Open thread: Still three more of these to go, America, if you can believe it

posted at 8:01 pm on January 28, 2014 by Allahpundit

I really can’t believe it. Even Obama, I’ve always assumed, doesn’t want to do the SOTU but feels bound by a basic rule of politics in the age of mass media, that when television offers you a free platform to reach many millions of voters, you’ve got to take it. There’s no way to redeem a laborious 45-minute run-through of your party’s current policy wishlist, so don’t sweat it when it lands with a thud. Just show up, if only to show your party that you’re still trying.

And yet, here’s a line from his former speechwriter about the SOTU-writing process. What are we to make of this?

President Obama always wanted the speech to “sing,” as he put it

O does realize that not only have all five of his previous SOTUs been essentially the same, they’re also essentially the same as every SOTU delivered over the past 30 years, no? Watch the two clips below, or revisit Matt Welch’s guide on how to write an SOTU in 10 minutes using the same platitudinal flotsam that’s been salvaged and recycled by every president since JFK. Trying to make this speech sing is like trying to make a rendition of “Happy Birthday” sound transcendent. If you’re approaching it that way, you’re missing the point.

The long march begins at 9 p.m. ET but there’s usually some red-carpet-type stupidity happening half an hour or so before that on the cable news nets or C-SPAN. One of the “Duck Dynasty” guys will be there; so will pro basketball player/notable gay man Jason Collins; so will that kid who claimed to be one of the first people in America to sign up for ObamaCare before everyone realized that he hadn’t really signed up. In a few years, as the see-and-be-seen value of this spectacle completely overwhelms its news-making value, members of Congress will start inviting A-list celebrities for fun and the White House Correspondents Dinner-ization of the event will be complete. Which, actually, would be fitting: As Kevin Williamson writes, the SOTU long ago devolved into a dreary imitation of monarchy. Might as well have all the aristocrats there to watch.

The annual State of the Union pageant is a hideous, dispiriting, ugly, monotonous, un-American, un-republican, anti-democratic, dreary, backward, monarchical, retch-inducing, depressing, shameful, crypto-imperial display of official self-aggrandizement and piteous toadying, a black Mass during which every unholy order of teacup totalitarian and cringing courtier gathers under the towering dome of a faux-Roman temple to listen to a speech with no content given by a man with no content, to rise and to be seated as is called for by the order of worship — it is a wonder they have not started genuflecting — with one wretched representative of their number squirreled away in some well-upholstered Washington hidey-hole in order to preserve the illusion that those gathered constitute a special class of humanity without whom we could not live…

The State of the Union is only one example of the deepening, terrifying cult of the state that has taken root here. Many heads of state — and some royals, for that matter — fly on commercial aircraft. Presidents of the Swiss federation and members of the federal council receive . . . an unlimited train pass. They have occasional access to a Cessna maintained by the air force, but are known to use mass transit — just like the people they are elected to represent. An American president stages a Roman triumph every time he heads out for a round of golf. The president’s household costs well more than $1 billion annually to operate. The president’s visage is more ubiquitous than was Vladimir Lenin’s in his prime, his reach Alexandrian, his sense of immortality (they call it “legacy”) pharaonic. Washington has become a deeply weird and alien place, a Renaissance court with armored sedans and hundred-million-dollar paydays.

Excerpts from Obama’s speech have been released as I write this but I’m not going to go looking for them because who cares? You’ve heard all this before. The only somewhat new element, in perfect keeping with Williamson’s point, is that O will assert his royal prerogative to carry out his agenda via executive order if Congress refuses to comply. He’s semi-formally dispensing with the trappings of republican democracy at an event tailor-made for the occasion. Beyond that, the speech is Groundhog Day: It’s gonna be cold, it’s gonna be gray, and it’s gonna feel like it’ll last you for the rest of your life.

If you somehow make it all the way through, stay tuned for three — yes, really — GOP rebuttals. Cathy McMorris-Rogers will deliver the official one, doubtless featuring a specific appeal to women. Mike Lee will deliver a tea-party response blaming government for inequality and proposing new opportunities for the middle class. And Rand Paul, as is now tradition, will deliver a response of his own emphasizing Americans’ perennial top priority, jobs. Enjoy.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 11

VorDaj on January 28, 2014 at 8:34 PM

Now, that’s not nice! …. insulting pigs, like that …

OldEnglish on January 28, 2014 at 8:37 PM

Robert REIiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiich on MSLSD NOW:

LIVE STREAMING:

MSLSD

canopfor on January 28, 2014 at 8:38 PM

Evening.
Bought some Smirnoff Vanilla vodka for the occasion. It tastes lie rubbing alcohol.

annoyinglittletwerp

on January 28, 2014 at 8:33 PM

Ever since your hours were cut-back, you’ve spent a lot more time here. I really find that, you know … “annoying”.

listens2glenn on January 28, 2014 at 8:38 PM

I’d rather watch (communist) pigs fornicating

Dingbat63 on January 28, 2014 at 8:32 PM

Be careful what you wish for. That’s how Obama got here in the first place.

VorDaj on January 28, 2014 at 8:34 PM

Perfect!

Schadenfreude on January 28, 2014 at 8:38 PM

If I were sure the United States under Obama is a nightmare from which I could awaken I would be happy to give Barry a pen and let him start writing executive orders ad nauseum. There is no idea, plan or program that he is ideologically capable of formulating that will lead to an improvement in the economy, period. Frankly, as much as he spouts off about how awesomely awesome he is, it always seems to me that his biggest fear is having to take responsibility for something. There is no executive order that he can write that he will be willing to take responsibility for when he learns that his latest bright idea continues to tank the economy. Have fun Barry. You are a loser and history will show that you are a loser.

By the way, I refuse to watch the SOTU speech tonight. Could someone do me a favor later and let me know how many SC Justices show up?

DaveDief on January 28, 2014 at 8:38 PM

I’d rather watch (communist) pigs fornicating

Dingbat63 on January 28, 2014 at 8:32 PM

Dingbat63: Got that Streaming,…….(Snark)

canopfor on January 28, 2014 at 8:38 PM

When government expands, liberty contracts!!!!

The five words that Mike Lee should say and then be done.

PappyD61 on January 28, 2014 at 8:40 PM

listens2glenn on January 28, 2014 at 8:38 PM

*glares*

annoyinglittletwerp on January 28, 2014 at 8:40 PM

I’m in the process of coloring my hair-really-so ’bout 20:05 I’ll have to run for a bit. I’m sooooo disappointed. LoL

annoyinglittletwerp on January 28, 2014 at 8:40 PM

Ain’t gonna watch.
Will check back here now and then, tho, just in case someone says ‘you lie’ or leaves the chamber in disgust… or both.

pambi on January 28, 2014 at 8:40 PM

President Obama always wanted the speech to “sing,” as he put it

Makes one long for Roseanne Barr singing the National Anthem …

ShainS on January 28, 2014 at 8:41 PM

listens2glenn on January 28, 2014 at 8:38 PM

*glares*

annoyinglittletwerp on January 28, 2014 at 8:40 PM

If you didn’t reply like that, i wouldn’t know you loved me … : )

listens2glenn on January 28, 2014 at 8:41 PM

President Obama always wanted the speech to “sing,” as he put it

That The One is even further removed from reality than we previously thought?

Either that or he wants everyone to join in and sing a hymn- to him.

If it’s liveblogged here I may check in, but otherwise I’ll probably be reading an old David Weber novel I’ve finally gotten round to (The Armageddon Inheritance).

Mostly, with The One’s State Of His Fantasy Universe addresses, I mainly wonder if he’s either going to cut loose in full rant mode, screaming for the obliteration of everybody he doesn’t like, or just go into unrecoverable dementia praecox and start making demands like,

Obey my ZORRNNGG!

Worship my NOSE!

GARRVVLLE MY YOOM-YOOM, NOW!!

(It’s called “word salad” in psychiatry, BTW, and yes, I have heard it from people in real life. In fact, that’s a mild example.)

I suspect that sooner or later, The One or The Mouth will have a full-on breakdown on national TV. (Mind you, with Joe, it’s entirely possible that nobody will notice the difference.)

Other than the possibility of seeing that, the SOTU isn’t worth wasting electricity on with this… President.

Everyone already knows what he’ll say. And everyone knows it will be stupid, dogmatic, delusional, or two or more of the above.

Most likely all three together.

clear ether

eon

eon on January 28, 2014 at 8:41 PM

8:38 PM

Slideshow: U.S. Secretary of Energy Ernest Moniz’ hair has been chosen as the missing Cabinet member in case of emergency during the State of the Union address:

canopfor on January 28, 2014 at 8:42 PM

Capitol Hill, Washington, DC, US
32s
Pres. Obama leaves White House toward Capitol Hill where he will deliver State of the Union address – @joshledermanAP
end of bulletin
================

Joe Manchin
3m
Photo: Sen. Joe Manchin, D-W. Va., and Sen. Mark Kirk, R-Ill., to sit together at State of the Union address – @kasie

canopfor on January 28, 2014 at 8:43 PM

Shipley … are you sure that your 1st name isn’t really Carl? You might be the same idiot that I know.

I am. But you’re friend sounds like a great American.

Tom_Shipley on January 28, 2014 at 8:43 PM

Ain’t gonna watch.

pambi on January 28, 2014 at 8:40 PM

Aw c’mon . . . . . . if you watch it on TheBlaze, it’s a real circus.

listens2glenn on January 28, 2014 at 8:43 PM

annoyinglittletwerp

on January 28, 2014 at 8:33 PM

Add some milk and see if that smooths it out.

viking01 on January 28, 2014 at 8:43 PM

“I’ve used my pen to order the construction of special camps in the east.”

WHAT????

Bishop on January 28, 2014 at 8:43 PM

viking01 on January 28, 2014 at 8:43 PM

Added some coffee and some Blue Bell light vanilla ice cream.

annoyinglittletwerp on January 28, 2014 at 8:45 PM

“I’ve used my pen to order the construction of special camps in the east.”

WHAT????

Bishop on January 28, 2014 at 8:43 PM

I thought they were already constructed.

listens2glenn on January 28, 2014 at 8:45 PM

What’s the timeline for him being late?

Barred on January 28, 2014 at 8:45 PM

Boycotting it for the 6th time.

Dasher on January 28, 2014 at 8:46 PM

Is time traveling a ban-able offense?

nobar on January 28, 2014 at 8:36 PM

Stephen King 11/22/63

Good read.

davidk on January 28, 2014 at 8:47 PM

What’s the timeline for him being late?

Barred on January 28, 2014 at 8:45 PM

Barky always claims his watch is “set for Hawaii.”

viking01 on January 28, 2014 at 8:48 PM

ok L2G, I guess you will being the only one watching. Keep us posted if anything good happens. Like he resigns……

Barred on January 28, 2014 at 8:49 PM

viking01 on January 28, 2014 at 8:43 PM

Added some coffee and some Blue Bell light vanilla ice cream.

annoyinglittletwerp on January 28, 2014 at 8:45 PM

Great … since I’ve read that, now I want some.

We have the coffee, but no alcohol, or Blue Bell light vanilla ice cream.

listens2glenn on January 28, 2014 at 8:49 PM

=============================================================

Prediction:

This will go down as a thud:

Pelosi will be clapping endlessly!

GOP will be rooted tonight in REALITY!

Democrats have everything to lose, especially when the GOP are
not in a mood for Utopia Speechy Grand Product Economic Policy
fantasy WishListing!

canopfor on January 28, 2014 at 8:50 PM

Hi all, not sure if anyone posted this, but it should be good advice for anyone stupid enough to listen to the SOTU.

uncommon sense on January 28, 2014 at 8:50 PM

Still three more of these to go, America, if you can believe it

I was just thinking this today.

/can you even f***ing believe it. Excuse the Franch.

Paul-Cincy on January 28, 2014 at 8:50 PM

I was going to do shots-but I’ve never done shots before-and can’t go to bible study tomm if I’ve got a hangover.

annoyinglittletwerp on January 28, 2014 at 8:50 PM

viking01 on January 28, 2014 at 8:48 PM

Can’t wait until he’s actually living there.

Barred on January 28, 2014 at 8:51 PM

I just want someone, anyone, at the SOTU to stand up and yell at Obama, “Who do you think you are, Hitler?” Or if they don’t want to say Hitler, say Pharoah, or at least Emperor, or at the very least King.

VorDaj on January 28, 2014 at 8:51 PM

Mark Knoller ‏@markknoller 6m

.@cspan quick to post video frame grab as Pres and Mrs Obama depart the WH moments ago for the Capitol. pic.twitter.com/qkqAfRGbuU

canopfor on January 28, 2014 at 8:52 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on January 28, 2014 at 8:50 PM

You could ….. but I’d counsel against it.

listens2glenn on January 28, 2014 at 8:52 PM

VorDaj on January 28, 2014 at 8:51 PM

VorDaj:Yups,

How abouts,

YOU LIE,..er,..YOUR STILL LYING:)

canopfor on January 28, 2014 at 8:52 PM

I will not be watching. The only thing I would like to know is which Supreme Court Justices attend.

diogenes on January 28, 2014 at 8:52 PM

I thought they were already constructed.

listens2glenn on January 28, 2014 at 8:45 PM

I know, right? I’ve had my bag packed for days now, just waiting for the brownshirts to come get me so I can start my new life in the east in the resettlement.

Bishop on January 28, 2014 at 8:53 PM

When has Obama attempted to persuade anyone of anything? Ever?

Related question … what GOOD is he?

Paul-Cincy on January 28, 2014 at 8:53 PM

annoyinglittletwerp

on January 28, 2014 at 8:33 PM

Hi ALT, I find that the pear flavored vodka and ginger ale go really well togehter. Funny enough, the Grey Goose La Poire is better than the Absolute. :-)

uncommon sense on January 28, 2014 at 8:54 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on January 28, 2014 at 8:50 PM

ALT: Buck UP,..or keep the bottle in the Truck,…(sarc):)

canopfor on January 28, 2014 at 8:54 PM

If there was ever a great time for Sodom and Gomorrah 2.0.
Good evening all.

HornetSting on January 28, 2014 at 8:54 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on January 28, 2014 at 8:50 PM

Do a shot every time he sticks his nose in the air.

/I’ll give you 20 minutes, and the medics will cart you away for alcohol poisoning

Paul-Cincy on January 28, 2014 at 8:55 PM

uncommon sense on January 28, 2014 at 8:54 PM

I normally drink Irish cream-but I wanted to try something different…and cheap. Coulda made myself a white Russian.

annoyinglittletwerp on January 28, 2014 at 8:56 PM

I’ve run out of wine before the speech starts. This is not good.

Meric1837 on January 28, 2014 at 8:56 PM

What time do they do the two minutes hate? I love that part.

Lost in Jersey on January 28, 2014 at 8:56 PM

That’s a good one, better than anything Zero will emit.

Who is John Galt on January 28, 2014 at 8:56 PM

listens2glenn on January 28, 2014 at 8:52 PM

The study is taught by nuns.

annoyinglittletwerp on January 28, 2014 at 8:56 PM

When has Obama attempted to persuade anyone of anything? Ever?

Related question … what GOOD is he?

Paul-Cincy on January 28, 2014 at 8:53 PM

Yeah, uh, the Cairo Speech? There hasn’t been one violent death in the mideast since Dog Eater uttered those unforgettable words of…of…ok I can’t recall any right now but they were unforgettable.

So piss off, homophobe.

Bishop on January 28, 2014 at 8:56 PM

What time do they do the two minutes hate? I love that part.

Lost in Jersey on January 28, 2014 at 8:56 PM

Usually the meat of it, in the middle. Listen for gays, women, gender, face, income inequality, LBGT …

/what am I saying. That’s a half an hour right there

Paul-Cincy on January 28, 2014 at 8:57 PM

What’s the timeline for him being late?

Barred on January 28, 2014 at 8:45 PM

Barred:)

US State of the Union address 2014
5m
Pres. Obama arrives at Capitol Building for State of the Union address – @markknoller

canopfor on January 28, 2014 at 8:57 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on January 28, 2014 at 8:50 PM

Just say ever since the SOTU came on you’ve had this tremendous headache….

viking01 on January 28, 2014 at 8:57 PM

“I’ve used my pen to order the construction of special camps in the east.”

WHAT????

Bishop on January 28, 2014 at 8:43 PM

“And I’ve got a phone to direct the drones that’ll round up the Teabag Terrorists. I’m good at killing people.”

ShainS on January 28, 2014 at 8:57 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on January 28, 2014 at 8:56 PM

I know I don’t have enough ingredients to keep making side cars tonight, so I’ll make do with a few beers LOL!

uncommon sense on January 28, 2014 at 8:58 PM

The Demise of Darwin:

The Fate of Darwinism: Evolution After the Modern Synthesis

Abstract

We trace the history of the Modern Evolutionary Synthesis, and of genetic Darwinism generally, with a view to showing why, even in its current versions, it can no longer serve as a general framework for evolutionary theory. The main reason is empirical. Genetical Darwinism cannot accommodate the role of development (and of genes in development) in many evolutionary processes. We go on to discuss two conceptual issues: whether natural selection can be the “creative factor” in a new, more general framework for evolutionary theorizing; and whether in such a framework organisms must be conceived as self-organizing systems embedded in self-organizing ecological systems.

(This one of those “prestigious peer-reviewed” publications the evolutionists are always talking about.)

davidk on January 28, 2014 at 8:58 PM

Glad I am at work and not near a TV. Of course, if I were home, the TV would be off anyway.

PatriotGal2257 on January 28, 2014 at 8:58 PM

It’s so mch better watching these things on C-Span2 instead of all the other outlets with the endless chatter of talking heads.

JetBoy on January 28, 2014 at 8:58 PM

Bishop will never read this…

Seven Percent Solution on January 28, 2014 at 8:59 PM

Paul-Cincy on January 28, 2014 at 8:57 PM

“face”? WTF? I guess that’s “race” :/

Paul-Cincy on January 28, 2014 at 8:59 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on January 28, 2014 at 8:56 PM

What a wimp o_O

;)

JetBoy on January 28, 2014 at 8:59 PM

JetBoy on January 28, 2014 at 8:58 PM

That comment was pretty gay.

Bishop on January 28, 2014 at 8:59 PM

Uh … no. barky tells more lies and idiotic falsehoods in every SOTU speech he gives than all of the SOTU speeches given before him, together. Further, Barky is about the only one who uses his SOTU speech to attack everyone around and try to berate and intimidate the SCOTASS (not that Barky ever really needed to with Benedict Roberts running that Indonesian-worshipping, America-hating lunatic asylum).

Nothing Barky does is fairly comparable to anyone before, just as Barky’s 84 IQ and total lack of knowledge is incomparable to any before him. Barky is in his own league – a retarded, third-world, inept, incompetent, malevolent, affirmative action sort of league.

Nothing is sadder than seeing people lose track of how radically anti-American Barky is and how he has perverted and destroyed everything he has set his cross-eyed gaze on. Barky is not just another leftist douche in the White House. Barky is a true third-world retard who has no connections to America, whatsoever. And, as time goes on, more and more people are taken in with the insane notion that “he’s no different than any of ‘the other Presidents on the dollar bills’”. WTFF?

This is why we need a national divorce. Urgently.

As to Barky’s SOTU, I’m not bothering with it. I listened to enough of his 3rd grade speechifying and lying to know what he’ll be BSing about and who he’ll be accusing of treason against the American Socialist Superstate. Nothing new for Barky, and it will be as distinctly un-American and as different from any other SOTU speech as all of Barky’s other pathetic SOTUs were.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on January 28, 2014 at 9:00 PM

Every time Obama says “I”…*drink*.

I dare ya..:)

idesign on January 28, 2014 at 9:01 PM

Worst president ever.

Hey Libtards he is not a Messiah. Idiots.

SparkPlug on January 28, 2014 at 9:01 PM

You know how you can tell this sob has never had a real job?

He wouldn’t know punctuality if it ran up and kicked him in the nuts.

JAGonzo on January 28, 2014 at 9:01 PM

“I promise you this, that and the other thing.”

- Gilligan’s Island ‘Little Dictator’ episode. (Can’t find the clip)

WhatSlushfund on January 28, 2014 at 9:01 PM

relax …we have more than 1000 days to go…hangs head
HT canopfor

then what,, 2900 some days of Hillary??…
im going to grab a bottle of scotch…and draw over there..>>>

going2mars on January 28, 2014 at 9:01 PM

47 minutes ago Dana Bash
Reid will allow vote on Democratic-backed Obamacare changes

“If there are things we can do to improve the bill, we should do it,” Reid told Bash during an interview in his office. “There’s a group of senators, 2014ers we call them, who are coming up with different proposals. I’m meeting with them some this week and individually.”

Reid would not specify certain changes he would make, telling Bash that while there are “five or six really substantive proposals,” one suggestion is to “lump them all together.”

“I don’t think that would be a best way to do it,” said the majority leader. “I think the best way to do it would be to do them one at a time, and that’s all we’re working on now.”

kcewa on January 28, 2014 at 9:01 PM

Results for #SOTU

canopfor on January 28, 2014 at 9:01 PM

JetBoy on January 28, 2014 at 8:58 PM

Husband is upstairs watching Zombies.
If I decide to live steam this joke, I’ll be downstairs…watching zombies.
*Spawn’s watching it w/ his Young Conservative group on campus.*

annoyinglittletwerp on January 28, 2014 at 9:01 PM

white Russian.

annoyinglittletwerp on January 28, 2014 at 8:56 PM

I do believe that is a dog whistle, or some such. According to Chris Matthews anyway :-)

uncommon sense on January 28, 2014 at 9:02 PM

That comment was pretty gay.

Bishop on January 28, 2014 at 8:59 PM

I resemble that remark…

JetBoy on January 28, 2014 at 9:02 PM

Obama has to be bored to death, saying the same crap he’s been saying for 5 years now.

/Seriously.

Paul-Cincy on January 28, 2014 at 9:02 PM

Husband is upstairs watching Zombies.
If I decide to live steam this joke, I’ll be downstairs…watching zombies.
*Spawn’s watching it w/ his Young Conservative group on campus.*

annoyinglittletwerp on January 28, 2014 at 9:01 PM

I never got into that show…everyone I know watches it tho.

JetBoy on January 28, 2014 at 9:02 PM

“I’ve used my pen to order the construction of special camps in the east.”

WHAT????

Bishop on January 28, 2014 at 8:43 PM

ShainS on January 28, 2014 at 8:57 PM

davidk on January 28, 2014 at 9:02 PM

JetBoy on January 28, 2014 at 8:59 PM
2 drinks and I’m out like a light.

annoyinglittletwerp on January 28, 2014 at 9:02 PM

ObamaCare. Because liberal idiots yearn to control your. life because they already FUBARD theirs.

SparkPlug on January 28, 2014 at 9:03 PM

OK. You all are watching the STFU address? I’m watching Hogan’s Heroes.

Lanceman on January 28, 2014 at 9:03 PM

Don’t have any interest in what the g&%damn Lyin King has to say.The old lady is going to watch it but I choose to cruise the internet.Will check in afterwards.

jeffinsjvca on January 28, 2014 at 9:03 PM

Lawless Criminals should be doing the perp walk…

Seven Percent Solution on January 28, 2014 at 9:03 PM

My word for the day is OBAMU.

obamu
(v.) To ignore inexpedient and inconvenient facts or realities, think “Yes we can, Yes we can,” and proceed with optimism using those facts as an inspiration (literally, as fuel). It is used to elicit success in a personal endeavor. One explanation holds that it is the opposite of kobamu. (which means to refuse, reject, or oppose).
Hey, why are you so down in the dumps? Obamu!
by M.KeyserSoze October 20, 2009

Perhaps if we all ignore reality and chant OBAMU! OBAMU! OBAMU!, we will have a better understanding of the alternate universe that the liberals inhabit.

wren on January 28, 2014 at 9:03 PM

“Good evening. There’s a few more seats down in front here by Justice Roberts. Their only $15, but there’s a huge TAX”

Rovin on January 28, 2014 at 9:04 PM

I resemble that remark…

JetBoy on January 28, 2014 at 9:02 PM

JetBoy:Good to see ya JB:)

canopfor on January 28, 2014 at 9:04 PM

ICE Union Boss Urges GOP: Don’t Ignore Immigration Officers

The people who see it everyday are being kicked to the curb while illegals are given the spa treatment.

It will happen tonight: Dog Eater lays out his plan to enact amnesty.

Bishop on January 28, 2014 at 9:04 PM

Gotta go wash the gunk(color) outta my hair. BRB.

annoyinglittletwerp on January 28, 2014 at 9:05 PM

- Gilligan’s Island ‘Little Dictator’ episode. (Can’t find the clip)

WhatSlushfund on January 28, 2014 at 9:01 PM

El Presidente.

Lanceman on January 28, 2014 at 9:05 PM

2 drinks and I will be try to get a couple of smooches from somebody.

SparkPlug on January 28, 2014 at 9:05 PM

Who put the gunk in Twerps hair?

SparkPlug on January 28, 2014 at 9:06 PM

It will happen tonight: Dog Eater lays out his plan to enact amnesty.

Bishop on January 28, 2014 at 9:04 PM

And the excrement eating cockroaches of the Republican party find more sustenance and are happy.

oldroy on January 28, 2014 at 9:07 PM

If you were a cheese what kind of cheese would you be.

Bishop on January 28, 2014 at 9:07 PM

Do not watch or listen to this most incompetent fool speech… Do not give him any ratings…

mnjg on January 28, 2014 at 9:07 PM

2 drinks and I will be try to get a couple of smooches from somebody.

SparkPlug on January 28, 2014 at 9:05 PM

Hi SparkPlug. 4 drinks and I hope you aren’t sitting next to a mirror :0

uncommon sense on January 28, 2014 at 9:08 PM

I thought they were already constructed.

listens2glenn on January 28, 2014 at 8:45 PM

Bishop on January 28, 2014 at 8:53 PM

Yeah, I’ll bet your bags are packed . . . . . . with Comp-5 !

listens2glenn on January 28, 2014 at 9:08 PM

President Obama always wanted the speech to “sing,” as he put it.

So:

Is it auto-tuned or lip-synched?

arik1969 on January 28, 2014 at 9:08 PM

So who is the non hetero? Who?

SparkPlug on January 28, 2014 at 9:08 PM

So much fail in one room..

Makes me need another beer.

4 justices present. You know which.

wolly4321 on January 28, 2014 at 9:08 PM

If you were a cheese what kind of cheese would you be.

Bishop on January 28, 2014 at 9:07 PM

Smoked something with a rind.

oldroy on January 28, 2014 at 9:08 PM

Photo: First Lady Michelle Obama arrives at her seat at State of the Union address – @CNN via @NYDNPolitics

canopfor on January 28, 2014 at 9:08 PM

If you were a cheese what kind of cheese would you be.

Bishop on January 28, 2014 at 9:07 PM

Our current leader would be cheese whiz :)

uncommon sense on January 28, 2014 at 9:09 PM

JetBoy:Good to see ya JB:)

canopfor on January 28, 2014 at 9:04 PM

*tips hat*

I see Obama is late to his own party again.

JetBoy on January 28, 2014 at 9:09 PM