Wendy Davis writes open letter about her biography, doesn’t address the lying parts

posted at 9:21 pm on January 21, 2014 by Mary Katharine Ham

Wendy Davis’ “open letter” on the discrepancies with her biography, reported by the Dallas Morning News, doesn’t actually address any of the discrepancies. Allahpundit touched on this, but the missive illustrates just how much a vote for Wendy Davis (the relatively few there will be) isn’t a vote for a candidate who’s going to do any particular thing as governor, but a vote for a sort of larger truth. Sure, her story might be a little fake, but doesn’t it accurately reflect a bunch of other people’s stories, which are the driving force behind this campaign? To paraphrase another doomed campaigner, “I’m not a liar. I’m you.”

Dear Friend,

As our campaign has gained momentum, our opponents have gotten more and more desperate. But now they’ve stooped to a new low by attacking my family, my education, and my personal story – playing politics with the journey that has been my life.

Mine is a story about a teenage single mother who struggled to keep her young family afloat. It’s a story about a young woman who was given a precious opportunity to work her way up in the world. It’s a story about resiliency, and sacrifice, and perseverance.

And you’re damn right it’s a true story.

See, that’s the thing. It’s not, and she’s admitted it to the Morning News: “In an extensive interview last week, Davis acknowledged some chronological errors and incomplete details in what she and her aides have said about her life.”

Throughout this campaign, I’ve shared that story – not because it’s unique, but because it isn’t.

The story of my life is also the story of millions of single mothers who feel alone in the world, millions of young dreamers searching for their chance to become something more than what they were born into, millions of families all across Texas who would sacrifice everything to give their children a better future.

It’s those stories – your stories – that drive my campaign. But Greg Abbott and his allies don’t want to hear them. They don’t have anything to offer Texans who find themselves in the same difficult situation I was in when I was young. They would slam the doors I walked through and pull up the ladders I was lucky to be able to climb.

And now, instead of offering real ideas to improve your life, they’re attacking mine.

It’s a good thing she’s got extra stories to drive the campaign that she can slot in as soon as hers gets fact-checked. My story’s yours, your story’s mine, and we’re all living one struggle that I understand because I’ve been there, man, despite having lied about being there.

It won’t work. The only thing Greg Abbott and his allies have proved with these desperate attacks is that they don’t understand what it means to live a life like mine – a life like that of so many people all across our state.

They don’t know me – and, what’s more important, they don’t know you.

I’m not surprised that the Abbott campaign would resort to attacking the story of a single mother who worked hard to get ahead.

And I’m not afraid of their false attacks – I developed thick skin long before anyone knew my name.

You don’t know my life! It’s not Greg Abbott who unearthed and reported this information. And, the attacks aren’t false. Her facts were false.

What I am is deeply proud of the life I’ve built and the daughters I’ve raised – and deeply grateful to the many, many people who have shared their stories and offered their support as I’ve traveled our state.

No false attack can take away my story. And no sleazy political trick will stop me from giving voice to yours.

Your stories are why I’m running for Governor. And together, I know we’ll make sure that the Texas we leave to our children is a place where every young mother can build a better life for her child. . . where every family can work their way up the economic ladder. . . where every Texan can achieve their dreams and live out their own success story.

If you’re with me, click here and add your name to my letter as a sign of support. Together, we’ll break through these attacks, win this election, and make Texas even greater.

Wendy

“No false attack can take away [her] story,” but a decent fact-checking took away a few of the juicy parts. Throw her some cash, so she can have all of your stories once she’s an MSNBC contributor, Texas.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Nice P*ss Sneakers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

canopfor on January 21, 2014 at 9:29 PM

Like her latest “walk-a-mile-in-my-shoes” jab at her paraplegic opponent, this story has legs.

de rigueur on January 21, 2014 at 9:30 PM

She’s a witch!

Lanceman on January 21, 2014 at 9:31 PM

I’d rather this all day than another Christie thread.

joekenha on January 21, 2014 at 9:32 PM

Thank you for running this woman democrats.

Murphy9 on January 21, 2014 at 9:32 PM

I think I heard that she dumped her husband right after he paid off her Harvard debt. Yeah, you really worked to “stay afloat” there, ma’am.

ddrintn on January 21, 2014 at 9:32 PM

“I’m not a liar. I’m you.”
===========================

We Are The Ones We’ve Been Waiting For!

canopfor on January 21, 2014 at 9:32 PM

She’s a witch!

Lanceman on January 21, 2014 at 9:31 PM

Lanceman: I think your on to sumpins:)

canopfor on January 21, 2014 at 9:33 PM

canopfor on January 21, 2014 at 9:33 PM

Lest you forget to come up with the curling schedule.

Lanceman on January 21, 2014 at 9:34 PM

She didn’t even raise her kids, her poor snookered ex husband got them in the divorce. Divorced him the day after he paid off harvard law!!!

Mini-14 on January 21, 2014 at 9:34 PM

You’re not even close to he Sarah palin level so man up and take it, sister

jaywemm on January 21, 2014 at 9:35 PM

Wendy Davis – I’m fake but accurate!

GarandFan on January 21, 2014 at 9:36 PM

She’s a witch!

Lanceman on January 21, 2014 at 9:31 PM

and how do you know she’s a witch?
she turned me into a newt..!!

it got better.

going2mars on January 21, 2014 at 9:36 PM

So she strung along a sugar daddy until her school was paid for, and then dumped her kids as well as him.

That’s a story that any number of Democrats can relate to.

malclave on January 21, 2014 at 9:37 PM

(Snark)

Oh just great,…another Wendy thread,..geez,..I bet will
get a straight week of Wendy QOTD,..if not Christie,

and if not nots,..it’ll be a combinations of Wendy/Christie
QOTD!!

Hot Air Wendy 24/7,..Boinking %&*(*&^%$^&*(&^%^&*&&^%&*.

canopfor on January 21, 2014 at 9:37 PM

The “Dreams of My Father” revolution in political biography. Who says the printed word no longer has any value in propaganda?

Still, I’m wondering who the heck would actually buy her book. Sounds like yet another payoff through a publisher for services rendered in the past…or future.

Dr. ZhivBlago on January 21, 2014 at 9:37 PM

Is she wearing a catheter while she campaigns????

OmahaConservative on January 21, 2014 at 9:38 PM

That’s a story that any number of Democrats can relate to.

malclave on January 21, 2014 at 9:37 Pm

malclave: That is a Gold Standard Democrat Resume’ EnHancement!!

Oh,…and highly sought-after!!–:0

canopfor on January 21, 2014 at 9:40 PM

The story of my life is also the story of millions of single mothers

I don’t think “millions of single mothers” marry attorneys, have them cash in their 401(k)s to pay off a debt to Harvard and then dump them a few days later.

ddrintn on January 21, 2014 at 9:40 PM

malclave on January 21, 2014 at 9:37 PM

I know. It’s amazing.

ddrintn on January 21, 2014 at 9:40 PM

America has become a nation of cry-your-way-to-victory fools. It’s a bloody job interview, for Pete’s sake. Quit milking your personal life to win American Idol, get elected, etc. Nobody should give a fig–just tell us your track record, what your skills are, and what your plans and vision are. All the sob stories are just gross, shameless exhibitionism.

Christien on January 21, 2014 at 9:41 PM

Dear Texas Voters…I’m not a lyin schemin’ delusional slut…That’s just Greg Abbott bein’ a meany and kickin’ me when I’m down cause he has’nt walked in my shoes and whatever…. – Wendy Davis Democratic Hopeful for Governor of Houston

workingclass artist on January 21, 2014 at 9:41 PM

Is she wearing a catheter while she campaigns????

OmahaConservative on January 21, 2014 at 9:38 PM

Depends…!!

(that was too easy)

going2mars on January 21, 2014 at 9:41 PM

America has become a nation of cry-your-way-to-victory fools.

Christien on January 21, 2014 at 9:41 PM

More like “lie your way to victory”. Truth means nothing anymore.

ddrintn on January 21, 2014 at 9:42 PM

canopfor on January 21, 2014 at 9:33 PM

Lest you forget to come up with the curling schedule.

Lanceman on January 21, 2014 at 9:34 PM

Lanceman:

For Sochi,..or my Canadian Beaver Commando’s that curl
on there private pond,..when there not tree repelling!
(sarc):)

canopfor on January 21, 2014 at 9:43 PM

chronological errors and incomplete details

LOL, that’s what I’ll say if I ever for some unknown reason put down “Nobel Prize Laureate and holder of 10 honorary degrees” on a resume or something.

ddrintn on January 21, 2014 at 9:45 PM

Hasn’t this chick been done a few times……………………..today?

Bmore on January 21, 2014 at 9:46 PM

ddrintn on January 21, 2014 at 9:40 PM

Leaving him with another guy’s kid and a protection order saying she can’t see the kids if she’s drunk or high.

talkingpoints on January 21, 2014 at 9:46 PM

Julia Davis

skeeterbite on January 21, 2014 at 9:46 PM

She’s a witch!

Lanceman on January 21, 2014 at 9:31 PM

and how do you know she’s a witch?
she turned me into a newt..!!

it got better.

going2mars on January 21, 2014 at 9:36 PM

She weighs the same as a duck, so she’s made of wood, and therefore.

But seriously…her pants on fire yet?

22044 on January 21, 2014 at 9:47 PM

Is she wearing a catheter while she campaigns????

OmahaConservative on January 21, 2014 at 9:38 PM

OmahaConservative: Now I’m intrigued,..they MUST make em:)
==========================================================

We go back in time:

Forget the back brace and pink shoes! The most important accessory Wendy Davis wore to her 11-hour filibuster was a catheter so she didn’t have to go to the ladies’ room

The revelation explains the Texas Democrat’s remarkable ability to stay on the senate floor and out of the ladies room
Davis, and her accessories, managed to block Tuesday’s abortion bill vote but Gov. Rick Perry vowed Thursday to pass it in a special session July 1

By Daily Mail Reporter
PUBLISHED: 18:41 GMT, 27 June 2013 | UPDATED: 21:32 GMT, 27 June 2013
***********

canopfor on January 21, 2014 at 9:47 PM

Oh and you did an outstanding job Wendy love. After Harvard, “what kids?”

arnold ziffel on January 21, 2014 at 9:47 PM

She just doesn’t know when it is best to stop and keep you mouth shut.

She’s in for some rough times ahead.

Barred on January 21, 2014 at 9:48 PM

Harvard. God bless affirmative action.

Lanceman on January 21, 2014 at 9:49 PM

chronological errors and incomplete details

What a bunch of nitpickers. She’s a woman, overcame abuse by menz and went to Harvard. Very qualified.

arnold ziffel on January 21, 2014 at 9:50 PM

She just doesn’t know when it is best to stop and keep you mouth shut.

Barred on January 21, 2014 at 9:48 PM

Oh, I’ll bet she does. LOL

ddrintn on January 21, 2014 at 9:50 PM

Hasn’t this chick been done a few times……………………..today?

Bmore on January 21, 2014 at 9:46 PM

probably…..

going2mars on January 21, 2014 at 9:51 PM

I don’t know how it goes in Texas but nationally I think Wendy could give Hillary a run for her money if she throws her hat in. There is no one under the illusion that Hillary is anything other than a lying scoundrel. That is her selling point. A younger version of Hillary who might be even more messed up in the head can make Hillary look like yesterday’s news.

Buddahpundit on January 21, 2014 at 9:53 PM

She’s a witch!

Lanceman on January 21, 2014 at 9:31 PM

and how do you know she’s a witch?
she turned me into a newt..!!

it got better.

going2mars on January 21, 2014 at 9:36 PM

She weighs the same as a duck, so she’s made of wood, and therefore.

But seriously…her pants on fire yet?

22044 on January 21, 2014 at 9:47 PM

22044:-:0
=============

O Brother, Where Art Thou? (6/10) Movie CLIP – Horny Toad (2000)
****************************************************************

canopfor on January 21, 2014 at 9:55 PM

Writing about Wendy Davis, whom we all knew had no chance of becoming governor of Texas even before this revelation about her lying, is not a subject that is going to win a single voter–a single voter!–to the conservative cause. It just riles up the pro-lifers and makes them more obnoxious to the majority of voters. We need to stop talking about this Wendy Davis loser before it makes us into losers.

thuja on January 21, 2014 at 9:56 PM

thuja on January 21, 2014 at 9:56 PM

So, why are you posting? Your post was pretty obnoxious…

OmahaConservative on January 21, 2014 at 9:59 PM

Greg Abbott has introduced himself to me on two occasions. Not that I am anybody special.

It’s just that he’s not one of those burst-in-35-minutes-late-deliver-hasty-stump-speech,

gladhand-select-bootlickers

run-out-the-door-while-crowd-is-distracted-by-”silent-auctioneer” types.

He doesn’t leave the room until he has patiently and humbly approached every group, made eye contact with every individual, introduced himself. Lots of people never even realized until personal contact with the man that our AG is in a wheelchair.

And he has been doing this for years, back when he was just thanklessly suing the federal government every time they overreached and never EVER used his achievements (real in his case) to splash his political aspirations into the face of the public, the media, or donors.

Unlike his opponent, who used a cheap and bloodstained stunt to gain instant notoriety.

RushBaby on January 21, 2014 at 9:59 PM

thuja on January 21, 2014 at 9:56 PM

Meh. I think you’re wrong. I’m a pro-deather and their stance doesn’t bother me in the least. Much like the evangelicals.

I don’t have an ounce of fear that this country will ever turn into a theocracy any more than I fear abortion will be banned.

Lanceman on January 21, 2014 at 9:59 PM

thuja on January 21, 2014 at 9:56 PM

It must suck to be a Wendy supporter.

cozmo on January 21, 2014 at 9:59 PM

If I ever write a book of my time in the Army, I must remember to include a bunch of other people’s stories, like that of George Patton and Audie Murphy, as my own as apparently that would only be a little fake and not any serious amount of fake. Might as well throw in Charles Martel and David too.

VorDaj on January 21, 2014 at 10:00 PM

ddrintn on January 21, 2014 at 9:32 PM

Now, now. For some grifting *is* work.

kim roy on January 21, 2014 at 10:01 PM

So, why are you posting? Your post was pretty obnoxious…

OmahaConservative on January 21, 2014 at 9:59 PM

I would never deny that I am talented at being obnoxious, but the best way to be obnoxious is to be right.

thuja on January 21, 2014 at 10:02 PM

I don’t think Greg Abbott is going to have to spend a whole lot of money on this race.

gophergirl on January 21, 2014 at 10:03 PM

Still, I’m wondering who the heck would actually buy her book.

Dr. ZhivBlago on January 21, 2014 at 9:37 PM

Must have learned it from the best, Lloyd Bentsen

AH_C on January 21, 2014 at 10:04 PM

What I am is deeply proud of the life I’ve built and the daughters I’ve raised

I thought her “Ex” raised the daughters, including one that wasn’t his.

bw222 on January 21, 2014 at 10:04 PM

RushBaby on January 21, 2014 at 9:59 PM

RushBaby: Character matters,..thanks for that RB:)

canopfor on January 21, 2014 at 10:04 PM

22044:-:0
=============

O Brother, Where Art Thou? (6/10) Movie CLIP – Horny Toad (2000)
****************************************************************

canopfor on January 21, 2014 at 9:55 PM

Thanks, Canada

(channeling that movie) – Wendy Davis is dumber than a bag of hammers!

22044 on January 21, 2014 at 10:05 PM

canopfor on January 21, 2014 at 9:55 PM

Thanks, Canada

(channeling that movie) – Wendy Davis is dumber than a bag of hammers!

22044 on January 21, 2014 at 10:05 PM

22o44: Hehe,..I couldn;t resist:0

canopfor on January 21, 2014 at 10:05 PM

Is she wearing a catheter while she campaigns????

OmahaConservative on January 21, 2014 at 9:38 PM

Depends…!!

(that was too easy)

going2mars on January 21, 2014 at 9:41 PM

I do so enjoy the comedy, here … : )

listens2glenn on January 21, 2014 at 10:05 PM

Greg Abbott: Never interrupt your opponent when she keeps making mistakes

22044 on January 21, 2014 at 10:05 PM

Lanceman on January 21, 2014 at 9:59 PM

I agree. I will also admit that I am all for some pro-life posture if it leads to conservative victory.
But I don’t think pro-life position is conservative at all. The pro-life movement is the major reason for the destruction of the family today. That is, why are so many children born out of wedlock today? Pregnant teenage girls should get abortions instead of doing a crappy job of raising children.

thuja on January 21, 2014 at 10:06 PM

Has Wendy Davis ever walked a mile in Elizabeth Warren’s Cherokee Moccasins?

VorDaj on January 21, 2014 at 10:06 PM

So, why are you posting? Your post was pretty obnoxious…

OmahaConservative on January 21, 2014 at 9:59 PM

thuja on January 21, 2014 at 10:02 PM

It must be a big disappointment to discover that your champion baby killer is a liar.

What a damned hypocrite. You would support her as a baby killer but turn against her for lying?

Oh, that’s right. Dogs and innocent unborn babies are the same to you; killing either is no different. You are disgusting.

davidk on January 21, 2014 at 10:07 PM

thuja on January 21, 2014 at 9:56 PM

It must suck to be a pro abortion supporter.

cozmo on January 21, 2014 at 9:59 PM

FIFM cozmo. Hope it was okay to do that.

Bmore on January 21, 2014 at 10:08 PM

Greg Abbott: Never interrupt your opponent when she keeps making mistakes

22044 on January 21, 2014 at 10:05 PM

When your opponent is digging a hole hand him a shovel.

davidk on January 21, 2014 at 10:10 PM

She “raised” the daughters that she was paying child support to her ex-husband to actually raise. I am so glad I left Austin, I know my sister will vote for this woman. lol

lusir on January 21, 2014 at 10:11 PM

Bmore on January 21, 2014 at 10:08 PM

I thought my way was funnier. More twisting for thuja to get to the same place.

cozmo on January 21, 2014 at 10:11 PM

cozmo on January 21, 2014 at 10:11 PM

Good point. Should I correct the correction? Lolz!

Bmore on January 21, 2014 at 10:12 PM

Has Wendy Davis ever walked a mile in Elizabeth Warren’s Cherokee Moccasins?

VorDaj on January 21, 2014 at 10:06 PM

VorDaj: Dry, or, P*ssed????:)
(sarc)

canopfor on January 21, 2014 at 10:12 PM

thuja on January 21, 2014 at 10:06 PM

No, welfare, AFDC, WIC and all that other crap is responsible.

And I posted elsewhere that broads are always so upset they cannot find a man to commit. I spoke of their sisters giving it away for free, and at the drop of a hat. Why would a man commit.

I’ve noticed one thing about the vast majority of young girls that decide to be single mothers – they are all looking for that unconditional love that the man that got them pregnant in the first place has no intention of giving.

Pure, unadulterated liberalism has brought us here.

Lanceman on January 21, 2014 at 10:13 PM

VorDaj: Dry, or, P*ssed????:)
(sarc)

canopfor on January 21, 2014 at 10:12 PM

I try to be ambidextrous.

VorDaj on January 21, 2014 at 10:14 PM

I think she has a sponsor.

BKeyser on January 21, 2014 at 10:14 PM

Does Wendy Davis wear a catheter at night, or does she just go ahead and piss her bed?

OmahaConservative on January 21, 2014 at 10:16 PM

Who paid for my Harvard Law degree?

Who is raising my kids for me?

What difference, at this point, does it make?

forest on January 21, 2014 at 10:17 PM

canopfor on January 21, 2014 at 10:12 PM

I try to be ambidextrous.

VorDaj on January 21, 2014 at 10:14 PM

VorDaj:Lol:)

canopfor on January 21, 2014 at 10:18 PM

OmahaConservative on January 21, 2014 at 10:16 PM

If she ate crackers in bed, that would be one thing, but either of those is much too much.

VorDaj on January 21, 2014 at 10:19 PM

OmahaConservative on January 21, 2014 at 10:16 PM

OmahaConservative:

Me thinks,..if she was Pub Crawling,…then yes:0

canopfor on January 21, 2014 at 10:19 PM

No, welfare, AFDC, WIC and all that other crap is responsible.

Pure, unadulterated liberalism has brought us here.

Lanceman on January 21, 2014 at 10:13 PM

And you do know the way the socialist have got conservative buy-in to their schemes is telling pro-lifers that it will save the “babies”?

thuja on January 21, 2014 at 10:22 PM

…Liar…liar!…her crotch is on fire!

KOOLAID2 on January 21, 2014 at 10:22 PM

gophergirl on January 21, 2014 at 10:03 PM

Yes, but there’s serious talk among the dems here about going full Torricelli on her. They know the governor’s race is lost, and she’s done some stupid things in the last few months, but this is a tipping point for them. They’re now worried about losing races all the way down the ballot because of her, at the county level, even in dem strongholds in South Texas and certain precincts in the big counties.

Hence, if they replace her on the ballot, it will open the door to a possible competitive candidate that Greg would have to spend more against than certainly Abortion Barbie.

TXUS on January 21, 2014 at 10:23 PM

thuja on January 21, 2014 at 10:02 PM

You’re like the Patriots in the playoffs – 1 for 2. Obnoxious – yes; right – no.

bw222 on January 21, 2014 at 10:26 PM

Hey Wendy this kind of trash talk might work in New York but here in Texas we see right through you. You lied to get elected as rep for Fort Worth but you won’t fool us again. Note to Dems PLEASE keep sending money for Abortion Barbie’s loser campaign.

neyney on January 21, 2014 at 10:30 PM

Further proof, if needed, that libtardism is truly a mental disease.She is trying to claim this is a smear from her opposition rather than the admittedly rare honest assessment from a lib newspaper.I don’t know whether to laugh or cry anymore at the outrage Dems exhibit when called on their bullchit.

Southernblogger on January 21, 2014 at 10:30 PM

thuja on January 21, 2014 at 10:06 PM

Yeah, f**k those babies, they just mess things up!

Seriously, dude, adoption.

thebrokenrattle on January 21, 2014 at 10:31 PM

thuja on January 21, 2014 at 10:06 PM

Don’t want Sasha & Malia punished with babies, now do we?

OmahaConservative on January 21, 2014 at 10:33 PM

thuja on January 21, 2014 at 9:56 PM

Umm, well, you know, the Wendy Davis loser is the one talking about the Wendy Davis loser. The guy wrote the article, she’s melting down about it, and we’re enjoying the show. It’s not our fault she won’t shut the he!! up.

Erich66 on January 21, 2014 at 10:34 PM

The Huffers are all still convinced this is just a sexist attack by Abbott, and they are still sending her money. That’s what happens when your website leaves out critical details from the stories they report. You wind up wasting your money on an imploding candidate.

juliesa on January 21, 2014 at 10:35 PM

thuja on January 21, 2014 at 10:22 PM

There has got to be a sea-change in the thinking before ‘babies’ will stop dying. That change will only occur if liberalism is excised from the body. And the only thing that will accomplish that is some type of awakening, religious or otherwise.

Two reasons I don’t care whether abortion is legal or not, One, I am responsible for Lance and Lance has never gotten a girl pregnant and two, if I had to guess, abortions are performed on babies that will undoubtedly grow up to vote ‘rat. I would prefer a forced, reversible sterilization instead, were it possible. Once you decide to have children, you must have the means to provide them stability on your own dime.

Lanceman on January 21, 2014 at 10:35 PM

Meet the Dem’s 2016 VP candidate.

kcewa on January 21, 2014 at 10:36 PM

Meet the Dem’s 2016 VP candidate.

kcewa on January 21, 2014 at 10:36 PM

BiteMe in drag?

Lanceman on January 21, 2014 at 10:38 PM

Stop talking about another lying Democrat? No way.

The never-ending destructive lies coming from Democrats can’t be exposed enough. We’ve had to put up with too much BS from too many of them for way too long. Davis may not be a real threat in the governors race, but that doesn’t mean she should be given a pass on the garbage she’s attempting to peddle. Do anything and everything to make it known that Davis is just another Democrat liar. Libs would never relent…neither should we.

lynncgb on January 21, 2014 at 10:43 PM

You wind up wasting your money on an imploding candidate.

juliesa on January 21, 2014 at 10:35 PM

I think we should demand gifts and gratitude from the rest of the country for draining the coffers of idiot liberals. They would otherwise spend their money on more viable candidates.

cozmo on January 21, 2014 at 10:47 PM

Lanceman on January 21, 2014 at 10:35 PM

100% agreement!

thuja on January 21, 2014 at 10:48 PM

canopfor on January 21, 2014 at 10:04 PM

RushBaby on January 21, 2014 at 10:53 PM

juliesa on January 21, 2014 at 10:35 PM

Faster please, Huffers!

22044 on January 21, 2014 at 10:58 PM

TXUS on January 21, 2014 at 10:23 PM

There really isn’t a competitive candidate in the state that wants to run in 2014. Juan Castro — the mayor of San Antonio whom the Democrats quickly hustled into a speaking role at the 2012 DNC Convention following Ted Cruz’s primary win — wants to run either against Abbott or Cruz, but in 2018, not 2014, and that’s what the national Democratic Party has been gearing him for (hence all that money last week Obama gave San Antonio, a city breaking new tax collection and population records every month thanks to the Eagle Ford Shale and in little need of a major new government handout program).

They could probably find a sacrificial lamb among the party faithful, but that would be mainly if Davis makes things so bad for down-ballot Democrats that there’s a danger of extra voters coming out just to cast ballots against the party if she’s on the ticket. More likely, the closer we get to Election Day, the more she’s going to become a non-person to the big media and big donors outside Texas, the same way the Democrats sent Cindy Sheehan to the cornfield in 2008 after she outlived her usefulness.

jon1979 on January 21, 2014 at 10:59 PM

She seems like a truly nasty person. No wonder she’s a darling of the libs.

KS Rex on January 21, 2014 at 11:02 PM

abortions are performed on babies that will undoubtedly grow up to vote ‘rat.

Lanceman on January 21, 2014 at 10:35 PM

Better for them to die and decrease the surplus population, eh?

thebrokenrattle on January 21, 2014 at 11:03 PM

thuja on January 21, 2014 at 10:22 PM

God created mankind in His image. That makes life sacred. Babies are worth saving not because of some economic reason, any economic reason.

Anyone who murders another human, of whatever station in life, has destroyed a creature created in God’s image (which includes abortionists and their enablers); a serious enough crime that he/she should pay for the crime with his/her own life.

We have allowed the wholesale slaughter of innocent unborn babies. We will reap what we have sown.

Will God be just or merciful?

davidk on January 21, 2014 at 11:04 PM

Better for them to die and decrease the surplus population, eh?

thebrokenrattle on January 21, 2014 at 11:03 PM

As a reincarnationist, I can’t get broken up over it.

But I also understand the ‘cheapening of life’ aspect that you traditionalists believe.

Lanceman on January 21, 2014 at 11:05 PM

ditto, jon1979. There’s not a single dem in the state who could step in and run a successful gubernatorial campaign this year; as you say, it’s still several years too early for Juan Castro to make a try, and he knows it. Btw, NO ONE from San Antonio ever wins a statewide election, it’s too different from the rest of the state. Remember when Henry Gonzales was going to be the Next Big Thing????

That’s why they were so excited about Wendy – the dems knew they had nothing, and suddenly they thought they had something. They won’t drop her; easier to go on pretending they’ve got something than to admit the hard truth, that they got nuttin’.

Tom Servo on January 21, 2014 at 11:20 PM