Palin defends McCain after he’s censured by the Arizona GOP

posted at 11:21 am on January 28, 2014 by Allahpundit

A lone but prominent dissenting voice from tea-party orthodoxy on Maverick. And an admirable show of loyalty from someone who wasn’t repaid in kind by Team McCain after the 2008 election.

Hopefully Steve Schmidt will be on MSNBC today to react to the last paragraph from this excerpt.

I consider Senator John McCain an American hero and a friend. He fights to remind our President that the federal government’s first priority must be strong defense of our homeland, and, like Congressman Johnson, he fights against big-spending colleagues who don’t prioritize for our military’s needs. Upon the Senator’s shoulders he’s carried part of our message of opposition to today’s “fundamental transformation” of America directly to the problem: President Obama and Harry Reid’s far left agenda.

I appreciate Senator McCain’s steadfastness in demanding truth in the White House’s Benghazi cover-up. Because of his persistence we WILL get that truth, and then more eyes will be open to see how dangerous an Obama-led retreating America is in this volatile world.

It goes without saying we don’t all agree on all political issues. For instance, I shall keep pushing to open ANWR, I oppose letting illegal aliens cut in line and receive American benefits via “immigration reform,” and I oppose any Congressional action that allows President Obama to incur more U.S. debt. During this time of dangerous lawlessness in the executive branch, those who agree on stopping the intended transformation of our country had better unite to fight. So at this time, it’s perplexing to see Senator McCain’s good efforts to uncover the Obama agenda being ignored and perhaps even hindered now by those wanting to censure the Arizona Senator. Despite our differences on some other issues, there is no questioning Senator McCain’s dedication to national security in spite of the White House’s agenda.

We live in a time of diminishing virtues because of societal influence towards total self-centeredness. This is unfortunate and makes raising families, conducting business, and governing that much more challenging. I know how important the virtue of loyalty is because in politics it’s pretty much nonexistent. I stand on that most important virtue and answer those asking today: “Yes, I am proud to have been asked to run with him in 2008, and he is my friend.”

Not the first time she’s gone to bat for McCain when he’s been under fire from the grassroots. She endorsed him for Senate in Arizona in 2010 at a moment when J.D. Hayworth was trying to surf the tea-party wave in the Arizona Senate primary. She gains nothing politically from doing this that I can think of; in fact, follow the comments to her Facebook post and you’ll find endless “why, Sarah, why?!” conservative angst in reply. The irony is, if there’s any big-name Republican who might show disloyalty to the party in a game-changing way in 2016, it’s McCain himself. It’ll be grim fun rubbing his face in this magnanimous statement of unity from his former running mate if/when he does.

Interesting that she’d single out national defense as a key McCain virtue given that he’s been cross-wise with her base on that for awhile now, especially in his almost manic desire to intervene in Syria. Likewise, on Snowden and the NSA, McCain was so incensed by the leaks that he called for a complete rethinking of America’s relationship with Russia after they granted Snowden asylum. Palin, meanwhile, has reserved her NSA-related criticism for Obama and the agency itself, likely realizing that tea partiers are the most anti-NSA demographic group in the United States right now. McCain’s sounded more circumspect recently as the political winds have changed but these are wide chasms between Maverick and the right on national security and yet she’s still willing to go to bat for him on it. Maybe she has no choice, though; maybe that’s what anyone would say about McCain in searching for a way to compliment him. He certainly is … passionate about natsec, whatever the actual merits of his views.

Here’s the guy who spearheaded the movement to censure him. Exit quotation from Maverick: “If anything, it fires me up.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 6

Tater Salad on January 28, 2014 at 11:58 AM

Those would be the Tea Party and considering that actions speak louder than words, not the the goals of Establishment Republicans. We have only to look back at the eight years of W.

Cindy Munford on January 28, 2014 at 12:00 PM

Schadenfreude

Bmore on January 28, 2014 at 12:00 PM

Wow, probably 90% of the posts on this thread are addressing
one thing. Her political prospects.

…has it ever occurred to any of you that one of the reasons people admire this woman is that she does not do and say things for POLITICAL PURPOSES??

She’s running, she’s Definitely NOT running…she should
run for Senate in AZ. (that’s my favorite..gee, if she
had NO interest in the AK Senate seat, why the hell would
she run in AZ?)

(I luv ya Idesign)

IMO, if this woman ever runs for a political office,
it will only be one-THE PRESIDENCY. She already been
a Governor, there is only one logical step from there.

2016 is a looooooooong way off people, get a grip.

ToddPA on January 28, 2014 at 12:00 PM

Over

Bmore on January 28, 2014 at 12:00 PM

Bmore

Schadenfreude on January 28, 2014 at 12:00 PM

Fast thread! Lolz!

Bmore on January 28, 2014 at 12:00 PM

Wendy Davis hits back at Bristol Palin

idesign on January 28, 2014 at 11:45 AM

Okay, this is where I draw the line. I don’t care what Bristol Palin thinks about Wendy Davis. Same holds true for the “I am the future of the GOP” ramblings of Meghan McCain or the balthering of Chelsea Clinton. This holds true of any child of a political figure who has not held some sort of office or has some sort of credentials that make their views more than just commentary.

Happy Nomad on January 28, 2014 at 12:01 PM

the only time you’ll see the lsm praising palin

cmsinaz on January 28, 2014 at 12:01 PM

Schadenfreude on January 28, 2014 at 11:59 AM

This is not a war between you and I. And I would never ever suggest that Bmore isn’t his own man with is own thoughts who needed to be separated from anyone. I am sure that is said in jest but it doesn’t translate well in text.

Cindy Munford on January 28, 2014 at 12:01 PM

davidk on January 28, 2014 at 11:50 AM

I may not have put it in those exact words, but the sentiment is the same.

Tater Salad on January 28, 2014 at 12:01 PM

She’s not running, so the point is moot.

gryphon202 on January 28, 2014 at 11:50 AM

not if she could win it and I bet she could

gracie on January 28, 2014 at 12:01 PM

You get it. I don’t think that McCain even appreciates her statement.

Schadenfreude on January 28, 2014 at 11:57 AM

He likes to hear his name in media , so he likes it.

the_nile on January 28, 2014 at 12:02 PM

Roger Ailes likes and respects SP more than McVain.

He hired her back “to offend all the people who want her dead”. SP replied “I took the job, second round on Fox, for the same reason”. I like this a lot.

McCain isn’t worth her goodness.

Schadenfreude on January 28, 2014 at 12:02 PM

davidk on January 28, 2014 at 11:52 AM

Why, only getting a briefing from Emperor Palpatine, er, the filthy rich man who owns the WH and a large part of CONgress.

hawkeye54 on January 28, 2014 at 12:02 PM

How strange…someone defending a friend.

right2bright on January 28, 2014 at 12:03 PM

You know, the big slap in the face will come when he backs Hillary and not Sarah in 2016.

beatcanvas on January 28, 2014 at 11:54 AM

I could totally see that happening too.

Bitter Clinger on January 28, 2014 at 12:03 PM

the_nile on January 28, 2014 at 12:02 PM

LOL!

Cindy Munford on January 28, 2014 at 12:03 PM

Happy Nomad on January 28, 2014 at 12:01 PM

Does this same sentiment hold true for former First Ladies?

Tater Salad on January 28, 2014 at 12:04 PM

Two pages in less than an hour…she still has the power!!

right2bright on January 28, 2014 at 12:04 PM

get a grip.

ToddPA on January 28, 2014 at 12:00 PM

Mirror :)

Schadenfreude on January 28, 2014 at 12:04 PM

I disagree with Sarah here, but oh, how we could all use friends as loyal as Sarah.

Aitch748 on January 28, 2014 at 12:05 PM

Two pages in less than an hour…she still has the power!!

right2bright on January 28, 2014 at 12:04 PM

She’s running.

Schadenfreude on January 28, 2014 at 12:05 PM

Number count down on HA? Insert a Sarah Palin thread.
‘Cuda!

kingsjester on January 28, 2014 at 12:06 PM

Happy Nomad on January 28, 2014 at 12:01 PM

Amen.

Cindy Munford on January 28, 2014 at 12:06 PM

Sarah Palin is the ONLY republican with principle. I may not agree with all things she does (McCain) but I respect and admire her. Her loyalty even to that azz from Arizona shows her class.

On the issues Palin is always right. In these days of GOP rino’s she’s the one person who never disappoints!

Danielvito on January 28, 2014 at 12:06 PM

she’s running? could she win Begich’s senate seat?

gracie on January 28, 2014 at 11:48 AM

Nope. Out of all the prospective Republican candidates, I think only Joe Miller does worse than her against Begich.

GOPRanknFile on January 28, 2014 at 12:06 PM

(I luv ya Idesign)

IMO, if this woman ever runs for a political office,
it will only be one-THE PRESIDENCY. She already been
a Governor, there is only one logical step from there.

2016 is a looooooooong way off people, get a grip.

ToddPA on January 28, 2014 at 12:00 PM

Just tweaking the herd..:)

But I agree, Sarah’s focus will be on 2014!

idesign on January 28, 2014 at 12:07 PM

This is called placing hot coals upon someone’s head.

She is playing the game well.

kingsjester on January 28, 2014 at 11:44 AM

Okay, had to look that up.

Fallon on January 28, 2014 at 12:07 PM

A couple of months ago when I suggested Palin would probably endorsed McCain again: “Never! She might have done it the first time, but not again because her conservative principles are too important to her.”

Most Palinstas today: “The fact that she endorsed McCain tells me more about Palin’s character more than anything else.”

Basically, anyone who endorses a moderate/establishment figure is a RINO…except Palin.

GOPRanknFile on January 28, 2014 at 12:07 PM

IMO, if this woman ever runs for a political office,
it will only be one-THE PRESIDENCY. She already been
a Governor, there is only one logical step from there.

ToddPA on January 28, 2014 at 12:00 PM

She’s a quitter!/

And no, the only logical step from governor is not running for the Presidency. There would be nothing wrong with going from governor to the Senate. That’s usually where VA’s Senators come from.

The only question is if running for elective office again is something that she wants. I don’t get the sense that it is.

Happy Nomad on January 28, 2014 at 12:07 PM

I’m disappointed in Sarah here. I think her support for him in 2010 was payment enough for his bringing her to the national stage. And what does his love affair with the Syrian “rebels” have to do with our national defense of the homeland? And didn’t McCain vote “aye” on the recent budget that cuts military benefits?

Bitter Clinger on January 28, 2014 at 11:28 AM

…my sentiments!…She should not have said a thing!

KOOLAID2 on January 28, 2014 at 12:08 PM

GOPRanknFile on January 28, 2014 at 12:06 PM

She was a good governor, that’s really a shame.

Cindy Munford on January 28, 2014 at 12:08 PM

Cindy Munford on January 28, 2014 at 12:01 PM

More coffee. Sensitivity is not my thing.

Schadenfreude on January 28, 2014 at 12:09 PM

beatcanvas on January 28, 2014 at 11:54 AM

Doesn’t even have to go that far…he can stay neutral, or give a half-hearted endorsement of Palin, and the result is still the same. He has his best interests at heart, no one elses.

changer1701 on January 28, 2014 at 12:10 PM

Number count down on HA? Insert a Sarah Palin thread.
‘Cuda!

kingsjester on January 28, 2014 at 12:06 PM

Generally because there are two camps on Palin; sycophants and those who believe she isn’t so bright. Neither want to give the other the last word.

Tater Salad on January 28, 2014 at 12:10 PM

Schadenfreude on January 28, 2014 at 12:09 PM

Not to worry my friend, being offended isn’t my thing.

Cindy Munford on January 28, 2014 at 12:11 PM

GOPRanknFile on January 28, 2014 at 12:07 PM

I don’t like to toss the term “RINO” around casually, especially because it implies that Republican = conservative, which is most certainly not true. That said, I think Sarah Palin is sincere in her appreciation for McCain having plucked her out of obscurity. She’s not running for federal office, so I don’t think she has much to lose in what amounts to a popularity contest.

gryphon202 on January 28, 2014 at 12:11 PM

She was a good governor, that’s really a shame.

Cindy Munford on January 28, 2014 at 12:08 PM

Yeah, the 2008 election hurt her reputation a lot. She’s talented, but she reminds me of a pitcher who was called up from the minor leagues a little too early. Had a lot of potential, but just wasn’t quite ready.

GOPRanknFile on January 28, 2014 at 12:12 PM

Bitter Clinger on January 28, 2014 at 11:28 AM

…my sentiments!…She should not have said a thing!

KOOLAID2 on January 28, 2014 at 12:08 PM

Don’t forget amnesty, the quasi-shutdown, the “obama is so cool”, “wackobirds”, and “Hillary is cooler than obama”, and so much more. He is Jane Fonda in drag…yes, yes, I know the diff…he was locked up in VietNam, when she plotted with the enemies.

He has surpassed all those credits, and continues to. He’s a national disgrace, his service being fully credited, in the Military and to the land. Now, it’s time to retire the coot.

Schadenfreude on January 28, 2014 at 12:12 PM

Tater Salad on January 28, 2014 at 12:10 PM

True. And, that’s why threads concering her, elevate HA’s thread count. Every time. Compare this thread to the one about Romney and Crowley.

kingsjester on January 28, 2014 at 12:13 PM

Not to worry my friend, being offended isn’t my thing.

Cindy Munford on January 28, 2014 at 12:11 PM

Indeed. We’ve got bigger fish to fry, waaaaay bigger. Don’t read Bmore independence into nothing….knowing full well that I grant 100% independence even to livelikeaslave and verbie.

Schadenfreude on January 28, 2014 at 12:13 PM

kingsjester on January 28, 2014 at 12:13 PM

And bluegill hasn’t even chimed in, yet :)

Schadenfreude on January 28, 2014 at 12:14 PM

Question the current GOP leaders;

House Boner and is rino lap dogs
Senate McConnel and his liberal lieutenant
Preius just looking and hearing him talk makes me vomit (ryans pal)
Christie the tubby rino head of the governors

Liberal prez candidates in heat- Rino Romney (not satisfied w/losing 08 & 12 now he’s looking at 16), jeb bush (his family has infected the GOP since 1924) etc. etc.

Is this something to believe in. Do these jerks have principle! NO!

The comes Palin a bright light, who doesn’t tow the establish line so pigs like rove, the Washington intelligencia etc. need to take her out.

Then the GOP wonder why their is fewer and fewer people that call themselves republicans!

Danielvito on January 28, 2014 at 12:15 PM

GOPRanknFile on January 28, 2014 at 12:07 PM

Exactly right.

She is the only politician on the right who can reach out to the center without alienating the right. The last conservative who could do that was Reagan.

Why do people on the right stay so loyal when she dines with the enemy? It is called trust. When we see her trying to build bridges we believe she is not in the process of selling out America.

fadetogray on January 28, 2014 at 12:15 PM

I admit I was a strong supporter of Palin in the 2008 election
cycle because of her record as governor of Alaska and the excitement she brought to McCain’s campaign.

I also appreciate reading her facebook postings and some of her
stints on Fox News. There are also many appearances on Fox News
where she appears to be ill prepared.

However, let us get real here. Since then, she has done little
to increase her politicial brand. She provides sound bites heard
around the world, or at least at Huffington Post, etc.

She didn’t have to go this far; she could have said “I always
will support John McCain” and let it go.

I suspect that her wordy answer will get her more press. And that
is what she and her family are all about. Getting their press; their 15 minutes of fame; from writing books, going on reality shows, Dancing with the Stars, paid tabloid type magazine stories;
whether it is the children, father, brother, etc. And now another
reality show. The family and Palin herself certainly knows how
to promote themselves.

It is very disappointing to me that my liberal friends may have
been right all along that Palin is a publicity hound more than a
politician with a conservative viewpoint (which she has, however,
uses to keep her relevant so she can sell more stuff via books and tv, etc.).

Don’t get me wrong; I do not say she doesn’t have the right as a private citizen to make a living. It just seems to be a living
made off of her “fans”; and to keep her fans she has to once in a while say or do something noticeable or outrageous. I see a pattern I don’t admire.

And as far as John McCain goes, I don’t give a rat’s a$$ what
Palin says. Her opinion means nothing to me. His actions do.

Amjean on January 28, 2014 at 12:15 PM

kingsjester on January 28, 2014 at 12:13 PM

Sarah Palin: The Most important irrelevant figure in America today.

idesign on January 28, 2014 at 12:15 PM

GOPRanknFile on January 28, 2014 at 12:12 PM

2008 she played for a team that didn’t want to win.

the_nile on January 28, 2014 at 12:16 PM

She’s running.

Schadenfreude on January 28, 2014 at 12:05 PM

As someone said “running to the bank”, I don’t think she is running, but she does interject herself to make and keep her relevent.

She has more power now, than if she were a Senator or whatever.

right2bright on January 28, 2014 at 12:17 PM

Now, it’s time to retire the coot.

Schadenfreude on January 28, 2014 at 12:12 PM

Over to you, Arizonans!!!

Bitter Clinger on January 28, 2014 at 12:18 PM

GOPRanknFile on January 28, 2014 at 12:07 PM

Rino, I know it’s tough for you to comprehend. BUT WE LIKE PALIN FOR HER STAND ON THE ISSUES!

Danielvito on January 28, 2014 at 12:18 PM

Does this same sentiment hold true for former First Ladies?

Tater Salad on January 28, 2014 at 12:04 PM

For the most part but with a couple of caveats. First, mostly former First Ladies are interviewed. They don’t spew whatever random thoughts they have across a blog.

The pig in a pantsuit is an exception both because she is a failed SecState and a failed Presidential hopeful. For those reasons, she has some latitude when it comes to credible opining.

Happy Nomad on January 28, 2014 at 12:19 PM

GOPRanknFile on January 28, 2014 at 12:12 PM

2008 she played for a team that didn’t want to win.

the_nile on January 28, 2014 at 12:16 PM

BINGO. She was ready in 2008. America wasn’t ready for her.

gryphon202 on January 28, 2014 at 12:19 PM

GOPRanknFile on January 28, 2014 at 12:07 PM

Exactly right.

fadetogray on January 28, 2014 at 12:15 PM

That is certainly true. Ted Cruz is the only other nationally known pol/influencial-type that I can say that about.

Bitter Clinger on January 28, 2014 at 12:20 PM

Hero McCain in an intimate moment with Soros

caption to photo:

US Senator for Arizona John McCain (L) talks with Soros Fund Management Chairman George Soros at the World Economic Forum in Davos on January 23, 2014. Some 40 world leaders gather in the Swiss ski resort Davos to discuss and debate a wide range of issues including the causes of conflicts plaguing the Middle East, and how to reinvigorate the global economy.

He was one of the 40?

I posted this in a Headliner thread

When McCain needed Palin to lure conservative votes, his machine promoted her. This cost big bucks. The machine that runs McCain took years of investment, mainly other people’s money. In return Palin gained access, which is closed to outsiders. Then the machine dumped her like a dead fish

Now McCain has been denounced by the little pols back home who got McCain re elected. If McCain was the man Palin writes about, her article would make sense.

But McCain worked overtime to deceive the public in his first amnesty scam, timing the votes on holiday weekends to fool the public. Dirty end runs that took years of planning.

If McCain worked that hard on military spending, the campaign would have a name like ‘SpendingGate’, and be legend. How does a duplicitous man search for truth? He went to Syria and couldn’t find it.

Palin finally did it. She over played her hand. Does she believe what she wrote? This doesn’t smell right

entagor on January 28, 2014 at 8:51 AM

entagor on January 28, 2014 at 12:21 PM

It is very disappointing to me that my liberal friends may have
been right all along that Palin is a publicity hound more than a
politician with a conservative viewpoint (which she has, however,
uses to keep her relevant so she can sell more stuff via books and tv, etc.).

Amjean on January 28, 2014 at 12:15 PM

Everyone in politics must play the self-promotion game. If they are on the right, and they do it well, the left smears them as materialist opportunists.

Don’t fall for that garbage.

fadetogray on January 28, 2014 at 12:22 PM

gryphon202 on January 28, 2014 at 12:11 PM

I agree with you wholeheartedly.

GOPRanknFile on January 28, 2014 at 12:22 PM

And that
whether it is the children, father, brother, etc. And now another
reality show.

Raising a Down’s syndrome child must involve a steady cash flow that a political salary that cannot increase does not provide. The Democratic Party knew this when it began its campaign to saddle her with $600,000 of legal bills. You find them crass. I suspect they do not care what you think so long as that child is cared for, for the rest of his life.

cbenoistd on January 28, 2014 at 12:23 PM

She has more power now, than if she were a Senator or whatever.

right2bright on January 28, 2014 at 12:17 PM

Indeed, and she won’t renounce it.

Schadenfreude on January 28, 2014 at 12:24 PM

Danielvito on January 28, 2014 at 12:18 PM

Then wouldn’t it have served her well by not supporting someone who’s in direct opposition to some of her stands on certain issues? Just sayin’.

The point I was trying to make was not that Sarah Palin is a RINO all of a sudden because she endorsed McCain. She’s as conservative as one gets. The point is that just because one endorses a moderate or establishment figure, it doesn’t automatically make that person a RINO. I remember a lot of conservatives throwing a fit when Rand endorsed McConnell.

GOPRanknFile on January 28, 2014 at 12:25 PM

Sarah Palin helped elect Ted Cruz. A future possible president. That alone we should thank her for. Further, if not for her, every senator, congressman and governor would be OWNED by the establishment. Her record of electing great candidates in 10 & 12 has saved the republican.

Morons like rove, bushes, christies etc. don’t realize it but without the cruze’s, lee’s, martinez’s, Haley’s etc. their would be NO CONSERVATIVES LEFT IN THE PARTY!

Danielvito on January 28, 2014 at 12:28 PM

i’m a big palin supporter and i understand that loyalty is an important thing, but… loyalty isn’t ALWAYS a good thing. you have to be loyal to the right people. loyalty is pointless when it’s to someone who does not have the right principles!!

she mentions some things that she disagrees with him on but then criticized the arizona gop for censuring mccain. ironically, those things she mentions that she disagreed with him on are the reason they censured him in the first place. so she kinda proved their point.

just because she ran with him in 2008 does NOT mean she needs to defend him forever. i think she’s just trying to be nice here, and i do know that she’s a nice person! the problem is, there is a time when niceness is actually not the answer. being too nice to someone who doesn’t deserve it will only empower them to continue doing bad things, because you don’t call them out on those bad things!

i really don’t want to hear “he’s my friend” as an excuse here, sarah. he might be your friend but that doesn’t mean you can sugarcoat what he’s done. i’m really upset and disappointed.

Sachiko on January 28, 2014 at 12:28 PM

Most of the babos on this site are taking Palin’s statement and trying to conflate more out of it.

She’s doing exactly what the bible states: “Give your enemy water when they are thirsty, for by doing so, it is like heaping hot coals on their heads.”

Nothing more, nothing less.

As for the call on whether she’s running or not…really, who gives two flying handfuls of dookie? Stop proscribing or projecting your desires on her.

UODuckMan on January 28, 2014 at 12:28 PM

We live in a time of diminishing virtues because of societal influence towards total self-centeredness.blockquote>

First this and then…

…this? I mean: who was asking? Who exactly made McCains censure, nonsensical as it might be, about Mrs. Palin?

I know how important the virtue of loyalty is because in politics it’s pretty much nonexistent. I stand on that most important virtue…

Yes, there is little loyalty in politics and for good reason: citizens are not supposed to be loyal to politicians, but to the Constitution and they are supposed to hold politicans accountable, not cuddle them.

This is a remarkably foolish statement. I expected better of Mrs. Palin.

Valkyriepundit on January 28, 2014 at 12:29 PM

Sachiko on January 28, 2014 at 12:28 PM

Yup.

the_nile on January 28, 2014 at 12:30 PM

Proving that she is ‘a better man’ than McCain, despite his dumping on her and allowing his staff to blame her after their political loss, she still steps up and defends him.

When he chose her as his running mate she breathed life into his boring, dead, RINO arse & his DOA campaign. Evidently being a bit of a Narcissist himself, he allowed the blame to be shoveled her way rather than accepting any himself.

Why she is helping him now, I have no idea…maybe to make herself look like a loyal member of the GOP and a ‘champion’ of Conservatism and Conservative-wannabes.

easyt65 on January 28, 2014 at 12:30 PM

easyt65 on January 28, 2014 at 12:30 PM

My biggest problem with Sarah Palin at this point is that she’s making the same mistake that the greater Tea Party is making. She is behaving as if politicians can fix what politicians broke. On that salient point, I vehemently disagree with her.

gryphon202 on January 28, 2014 at 12:31 PM

Honor above all else. Maybe she is the one person that can bridge the establishment and the Tea Party

ConservativePartyNow on January 28, 2014 at 12:32 PM

GOPRanknFile on January 28, 2014 at 12:25 PM

God your hopeless. Do you realize McCain nominated her for VICE PRESIDENT of the US. Do you understand, the word loyal. She respects him for selecting her.

Name an issue that palin supports that you have a problem with. NAME AN ISSUE!

Danielvito on January 28, 2014 at 12:32 PM

IMO this was a mistake by Palin. The only think Az did was point out what everyone already KNEW – McCain is an Elitist, Washington Insider / Washington Establishment RINO. His latest act of proving so was joining Boehner in attacking the TEA Party. McCain was CORRECTLY labeled and Censured not for any specific ACT but instead for who he has mutated into being / who he is.

Sometimes instead of taking the ‘bullet’ for your buddy/commrade you need to step out of the way and let him get ‘shot’ in the face so ge learns a valuable lesson.

easyt65 on January 28, 2014 at 12:32 PM

And now from the left ‘s perspective..:)

The Real Reason Sarah Palin Defended John McCain

The real reason, the unstated reason, Palin is defending McCain is due to the one great decision the long term senator made, which was to select the then governor of Alaska to be his vice presidential running mate in 2008. Almost every other part of the McCain campaign, including its treatment of its rock star running mate, was a disaster. But the elevation of Palin to national prominence has had long lasting effects on American politics. Some of those effects have not been to the senator’s liking, such as the election of Ted Cruz to the senate thanks, in part, to Palin’s efforts.

If McCain had chosen someone else, it is likely that Palin would be nearing the end of her second term as governor of Alaska, perhaps thinking of retiring to her beloved Wasilla, obscure but popular among Alaskans. But in the world we live in she is the most powerful female politician on the planet, hated by many, beloved by many more, a force of nature who will shake the Earth for quite some time to come. We have John McCain to thank for that.

idesign on January 28, 2014 at 12:34 PM

GOPRanknFile on January 28, 2014 at 12:07 PM

Exactly right.

fadetogray on January 28, 2014 at 12:15 PM

Well said, and exactly right.

Palin has shown very clearly whose side she is on by who she endorses and campaigns for in Congressional races. She doesn’t always pick the most conservative candidate, but she always picks a conservative one.

Look at her involvement in Congressional races before dismissing her as irrelevant or greedy or self-promoting. She’s done more to help our country in the last couple of elections than any of the people who were candidates in 2012.

There Goes the Neighborhood on January 28, 2014 at 12:35 PM

Danielvito on January 28, 2014 at 12:32 PM

Loyalty is supposed to work BOTH ways. As I mentioned, he turned into a DIS-Loyal ROYAL Shi’ite after they lost, allowing his team to attack and blame her…and even went as far as to say some derogatory towards her as well.

easyt65 on January 28, 2014 at 12:35 PM

North Dakota Cow Thief Is First American Arrested, Jailed With Drone’s Help
A SWAT team also got involved in the armed standoff.

Nothing short of divine intervention is going to save whatever is left of America.

Murphy9 on January 28, 2014 at 12:36 PM

Oof!

Buttercup on January 28, 2014 at 12:37 PM

UODuckMan on January 28, 2014 at 12:28 PM

yeah i learned the hard way to assume she is NOT running for anything until she specifically says “i am running.” i was sure she’d run in 2012. there were so many things that seemed to make it very clear that she was running. it seemed obvious to me. and i know she strongly considered running. but she decided not to. ever since then, i assumed she will never run for political office again. if she did run for office, i would be happily proven wrong! but i am going to assume she is never ever running ever again. it’s not happening. ever. i’m sticking to that.

Sachiko on January 28, 2014 at 12:37 PM

“And I will always stand by my friend, John McCain, and thank him profusely, even when he resents it” — Sarah Palin

Schadenfreude on January 28, 2014 at 12:38 PM

Name an issue that palin supports that you have a problem with. NAME AN ISSUE!

Danielvito on January 28, 2014 at 12:32 PM

A couple of points:

1. I do realize that McCain selected her for VP. And yes, I do understand the word, “loyal.” You don’t understand my point, though. I said just a few months ago that she would indeed endorse him again, but I was told by many Palinistas that she wouldn’t sell out her conservative principles again, and she repaid McCain by endorsing him the first time. I have no problem at all with Palin endorsing McCain. I can’t stand McCain, and I hope he gets primaried, but I was just pointing out Palinistas’ double standards. Many of them were incensed when Rand endorsed McConnell, and McConnell isn’t considered as big a RINO as McCain. A lot of them also blasted Romney for endorsing Bennett over Lee, even though Romney has a much longer relationship with Bennett than Palin does with McCain. But when Romney endorsed Bennett, it was said that this is just further confirmation that he’s a RINO. “Loyalty” was not an acceptable reason then.

2. I don’t disagree with Palin on ANY issue, which makes your characterization of me as a RINO silly. You call me a RINO, but then urge me to point out any issue on which I disagree with Palin, making it seem like you already knew that I didn’t disagree with her on anything. Can’t have it both ways, Sir.

GOPRanknFile on January 28, 2014 at 12:40 PM

No way! idesign and gryphon show up today? Who wudda thunk?

John the Libertarian on January 28, 2014 at 12:40 PM

This is why we lose.

neyney on January 28, 2014 at 12:42 PM

easyt65 on January 28, 2014 at 12:35 PM

Every time I’ve heard that azz Mccain speak since 2008, he has defended her. Now his staff are the worst of the worst. They have since 2008 w/the likes of rove, etc. have attacked her so they can be in good stead w/the GOP establishment, the beltway media etc..

McCain once the 2008 election was over can’t control his people. My problem with Mccain is not how he treats Sarah, he’s very nice to her, it’s that he’s wrong on EVERY ISSUE.

By the way, a little on sarah’s principle, McCain’s been trying for a year to get Palin to endorse his pal Linsay Graham. She won’t do it! My guess, she’ll endorse his challenger to further piss off the GOP gestapo.

Danielvito on January 28, 2014 at 12:43 PM

She could have shown loyalty enough by not piling on. Defending the traitorous creep is uncalled for.

Buttercup on January 28, 2014 at 12:44 PM

If I turned my back on every friend and family member who didn’t agree with me 100% of the time, I’d have no friends or family members. – Chuck Heath Jr.

idesign on January 28, 2014 at 12:49 PM

Sarah Palin puts personal political favors above the country.

Shame on Sarah Palin!

John McCain has been pushing illegal alien amnesty, attacking conservatives and kissing Obama’s butt whenever he can. John McCain has become an utter traitor, and any conservative who makes excuses for him is out of their mind.

Speaking of making excuses, it is really sad to see some hypocrites here bend over backwards to make excuses for Sarah Palin for doing this.

bluegill on January 28, 2014 at 12:49 PM

No way! idesign and gryphon show up today? Who wudda thunk?

John the Libertarian on January 28, 2014 at 12:40 PM

I wooda thunk!

You know, the_nile isn’t just a river in Egypt.

Lanceman on January 28, 2014 at 12:49 PM

Waitaminnit. Maybe it is…

Lanceman on January 28, 2014 at 12:49 PM

GOPRanknFile on January 28, 2014 at 12:40 PM

Just checking did Bennett nominate Romneycare for VP. By the way Romney is a Rino. Regarding, Rand paul, I agree with him on most issues. I don’t agree with his endorsement of McConnell. Not sure why he did it other than for personal gain. Easier to get re-elected in Ky if mcconnells money people are on your side. Further, if McConnell gets re-elected and is majority leader it’s easier to run for prez.

My point is every endorsement has a reason. Palin, endorses probably 95% true conservatives. Further, she IS always right on the issues. That is why six years after her VP run people like me still think the world of her.

Danielvito on January 28, 2014 at 12:51 PM

Goddamned hagfish just stunk up the place.

Lanceman on January 28, 2014 at 12:51 PM

GOPRanknFile on January 28, 2014 at 12:12 PM

Hmmm, interesting….Wasn’t ‘Quite” ready.

I take the Assessment of one person when it comes to 2008,
in regards to her. Read the assessment of A.B. CULVAHOUSE.
He’s the guy who “vetted” her for McCain.

yeah, yeah, he must NOT have done a very good job of vetting
her, I mean, look what happened to her!

please.

We’ve been over this what? A million times by now..

ToddPA on January 28, 2014 at 12:51 PM

Danielvito on January 28, 2014 at 12:43 PM

After the election he made no effort to defend her while his staff was attacking her. As I said, even HE said a couple of disparaging things about her. The country LOVED HER, and he caught h@ll for the image of not coming to her defense and for allowing his staff to do what they were doing without saying ANYTHING in her defense. he FINALLY began treating her nice and began saying nice things about her because his image was taking a hit. I don’t know if he had a case of the ‘gumpy old man’s or ‘sour grapes’, but after the election he was NOT completely ‘in her corner’. I am glad he is now ‘on her side’…

That still doesn’t make up for the fac that he is a sold out Washington Establishment Republican Deusche that attacked the TEA Party & Conservatives for trying to hold him and Boehner accountable…and he is more interested in keeping his job thatn honoring his oath of office or serving the American people / doing what is in the best interest of this nation.

easyt65 on January 28, 2014 at 12:52 PM

bluegill on January 28, 2014 at 12:49 PM

says the turd that was pumping romneycare for president for 4 years on this site. Everything a palin thread appears like a bad dog fart you appear. No have NO credibility, shamus!

Danielvito on January 28, 2014 at 12:52 PM

Stench.

Bmore on January 28, 2014 at 12:53 PM

easyt65 on January 28, 2014 at 12:52 PM

Yup yup.

the_nile on January 28, 2014 at 12:54 PM

easyt65 on January 28, 2014 at 12:52 PM

McCain s*cks mooseballs, we agree! What does that have to do w/Palin. She supports a person she is loyal to. However, on every issue she has principle. On endorsements, mClame has NO impact on who she picks.

Trying a little to hard to malign Sarah!

Danielvito on January 28, 2014 at 12:56 PM

Palin. Nothing but a politician.

She is defending this establishment RINO POS for a selfish political reason. She helped elect this POS who promptly dissed T-partiers and conservatives, and the godess Palin still supports him. And the Sara cult still fawns over her. Hopefully, she will never run for anything. She is unelectable for anything beyond the local queen of the trailer park association. Her 10 mins. of fame has long since passed. Her support of McCain is the same as supporting his ahole buddy Lindsay Graham, McConnell, Rubio, and all the RINOS and Dems. You can’t support McCain as a Pol. and not support all like him. To do so is being hypocritical or playing your cult followers for fools.

I was through with Palin when she went out of her way to support McCain over Hayworth, especially after the way McCain’s staff had treated her. McCain did nothing to stop the treatment.

I guess Palin likes bearing the abused spouse syndrome.

And please, spare me the loyalty crap. If that is your excuse, then don’t blitch when the RNC and the RINO GOPe all support each other against the conservatives and diss us at every opportunity. After all, they are just being loyal to each other, so we should admire them and still support them. You Palin cultists will twist and contort yourselves into a pretzel to find a way to worship Palin.

they lie on January 28, 2014 at 12:57 PM

Happy Nomad on January 28, 2014 at 12:01 PM

She wrote this on her own blog, so don’t blame her. The media is the one trying to make news out of it.

huckleberryfriend on January 28, 2014 at 12:58 PM

Buttercup on January 28, 2014 at 12:44 PM

I completely agree.

Sarah Palin couldn’t even win again statewide in Alaska, not that she would ever run again for anything, anyway.

And I was really starting to think that Sarah Palin was doing a lot of good for conservatives. So, so disappointing.

She disappointed during her 2008 VP run, she disappointed when she suddenly quit as governor before finishing a single term, she disappoints when she runs away from challenging TV interview situations, and she really disappointed with this totally unnecessary John McCain butt-kissing now.

Sarah Palin has done a lot of good, no doubt, and she showed so much promise at the beginning, so it is really a shame that she has often been a significant disappointment and has failed to live up to that original promise.

bluegill on January 28, 2014 at 12:58 PM

Sarah, I luvs ya babe, but loyalty is to be first to God and then country….to be loyal to McCain is to be disloyal to our constitution, which he uses as a editing script.
Sometimes hard choices and deeper principle supersedes mere political loyalty.
You blew this one.

Don L on January 28, 2014 at 12:58 PM

So you’re saying that being selected for VP (which very well might have destroyed her political career) is worthy of more loyalty than a friendship outside of politics that spanned for decades? Yeah, I’ll have to disagree with you there.

Danielvito on January 28, 2014 at 12:51 PM

You’re certainly entitled to think the world of her. But don’t get mad at conservatives who are disappointed in her endorsement or people pointing out double standards.

GOPRanknFile on January 28, 2014 at 12:58 PM

Everything a palin thread appears like a bad dog fart you appear.

Danielvito on January 28, 2014 at 12:52 PM