Programming note: Conservative women join “The View” this week

posted at 10:21 pm on February 3, 2014 by Mary Katharine Ham

The Blaze’s Dana Loesch was on today, joining Barbara Walters, Whoopi Goldberg, Sherri Shepherd, and Jenny McCarthy at the table.

I’ll be on tomorrow, 11 a.m., live on ABC. It was heartening to see this message on a broadcast network show today, reaching an audience who usually doesn’t hear it. Dana also professed her staunch backing of 2nd Amendment rights. Nice! Click to watch Dana explain why she became a conservative:

Dana on The View

Comments

They’re advertising Rosie on Friday.

RickB on February 3, 2014 at 10:22 PM

Still won’t watch that show…

OmahaConservative on February 3, 2014 at 10:22 PM

Page broken. Food truck treatment incoming.

nobar on February 3, 2014 at 10:24 PM

You go girl!

Remember – trust no one.

Bruno Strozek on February 3, 2014 at 10:26 PM

Page broken. Food truck treatment incoming.

nobar on February 3, 2014 at 10:24 PM

Heh, I fixed it.

Mary Katharine Ham on February 3, 2014 at 10:27 PM

Still won’t watch that show…

OmahaConservative on February 3, 2014 at 10:22 PM

You don’t have to, Dana has her own show on The Blaze every Friday.

FloatingRock on February 3, 2014 at 10:27 PM

Dana is fearless. Love that lady…too bad she packed up and went to tx.

Murphy9 on February 3, 2014 at 10:27 PM

Funny how the beautiful ones are always conservative.

crrr6 on February 3, 2014 at 10:27 PM

Next week, transvestites. The week after that, female athletes.

Conservative women get the pop-anthropological treatment from the cast of The View.

I guess it’s better than the way they treat black conservatives….

notropis on February 3, 2014 at 10:30 PM

Better tie down and duct tape Baba Wawa’s and Whoopi’s yappers lest they talk over as they storm off stage.

viking01 on February 3, 2014 at 10:30 PM

I’ll be on tomorrow, 11 a.m., live on ABC.
==========================================

MKH,…..and bring your HAMMER:0

canopfor on February 3, 2014 at 10:32 PM

Baba Wawa defended Woody Allen today according to BOR…

OmahaConservative on February 3, 2014 at 10:35 PM

Don’t get me wrong. God bless you, MKH. Do what you can! Maybe some viewers will say, “Yeah, that’s how I feel.”

You’re not afraid to represent – and that’s what we need. Inroads are being made, I think, however slowly.

notropis on February 3, 2014 at 10:35 PM

Was that video edited? It seemed as if the whole panel was asking her questions and then one of the hags would cut her off and ask her another question..

BigWyo on February 3, 2014 at 10:37 PM

Ham is more famous than me by far even counting my Twitchy mention.

SparkPlug on February 3, 2014 at 10:38 PM

Woody the perv Allen should be sent to jail.

SparkPlug on February 3, 2014 at 10:38 PM

Give ‘em hell MKH.

Flange on February 3, 2014 at 10:39 PM

At every turn, the ViewFemBots, have tried to trip her
up, and press Dana on her switch from ProgTard/Lib to Conservative,
and she did an excellent job answering all of it!!

canopfor on February 3, 2014 at 10:39 PM

Programming note: Conservative women join “The View” this week.

Who are the other women?

Vince on February 3, 2014 at 10:41 PM

SparkPlug on February 3, 2014 at 10:38 PM

*smiles sweetly.*

annoyinglittletwerp on February 3, 2014 at 10:43 PM

Baba Wawa defended Woody Allen today according to BOR…

OmahaConservative on February 3, 2014 at 10:35 PM

Birds of a feather. Baba did to “news” what Woody did to his stepdaughter….

viking01 on February 3, 2014 at 10:44 PM

Sorry Mary Katharine. I just can’t do it. *cringe* Make us proud tomorrow! I know you will. ; )

Bmore on February 3, 2014 at 10:45 PM

Dana is fearless. Love that lady…too bad she packed up and went to tx.

Murphy9 on February 3, 2014 at 10:27 PM

Murphy’ beat me to the ‘key word’, but I’ll go further and state she’s the . B E S T . “firebrand” for the conservative political movement in America, today.
NO … I’m not decrying Sarah.

I’m only saying that right now I believe Dana has, at least, temporarily upstaged Sarah.

listens2glenn on February 3, 2014 at 10:47 PM

MKH, I hope you don’t try as hard to her to pretend that the left is “just a different point of view”, which was the flavor I got. Dana dropped softballs- like the issue of hate twitters, “I thought liberals liked opposing points of view, I guess that was before they took over media, education and government, now they try to silence and destroy it”.

Spartacus on February 3, 2014 at 10:48 PM

I watched the Dana clip, and she certainly held her own with those ignorant, sneering, contemptuous witches, and I realize that Breitbart’s mantra was that conservatives have to make these kinds of inroads into popular culture, but these appearances also legitimize such shows — shows that should be mocked and ridiculed relentlessly. Barbara Walters is a disgraceful leftist loon. The other women there are an embarrassment to women everywhere, truly hideous caricatures of female achievement. We should be pointing at them and laughing — all of us — not helping them pretend they are something else.

Rational Thought on February 3, 2014 at 10:49 PM

Love ya MKH, but I won’t be watching…I have to be at work and those other women would be too shrill for me anyway. Vaya Con Dios!

22044 on February 3, 2014 at 10:49 PM

Just read some more comments. If she was all out for the Clintons then she is a slow learner and I detected no firebrand in this puffball get together. Maybe there was some I didn’t see, but this clip was nauseating.

Spartacus on February 3, 2014 at 10:51 PM

Woody the perv Allen should be sent to jail.

SparkPlug on February 3, 2014 at 10:38 PM

*smiles sweetly.*

annoyinglittletwerp on February 3, 2014 at 10:43 PM

But what if he flees the U.S., and joins up with Roman Polanski, over in France ? !

listens2glenn on February 3, 2014 at 10:51 PM

Why?!

Jaibones on February 3, 2014 at 10:52 PM

I wonder if she’ll ask to play some of the video of her, with Ted Nugent, shooting in “fully automatic” mode.
And if she asks, would ABC accommodate her ?

listens2glenn on February 3, 2014 at 10:55 PM

Heh, the campaign by the Moms Demand Action fascists had no effect on Dana’s appearance. Those nasty Bloomberg moms were trying to get her kicked off the show. They were personally sliming her too. The View ladies were much better behaved than the horrid Bloomberg Moms, as far as what I saw.

Have fun, MKH!

juliesa on February 3, 2014 at 10:56 PM

This is Dana’s breakout year. Good for her! Will plug my nose and watch the View. I don’t need to wish MKH luck because she will crush it without even trying. Thank you Talking Points McGee, ha ha ha.

John the Libertarian on February 3, 2014 at 10:57 PM

Why?!

Jaibones on February 3, 2014 at 10:52 PM

He’d do it for the same reason Roman Polanski did.

listens2glenn on February 3, 2014 at 11:00 PM

As Dr. Krauthammer usually says, The View discovered half the country.

ojfltx on February 3, 2014 at 11:04 PM

He’d do it for the same reason Roman Polanski did.

listens2glenn on February 3, 2014 at 11:00 PM

To clarify, Polanski had just had his pregnant wife brutally slaughtered in his home. I doubt his head was on straight. Nor was he a habitual abuser of a girl on the far, far other side of puberty.

John the Libertarian on February 3, 2014 at 11:09 PM

I love how they treat her (and other conservative women) like novelties.

SouthernGent on February 3, 2014 at 11:30 PM

b r i n g
t h e
h a m m e r
M K H !

KOOLAID2 on February 3, 2014 at 11:40 PM

Why does the left always feel the need to stack the deck 4-1 against conservatives on these shows?

myiq2xu on February 3, 2014 at 11:42 PM

(That was a rhetorical question)

myiq2xu on February 3, 2014 at 11:43 PM

Just four years earlier. Plus he has a habit of screwing young girls.

myiq2xu on February 3, 2014 at 11:46 PM

Just four years earlier.

My bad – eight years (1969-1977)

myiq2xu on February 3, 2014 at 11:50 PM

In 1976, Polanski started a romantic relationship with Nastassja Kinski, who starred in Tess. She was between 15 and 17 years old at the time and he was 43.

myiq2xu on February 3, 2014 at 11:51 PM

(That was a rhetorical question)

myiq2xu on February 3, 2014 at 11:43 PM

Because one smart Conservative is worth four “celebrity Liberals”.
If they reduced the number of Liberals to less than four, it would be an unfair advantage in favor of the one Conservative.

listens2glenn on February 4, 2014 at 12:00 AM

He’d do it for the same reason Roman Polanski did.

listens2glenn on February 3, 2014 at 11:00 PM

John the Libertarian on February 3, 2014 at 11:09 PM

Just four eight years earlier.

Plus he has a habit of screwing young girls.

myiq2xu on February 3, 2014 at 11:46 PM

myiq2xu on February 3, 2014 at 11:51 PM

He couldn’t have had a “habit” of hitting on multiple under-aged girls.

You must not have read what John’ said.

Or ….. like me, you didn’t take it for “face value.”

listens2glenn on February 4, 2014 at 12:12 AM

Good luck on the show! You won’t need it for performance, of course, but on that set there is just no telling what might be catching.

Speaking of which . . .

Funny how the beautiful ones are always conservative.

crrr6 on February 3, 2014 at 10:27 PM

After years of careful research and thoughtful comtemplation, I’ve decided that it is in fact leftist viewpoints that make women unattractive. Also, the same views tend to attract the unattractive, and the effect is cumulative.

Adjoran on February 4, 2014 at 12:32 AM

I’ll be on tomorrow, 11 a.m., live on ABC.

Please, MKH, I beg you. Show up in mink or some other dead animal’s fur. Want to see the rest of them freak.

TXUS on February 4, 2014 at 1:35 AM

You must not have read what John’ said.

Or ….. like me, you didn’t take it for “face value.”

listens2glenn on February 4, 2014 at 12:12 AM

My bad. For some reason I thought Polanski committed his rape in 1972. Which in no way excuses the act, just to be straight. But it is a whole different level of twisted going after a girl who is 16 versus a girl who is 7.

John the Libertarian on February 4, 2014 at 3:07 AM

I hope she’s had all of her shots, and that there was a hazmat tent just off-stage for a full decontamination. And don’t drink the water. Same for you, M-Kat. That’s a veritable Chernobyl of progressivism ’round that table.

tpitman on February 4, 2014 at 6:04 AM

Four lefties to one righty. Yeah, that will go well. And a different righty every day — the punching bag of the day.

farsighted on February 4, 2014 at 6:09 AM

What purpose is there in going on a program that defends pedophiles? A refusal to be seen on that program, with an explanation of why, would have been more useful.

CTimbo on February 4, 2014 at 6:50 AM

“you became a conservative AFTER becoming a mother?”
She asked more than once. So condescending and with such surprise. I like how Dana said, “I opened my mind”
They could learn a thing or two..but they won’t.
Just wow..

bridgetown on February 4, 2014 at 7:53 AM

Best of luck today, MKH, in the Seneca quote kind of way: “Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity.”

And…

b r i n g
t h e
h a m m e r
M K H !

KOOLAID2 on February 3, 2014 at 11:40 PM

Fallon on February 4, 2014 at 8:29 AM

myiq2xu on February 3, 2014 at 11:42 PM

Because “The Five”

The formula works with the target demographic.

BigAlSouth on February 4, 2014 at 8:45 AM

You should be used to it; you are the only conservative here at Hot Air…

conservativeBC on February 4, 2014 at 9:38 AM

Babs looks like she is trying to fiend off the truth with those hands. “No, no, no, you must not tell the truth. I’m allergic to it.”

elm on February 4, 2014 at 9:50 AM

I thought it was interesting how the panel treated this wonderful conservative woman as though she was an alien. They were all so curious, so befuddled, as to how one could go from raging progressive to conservative. I also find it interesting that the two strongest voices on the show, Barbara and Whoopi, have never had children (although Walters adopted a daughter in 1976 during her second marriage). They have no idea what it is like to create a life, give birth to that life and then raise it with the emotional attachment one experiences during the process.

Looking forward to seeing MKH’s highlights.

TheLoudTalker on February 4, 2014 at 10:43 AM

Correction: Whoopie had a girl when she was 18, in 1973. My mistake.

TheLoudTalker on February 4, 2014 at 10:45 AM

Sorry, The Leftist View is one of the shows I have blocked in my home. Along with the entire networks of CNN, MSLSD, PBS, CNBC, etc.

I don’t even have kids, but you gotta love those parental controls.

Meople on February 4, 2014 at 10:48 AM

Eeeewwwwww…why would I ever want to watch that yentafest?

Galtian on February 4, 2014 at 10:51 AM

Pointless. No one can fix the View’s audience. Conservative and hot. She doesn’t have a chance on that show.

NoPain on February 4, 2014 at 11:03 AM

Dana is the female equivalent of Mark Levin. I’m sorry that I missed that one. I would have love to see her tear those clueless bimbos to pieces.

cajunpatriot on February 4, 2014 at 1:22 PM

When they ask why you are conservative please turn it on them and ask why they are liberal.You’ll get blank stares or mindless robot statements.

Also ask Star Jones, or whoever that was sitting next to Dana, what exactly the Democratic party has done for the African American community?

That should have been Dana’s answer regarding home-schooling. I am home-schooling because the liberals destroyed the public school system the way they destroy everything else.

SittingDeadRed on February 4, 2014 at 3:26 PM

SittingDeadRed

That’s the way to answer their questions! Taking it to them!
Ok…I’ll say it, “It’s why I miss Sarah Palin and fell in love with her.”

At least Dana is somewhat more articulate than the other gal that used to be the lone conservative voice.

Too much rot to tune in for an occasional “good conservative comment”…kinda like Bill O’Reilly.

Typicalwhitewoman on February 4, 2014 at 4:03 PM