John McCain: I’m pulling for the Broncos because I don’t like that “loudmouth” from Seattle

posted at 8:01 pm on January 22, 2014 by Allahpundit

A must-post, for three reasons. One: We badly need a palate cleanser and Shermanmania remains in full swing among the media. His pre-Super Bowl press appearance this afternoon was actually carried live on some cable news nets. Two: The irony of Maverick, of all people, dumping on a guy for belligerently shooting his mouth off is too sweet to go unmentioned. Didn’t he once drop the F-bomb on a fellow Republican for not being as pro-amnesty as he would have liked? C’mon. Three: This is an opportunity to see how deep McCain-hatred among conservative blog readers runs. Is J-Mac’s irritation at Richard Sherman enough by itself to convert some HA readers into Seahawks fans for the big game?

I’ve gotta admit, I’m starting to lean that way.

Arizona’s senior senator made sure to call out the Seattle Seahawks’ trash-talking cornerback Richard Sherman as a “loudmouth” and underscored his grudge against the Los Angeles Dodgers.

McCain said he was picking Peyton Manning’s Denver Broncos over Sherman’s Seahawks in the Super Bowl.

“I think Denver. You know, everybody is such a Manning fan,” McCain told KFYI radio. ”That loudmouth from Seattle sort of epitomizes the Seattle team to me. … I’m sure I’m going to get in trouble for that one, too.”

McCain for the prosecution, Mary Katharine Ham for the defense:

Exactly. The post-game interview was poor sportsmanship but it was, as far as I’ve seen, an aberration. Sherman’s low-key and charming in most of his media hits, the occasional “I’m better than you” taunt at Skip Bayless notwithstanding — and frankly, I don’t want to live in a world where a man can’t taunt Skip Bayless. His point at today’s pre-game presser about “thugs” and hockey players was both funny and true. As it turns out, his jersey’s now the 10th-biggest seller among NFL players, and among defensive players specifically, he’s number one. Normally I’d assume that’s a function of people having watched the interview with Erin Andrews and wanting to emulate him as a tough-talking bad-ass, but I think the effect MKH describes of finding Sherman a tremendous player and an engaging person is playing into it too. I get a bit of a Charles Barkley vibe from him. Unpredictable, occasionally irritating, but hard not to like.

Here he is telling CNN that it was immature to attack Crabtree the way he did in the interview.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

McCain will enjoy another loss.

portlandon on January 22, 2014 at 8:04 PM

McCain’s comfortable with shiny objects but just don’t make any loud noises near him or he’ll freakout. Again.

Lourdes on January 22, 2014 at 8:04 PM

Heh. The man has strong convictions…

Dr. ZhivBlago on January 22, 2014 at 8:05 PM

Oddly enough, I feel the same way about that loud mouth from Arizona. You remember him best, I’m sure, as the man who famously assured America we had nothing to fear from an Obama presidency.

MTF on January 22, 2014 at 8:06 PM

Guess that means I’m rooting for Seattle.

Blake on January 22, 2014 at 8:07 PM

PS. Richard Sherman made adrenaline fueled comments after nailing the coffin shut on a very close game. Everyone should celebrate his accomplishment and let the crowing go by the wayside, in my view anyway. Great job Sherman!

MTF on January 22, 2014 at 8:08 PM

No (speaking strictly for me).

nobar on January 22, 2014 at 8:08 PM

Dude’s a warrior of sorts. Just got off the “battlefield” after a major effort. Kicked A$$ and ranted on an adrenaline high. Not a big deal, but I guess the Senators need more to talk about.

GO HAWKS!

WitchDoctor on January 22, 2014 at 8:08 PM

OK I was betting Manning would lose in the cold and wind of New Jersey, NOW I’m really pulling for him to lose.

Anyone McCain if FOR, I have to be very careful, but they get a second look from me…

Kinda like Joe Biden.

JFKY on January 22, 2014 at 8:09 PM

I have gone from indifference to rooting loudly and obnoxiously for the Seahawks.

NotCoach on January 22, 2014 at 8:09 PM

The day Allah “played the race card.” I may faint. Between this and Glenn Beck admitting the left was right about him all along, I have to wonder what is going on in conservative blogging.

libfreeordie on January 22, 2014 at 8:10 PM

Even a broken clock is right twice per day.

Wino on January 22, 2014 at 8:10 PM

Just think, sometime before the game we might – maybe – get some analysis on some actual football, the actual upcoming game instead of Sherman’s ego or the newest pot tie-in.

catmman on January 22, 2014 at 8:10 PM

As long as there isn’t a Dennis Rodman vibe from him.

Wethal on January 22, 2014 at 8:11 PM

libfreeordie on January 22, 2014 at 8:10 PM

How about a trifecta and you respond to the following?

Here’s a simple question for you. Which of the founding fathers did not subscribe to the communitarian ethos Calhoun deploys to rationalize slavery? *sets sundial*

libfreeordie on August 21, 2013 at 9:30 AM

None. They weren’t nascent Commies like John C. Calhoun, and full blown Commies like you. Don’t you think you need to provide some proof for such a ridiculous smear there Mr. Calhoun? You’re a history perfesser, right?

NotCoach on August 21, 2013 at 9:36 AM

Oh dear God….hold on, give me 10 minutes.

libfreeordie on August 21, 2013 at 9:45 AM

NotCoach on January 22, 2014 at 8:11 PM

I gotta go with Peyton Manning despite the John McCain endorsement of the Broncos. I won’t hold that against Denver.

Happy Nomad on January 22, 2014 at 8:12 PM

AND GET OFF MY LAWN YOU G—— KIDS !

M240H on January 22, 2014 at 8:13 PM

McCain is a racist !

burrata on January 22, 2014 at 8:14 PM

Hey John- how about a nice hot cup of STFU? You’re continuing to reveal your ignorance on soooooo many fronts.

Scotsman on January 22, 2014 at 8:14 PM

I like Tom Brady…..could care less about the SB.

I’m just watching to see how raunchy the commercials and how deviant the SKAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYNK Old Black Chili Peppers have become.

Nasty.

Culturegeddon marches on.

PappyD61 on January 22, 2014 at 8:15 PM

I was really pulling for Manning and the Broncos, but now that Finger-in-the-Wind McVain has chimed in against Sherman, hell, I may just have to go Seattle on this one.

Like MKH, this imbroglio has caused me to do a little study on Sherman and must say he’s quite impressive. Knows football, and not a bad writer. While to some, like McVain, Sherman may have had a Howard Dean moment, the guy’s a lot deeper than McVain and his ilk.

TXUS on January 22, 2014 at 8:16 PM

“My friends across the scrimmage line…”

What next McVain? A Gang of Two?

viking01 on January 22, 2014 at 8:17 PM

Wow. Should I root for Seattle because of McCain?

Nah, I’m not a petty dbag like him.

Staying neutral and hoping for a good game.

22044 on January 22, 2014 at 8:18 PM

Crud. I was pulling for Peyton but now I’m going to have to lean Seahawks. I’ve no problem with Sherman’s rant, it’s much more interesting than the typical bland statements (and the now tiresome “I’m going to Disneyworld”).

rbj on January 22, 2014 at 8:18 PM

As a Cardinals fan (yeah, we exist) I’m going for the Broncos to win. Got to see the Niners lose the big game last year and cry so want to see the Seachicken fans cry this year. Why McCain didn’t just say “since Seattle is a rival to my local team the Cardinals I’ll be rooting for the Broncos” I’ll never know. But then again, a lot of what McCain does lately confuses me.

nextgen_repub on January 22, 2014 at 8:21 PM

libfreeordie on January 22, 2014 at 8:10 PM

White thugs don’t exist? If they do, then how did AP play the race card? No, Gleen didn’t admit to “being a huckster” (your words), so that’s fail 2. And fail #3 comes in your inabilty to realize that Salem calls all the shots (not a conservative organization, see comments on the inevitable death of Twitchy).

nobar on January 22, 2014 at 8:23 PM

…is there a place where I have to sign up!

KOOLAID2 on January 22, 2014 at 8:23 PM

Mccain doesn’t like seeing things batted out of the sky.

wolly4321 on January 22, 2014 at 8:24 PM

libfreeorgan on January 22, 2014 at 8:10 PM

…shut-up you dumb shit!…you’re already at the Senator Senile stage…and you have years to go yet!

KOOLAID2 on January 22, 2014 at 8:27 PM

A top advisor to Egypt’s Interim President Adly Mansour formally accused McCain of distorting facts to the benefit of the Brotherhood. He
dismissed McCain’s recent remarks as “irrational” and “moronic.” Ahmed al-Zind, head of the Egyptian Judge Club, has called for the arrest and trial of McCain for “trying to destroy Egypt.” The leader of the youth movement Tamarod (meaning “Rebellion,” against the Brotherhood), which played a major role in mobilizing the June 30 revolution, said: “We reject John McCain and call on the international community to let the [Egyptian] people decide their own fate.”

Secular political commentator Ahmed Musa asserted:

These two men have made more shameless demands than the Brotherhood themselves would dare. [McCain] is not a man elected by the American people to speak on their behalf; today, he speaks on behalf of an armed terrorist organization — the Muslim Brotherhood. … We had expected [better] from these two men who came to speak with the tongue of the Brotherhood’s leadership, as if they had been recruited as two new leaders of the Brotherhood, which killed, destroyed, and burned in al-Muqattam, and now
in Rab‘a al-Adawiya [the main Brotherhood militant camp]. The only thing missing is to see them in Rab‘a, surrounded by armed groups, and in their midst Muhammad Badie [supreme leader of the Brotherhood] and [U.S. Ambassador] Anne Patterson. That’s all that’s missing! Here comes
Brother McCain today saying that we must “release the [Brotherhood]
prisoners”.

Are you not aware that these people are accused of murder? Are you
not aware that hundreds of Egyptians have been killed at the hands of
the Brotherhood, Morsi, Shatter, Qatatni, Badie, Baltagi — have you
forgotten? Did you not read the report on what happened? Or did you just
blindly accept your ambassador’s words that it was a coup, that 33
million people did not go out?

Further angering Egyptians is McCain’s insistence that all arrested
Brotherhood members and other Islamists be released from prison. As Musa
said, McCain’s stance does not address that Brotherhood leadership is
awaiting trial on serious charges: inciting terrorism, causing the murder of Egyptians, and grand treason by conspiring with foreign powers against Egypt’s interests.

Egyptian media has also pointed out that McCain repeatedly dodged critical questions by Egyptian journalists at a press conference. When asked about the fact that the Brotherhood in Rab‘a was armed to the teeth, and — with the aid of al-Qaeda — was killing and terrorizing innocent Egyptians, McCain
ignored the question. (Similarly, McCain has not answered as to why he
is supports the jihadist rebellion in Syria, which has seen the slaughter and displacement of thousands of Christians, beheadings, and “legitimized rapes” by foreign jihadis. McCain is in favor of arming them.)

Many Egyptians are also wondering why McCain — as well as the Obama
administration — is pushing for elections as soon as possible. Such a
rush contributed to the empowerment of the Brotherhood in the first
place: once the long-entrenched Mubarak was removed from power, the only
party that was organized and ready to campaign was the Brotherhood.
Secular Egyptian parties wanted to postpone the 2012 elections in order
to mobilize their campaigns, but the U.S. was adamant that Egypt hold
elections immediately. When the military wished to perform a recount,
citing irregularities in the elections — including widespread
allegations of voter fraud by the Brotherhood — Hillary Clinton
chastised them and called for a winner to be declared as soon as
possible.
This turned out to be Morsi, by a tiny margin — if that.

McCain’s remarks and actions in Egypt have further confirmed the
popular narrative — as memorably displayed by countless anti-Brotherhood and anti-Obama placards raised during the June 30 revolution — that
U.S. leadership is aligned with the Brotherhood, and thus ultimately a supporter of terrorism. Americans can no longer afford to ignore this serious accusation with broad implications.

VorDaj on January 22, 2014 at 8:27 PM

I still think Denver’s offense will be too much for Seattle, and I loathe potheads, so I’m rooting -with much indifference- for Peyton to get his second ring and ride off into the sunset.

Besides, McCain is dead to me and dead men tell no tales.

BKeyser on January 22, 2014 at 8:28 PM

Well, I was in doubt for about half a second, and then I read MKH’s commentary, and quickly became a stalwart Broncos fan again.

Stoic Patriot on January 22, 2014 at 8:29 PM

RACIST!!!!!!!!!!

WisCon on January 22, 2014 at 8:30 PM

Thug

Murphy9 on January 22, 2014 at 8:31 PM

I’m pulling for the Cubs, Rangers, and Astros because I can’t stand football. What?

annoyinglittletwerp on January 22, 2014 at 8:32 PM

I still think Denver’s offense will be too much for Seattle,

The QB who is awful in the cold wind, Manning? Playing in that balmy stadium in East Rutherford, in FEBRUARY? That Offense? OK, but I wouldn’t bet too much on that.

JFKY on January 22, 2014 at 8:33 PM

I have too many friends who are overly annoying Seahawk fans to not root for their loss; that and my family are longtime residents of CO. So I’ll do what I usually do with McCain and put him on mute on this one.

Tacitus on January 22, 2014 at 8:34 PM

Go Seahawks!

terryannonline on January 22, 2014 at 8:34 PM

The day Allah “played the race card.” I may faint.

* * *
libfreeordie on January 22, 2014 at 8:10 PM

How is this situation even remotely about race? It’s not about race. It’s about whether McCain is a bigger jerk than Sherman.

TarheelBen on January 22, 2014 at 8:34 PM

John McCain woke up this morning and wondered “how can I hurt the Republican party today?” and decided on having a Strong Take that parodies and increases antipathy toward grumpy old white men.

HitNRun on January 22, 2014 at 8:35 PM

TarheelBen on January 22, 2014 at 8:34 PM

Allah described Sherman’s analysis on Hockey players and the word “thug” as accurate and funny. Here is Sherman’s full quote.

“The only reason it bothers me is because it seems like it’s the accepted way of calling somebody the N-word nowadays. Because they know. “There was a hockey game where they didn’t even play hockey, they just threw the puck aside and started fighting. I saw that, and said, ‘Oh man, I’m the thug? What’s going on here?’”"

Maybe Allah didn’t read the whole article he linked to…..but i doubt it since the racial part of Sherman’s quote is the headline….

libfreeordie on January 22, 2014 at 8:36 PM

Silly if it does…who cares what McCain thinks about anything?

That said, I’ve loved the odd backlash against the backlash we’ve seen on the Sherman thing. His post-game interview was ridiculous…not only does he not know how to win with class and grace, he’s made himself the focal point instead of the team. Of course, having that opinion, at least in some circles, now means you’re a racist or something.

changer1701 on January 22, 2014 at 8:37 PM

Didn’t like his rant but he come off well in this interview.

terryannonline on January 22, 2014 at 8:37 PM

Takes one to know one.

BTW Juan you have nothing to fear of the Seahawks as the NFL champions.

BBTW Juan Please kindly eat some poo.

jukin3 on January 22, 2014 at 8:39 PM

Don’t worry, if Sherman keeps up his unsportsmanlike garbage, like Verlander said an “enforcer” will take it upon himself to take care the clown and defend what little integrity remains in the game.

If y’all think it’s just an act, then why was he choking back tears of rage with both Bayless and Andrews? Sure, there’s plenty of reason not to like McCain or Bayless, but have some frickin’ standards, sports fans. That chod doesn’t pass the sniff (or PED) test.

Christien on January 22, 2014 at 8:40 PM

libfreeordie on January 22, 2014 at 8:36 PM

In your insipid little bubble again. But that’s not surprising.

22044 on January 22, 2014 at 8:41 PM

Says the,

Capt’n Queeg,..of the Mc……Cains Mutiny of 08″!!

canopfor on January 22, 2014 at 8:41 PM

y’know what I’m sayin’?

y’feelin’ me?

Murphy9 on January 22, 2014 at 8:41 PM

In your insipid little bubble again. But that’s not surprising.

22044 on January 22, 2014 at 8:41 PM

I guess that’s the bubble that comes from “clicking on links” and “reading interview transcripts.”

libfreeordie on January 22, 2014 at 8:42 PM

I watched the Sherman interview, and, yes, he is impressive.

But the question of racism here is a difficult one. Granted, Compton kids grow up in a different world than kids a few miles away in Beverly Hills.

But Sherman is a pro athlete, and sophisticated about post-game interviews. There’s simply a way you’re supposed to act. Not everybody can be like Federer this morning, but you can be civil, no matter what just happened, no matter what your emotions. And if you can’t be, then STFU.

To excuse Sherman’s behavior as anything less than ridiculous and totally self-indulgent is racist. Yes, we can appreciate him based on the follow-up interviews he’s done. But ultimately what he’s done is reinforce the worse of our white selves: you send them to Stanford, pay them millions of dollars, shower them with attention…and they still act like ani…

bobs1196 on January 22, 2014 at 8:42 PM

Mary Katherine, if you would look into Sherman’s character you will find that he’s a heckuva great guy. He’s just emotional about his job.

HiJack on January 22, 2014 at 8:43 PM

So according to Sherman, the word “thug” is a substitute for the N-word? Sheesh. “Thug” is NOT a racial term, I don’t care WHAT Sherman – or MSNBC – say.

TarheelBen on January 22, 2014 at 8:44 PM

No (speaking strictly for me).

nobar on January 22, 2014 at 8:08 PM

Hell no!

Vince on January 22, 2014 at 8:44 PM

bobs1196 on January 22, 2014 at 8:42 PM

So Sherman is supposed to monitor his behavior so it doesn’t trigger the prejudicial feelings of people like you, rather than demanding that people like you check the racist lens through which you view (and judge) him? Got it.

libfreeordie on January 22, 2014 at 8:44 PM

Straight outta Compton

Murphy9 on January 22, 2014 at 8:45 PM

TarheelBen on January 22, 2014 at 8:34 PM

No contest. McCain wins.

HiJack on January 22, 2014 at 8:46 PM

TarheelBen on January 22, 2014 at 8:44 PM

Exactly. That makes him a moron, a well-payed and athletic moron, but a moron still.

nobar on January 22, 2014 at 8:47 PM

libfreeordie on January 22, 2014 at 8:36 PM

Now listen, libdie, when the cops are referring to the brown skin peoples, the code word is ‘knuckleheads’.

Lanceman on January 22, 2014 at 8:47 PM

you send them to Stanford, pay them millions of dollars, shower them with attention…and they still act like ani… bobs1196 on January 22, 2014 at 8:42 PM

Really?

You were quoting someone else, right?

wolly4321 on January 22, 2014 at 8:47 PM

McCain’s sellin’ wolf tickets.

Murphy9 on January 22, 2014 at 8:47 PM

TarheelBen on January 22, 2014 at 8:44 PM

It certainly popped up in conservative political rhetoric around the time Obama began to take the lead over Hillary. I don’t remember “thug” being thrown around by conservatives in reference to Clinton in the way that it has become a stand-in for Obama’s approach to *everything.* At most, conservatives referred to “union thugs” before the Obama years. But lets face it, even that phrase is caught up between the imagined and real relationship between unions and organized crime syndicates run by ethnic groups whose entry into whiteness is still relatively recent, historically speaking.

libfreeordie on January 22, 2014 at 8:49 PM

libfreeorgan on January 22, 2014 at 8:44 PM

…ah!…self-analysis!

KOOLAID2 on January 22, 2014 at 8:49 PM

Really?

You were quoting someone else, right?

wolly4321 on January 22, 2014 at 8:47 PM

Nope. It was a rare moment of honesty around here.

Now watch it, cause Lanceman is about to go Stormfronty, something he’s been flirting with more these days.

libfreeordie on January 22, 2014 at 8:50 PM

I love Richard Sherman, on the field and off.

Was an outstanding student (4.0 in HS, 3.9 at Stanford), and is the best at his position in the NFL because he WORKS at it. His charity work is also fantastic. For Christmas, he went around giving underprivileged families Christmas presents.

I can’t stand the ignorance surrounding the man.

nicktjacob on January 22, 2014 at 8:51 PM

libfreeordie on January 22, 2014 at 8:49 PM

Come on! You know as well as the rest of us that a few years ago, obama would be getting them coffee!

Lanceman on January 22, 2014 at 8:51 PM

Lanceman on January 22, 2014 at 8:51 PM

Since I’ve never defended the Democrats as less racist than Republicans, you can keep any and all comments along this vein. Not here for it.

libfreeordie on January 22, 2014 at 8:51 PM

libfreeordie on January 22, 2014 at 8:50 PM

Heh. Just don’t let me go all infowars and I should be OK. ;)

Lanceman on January 22, 2014 at 8:52 PM

Allahpundit’s pot-stirring pertaining to the SB would be better spent following up on Deadspin’s article that Pete Carroll is a 9/11 Truther.

9/11 Truth Super Bowl?

Christien on January 22, 2014 at 8:52 PM

FRFR

Murphy9 on January 22, 2014 at 8:53 PM

libfreeordie on January 22, 2014 at 8:51 PM

Did you vote for Bill Clinton and do you intend to vote for HRC should she be the nominee? And bear in mind, I knew Clinton’s brother and he was no stranger to the N-word, as you call it.

Lanceman on January 22, 2014 at 8:53 PM

No! Not even close. Barkley was, and remains, a bully.

HiJack on January 22, 2014 at 8:53 PM

libfreeordie on January 22, 2014 at 8:49 PM

Now that is very deep, professor Jack Handy.

arnold ziffel on January 22, 2014 at 8:54 PM

The dude came from a shit hood. Got good grades in advanced classes his whole school career. Earned his degree.

Any of you bat the ball out of the sky to go to the superbowl? Adreniline?

wolly4321 on January 22, 2014 at 8:55 PM

No! Not even close. Barkley was, and remains, a bully.

HiJack on January 22, 2014 at 8:53 PM

I dunno. I’ve always found Barkley kinda funny. especially after he threw Jorge Lugo through the glass door down on Church street.

Still can’t figure out what a high-brow like Drexler was doing hanging out with him.

Lanceman on January 22, 2014 at 8:56 PM

“I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy,” Biden said. “I mean, that’s a storybook, man.”

Murphy9 on January 22, 2014 at 8:56 PM

libfreeordie on January 22, 2014 at 8:50 PM

Lance is FB friends w an on again/off again Jew…me.
Thug means thug means thug.
There is a mixed-race guy in the Oval office.
Your race card is declined!

annoyinglittletwerp on January 22, 2014 at 8:56 PM

nicktjacob on January 22, 2014 at 8:51 PM

Sorry, but his good deeds and academic pedigree don’t excuse his unsportsmanlike behavior one bit. Even Pete Carroll admits Sherman’s antics “took something away from the team.”

Christien on January 22, 2014 at 8:57 PM

Lanceman on January 22, 2014 at 8:52 PM

Admit it. Awex Jonz is your homey.
*runs*

annoyinglittletwerp on January 22, 2014 at 8:57 PM

libfreeordie=trick ass hoe

Murphy9 on January 22, 2014 at 8:58 PM

The Broncos being the opposing team is enough to make me cheer for the Seahawks.

The fact that I get to be on the opposite side of the Mav? That’s just icing on my Denver-hating, Manning-disliking cake. ;)

JadeNYU on January 22, 2014 at 8:59 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on January 22, 2014 at 8:56 PM

Naw, I’m intentionally tweaking him. He already believes that about my kind, meh. Might as well go all the way.

That said, I’d actually hang out with libdie at the bar. Just not talk politics.

Lanceman on January 22, 2014 at 9:00 PM

libfreeordie on January 22, 2014 at 8:49 PM

Please.

Because Obama is president, and therefore the most prominent THUG in the country today doesn’t make it something racial. His entire regime has been full of thugs – from Rahm Emanuel to John Podesta. There’s plenty of thugs in politics – of all colors and all stripes. I think the left and many on the right have been throwing around the dreaded “T-word” about Chris Christie.

TarheelBen on January 22, 2014 at 9:00 PM

Lanceman on January 22, 2014 at 9:00 PM

I know that.
Gotta go to bed soon Wake up is @ 0300.

annoyinglittletwerp on January 22, 2014 at 9:01 PM

libfreeordie on January 22, 2014 at 8:49 PM

You are such a thug.

Vince on January 22, 2014 at 9:01 PM

TarheelBen on January 22, 2014 at 8:44 PM

The term comes from India, as in the Thuggee cult.

Christien on January 22, 2014 at 9:01 PM

WackoBird takes a bold stand again!

mobydutch on January 22, 2014 at 9:01 PM

Admit it. Awex Jonz is your homey.
*runs*

annoyinglittletwerp on January 22, 2014 at 8:57 PM

I just looked at Stormfront. Those clowns are as loony as those Afro-centric hate sites.

Ain’ nobody got time fo’ dat!

Lanceman on January 22, 2014 at 9:02 PM

Yet he says nothing of Chuck Schumer…

SouthernGent on January 22, 2014 at 9:04 PM

I love Richard Sherman, on the field and off.

I can’t stand the ignorance surrounding the man.

nicktjacob on January 22, 2014 at 8:51 PM

Impressive, but I’m sticking with Manning.

talkingpoints on January 22, 2014 at 9:05 PM

Meh.

I read where this Denver vs. Seattle game is Super Bowl XLVIII. To me, it’s Super Bowl SUCK. I hate both teams and will be skipping the Super Bowl this year.

Bitter Clinger on January 22, 2014 at 9:08 PM

Sherman only got into Stanford because his father was an Admiral.

wolly4321 on January 22, 2014 at 9:08 PM

The day Allah “played the race card.”
libfreeordie on January 22, 2014 at 8:10 PM

So Allah is the slave. Tune for you Allah.

Bmore on January 22, 2014 at 9:09 PM

libfreeordie on January 22, 2014 at 8:49 PM

Girl, literally no one cares…..

libfreeordie on January 14, 2014 at 9:02 AM

h/t rogerb

Bitter Clinger on January 22, 2014 at 9:10 PM

Washington Post ‏@washingtonpost 1h

Madden: Richard Sherman’s rant “was embarrassing” http://wapo.st/1c4iw1z
============

January 22 at 3:41 pm

canopfor on January 22, 2014 at 9:11 PM

canopfor on January 22, 2014 at 9:11 PM

Madden puts Sherman on the horse’s ass trailer. BOOM!

Christien on January 22, 2014 at 9:16 PM

No real news today? When you mention McCain, that’s the first thing I think

flataffect on January 22, 2014 at 9:17 PM

If Coach Madden calls you out, YOU DONE FVCKED UP, SON!

Christien on January 22, 2014 at 9:26 PM

I was pulling for the Seahawks and it really teed me off at the time because it was poor sportsmanship to kick the other guys while they were down. He seems like a decent guy who just got a little too weed weed up. I think it is time for folks to move on. I do hope Peyton burns his azz in the Superbowl but only because I am going for the Broncos.

Southernblogger on January 22, 2014 at 9:31 PM

Southernblogger on January 22, 2014 at 9:31 PM

He and his teammates are constantly acting this way during games, but most Americans just got their first whiff after his latest meltdown against the Niners. Don’t be surprised if someone goes Andre Johnson on him.

Christien on January 22, 2014 at 9:38 PM