Palin defends McCain after he’s censured by the Arizona GOP

posted at 11:21 am on January 28, 2014 by Allahpundit

A lone but prominent dissenting voice from tea-party orthodoxy on Maverick. And an admirable show of loyalty from someone who wasn’t repaid in kind by Team McCain after the 2008 election.

Hopefully Steve Schmidt will be on MSNBC today to react to the last paragraph from this excerpt.

I consider Senator John McCain an American hero and a friend. He fights to remind our President that the federal government’s first priority must be strong defense of our homeland, and, like Congressman Johnson, he fights against big-spending colleagues who don’t prioritize for our military’s needs. Upon the Senator’s shoulders he’s carried part of our message of opposition to today’s “fundamental transformation” of America directly to the problem: President Obama and Harry Reid’s far left agenda.

I appreciate Senator McCain’s steadfastness in demanding truth in the White House’s Benghazi cover-up. Because of his persistence we WILL get that truth, and then more eyes will be open to see how dangerous an Obama-led retreating America is in this volatile world.

It goes without saying we don’t all agree on all political issues. For instance, I shall keep pushing to open ANWR, I oppose letting illegal aliens cut in line and receive American benefits via “immigration reform,” and I oppose any Congressional action that allows President Obama to incur more U.S. debt. During this time of dangerous lawlessness in the executive branch, those who agree on stopping the intended transformation of our country had better unite to fight. So at this time, it’s perplexing to see Senator McCain’s good efforts to uncover the Obama agenda being ignored and perhaps even hindered now by those wanting to censure the Arizona Senator. Despite our differences on some other issues, there is no questioning Senator McCain’s dedication to national security in spite of the White House’s agenda.

We live in a time of diminishing virtues because of societal influence towards total self-centeredness. This is unfortunate and makes raising families, conducting business, and governing that much more challenging. I know how important the virtue of loyalty is because in politics it’s pretty much nonexistent. I stand on that most important virtue and answer those asking today: “Yes, I am proud to have been asked to run with him in 2008, and he is my friend.”

Not the first time she’s gone to bat for McCain when he’s been under fire from the grassroots. She endorsed him for Senate in Arizona in 2010 at a moment when J.D. Hayworth was trying to surf the tea-party wave in the Arizona Senate primary. She gains nothing politically from doing this that I can think of; in fact, follow the comments to her Facebook post and you’ll find endless “why, Sarah, why?!” conservative angst in reply. The irony is, if there’s any big-name Republican who might show disloyalty to the party in a game-changing way in 2016, it’s McCain himself. It’ll be grim fun rubbing his face in this magnanimous statement of unity from his former running mate if/when he does.

Interesting that she’d single out national defense as a key McCain virtue given that he’s been cross-wise with her base on that for awhile now, especially in his almost manic desire to intervene in Syria. Likewise, on Snowden and the NSA, McCain was so incensed by the leaks that he called for a complete rethinking of America’s relationship with Russia after they granted Snowden asylum. Palin, meanwhile, has reserved her NSA-related criticism for Obama and the agency itself, likely realizing that tea partiers are the most anti-NSA demographic group in the United States right now. McCain’s sounded more circumspect recently as the political winds have changed but these are wide chasms between Maverick and the right on national security and yet she’s still willing to go to bat for him on it. Maybe she has no choice, though; maybe that’s what anyone would say about McCain in searching for a way to compliment him. He certainly is … passionate about natsec, whatever the actual merits of his views.

Here’s the guy who spearheaded the movement to censure him. Exit quotation from Maverick: “If anything, it fires me up.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 4 5 6

Bmore on January 28, 2014 at 5:15 PM

REminds you of the old “I’d Like to Teach the World to sing” Coca Cola Commercial, doesn’t it?/

kingsjester on January 28, 2014 at 5:19 PM

viking01 on January 28, 2014 at 3:08 PM

Lolz! Excellent point!

Bmore on January 28, 2014 at 5:19 PM

kingsjester on January 28, 2014 at 5:19 PM

Lolz! ; ) Well it is like old times a bit.

Bmore on January 28, 2014 at 5:20 PM

Bmore on January 28, 2014 at 5:20 PM

Now all we need is Gumby and Pokey, rubberneck, and Gunlock Bill calling us all ignorant.

kingsjester on January 28, 2014 at 5:21 PM

Palin post in the ‘Top Picks’ column? Odd.

wolfsDad on January 28, 2014 at 5:24 PM

Hey RINOS..:)

@ppppolls Sarah Palin has a higher favorability rating with GOP primary voters on our new national poll than Bush, Christie, Cruz, Huck, Paul, Ryan
1:24pm – 28 Jan 14

idesign on January 28, 2014 at 5:25 PM

List of People Associated With National Politics Who Posses Character and Integrity:

1. Sarah Palin
2. Ted Cruz

3. Rand Paul

4. Mike Lee

5. Journolists: None

…..end of List……

williamg on January 28, 2014 at 5:26 PM

Do pantyhose count?

katy the mean old lady on January 28, 2014 at 4:03 PM

No! For you…..Yes!

Bmore on January 28, 2014 at 5:26 PM

I am the 500th commenter on a Palin thread!

What did I win?

portlandon on January 28, 2014 at 5:26 PM

1. Sarah Palin

2. Ted Cruz

3. Rand Paul

4. Mike Lee

5. Journolists: None

…..end of List……

williamg on January 28, 2014 at 5:27 PM

BedBug on January 28, 2014 at 4:11 PM

BedBug!

Bmore on January 28, 2014 at 5:27 PM

Nice to see some lifelong friendships were made on this thread today. Ain’t friendship grand!?!?

Bmore on January 28, 2014 at 5:15 PM

Couldn’t help it. He got bitchy. So I decked him.

Lanceman on January 28, 2014 at 5:29 PM

Bmore on January 28, 2014 at 5:15 PM

Couldn’t help it. He got b!tchy. So I decked him.

Lanceman on January 28, 2014 at 5:31 PM

What did I win?

portlandon on January 28, 2014 at 5:26 PM

A creel fulla hagfish.

Lanceman on January 28, 2014 at 5:33 PM

And all the sacrifices made…

Schadenfreude on January 28, 2014 at 4:53 PM

yeap if you think about it too long you will end up crying for all that has been lost. All those who died in vain so a few elite can control everything. I see nothing but a new dark age coming where freedom is a distant memory.

unseen on January 28, 2014 at 5:35 PM

1:24pm – 28 Jan 14

idesign on January 28, 2014 at 5:25 PM

It has been the same since 2008. it is amazing after all the mud and dirt thrown at her she is still standing on top. It is her character I think that keeps her on the top and that character is seen in this defense of McCain. I don’t like McCain myself but those wishing for Gov Palin to stab McCain in the back are going to be disappointed. Palin will continue to be loyal to those that she calls friends. From a political prespective this defense might be good or bad depending on where you stand with McCain but not one person can look at this defense and not respect Gov Palin’s character.

unseen on January 28, 2014 at 5:38 PM

BedBug on January 28, 2014 at 4:11 PM

BedBug!

Bmore on January 28, 2014 at 5:27 PM

Bmore!

BedBug on January 28, 2014 at 5:40 PM

BedBug on January 28, 2014 at 5:40 PM

Up on 3rd floor watching the rush hour follies. 2 inches of snow that has now started to turn to ice. Not moving fast. Lots of weary drivers and wrecks. Slow motion wrecks at least. Some nice figure 8′s being laid down. ; )

Bmore on January 28, 2014 at 5:48 PM

The only thing I want Sarah Palin to understand, it’s an old adage, “There are none so blind as those that will not see, nor none so deaf as those that will not listen.” John McCain is poison to the American people, and he’s got so bad he is poison to himself. He has turned the people that elected him against him, and he is either too stupid, or too blind, or too deaf to understand it. He keeps flapping his mouth and acting the fool.

savage24 on January 28, 2014 at 6:00 PM

Anti-Control on January 28, 2014 at 4:11 PM

And now even God is talking to Saint Sarah and directing her moves. She kisses the Godfather’s ring because she wants to be the next Sen. from Az.

they lie on January 28, 2014 at 6:02 PM

They lie, boy!

Lanceman on January 28, 2014 at 6:05 PM

1. Sarah Palin
2. Ted Cruz

3. Rand Paul

4. Mike Lee

5. Journolists: None

…..end of List……

williamg on January 28, 2014 at 5:26 PM

Well, for someone who’s supposed to hate Romnney, I’d disagree with excluding him. I think as a human being Romney has sterling character. It’s his politics to me that lack integrity.

ddrintn on January 28, 2014 at 6:12 PM

No way. If anyone wants to be senator from Arizona they talk to Charles Keating.

viking01 on January 28, 2014 at 6:12 PM

Wendy vs. Sarah: A Thought Experiment
Imagine if Wendy Davis got the Palin treatment.

Talk amongst yourselves, lol.

Fallon on January 28, 2014 at 6:13 PM

anyone think for a moment that Mitt would not have turned from McCain at the first sign of trouble? the first time that supporting McCain would have cost him 1% of support mitt would have run from McCain as fast and as far as he could. That is the difference between Palin and Mitt.

Now forget about McCain what would they do if in office. At the first sign of trouble for a bill or for a program or for a war for that matter who would you rather have? Someone who runs or someone who stands and defends what they believe?

This is what character looks like. I know we don’t get to see it very often in our national leaders anymore but there are a few who still have it. I wish she would have picked a different hill to show her character but I’m glad she has character she has.

Character: “the stable and distinctive qualities built into an individual’s life which determine his or her response regardless of circumstances.”

unseen on January 28, 2014 at 6:16 PM

ddrintn on January 28, 2014 at 6:12 PM

I don’t think he has sterling character. If so he allowed the pollsters to sublime that character during the campaign because at the end of the day much as with Obama I couldn’t believe a thing Mitt said in his speeches or his campaign events. In fact at the end I couldn’t even tell what he believed in, what he would do in office or what he would sprout next. He may be a moral man and good man but his character was completely lacking.

unseen on January 28, 2014 at 6:19 PM

Palin cultists need to get over the fact that Palin crashed and burned as a candidate.

bluegill on January 28, 2014 at 3:46 PM

Not as spectacularly as Romney/Ryan did. McCain and Palin were running against blank-slate Chicago Jesus. Romney and Ryan were running against a failed one-term incumbent. Do I agree with Palin’s endorsement of McCain? No. But I can understand it.

ddrintn on January 28, 2014 at 6:21 PM

Bmore on January 28, 2014 at 5:48 PM

Wow, Bmore. I just heard the national weather news. Hope you don’t have to go out. We’ve had snow too and minus 15 this am. Down to 0 now, possible minus 9 overnight. Worst winter for cold I’ve seen in a long time.

Take care!!

bluefox on January 28, 2014 at 6:24 PM

Palin owes McCain and the RNC

Without both of them, she would still be a little known X- AK governor

Redford on January 28, 2014 at 4:37 PM

Without the McCain campaign and the RNC and assorted progs-in-GOP-clothing who seem to mouth proggie memes as skilfully as an MSNBC talking head, like you, she’d probably still be governor.

ddrintn on January 28, 2014 at 6:29 PM

^ Unless AK has a term-limit. I don’t know if they do.

ddrintn on January 28, 2014 at 6:30 PM

bluegill on January 28, 2014 at 3:46 PM

No, sorry, Palin did just fine as a candidate, pulling in votes for her ticket.

You’re thinking of Mitt Romney — who crashed and burned twice.
Actually, “crash and burn” would be too dramatic. He simply faded into nothingness.

rrpjr on January 28, 2014 at 6:32 PM

bluefox on January 28, 2014 at 6:24 PM

Going nowhere. In for the duration. You take care as well. ; )

Bmore on January 28, 2014 at 6:48 PM

She carried the pachyderm, while Wallace and Schmidt, stabbed her in the back, I’ve dubbed her’Norma Desmond’ because of the delusional nature of her dispatches, and Schmidt ‘Dr, Evil’ well look at him,

narciso on January 28, 2014 at 6:52 PM

this misplaced loyalty to Sen McCain explains a lot. I’ve been disappointed in Sarah Palin for many years. The US private sector worker has needed a strong advocate. I thought Sarah and Todd would be that, at one time. They were so well positioned to do so. Instead they took the $$ and ran with it. Sarah Palin is an establishment Republican – albeit on the outer fringes of that cabal. She pays lip service to the Tea Party but she is very careful to only comment on “safe” issues. She should just return to her knitting and baking of cookies.

Darvin Dowdy on January 28, 2014 at 7:31 PM

Anti-Control on January 28, 2014 at 4:11 PM

they lie on January 28, 2014 at 6:02 PM

Okay. I’d rather you be honest, than not.

I disagree. (shrug ‘n’ walk away)

bluegill on January 28, 2014 at 3:46 PM

( s i g h . . . . )

Why do you have to do that, just as we’re beginning to be a little respectful of you ?

John McCain gained votes on account of her.

Oh, you meant when she ran for Governor of Alaska ?

Oops, my mistake … yeah, she really blew that.

listens2glenn on January 28, 2014 at 7:54 PM

The Cuda’s loyal. The HORROR!

KMav on January 28, 2014 at 7:58 PM

Lolz! Perfect. ; )

Bmore on January 28, 2014 at 8:07 PM

Darvin Dowdy on January 28, 2014 at 7:31 PM

So Darvin,

Tell us when you rallied the conservative troops to take back the House from the Dems in 2010, or when you braved a union mob in the dead of winter to rally support Wisconsin’s conservative Governor, Scott Walker,who was under a coordinated assault from the Democrats and the public sector unions. Regale us of the time you traveled 3500 miles to campaign for a little known conservative who was running for Senate in Texas against the Republican Establishment as well as the Democrats. You know the one, Ted Cruz.

And yet you say Sarah Palin should “return to her knitting and baking of cookies”

I pray she never takes your worthless advice.

ariel on January 28, 2014 at 8:09 PM

So Darvin,

I pray she never takes your worthless advice.

ariel on January 28, 2014 at 8:09 PM

Spot on!

idesign on January 28, 2014 at 8:34 PM

She should just return to her knitting and baking of cookies.

Darvin Dowdy on January 28, 2014 at 7:31 PM

It’s meathead comments like this that help out the war on women meme.

Which makes me wonder if you are just a liberal trolling.

kim roy on January 28, 2014 at 8:49 PM

kim roy on January 28, 2014 at 8:49 PM

Makes the list until demonstrated otherwise.

Bmore on January 28, 2014 at 8:51 PM

She’s playing the long game.

One thing conservatives have yet to figure out, even though they’ve been schooled in it by the liberals, is infiltration.

One way to take over is by infiltration. One at a time, slowly, over time and eventually you’ll look around and it’s taken over.

The liberals have been extremely patient and steadfast and now they have the media, educational system and government.

When are we ever going to learn? We deserve to lose.

kim roy on January 28, 2014 at 8:53 PM

love her or hate her you want to talk about her!

Danielvito on January 28, 2014 at 2:19 PM

Nawwwww. I logged back on hours later just so I could complain about John McCain, the original whacko bird.

jazzuscounty on January 28, 2014 at 8:57 PM

Political loyalty at the expense of the truth and the welfare of the American people is not admirable. Sarah Palin, you disappoint me, again.

blackgriffin on January 28, 2014 at 8:59 PM

Bmore on January 28, 2014 at 5:48 PM

Now it’s your turn. Be safe and warm dear Southerner.

jazzuscounty on January 28, 2014 at 9:01 PM

I swear the way some of you defend Palin with such blind devotion is no different than the way the scummy dimoturds defend Obastard. I’m sorry but there is no good reason anyone with a lick of sense should defend that back stabbing s**tweasel McAmnesty regardless as to whether he have her a national voice. The endorsement when that scumbag ran in 2010 should have been enough payback. And don’t give me anything about loyalty McAmnesty is one of the least loyal scum out there.

bbinfl on January 28, 2014 at 9:18 PM

Which makes me wonder if you are just a liberal trolling.

kim roy on January 28, 2014 at 8:49 PM

I don’t wonder:-)

bluefox on January 28, 2014 at 9:31 PM

jazzuscounty on January 28, 2014 at 9:01 PM

Absolute Standing Still Mess. The better half and I just enjoyed a walk . Thinking about breaking out the sled in a bit. ; )

Bmore on January 28, 2014 at 9:33 PM

Bmore on January 28, 2014 at 9:33 PM

I feel sorry for those on the highways. Around our parts, we call that a “parking lot”:-) Happens a lot, any season!!

When we lived in Texas and had .5 in. of snow one day, it was madness. So many people had never seen snow. Of course, when starting to slide, they slammed on the brakes….

Safe driving that sled, LOL

bluefox on January 28, 2014 at 9:39 PM

Definately one of her blind spots is blind loyalty to a man who does not deserve it.

oryguncon on January 28, 2014 at 10:18 PM

I think what Palin posted showed great character and political shrewdness.

I also think that it’s nice for bluegill to show up now and then from her game of Romney Cabinet Pick n’ Take to try and bash Palin now and again. Makes her look as foolish as she did back in 2012.

victor82 on January 28, 2014 at 11:51 PM

bluegill on January 28, 2014 at 3:46 PM

Sorry. Ain’t happening.

98ZJUSMC on January 29, 2014 at 1:23 AM

FlameWarrior believes that Sarah was spiritually, not politcally, led in her defense of McLame. Frankly, I find that to be a laughable idea….I can hardly believe someone would try to rationalize this into some sort of Christian expression…

Anti-Control on January 28, 2014 at 4:11 PM

Believe it.

FlameWarrior on January 28, 2014 at 4:52 PM

Believe me, I do! This is how I was using the term:

rationalize: to devise self-satisfying but incorrect reasons for one’s behavior

It’s a form of insanity to believe that Sarah was being led by God Himself when she decided to defend the abusive, deceitful loser McLame over the censure. Whether or not she believes she was being led by God is a different issue (I really hope she wouldn’t make that claim…)

Why don’t we ask Him and find out.

You and me, A-C, together. We could make the joint inquiry from our separate locations.

You know, the two of us making our way to the foot of the cross by bowing our heads, that sorta thing. I’m told the door is always open to a couple of pilgrims like us who want to stop in and chat with He who put us on this earth. (No, I don’t mean “president” Obama.)

Let me know if you want to.

FlameWarrior on January 28, 2014 at 4:48 PM

I’m open to that…

Anti-Control on January 29, 2014 at 4:42 AM

This gave her an opportunity to please him and perhaps redeem herself more in his eyes. I think it’s personal and she wants his respect.

You know, Barbara Bush “loves” Bill Clinton, too…why do these kind of people overlook each others’ serious flaws & stick together so, hmm? The “heaping hot coals upon their heads” defense doesn’t make any sense in such a context.

And she’s willing to throw the Arizona conservatives, who stood up to him, under the bus to get it, apparently.

bluegill on January 28, 2014 at 4:52 PM

It gets me how those who are praising Sarah for her “loyalty” to Juan don’t seem to understand (or care about?) what she’s sacrificing in the process…

Anti-Control on January 29, 2014 at 5:00 AM

“No man, nor woman, can serve 2 masters.”

Anti-Control on January 29, 2014 at 5:16 AM

Anti-Control on January 29, 2014 at 4:42 AM

So it’s folly to believe anyone can believe in – or be led by – God?

[If it's Sarah Palin, especially.]

What is your point? You don’t like Sarah. . . or God? Please be clear.

Do you think that your analysis of Sarah’s motivations is the be all, end all?

Just asking.

Opinionator on January 29, 2014 at 5:18 AM

So it’s folly to believe anyone can believe in – or be led by – God?

[If it's Sarah Palin, especially.]

What is your point? You don’t like Sarah. . . or God? Please be clear.

I guess you didn’t follow the conversation very closely…FlameWarrior is the one who made the assertion that Sarah is being led by spiritual, not political, concerns. The evidence says that this is a joke – her loyalty to Juan is not admirable, because it’s blind and self-defeating. Unless Sarah knowingly prefers being on the GOP establishment’s side, that is…

Do you think that your analysis of Sarah’s motivations is the be all, end all?

Just asking.

Opinionator on January 29, 2014 at 5:18 AM

“Just asking”? lol

I guess I shouldn’t have opinions that make others unhappy? Or maybe I should just keep them to myself? I think it’s very interesting how you choose to critique me – I do believe I see a pattern with you towards me… :)

Anti-Control on January 29, 2014 at 5:49 AM

Anti-Control on January 29, 2014 at 5:00 AM

I can’t speak for others, but I know. There are real people, good people, struggling against McCain (whom I loathe) in Arizona. They managed to pass this censure, taking heat for doing it. McCain is powerful in Arizona. They were poking the tiger.

Then someone they had hoped would have their backs defends McCain against them instead (although they should have reckoned on this).

Politics ain’t beanbag. I have never been one to blame Obama for throwing his people under the bus when they get in the way. That’s how it works. If he couldn’t do that, if his people would not stick with him anyway, he’d still be just a community organizer.

If we don’t have that kind of loyalty to our leaders, especially the ones we can see are clearly on our side on balance, we might as well just pack it in now.

fadetogray on January 29, 2014 at 5:57 AM

I do believe I see a pattern with you towards me… :)

Anti-Control on January 29, 2014 at 5:49 AM

What pattern? Have I ever even addressed you on the open board before? No! Find the links and prove it to us if I’m wrong.

I asked you to own up for your part in the Scrumpy ferfuffle here – in the Gulch – but you did not/would not! I’m quite sure you are never ever responsible for any of your own actions! I’m sure there’s some psychology in that bit as well.

Look in the mirror.

I guess you didn’t follow the conversation very closely

I followed it so closely I responded to you regarding it with specifics.

AC, I’m very sorry for you.

Opinionator on January 29, 2014 at 6:06 AM

fadetogray on January 29, 2014 at 5:57 AM

Defending mccain against grassroots is a real problem.

the_nile on January 29, 2014 at 6:37 AM

fadetogray on January 29, 2014 at 5:57 AM

Juan is an abusive jerk with anger-management issues. Juan is a liar who broke campaign promises about border security. Yet, Sarah decided to take McLame’s side against those who censured him in AZ.

Do you ever remember her directly calling him out & standing up to him about his self-serving BS? What a good friend (to Juan) she’s being!

Anti-Control on January 29, 2014 at 6:53 AM

My take after all the comments on this thread and thoroughly understanding Palin’s statement. I like Palin. I find her to be one of the strongest voices out there which speaks for me on a regular and tireless basis. Though I disagree with her on this. It will not mar my support and appreciation of her and what she does on behalf of the Conservative movement in this Country.

Bmore on January 29, 2014 at 9:08 AM

Ask B.More or SparkPlug.
Lanceman on January 28, 2014 at 2:44 PM

They just did moron. Did you really need to write that?
Buttercup on January 28, 2014 at 2:48 PM

Bmore on January 28, 2014 at 5:15 PM

Couldn’t help it. He got b!tchy. So I decked him.
Lanceman on January 28, 2014 at 5:31 PM

Really Sally I mean Lance? What decking are you referring to?
When you told me to “Shove it” when I was replying to someone else? Yes that’s the beatdown I expect from a person who finds the name Buttercup masculine.

Buttercup on January 29, 2014 at 9:38 AM

Buttercup on January 29, 2014 at 9:38 AM

Lanceman is man enough for any doll/Buttercup/princess.

Schadenfreude on January 29, 2014 at 11:07 AM

Buttercup on January 29, 2014 at 9:38 AM

Well, your repertoire is larger, and you got more fight than hagfish (you could possibly be her under her cdseven guise), but, shove it, Buttercup.

Anybody got a copy of H.M.S. Pinafore handy? I feel like singing.

Lanceman on January 29, 2014 at 11:14 AM

So it’s folly to believe anyone can believe in – or be led by – God?

[If it's Sarah Palin, especially.]

What is your point? You don’t like Sarah. . . or God? Please be clear.

Opinionator on January 29, 2014 at 5:18 AM

Anti-Control on January 29, 2014 at 5:49 AM

Interpreting POLITICAL evidence, and drawing conclusions from it is always in the eye of the individual beholder.
We like Sarah, and you get that.
You don’t esteem her as highly as we do, and we get that.

Do you think that your analysis of Sarah’s motivations is the be all, end all?

Just asking.

Opinionator on January 29, 2014 at 5:18 AM

“Just asking”? lol

Anti-Control on January 29, 2014 at 5:49 AM

Speaking only for myself … you can can have and express any opinion you want. We all have the same rights to speak, here.

But you also have to tolerate the (expletive) out of our counter-replies, just as we have to tolerate yours.

I’m going to rehash his question, ’cause you didn’t answer it:

Do you think that your analysis of Sarah’s motivations is the be all, end all?

Opinionator on January 29, 2014 at 5:18 AM

listens2glenn on January 29, 2014 at 11:27 AM

Lanceman is man enough for any doll/Buttercup/princess.

Schadenfreude on January 29, 2014 at 11:07 AM

He thinks Buttercup is a dude so if he’s man enough well I’ll have to take your word for it. Now he wants to sing show tunes.

Buttercup on January 29, 2014 at 11:30 AM

Buttercup on January 29, 2014 at 11:30 AM

Cram it, ma’am.

Lanceman on January 29, 2014 at 11:53 AM

Profound!

We like Sarah, and you get that.
You don’t esteem her as highly as we do, and we get that

The difference between us: I judge her by her behavior, not by any preconceived notions, either positive or negative, I personally have about her.

I can see that she’s running interference for the abusive liar McCain, siding against conservatives in AZ who have censored him. Since I am a curious person, I ask, whose side is she on here exactly, and why is she doing this?

To say that she’s serving God by enabling a jerk-0ff political hack like McLame is LOL-funny, I’ll tell you. :) If she only thinks she is serving God by standing by him here, her discernment/wisdom naturally should come into question, should it not?

I’m going to rehash his question, ’cause you didn’t answer it:

Do you think that your analysis of Sarah’s motivations is the be all, end all?

Opinionator on January 29, 2014 at 5:18 AM

listens2glenn on January 29, 2014 at 11:27 AM

I’ll tolerate others’ counterreplies the way I see fit, an idea which I presume you support.

I find the question asked of me to be retarded the same way I find, “So, when did you stop beating your wife?” In addition, I make the same inference about the motivation of those who ask me such retarded questions! :)

Anti-Control on January 29, 2014 at 12:07 PM

He thinks Buttercup is a dude…

Buttercup on January 29, 2014 at 11:30 AM

eva1234, or some such, who threatened to kill me, was offended for being assumed a “woman”.

Schadenfreude on January 29, 2014 at 12:14 PM

Her defenders here know Palin has spent some of her immense goodwill on the right by doing this. …

fadetogray on January 29, 2014 at 5:57 AM

What’s amusing is that pretty much the same set of people who blasted her for backing people like O’Donnell and Angle — and who ignore that she also backed Cruz, Paul and Rubio — also blast her for backing McCain. There are those who’ll criticize her just for breathing, so it’s probably best ignored or laughed at.

ddrintn on January 29, 2014 at 12:35 PM

^ How likely do you think it is that a lot of these people who are damning Palin for backing McCain would be blasting her for rank disloyalty and ingratitude if she were to call for his defeat? It’s always been “damned if she does, damned if she doesn’t” when it comes to Palin.

ddrintn on January 29, 2014 at 12:39 PM

Last!!!

Bmore on January 29, 2014 at 2:36 PM

ddrintn on January 29, 2014 at 12:39 PM

Not likely. Why don’t you speed dial her and ask her to call for his defeat so we can find out.

Buttercup on January 29, 2014 at 3:24 PM

ddrintn on January 29, 2014 at 12:39 PM

Buttercup on January 29, 2014 at 3:24 PM

Oh, I think it’s highly likely. And if I could I would.

ddrintn on January 29, 2014 at 5:54 PM

My guess is that she wants his approval and support and to stay on his good side. She lives in AZ now, and is apparently friends with the family. –cyanotic fishy

No, she bought a second home in Arizona. She is still very much a resident of the state of Alaska.

Where do you get your “information” from?

JannyMae on January 29, 2014 at 7:02 PM

Last!!!

Bmore on January 29, 2014 at 2:36 PM

Let’s try that again.

listens2glenn on January 30, 2014 at 4:30 PM

I have said many times in the past, McCain is a HERO and I respect him for his bearing as a POW and a Navel Officer. I also think he should have switched parties several years ago, he supports Democrat ideas more than Republican.

old war horse on January 31, 2014 at 10:29 AM

old war horse on January 31, 2014 at 10:29 AM

Dittos . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . somehow, you read my mind.

listens2glenn on January 31, 2014 at 2:08 PM