Quotes of the day

posted at 9:11 pm on December 23, 2013 by Allahpundit

Phil Robertson has spoken out for the first time since his homophobic comments in a magazine interview went public and refused to go back on his controversial remarks, saying: ‘I will not give or back off from my path.’…

‘I love all men and women. I am a lover of humanity, not a hater,’ he added…

Then reading from the Bible he said, ‘The acts of the sinful nature are obvious. Sexual immorality, is number one on the list. How many ways can we sin sexually? My goodness. You open up that can of worms and people will be mad at you over it.

‘I am just reading what was written over 2000 years ago. Those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom. All I did was quote from the scriptures, but they just didn’t know it. Whether I said it, or they read it, what’s the difference? The sins are the same, humans haven’t changed.

***

There are obvious levels of sinfulness; the smallest white lie is not the same as a rape, and committing one does not mean committing them all. But you can hear the rhythms of the terrified fundamentalist psyche behind all these words. It is not enough for sins to occur (because that would make our time no different than any other); it is always the case that we are confronting a crisis of sinfulness, and that crisis is always spinning out of control into apocalyptic scenarios. So you give in to the gays, you give in to everything evil, because “if you break one sin you may as well break them all.” And if you break them all, America ceases to exist.

To recap: fundamentalism is not the same as Christianity. It has certain psychological tropes. The first is to see sexual sin as far the worst of them and the root of all of them. The second is to see gays – whose very being represents sexual sin – as an enemy class within a society bringing about its destruction if they are not stopped or converted (see: Jews, Europe, circa 1300 – 1945). The third is to see these gays as opening the door to every other sin and evil. The fourth is to “lose our country.”

***

Too many people are worshiping the Jesus they created, not the Jesus who is. Christ said to love, but he also said to go and sin no more. To love someone and not share the gospel — which includes a call for a penitent heart — is not truly love. It is this world’s definition of love, which, like the orcs or Mordor, is a perversion of the real thing God created.

That is something Tolkien got so spot on with Middle Earth. The evil things are corrupted or perverted things made to mimic the light and the good. Mordor has its own yard stick by which things can be measured, but its metrics are all based on evil.

Phil Robertson did nothing wrong. He just did not shy away from the parts of accepting Christ that make people uncomfortable. He loves people so much, he is not willing to give people the fast pass to Hell by telling them they are not sinners.

He did not judge. He just held up the yard stick and a whole lot of people did not like seeing it and realizing they’ve fallen short. In Mordor, after all, falling short is measuring up and measuring up is being a hater, homophobe, and judging.

***

Yet when even the pope wonders aloud as to whether it’s appropriate for him to judge, you begin to see the difficulty of deciding what “true Christians” ought to believe. This raises the question of whether the religiously based principles are merely cultural artifacts that we bend to our own immediate purposes.

The answer lies in embracing a humility about how imperfectly human beings understand the divine, which is quite different from rejecting God or faith. This humility defines the chasm between a living religious tradition and a dead traditionalism. We need to admit how tempted we are to deify whatever commitments we have at a given moment. And those of us who are Christian need to acknowledge that over the history of the faith, there have been occasions when “a supposedly changeless truth has changed,” as the great church historian and theologian Jaroslav Pelikan put it.

What distinguishes this view from pure relativism is the insistence that truth itself exists. The Christian’s obligation is to engage in an ongoing quest for a clearer understanding of what it is. Robertson would disagree with me, but I’d say that we are going through precisely such an effort when it comes to how we think about homosexuality, much as Christians have done before on such matters as slavery, the role of women and the Earth’s place in the universe.

***

Missing in the controversy over A&E’s handling of its golden goose—or duck, rather—is the fact that the real conflict here is not between Robertson and A&E; it is between gay activists and a solid majority of Christians who believe homosexual acts are wrong. Again, Robertson’s views are hardly anomalous. Christians may disagree on the details, but the Bible strongly condemns homosexuality in both the Old and New Testaments; the marriage model of one man and one woman is first given by God in Genesis 2 and reiterated by Jesus in Matthew 19; and in Romans 1 the Apostle Paul denounces homosexuality as a hallmark of a degenerate culture. The point here isn’t that you have to believe any of this, but many Christians do believe it and feel morally bound to believe it.

Instead of acknowledging this tension, however, A&E, GLAAD, and their supporters have responded with disingenuous expressions of shock and horror. And it matters that it’s disingenuous, because if they actually acknowledged that there is a genuine conflict between orthodox Christianity and homosexual sex (along with several forms of heterosexual sex) they would have to confront head-on the fact that calling for a boycott or pressuring for Robertson’s suspension tells orthodox Christians that their religion is no longer acceptable, and that’s not a very politically correct thing to do. Right now, they are trying to weasel out of it by characterizing Robertson as a backwoods bigot who takes his moral cues from Deliverance rather than from a straightforward reading of the Bible and the historic teachings of the Christian religion…

The message A&E’s decision sends is that the network will not tolerate someone who conscientiously objects to homosexuality on religious grounds. The implication of that message is that 45 percent of Americans should, in principle, be prepared either to sacrifice their jobs or recant their beliefs and endorse a lifestyle to which they are opposed, conscience be damned. To the extent that we embrace that implication, in television and in other American industries, we’re also embracing an identity as a nation that forces conformity while calling it tolerance.

***

Noel Sheppard of Newsbusters mentioned in an interview that the producer and lead animator for A Charlie Brown Christmas were “were very concerned about mixing religion into the program” and even “met with Peanuts creator Charles Schulz to try to talk him into deleting that scene.” When the lead animator told Schulz, “It’s very dangerous for us to start talking about religion now,” Schulz replied by saying, “Bill, if we don’t, who will?”

Palin said was “thankful for people who stick to their guns.”

“We’ve seen just recently that traditional Biblical values are being forced out of the mainstream,” she said. “Would A&E, which tried to silence Phil Robertson’s Biblical beliefs, tolerate a cartoon character reading the Bible? I doubt it.”

***

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

Merry Christmas everyone.
Bishop//

LeftCoastRight on December 23, 2013 at 9:15 PM

Again?

thatsafactjack on December 23, 2013 at 9:15 PM

And again, and again, and again… because it’s a slow news day, apparently. *sigh*

thatsafactjack on December 23, 2013 at 9:15 PM

The three wise men had beards. One had some mur.

SparkPlug on December 23, 2013 at 9:18 PM

To the Left: Happy Homodays!

To the Right: Merry Christmas!

M240H on December 23, 2013 at 9:19 PM

Okay. I’m officially done with this story.

Besides, there’s still some doo-dads for stocking stuffers that need wrapping.

tru2tx on December 23, 2013 at 9:20 PM

SparkPlug on December 23, 2013 at 9:18 PM

Myrrh… :)

thatsafactjack on December 23, 2013 at 9:20 PM

Let’s throw a yule log on the fire. Make sure it doesn’t roll out and burn the carpet.

SparkPlug on December 23, 2013 at 9:21 PM

I sense a thread hijacking coming. :)

thatsafactjack on December 23, 2013 at 9:21 PM

thatsafactjack on December 23, 2013 at 9:20 PM

Ok I’ll trade ya some myrrh for franking sense.

SparkPlug on December 23, 2013 at 9:22 PM

He is just like me…

So I am a homophobic too..

Resume builder…..

Electrongod on December 23, 2013 at 9:22 PM

I sense a thread hijacking coming. :)

thatsafactjack on December 23, 2013 at 9:21 PM

In QOTD … the most strictly enforced thread at hotair ?

listens2glenn on December 23, 2013 at 9:24 PM

Oh yeah, these amateur thread hijackers are a bunch of pikers. Just ignore them. We can talk about lady parts or power tools.

SparkPlug on December 23, 2013 at 9:24 PM

I think I’ve read this before. I don’t rely much on unbelievers to make valid judgments about those that do. I’m open to the input but I often find too many agendas and too much subterfuge.

Mason on December 23, 2013 at 9:25 PM

If anyone hijacks the thread it was will prolly be B9s knitting circle.

SparkPlug on December 23, 2013 at 9:26 PM

Is chris crispy growing a beard and we just don’t know about it yet?

wolly4321 on December 23, 2013 at 9:26 PM

thatsafactjack on December 23, 2013 at 9:15 PM

I thought Sigh was one of the DD bros? ;-)

TXUS on December 23, 2013 at 9:27 PM

So…I had plans to fly with my friend in his private plane down to Dallas today to purchase a very special handmade doll for a very ill little girl, but my doctor called and I had to go get some tests done which meant that I couldn’t go to Dallas. So, I called the manager of the store that sells these very special dolls and, after I explained the circumstances, she was kind enough to email me photos of her inventory. I found the one that I thought my little friend would love and then… that lovely lady who understands the spirit of Christmas…wrapped the doll, packed it for shipment… and took it personally to FedEx and shipped it out for me. :)

The spirit of Christmas is alive and well.:)

thatsafactjack on December 23, 2013 at 9:29 PM

Wrapping paper makes a nice gift. Be sure to wrap it in itself.

SparkPlug on December 23, 2013 at 9:29 PM

SparkPlug on December 23, 2013 at 9:26 PM

When Jackie’s high, anything can be jacked.

TXUS on December 23, 2013 at 9:30 PM

thatsafactjack on December 23, 2013 at 9:29 PM

Lovely. I m glad it worked for you since you are a gem.

Anyhow if you need to go to Dallas I’ll fire up the Glade airship kerfuffle but we might end up in Tallahassee.

SparkPlug on December 23, 2013 at 9:31 PM

TXUS on December 23, 2013 at 9:27 PM

LOL! Good evening, TXUS. :)

thatsafactjack on December 23, 2013 at 9:31 PM

The spirit of Christmas is alive and well.:)

thatsafactjack on December 23, 2013 at 9:29 PM

Thas whut I’m talkin’ ’bout.

65droptop on December 23, 2013 at 9:32 PM

listens2glenn on December 23, 2013 at 9:24 PM

Good evening, L2G. :)

MUTINY, I tell ya’! lol!

thatsafactjack on December 23, 2013 at 9:33 PM

SparkPlug on December 23, 2013 at 9:31 PM

I love flying with you on the Kerfuffle, Spark. Anywhere we go is splendid. :)

thatsafactjack on December 23, 2013 at 9:34 PM

thatsafactjack on December 23, 2013 at 9:29 PM

Indeed, the spirit is still with us. Little kindnesses abound, and most often under the radar. God bless that lady.

Sorry about the tests, just hope you’re okay. :-|

TXUS on December 23, 2013 at 9:34 PM

Phil Robertson has spoken out for the first time since his homophobic comments

“homophobic”??

LOL.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on December 23, 2013 at 9:36 PM

Myrrh… :)

thatsafactjack on December 23, 2013 at 9:20 PM

Frank’s incensed.

ElectricPhase on December 23, 2013 at 9:36 PM

Steveangell on December 23, 2013 at 9:37 PM

TXUS on December 23, 2013 at 9:34 PM

I called the florist and ordered a very special arrangement sent to the lady at her shop. :) She really is wonderfully kind.

Oh, you know doctors, TXUS. They’re determined to try and find something wrong. I think it’s like a safari for them. lol!

thatsafactjack on December 23, 2013 at 9:37 PM

ElectricPhase on December 23, 2013 at 9:36 PM

Good evening, ElectricPhase. :)

thatsafactjack on December 23, 2013 at 9:38 PM

Happy Chrismukkah-just agree w/ me peeps…and spawn bought his first rifle today.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 23, 2013 at 9:41 PM

What a deluded Pastor. He just ignores the clear word of God. He is a truly evil man. Steveangell on December 23, 2013 at 9:37 PM

Who?

wolly4321 on December 23, 2013 at 9:41 PM

Hard Workin’ Woman – Carey Bell

thatsafactjack on December 23, 2013 at 9:43 PM

py Chrismukkah-just agree w/ me peeps…and spawn bought his first rifle today. annoyinglittletwerp on December 23, 2013 at 9:41 PM

What did he get? (congrats)

wolly4321 on December 23, 2013 at 9:43 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on December 23, 2013 at 9:41 PM

Happy Chrismukkah, ALT. :)

What kept him?

thatsafactjack on December 23, 2013 at 9:44 PM

Good evening, ElectricPhase. :)

thatsafactjack on December 23, 2013 at 9:38 PM

My eggnog may be a wee bit too, err, spicy tonight. :D

ElectricPhase on December 23, 2013 at 9:44 PM

wolly4321 on December 23, 2013 at 9:43 PM

40 caliber Hi-point carbine.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 23, 2013 at 9:44 PM

a very special merry christmas wish from wy to all my ha friends. full screen is best.

i’m so over this shit. this is the last stand and will not surrender. who needs ducks when i have swans, geese , and bald eagles.

Fred

jrsrigmvr on December 23, 2013 at 9:47 PM

ElectricPhase on December 23, 2013 at 9:44 PM

lol! ‘Spicy’ eggnog is twice as nice as plain eggnog. It has Christmas Cheer. ;)

thatsafactjack on December 23, 2013 at 9:47 PM

He’s homophobic?

Somehow I don’t think he’s afraid of any homosexual.

CWchangedhisNicagain on December 23, 2013 at 9:48 PM

.40 cal is a good round. Fun rifle.

wolly4321 on December 23, 2013 at 9:49 PM

Let Me Explain – Sonny Boy Williamson

thatsafactjack on December 23, 2013 at 9:49 PM

Oh, come on you guys… get with the program! We’re just not ‘nuanced’ enough to understand LEFTIST sensibilities…being RUBES and all. lol!

thatsafactjack on December 23, 2013 at 9:51 PM

thatsafactjack on December 23, 2013 at 9:37 PM

Funny, but you know that a great deal of what doctors do these days in terms of tests and all is to cover their asses from malpractice suits. Yeah, some of the tests are absolutely necessary but all my doctor friends say that the vast majority of their so-called “preventative care” is to keep them out of a ditch — and these guys and gals practice in Texas where we have pretty good malpractice suit reforms.

Then again, if I were your doctor, we’d start with a little wine, a cocktail or two, and some good music. And, then I’d lose my license. ;-)

TXUS on December 23, 2013 at 9:51 PM

thatsafactjack on December 23, 2013 at 9:44 PM

Money.
He turns 21 in 15 months-roughly-then he can buy pistol.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 23, 2013 at 9:52 PM

Pontiac Blues – Sugar Blue & Louisiana Red

Check out this video. LOVE those GTO’s. :)

thatsafactjack on December 23, 2013 at 9:53 PM

I love DD but even I am getting sick of the posts.

Merry Christmas everybody.

gophergirl on December 23, 2013 at 9:54 PM

jrsrigmvr on December 23, 2013 at 9:47 PM

We visited Yellowstone during the summer of 2010. Beautiful place.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 23, 2013 at 9:55 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on December 23, 2013 at 9:52 PM

I’m delighted he owns the carbine. He’ll enjoy it very much. It’s also a good first step before he gets that pistol. :)

thatsafactjack on December 23, 2013 at 9:55 PM

TXUS on December 23, 2013 at 9:51 PM

LOL! Somehow I knew you’d have a smooth bedside manner, TXUS. ;)

thatsafactjack on December 23, 2013 at 9:56 PM

I sense a thread hijacking coming. :)

thatsafactjack on December 23, 2013 at 9:21 PM

You…wouldn’t…dare…

annoyinglittletwerp on December 23, 2013 at 9:44 PM

I guess you could hunt with that.

cozmo on December 23, 2013 at 9:56 PM

jrsrigmvr on December 23, 2013 at 9:47 PM

Good evening, FRED. :) Merry Christmas and a very Happy, Healthy, and Prosperous New Year to you and yours. :)

You know, I’ve told you before, you’re a very lucky man to live where you do and have your wonderful family. :)

thatsafactjack on December 23, 2013 at 9:57 PM

gophergirl on December 23, 2013 at 9:54 PM

Merry Christmas to you and yours, GG! :)

thatsafactjack on December 23, 2013 at 9:58 PM

Here ALT..

It gets good reviews all around.

Tell Spawn there are a ton of utube videos, fun to watch. And helpful. How to take it apart and clean the thing.

wolly4321 on December 23, 2013 at 10:00 PM

guess you could hunt with that. cozmo on December 23, 2013 at 9:56 PM

You don’t need ten rounds to kill a deeeeea!

wolly4321 on December 23, 2013 at 10:03 PM

thatsafactjack on December 23, 2013 at 9:20 PM

Ok I’ll trade ya some myrrh for franking sense.

SparkPlug on December 23, 2013 at 9:22 PM

Wow, that pun is just pure gold.

malclave on December 23, 2013 at 10:03 PM

Merry Christmas everybody.

gophergirl on December 23, 2013 at 9:54 PM

And a Merry Christmas to you, gg. Hope you can join my family at our Christmas party.

TXUS on December 23, 2013 at 10:04 PM

jrsrigmvr on December 23, 2013 at 9:47 PM

Beautiful. You are so right if you have this.

Barred on December 23, 2013 at 10:04 PM

cozmo on December 23, 2013 at 9:56 PM

There’ll be no huntin’ as long as he lives in this house. *glares*

annoyinglittletwerp on December 23, 2013 at 10:06 PM

I think it’s safe to say that Christianity wouldn’t exist today if not for a long line of actively judgmental popes. Uprisings aren’t new, they just used to get smacked down violently.

Buddahpundit on December 23, 2013 at 10:06 PM

TXUS on December 23, 2013 at 10:04 PM

LOL that’s hilarious

gophergirl on December 23, 2013 at 10:06 PM

There’ll be no huntin’ as long as he lives in this house. *glares*

annoyinglittletwerp on December 23, 2013 at 10:06 PM

Yeah, right.

What mama don’t know.

cozmo on December 23, 2013 at 10:09 PM

Beeker!

annoyinglittletwerp on December 23, 2013 at 10:10 PM

I’m laughing at ESPN tonight talking about all the memories at the “Stick”. Next week is the last game ever at the Dome but no ESPN celebration for that LOL!

While it was ugly, plastic and cheap looking I still have awesome memories of the place.

gophergirl on December 23, 2013 at 10:11 PM

I haven’t posted a comment since this has become a full blown kerfuffle. But no Christian I know is troubled or divided regarding his comments. But then I don’t live on the fringe of this country. I say leave the man alone. Also, I wish some of our conservative “leaders” had his conviction and bravery.

Merry Christmas to all in case I don’t make it back to say it then.

jazzuscounty on December 23, 2013 at 10:11 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on December 23, 2013 at 10:10 PM

Mah!

cozmo on December 23, 2013 at 10:13 PM

While everyone is still talking about this, A&E is still running Duck Dynasty marathons, and the new season, with Phil on board, has already been filmed and starts on January 15th. If they are so offended, why won’t they pull the show entirely?

TarheelBen on December 23, 2013 at 10:13 PM

…Merry Christmas!

KOOLAID2 on December 23, 2013 at 10:14 PM

Christmas in Tulsa and Broken Arrow

thatsafactjack on December 23, 2013 at 10:16 PM

jrsrigmvr on December 23, 2013 at 9:47 PM
Beautiful. You are so right if you have this.

Barred on December 23, 2013 at 10:04 PM

thank you. I do. 150 miles south of yellowstone.

Fred

jrsrigmvr on December 23, 2013 at 10:16 PM

TarheelBen on December 23, 2013 at 10:13 PM

Because they are whores.*

* that wasn’t a question.

cozmo on December 23, 2013 at 10:16 PM

Merry Christmas to all in case I don’t make it back to say it then.

jazzuscounty on December 23, 2013 at 10:11 PM

\

We’re a nation of cowards. So let me float this out here:

The measure of a person’s love is how much they are willing to sacrifice for the object of that love.

gryphon202 on December 23, 2013 at 10:17 PM

One of my favorite non-traditional Christmas songs

Take a walk

gophergirl on December 23, 2013 at 10:17 PM

thatsafactjack on December 23, 2013 at 10:16 PM

You ain’t doin’ it right.

No Batfish.

cozmo on December 23, 2013 at 10:17 PM

Every time I read a post about this or see a segment about this on cable TV, I’m-a blowin’ on my Duck Commander Mallard Hen duck call!!

Quaaaaaaaaaack Quack Quack!!!

TarheelBen on December 23, 2013 at 10:18 PM

Word.

davidk on December 23, 2013 at 10:22 PM

I want a Commander call. No ducks in the desert.

I just wanna bunch of confused neighbors going “what the hell was that?”

And a bunch of barking dogs early in the morning.

wolly4321 on December 23, 2013 at 10:24 PM

Sorry I’m late. I was trying to explain the metaphysical incongruities of atheism to a mock atheist and was forced to consider several new ideas, the sum of which experience had the effect of putting me into thoughtfulness and depriving me of my usual brevity, humility, and wit.

I’M OFF NOW! I QUIT! EVERYTHING! NO MORE! PLAY TIME!

SparkPlug on December 23, 2013 at 9:21 PM

. . . now I miss Sophie again.

Axe on December 23, 2013 at 10:24 PM

This, this is the only possible reason to ever go to a mall during the Christmas season.

TXUS on December 23, 2013 at 10:22 PM

Don’t the rubes know they are supposed to stand?

davidk on December 23, 2013 at 10:24 PM

TXUS on December 23, 2013 at 10:22 PM

Northpark at Christmas time.

cozmo on December 23, 2013 at 10:25 PM

Christmas in Tulsa and Broken Arrow

thatsafactjack on December 23, 2013 at 10:16 PM

Cranked out midgets that looked like Tori Spelling. :)

tap tap — tough room.

Axe on December 23, 2013 at 10:26 PM

Hi ScrumpyMerm.

/bandwidth friendly post

SparkPlug on December 23, 2013 at 10:27 PM

…Merry Christmas!

KOOLAID2 on December 23, 2013 at 10:14 PM

MERRY CHRISTMAS, KOOLAID2!

Axe on December 23, 2013 at 10:27 PM

Axe on December 23, 2013 at 10:24 PM

LOL! Doesn’t it feel wonderful when you stop pounding your forehead against that concrete post? :)

W.C. Fields summed it up when he said “Never try to wise up a chump.”

thatsafactjack on December 23, 2013 at 10:27 PM

Axe on December 23, 2013 at 10:26 PM

lol!Seriously, that girl creeps me out.

thatsafactjack on December 23, 2013 at 10:28 PM

The Axe – Tinsley Ellis

thatsafactjack on December 23, 2013 at 10:30 PM

Dear RWM,

Please show up now while I conjure you and cajole you. You don’t have to flash your boobs. Just show up. It’s crule to torture Axe by going stealth.

Now if you want to flash your boobs that OK by me.

/alfalfa sprouts

SparkPlug on December 23, 2013 at 10:31 PM

Dear RWM,

I’ll just be over here covering Spark’s eyes… he’s so impressionable, you know. :)

thatsafactjack on December 23, 2013 at 10:31 PM

Tori spelling creeps me out too. If Elliot cooked her he would think she tastes like lizard.

SparkPlug on December 23, 2013 at 10:32 PM

Andrew Sullivan and E.J. Dionne both construct straw men and proceed to demolish them. No one, Phil Robertson or anyone else, has said the things they accuse Christians or Robertson of saying.

Another example proving you cannot talk rationally to leftists about anything. They are fundamentally dishonest, it is in their nature and it is impossible to be an honest person and a true leftist. Left to their own devices, they would silence dissenters from their foul ideology and imprison or kill those who would not be silenced like the little fascist wannabes they are.

You are safer just to shoot a leftist dead than to try to converse with him.

Adjoran on December 23, 2013 at 10:32 PM

SparkPlug on December 23, 2013 at 10:32 PM

lol! If I were Elliot, I wouldn’t have any.

thatsafactjack on December 23, 2013 at 10:33 PM

. . . now I miss Sophie again.

Axe on December 23, 2013 at 10:24 PM

She misses you, too, I think. Kind of hard to make it out through the duct tape, but I think that’s what she said. Or, was it “Max” she was mumbling for?

TXUS on December 23, 2013 at 10:33 PM

TXUS on December 23, 2013 at 10:33 PM

Bwaaahh. Hilarious.

SparkPlug on December 23, 2013 at 10:34 PM

Watching Phil and wife and daughterinlaw callin’ some hogs.

davidk on December 23, 2013 at 10:35 PM

SparkPlug on December 23, 2013 at 10:32 PM

lol

Axe on December 23, 2013 at 10:36 PM

I got some evaporust from pep boys to derust axes bucket. We just have to soak him upside down for 24 hours. Then the primer goes on and then protective frog green paint.

SparkPlug on December 23, 2013 at 10:37 PM

You are safer just to shoot a leftist dead than to try to converse with him.
Adjoran on December 23, 2013 at 10:32 PM

It’s like trying to play chess with a pigeon. The bird just knocks over all the pieces, craps on the board and then struts around like he’s accomplished something.

tommyboy on December 23, 2013 at 10:38 PM