Schumer: Ted Cruz hating on Obama’s policies is a lot like “Alice in Wonderland”

posted at 1:21 pm on January 27, 2014 by Erika Johnsen

I would agree that somebody is certainly wandering around in the deserts of a political fantasyland — but it ain’t the Republicans. Democrats like Schumer seem so absurdly convinced that Obama’s policies really would have worked better, if only Republicans would have cooperated and allowed Democrats to implement even more of them — because ObamaCare, and Dodd-Frank, and stimulus packages, and endless regulatory rulemaking have all been so wildly effective in turning the economic recession into the Longest “Recovery” Ever, isn’t it a shame we don’t have more of that? Via RCP:

Well, a lot of it, sort of “Alice in Wonderland.” He says the president’s policies haven’t worked, but he hasn’t let them go in to affect. He’s blocked just about every one. And I would say this, I have good news on the debt ceiling. … I do not believe that Republican leaders will follow Ted Cruz over the cliff once again. I believe we will pass a clean debt ceiling. That makes sense. We don’t want to risk full faith and credit. We can debate all these other issues at a different time and place, but I think they learned their lesson with the government shut down. Not only did Tea Party ratings plummet, but so did Republican Party ratings, and I think there’s a new way of thinking in the Senate and the House among Republicans so that we can get more done in 2014 than we did in 2013. They are not just going to mindlessly follow Ted Cruz and the Republicans over the cliff into this hard-line position, unless we get our way, we’re going to hurt innocent people whether by shutting down the government or not renewing the full faith and credit of the United States.

…Never mind, I suppose, that Democrats comprise half of this compromise-equation, but that they themselves are insisting that they get their way by taking a “hard-line position” on getting a clean debt-ceiling hike and are really the ones “hurting innocent people” in the first place by pushing for policies that consistently accelerate the pace at which the United States approaches its debt ceiling without any real attempts to address those unsustainable spending levels.

And speaking of Sen. Chuck Schumer, Tim Carney has a cringe-worthy damnation of his corruptocratic tendencies over at the Washington Examiner. Burn.

Comments

“During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act” –George Orwell

Schadenfreude on January 27, 2014 at 1:25 PM

Swine Schumer, with deep apologies to clean swine, calls the Koch Brothers “plutocrats” but gives all the Google/Apple/Microsoft/Soros/etc. leftist patrons a break.

Pinocchio doesn’t have a nose long enough for this charlatanic thug.

Schadenfreude on January 27, 2014 at 1:27 PM

HA, wake up already.

Schadenfreude on January 27, 2014 at 1:28 PM

That would be “psychological projection” on the part of the Dems — accusing others of what they themselves are guilty of. It’s dishonest, irritating, harmful. It’s what they do.

Paul-Cincy on January 27, 2014 at 1:28 PM

Funny! Wrong film I think Chuck. Say isn’t that you in the middle.

Bmore on January 27, 2014 at 1:31 PM

Oh, where do I start? First of all, Chuck U, you do realize that Ted Cruz has been in the Senate since January 2013, right? Obama had a full 4 years to implement his policies before Cruz ever got to DC. Oh, and last time I checked, Cruz is a member of the MINORITY caucus in the Senate. He doesn’t the ability to block anything on his own.

Secondly, what has Obama tried to put forth that hasn’t been implemented? Porkulus? He got it. Obamacare? He got it. The Omnibus bill? He got it. Every debt ceiling hike he’s ever demanded? He got those too. Cuts to the military? Yep, got those. Repeal of the Bush tax cuts for top income earners? Damn straight he got those. Extensions to unemployment benefits? Got em. Expansion of food stamps? Uh huh. Continuing resolutions? You know the answer.

About the only major pieces of legislation Obama hasn’t gotten passed were ones that the Dems never had the stones to bring up for a vote. Namely, card check, crap-and-betrayed(it passed the House, but Reid buried it), and amnesty.

Doughboy on January 27, 2014 at 1:31 PM

Offer to “cleanly” raise the ceiling to $100 trillion and see if the ‘rats balk, then ask them why, are they delusional or something because we have national bills to pay.

Bishop on January 27, 2014 at 1:34 PM

The only thing missing from that photo are the horns coming out of his head.

Bitter Clinger on January 27, 2014 at 1:35 PM

Balderdash! The establishment Republicans have been equally eager to do whatever the heck Dems demand. Because standing for principle would be mean or something.

Cruz/West 2016!

Happy Nomad on January 27, 2014 at 1:35 PM

C’mon, Erika. Now you’re just making sense.

Bitter Clinger on January 27, 2014 at 1:38 PM

Why does Shumer (with that sh*t eating grin) always
remind me of “Angel” from the Rockford Files??

Total F*king scumbag.

ToddPA on January 27, 2014 at 1:39 PM

Imagine if Laura Bush would do this. The thugs in the media would go nuts.

First lady Michelle Obama is seeking $10 donations to protect Obamacare, her husband’s troubled health insurance system.

Just one day before he gives the annual State of the Union address, the first lady sent out a fundraising email to supporters hoping to use the speech to prompt donations to help Democrats in the midterm elections this fall.

Schadenfreude on January 27, 2014 at 1:40 PM

I believe we will pass a clean debt ceiling. That makes sense.

Only in the warped mind of a Democrat politician does endless deficit spending make sense.

UltimateBob on January 27, 2014 at 1:40 PM

Why does Shumer (with that sh*t eating grin) always
remind me of “Angel” from the Rockford Files??

Total F*king scumbag.

ToddPA on January 27, 2014 at 1:39 PM

I always thought he looked like Grandpa Munster.

CurtZHP on January 27, 2014 at 1:45 PM

Cruz/West 2016!

Happy Nomad on January 27, 2014 at 1:35 PM

Please…. no more beltway insiders…. from either party.

I’d rather see Scott Walker or some other governor run for President.

UltimateBob on January 27, 2014 at 1:45 PM

The lies by the Fascist-Democrats are just getting more and more brazen.

rbj on January 27, 2014 at 1:47 PM

Yep, just as I suspected. Definitely Chuck.

Bmore on January 27, 2014 at 1:48 PM

What exactly has Cruz actually blocked?
Have the Republicans had control of the Senate at ANY time during this fascist regime?
If not, how could Cruz have blocked anything?

dentarthurdent on January 27, 2014 at 1:48 PM

Why does Shumer (with that sh*t eating grin) always
remind me of “Angel” from the Rockford Files??

Total F*king scumbag.

ToddPA on January 27, 2014 at 1:39 PM

Angel is an angel compared to Schumner.

(And thanks for that reference from one of my favorite shows from childhood. Man, I’m getting old.)

Bitter Clinger on January 27, 2014 at 1:49 PM

It’s amazing that they can lie so blatantly and get away with it. L.I.B.

GWB on January 27, 2014 at 1:50 PM

What exactly has Cruz actually blocked?
If not, how could Cruz have blocked anything?

dentarthurdent on January 27, 2014 at 1:48 PM

Since when has Schumer told the truth about anything?

Doesn’t matter because the LIVs are too busy worrying about Bieber to know any different.

Bitter Clinger on January 27, 2014 at 1:51 PM

Yep, just as I suspected. Definitely Chuck.

Bmore on January 27, 2014 at 1:48 PM

Too good – what a talent you are!

Schadenfreude on January 27, 2014 at 1:51 PM

I always thought he looked like Grandpa Munster.

CurtZHP on January 27, 2014 at 1:45 PM

Look wise, I agree.

my comparison was for Slimyness….

ToddPA on January 27, 2014 at 1:52 PM

I always thought he looked like Grandpa Munster.
CurtZHP on January 27, 2014 at 1:45 PM

Who, coincidentally, was a hard-core socialist lunatic too.

LegendHasIt on January 27, 2014 at 1:52 PM

Schadenfreude on January 27, 2014 at 1:51 PM

Ha! I don’t know about all that but not bad for a 10 minute quickie if I do say so myself. ; )

Bmore on January 27, 2014 at 1:54 PM

Cruz/West 2016!

Happy Nomad on January 27, 2014 at 1:35 PM

Please…. no more beltway insiders…. from either party.

I’d rather see Scott Walker or some other governor run for President.

UltimateBob on January 27, 2014 at 1:45 PM

As long as it’s Cruz/Palin. And he’d do it, too.

Paul-Cincy on January 27, 2014 at 1:56 PM

Since when has Schumer told the truth about anything?
Bitter Clinger on January 27, 2014 at 1:51 PM

Truth is in the eye of the liar – I guess….

Good cartoon on Townhall regarding the media and Bieber.

dentarthurdent on January 27, 2014 at 1:56 PM

Okay that grin totally reminds me of the Grinch

gophergirl on January 27, 2014 at 1:56 PM

gophergirl on January 27, 2014 at 1:56 PM

The Grinch you say? Hmmmm………..

Bmore on January 27, 2014 at 1:58 PM

Okay that grin totally reminds me of the Grinch

gophergirl on January 27, 2014 at 1:56 PM

Except that I found the Grinch to be an engaging and likeable character, right up until he succumbed to socail convention and…..

dentarthurdent on January 27, 2014 at 1:59 PM

Does anyone else think the front page pic makes it look like Schumer is going to kill batman?

Gatsu on January 27, 2014 at 2:00 PM

That photo is a good example of why I’ve started calling him Senator Smarmy rather than Chuck U.

Drained Brain on January 27, 2014 at 2:02 PM

here you go gang….back in the day, these guys were
jokers…now they’re running the Country.

ToddPA on January 27, 2014 at 2:03 PM

Schadenfreude on January 27, 2014 at 1:25 PM

I immediately thought of the Air Force saying:

“You know you’re over the target when you start taking flak.”

Fallon on January 27, 2014 at 2:04 PM

Wait a minute…

Chuckie can crap on the Tea Party but we can’t crap on democrats?

Oh OK…..

redguy on January 27, 2014 at 2:08 PM

Evil clown Schumer is Malice in Wonderland.

Marxism is for dummies on January 27, 2014 at 2:11 PM

how can you look at that BOZO and not say to yourself:

DEMENTED

SDarchitect on January 27, 2014 at 2:13 PM

Drained Brain on January 27, 2014 at 2:02 PM

More like Schmuck Choomer. He has to be loaded to spout the irrational garbage he does.

NOMOBO on January 27, 2014 at 2:13 PM

Most dangerous place in the world? Between Chucky Schumer and a camera.

cat-scratch on January 27, 2014 at 2:14 PM

A real quicky gg. Hmmm…. Must get back to work. ; )

Bmore on January 27, 2014 at 2:15 PM

From the monster who wants to tag autistic kids with tracking devices as if they’re cattle.

F U Schumer.

jawkneemusic on January 27, 2014 at 2:21 PM

how can you look at that BOZO and not say to yourself:

DEMENTED

SDarchitect on January 27, 2014 at 2:13 PM

I see evil. When I see Schumber, Reid, Leahy, and some others in the senate I say to myself where’s Father Damian Karras when you need him?

Kataklysmic on January 27, 2014 at 2:23 PM

Chuckie…..you’re a slimeball.

kjatexas on January 27, 2014 at 2:30 PM

A real quicky gg. Hmmm…. Must get back to work. ; )

Bmore on January 27, 2014 at 2:15 PM

EWWWW

I was thinking of this smile (sorry work doesn’t allow pop up screens)

gophergirl on January 27, 2014 at 2:30 PM

Tea Party ratings are down? What does that even mean?

Kevin R on January 27, 2014 at 2:30 PM

Is it me, or does evil just ooze out of his face?

John the Libertarian on January 27, 2014 at 2:34 PM

gophergirl on January 27, 2014 at 2:30 PM

Lolz! I’ll see what I can do after hours. ; )

Bmore on January 27, 2014 at 2:36 PM

Chuck Schumer: ” We don’t want to risk full faith and credit. ”

Uh huh like running up the debt and printing monopoly money to pay it off, isn’t risking US full faith and credit.

kjatexas on January 27, 2014 at 2:36 PM

Chuckie Scummer has been in the closet for quite a while now…who let him out? He’s so full of crazy sh1t this week, it’s like he just got out of school for recess.

Jaibones on January 27, 2014 at 2:42 PM

Is it me, or does evil just ooze out of his face?

John the Libertarian on January 27, 2014 at 2:34 PM

He reminds me of Clinton in that way. You look at him and just laugh … he’s so transparently slimy, you wonder how anyone could ever take him seriously.

Jaibones on January 27, 2014 at 2:44 PM

He reminds me of mr. Howel.

newportmike on January 27, 2014 at 2:46 PM

Shumer has more of a Senator Palpatine vibe in my book, IMHO.

dissent555 on January 27, 2014 at 2:52 PM

Is it me, or does evil just ooze out of his face?

John the Libertarian on January 27, 2014 at 2:34 PM

It’s not just you. I’ve been convinced this imp is evil incarnate.

jawkneemusic on January 27, 2014 at 3:22 PM

Dorian Gray had the portrait hidden in his attic. Chuck Schumer is face in the portrait.

Kevin R on January 27, 2014 at 3:37 PM

Schumer, the perfect example of why we need term limits.

sadatoni on January 27, 2014 at 3:53 PM

Chuck U proves once again that liberalism is a mental disorder.

Ta111 on January 27, 2014 at 4:47 PM

Democrats like Schumer appear to have a different reality than the rest of us.

And people think Nancy Pelosi has mental health problems.

GarandFan on January 27, 2014 at 5:19 PM

Which policy of Obama’s has Ted Cruz blocked?

talkingpoints on January 27, 2014 at 7:14 PM

..Phuck Chuck!

KOOLAID2 on January 27, 2014 at 10:58 PM

I have another word for this loathsome cretin..but, if I use it, I risk getting kicked off HotAir..so it not worth it…talk amongst yourselves!!!!

Xango Annie on January 28, 2014 at 1:55 AM