Weinstein: I’m making a movie that the NRA will hate

posted at 10:01 am on January 16, 2014 by Ed Morrissey

I know this will shock Hot Air readers, but a major Hollywood producer plans to make a movie for political purposes. (Gasp!) And it will oppose conservative/libertarian values. (Gasp!) And it will star Meryl Streep. Okay, that doesn’t really surprise anyone, but the hypocrisy here is amusing nonetheless. The man who fills screens with flying bullets on a regular basis told Howard Stern yesterday that he’s going to make the NRA “wish they weren’t alive after I’m done with them.”

Er … good luck with that, Harvey Weinstein:

Big-time movie producer Harvey Weinstein revealed Wednesday that he is making an anti-gun movie with actress Meryl Streep that is going to make the National Rifle Association “wish they weren’t alive.”

During an interview with Howard Stern on his radio show, Weinstein said the new full feature drama will take the NRA “head on.” He also said he’s never owned a gun and never will.

“I don’t think we need guns in this country. And I hate it. I think the NRA is a disaster area,” Weinstein said. …

“I’m going to make a movie with Meryl Streep, and we’re going to take this issue head on. And they’re going to wish they weren’t alive after I’m done with them,” he added, referring to the NRA.

Congratulations, genius. You’re setting out to make a movie that will annoy more than 60 million Americans who responsibly own firearms.  What a great marketing strategy that will be! Why, this new project will take … the same oh-so-courageous-and-tediously-didactic path as the anti-war films Lions for Lambs and Rendition, two films which bombed at the box office in 2007, both of which also starred … Meryl Streep.

Let’s muse on the irony, though, of Harvey Weinstein making this declaration. How much gunfire went into Pulp Fiction, which he exec-produced? The 2008 Rambo sequel? Jackie Brown? Let’s talk about the blood-drenched Quentin Tarantino dreckfest Planet Terror, where the protagonists arm up to protect themselves (against zombies). Even when guns aren’t necessarily the issue, Weinstein has no problem with massively violent films like the Kill Bill series, the third installment of which is apparently in pre-production despite the fact that Bill died at the end of “Vol. 2″.

Anyway, Harvey, best of luck with that marketing strategy. If you’re that interested in quelling violence, maybe you should rethink your partnership with Quentin for a start.

Update: Maybe Harvey should take a meeting with Mark Tapscott:

Yet, as Daniel Payne Points out today in an important analysis posted on the Federalist blog, a Gallup poll recently found that 47 percent of Americans reporting having at least one firearm in their home.

And gun ownership is spiraling, a fact that is reflected in the FBI’s conducting more than 21 million background checks for firearms purchasers in 2013, the most in a single year since 1998 when such checks started.

Where’s the crime wave?

The quick answer is, there isn’t one.

Harvey, have yours call Mark’s and do lunch sometime. Soon.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Since Weinstein ‘doesn’t like guns’, I suppose all his bodyguards are carrying pillows?

GarandFan on January 16, 2014 at 11:32 AM

Uh, yeah. EVERY liberal attempt to attack the NRA, and their 5 MILLION members, and to turn Americans against our 2nd Amendment rights, has fallen flat – and this dopey effort will be no different. But, it’s always nice to see America’s liberal enemies wasting their resources, time and energy.

Pork-Chop on January 16, 2014 at 11:33 AM

U.S. Senator Rob Portman (R-Ohio) has signed on as an original cosponsor of the Constitutional Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2014, legislation introduced by Senator John Cornyn (R-TX) which would allow individuals with concealed carry privileges in their home state to exercise those rights in any other state that also has concealed carry laws. The legislation is also cosponsored by U.S. Sens. Thune (R-SD), Vitter (R-LA), Graham (R-SC), Boozman (R-AR), Inhofe (R-OK), Crapo (R-ID), Burr (R-NC), Cochran (R-MS), Johanns (R-NE), Enzi (R-WY), Moran (R-KS), and Roberts (R-KS).

utm_source=twitterfeed

davidk on January 16, 2014 at 11:35 AM

Here are some current Weinstein movies to BOYCOTT…..

BOYCOTT – MANDELA: LONG WALK TO FREEDOM

BOYCOTT – PHILOMENA

BOYCOTT – AUGUST: OSAGE COUNTY

BOYCOTT – SIN CITY 2

BOYCOTT – LEE DANIELS’ THE BUTLER

redguy on January 16, 2014 at 10:39 AM

No problem there….all are on my list of “must avoids” already. Easy to avoid too, ’cause none have stories that appeal to me.

hawkeye54 on January 16, 2014 at 11:35 AM

I pray that his bluster that he can effect his express purpose to manipulate viewers leads to an awakening and then at least a partial downfall of Hollywood’s capabilities as shapers of culture.

I know a lot of the figures and facts on gun violence and perhaps his comments will make enough people want to double-check the Hollywood spin with the facts for themselves, and any lies he tells in the film–or any shading of truth can be exposed.

If it can attune more people to the realization that news media shuts out the conservative voice, movies slander conservatives–or omit actual facts, and powerful , rich Hollywood producers, whose house and swimming pool could be larger than your residential block, conspire in this, and against express Constitutional rights. The IRS targets conservative causes, audits conservative whistle-blowers. If all this could filter down to middle America, the natural American affection for the “underdog” could actually tip the scales our way.

Of course, it’s a lot to hope for right now. But hubris of this level could be a good start.

Axeman on January 16, 2014 at 11:36 AM

BOYCOTT – AUGUST: OSAGE COUNTY

redguy on January 16, 2014 at 10:39 AM

Already on the job.

Axeman on January 16, 2014 at 11:36 AM

I bet it will be a movie about Sandy Hook.

Meryl Streep plays Nancy Lanza

portlandon on January 16, 2014 at 11:17 AM

That’s a good prediction. Makes total sense.

Kudos !

listens2glenn on January 16, 2014 at 11:37 AM

Go ahead, Punk!!!

Schadenfreude on January 16, 2014 at 11:37 AM

Which is why other people carry them to protect him. Like most other lefty elites, he leaves the dirty work to underlings.

I don’t think we need guns in this country.

By “we”, he really means “us”, as in ordinary, common folk….not him. He is extraordinary and uncommon, and the statement does not apply to him. Statements such as this never apply to the one making it.

hawkeye54 on January 16, 2014 at 11:38 AM

GarandFan on January 16, 2014 at 11:32 AM

That, plus … for the real STRONG would-be attackers, they carry a “comfy chair.”

listens2glenn on January 16, 2014 at 11:40 AM

I tried that – it didn’t work.
I had a bunch of Smith & Wesson stock that I ended up selling at a loss in late 2012 because even as their sales and profits skyrocketed, the stock value went down.

dentarthurdent on January 16, 2014 at 11:20 AM

Timing is everything, as they say. SWHC has about doubled since then. So has RGR. The ride hasn’t been smooth – there have been ups and downs along the way for both.

climbnjump on January 16, 2014 at 11:46 AM

By “guns,” he means razors, dieting, and exercise.

Christien on January 16, 2014 at 11:47 AM

…and let’s not forget the elephant in room…

One group of people commits the majority of gun homicide on the same group of people. I will hazard they are not NRA members.

roy_batty on January 16, 2014 at 11:15 AM

davidk on January 16, 2014 at 11:48 AM

And he thinks publicizing the fact that he’s making a movie that most gun supporters will think sucks is likely to generate good attendance? Whatever.

katiejane on January 16, 2014 at 11:50 AM

climbnjump on January 16, 2014 at 11:46 AM

Ya – I would have preferred to hold it for a lot longer, but I needed the money and the stock was going in the wrong direction – so I unloaded it before year end to write off the loss on my taxes.
I bought it at $10.51 in Sep 2012 and sold it at $8.48 at the end of Dec 2012. As of right now it’s up to $14.90 – so holding for another year or so would have been much better.

dentarthurdent on January 16, 2014 at 11:54 AM

Just the other day, I was pondering over Colonel Jessup in A Few Good Men. And I realized that there was a way to say what he was saying without the “I provide” line. If you simply substituted “It’s my job to protect American citizens the best way I know how” he becomes a whole lot more sympathetic.

Now I realize that the thing I disliked most about Jessup is that he was a liberal straw man. (I’m amazed that it took me nearly 20 years to realize this.)

Thanks for the telegram, Reiner.

Axeman on January 16, 2014 at 11:59 AM

New made up, hysterical anti-gun term

Ghost Guns:

The “ghost guns” that can slip through metal detectors and be assembled at home without safeguards are spurring efforts in California and elsewhere to bring these weapons and their owners out of the shadows.

I guess you use ghost guns to hunt rainbow-farting unicorns. I mean, since we’re not basing any of this on reality. Continuing:

A state lawmaker proposed legislation Monday to make background checks and gun registrations requirements for anyone who builds plastic firearms on a 3-D printer at home.

Yes, because someone making a 3D printed gun for nefarious purposes will certainly register that and get a background check because the law says so.

davidk on January 16, 2014 at 12:01 PM

So Hollywood is now admitting that they produce propaganda for the left? Good luck with that.

Garym on January 16, 2014 at 12:01 PM

“Yet, as Daniel Payne Points out today in an important analysis posted on the Federalist blog, a Gallup poll recently found that 47 percent of Americans reporting having at least one firearm in their home.”

That’s only those willing to answer. I’d be telling some random guy on the phone that I either didn’t have any guns or lost them all in a tragic boating accident.

Spade on January 16, 2014 at 12:05 PM

If you want to watch Hollywood films, BORROW them from your local library.

Watch films for free, and deny those Hollywood assholes your money.

thgrant on January 16, 2014 at 12:05 PM

What a puke.

crosshugger on January 16, 2014 at 12:06 PM

Will his movie project make a profit, maybe. Will it damage the NRA and stifle gun sales, as likely as:

That Jerry Jones fires himself as the Cowboy’s general manager.
The Cub’s win 3 straight series.
NBA players quit hanging out in strip clubs.

Wallythedog on January 16, 2014 at 12:07 PM

I am under the impression that the best way to persuade an audience is to let them draw their own conclusions and not to tell them upfront what you want them to believe.

thuja on January 16, 2014 at 10:06 AM

Do you still agree that killing an unborn baby is no different than killing a dog?

davidk on January 16, 2014 at 10:32 AM

Why would you imagine that I had changed my mind on the subject? And why do you want to constantly engage me on abortion? Your obsession with me on this subject does not seem consistent with good mental health.

thuja on January 16, 2014 at 12:08 PM

Thanks for the telegram, Reiner.

Axeman on January 16, 2014 at 11:59 AM

Yeah, I hated it when I had to realize that I could no longer like that movie.

22044 on January 16, 2014 at 12:15 PM

thuja on January 16, 2014 at 10:06 AM

davidk on January 16, 2014 at 10:32 AM

thuja on January 16, 2014 at 12:08 PM

Thank you for your response.

Anyone who says that unwanted puppies and unwanted babies are equal need not suggest that another may be mentally unbalanced.

If your mental state is good, then you are a murderer in the first degree.

davidk on January 16, 2014 at 12:15 PM

Just finished reading about self-important narcissists (Obama / Snowden) and now I’m reading about another self-important narcissist (Weinstein).

I wonder who will get the last laugh in this example of Hollywood petulance and arrogance? In the vast majority of the cases, it’s the American citizen who ‘votes with their actions’ by not bothering to buy tickets to the self-indulgent crap that comes out of much of Hollywood.

I, for one, will enjoy reading of the $100M+ it will cost Weinstein to make this self-serving hate piece – and seeing it leave the local multiplex after a dismal 2 week run with a box office of less than 20% of it’s cost.

Athos on January 16, 2014 at 12:18 PM

Just once I’d like to see one of these guys invest a fraction of this kind of energy into protecting the lives of unborn children.

The Schaef on January 16, 2014 at 12:18 PM

Weinstein is against the human right to keep and bear arms, but I believe is also trying to drum up controversy for purposes of putting money in his pocket.

Hollywood’s business model is failing in a big way and could radically change over the next few years. In June of 2013, Stephen Spielberg spoke of the problem (Link to Hollywood Reporter article).

Bottom line, Hollywood’s business model does not work in the “Obama’s New Normal America” created and saved by liberal policies and GOP fecklessness and resulting in lowered disposable incomes. Weinstein knows it and is acting to extract every penny he can while also trying to make his leftist authoritarian political point.

He is greedy and power-mad, but he’s not stupid.

DrDeano on January 16, 2014 at 12:18 PM

Biden already wrote the prequel: “Buy a shotgun”

Terp Mole on January 16, 2014 at 12:19 PM

the Kill Bill series, the third installment of which is apparently in pre-production despite the fact that Bill died at the end of “Vol. 2″.

Quentin Tarantino Has Officially Shut Down Any Rumors Of Kill Bill 3

He seems serious about it too. Kill Bill was actually one film that was too long and he refused to cut so they put it out as 2.

Rocks on January 16, 2014 at 12:23 PM

If your mental state is good, then you are a murderer in the first degree.

davidk on January 16, 2014 at 12:15 PM

Do you feel compelled to talk this way with everyone you meet who disagree with you on abortion? Or am I the only lucky object of your obsession?

thuja on January 16, 2014 at 12:29 PM

Harvey Weinstein is the ultimate Holywood idiot, and a giant pig….my father-in-law sat next to his table at a wedding in LA and he said that he was the most disgusting boor with the worst manners and arrogant like heck, annoying pretty much everybody at his table…even in the world of Holywood he’s not respected, most despise him precisely for his arrogant rudeness…it’s actually his brother, Bob who’s the brain behind the Weinstein Company, his role is supposed to be that of the ‘schmoozer’, the PR person of the duo, in reality he’s a blabbermouth that got him in trouble on many occasions…case in point: bragging about a projected movie who will annoy half the country, if not more…I wouldn’t be suroprsed if the movie never happens, though on the ither hand am sure a lot of Holywood imbeciles will throw their money behind it…

jimver on January 16, 2014 at 12:30 PM

Attention Harvey: I hate your movies anyway.

rhombus on January 16, 2014 at 12:30 PM

Something tells me that the NRA is not worried about this in the least.

WhatSlushfund on January 16, 2014 at 12:30 PM

Weinstein: I’m making a movie that the NRA will hate

I hate re-runs…

right2bright on January 16, 2014 at 12:33 PM

Clearly this guy is a hypocrite and a fool, one no doubt surrounded by sycophants who agree with his every word and thus contribute to his God-complex. But putting aside his personal idiocy for the nonce, I will never, EVER understand why so many of our Jewish brothers and sisters are so knee-jerkingly anti-gun. I am not a Jew, but if I were, and had a clear understanding as to how my people had suffered and been persecuted — namely by governments and those in positions of authority — I would be the gun-toting-est Jew you ever did see.

I mean, I’m down with the tribe and all, but this I just don’t get. Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me dozens of times throughout history and I am Glocking myself up to the gills.

CaptFlood on January 16, 2014 at 12:34 PM

Weinstein: I’m making a movie that the NRA will hate

I hate re-runs…

right2bright on January 16, 2014 at 12:33 PM

THREAD WINNER.

ToddPA on January 16, 2014 at 12:39 PM

He is greedy and power-mad, but he’s not stupid.

DrDeano on January 16, 2014 at 12:18 PM

Yep, precisely right…the holywood studios are being killed by cable networks + netflix/amazon/hulu by way of distribution…actually ‘slaughtered’ is probably the right term….even Disney admitted they have to change their business model, this is why after acquiring Pixar and the Lucas empire, they left them with enough freedom of decision and independence to do their own shtick and let them self-manage pretty much as they see fit…

jimver on January 16, 2014 at 12:40 PM

I find it ironic that a man who produces movies with massive shootouts is now into gun control

he says he owns no guns, well how about his bodyguards, how much heat are they packing

and finally i find it very ironic that a jew wants a power hungry cult leader to disarm all civilians.

Guess making more money is more important to this jew than the holocaust.

sniffles1999 on January 16, 2014 at 12:40 PM

I haven’t been to a movie theatre since 2002. I don’t buy their DVDs or rent anything they do whether it be on Direct Cinema or Netflix or any other means. I watch TCM if I feel the need to watch a movie. I’m just not going to give these Marxist my money.

Big Orange on January 16, 2014 at 12:41 PM

I think we should encourage Harvey to go very big on his movie production. I think every expensive Hollywood actor should get a part as well as massive amounts of expensive special effects. What better way to make Harvey spend all his money and send him to the poor house.

TulsAmerican on January 16, 2014 at 12:48 PM

TulsAmerican on January 16, 2014 at 12:48 PM

He’s known to make stupid bets like that, he nearly ruined his company once by doing exactly this, betting all his (company’s) money on movies that flopped badly at the box office…

jimver on January 16, 2014 at 12:51 PM

Ok, are you telling me the billion in stimulus money given to weinstein by Obama wasn’t just to for “art”?! I’m shocked! Shocked I tell ya!

Redglen on January 16, 2014 at 12:55 PM

Well at least he’s not making a two part film of Atlas Shrugged.

verbaluce on January 16, 2014 at 12:57 PM

Repeat after me, Harv…

Pro-American Movie Studios.

Kickstarter.

iTunes/NetFlix/Hulu

Hollywood has competition…so STFU….in a good way, ‘kay Harvey?

BlaxPac on January 16, 2014 at 1:02 PM

Well at least he’s not making a two part film of Atlas Shrugged.

verbaluce on January 16, 2014 at 12:57 PM

CROSS-POSTING (but “on topic”):

verbaluce on January 15, 2014 at 12:20 PM

Why aren’t you clamoring for Americans to get more discipline in their private lives, instead of clamoring to get the guns OUT of their private lives ?

listens2glenn on January 15, 2014 at 1:21 PM

listens2glenn on January 16, 2014 at 1:04 PM

Guess making more money is more important to this jew than the holocaust.

sniffles1999 on January 16, 2014 at 12:40 PM

Oh, make no mistake, he had something to say about that too, only his argument is so stupid and his logic on this so convoluted that this piece in Washington Times excoriates him for it:

Mr. Stern pointed out the inconsistencies in Mr. Weinstein’s earlier comments about a project about Jews defending themselves during the Holocaust. The producer replied that the justification for using a gun is “when you’re marching a half of a million people into Auschwitz.”
Mr. Weinstein does not seem to know that the Nazis were able to confiscate the guns that the Jewish people owned based on Germany’s government registry.
Also, the producer said he would have used a gun to stop from going to a concentration camp if he “found a gun, and if that was happening to my people.” Mr. Weinstein has been watching too many movies if he thinks the good guys find fully loaded firearms in convenient locations to use only when necessary.

jimver on January 16, 2014 at 1:05 PM

Well at least he’s not making a two part film of Atlas Shrugged.

verbaluce on January 16, 2014 at 12:57 PM

It’s actually a three-part film…a third one is coming…

jimver on January 16, 2014 at 1:06 PM

jimver on January 16, 2014 at 1:05 PM

Also, Howard Stern is at least partly “Semitic.”

listens2glenn on January 16, 2014 at 1:08 PM

Ooh, we’re sooooo SCAAAARED! (/huge sarc)

Flops from some loser fata$$ isn’t a huge threat.

Kingfisher on January 16, 2014 at 1:09 PM

It’s actually a three-part film…a third one is coming…

jimver on January 16, 2014 at 1:06 PM

Oh boy, are they recasting the everyone again? The actors in the first part were so much better than the second part.

Murphy9 on January 16, 2014 at 1:09 PM

jimver on January 16, 2014 at 1:05 PM

Also, Howard Stern is at least partly “Semitic.”

listens2glenn on January 16, 2014 at 1:08 PM

I think he’s actually Semitic through and through :), you can’t get more Jewish than that, on both parents’ side that is…but if by that you you mean that he’s not the practising kind, that’s true…

jimver on January 16, 2014 at 1:14 PM

The man’s a genius. Why? Two words: “The Producers”.

tominsd on January 16, 2014 at 11:10 AM

Good point.

Dr. Frank Enstine on January 16, 2014 at 11:17 AM

Really? A remake of an already successful movie, based on a tremendously succesful broadway show makes him a genius?

Talk about the bar being low.

Mitoch55 on January 16, 2014 at 1:14 PM

I bet it will be a movie about Sandy Hook.

Meryl Streep plays Nancy Lanza

portlandon on January 16, 2014 at 11:17 AM

And she and her son will be portrayed as die-hard NRA members (which they weren’t). As in 12 Years a Slave, actual fact takes a back seat to “dramatic license” in pursuit of “presenting a message”.

ddrintn on January 16, 2014 at 1:20 PM

It’s the easiest thing in the world to stay home from a movie.

Cicero43 on January 16, 2014 at 1:21 PM

LOL. That describes just about any Hollywood dreck anyway.

ddrintn on January 16, 2014 at 1:22 PM

listens2glenn on January 16, 2014 at 1:04 PM

Hi –
You somehow missed that I did reply to you in that thread, and not long after your comment directed at me.
Apology accepted.

verbaluce on January 16, 2014 at 1:22 PM

The man’s a genius. Why? Two words: “The Producers”.

tominsd on January 16, 2014 at 11:10 AM

Good point.

Dr. Frank Enstine on January 16, 2014 at 11:17 AM

Talk about the bar being low.

Mitoch55 on January 16, 2014 at 1:14 PM

I think that was a double dose of sarcasm.

fadetogray on January 16, 2014 at 1:25 PM

verbaluce on January 16, 2014 at 1:22 PM

Grab your partners! It’s time for the verbaluce two-step!

Twist youself like a pretzel…do si do!
Allemande Left…and stay there.

kingsjester on January 16, 2014 at 1:26 PM

NOTE TO WEINSTEIN

I plan to take the money I would normally spend for your upcoming flop to renew my NRA membership.

Kingfisher on January 16, 2014 at 1:27 PM

It’s actually a three-part film…a third one is coming…

jimver on January 16, 2014 at 1:06 PM

Good gawd no, really?
Though I guess it’s not too hard to make some $ with those budgets and some direct-to-video marketing.

Say what you will about the films made by ‘Hollywood lefty types’ – but as it relates to quality film making and great acting vs what cons/righties come up with, you might wanna say ‘thank you’.

verbaluce on January 16, 2014 at 1:28 PM

ddrintn on January 16, 2014 at 1:20 PM

Dead ole Harvey has to be stark raving mad to take up the case of a mentally ill and make it into an argument why guns overall should be banned…and making the mother into the ‘bad guy’ in the whole story, would be equally as stupid…though am sure Streep could pull that off…

jimver on January 16, 2014 at 1:28 PM

Whose money is he using?

mojo on January 16, 2014 at 1:30 PM

Whose money is he using?

mojo on January 16, 2014 at 1:30 PM

For PR?
Currently, Hot Air’s.

verbaluce on January 16, 2014 at 1:40 PM

Big Orange on January 16, 2014 at 12:41 PM

When I get the urge to watch what passes for entertainment on TV/Movie Theatres/Internet, I put on some music and find a good book. The urge goes away.

thuja on January 16, 2014 at 1:41 PM

verbaluce on January 16, 2014 at 1:28 PM

Yeah, but production value doesn’t mean that much really, nowadays…strangely enough perhaps, but in Europe (that should be a natural ally of the lefty Holywood, at least in thematic terms) the Holywood movies are greatly despised and there’s a new sense of appreciation for small productions with cultural value, also that bring a sense of reality to the viewer, as opposed to the Holywood phoniness….reason why a new wave of Scandinavian small-scale productions, with quasi-unknown actors are making inroads and have become quite the trend, if not the rage there (Yellow Bird productions for instance, thes same that produced ‘The Girl with the Dragon tattoo trilogy’, the Swedish version). Actually this ‘model’ is being transplanted to the US (not courtesy of Holywood :), they don’t learn a thing, but rather cable networks and Netflix), see ‘The Killing’, which was a Danish production originally…

jimver on January 16, 2014 at 1:41 PM

If your goal is to make a movie that preaches a political viewpoint, I wouldn’t count on getting a lot of people to show up at the box office. He may succeed in making a movie that the NRA will hate, but there’s no guarantee that the gun control crowd will show up and buy tickets either.

J.S.K. on January 16, 2014 at 1:42 PM

Let me guess, a number of 2015 Oscars already “won”.

riddick on January 16, 2014 at 1:44 PM

This reprobate is walking excrement. He campaigned to clear Polanski saying no crime had been committed – even as Polanski was pleading guilty.

itsacookbook on January 16, 2014 at 1:44 PM

jimver on January 16, 2014 at 1:41 PM

I’m not surprised that in Europe, the critics and the cultural elite may despise Hollywood movies. But the audience doesn’t. The top five films at the French box office in 2013 were “Frozen,” “The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug,” “Despicable Me 2,” “Iron Man 3,” and “Gravity.”

J.S.K. on January 16, 2014 at 1:48 PM

but if by that you you mean that he’s not the practising kind, that’s true…

jimver on January 16, 2014 at 1:14 PM

Since when not practicing makes someone “less of a Jew”? As I pointed out a few years back to some “real Jews” on cigar boards, Its not my visits to the shul that make me a Jew, its what flows in my veins.

Jew and Judaism are two very different things.

That said, I consider Hollywood Jews “fake” even though most of them go to shul. Anyone working for and helping communist cause is “fake”. Weinstein is not really a good representation for many of us, especially those who escaped USSR. He’s more of a SHAME for us.

Also, in that same interview the idiot told Stern that not only he is against guns, but there is not a gun in his house. I say he is lying one way or another, his body guards surely carry. Bloomberg also does not own a gun, same idiotic head in the sand view. Someone should film Weinstein with his body guards carrying and flood the ‘net with those right prior to the movie coming out. Strange that usually sharp Stern did not point this out to the lying sack of crap during live show.

riddick on January 16, 2014 at 1:51 PM

I’m calling it now. This film will gross $2.5 million on opening weekend.

Pale Rider on January 16, 2014 at 1:51 PM

itsacookbook on January 16, 2014 at 1:44 PM

Well, he’s got 4 daughters, he can start putting his money where his mouth is by letting Polanski in the same room with any of them, or baby-sit his youngest :)…

jimver on January 16, 2014 at 1:52 PM

Well this should be interesting.

Maybe it will be a movie about Dog Eater and his boy Holder running guns to Mexico.

Bishop on January 16, 2014 at 1:53 PM

Say what you will about the films made by ‘Hollywood lefty types’

We do! Some of it sucks monkey d**k…and some don’t even reach that goal.

verbaluce on January 16, 2014 at 1:28 PM

So these guys….part of the Vast RW Conspiracy then?

BlaxPac on January 16, 2014 at 1:55 PM

Heretofore, America is still a free country to do as you chose. So, Harvey go ahead and make your movie. Your viewing audience will consist of: about 20 percent Liberal/Progressives and maybe an additional 5 percent of those that are just plain curious. That will leave about 75 percent us knowing that you have removed all doubts about your disillusion of gun ownership. But, we will be more than certain you are a complete arse.

DDay on January 16, 2014 at 1:59 PM

‘The Killing’, which was a Danish production originally…

jimver on January 16, 2014 at 1:41 PM

Big fan.
Have you seen BBC’s Broadchurch?
In the same vein…also very good.

verbaluce on January 16, 2014 at 2:01 PM

J.S.K. on January 16, 2014 at 1:48 PM

Frozen not so bad, considering…

I’d say the best film I’ve seen recently is The Gatekeepers.
From last year.
A doc, but very artfully done.

verbaluce on January 16, 2014 at 2:04 PM

If people don’t want to go to the picture, nobody can stop them.
- Samuel Goldwyn

Fred 2 on January 16, 2014 at 2:09 PM

If your mental state is good, then you are a murderer in the first degree.

davidk on January 16, 2014 at 12:15 PM

thuja on January 16, 2014 at 12:29 PM

“Compelled” and “obsession” are accurate. “Disagree” is somewhat understated.

I will compellingly and obsessively oppose and call out anyone so inhumane as to claim that there is no difference between killing a dog and an innocent unborn child.

davidk on January 16, 2014 at 2:09 PM

You might want to correct your story there. Quentin Tarantino didn’t direct “Planet Terror”, that was Robert Rodriguez. QT did direct “Death Proof”, the other half of the “Grindhouse” feature.

TMOverbeck on January 16, 2014 at 2:13 PM

Galtian: I’m keeping my movie ticket money in my wallet and voting with my feet. So there.

Galtian on January 16, 2014 at 2:18 PM

but if by that you you mean that he’s not the practising kind, that’s true…

jimver on January 16, 2014 at 1:14 PM

Jew and Judaism are two very different things.

riddick on January 16, 2014 at 1:51 PM

..I was trying to actually figure what listens2glenn meant by Stern being partly Semitic, since I know for a fact that he’s Jewish on both sides…so, I thought that maybe he meant that he wasn’t a practising Jew, I was more putting words into his mouth, than making a statement myself….like you, I greatly dislike the Holywood Jew types precisely because of their humongous hypocrisy and inconsistency (which at times borders stupidity) on most issues…and you are right also about their ‘hollier than though’ stance, take a stroll once in Beverly Hills and look at the proliferation of the Yeshiva schools there, it boggles the mind really, since they are on the wrong side of mostly everything that would actually preserve Jewishness …

jimver on January 16, 2014 at 2:18 PM

Hi –

verbaluce on January 16, 2014 at 1:22 PM

Heh. I’m sure you are.

Lanceman on January 16, 2014 at 2:24 PM

The Killing’, which was a Danish production originally…

jimver on January 16, 2014 at 1:41 PM

Big fan.
Have you seen BBC’s Broadchurch?
In the same vein…also very good.

verbaluce on January 16, 2014 at 2:01 PM

Loved the ‘Killing’, ‘Broadchurch’ too…’Also Wire in the blood’ and ‘Wallander’ (the Kenneth Brannagh version, the old Swedish one is a bit boring though :)..

jimver on January 16, 2014 at 2:24 PM

Hi –

verbaluce on January 16, 2014 at 1:22 PM

Heh. I’m sure you are.

Lanceman on January 16, 2014 at 2:24 PM

High?
No…but whatever.

verbaluce on January 16, 2014 at 2:26 PM

If you want to watch Hollywood films, BORROW them from your local library.

Watch films for free, and deny those Hollywood assholes your money.

thgrant on January 16, 2014 at 12:05 PM

I’ll take that a little further and suggest to go look around on the internet. There are places to get movies/TV online for free that is safe from viruses. You don’t have to hit the torrent sites.

After all, these are the people that advocate “sharing the wealth” and will use your money against you to call you racists.

If you give Hollywood (and their advertisers and advocates) your money, then you are part of the problem.

kim roy on January 16, 2014 at 2:28 PM

jimver on January 16, 2014 at 2:24 PM

I liked the Swedish Wallander ok. Brannagh version is on my list.

Wish there was a way to see Forbrydelsen here, but they have it pretty locked up.
Might be time to invest in a multiformat DVD Player…+ the $80 to buy the disc.
Hoping Netflix comes through on that one.

verbaluce on January 16, 2014 at 2:29 PM

High?
No…but whatever.

verbaluce on January 16, 2014 at 2:26 PM

Don’t get offended, verbie. Like libdie, I’m glad you’re here. Just wish I knew what you did with urban_defeatist.

Lanceman on January 16, 2014 at 2:29 PM

Hey Harvey, do you think the Jews in Nazi Germany would dislike the NRA…?

It is amazing how ignorant and uneducated some of the hollywood elite tend to be…

Pull you rear, I mean head out of the sand and wake up…Stop being a hippocrate, it is the least you can do…

hotair on January 16, 2014 at 2:35 PM

Might be time to invest in a multiformat DVD Player…+ the $80 to buy the disc.
Hoping Netflix comes through on that one.

verbaluce on January 16, 2014 at 2:29 PM

Saw the original too, have to say I am kinda torn, they are both good, the fact that they brought Joel Kinnaman in for the American version made all the difference…say another ine of his Swedish movies, ‘Easy Money’, he’s excellent in that one too…Multifornat DVD player is the way to go :),, for me mainly coz one of the things that I miss from Europe (apart from the food :), is the movies :)…I got mine in Europe, much easier to get one there, actually it’s part of my home theatre system, not that easy to get one here…

jimver on January 16, 2014 at 2:36 PM

Don’t get offended, verbie.

Lanceman on January 16, 2014 at 2:29 PM

Never.
You need not be concerned.

verbaluce on January 16, 2014 at 2:43 PM

Well at least he’s not making a two part film of Atlas Shrugged.

verbaluce on January 16, 2014 at 12:57 PM

It’s actually a three-part film…a third one is coming…

jimver on January 16, 2014 at 1:06 PM

The Countdown Begins…

Fallon on January 16, 2014 at 2:43 PM

Sorry if this has been pointed out already, but Tarantino didn’t direct Planet Terror, Robert Rodriguez. QT directed the awesome Death Proof half of Grindhouse. Personally, I like that kind of ultraviolence, and I like the idea of HW setting a pile of money on fire to make a vanity movie no one will watch.

King B on January 16, 2014 at 3:01 PM

Fallon on January 16, 2014 at 2:43 PM

Cool! Of course, another year at least before a box-set release, or at least downloadable stream.

BlaxPac on January 16, 2014 at 3:01 PM

I bet it will be a movie about Sandy Hook.

Meryl Streep plays Nancy Lanza

portlandon on January 16, 2014 at 11:17 AM

That’s a good prediction. Makes total sense.

Kudos !

listens2glenn on January 16, 2014 at 11:37 AM

Hate to burst your bubble :), but this is what it’s going to be about, as per Harvey himself…sounds ridiculously boring to me…look for the link on Drudge…

‘The working title is ‘The Senator’s Wife’ will be a behind-the-scenes account of how the NRA used its influence with politicians to defeat the bill. ‘

jimver on January 16, 2014 at 3:05 PM

jimver on January 16, 2014 at 3:05 PM

Yawn. That’ll have as much effect as Wolf. Or whatever the name of that Leonardo DiCrappio thing was.

Lanceman on January 16, 2014 at 3:08 PM

In a nutshell, Weinstein and his ilk are making a movie he thinks the NRA will hate because the NRA and crew are preserving an America that he and his ilk clearly hate.

DrDeano on January 16, 2014 at 3:09 PM

verbaluce on January 16, 2014 at 1:28 PM

Yeah, like Ishtar and Gigli…….

itsspideyman on January 16, 2014 at 3:19 PM