RNC: That’s it, we’re boycotting MSNBC until its president apologizes; Update: Griffin apologizes, staffer fired

posted at 1:41 pm on January 30, 2014 by Guy Benson

Ed wrote about this Twitter storm earlier, but in case you’d missed it, here’s what the official feed of MSNBC — an ostensible “news” network — discharged last night:

Distilled, repellent race-baiting.  The tweet was quickly taken down with an apology issued, but the Republican National Committee isn’t in a forgiving mood.  Reince Priebus blasted out the following memo to all RNC staff, surrogates and strategists, urging Republicans of all stripes to refuse to appear on the network until its president personally apologizes for this most recent episode in an interminable string of nasty racial attacks against conservatives:

Unfortunately, this tweet is just the latest in a pattern of poor statements by MSNBC and its hosts. This morning I left a message with MSNBC President Phil Griffin to express my displeasure. I have sent him a letter demanding that he personally, as president of the network, take responsibility and apologize for the disgusting tweet. Until he takes internal corrective action and personally apologizes—not just to the RNC but to all right-of-center Americans—I’m banning all RNC staff from appearing on, associating with, or booking any RNC surrogates on MSNBC. As an elected official, strategist, or surrogate, I’m asking for you to agree to the same. We can have our political disagreements with MSNBC, but using biracial families to launch petty and ridiculous political attacks is low, even by MSNBC’s standards. It only coarsens our political discourse. MSNBC hosts—including Alec Baldwin, Martin Bashir, Melissa Harris-Perry, Alex Wagner, and Ronan Farrow just to name a few—have had a troubling streak in the last several weeks of making comments that belittle and demean Americans without furthering any thoughtful dialogue. Perhaps it’s time for the executives at MSNBC to consider whether their network is upholding a meaningful journalistic mission. This is more than just a tweet or an offhand comment. This is part of a pattern of behavior that has gotten markedly worse, and until Phil Griffin personally apologizes and takes corrective action, we cannot be part of this network’s toxic programming.

Honestly, this deleted tweet isn’t anywhere near the top of MSNBC’s roster of ignominy, at least in my book.  Melissa Harris-Perry’s “humorous” riff on Mitt Romney’s adopted black grandson was worse, as was Michael Eric Dyson’s despicable attack on Clarence Thomas, and Chris Matthews’ ignorant comparison of Mitch McConnell to a South African apartheid leader.  And those are just a few examples I plucked from recent memory.  So why might Priebus and company be picking this particular incident to publicly shame the network?  A few possibilities: (1) They’ve been teetering on the brink of issuing an ultimatum for awhile, and this was merely the last straw.  (2) MSNBC has already admitted wrongdoing here, so they’re in a vulnerable position from which they can’t really mount a defense of themselves.  If the RNC wants to embarrass Phil Griffin for the unmitigated shinola-show he’s presiding over, why not pounce when he’s already backed into a corner?  (3) It’s clever and cheeky payback for the channel’s breathless and hysterical coverage of Chris Christie.  Priebus may be hoisting MSNBC by its own petard vis-a-vis leaders being responsible for a “culture” they’ve permitted to fester on their watch. In light of the dearth of evidence against Christie himself, the network’s hosts have done a lot of concern-trolling about how Christie’s style of leadership fostered an environment that allowed abuses of power to take place (or, you know, not take place).  Well, over the last few months alone, MSNBC has parted ways with two anchors — one for demonstrating his penchant for dropping anti-gay slurs during fits of rage, and the other for stating outright that someone ought to defecate in Sarah Palin’s mouth.  A third anchor has been forced to deliver a tearful apology over her show’s content.  And now the network’s axed a tweet casually accusing the political Right of hating biracial families.

Questions: Why does MSNBC employ so many flaming jackholes as on air talent?  And why do these people seem to believe they have free reign to spout any thought that may pop into their head, no matter how vile or mean-spirited?  Who is responsible for the network’s…climate of hate, to borrow a term?  I’ll leave you with a flashback to why Priebus must be relishing this opportunity to twist the knife.  He has a bit of a history with MSNBC, you see, typified by a wild-eyed Chris Matthews calling him “garbage” (for alleged race-baiting, ironically) at the 2012 Republican National Convention.  Priebus fired back, labeling Matthews “the biggest jerk in the room:”

Update: The RNC wins this round:

“The tweet last night was outrageous and unacceptable. We immediately acknowledged that it was offensive and wrong, apologized, and deleted it. We have dismissed the person responsible for the tweet,” Griffin wrote in a statement. “I personally apologize to Mr. Priebus and to everyone offended,” he continued. “At msnbc we believe in passionate, strong debate about the issues and we invite voices from all sides to participate. That will never change.”

Update (Allahpundit): Erik Wemple of WaPo reports that Griffin’s getting tired of the weekly “sorry for offending everyone” apologies:

Griffin, says one of the sources, is as “angry” as his colleagues have seen him. In a meeting, he warned of serious and immediate repercussions and ripped the staff about the recent bout of stupid actions, according to the sources.

Lauren Skowronski, a spokeswoman for the network, e-mailed this statement: “What you’re hearing is an exaggeration but obviously this is a serious matter that’s being handled internally. Phil has spoken to his team to make it clear that these incidents are unacceptable.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

In the meantime, the same GOP is full steam ahead on passing amnesty even though nobody gives a crap about immigration reform. The only reason it’s not dead is because the GOP won’t let it go.

Spliff Menendez on January 30, 2014 at 3:53 PM

I know you all like to pretend racism doesn’t exist…..

Politricks on January 30, 2014 at 2:17 PM

On what basis is that remark aimed towards us ?

I seriously doubt there’s anyone here who genuinely qualifies for that charge/accusation.

…..and all us Blacks are hyper sensitive and see slights where none exist…..

Politricks on January 30, 2014 at 2:17 PM

I don’t speak for all “crackers”, but I believe you “Blacks” (with exceptions) are in a perpetual state of hostility, over the premise that there’s this “debt” owed to you by us, and how dare we ignore or otherwise fail to acknowledge it.

…..but you all need to own it.

Politricks on January 30, 2014 at 2:17 PM

Own what ? . . . . . . . . . Racism ?

I’m sure a few commentors here even would have an issue with mixed race families.

Politricks on January 30, 2014 at 2:17 PM

Common ground ! . . . . . except I don’t believe in the validity of defining our physiological differences as dividing us into different “sub-races” of humanity.
Otherwise, I’m sure there are those persons who have an issue with families of mixed race ethnicity. But agreeing with you on that point doesn’t resolve much.

listens2glenn on January 30, 2014 at 3:53 PM

Spliff Menendez on January 30, 2014 at 3:53 PM

I’d like to say you’re wrong ….. but then I’d be wrong. : (

listens2glenn on January 30, 2014 at 3:58 PM

I know you all like to pretend racism doesn’t exist…..

Politricks on January 30, 2014 at 2:17 PM

I know that is what your black heart is full of.

Murphy9 on January 30, 2014 at 4:05 PM

HumpBot Salvation on January 30, 2014 at 2:49 PM

You sound upset.
Mad about MSNBC? Me?

Mad at Fox News?
I mean they did essentially give you MSNBC…and President Barack Obama.

The irony, huh?

verbaluce on January 30, 2014 at 4:08 PM

Politricks on January 30, 2014 at 2:17 PM

And there are a lot at NAACP, MSDNC, and every other “liberal” organization.

I have lots of mixed race throughout my family. So what?
The only ones in my family I don’t like are the clueless Dem voters who just want to live on gubmint handouts – and that covers some of the pure white family members.

dentarthurdent on January 30, 2014 at 4:11 PM

I failed to read all comments but to those who would claim I’m racist.

Feel free to look me up.

Donte Bell. Midvale, Utah. Facebook.

I don’t hate anyone, not racist towards anyone, don’t discriminate based on religion.

I say live and let live.

I personally don’t feel like I’m owed anything I just find it funny people on this board claim Blacks are playing the race card so often when the last thread I was involved in here was full of commentors calling out the name EBONEE of the features blogger as something alien and someone they shouldn’t agree with based on name alone.

Politricks on January 30, 2014 at 4:12 PM

You sound upset.
Mad about MSNBC? Me?

Mad at Fox News?
I mean they did essentially give you MSNBC…and President Barack Obama.

The irony, huh?

verbaluce on January 30, 2014 at 4:08 PM

Add obtuse to your characteristics. Maybe being obtuse helps with your lack of a moral compass. It sure explains your ignorance.

I could care even less about MSNBC than I do about you. I just like pointing out what a sad, hypocritical, ignorant, little toadie you are.

On the wrong side of every issue. Guess that what makes you…you.

HumpBot Salvation on January 30, 2014 at 4:12 PM

I know you all like to pretend racism doesn’t exist…

Politricks on January 30, 2014 at 2:17 PM

I don’t think that’s fair.
I think some here are very against racism…which they define as people being owned as personal property and forced into slavery.
Like what they saw on Roots.
Beyond that…they just don’t get what the fuss could possibly be about.

verbaluce on January 30, 2014 at 4:12 PM

I could care even less about MSNBC than I do about you.

HumpBot Salvation on January 30, 2014 at 4:12 PM

Ha.
Ok, sure.
Come on…who needs a hug?
Aww, ya big lug.

verbaluce on January 30, 2014 at 4:14 PM

Ha.
Ok, sure.
Come on…who needs a hug?
Aww, ya big lug.

verbaluce on January 30, 2014 at 4:14 PM

Well, you’re getting beaten to pieces in another thread.

I think you do.

itsspideyman on January 30, 2014 at 4:25 PM

I don’t think that’s fair.
Like what they saw on Roots.
Beyond that…they just don’t get what the fuss could possibly be about.

verbaluce on January 30, 2014 at 4:12 PM

I define it more like some white guy opining that Dog Eater was the first really clean and articulate black guy to run for preznit. I didn’t see that on “Roots” though, it came much later.

Bishop on January 30, 2014 at 4:27 PM

This is where the GOP will fight. Over slights. Over policy? Not so much.

besser tot als rot on January 30, 2014 at 4:31 PM

Bishop on January 30, 2014 at 4:27 PM

Dont forget that he only has a negroe-dialect if he wants to!

Valkyriepundit on January 30, 2014 at 4:31 PM

Bishop on January 30, 2014 at 4:27 PM

An old standby line for you…from 2007.
Well the way you define it…not revealing at all. /

verbaluce on January 30, 2014 at 4:31 PM

Well, you’re getting beaten to pieces in another thread.

I think you do.

itsspideyman on January 30, 2014 at 4:25 PM

Now, now..
you don’t need to make up excuses…a hug for you too.

verbaluce on January 30, 2014 at 4:33 PM

Protip: Don’t hire a bunch of progtard recalcitrant reprobate racist imbeciles to be “reporters” for your DNC talking point regurgitation station.

Murphy9 on January 30, 2014 at 4:33 PM

Until he changes the culture over there, I don’t expect much.

rbj on January 30, 2014 at 4:34 PM

”I personally apologize to Mr. Priebus and to everyone offended,” he continued. “At msnbc we believe in passionate, strong debate about the issues and we invite voices from all sides to participate. That will never change.”

Meh. Reince should have asked for a little cash thrown in to sweeten the deal…

Fallon on January 30, 2014 at 4:34 PM

I don’t think that’s fair.
Like what they saw on Roots.
Beyond that…they just don’t get what the fuss could possibly be about.

verbaluce on January 30, 2014 at 4:12 PM

Bishop on January 30, 2014 at 4:27 PM

How about the ‘first black president’ opining that a few years back, Obama would be fetching him coffee?

HornetSting on January 30, 2014 at 4:36 PM

Politricks on January 30, 2014 at 4:12 PM

You stated that most of us do not think racism exists.

I asked you to name a few that think that way, since you say “most”, you must have a long list.

Please, at least when you post, follow through with some facts.

Otherwise, you are just a foolish man, that pulls statement out of his @ss without any facts.

Prove me wrong, list, not even “most” just some of the posters here who do not think racism exists.

Thanks, I know you will back up your statement with facts…or will you?

right2bright on January 30, 2014 at 4:38 PM

Feel free to look me up.

Donte Bell. Midvale, Utah. Facebook.

Politricks on January 30, 2014 at 4:12 PM

You don’t live in Utah.

According to MSNBC, there are no blacks in Utah apart from the ones in the concentration camps the Romneys own and built.

sentinelrules on January 30, 2014 at 4:38 PM

An old standby line for you…from 2007.
Well the way you define it…not revealing at all. /

verbaluce on January 30, 2014 at 4:31 PM

Still a goodie though considering the guy who said it was later elected with the dude he said it about, and you helped make it happen.

I mean think about it, pulling the lever for someone who would say something that crude, just turning away from such racism….hooo boy, what kind of sick turd would do that.

Bishop on January 30, 2014 at 4:39 PM

MSNBC craps the bed yet again, has to apologize, and one of their gets fired.

More, please.

Christien on January 30, 2014 at 4:42 PM

Donte Bell. Midvale, Utah. Facebook.

Politricks on January 30, 2014 at 4:12 PM

This could be true, or it could be a way to direct unwanted attention to someone who doesn’t even know what hotair.com is.

Either way it doesn’t belong here.

rogerb on January 30, 2014 at 4:43 PM

…..but you all need to own it.

Politricks on January 30, 2014 at 2:17 PM

Own what? My family came over from Germany a hundred years ago and have live in Ohio for the duration. Moreover, I don’t give a toss what color you are. So what exactly do I need to own, as I’ve in no way wronged you?

Beyond that…they just don’t get what the fuss could possibly be about.

verbaluce on January 30, 2014 at 4:12 PM

Condescension is unbecoming, and does little to exonerate you of the accusations against your character.

The Schaef on January 30, 2014 at 4:44 PM

And I apologize for quoting the personal info if it makes comment deletions more difficult. I meant to edit it down to just the last line.

rogerb on January 30, 2014 at 4:44 PM

MSNBC, apology machine. More coming, I’m sure.

22044 on January 30, 2014 at 4:45 PM

We have dismissed the person responsible for the tweet,”…

“…from the social media department. They are now anchoring at 6pm”.

budfox on January 30, 2014 at 4:46 PM

I just don’t buy all of these apologies. MSNBC’s ratings are in the tank. An incident like this draws more attention to the network than their prime time lineup ever gets.

TarheelBen on January 30, 2014 at 4:47 PM

Dear MSNBC,

If you really didn’t mean to have these things put out you wouldn’t put them out in the first place.

Yet you keep on putting them out and having to apologize for them.

Perhaps it is time to learn that a closed mouth gathers no feet.

ajacksonian on January 30, 2014 at 4:47 PM

HornetSting on January 30, 2014 at 4:36 PM

Yup….you know damn well, the Obamas and the Clintons
don’t care for each other….not one damn bit…

ToddPA on January 30, 2014 at 4:49 PM

We have dismissed the person responsible for the tweet,”…

So Bashir will now have someone to watch his stuff while he services a john.

Bishop on January 30, 2014 at 4:50 PM

Well I’ll be darned

Will to to tingles bring this up or joe and mika?

cmsinaz on January 30, 2014 at 4:50 PM

rogerb on January 30, 2014 at 4:44 PM

No apology needed. You are a darn fine curator of troll hilarity.

HornetSting on January 30, 2014 at 4:51 PM

So verbalidiocy is on the wrong side of an issue once again. It’s a good thing history won’t remember him.

NotCoach on January 30, 2014 at 4:52 PM

NotCoach on January 30, 2014 at 4:52 PM

Batting a perfect 1.000

22044 on January 30, 2014 at 4:53 PM

But all those other times MSNBC jumped the shark, it was okay? Why draw the line in the sand on this one?

Fallon on January 30, 2014 at 3:45 PM

All that jumping gets tiring.

Flange on January 30, 2014 at 4:55 PM

Beyond that…they just don’t get what the fuss could possibly be about.

verbaluce on January 30, 2014 at 4:12 PM

Maybe, Just Maybe, it COULD be about the basic Human decency
that seems to be in short supply at a cable news network,
but I don’t want to Assume anything, mind you….

now you can “release” that French Press, and resume
your assault on Fox News…..ya big Lug…

ToddPA on January 30, 2014 at 4:57 PM

Mad at Fox News?

I mean they did essentially give you MSNBC…and my Cult Leader, President Barack Obama.

The irony, huh?

verbaloon on January 30, 2014 at 4:08 PM

Fixed.

Just did a Google search using the keywords “fox news made people vote for obama”.

0 results.

Del Dolemonte on January 30, 2014 at 4:59 PM

I know you all like to pretend racism doesn’t exist…..

Politricks on January 30, 2014 at 2:17 PM

I believe that racism is deeply ingrained in the black (so called African American, as if we all humans did not come from Africa, and as if Africa does not contain populations other than blacks – e.g. Arabic) US population, and the reason for this is economic self interest. By perpetuating racism (against Caucasian population) blacks get continuous, never ending, significant economic benefits. Until this changes, I believe they will continue to ride their racism forever.

3558 on January 30, 2014 at 5:00 PM

Politricks on January 30, 2014 at 4:12 PM

I don’t think it’s wise…doing that.
Most here, even when super hostile, are just blustering – and are most likely decent and fine folks.
But no doubt some might welcome the opp to cause you trouble and hassles.
(Maybe Ed can delete that?)

verbaluce on January 30, 2014 at 5:03 PM

Will anyone discuss the culture of msdnc?
How many times did we hear that from msdnc on Christie

cmsinaz on January 30, 2014 at 5:03 PM

verbaluce on January 30, 2014 at 4:12 PM

At it’s core it’s just a nasty little sh!t-stirrer. Pathetic.

novaculus on January 30, 2014 at 5:04 PM

Redundant and obvious, but to think if this was happening at Fox…the horror

Erich66 on January 30, 2014 at 5:05 PM

now you can “release” that French Press, and resume
your assault on Fox News…..ya big Lug…

ToddPA on January 30, 2014 at 4:57 PM

Man, if my critiques are an assault…that makes my french press a La Marzocco GS/3…

verbaluce on January 30, 2014 at 5:07 PM

The staffer should sue. What did he/she do that MSDNC’s entire TV line up doesn’t do on a daily basis?

jawkneemusic on January 30, 2014 at 5:08 PM

For all we know Chris ” have another drink” Mathews is the one who sent the tweet.

jawkneemusic on January 30, 2014 at 5:11 PM

verbaluce on January 30, 2014 at 5:07 PM

You got a La Marzocco!!?? Damn You!!

O.K., that’s enough fun…

ToddPA on January 30, 2014 at 5:12 PM

I don’t think it’s wise…doing that.
But no doubt some might welcome the opp to cause you trouble and hassles.
(Maybe Ed can delete that?)

verbaluce on January 30, 2014 at 5:03 PM

Damn racists made him post his name and address.

sentinelrules on January 30, 2014 at 5:12 PM

Then there’s Maddow with her unfounded Koch brothers accusations. She seems to have an obsession with the big bad brothers.

scalleywag on January 30, 2014 at 5:14 PM

jawkneemusic on January 30, 2014 at 5:08 PM

Ya – this kind of crap is pretty standard fare for MSDNC.

But for verbie and the other apologists for that network, I have to ask, if you had a neighbor who made a habit of throwing unsubstantiated personal attacks your way (like you OFA trolls do all the time), but then always apologizing if someone reacted to it, at what point would you stop believing the apologies?

dentarthurdent on January 30, 2014 at 5:17 PM

TarheelBen on January 30, 2014 at 4:47 PM

Exactly.

scalleywag on January 30, 2014 at 5:17 PM

dentarthurdent on January 30, 2014 at 5:17 PM

“Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. Three times is enemy action.”

Given MSNBC, their history, and that of their ‘talent’, what’s believable is their hate and projection…what’s not believable are their apologies. They are well beyond three times….

Athos on January 30, 2014 at 5:25 PM

…..but you all need to own it.

Politricks on January 30, 2014 at 2:17 PM

Easily proven that black women LEAST likely subgroup to interracially marry, despite the fact that at any given time highest % of incarcerates (per capita) are black. (and mostly for black on black crime).

Who are the racists?

Own it.

WryTrvllr on January 30, 2014 at 5:26 PM

I can’t believe anyone is surprised that the Demiscum, who brought us the klan, still act like the little Klansmen they are. Whoda thunk it? Dimoturds you can project your scummy brand of racism on others as much as you like it still doesn’t change the fact that just about all of you are about the equivalent of feces.

bbinfl on January 30, 2014 at 5:27 PM

“… they simply continue tossing the same crude chum into the water, and then saying “Ooh sorry we didn’t mean that” each time.”

This whole MSNBC fiasco reminds me of the scene in the movie “The Fifth Element (1997) ” when character Ruby Rhod (Chris Tucker) is holding a gun to the head of one of the evil Mangalores and he accidentally pulls the trigger. Ruby Rhod then says “Sorry” while trying to tuck the Mangalores’ brains back in his head.

J_Crater on January 30, 2014 at 5:28 PM

Maybe they can stomp their feet and get objective moderators for the debates after 50 years of abuse by the media. Brian Lamb has never been asked.

Valiant on January 30, 2014 at 5:32 PM

I know you all like to pretend racism doesn’t exist and all us Blacks are hyper sensitive and see slights where none exist but you all need to own it.

Politricks on January 30, 2014 at 2:17 PM

Fine. Racism exists. Happy now?

When has it not? Where has it not?

But you leftists make some sort of fetish out of it…and love to perpetuate it. And all your whining and sniveling about it; and labeling everything “racist”, just makes normal people go, “Pffft. Who cares?”

Solaratov on January 30, 2014 at 5:35 PM

Should have done the same for CNN when Candy Crowley presstituted herself for Barky in the debate.

That was a far worse fraud than mere MSLSD whacko trash talk.

viking01 on January 30, 2014 at 5:35 PM

see, rnc? this is what happens when you fight boldly and call liberals out on their bs. it’s a beautiful thing =) so do it more often!

Sachiko on January 30, 2014 at 5:40 PM

MSNBC should go back to airing Biographies of Celebrities. Or perhaps they can just shut down – they’ve lost any shred of credibility or objectivity so long ago, it is actually hard to believe how much NBC must have to pay just to keep these creeps on the air. For the sum total of 500k viewers.

Really.

Key West Reader on January 30, 2014 at 5:41 PM

…..but you all need to own it.

Politricks on January 30, 2014 at 2:17 PM

Beyond that…they just don’t get what the fuss could possibly be about.

verbaluce on January 30, 2014 at 4:12 PM

That’s because most of us here have supported the Republican ideals for years… The Republican Party formed to abolish slavery, continued on to fight and pass Civil Rights, and its conservative base continues to advocate for freedom.

The Democrat Party stood for slavery, passed the Jim Crow laws, encouraged (via party leaders funding) the KKK and fought the Civil Rights.

I will happily own the party that abolished slavery, passed Civil Rights and advances freedom if you will own the party that enslaved blacks, funded the KKK, fought against Civil Rights and continues to stir up racial divisions.

You’re right, I don’t see what all the fuss is. I don’t see skin color like Democrats and liberals. I see people based on the content of their character and NOT the color of their skin.

dominigan on January 30, 2014 at 5:42 PM

That was a far worse fraud than mere MSLSD whacko trash talk.

viking01 on January 30, 2014 at 5:35 PM

You insufferable misogynist heifer phobe.

/For shame.

Key West Reader on January 30, 2014 at 5:42 PM

3558 on January 30, 2014 at 5:00 PM

you do realize you made a generalization about an entire racial group, right? (and it happens to be mine… so i’m especially upset) you’re no better than the liberals who say that white people are racist. they say that white people are racist because racism benefits them economically and in various other ways. you just did the exact same thing that liberals do, just switching the races.

Sachiko on January 30, 2014 at 5:45 PM

Politricks on January 30, 2014 at 2:17 PM

Ya got me. I’d go fuchn nuts with a libtard at my Christmas Eve dinner.

WryTrvllr on January 30, 2014 at 5:56 PM

You insufferable misogynist heifer phobe.

/For shame.

Key West Reader on January 30, 2014 at 5:42 PM

Hey! I support Chick-fil-A so I’ve done Candy a favor every time I skip a burger.

viking01 on January 30, 2014 at 5:59 PM

what msnbc said about the cheerios commercial is completely false. conservatives didn’t have a problem with that commercial. in fact, barely anyone made a fuss over that commercial. there were more people complaining about the complainers than there were actual complainers.

and yes, liberals race-bait all the time and it’s ridiculous how obsessed with race they are.

but… i keep seeing conservatives who are racist without realizing it. they make similar comments that liberals make, but they switch the races around. liberals keep making generalizations about white people, conservatives keep making generalizations about blacks and hispanics. if you’re going to call out liberals on their racism one minute, then talk negatively about another race the next minute, you’re not any better than those liberals who are racist.

racism will be reduced if people on both sides would simply stop talking about race unless it’s absolutely necessary. sure liberals talk about it more than conservatives but sometimes conservatives add to the problem. race really isn’t a big deal- it’s pretty much just a skin color and hair texture. not important.

i think that in general, people simply should not say anything negative about a race they are not a part of. even if there is statistical proof, it’s still not a good idea to say it. let people within the race criticize their own race- if you’re not a part of that race and you bring up something negative about that race, it makes you look bad whether you’re liberal or conservative.

Sachiko on January 30, 2014 at 5:59 PM

So they found some low-level worker at MSNBS , who probably didn’t even have anything to do with the tweet, and fired him/her.
They would have to fire ALL the intolerant bigots at MSNBS, since they all believe in what was tweeted.

And yes, I am sure everyone else got a strong warning about it./s

Sterling Holobyte on January 30, 2014 at 6:00 PM

verbie and Politricks are not very smart.

Schadenfreude on January 30, 2014 at 6:01 PM

Sachiko on January 30, 2014 at 5:45 PM

Bingo. Racism is an inherent and harmful evil because it is based on an illogical generalization.

And that is precisely what MSNBC has been doing in making its generalizations about Republicans and conservatives for a long, long time now.

Trochilus on January 30, 2014 at 6:01 PM

Politricks on January 30, 2014 at 2:17 PM

Ya got me. I’d go fuchn nuts with a libtard at my Christmas Eve dinner.

WryTrvllr on January 30, 2014 at 5:56 PM

I know what you’re saying. I hate it when my son wants to watch NASCAR and there’s a Formula 1 race being broadcast. Big Issue for me.

kcewa on January 30, 2014 at 6:01 PM

I’m not a fan of this whole “someone said something that offends me so I demand someone lose their job and an institutional apology and I’m going to boycott”.

If MSNBC wants to hire idiots then let them do so. If they want idiocy and race baiting to be their brand then let them.

Chris Matthews, Rachel Maddow and all the rest of the loons say the same things day in day out. Let them. Mock them and deride them for it.

gwelf on January 30, 2014 at 6:02 PM

Politricks on January 30, 2014 at 2:17 PM

And their likely to be the liberal commentors.

It’s white families that get stymied by liberal social workers when trying to adopt black children. There’s a lot of white couples who want to adopt and there’s a lot of black kids that need adopting and it’s the liberals who get in the way.

gwelf on January 30, 2014 at 6:03 PM

When Griffin fires the drunk who can’t keep from calling “racist”, then I’ll believe him. Liar.

HiJack on January 30, 2014 at 6:05 PM

Politricks on January 30, 2014 at 4:12 PM

Reported to the tips line. Who knows who this guy just pointed to. Could be a neighbor he doesn’t like. Or an old boyfriend? Who knows. Not the place for it.

cptacek on January 30, 2014 at 6:06 PM

“What you’re hearing is an exaggeration”

Of course it is. Phil’s not mad at all. He hired these goons. He should be replaced, then his replacee, should replace everyone he hired.

rubberneck on January 30, 2014 at 6:06 PM

Sachiko on January 30, 2014 at 5:45 PM

Yeah, right. Why is it that we don’t have this issue with Asians and American Indians and Hispanics? Why is that. It’s only blacks that we have racist issues with. I’ll tell you why. Because blacks are raised that way AND YOU KNOW IT!

HiJack on January 30, 2014 at 6:08 PM

Good for the RNC. Griffin isn’t fooling anyone. He fired the the staffer for being overt, but nothing will change with the atmosphere of hate at that network until they permanently shut off the lights as they will soon do at the Commie news network.

dominigan on January 30, 2014 at 5:42 PM

+1 and very well said.

dogsoldier on January 30, 2014 at 6:12 PM

MSNBC should stay boycotted, despite the apology. Nothing is going to change over there. Look at who they have on their shows. Is there the slightest possibility any of those people will actually sit back and let both sides of a discussion come out? If there any chance the race-baiting will stop, from some of those hosts. Take Sharpton, race-baiting is all he has, he has no insight to offer, other than race.

Going on that network will not get you to the people that appreciate you, nor will you be able to change minds because the people who watch this programming are only looking for Republican blood.

bflat879 on January 30, 2014 at 6:13 PM

I don’t see what difference it makes. There’s only six people who watch this channel anyway.

tmgrant on January 30, 2014 at 6:14 PM

This is why only six people watch this channel: http://hotair.com/greenroom/archives/2014/01/30/msnbc-nbc-news-fall-to-bottom-of-ppp-trust-poll/

tmgrant on January 30, 2014 at 6:16 PM

rubberneck on January 30, 2014 at 6:06 PM

But, but . . . don’t you remember? Phil Griffin is NOT political!

I’m sure it has been a statistical coincidence that so many nasty race-baiters have been hired by MSNBC, and have been regularly beating the drums by consistently making vile accusations of racism against Republicans and conservatives for all these years now . . . certainly since Phil has been in charge!

Trochilus on January 30, 2014 at 6:17 PM

You can always put more lipstick on a pig, but you can’t cure Stupid….
and PMSNBC has been Stuck on Stupid for years.

Another Drew on January 30, 2014 at 6:19 PM

I’m sure Reince is also calling for a boycott of Fox News until they also stop with all the mean and unfair stuff, right?
Victims unite!

Ha.

verbaluce on January 30, 2014 at 2:29 PM

Poor baby.

Truth hurts.

Tough shit.

Solaratov on January 30, 2014 at 6:22 PM

Erik nails it.

This is who they are.

Chris of Rights on January 30, 2014 at 2:44 PM

It is. The lib media have been frothing at the mouth ever since the appearance of two things: Rush Limbaugh and Fox News. Their monopoly is over, and now they don’t care if their masks are on or not.

ddrintn on January 30, 2014 at 6:24 PM

verbaluce on January 30, 2014 at 2:29 PM

Like what? Saying that Santa Claus is *gasp* white?

ddrintn on January 30, 2014 at 6:27 PM

verbie, you need to catch up on the other MSNBC thread.

Schadenfreude on January 30, 2014 at 6:29 PM

MSNBC drank the koolaid a long time ago. Over the years, they have turned into a progressive propaganda machine made up of marxists, race-baiters and radical wackos.

Conservchik on January 30, 2014 at 6:30 PM

cptacek on January 30, 2014 at 6:06 PM

+1. Given the troll’s nic is “tricks,” that’s a safe bet.

Christien on January 30, 2014 at 6:30 PM

Comcast is getting exactly what it wants…

d1carter on January 30, 2014 at 6:31 PM

Yes, I do realize that we are all individually different and that we all make our unique decisions.

At the same time, I do not want to pretend that I am not aware of what I am aware of.

I am aware of that so called liberals (of cause there are always exceptions) routinely use charges of racism to maintain their power over others. I am not willing to put up with it, and I believe that my best defense is not to say that we are all individuals and make our own individual decisions (which I believe in, yet I do not think is my best defense). I believe my best defense is to point out that people who talk about racism are the ones who benefit from it nowadays, and therefore they are the racists, and therefore they will keep talking about racism until it benefits them economically and politically (I also believe this).

In other words, I believe in fighting fire with fire.

3558 on January 30, 2014 at 6:32 PM

Blacks and Latinos don’t look too favorably on dating outside their race.

sydneyjane on January 30, 2014 at 1:51 PM

I’ve never really observed that. Latinos I’ve known are pretty open to the idea. Most blacks I’ve known are as well, although it does seem that some black women are resentful when a black man dates or marries white women (or even light-skinned black women, for that matter). It can get complex.

ddrintn on January 30, 2014 at 6:32 PM

Sachiko on January 30, 2014 at 5:59 PM

What about a person who is half black and half white, like O’bama or Melissa Harris-Perry?

Both of them refer to themselves as solely black (O’bama has repeatedly called himself a “black President”), and both of them regularly criticize whites, but rarely do they criticize blacks. Shouldn’t they criticize both of their races equally?

Discuss.

Del Dolemonte on January 30, 2014 at 6:36 PM

You know, after careful thought and consideration? I think Pajama Boy is behind this mayhem.

Key West Reader on January 30, 2014 at 6:39 PM

Discuss.

Del Dolemonte on January 30, 2014 at 6:36 PM

It’s tough to be the first half-black president, when Bill Clinton is the first black president.

Plus, obama is not an African president either…

America should always be ashamed for electing such an nincompoop, no matter his hue.

Schadenfreude on January 30, 2014 at 6:41 PM

Beyond that…they just don’t get what the fuss could possibly be about.
verbaluce on January 30, 2014 at 4:12 PM

FOAD, you racist piece of crap.

Solaratov on January 30, 2014 at 6:41 PM