Richard Sherman: Hey, Michael Crabtree started it

posted at 3:01 pm on January 20, 2014 by Allahpundit

Everyone knows who those two are and what “it” is, right? If not (really?), Ed will get you caught up in the Greenroom. Simple question this morning: Was that interview just Sherman being Sherman or is there bad blood between him and Crabtree? Simple answer: Yes.

Personally, while I enjoy watching large men spend hours hitting each other with the impact force of minor car crashes, I expect some decorum afterward, damn it.

I ran over to Crabtree to shake his hand but he ignored me. I patted him, stuck out my hand and said, “Good game, good game.” That’s when he shoved my face, and that’s when I went off…

But that’s not why I don’t like the man. It goes back to something he said to me this offseason in Arizona, but you’d have to ask him about that. A lot of what I said to Andrews was adrenaline talking, and some of that was Crabtree. I just don’t like him.

It was loud, it was in the moment, and it was just a small part of the person I am. I don’t want to be a villain, because I’m not a villainous person. When I say I’m the best cornerback in football, it’s with a caveat: There isn’t a great defensive backfield in the NFL that doesn’t have a great front seven. Everything begins with pressure up front, and that’s what we get from our pass rushers every Sunday. To those who would call me a thug or worse because I show passion on a football field—don’t judge a person’s character by what they do between the lines. Judge a man by what he does off the field, what he does for his community, what he does for his family.

He’s an egomaniac — for good reason — but no, of course he’s not always in game mode and no, he’s not above giving credit where it’s due. Follow the link above to his SI piece and you’ll find him with nothing but praise for the Broncos. I think his issue here really is with Crabtree specifically. I didn’t see Crabtree shove him in the face after the play, but yep, he did; no doubt there’s more to that than Sherman’s letting on (if you really think all he said was “good game,” watch the clip below of RS discussing on-field trash talk from early last year) but the bad sportsmanship runs two ways. Sherman’s just the one who ended up with a mic in front of him five minutes later. If anything, his big sin here was singling out a player for derision whom not enough fans hate. If instead he had called Tom Brady a punk who throws like a girl (which he’s kinda sorta done before), 90 percent of the country would have been high-fiving on their couches.

Easy prediction: Before the month of February is out, Sherman will end up in a commercial ranting about how, say, Burger King is a sorry excuse for a fast-food restaurant and then digging into a Big Mac with a giant smile.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Yawn.

Red Cloud on January 20, 2014 at 3:03 PM

Is it too late to ask for this one to air on game day?

nobar on January 20, 2014 at 3:04 PM

Let me guess,

Crabtree called him a “White N”

ToddPA on January 20, 2014 at 3:05 PM

I think this whole Sherman thing is being blown out of proportion. The game had just ended and he had just made a game-ending play. Emotions were running pretty high. And do the 49ers also trash talk and run their mouths a lot? You better believe it. The Niners got away with a lot in their game with Carolina.

TarheelBen on January 20, 2014 at 3:06 PM

Sherman does a local commercial for Century Link High Speed Internet. The opening line: You mad? Of course.

Mallard T. Drake on January 20, 2014 at 3:09 PM

I blame the father of all sports trash-talking.

Cassius Clay.

fogw on January 20, 2014 at 3:10 PM

Football players talking smack? Heaven forbid!

gwelf on January 20, 2014 at 3:10 PM

Actually, AP, it wasn’t the Crabtree stuff that was annoying, it was the “I’m the best cornerback in the game, blah, blah, blah.” Maybe so, but you can still show some class. It is possible to try to hit someone with the force of a car crash and still show some humility and class (see Ronnie Lott, Mike Singletary, etc.). I love passion and l don’t even mind some trash talk, but the “i’m the best” stuff gets on my nerves. You shouldn’t have to say it, your play should speak for itself (and Sherman’s definitely does). So, yeah, I hope Manning torches him in the super bowl.

JohnInCA on January 20, 2014 at 3:11 PM

Kicking a man while he’s down, eh AP. Why that’s practically Alpha!

Zetterson on January 20, 2014 at 3:12 PM

These two teams have been chippy all season. Looks like we’ll have ourselves a good west coast rivalry next year.

rbj on January 20, 2014 at 3:16 PM

@TarheelBen … reading your post is like getting a story from MSNBC. Did the Niners trash talk during the Carolina game? Yep. Did they start it? Hell no! The Carolina trash talking went back to their regular season game. In fact, it was Carolina doing the majority of the talking and posing to start with. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t think the Niners are innocent here but neither is Carolina.

OrbeaRider66 on January 20, 2014 at 3:19 PM

Richard Sherman is an extroverted kind of guy and his team just won a trip to the Super Bowl. Raucous behavior in that circumstance is forgivable. IMO.

Old eagle on January 20, 2014 at 3:20 PM

JohnInCA on January 20, 2014 at 3:11 PM

I long for the old days when after a player made a big play his teammates gave him a pat and then they went back to work or scooted off to the sideline. No dances, no self-aggrandizing stunts. The brag was saved for outside the stadium, e.g. Namath’s promising a Superbowl win by his Jets in 1969.

whatcat on January 20, 2014 at 3:20 PM

To be fair, most thugs dont graduate from Stanford and then stay in college instead of heading to the NFL to pursue their master’s degree.

However all top notch athletes put their gameface on.

If you interview Sherman on a random Tuesday instead of 3 seconds after he made a huge play against his nemisis to get his team to the Super Bowl it ends up differently.

Spliff Menendez on January 20, 2014 at 3:21 PM

I didn’t want San Francisco to win and I didn’t want New England to win. So I’m happy and I couldn’t care less who wins the next thing.

Marcus on January 20, 2014 at 3:22 PM

I blame the father of all sports trash-talking.

Cassius Clay.

fogw on January 20, 2014 at 3:10 PM

I am the greatest!

Mallard T. Drake on January 20, 2014 at 3:25 PM

Marcus on January 20, 2014 at 3:22 PM

I wanted the Niners for one simple reason:

Pete Carroll is a major league AZZHOLE!

ToddPA on January 20, 2014 at 3:26 PM

Spliff Menendez on January 20, 2014 at 3:21 PM

No need to wait until Tuesday. Sherman and Russell Wilson were at the desk of the post-game show being interviewed. Sherman was excited but rational and coherent. There was no ranting on the podium when he was interviewed by Terry Bradshaw during the trophy ceremony.

Mallard T. Drake on January 20, 2014 at 3:28 PM

yeah, kinda seems that if someone really *is* the best, or even *thinks* they’re the best, they don’t have to tell you they are.

sounds like he doesn’t really believe it himself.

Midas on January 20, 2014 at 3:33 PM

JohnInCA on January 20, 2014 at 3:11 PM

You must think those foam finger #1s are just dreadful.

Ronnie on January 20, 2014 at 3:36 PM

slow news day?

Sachiko on January 20, 2014 at 3:38 PM

Bread.
Circuses.
You know the drill.

Dr. Carlo Lombardi on January 20, 2014 at 3:40 PM

sounds like he doesn’t really believe it himself.

Midas on January 20, 2014 at 3:33 PM

The guy just made the play that won his team a trip to the Super Bowl, and this is your argument?

Ronnie on January 20, 2014 at 3:40 PM

I don’t get being so arrogant in a sport that you can easily get injured and it change your career.

terryannonline on January 20, 2014 at 3:42 PM

sounds like he doesn’t really believe it himself.

Midas on January 20, 2014 at 3:33 PM

His Numbers show otherwise!

Spliff Menendez on January 20, 2014 at 3:21 PM

jaydee_007 on January 20, 2014 at 3:43 PM

Football. Right?

Fallon on January 20, 2014 at 3:43 PM

I don’t think this is really all that bad. What was truly disgraceful was the Seattle fans throwing trash at Bowman as he left the field following a grotesque injury. If that had happened with any other team (say, the Patriots or the Jets), it would have been at the top of Sports Center. But the national sports media has invested so much airtime hyping “the 12th man” in Seattle that they don’t want to sully their image.

Lawdawg86 on January 20, 2014 at 3:43 PM

I wanted the Niners for one simple reason:

Pete Carroll is a major league AZZHOLE!

ToddPA on January 20, 2014 at 3:26 PM

Of Course, Pete Carroll is in the Super Bowl, and You’re Not!

jaydee_007 on January 20, 2014 at 3:44 PM

Agreed.

terryannonline on January 20, 2014 at 3:44 PM

Shermie:

Anybody believe him? . . . . .
Anybody?

BigAlSouth on January 20, 2014 at 3:45 PM

To me being arrogant about your athletic ability is like being boastful about your intellect or beauty. In the end it doesn’t matter. Character does matter though.

terryannonline on January 20, 2014 at 3:49 PM

I blame the father of all sports trash-talking. Cassius Clay. fogw on January 20, 2014 at 3:10 PM

Floyd Patterson kept referring to Ali as Cassius Clay in an interview, which is why Ali kept asking Patterson during the fight, “What’s my name?” as he beat his butt eight ways from Sunday.

Akzed on January 20, 2014 at 3:50 PM

OrbeaRider66 on January 20, 2014 at 3:19 PM

MSNBC? Really? My point is that most of these players and teams trash talk each other all the time, and Sherman’s interview was just a “heat of the moment” thing. I in no way meant to say Carolina was innocent.

TarheelBen on January 20, 2014 at 3:52 PM

whatcat on January 20, 2014 at 3:20 PM

THIS!!

AP and Ed, one thing that wasn’t mentioned in this article is the fact some Seachicken fans threw food at Bowman as he was being carted off the field! For full disclosure here I am a 49er fan, am I disappointed they lost, yes. Did the 4ers get some bad calls or non-calls from the refs, yes. But the bottom line is Seattle won and great teams do not count on calls going their way to win a game, great teams win despite the calls.

Sherman made a great play and he was pumped when the interview took place but it still doesn’t excuse his rant, then on top of it the classless display by the Seattle fans towards Bowman. Like whatcat mentions above, when I look back at some of the 49er greats like Montana, Rice, Taylor, Lott, etc. you very very seldom (if at all) saw them conducting themselves in such a manner, it was called good sportmanship, something that is completely lost on current NFL players no matter which team!

I had planned on rooting for Seattle in the Super Bowl being they are an NFC team but after Sherman’s and Seattle’s fans classless and disgraceful display I am rooting for Denver and Manning to crush the Seachickens and send them home empty handed (again) and crying!

GO DENVER!!!

Liberty or Death on January 20, 2014 at 3:52 PM

JohnInCA on January 20, 2014 at 3:11 PM

This is my take on this, virtually word for word.

It wasn’t his “emotional outburst” I found off-putting, but him tooting his own horn. If you’re that good, then it should speak for itself, and that has nothing to do with Crabtree or what he did or did not say.

JannyMae on January 20, 2014 at 3:53 PM

Yes folks there was a day when any trash talking drew a flag, as well as even onfield fist pumps. When receivers and running backs were tackled they merely hand the ball to ref.

Kermit on January 20, 2014 at 3:54 PM

Ah yes, the every 5 years or so claim that back in the day sports were so much classier and better when they just gave each other brain damaging injuries, for low pay and kept their mouths quiet while other people made tons of money. Richard Sherman was interviewed at the very moment he made a play that took his team to the Super Bowl. He has been focused on preparing himself to make just that play for years. Anyone who has achieved a monumental goal like that knows how difficult and painful the preparation for it can be. So if Sherman needs a little negativity to get himself amped up for it. Why should anyone care? I got my life from his statement and from his interaction with Skip Bayless earlier in the year.

libfreeordie on January 20, 2014 at 3:55 PM

I wanted the Niners for one simple reason:

Pete Carroll is a major league AZZHOLE!

ToddPA on January 20, 2014 at 3:26 PM

Of Course, Pete Carroll is in the Super Bowl, and You’re Not!

jaydee_007 on January 20, 2014 at 3:44 PM

This is true…..some friends of mine have been
floating the idea of us heading to the Meadowlands for the
game to tailgate outside…of course, now they’re saying nobody
will be allowed to do that….it’s about a 3 hour drive for me.

Effing Communists….

ToddPA on January 20, 2014 at 3:58 PM

“Cassius Clay?” OK, so we know what this is about for some of you….

And Ali’s trash talk was, like his boxing, poetry in motion. Don’t be mad. But then again, you probably would’ve been at the head of the witch hunt prosecuting Jack Johnson for violations of the Mann Act.

libfreeordie on January 20, 2014 at 3:58 PM

Throwing food, or anything, at an injured player being carted off the field is unacceptable. As a season-ticket-carrying member of the 12th Man, I will say that action is unrepresentative of the fans in Seattle. Where I was sitting, Seahawk fans gave the injured 49er players respectful applause when the players finally got up and walked off or were carted off the field. Out of 68,500 fans, probably 10 or 20 threw something. Not acceptable by and not representative of the 12th Man.

Mallard T. Drake on January 20, 2014 at 3:59 PM

Pete Carroll is a major league AZZHOLE!

ToddPA on January 20, 2014 at 3:26 PM

Well there we can agree. The way he left his players out to dry during the USC athlete paying scandal he was 100% aware of (and probably facilitated) was disgusting.

libfreeordie on January 20, 2014 at 4:00 PM

People complaining about Seahawk fans seem to forget the battery throwing Eagles fans….it can be far far worse.

libfreeordie on January 20, 2014 at 4:01 PM

libfreeordie on January 20, 2014 at 3:58 PM

Are you really going to go there? Are you going to play the race card? Please, give it a rest. I disagree with all the nay-sayers that are down on Sherman’s rant. But nobody has come close to saying anything racial about it. This is about “was he a jerk or not.” Put the card back in the deck, please.

Mallard T. Drake on January 20, 2014 at 4:03 PM

The poster who called Muhammad Ali “Cassius Clay” pulled the race card first….

libfreeordie on January 20, 2014 at 4:08 PM

“Cassius Clay?” OK, so we know what this is about for some of you…. libfreeordie on January 20, 2014 at 3:58 PM

Yes, we wonder why Clay changed his religion and name to identify with a murderous pedophile, whereas for you it was a great move because it was a renunciation of western civilization. We get it.

Akzed on January 20, 2014 at 4:08 PM

libfreeordie cannot even discuss sports without bringing all the lefty causes du jour into the it with a large dose of class warfare and throwing out the race card.
Everything is political to libtards.

gwelf on January 20, 2014 at 4:12 PM

Akzed on January 20, 2014 at 4:08 PM

I prefer the “Louisville Lip” myself…

ToddPA on January 20, 2014 at 4:13 PM

The poster who called Muhammad Ali “Cassius Clay” pulled the race card first….

libfreeordie on January 20, 2014 at 4:08 PM

Ha ha ha ha.

gwelf on January 20, 2014 at 4:13 PM

libfreeordie on January 20, 2014 at 4:01 PM

Eagles fans are the All Time Worst fans in Sports.

I refuse to go to games there anymore…if you wear
an opposing team jersey-hat there you WILL get attacked..

…remember, this is the town that BOOED SANTA..

ToddPA on January 20, 2014 at 4:15 PM

Mallard T. Drake on January 20, 2014 at 4:03 PM

libfree isn’t playing with a deck. He’s got a couple of cards in his hand that always boil down to the marxist critique of whatever and the race card. It’s all he’s got.

gwelf on January 20, 2014 at 4:16 PM

Akzed on January 20, 2014 at 4:08 PM

You do more than “wonder.” Rather you seek, even after his death, to disrespect him by not calling him his legal name. But according to gwelf, that’s not political or something.

libfreeordie on January 20, 2014 at 4:16 PM

libfreeordie on January 20, 2014 at 4:01 PM

Why are you excusing the fans for being scumbags?

It wasn’t everybody, but the fans who threw food/garbage at Bowman are trash. Doesn’t matter if fans elsewhere (Oakland, Philly and Cleveland come to mind) have done worse.

Good Solid B-Plus on January 20, 2014 at 4:17 PM

Sherman backed up all his trashtalk.

Crabtree will be watching the superbowl from his couch.

portlandon on January 20, 2014 at 4:18 PM

Yes they all “trash” talk, but to do so on live TV after you won is bad sportsmanship. Just my humble opinion…

sandee on January 20, 2014 at 4:19 PM

What death? He’s still alive as far as I know.

TarheelBen on January 20, 2014 at 4:19 PM

gwelf on January 20, 2014 at 4:16 PM

One of the great things about sports is that it can bring together people with diverse views in other arenas of life. I prefer my sports undiluted with politics. If you are a Seahawks fan, then I don’t care about your political views. But, if you inject those views into the game, then take a hike.

Mallard T. Drake on January 20, 2014 at 4:19 PM

The poster who called Muhammad Ali “Cassius Clay” pulled the race card first….

libfreeordie on January 20, 2014 at 4:08 PM

Calling people by their real name is racist?

Do we need to rehash this whole “Islam isn’t a race” deal?

Does this only apply to people who change their name for religious purposes? Is it racist to call Ron Artest by that name, instead of Metta World Peace? What about Chad Ochocinco, before he changed it back?

Inquiring minds need to know, libfree.

Good Solid B-Plus on January 20, 2014 at 4:19 PM

The poster who called Muhammad Ali “Cassius Clay” pulled the race card first….

libfreeordie on January 20, 2014 at 4:08 PM

Lew Alcindor was the best basketball player of his day.

portlandon on January 20, 2014 at 4:20 PM

libfreeordie on January 20, 2014 at 4:16 PM

You know something we don’t?

Last I checked, Muhammad nee Cassius is still alike. I guess you consider him dead because of his condition? That’s awfully anti-handicapped of you, libfree.

Good Solid B-Plus on January 20, 2014 at 4:21 PM

Let someone else praise you, not your own mouth— a stranger, not your own lips.

Proverbs 27:2

terryannonline on January 20, 2014 at 4:21 PM

and proceeded to get tagged with 15 yd unsportsman like conduct for your “throat slash” gesture….otherwise, you are a church choir member, no doubt.

hillsoftx on January 20, 2014 at 4:22 PM

gwelf on January 20, 2014 at 4:16 PM

He’ll just be upset cause Seahawks and Tomahawks have 5 letters in common and, therefore, the NFL should require a name change..

hillsoftx on January 20, 2014 at 4:23 PM

I can’t wait to see Peyton twist this guy up.

cptacek on January 20, 2014 at 4:24 PM

My collie says:

Sorry, but after Matt Drudge posted his “Pot Bowl” headline last night, I just can’t seem to get too worked up about the bad behavior of yet another highly paid professional athlete.

Just don’t be smokin’ any of that stuff, Collie. It’ll make you stoopid.

It’s the MSM that makes these guys (and their fans) so badly behaved. The MSM both encourages it and feeds off of it. They are attracted to it like a school of sharks is attracted to the scent of blood. MLB, the NFL, the NBA, and the NHL are so replete with so many examples of athletes exhibiting bad behavior both on and off the playing fields, they have now made it very difficult for me to root for ANY team. More and more, I find myself simply picking out individuals to root for instead. Seattle Seahawks? Denver Broncos? It doesn’t really matter to me who wins. But I like Russell Wilson and hope he does well. I’m not as familiar with the players on Denver’s roster, but I hope and pray that God give’s their previous quarterback (Tim Tebow) the desires of his heart. Peyton Manning may be a better quarterback than Tebow, but there’s not many in the NFL that can say that they are a better person than Tebow.

My collie says:

Maybe They should administer a few drags to Richard Sherman before, during, and after the game — you know, just so that he doesn’t embarrass himself in front of a national TV audience.

Somehow, collie, I don’t think that the caliber or intensity of play would be the same if nearly everyone on both rosters were high during the game. And besides, I’m with Bill O’Reilly on this one. I still think it should be illegal.

CyberCipher on January 20, 2014 at 4:25 PM

libfreeordie on January 20, 2014 at 4:01 PM

So what I hear you saying is it’s ok to throw things at a player depending on what you are throwing? I agree that throwing a battery at someone instead of food is more dangerous as it can cause more injury but the point I’m trying to make here is the fans and the players have lost their sense of humility and grace. I’m not just talking about Seattle fans or players here, I am talking about fans and players throughout the NFL.

As I mentioned before I am a 49er fan, but not all of my favorite players are 49ers. For example one of my all time favorite players was Lynn Swann. That man had some amazing abilities and was a fantastic player. The only thing that eclipsed Lynn’s great abilities and athleticism was his grace and humility. That’s what made him more than a good player, it made him a legendary player as it did for Montana, Lott and Rice.

While there are good and bad everywhere you go I believe the NFL’s lack of encouraging and fostering an environment of good sportsmanship has begun to spill over into the stands. The NFL and coaches need to get back to fundamentals when it comes to sportsmanship. I understand it’s an emotional game and sometimes emotions get the better of a person, but it is becoming more and more evident that poor sportsmanship is now the norm, becoming more rampant and it has now affected the fans as well. It is a cancer and if the NFL was smart they will start eliminating this cancer, starting with its players and coaches!

GO DENVER!!!

Liberty or Death on January 20, 2014 at 4:27 PM

hillsoftx on January 20, 2014 at 4:22 PM

It was a “choke” gesture. Ln the first half, Sherman was flagged for pass interference while guarding Crabtree. Did you notice that after the play, Sherman gave Crabtree a pat on the helmet or back as if to say, “good play.” So, yeah, it’s credible that he wanted to show no hard feelings to Crabtree. When Crabtree shoved him in the face, that was when Sherman went off.

Mallard T. Drake on January 20, 2014 at 4:27 PM

What death? He’s still alive as far as I know.

TarheelBen on January 20, 2014 at 4:19 PM

yeah I had to go check on that. He’s still very much alive, it’s just lib that’s braindead.

Fred

jrsrigmvr on January 20, 2014 at 4:31 PM

The poster who called Muhammad Ali “Cassius Clay” pulled the race card first….

libfreeordie on January 20, 2014 at 4:08 PM

Translated: “I’m going to totally ignore some of The Greatest’s finest boxing achievements, including the Sonny Liston fight, because they happened before he changed his name!”

Thanks for clearing that up, Teaching Assistant!

A+

Del Dolemonte on January 20, 2014 at 4:34 PM

hillsoftx on January 20, 2014 at 4:23 PM

Or it’s racist that the Seattle team’s mascot is not rooted in the local native American tribes history (it’s egregiously racist given the city name – it’s almost like the white people don’t want anyone to think Seattle has tribal roots).

gwelf on January 20, 2014 at 4:35 PM

Akzed on January 20, 2014 at 4:08 PM

libfreeordie on January 20, 2014 at 4:16 PM

Err, The Greatest is still alive, Teaching Assistant.

G-

Del Dolemonte on January 20, 2014 at 4:36 PM

Just want to thank Richard Sherman for not blaming Bill Belichick.

Del Dolemonte on January 20, 2014 at 4:38 PM

You guys are totally disrespecting the memory of Clay/Ali by bringing up the fact he’s not dead.
And we all know why. Racists.

gwelf on January 20, 2014 at 4:39 PM

I blame the father of all sports trash-talking.

Cassius Clay.

fogw on January 20, 2014 at 3:10 PM

I don’t know, I’ve heard John L. Sullivan could talk some smack.

warden on January 20, 2014 at 4:46 PM

I don’t really think this is such a big deal – heat of the moment kind of thing – and the media intentionally does that just to get some controversy.
From what I’ve seen overall, like when he’s done the pre-game shows and interviews, I actually kind of like Sherman – he seems to be an “intelligent” trash-talker, and he backs up his trash-talk on the field – more than most – as he did yesterday.

BUT – as a Broncos fan, I’m hoping the Thomas brothers, Welker, and Decker run circles around him in the Superbowl.

dentarthurdent on January 20, 2014 at 4:46 PM

libfreeordie on January 20, 2014 at 4:16 PM

So which name would it be disrespectful to use for Chad Johnson / Ocho-Cinco / Johnson?
How about for Prince / [symbol} / whatever?

dentarthurdent on January 20, 2014 at 4:51 PM

I blame the father of all sports trash-talking.

Cassius Clay.

fogw on January 20, 2014 at 3:10 PM

I don’t know, I’ve heard John L. Sullivan could talk some smack.

warden on January 20, 2014 at 4:46 PM

LMAO!

And Alonzo Stagg practically Invented trash talking
on the Gridiron!!

Of course he was just a Piker compared to Red Grange..

ToddPA on January 20, 2014 at 5:10 PM

Educated?

Murphy9 on January 20, 2014 at 5:17 PM

libfreeordie on January 20, 2014 at 4:16 PM

Moron.

The reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated.
Mark Twain Cassius Clay/Mohammed Ali

dentarthurdent on January 20, 2014 at 5:17 PM

libfreeordie on January 20, 2014 at 4:16 PM

How about for Prince / [symbol} / whatever?

dentarthurdent on January 20, 2014 at 4:51 PM

And what about World B. Free?

Del Dolemonte on January 20, 2014 at 5:18 PM

dentarthurdent on January 20, 2014 at 4:51 PM

And what about World B. Free?
Del Dolemonte on January 20, 2014 at 5:18 PM

Or Metta World Peace / Ron Artest?

dentarthurdent on January 20, 2014 at 5:26 PM

Typical candy-ass, Chamberlin-esque, RINO… ;-)

SouthernGent on January 20, 2014 at 5:32 PM

According to ESPN today, Sherman stated, “Racism is alive and well in America….” Who was it who played the race card again?

rlwo2008 on January 20, 2014 at 5:39 PM

He might have started it, but the guy who retaliates gets called.

Don’t like it? Find another line of work, ahole.

Christien on January 20, 2014 at 5:44 PM

U want to laugh…watch the video where Sherman tells Skip Bayless hes better than him at life. its awesome.

Spliff Menendez on January 20, 2014 at 5:46 PM

It’s pretty simple. When the network cutie pulls you aside for an interview, you make like a good sport and give credit to the Lord or to your team mates, coaches and fans or other inanities. I think there’s a script somewhere.

flataffect on January 20, 2014 at 5:48 PM

Maybe the decent Seahawks fans will help their team identify the culprit who attacked Bowman and have them banned from attending home games FOR LIFE.

That would be a good start.

Christien on January 20, 2014 at 5:51 PM

s/b culprits (plural)

Christien on January 20, 2014 at 5:51 PM

LOL@ libturd

Ali’s 72nd bday was three days ago. I even wished him happy bday on the Michelle turns 50 thread.

Ignorant tool.

Christien on January 20, 2014 at 5:54 PM

hillsoftx on January 20, 2014 at 4:22 PM

As a Matter of fact…

jaydee_007 on January 20, 2014 at 5:57 PM

flataffect on January 20, 2014 at 5:48 PM

[W]e — the media, and fans in general — don’t know what we want. We rip athletes for giving us boring quotes. But if they say what they actually feel, we rip them for spouting off or showing a lack of class.

Tommy Tomlinson Forbes Magazine

jaydee_007 on January 20, 2014 at 5:59 PM

Pete Carroll is a major league AZZHOLE!

ToddPA on January 20, 2014 at 3:26 PM

Used to like the dude, mainly because he was the Pats head coach for a season (with crappy results, it should be added). But I started to lose respect for him after the stuff with the USC scandals.

And today, I find this, and now have absolutely no respect for the dude.

Seattle head coach Pete Carroll hosted a retired four-star general at the Seahawks facility last spring and blitzed him with questions about whether the 9/11 attacks “had been planned or faked” by the government, according to Deadspin.com.

Decorated general Peter Chiarelli, who had just called it a career, was discussing football and brain injuries with Carroll before the conversation took a turn, Deadspin reported.

“Every 9/11 conspiracy theory you can think of, Pete asked about,” former NFL linebacker Riki Ellison told Deadspin.

Del Dolemonte on January 20, 2014 at 6:02 PM

Mallard T. Drake on January 20, 2014 at 4:27 PM

Constantly patting opponents is a common passive-aggressive tactic. Good thing hair is part of the uni in the NFL. It would be hilarious to see his get “tugged” or flipped by an opponent after every play.

Christien on January 20, 2014 at 6:05 PM

I see that liberal politics have gotten so pitiful the trolls can only show up on sports threads.

Cool.

trigon on January 20, 2014 at 6:05 PM

Del Dolemonte on January 20, 2014 at 6:02 PM

I’ll believe Chiarelli over homer fans like T-Drake any day.

Christien on January 20, 2014 at 6:08 PM

Spliff Menendez on January 20, 2014 at 5:46 PM

Yep. The money shot is when Li’l Ricky starts choking back tears.

U Sad Bro?

Christien on January 20, 2014 at 6:10 PM

Primetime spoke out against Squirmin’ Sherman’s antics.

Christien on January 20, 2014 at 6:13 PM

He might have started it, but the guy who retaliates gets called.

Don’t like it? Find another line of work, ahole.

Christien on January 20, 2014 at 5:44 PM

? He’s 24 and one of the best corners in the league. And to further prove you ignorance, Crabtree did the retaliating by shoving Sherman in the head, yet it was Sherman who got flagged not for talking to Crabtree, but for giving a choke sign to Kaepernick.

But lets just ignore when Crabtree tried to fight Sherman at a charity event over the offseason. Sherman vowed to “make a play” on Crabtree then, and boy did he ever on Sunday.

Sherman FTW

His column today at mmqb.com is good stuff. He takes a big swing at Seahawks fans for throwing popcorn at Bowman as he was carted off.

Im not a Seahawks fan at all but this whole thing started by Crabtree trying to start a fight with Sherman and ended with Sherman denying Crabtree a TD and taking a trip to the Super Bowl, and im enjoying it.

Spliff Menendez on January 20, 2014 at 6:13 PM

Libfree really? You’re using the ‘but he did it too’ and ‘Philly is worse’ defenses? How old are you . Grow up. You’re 16 year old fantasy boys are probably more mature.

pulled the race card first….

libfreeordie on January 20, 2014 at 4:08 PM

You salivate more heavily for the race card than you do for 16 year olds.

CWchangedhisNicagain on January 20, 2014 at 6:19 PM