 at 8:58 AM

Flange on February 3, 2014 at 8:24 AM

Johnnyreb on February 3, 2014 at 8:34 AM

All these years after the evil, imperial, puppy-killing, stealing candy from babies Booooosh has left office, and they still dig up that old horse. Proves how dumbed-down certain segments of the American public really are. Sad.

RandallinHerndon on February 3, 2014 at 9:01 AM

Evidently things are no longer Bush’s fault. Fox News is now the bad guy!

GarandFan on February 3, 2014 at 9:02 AM

rickv404 on February 3, 2014 at 8:43 AM

I’m giddy with excitement over the pending Odumbass March Madness picks.

RandallinHerndon on February 3, 2014 at 9:03 AM

O’REILLY: – but I just want to say that they’re — your detractors believe that you did not tell the world it was a terror attack because your campaign didn’t want that out.

OBAMA: Bill, think about…

O’REILLY: That’s what they believe.

OBAMA: – and they believe it because folks like you are telling them that.

O’REILLY: No, I’m not telling them that.

This is Obama’s view of all Americans. They have to be told what to think. He just enjoys the adulation of those who truly do need to be told what to think.

Bitter Clinger on February 3, 2014 at 9:03 AM

What an embarrassment to the world this fool is.

TX-96 on February 3, 2014 at 8:21 AM

The President is kind of an embarrassment too.

oldroy on February 3, 2014 at 9:07 AM

Too bad Bret Bair didn’t draw the long straw for the interview. He really got under his skin when he interviewed him before.

tru2tx on February 3, 2014 at 9:09 AM

loveofcountry on February 3, 2014 at 8:58 AM

Which country? North Korea? Zimbabwe? Any Al-Qa’ida controlled country?

RandallinHerndon on February 3, 2014 at 9:10 AM

if the gope had any cojones they would use this interview to their advantage.

renalin on February 3, 2014 at 9:12 AM

Considering The Won’s poll numbers I would have to assume that a lot more people are watching Fox. And all of the sudden considering them a viable news outlet. I wonder how they got those to fat heads egos on the same screen? They must have panoramic view camera in that studio.

Cindy Munford on February 3, 2014 at 9:15 AM

About as much a waste of time as one of O’Reilly’s 3 minute “so-called” debates on his show.

Jackson on February 3, 2014 at 9:15 AM

loveofcountry on February 3, 2014 at 8:58 AM

What are you going to vote for him for? Dear God in Heaven, he didn’t executive order the end of term limits overnight did he?

Cindy Munford on February 3, 2014 at 9:17 AM

“You know what, Bill, I like my reporters to ask me about being enchanted with the office or what color socks I wear. All these political and policy questions are a bit of bounds, yes?”

Bishop on February 3, 2014 at 9:18 AM

Meh. NBC gets the Super Bowl next year, so Obama gets a tongue bath from Brian Williams, or even Rachel Maddow during the pre-game show (and based on the current polling trends, it ought to be an epic excuse-fest coming following the November midterms and Obama’s SOTU to the new Congress…)

jon1979 on February 3, 2014 at 9:18 AM

loveofcountry on February 3, 2014 at 8:58 AM

You realize he can only be President, twice (Thank you, Lord.)…right, soooper-genius?

kingsjester on February 3, 2014 at 9:19 AM

The President traditionally does an interview with whatever network is broadcasting the Super Bowl. That’s why it has been three years since BOR has interviewed BHO.

ny59giants on February 3, 2014 at 9:20 AM

loveofcountry on February 3, 2014 at 8:58 AM

So, oh wise one, why did the President and his staff blame the video for weeks after the Benghazi attack?

Throat Wobbler Mangrove on February 3, 2014 at 9:21 AM

loveofcountry on February 3, 2014 at 8:58 AM

And why, oh wise one, did Lois Lerner invoke the Fifth Amendment?

Throat Wobbler Mangrove on February 3, 2014 at 9:22 AM

he didn’t executive order the end of term limits overnight did he?

Cindy Munford on February 3, 2014 at 9:17 AM

Cindy Munford:

Oh just freaggin great,..I have news twitters up,
and he’s executized himself a third term, didn’t
see that coming!(sarc):)

canopfor on February 3, 2014 at 9:24 AM

I’m not watching, but from what I hear it couldn’t have been any more brutal than the Super Bowl itself.

changer1701 on February 3, 2014 at 9:26 AM

When did this Super Bowl presidential interview “tradition” begin? Was it with Clinton? I can’t remember them in the 70s or 80s.

obama seems to like to go against American traditions, so this is one tradition I wish he and future presidents would end. The game is already an “event” of epic proportions. I don’t like politics injected in it.

Brat on February 3, 2014 at 9:26 AM

loveofcountry on February 3, 2014 at 8:58 AM

loveofcountry:

Paying Higher For ACA,..behold:

media
33m
—–
Associated Press writers are stepping up their fight for affordable healthcare benefits and fair contracts by omitting bylines from their articles – @HuffPostMedia
read more on huffingtonpost.com
*******************************

Staffers: AP’s health care proposals would really hurt us
Posted on Jan 21, 2014 Last Updated Jan 22, 2014 Posted by Linda Johnson
************************************************************************

News Media Guild members across the country are uniformly opposed to AP’s health care proposals, which would cost many staffers far more than they could afford and effectively slash their income.

People would be hurt financially whether they are healthy, have a complex chronic illness, need surgery, are seriously injured or have a baby. Guild members are speaking out about how much they would be hit:
**********************************************************************

I have a rare cancer. I’ve had two major surgeries in the past two years. I’ll probably have more surgeries and possibly chemotherapy. My out-of-pocket costs for previous surgeries under the current AP health care plan amounted to probably less than $1,000. Now, I think it’s pretty likely I’ll reach the $4,800 ceiling for maximum out-of-pocket treatment expenses under the family plan this year if AP’s health care proposal stands. My two sons are on the family plan with me. One takes a medication that currently costs us $192 a year. Under AP’s proposal, that would increase to $698. The bottom line:

I see our out-of-pocket health care costs/premiums going up around $6,000 or more this year. And that’s if I stay entirely with in-network providers. I’m 57 and I’ve been healthy all my life until now. Now, when I most need insurance, I would have the worst coverage of my life under AP’s proposal. JOAN LOWY, WASHINGTON, D.C.

I have had a kidney transplant and have chronic, recurring autoimmune disease that attacks my new kidney. The new plan would cost me about $7,000 more a year if my treatment were to stay constant _ and more if new side effects occur and treatments are prescribed, which often occurs. MICHELLE MINKOFF, WASHINGTON, D.C.

My wife and I paid more than $1,000 in 2012 for the birth of our second child, and we would get hit much harder under the new plan, which would stress us financially. One of the biggest bills last year was the facility charge, for the use of the hospital. That totaled $9,414. Under our (basic) plan, we paid a $672 coinsurance payment, with the insurer picking up 90 percent of that bill after deducting the discount Aetna negotiated with the provider. Under the new plan, with the less-than-generous 75/25 percent coinsurance split AP’s proposing, my coinsurance payment would more than double to $1,679. That is just one of several bills you receive after having a kid. Having another baby will become a bit cost prohibitive, which is maybe what the company wants. TOM MURPHY, INDIANAPOLIS

I had a knee replacement done late last year. It cost me about $385 dollars: a $150 deductible, a $200 hospital copay and about $35 for prescriptions. The bill for doctor fees, hospital, in-home care and physical therapy _ but not pain meds _ to date is $74,774, although UHC paid at discounted rates. If I’d had this done under the health plan AP’s proposed, my potential exposure could be up to $11,350. I can really appreciate the statement, “Don’t get sick, but if you do, die quickly,” because if you live, you’ll be paying for a long time. GARY MORTLOCK, SPOKANE DATA CENTER

The health plan proposed by the AP in the current contract talks would cost me at least $2,800 in the first year and more in future years, not counting any new health issues that might come up. That’s because of expensive drugs I take to keep a muscle condition I have from getting worse. What’s far more troubling than this expense, which will wipe out any ability I have to save money, is the effect it will have on families with their pressed budgets and multiple, sometimes serious, health needs. For them, the costs of this plan could be financially crippling. WILL LESTER, WASHINGTON, D.C.

My family and I are basically healthy and fit, but under this proposed plan, I would be spending more than $17,500 a year in medical expenses within the next two years. This is untenable. MARTHA MENDOZA, SAN JOSE

My rough back-of-the envelope estimate of my cost increases under AP’s plan are dramatic since I get ostomy supplies every month and will for the rest of my life. I estimate my costs in 2013 at around $1,300. Under AP’s proposal, my costs _ including premium _ would rise to $3,500 in the first year and to $4,200 the year after _ AND that assumes medical costs remain the same, which they won’t. NORMA LOVE, CONCORD

Even though I am a very healthy person with no chronic health problems, my health care costs will more than quadruple in three years under the AP’s plan. This is unsettling. It means that I would pay much more for health insurance if this is approved. More importantly, it also makes me fearful of what would happen — and how much it would cost — if I become really sick or was injured. TAMARA LUSH, TAMPA
The AP plan would cut my salary by the $12,500 maximum, given that my wife is being treated for ovarian cancer. That is unacceptable. STEVEN HURST, WASHINGTON, D.C.

canopfor on January 30, 2014 at 11:29 AM

canopfor on January 30, 2014 at 9:25 PM

canopfor on February 3, 2014 at 9:32 AM

canopfor on February 3, 2014 at 9:32 AM

But the real reason these people are unhappy is because five years, due to Fox News, they found out The Won is half black and now they hate him because they are racists.

Cindy Munford on February 3, 2014 at 9:37 AM

Don’t watch him but I’ll bet a lot of dem libs running for office do and they were schooled on how to answer question on just about everything. Can’t wait for BOR to claim that he’s the best interviewer evah! His claiming that dear leader’s heart was in the right place is as irritating as the regime claiming that Benghazi was a protest over a video. Denver could have used a little of this misdirection for their game plan if they even had one of those.

Kissmygrits on February 3, 2014 at 9:48 AM

On my fb newsfeed:

African-American Conservatives

22044 on February 3, 2014 at 8:35 AM

Bishop on February 3, 2014 at 8:36 AM

…those were funny!

KOOLAID2 on February 3, 2014 at 9:54 AM

loveofcountry on February 3, 2014 at 8:58 AM

And why, oh wise one, did Lois Lerner invoke the Fifth Amendment?

Throat Wobbler Mangrove loveofcountry on February 3, 2014 at 8:58 AM

And why, oh wise one, did Lois Lerner invoke the Fifth Amendment?

Throat Wobbler Mangrove on February 3, 2014 at 9:22 AM

…the dumass dipshit ….would pop a brain vessel…trying to answer that!

KOOLAID2 on February 3, 2014 at 9:57 AM

O’Reilly asked the right questions, hard questions, but failed to get any answers. All he got was ducks, dodges and obfuscation.

Obama danced around him. Questions were left unanswered. Lies were left unchallenged.

Probably there wasn’t enough time to challenge the lies, and probably O’Reilly didn’t want to come off as a bully. But it was frustrating, maddening to watch this shameless liar run out the clock.

petefrt on February 3, 2014 at 10:08 AM

When you boil it all down, basically his answer for everything is “it’s Fox’s fault”.

Tater Salad on February 3, 2014 at 10:13 AM

OH, LORD.

SO the norm is for Bill Oh! to hype this for three days as “The interview everyone is talking about!!” and there will by Thursday have been “Body Language Experts” on to evaluate Bill (“Now what was I doing here?”)

Marcus on February 3, 2014 at 10:15 AM

probably O’Reilly didn’t want to come off as a bully

petefrt on February 3, 2014 at 10:08 AM

Well that didn’t work. Read some lib comments. According to many, BOR was terribly disrespectful. If you didn’t see the interview, you would think O’Reilly stood up and punched dear Leader in the nose.

lynncgb on February 3, 2014 at 10:19 AM

Obama who I have my issues with

loveofcountry on February 3, 2014 at 8:58 AM

F-

Del Dolemonte on February 3, 2014 at 10:21 AM

lynncgb on February 3, 2014 at 10:19 AM

Leftists think will say asking Obama any hard question is rude… and raaacist too.

petefrt on February 3, 2014 at 10:25 AM

Every Republican candidate should be required to watch that video and take notes. Obama got asked tough questions, couldn’t answer them, and instead deflected attention by attacking the questions as being media bias.

That’s EXACTLY how Republican candidates should push back against liberal media bias in interviews. A candidate gets asked an unfair question about the definition of rape, abortions, etc.? Don’t give a long-winded answer. Just say “you know, you guys need to stop using these Media Matters talking points. We all know what rape is, and it’s thanks to Republican policies that more sexual predators are behind bars now than ever.”

How hard is that?

Outlander on February 3, 2014 at 10:29 AM

What good does it do to ask “tough questions” if all you’re going to get is half-truths, non-answers, and other evasions?

Benghazi? A dumb foreign policy, incompetence vis-a-vis security on 9/11, and then lies born of political expedience. Nothing is going to come of this.

IRS… O’Reilly came unarmed with facts. He accepted most of Obama’s counters without follow up. Tea Party groups had their applications held up. Liberal groups did not. It’s still going on. Ongoing investigation is headed by major Obama donor — O’Reilly didn’t mention this.

Obamacare: 3Million enrolled is false. If Obama wants to brag about medicaid enrollees, why not counter with “So couldn’t we have simply passed a medicaid expansion and leave the existing market (that 85% were happy with) alone?”

Weak, wasted interview. Obama’s a fluent, serial liar.

SAMinVA on February 3, 2014 at 10:31 AM

Pathological liar. Period.

hoakie on February 3, 2014 at 10:33 AM

I can’t watch Obama. Makes my blood pressure go up. Beck is making excuses for O’Reilly this morning – the fact that he only had 10 minutes. It’s a fair point. O’Reilly did ask a couple of questions that no one else in the media would ask – like the 150 visits to the White House by the IRS director.

I’m not a big O’Reilly fan either. He spent almost all of Obama’s first four years wondering: “Is Obama a pragmatic centrist, or is he really this far leftwing guy?” Geez Bill, get a clue. I figured out who Obama was politically in one afternoon on the internet back in 2007.

TarheelBen on February 3, 2014 at 10:39 AM