Super Bowl Sunday open thread

posted at 2:01 pm on February 2, 2014 by Ed Morrissey

Ed: Ah, Super Bowl Sunday has arrived, which means it’s the end of the NFL season and the end of cheap, easy posts on Sunday for another seven months. Thanks to a two-week run of perfect predictions, I get to start off the last post of the 2013 season. Thank goodness that Team Rice went for two points at the end of the Pointless Bowl, eh? And by the way, that actually turned out to be a fun game to watch. Too bad I was the only one watching it.

Jazz: Did you say an easy post? Heck, I squeezed two out of it this weekend before the clock runs out. As to the Pointless Bowl and Ed’s bragging rights… fair enough. Congrats. I had to find out whether I won or not the following morning since there was a re-run of Ancient Aliens which I’d only seen twice at the same time. Congrats to Team Rice. Hope you enjoyed your free trip to Hawaii.

Ed: All right, let’s get to the big game itself. This year we don’t have the super-hot wild-card team coming out of nowhere to contend for the championship, but two solid division winners who beat tough rivals to make it to the final dance. Denver’s known for its top-ranked explosive pass offense, and Seattle’s defense is top-ranked against the pass. It’s the ultimate unstoppable force meets immovable object clash.

Jazz: I’m with Ed in looking forward to this game in terms of seeing two teams who legitimately earned their spots, not just in the playoffs, but with full seasons of solid play. I love a good underdog story as much as the next guy, (particularly if it involves the Jets) but it’s refreshing to see a real battle of the Titans. (With all due apologies to Tennessee fans.) There are sentimental stories on both sides, with Peyton ostensibly “on his way out” and wanting one more trip to the winner’s circle to put some icing on the cake of his career. But you’ve got to love the attitude of a – ahem – certain defensive player with the Seahawks who is looking for additional vindication. Defensive powerhouses do tend to do better in the Big Game, but that’s not the only deciding factor. There’s no home field advantage, but one of these teams is known for doing better in a loud environment. They may not be at home, but in New Jersey you should be able to generate those levels of noise just from the locals yelling, “YOU TALKIN’ TO ME???

Ed: Richard Sherman may be looking for more vindication, but some Denver receivers probably plan on talking with their play today, too. ESPN does note that big-scoring offenses tend to do poorly in Super Bowls, but this year will be different for a couple of reasons. First, Denver’s peaking again in the playoffs. They dominated the Pats two weeks ago, which you don’t usually see with the Belichick/Brady combination. Seattle barely got past the wild-card 49ers two weeks ago in a sloppy game from both sides. Peyton Manning has tons of experience playing at this level, while it’s going to be very new to Russell Wilson and most of the marquee players on the other sideline. This should be a great game to watch, but I’ve got to go with Manning and Denver by six, 33-27.

Jazz: Much as with the last two weeks, I don’t have any real personal investment in either of these teams and will really just be watching for the entertainment value of a (hopefully) great game. But I’m taking the traditional side of the better defense carrying the day. Also, while it may have had a couple of misfires, the majority of the time this season has shown that one of the most reliable predictors for a team’s imminent downfall on any given week is Ed Morrissey picking them to win. I’ll take the Seahawks in a somewhat lower scoring war in the trenches, 24-13.

Ed: By the way, I put the over-under on so-weird-they’re-controversial Super Bowl commercials at four.

Jazz: I’m predicting no real surprises or majorly hyped controversies from the commercials, simply because they’ve been leaking them out ahead of time. What fresh hell is this? Now we’re watching commercials for commercials? Seriously?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 6 7 8 9

terryannonline on February 2, 2014 at 11:27 PM</blockquote

No, the NFC is not a much superior league.

Christien on February 2, 2014 at 11:30 PM

A bit of schadenfreude: Tim Tebow did better tonight than the Denver Broncos!

Christian Conservative on February 2, 2014 at 11:31 PM

I think it would be fitting for this to be remembered in NFL history as “The Stupor Bowl.”

Christien on February 2, 2014 at 11:33 PM

My only take from this year’s Super Bowl:

I will never again buy another Coke product.

And I say that as a legal immigrant to the US.

Norwegian on February 2, 2014 at 11:35 PM

No, the NFC is not a much superior league.

Really? Maybe it was just one bad game for the Broncos…..but from what I just saw I think a couple of other teams from the NFC could have beat them.

Not a 49ers fan but they gave the seahawks one heck of a game.

terryannonline on February 2, 2014 at 11:37 PM

OMAHA, OMAHA!!!!

OmahaConservative on February 2, 2014 at 11:46 PM

terryannonline on February 2, 2014 at 11:37 PM

The NFC is a conference in the NFL, not a league.

Christien on February 2, 2014 at 11:50 PM

My only take from this year’s Super Bowl:

I will never again buy another Coke product.

And I say that as a legal immigrant to the US.

Norwegian on February 2, 2014 at 11:35 PM

I said the same thing to the room when that ad aired. No Coke. Ever.

Ronnie on February 2, 2014 at 11:51 PM

The NFC is a conference in the NFL, not a league.

Christien on February 2, 2014 at 11:50 PM

alright. You knew what I meant.

terryannonline on February 2, 2014 at 11:51 PM

Rush is pissed every time a black QB wins the super bowl…

libfreeordie on February 2, 2014 at 11:52 PM

Norwegian on February 2, 2014 at 11:35 PM

I agree. But I had almost stop drinking them already. Just the final nail for me.

Flange on February 2, 2014 at 11:53 PM

Rush is pissed every time a black QB wins the super bowl…

libfreeordie on February 2, 2014 at 11:52 PM

Seriously? Why did you have to go there?

terryannonline on February 2, 2014 at 11:54 PM

Congratulations libfreeordie!

Not everything is race-based. You won, enjoy!

Schadenfreude on February 2, 2014 at 11:56 PM

Flange on February 2, 2014 at 11:53 PM

What was in the ad?…I imagine amnesty pushing…

Schadenfreude on February 2, 2014 at 11:57 PM

Rush is pissed every time a black QB wins the super bowl…

libfreeordie on February 2, 2014 at 11:52 PM

Way to bring race in the conversation. Seven pages of race free comments until the lib showed up. Way to go.

Flange on February 2, 2014 at 11:57 PM

Flange on February 2, 2014 at 11:57 PM

Class in victory, same as that dude who went to Stanford and obama, twice.

Schadenfreude on February 2, 2014 at 11:58 PM

My only take from this year’s Super Bowl:

I will never again buy another Coke product.

And I say that as a legal immigrant to the US.

Norwegian on February 2, 2014 at 11:35 PM

So people saying America in different languages is offensive to you? Wow.

terryannonline on February 3, 2014 at 12:00 AM

What was in the ad?…I imagine amnesty pushing…

Schadenfreude on February 2, 2014 at 11:57 PM

Basically. America The Beautiful sung in Spanish.

Flange on February 3, 2014 at 12:00 AM

Rush is pissed every time a black QB wins the super bowl…

libfreeordie on February 2, 2014 at 11:52 PM

They’re Canadian. Why would they care about the Super Bowl?

Ronnie on February 3, 2014 at 12:03 AM

Activity

Schadenfreude on February 3, 2014 at 12:04 AM

Seriously? Why did you have to go there?

terryannonline on February 2, 2014 at 11:54 PM

libby is a soulless maggot, that’s why.

And I bet he’s more interested in the soccer match. He is an academic after all. Can’t let himself get too exposed to a sport where a limp wrist is a handicap.

BKennedy on February 3, 2014 at 12:04 AM

You’re being called “ugly Americans” now.

Boycott Coke.

I predict that at the next SOTU there will be women invited who’re semi-covred, and in the last one for obama they will look Afghani, totally covered. May it not be so.

Schadenfreude on February 3, 2014 at 12:09 AM

Was born in Seattle in ’63…lived here all my life. Tonight is SO SWEET. Love it. GO HAWKS!!

dont taze me bro on February 3, 2014 at 12:11 AM

Was born in Seattle in ’63…

dont taze me bro on February 3, 2014 at 12:11 AM

Who wasn’t?

DarkCurrent on February 3, 2014 at 12:14 AM

I’m sorry but what am I suppose to find offensive about an add where people are singing their LOVE for America in different languages?

Uh…we are probably the most culturally dominant society in the world. Aren’t conservatives suppose to believe we are the Shining City on the Hill…..so we are going to get people from all cultures who love America.

terryannonline on February 3, 2014 at 12:15 AM

Basically. America The Beautiful sung in Spanish.

Flange on February 3, 2014 at 12:00 AM

Why would that bother anyone?

lexhamfox on February 3, 2014 at 12:15 AM

So not only do immigrants have to learn English, they have to forget how to sing in their native language.

pedestrian on February 3, 2014 at 12:18 AM

Who wasn’t?

DarkCurrent on February 3, 2014 at 12:14 AM

heh! you, too? Just checking out your pics…great stuff!

dont taze me bro on February 3, 2014 at 12:18 AM

Why would that bother anyone?

lexhamfox on February 3, 2014 at 12:15 AM

The a big battle over amnesty right now. As far as I’m concerned Coke just came out as pro amnesty and anti America. This is an English speaking country, sign it in English.

Flange on February 3, 2014 at 12:20 AM

OMG! People sang about their love of America is a foreign language! The horrors!

terryannonline on February 3, 2014 at 12:20 AM

Flange on February 3, 2014 at 12:20 AM

Wow. You are reading way too much into a Coke commercial.

And how you can find people showing love for America offensive.

terryannonline on February 3, 2014 at 12:25 AM

The=there’s, see they’re already screwing up my English. :-)

Flange on February 3, 2014 at 12:26 AM

Wow. You are reading way too much into a Coke commercial.
And how you can find people showing love for America offensive.

terryannonline on February 3, 2014 at 12:25 AM

If I’m reading too much into that’s too bad for me, but I don’t think I am. I’m not asking you to boycott, or anyone. Someone said they were done and I agreed with them. Like everyone else, you’re free to make your purchasing decisions based on your own reasons.

Flange on February 3, 2014 at 12:31 AM

Terryann,

Alright u knew what they meant.

Christien on February 3, 2014 at 12:32 AM

terryannonline on February 3, 2014 at 12:15 AM

Rum and Propaganda leaves a bitter taste in my mouth., and I really don’t care to see muslims represented as singing their LOVE for America. Basically, I’m tired of the liberal push to become the Diverse States of America. Divided we fall, as they say. I thought we were a melting pot. Well, we used to be.

Ronnie on February 3, 2014 at 12:32 AM

Flange on February 3, 2014 at 12:31 AM

You have yet explain what was so offensive about the ad?

terryannonline on February 3, 2014 at 12:34 AM

Wow. You are reading way too much into a Coke commercial.

And how you can find people showing love for America offensive.

terryannonline on February 3, 2014 at 12:25 AM

Hi Terryann. My Seahawks just won…and I’m basking in the afterglow of that right now….so I really don’t have any desire to get partisan and snarky right now. But I have to admit…I saw that commercial and had a similar thought. The timing is just too much with the political debate right now. Coke as a corporation has to know that…and they chose to make this message at this time. This is a double edged sword: if the people singing are citizens…it’s beautiful. If the people singing are not citizens but claiming the right to be here on an equal footing with citizens…then no, not cool. And my impression was that this was really a message for the latter.

dont taze me bro on February 3, 2014 at 12:34 AM

Flange

You’re right. It was multiculti swill. They could’ve had immigrants singing it in whatever accented English they speak. Also, it’s hard to teach the world to Babel in perfect harmony when using a bunch of disparate tongues.

Christien on February 3, 2014 at 12:37 AM

The xenophobic protesters had one thing right: we do speak English in America. We speak it on official business and in Super Bowl broadcasts; we use it in publications like this one.

But that’s not all we do. People like my immigrant mother and her immigrant sisters learn English as adults and raise their kids to speak it, and also speak French and Arabic at family get-togethers and on phone calls. We speak English in school and Spanish with grandparents and Spanglish with friends. We speak Creole and Chinese and Tagalog sitting down to family dinners–maybe with a bottle or two of Coke around the table, which is why Coke is smart to recognize this.

We come to America, in other words, and we become American–but we don’t erase everything else that we were before, we don’t forget our cultures and languages as if they never existed, and we don’t hide them as if they’re shameful or less than patriotic. We bring them out and share them, and they make this country better and stronger. America isn’t weakened because people don’t submit to a monoculture; it’s strong because it can absorb the peoples and aspirations and talents of the rest of the world without erasing their cultures.

Which is the message this ad shared (besides “Buy Coke”)–it was not a rejection of English, but a celebration of it, and series of tongues, representing all corners of the Earth, resolving in a final line sung in the country’s lingua franca of English and the tag: “America Is Beautiful.”

And it is, even if some people can listen to that chorus and hear nothing but noise.

This azz misses the entire point of the rage.

Go to NM, CA, NV, heck to OK, KY and any other state and find out how many illegal aliens are really studying English.

Of course all whom he listed can/do speak their native languages at home, and at parties…

Fool like obama, who thinks that Austiran is a language.

The irony that terryannonline basically implies that she is erudite and Norwegian is not, makes me grin.

I bet Norwegian knows the world 10 times better than pro illegal immigration and pro Rubio terry. You are nothing if not obtuse.

Schadenfreude on February 3, 2014 at 12:38 AM

Ronnie on February 3, 2014 at 12:32 AM

Not every Muslim is an America hater……and we should encouraging Muslims to express their love of America not knocking it.

terryannonline on February 3, 2014 at 12:38 AM

terryannonline on February 3, 2014 at 12:38 AM

It’s impossible to love both.

Ronnie on February 3, 2014 at 12:40 AM

You have yet explain what was so offensive about the ad?

terryannonline on February 3, 2014 at 12:34 AM

This is an English speaking country in the middle of a debate about amnesty for illegal aliens. I think that was a pro amnesty ad, and I find amnesty offensive. Sign it in English if you love America so much. Show a little effort to assimilate.

Flange on February 3, 2014 at 12:40 AM

And how you can find people showing love for America offensive.

terryannonline on February 3, 2014 at 12:25 AM

You miss the flukeing point – showing love is to attempt to sing it in English, best they can. It would have been very simpatico and this discussion would not take place.

Alas, gnats rejoice!

Schadenfreude on February 3, 2014 at 12:40 AM

Not every Muslim is an America hater……

terryannonline on February 3, 2014 at 12:38 AM

Indeed, but every terrorist, just about, is Muslim.

Schadenfreude on February 3, 2014 at 12:41 AM

Alright who gave the bint a pint?

Christien on February 3, 2014 at 12:44 AM

Christien on February 3, 2014 at 12:37 AM

When do they sing it in Esperanto?

Flange on February 3, 2014 at 12:47 AM

Go buy the Boston Marathon bomber a Coke terryann.

Christien on February 3, 2014 at 12:47 AM

Not so long ago, Coke wanted to teach the world to sing in perfect harmony. Now the harmonious are called xenophobes.

Ronnie on February 3, 2014 at 12:50 AM

Ronnie on February 3, 2014 at 12:50 AM

Well said.

dont taze me bro on February 3, 2014 at 12:58 AM

Flange on February 2, 2014 at 11:57 PM

He can’t help it. He obsesses on his bigotry about the stereotype of conservative racism. It is the way of the bigot to act exactly as he acts.

29Victor on February 3, 2014 at 1:21 AM

Well, that and he’s pathetically needy for attention.

29Victor on February 3, 2014 at 1:21 AM

heh! you, too?

dont taze me bro on February 3, 2014 at 12:18 AM

Just coincidentally

DarkCurrent on February 3, 2014 at 1:35 AM

Rush is pissed every time a black QB wins the super bowl…

libfreeordie on February 2, 2014 at 11:52 PM

Absolutely epic fail on your part.

Before this Super Bowl, only 1 black QB had won the Super Bowl, Doug Williams.

He did so in January of 1988, a full half-year before Rush Limbaugh’s show was even syndicated nationally.

Z-

Del Dolemonte on February 3, 2014 at 1:38 AM

Why were the Cleveland browns wearing bronco uniforms in new jersey tonight?

portlandon on February 3, 2014 at 1:46 AM

Long-time Western Washington resident. Fans were absolutely RAMPED UP over this team going to the Super Bowl, and was it ever so sweet! Hope to see some repeats in the future, but the Niners are evolving into greatness, too, and they have a handle on the Hawks.

HiJack on February 3, 2014 at 3:04 AM

Don’t think you’ve gotten rid of me…..muwahhaaaahhhaaaahh.

I lurk and have lurked since the beginning of time just lately have had a lot to do so don’t comment. However…

Alas, gnats rejoice!

Schadenfreude on February 3, 2014 at 12:40 AM

I TOTALLY agree with this comment. My Grammie spoke Portuguese to her older friends but my Mother nor I know many words. My other Grandparents never taught us Swedish or Irish. Maybe that’s my loss, but my ancestors embraced AMERICA. And as we weren’t the wealthy type that could flit back and forth on boats in the early 1800′s we were pretty much stuck here! Biggest problem with Mexicans is they have easy access to the Homeland on a bus for $39. They don’t have to make the type of financial and emotional commitment that people from other countries do.

mrsmwp on February 3, 2014 at 3:51 AM

Maybe the reefer haze over Denver weakened the Broncos and put ‘em in a daze before the big day.

Just sayin’….

More unintended consequences maybe.

Sherman1864 on February 3, 2014 at 4:34 AM

226159734 2/2/14 4:01pm -$5.00 $45.00 1 Wager(s) Placed 226159734-1 $5.00 $780.00 Win 2/2/14 6:30pm NFL Football 101 Seattle Seahawks -34½ +15600* vs Denver Broncos

ModerateMan on February 3, 2014 at 5:00 AM

The turnover brothers just don’t seem to take to The Meadow Lands.

kregg on February 3, 2014 at 5:20 AM

The theme was repeated over and over during the halftime show … “Give it away now!”

kregg on February 3, 2014 at 5:47 AM

Retweeted by Allahpundit
Political Math ‏@politicalmath 8h

davidk on February 3, 2014 at 6:15 AM

Retweeted by Allahpundit
NowThis News ‏@nowthisnews 9h

Broncos’ Super Bowl highlight reel: pic.twitter.com/fYfApExeKW

davidk on February 3, 2014 at 6:17 AM

Not sure if this was posted here yet, but a 9/11 truther stole the microphone from Malcom Smith as he was talking about his MVP performance…

publius75 on February 3, 2014 at 6:32 AM

Ed – I think you should change the photo caption on this thread from “Showdown” to “Smackdown,”

dpduq on February 2, 2014 at 10:42 PM

In retrospect, “Dude” or “Dude?” would be more appropriate…

PointnClick on February 3, 2014 at 7:26 AM

Congrats to Pete Cheat Carroll and the Seahawks. PEDs work wonders.

RandallinHerndon on February 3, 2014 at 7:37 AM

Congratulations to the Seahawks. You earned it.
UDub students – grow up.

diogenes on February 3, 2014 at 8:08 AM

2 more points and they would have beaten the 36 point spread from SB 85 46-10.
1 more would have tied it.
was hoping for that at least.

superbowl shuffle 85

dmacleo on February 3, 2014 at 8:38 AM

OMAHA, OMAHA!!!!

OmahaConservative on February 2, 2014 at 11:46 PM

Manning should be apologzing to Omaha right about now.

Bitter Clinger on February 3, 2014 at 8:57 AM

OMAHA, OMAHA!!!!

OmahaConservative on February 2, 2014 at 11:46 PM

Manning should be apologzing to Omaha right about now.

Bitter Clinger on February 3, 2014 at 8:57 AM

He should have been screaming MAYDAY! MAYDAY!!!

Coke went from teaching the world to sing in perfect harmony, to the confusion of tongues.

Fallon on February 3, 2014 at 9:08 AM

Bet PM wished he was in Omaha which would be the only time anyone wished that. The D d and not so special team looked like they were standing still when mercy!Percy blew by you.
Loved the dog and horse ad as well as the TT one.

Kissmygrits on February 3, 2014 at 9:30 AM

Best tweets I’ve seen, (so far): RT @QuickTortuga: “What did you do after the Superbowl was over?” “Watched the 2nd half” (found in an Allahpundit RT)

James Taranto @jamestaranto 12h
Now I understand the expression “beating a dead horse.”

Keith Conrad @keithrconrad 13h
Karl Rove still thinks the Broncos have a shot at this thing.

Rovin on February 3, 2014 at 10:37 AM

Also, for more entertainment if you head on over to Profootball Talk and read through the comments and the thumbs up/down portion you’ll notice that it’s almost 2:1 that people still believe that Bush knocked the buildings down himself. Pretty sad really… publius75 on February 3, 2014 at 6:32 AM

Is Seahawks coach Pete Carroll a 9/11 truther? That all depends: Does badgering a former four-star general about whether 9/11 was real make one a truther?

Here’s what happened, according to a couple sources: Late last spring, retired general Peter Chiarelli, who had just finished his term as the Army’s vice chief of staff, visited Carroll at the Seattle Seahawks headquarters. Chiarelli was expecting a pleasant meeting. After all, the pair had what important businesspeople tend to call synergies: Chiarelli—who grew up in Seattle—is a big Seahawks fan. His post-military work concerns traumatic brain injury research, a cause of some significance to the NFL. And both have plenty of experience leading groups of men on grand American stages.

The sit-down between Chiarelli and Carroll started off normally enough. They talked about the team, and then about head trauma. Chiarelli, who commanded the American forces in Iraq during Operation Iraqi Freedom II, talked about the brain injuries he had seen there. But Chiarelli’s mention of Iraq sent Carroll in another direction: He wanted to know if the September 11 attacks had been planned or faked by the United States government.

In particular, Carroll wanted to know whether the attack on the Pentagon had really happened. Chiarelli—who was the top-ranking Army official inside the Pentagon when American Airlines Flight 77 crashed into its western side—explained that it had. He said he had lost many colleagues. But Carroll didn’t stop there. He ran through the whole 9/11 truther litany.

“Every 9/11 conspiracy theory you can think of, Pete asked about,” said Riki Ellison, the former NFL linebacker who now runs the Missile Defense Advocacy Alliance and introduced Carroll to Chiarelli. Ellison, along with Seahawks offensive line coach Pat Ruel, was at the meeting as well. “And he didn’t stop at 9/11—he had lots of questions about the role of the military today.” (Carroll does seem to have some fondness for the military. He lectured at a military-sponsored “conference on small unit excellence” in 2009, and last year Ellison connected him with Army soldiers at Camp Carroll in Korea.)

Carroll isn’t crazy, Ellison said. He’s just skeptical. “Pete grew up in California during Vietnam, and during Watergate. That’s just the perspective he brings to the table.”

So did the discussion last year turn hostile? A source close to Chiarelli, one who wasn’t present when he spoke to Carroll, told us that it did. He said the general had to leave the room because Carroll had rankled him so thoroughly. Ellison told us that that wasn’t true, that the discussion had remained friendly and “fun” throughout. A spokesman for Chiarelli at his foundation, One Mind for Research, did not respond to repeated phone and email requests.

Ellison said Carroll did only what anyone else would do: “Pete had a four-star general in the room, one of the army’s top guys. Why wouldn’t you push the envelope?”

Akzed on February 3, 2014 at 10:49 AM

Not every Muslim is an America hater……and we should encouraging Muslims to express their love of America by LOUDLY and fervently expessing their disdain for those extremists that want America DEAD.

terryannonline on February 3, 2014 at 12:38 AM

no charge for the correction…………..

Katfish on February 3, 2014 at 11:40 AM

What do Peyton Manning & Billy Graham have in common?

They can both fill stadiums with people saying “Jesus!”

portlandon on February 3, 2014 at 12:04 PM

Rush is pissed every time a black QB wins the super bowl…

libfreeordie on February 2, 2014 at 11:52 PM

Which is why Rush predicted the Seahawks would win…?

Better luck next time Teaching Assistant. Maybe provide sources next time.

gwelf on February 3, 2014 at 12:10 PM

Peyton Manning tried to thrown in the towel, but it was intercepted.

portlandon on February 3, 2014 at 12:13 PM

As a Brocos fan that was terribly painful to watch. Brought on flashbacks of when I was a Patriots fan in 1985….

portlandon on February 3, 2014 at 12:04 PM
portlandon on February 3, 2014 at 12:13 PM

All the old Broncos / Elway jokes from the 80s coming back.

Like – Heard Elway/Manning couldn’t get in his house after the game – someone painted a goal line across his driveway.

dentarthurdent on February 3, 2014 at 12:25 PM

A bit of schadenfreude: Tim Tebow did better tonight than the Denver Broncos!

Christian Conservative on February 2, 2014 at 11:31 PM

Manning is also close to the end of his career. Instead of investing in the guy they drafted, and working with him, they paid big bucks for a dead end. I have no sympathy for Elway or his bad judgment.

Rush is pissed every time a black QB wins the super bowl…

libfreeordie on February 2, 2014 at 11:52 PM

Also sprach a true racist. Leftists are utterly obsessed by race.

Quartermaster on February 3, 2014 at 12:34 PM

Rush is pissed every time a black QB wins the super bowl…

libfreeordie on February 2, 2014 at 11:52 PM

Which is why Rush predicted the Seahawks would win…?

Better luck next time Teaching Assistant. Maybe provide sources next time.

gwelf on February 3, 2014 at 12:10 PM

I cleaned libfree’s sundial on that lie on page 8 of the Super Bowl thread.

Before Wilson last night, the only black QB to win the Super Bowl was Doug Williams of the Washington Native Americans. He won that Super Bowl in January of 1988, which was 7 months before Limbaugh’s show even came on the air in syndication.

Del Dolemonte on February 3, 2014 at 12:39 PM

gwelf on February 3, 2014 at 12:10 PM

I cleaned libfree’s sundial on that lie on page 8 of the Super Bowl thread.

Del Dolemonte on February 3, 2014 at 12:39 PM

Oops, my bad. This is Page 8 of the SB thread.

F-

Del Dolemonte on February 3, 2014 at 12:40 PM

What do Peyton Manning & Billy Graham have in common?
They can both fill stadiums with people saying “Jesus!”

portlandon on February 3, 2014 at 12:04 PM

I’d change that one to “the Broncos and Billy Graham”.
It was not all Peyton’s fault – the entire team sucked last night.

dentarthurdent on February 3, 2014 at 12:52 PM

What was in the ad?

People speaking languages other than English. Horrors.

lostmotherland on February 3, 2014 at 1:09 PM

lostmotherland on February 3, 2014 at 1:09 PM

They weren’t speaking. They were singing.

You can’t even get the basics right, liar.

Christien on February 3, 2014 at 1:28 PM

lostmotherland on February 3, 2014 at 1:09 PM

They weren’t speaking. They were singing.
You can’t even get the basics right, liar.
Christien on February 3, 2014 at 1:28 PM

AND – he’s lost in the wrong thread….

dentarthurdent on February 3, 2014 at 1:29 PM

Was anyone else blown away by Bruno Mars?

I was complaining last week, but he put on a HELLUVA show.

connertown on February 3, 2014 at 1:30 PM

Mexican soccer announcer from Argentina expresses to America his love for America in English:

WE LOVE YOU! WE LOVE YOU FOREVER AND EVER! GOD, BLESS AMERICA!

Now, THAT’S how it’s done, son.

Christien on February 3, 2014 at 1:35 PM

Was anyone else blown away by Bruno Mars?
I was complaining last week, but he put on a HELLUVA show.

connertown on February 3, 2014 at 1:30 PM

Good show – but just not my taste in music.
I was happy though that they got away from hiring their halftime entertainers from the Rock-N-Roll Retirement home – those old farts ruined a lot of my favorite music.

dentarthurdent on February 3, 2014 at 1:38 PM

They weren’t speaking. They were singing.

You can’t even get the basics right, liar.

Christien

even worse. Singing foreigners. Ugh. How un-Amurcan.

lostmotherland on February 3, 2014 at 1:51 PM

even worse. Singing foreigners. Ugh. How un-Amurcan.

lostmotherland on February 3, 2014 at 1:51 PM

I love singing foreigners. Especially the US marines singing their anthem in some crap hole we just pwned.

portlandon on February 3, 2014 at 2:04 PM

lostmotherland on February 3, 2014 at 1:51 PM

Fail again, loser. They are American citizens singing in foreign languages.

You suck at trolling.

Christien on February 3, 2014 at 2:10 PM

even worse. Singing foreigners. Ugh. How un-Amurcan.

toure on February 3, 2014 at 1:51 PM

How’s your endless ditch coming along, Kid? You really should have a shovel for each hand.

Del Dolemonte on February 3, 2014 at 2:12 PM

What was in the ad?

People speaking languages other than English. Horrors.

toure on February 3, 2014 at 1:09 PM

It was also interesting to see that political interaction in Europe is not that different from the United States Senate. There’s a lot of — I don’t know what the term is in Austrian – wheeling and dealing — and, you know, people are pursuing their interests, and everybody has their own particular issues and their own particular politics.

That’s your Cult Leader, on April 4, 2009.

Thanks for playing!

F-

Del Dolemonte on February 3, 2014 at 2:14 PM

Del Dolemonte on February 3, 2014 at 2:14 PM

Libertay! *awkward pause* Absolutely! Egalitay! Fraternitay!

Christien on February 3, 2014 at 2:19 PM

Was anyone else blown away by Bruno Mars?

I was complaining last week, but he put on a HELLUVA show.

connertown on February 3, 2014 at 1:30 PM

Good show – but just not my taste in music.

dentarthurdent on February 3, 2014 at 1:38 PM

Funniest comment I saw about Bruno was that “Little Richard certainly has aged well.”

But a very sharp-eyed viewer caught something funny-when the Red Hot Chili Peppers came on for their song near the end, Flea’s guitar wasn’t even plugged in. D’OH!

Del Dolemonte on February 3, 2014 at 2:23 PM

Fail again, loser. They are American citizens singing in foreign languages.

You suck at trolling.

Christien

Can you say that in Spanish?

lostmotherland on February 3, 2014 at 2:32 PM

Can you say that in Spanish?

lostmotherland on February 3, 2014 at 2:32 PM

Si, pendejo.

dentarthurdent on February 3, 2014 at 2:36 PM

Fail again, loser. They are American citizens singing in foreign languages.

You suck at trolling.

Christien

How do you know they are citizens?

The ad would have been simpatico if they’d all have attempted, best they could, to say the same in English, alas.

Schadenfreude on February 3, 2014 at 2:40 PM

Over to 800

Schadenfreude on February 3, 2014 at 2:41 PM

Fail again, loser. They are American citizens singing in foreign languages.

You suck at trolling.

Christien

Can you say that in Spanish?

toure on February 3, 2014 at 2:32 PM

I can say it in Hawaiian!

November, 2011, your Cult Leader speaks in Honolulu:

“When I meet with world leaders, what’s striking — whether it’s in Europe or here in Asia — the kinds of fundamental reforms and changes, both on the revenue side and the public pension side, that other countries are having to make are so much more significant than what we need to do in order to get our books in order,” Obama said.

Usted aspirar a trolling-