Confirmed: Thanks to Twitter, members of Congress know exactly how much you hate them

posted at 7:21 pm on January 14, 2014 by Allahpundit

To cleanse the palate, via TPM, silly yet gratifying fun on a slow news day from NowThisNews. Usually this hate-tweet gag is designed to show how inane most of the social-media criticism received by celebrities is, but when your celebs belong to a group whose approval rating last month stood at nine percent, the target is more ambiguous. Who among us, my friends, wouldn’t like to tell Congress that they “really suck a pig’s ass”?

Speaking of which, I’m guessing that the person responsible for the McCaskill tweet is a Hillary fan.

Comments

They didn’t read the tweets that they deserved to hear. Especially Chuck Schumer.

portlandon on January 14, 2014 at 7:23 PM

Come on, AP.

It’s just uncalled for to drag the good name of pigs through the mud and compare them with what our government does.

Good Lt on January 14, 2014 at 7:25 PM

I don’t think that’s a fair insult. That would at least be providing a genuine service, to the pig if no one else, whereas Congress is just uniformly worthless and destructive.

Fabozz on January 14, 2014 at 7:27 PM

Wow, disappointing… If those are the worst tweets, they still don’t know how we really feel about them.

Fallon on January 14, 2014 at 7:31 PM

I don’t tweet but tell me techies, can you tweet pitchforks and torches?

Don L on January 14, 2014 at 7:33 PM

a group whose approval rating last month stood at nine percent

And yet gets re-elected at a 97% clip.

America is moronic.

Bitter Clinger on January 14, 2014 at 7:35 PM

Congress calls that “riding the gravy train,”

Flange on January 14, 2014 at 7:37 PM

Confirmed: people revel in being a-holes online.

changer1701 on January 14, 2014 at 7:37 PM

Schumer demonstrates every stereotype Adolf and Goebbels exploited.

… and he would be the last to realize it.

viking01 on January 14, 2014 at 7:45 PM

Reading constituent tweets is a first start…I guess….. but how long do we have to wait before we get to put them in the stocks or a pillory and can throw things at them?

aquaviva on January 14, 2014 at 7:46 PM

Hey , I don’t hate mine.

CWchangedhisNicagain on January 14, 2014 at 7:46 PM

Thanks to Twitter account hackers, you know Congressman Weiner’s member.

Christien on January 14, 2014 at 7:46 PM

Contempt would be more accurate than hate.

VorDaj on January 14, 2014 at 7:48 PM

My shirt.

CWchangedhisNicagain on January 14, 2014 at 7:50 PM

Why would I bother? Mccain, flake, barber.

It’s not like they listen. I’ve been in their face.

They don’t care.

Giffords was the worst next to mccain. Arrgant beyond belief.

They are true believers. Progs. They read profiles in courage and took it to heart. Ain’t no tweet 140 of anything gonna sway that.

They really think they know better. Elite.

wolly4321 on January 14, 2014 at 7:53 PM

Congress is just uniformly worthless and destructive.

Fabozz on January 14, 2014 at 7:27 PM

And proudly so!

rrpjr on January 14, 2014 at 7:54 PM

Why do you hate the clean pigs?

Schadenfreude on January 14, 2014 at 7:54 PM

Twitter works. I posted a “you made my mom cry” message to a utility that was giving her a hard time, and she not only got the problem solved, she got a phone call from the CEO apologizing.

See if you can get your asshole politician to do that.

southsideironworks on January 14, 2014 at 7:55 PM

Tweeting your true feelings to your elected representatives is all fun and games until the cops show up at your door.

myiq2xu on January 14, 2014 at 8:00 PM

I wish the people around here would wake up about Spencer Bachus. He’s what they called Sean Duffy….squared. What a doofus. What a dork.

jclittlep on January 14, 2014 at 8:07 PM

a group whose approval rating last month stood at nine percent
And yet gets re-elected at a 97% clip.

America is moronic.

Bitter Clinger on January 14, 2014 at 7:35 PM

Perfectly understandable. MY Congressman(s) or MY Senator(s) are okay, it is everyone elses who are the horrible ones.

Congress is not doing anything because Democrats like spending where it is and want to do more but lack the House due to 2010 so they are playing a waiting game. PPACA was supposed to prove all those voters who elected Republicans in 2010 wrong so that the “right” people (i.e. Democrats) can take their rightful place and advance their agenda.

Republicans, aside from the internal conflicts, are the ones who have to make progress. They are the ones who have to try to do something though they lack the Senate or the Presidency which denies them any real leverage. So you get some who want to tilt at windmills, sure in the knowledge that the “people” want them to, and others who would rather hold the ground they have in the hope that 2014 will at least get them the Senate where they can then try to do something.

So Democrats are trying to hold their line while Republicans want to advance their line but lack the strength to do so. Impasse.

Russ808 on January 14, 2014 at 8:08 PM

Chris Christie and Marco Rubio should read Hot Air comments. LOL!

terryannonline on January 14, 2014 at 8:09 PM

There’s nobody more deserving of this than members of Congress. Except maybe washed up celebrities who tweet about politics. For an encore someone should do them too!

scalleywag on January 14, 2014 at 8:13 PM

Wow. Hilarious.

Yuck it up, a$$holes.

Midas on January 14, 2014 at 8:26 PM

That’s OK.
We also know what they think of us peons.

LegendHasIt on January 14, 2014 at 8:28 PM

You know the other thing they’re learning? Just how completely ineffective our political system is that these idiots can’t seem to lose their jobs, even with a 4% approval rating.

KMC1 on January 14, 2014 at 8:35 PM

…I can’t tweet my member…can I?
…oh wait!…I should ask Anthony Weiner…

KOOLAID2 on January 14, 2014 at 8:36 PM

Then only the 9% that love or tolerate them should bother to go vote.

Don’t legitimize their power.

Dr. ZhivBlago on January 14, 2014 at 8:37 PM

Are they behind bars? Or still bellying up to them?

kcewa on January 14, 2014 at 8:40 PM

Paul Ryan looted the retirements of vets. If he isn’t satan incarnate he is definitely satan adjacent.

Happy Nomad on January 14, 2014 at 8:56 PM

Um, no, they have no idea. They only know what people are unafraid to record for posterity or the IRS whichever comes first.

txmomof6 on January 14, 2014 at 9:02 PM

The TEA Party needs to start running their own people, and by own I mean the folks that show up to rallies and are willing to run. We’ve been scammed by these professional politicans/RINOs.

Dr. ZhivBlago on January 14, 2014 at 9:05 PM

Oddly, these videos probably are the only thing these guys have done that might improve their standing.

Well done by Kimmel, though.

virgo on January 14, 2014 at 9:26 PM

Confirmed: people revel in being a-holes online.

changer1701 on January 14, 2014 at 7:37 PM

Also confirmed: People will happily call you anything as long as there’s 100 miles of ethernet cable between you and them.

Say it to your face? Not so much.

CurtZHP on January 14, 2014 at 9:27 PM

“How do they hate thee…

in only seven (or whatever) words….”

viking01 on January 14, 2014 at 9:37 PM

a group whose approval rating last month stood at nine percent

And yet gets re-elected at a 97% clip.

America is moronic.

Bitter Clinger on January 14, 2014 at 7:35 PM

Or the system is rigged by those who run it.

Myron Falwell on January 14, 2014 at 9:37 PM

Please explain to me why we have so many career politicians with all this hatred for the people in congress. Representatives are elected every two years and Senators every six, if you do not like them, do not “twit” them, vote them out of office or is that to much to ask.

savage24 on January 14, 2014 at 9:38 PM

This was awesome…more politicians should be FORCED to read these tweets regarding what Americans really think of them.

The sad thing is this ‘new revelation’ won’t change a thing…they will continue to float above the rest of us and continue to F* things up!

easyt65 on January 15, 2014 at 8:34 AM

southsideironworks on January 14, 2014 at 7:55 PM

I’ll try to keep this short. My father died right before Christmas, and because flights were so hard to get, my husband and I had to fly separately. He got bumped to a flight the next day, then that got botched, making it look like he’d miss his connection, which would make it questionable as to whether he’d get a seat on a flight in time for the funeral. I called Delta’s customer “service” line, in tears, explained the situation and asked if they could reserve a seat on the next flight in case he really did miss his connection. The woman told me, “I could tell you yes, but we won’t.” Who says that?

So I got on Twitter, and the person reserved a seat for him on the only flight in before the funeral, so he made it. I will always think that the publicness of the forum is what made the difference.

DrMagnolias on January 15, 2014 at 9:09 AM