Did conservatives get trolled by Pajama Boy?

posted at 8:21 pm on December 19, 2013 by Allahpundit

Yep, says Megan McArdle. A little, says me.

Pajama Boy is not a good ad. Whatever you think about progressives, they are in most ways perfectly normal people. Normal people do not, at the age of 26 or so, want to spend their holiday in footy pajamas, listening to their parents harangue them about fiscal responsibility. Good ads usually do one of three things: they make you want to be more like the person in the ad; they make you want to date the person in the ad; or they engage you and the maker of the ad as knowing co-conspirators in laughing at that terrible person in the ad, whom you are not at all like in any way.

Who is going to look at this ad and aspire to be more like Pajama Boy? Or to date a man more like Pajama Boy . . . you know, the kind of guy you can bring home to Mom to talk about buying health insurance?…

So, why was this ad made? Well, Pajama Boy doesn’t seem well designed to get people to sign up for health insurance. But it seems tailor-made to get conservatives talking about Pajama Boy. And naturally, once they did, liberals jumped in to defend what is, objectively, a pretty stupid advertisement. Suddenly, lots of people love Pajama Boy — the sort of people who give money to OFA and retweet their ads for Obamacare.

She’s assuming that OFA deliberately went maximum dork on Pajama Boy to bait righties, but that’s the great unsolved mystery of this episode. Did they? How often does a political shop stoop to mocking its own side by embracing its opponents’ stereotypes about it in the name of igniting a flame war online? Have you ever seen FreedomWorks, say, run an ad with a guy in a Gadsden flag hat holding a gun and wearing a t-shirt that says “Love It or Leave It”? No, and there’s a reason for that — it’s too easy for a strategy like that to backfire. Just look at what these poor bastards have been reduced to in the name of defending this. Someone at MSNBC actually argued today that Pajama Boy, who’s so white that it’s dangerous to your eyes to look directly at him, is allegedly an “emblem of an increasingly non-white electorate” to conservatives. Is this helping OFA sell insurance? If you were a normal, relatively apolitical twentysomething thinking of enrolling in O-Care and watching this episode play out online, which side would you would feel more at home with? Conservatives? Or people who think it’s racist and “heteronormative” or whatever to tease a 30-year-old man for wearing a onesie? Let’s face it: If you’re leaning towards the latter group, you already signed up for ObamaCare. On the first day.

Beyond that, I’m still not sure that OFA looked at this and saw something obviously mockworthy:

To you and me it’s obvious, but remember, they featured this same guy in other ads where he dressed and acted perfectly normally. He played the son in OFA’s Thanksgiving video about ObamaCare; it was the parents in that case who were the comic relief, not him. He’s been featured in other Twitter images by OFA wearing nothing cornier than a Christmas sweater. It seems unlikely, after all that, that the OFA brain trust would have looked at him and realized “You know what? If we put you in a onesie and gave you a cup of cocoa, you’d be the Platonic form of the right’s stereotype of infantilized urban lefty hipster douches.” I think the thought process was more like this: “We need an ad about talking about insurance at Christmas. Let’s make it cute and homey, with jammies and cocoa. Take our star and dress him in something that’s really obviously pajamas so everyone gets it right away.” And then the creative director, himself an urban lefty hipster/hipster-sympathizer, looked at the shot and thought, “Yeah, cool.” No irony intended. My hunch is that, if they really wanted people mocking him, they would have been careful to show that he was indeed wearing footies. That’s how ad people think — you only get one chance, so don’t be too subtle or else the viewer might miss your point. They didn’t show the footies, though, did they? Why? Because they meant this unironically. Dude, Pajama Boy is on the level.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

It’s a trap!

forest on December 19, 2013 at 8:22 PM

All I know is America got rolled by Obamacare.

CWchangedhisNicagain on December 19, 2013 at 8:22 PM

Dumb.

Allahpundit is clueless sometimes.

Ethan was very proud of his depiction. He said so on Twitter before hiding his account.

No, OFA thought the ads were slick, hip and cute.

I’m sure they thought the pajamas look was adorable.

This was obviously not an attempt to bait anyone.

bluegill on December 19, 2013 at 8:25 PM

Stopped reading there.

This is Megan McArdle… the “libertarian” who voted for president drone strike.

Yeahhh.

tetriskid on December 19, 2013 at 8:26 PM

Okay, I read the whole post. I see that Allahpundit isn’t really saying that it was a deliberate attempt at trolling.

bluegill on December 19, 2013 at 8:27 PM

Obama’s entire re-election strategy was based on creating outrageous outrage in order to energize his voter-bussing base.

Count to 10 on December 19, 2013 at 8:27 PM

He wrote it, starred in it, and directed it. It was done on the cheap and OFA thought it was great.

Blake on December 19, 2013 at 8:28 PM

Eh, using this sort of thing to sell a search engine maybe, to get people to spend 14 fruitless hours trying to access a crapass website just for the chance to spend 5 times their salary on crapass healthcare coverage? Nah.

This was just hipster liberals being who they are, people who think whatever they do is the coolest thing since the Hula Hoop. There is some guy at OFA who actually holds parties where everyone is expected to wear footie pajamas. And it’s COOL, man.

Bishop on December 19, 2013 at 8:29 PM

It really bothers me that a young man who tries to be involved politically and help spread the word gets mocked. Just really sad in a time of year that is supposed to be special.

arnold ziffel on December 19, 2013 at 8:31 PM

Old and Busted: Ironic trucker hat
The New Hotness: Ironic lumberjack plaid onesie

Christien on December 19, 2013 at 8:32 PM

That is just what many hipsterish progressive liberal people look like.

See here:

bluegill on December 19, 2013 at 8:32 PM

Like Adolf Eichmann, Che Guevara, Margaret Sanger and Bill Ayers, right?

Rixon on December 19, 2013 at 8:33 PM

“Whatever you think about progressives, they are in most ways perfectly normal people.”

Bite me.

rrpjr on December 19, 2013 at 8:33 PM

Hot Air = Thermal Exhaust Port.

Ich habe genucht.

Rixon on December 19, 2013 at 8:34 PM

Did conservatives get trolled by Pajama Boy?

Yep, says Megan McArdle.

Is Obamacare Really an Improvement on the Status Quo?
By Meghan McArdle

Yeah, she’s a genius, that one. I’m beginning to believe Meghan means ignorant ambition.
Obamaboy, I mean Pajamaboy, was one of Jim Messina’s fantasies.

AllahsNippleHair on December 19, 2013 at 8:35 PM

Remember, if leftists talk about something, that’s…political action.

Get talking, you rubes!!!

-pajamaweenie

Wanderlust on December 19, 2013 at 8:36 PM

Dude, Pajama Boy is on the level.

Whoever he is in reality is likely more than on the level. Probably on his knees giving an “Obama” right now, if I read him right.

TXUS on December 19, 2013 at 8:37 PM

I was wondering when the Dems would finally discover the “Heads-I-win-Tails-you-lose” trick.

Christien on December 19, 2013 at 8:37 PM

Obamaboy, I mean Pajamaboy, was one of Jim Messina’s fantasies.

AllahsNippleHair on December 19, 2013 at 8:35 PM

You broke the cardinal rule of PC: you are not supposed to point out that most child molesters in positions of authority are gay.

To the Democrat University Re-education camps for you!!!

Wanderlust on December 19, 2013 at 8:38 PM

Sure Meghan whatever; the results manifest themselves pretty much every day. Maybe you and I have a different perception of “normal.”

arnold ziffel on December 19, 2013 at 8:39 PM

Obamaboy, I mean Pajamaboy, was one of Jim Messina’s fantasies.

AllahsNippleHair on December 19, 2013 at 8:35 PM

Damn. I thought it WAS Jim Messina.

bofh on December 19, 2013 at 8:40 PM

No way they did this on purpose. I used to be a liberal and the one thing I can guarantee is that being ridiculed is the last thing they want. Ridicule is their favorite weapon. Never would they unleash that upon themselves. Having said that, I must say that this ad is completely ridiculous. They’ve completely lost it.

MrX on December 19, 2013 at 8:40 PM

See here:

bluegill on December 19, 2013 at 8:32 PM

me so hohny

arnold ziffel on December 19, 2013 at 8:40 PM

Wait… what?

To be a progressive you must necessarily be illogical and irrational.

mankai on December 19, 2013 at 8:41 PM

Dude, Pajama Boy is on the level.

LOL. AP, I think you are having just a little too much fun with the sensibly dressed chocolate lover.

JusDreamin on December 19, 2013 at 8:41 PM

rob verdi on December 19, 2013 at 8:42 PM

Based on what’s been reported today by The Daily Caller and other outlets about Krupp’s political activities, he seems more like the type who enjoys tossing snarky liberal hipster disdain at others (9/11 victims, Jews, etc.) not someone willing to be made a laughingstock of nationally just so Team Obama can say they trolled conservatives. Saying it now looks more like one of those “I meant to do that” face-saving attempts.

jon1979 on December 19, 2013 at 8:42 PM

No. But they sure are trying to spin it that way.

cozmo on December 19, 2013 at 8:42 PM

They meant for these ads to be funny in that smirky, aren’t-I-clever ironic kind of way.

Pajamas Boy/liberal douche Ethan Krupp worked with a comedy publication in college.

I don’t think they meant for these ads to be a laughingstock. Remember the Colorado Obamacare ads? Both were done in the same spirit. Fortunately, both sets of ads aren’t very effective at accomplishing what they set out to accomplish.

bluegill on December 19, 2013 at 8:43 PM

Textbook over analysis.

VorDaj on December 19, 2013 at 8:44 PM

He may be a dork to us,, but to jim messina(it puts lotion on its skin) messina, he’s Rambo.

wolly4321 on December 19, 2013 at 8:44 PM

I still don’t get how the creepy Julia ad worked for them… maybe they figured they could do no wrong?

Ukiah on December 19, 2013 at 8:44 PM

See here:

bluegill on December 19, 2013 at 8:32 PM

Heh. Looks like the High School “Model UN” team and their faculty advisor.

bofh on December 19, 2013 at 8:45 PM

jon1979 on December 19, 2013 at 8:42 PM

Exactly. McCardle is a libertarian? Figures. These people are generally clueless about the Left.

rrpjr on December 19, 2013 at 8:46 PM

No. This is the only PJBoy related link I have clicked on, and I didn’t read AP’s comments.

davidk on December 19, 2013 at 8:47 PM

jon1979 on December 19, 2013 at 8:42 PM

Exactly my thoughts!! Well said.

bluegill on December 19, 2013 at 8:47 PM

Yep, says Megan McArdle. A little, says me

No freaking way.

I work with real, live bona fide progressives. First, they are not this clever. Second, they think they’re the smartest people on the planet and create ads like these thinking the general public is easily manipulated (sans gimmicks). Finally, the guy in the ad is their ideal vision of a man, intellectual, non threatening and possibly European (you know, the current castrated version, not the nasty ones who created small pox so they could kill superior indigenous heroes).

When this was created, there was a lot of high-fiving and a lot of “nailed-it” head nods.

mankai on December 19, 2013 at 8:47 PM

Textbook over analysis.

VorDaj on December 19, 2013 at 8:44 PM

McArdle has the depth of Meghan McCain.

tetriskid on December 19, 2013 at 8:47 PM

arnold ziffel on December 19, 2013 at 8:31 PM

We probably should have thrown him a parade and carried him back on our shoulders to the village that is missing him.

VorDaj on December 19, 2013 at 8:48 PM

lol the idiots behind Pajama Boy are true believers – they were not joking when creating him! :)

Anti-Control on December 19, 2013 at 8:49 PM

I agree with this. Apparently they sell these at Target (I saw someone post to Target.com with the exact thing.) I am guessing they went to Target and thought “Thought would be funny.” But really didn’t think much further.

terryannonline on December 19, 2013 at 8:51 PM

Without single mothers, the Left loses most elections. OFA is fixated on ads and sound bites that appeal to that demographic. But getting single moms into the booth to vote (D) is one thing…. getting them to sign up for insurance and pay a premium is quite another.

This ad was OFA trying to win an election.

mankai on December 19, 2013 at 8:51 PM

Did conservatives get trolled by Pajama Boy?

I can understand the logic behind this question but I tend to doubt it. Look around any Obama event or in any OFA office. Do you see young men or do you see a lot of people that look like Ethan Krupp? A privileged arrogant liberal from Chicago who went to UW-Madison and is spreading his wings with political activism. I’m guessing Ethan is also a vegan, bikes instead of owning a car, and isn’t shy about lecturing the meat-eating and car-owning slackers in his life.

I live in DC. I see countless Ethan Krupps every day. They’re the ones who give you the evil eye when you don’t bring your own bags to the grocery. In short, the OFA people were not looking for mocking discussion when they made the ad. I joked on a thread this morning that the ad was suggesting that folks should hold Obamacare slumber parties where, instead of telling ghost stories, people signed up for Obamacare. Another poster pointed out that such an idea would probably be lauded if suggested at an OFA strategy session. I can’t disagree with that conclusion.

Happy Nomad on December 19, 2013 at 8:51 PM

Yeah and urkel really meant todo that

HumpBot Salvation on December 19, 2013 at 8:52 PM

I’d like to know if the people who work on the progressive’s “political action” groups and committees are meant to function as contraceptives via aversion therapy… or it’s just a coincidental side effect.

thatsafactjack on December 19, 2013 at 8:52 PM

jon1979 on December 19, 2013 at 8:42 PM

Pee Wee Herman bike flip

Anti-Control on December 19, 2013 at 8:53 PM

This whole sad episode and the commentary about it is exhibit A of why this country is going to —-.

Love your writing AP, but we officially have way too much time on our hands when this is even worthy of anything….

tdau1997 on December 19, 2013 at 8:53 PM

Either way, the real story is that NO ONE IS BUYING OBAMACARE. Obamacare is going to mean that 90% of Americans will be uninsured and/or unemployed or “underemployed” within two years.

WhatSlushfund on December 19, 2013 at 8:53 PM

The theta male is strong with that one. And people wonder why the birth rate is dropping. In a real emergency, guys like him would be totally useless.

lfwest on December 19, 2013 at 8:55 PM

I don’t understand the fascination with Megan. She seems to be someone easily duped by the left. No smarter than Kirsten Powers. Only reason I’ve been voting GOP is that the Democrats have embraced marxism. I’m picking the lesser of two evils. Sadly, that’s not an option anymore.

rbj on December 19, 2013 at 8:56 PM

Also…does that ‘onesie’ thing unzip so that it can be lowered to use the restroom… or does it actually have snaps all the way around the inseams for those easy diaper changes?

I’ve never seen an adult ‘onesie’ … and it is my sincere hope and intention that I never shall.

thatsafactjack on December 19, 2013 at 8:57 PM

This is evidence that liberals got trolled.

Axe on December 19, 2013 at 8:57 PM

McArdle is too cute by half.

Warner Todd Huston on December 19, 2013 at 8:57 PM

I like how he might be black, but you can’t say for sure. He actually looks like “Tatiana” from season 2 of Rupaul’s Drag race. Seriously! Look it up!

SouthernGent on December 19, 2013 at 9:00 PM

thatsafactjack on December 19, 2013 at 8:57 PM

Maybe it’s like the old-fashioned long johns with the back flap.

Wethal on December 19, 2013 at 9:03 PM

thatsafactjack on December 19, 2013 at 8:52 PM

Lets start with an easier question. Do progressives find Rachael Maddow or her little sister Chris Hayes to be attractive? The anti-Fox News babes? Jay Carney wears the same hipster glasses as does the idiot spokeswoman at state that looks like Carney in a long blonde wig. Ethan Krupp has that same look too. Are these sexy pictures for OFA progressives?

Happy Nomad on December 19, 2013 at 9:05 PM

No, this ad wasn’t to trick conservatives. This is actually how out of touch with reality leftists are. The bottom line is Obamacare is a total crap sandwich and young people know it…old people know it…middle-aged people know it. Zig Ziglar himself couldn’t sell this train wreck.

Lizzy on December 19, 2013 at 9:06 PM

“I meant to do that.”

ElectricPhase on December 19, 2013 at 9:06 PM

Uh huh… AllahPundit pretending he doesnt know how “LOL REVERSE TROLL’D” works?

Because that’s exactly what this is.

Jeddite on December 19, 2013 at 9:06 PM

MrX on December 19, 2013 at 8:40 PM

mankai on December 19, 2013 at 8:47 PM

Yep! :)

Anti-Control on December 19, 2013 at 9:07 PM

Oh, please. The stupid in here is thick this week. Liberals aren’t that smart, nor are they that clever. They were entirely serious with this ad — he is the quintessential progressive twenty-something male. Unfortunately, living only among liberals as they do, they are so disconnected from the rest of the country that it never, ever occurred to them that a vast, vast majority of their fellow citizens would laugh hysterically at the useless, dependent, man-child in footy pajamas, so they’re trying to pull the old “we planned it that way.”

Getting trolled, indeed.

Rational Thought on December 19, 2013 at 9:08 PM

I asked earlier how long it would take before would be accused of bullying:

tbrickert on December 19, 2013 at 9:13 PM

Nothing but a “face saving” attempt…

Someone photoshop this image of pajamaboy in a public park, with children…there is no saving grace from it.

Seriously the pajamaboy guy is giving me the creeps and I would not trust him around my niece and nephew. If that is a successful ad campaign I would love to see one that fails.

F15Mech on December 19, 2013 at 9:14 PM

An army of dorks. Messina, cutter, this jackwad. …Mr mom jeans..

I’m not John Wayne, but come on.

And they are getting in our faces? They take out Phil?

Maybe we should punch back twice as hard.

wolly4321 on December 19, 2013 at 9:14 PM

People saw it. They laughed. And promptly FORGOT ABOUT IT.

GarandFan on December 19, 2013 at 9:15 PM

I’ve said all that to say this:

Dude, Pajama Boy is on the level.

Haha. Oh he most certainly is. Have you seen a Gap ad? PJ Boy is a not a caricature of a Progressive. He’s a replica! Essentially, it hurts their feelings that they’re being mocked. Boo hoo.

conservative pilgrim on December 19, 2013 at 9:19 PM

thatsafactjack on December 19, 2013 at 8:57 PM

lol, you wouldn’t have to worry with me.

arnold ziffel on December 19, 2013 at 9:20 PM

All of this has the right so worked up that they’re cyberbullying an advertisement.

Anti-Control on December 19, 2013 at 8:48 PM

Oh yeah! We forgot. We’re so used to cyber-bullying in our normal fashion we forgot he was an advertisement!!

What a way to invent a malevolent motive to whine about some fun conservatives were having!

Well, I’m glad somebody feels some sympathy for the poor, abused, ill-conceived advertisement!

Axeman on December 19, 2013 at 9:21 PM

Yeah, but as a parent of a young adult man, I can’t help but want to put my arm around pajamas boy…and give him an elbow to the Adam’s apple. After which time, I will cut through the footie jammies and search for his winkie with tweezers. I’m talking VERY INVASIVE searching.

PD Quig on December 19, 2013 at 9:22 PM

I went to Panera Bread for the 1st time yesterday and saw lots of Pajama Boys.

Wigglesworth on December 19, 2013 at 9:24 PM

Getting trolled, indeed.

Rational Thought on December 19, 2013 at 9:08 PM

Yeah and Obama is so smart he’s playing 3D chess while the right is playing checkers. How many times have we heard that one?

For me the most telling “mockery” was whoever posted side-by-side Ethan Krupp in his onesie and cocoa next to a Marine about the same age serving his nation in combat. How many men of Ethan’s age are running around OFA offices? And how many Ethans are there in those same offices?

Happy Nomad on December 19, 2013 at 9:25 PM

…so this one wears a diaper too?

KOOLAID2 on December 19, 2013 at 9:25 PM

Would anybody here change their mind if Ethan Krupp got in their face about signing up for Obamacare?

Happy Nomad on December 19, 2013 at 9:28 PM

Define normal.

Happy Nomad on December 19, 2013 at 9:29 PM

Axeman on December 19, 2013 at 9:21 PM

lol :)

We’re incredulous that they aren’t joking…that the leftards elevate & worship Preezy Pothead as an intellectual juggernaut should be a reminder that, no, these fools aren’t aware enough to troll us so!

Anti-Control on December 19, 2013 at 9:32 PM

Happy Nomad on December 19, 2013 at 9:28 PM

How would you like to go to a function, intending to eat, drink, socialize and then have that little wienie around? Me neither.

Maybe I am blessed after all.

arnold ziffel on December 19, 2013 at 9:34 PM

Bullshit. They are not.

And with each passing day, week, month – the more I hear what they say, and read what they write – the more I see them demand tolerance while giving none – the more I hear the openly hostile things they say…

… the more I hate them. They are not perfectly normal, by any definition.

Midas on December 19, 2013 at 9:34 PM

Getting trolled, indeed.
Rational Thought on December 19, 2013 at 9:08 PM

You think the “vast majority” agrees with this? You need to get out more.
You’re in a bubble. This is the quintessential contemporary American Everyman. He’s the new Jimmy Stewart or Tom Hanks.

Obama, as usual, is just ahead of the game.

happytobehere on December 19, 2013 at 9:35 PM

Maybe we should punch back twice as hard.

wolly4321 on December 19, 2013 at 9:14 PM

Maybe? Nah. Definitely.

Midas on December 19, 2013 at 9:36 PM

thatsafactjack on December 19, 2013 at 8:57 PM

If you ever come hunting with us, WW, you’ll see some guys and gals wearing a form of onesies. They’ll be camo of course, water and cactus repellant, and underneath will be some serious thermo wear. Instead of little footies, there will be combat/heavy boots and rifles or shotguns, depending on the hunt. No designer glasses, either, but binocs and NVGs for the early morn. There will be no hot chocolate, but maybe a little Jack or Wild T or even Crown to whet the thirst when the coffee runs out.

But, like with Obamacare, there will be death, but not of people. Just of animals so good to cook and eat. ;-)

TXUS on December 19, 2013 at 9:36 PM

You, Allah, and the Megans need to quit over-thinking this crap. A pu$$y like this and the Dave Weigels and Annabel Parks of the world honestly believe this is normal. You give them too much credit for being only what they are. America has been dumbed down and this (and obama) is the result. obama got elected because of a perfect storm and (by design) too many people not taking governance seriously.

Lanceman on December 19, 2013 at 9:37 PM

happytobehere on December 19, 2013 at 9:35 PM

Heh. I rest my case.

Lanceman on December 19, 2013 at 9:39 PM

Allah – You’re right, McCardle is wrong.

For her to be right, would mean progs possess a self-awareness.

Ezra Klein, Markos, almost all MSNBC hosts, Nate Silver, etc… do not see themselves as derivatives of each other. They are not aware they’ve become a stereotype.

They do not think they are the metrosexuals articles were referencing several years ago.

They do not think they are beta males, because it takes a lot of toughness to reach their career positions.

That’s the entire point of the debate between right and left. The right has normal standards as to what qualifies as a straight man, and the left sees it as a criteria that is a cliche.

Sp “pajama boy” is a straight man, he’s just not our kind of straight man, which is a fantasy to begin with…

…and down the rabbit hole we go and won’t come out until we’re forced to accept Dan Savage as the perfect role model of the modern straight male. One so secure in his heteroness, he plays the rusty trombone to show how in tune he is with the hierarchal male dominance women face in breeding relationships.

budfox on December 19, 2013 at 9:40 PM

I’m convinced that after seeing this ad, accompanied by the presidents cute little tweet, by the end of this month tens of thousands of young Jammie wearing cocoa drinking boys will head to healthcare.gov in droves to sign up! and then the site will crash and they’ll grab a binkie and go to bed.

scalleywag on December 19, 2013 at 9:42 PM

He probably doesn’t know what an entrenching tool is but fully understands an entrenched tool.

Good God,, I could have kicked his ass when I was 6 years old.
I don’t get effeminate men. I don’t understand. The squat to pee crowd.

Man up. Take testosterone suppliments or something. Grow a beard.

wolly4321 on December 19, 2013 at 9:44 PM

Finding out that Pajamaboy is from Madison, WI, I couldn’t help but think that it’s amazing that he isn’t dating my cousin, who I’ve dropped all contact with because she’s decided that death threats made by her friends are okay since she’s on the “right side of the issues”. My sister recently sent me a picture of a mini “cousin reunion”, so to speak, and she apparently thought that it’s appropriate to curl up almost on my sister’s lap as though she were five, not 22.

Katja on December 19, 2013 at 9:47 PM

Maybe I am blessed after all.

arnold ziffel on December 19, 2013 at 9:34 PM

Alas, you don’t have to attend the Nomad family Christmas. My sister-in-law is the female version of Ethan Krupp. She intentionally goes out of her way to bring up politics.

You are blessed, I’m going to be rude this year.

Happy Nomad on December 19, 2013 at 9:47 PM

Heh. I rest my case.
Lanceman on December 19, 2013 at 9:39 PM

You think this guy isn’t an accurate representation of our electorate? Where are these men that you think would be a better representation of the electorate? In states that didn’t vote for Obama. They’re not the majority. This is the Everyman. This sad, folded up beta is a far more accurate representation of our nation than I’ve seen in years.

happytobehere on December 19, 2013 at 9:47 PM

ObamaCare. Because it’s fun to watch a Holocaust on wheels slide into the Marianas Trench with radioactive fuel rods.

SparkPlug on December 19, 2013 at 9:48 PM

So the Pajama Boy was a diabolically clever move by OFA tostarta flame war with conservatives?

There has been lots of hilarious mocking, but I haven’t seen too much response from the left.

So Pajama Boy was a diabolically clever means of raising funds?
Good luck with that. It gets back to her three points, and hardly anyone either wants to identify with the guy or date him. And given that they took the ad down almost immediately and the guy had to get rid of a lot of his social networking accounts, how are they going to convince people that they are really laughing at conservatives. This was an Epic fail.

It is sad that one with intelligence in at least one field cannot comprehend the depths of incompetence of this administration and its supporters in many spheres, which is why she does not accept that Obamacare cannot work as constructed. She lacks the capacity to see these people as the gross incompetents they really are.

talkingpoints on December 19, 2013 at 9:49 PM

We’ll, it looks like Duck Dynasty is done. His family stood by him and said he goes, we go.
Maybe A&E can sign this weenie. They can follow him as he films a new Massengill commercial or something.

AllahsNippleHair on December 19, 2013 at 9:49 PM

Maybe we should punch back twice as hard.

wolly4321 on December 19, 2013 at 9:14 PM

Hmmm. That’s an idea. Maybe by the time his term is finished someone will think of it.

Nah. I got crazy there for a moment.

rrpjr on December 19, 2013 at 9:50 PM

budfox on December 19, 2013 at 9:40 PM

Thanks. I’d forgotten about such manly men as Kos and Klein. These young, pimply faced, skinny-assed Jewish boys certainly like to talk tough. Weigel with his decking someone comment and pajama putz with his ‘attack’ tweet. One wonders where they were during Hitler.

scalleywag on December 19, 2013 at 9:42 PM

One big problem in all that – where is the money going to come from? Certainly will not come from the hot chocolate account or the pot-dope account or whatever the ‘live for the moment’ account requires monetarily.

Lanceman on December 19, 2013 at 9:51 PM

This post is too clever by half.

AshleyTKing on December 19, 2013 at 9:51 PM

Another sign it was an unintended total screwup; the fact that Pajamaboy is desperately trying to scrub his internet presence. Even he’s embarrassed about the whole thing and is in need of reassurance he’s still Mom’s special sunflower.

whatcat on December 19, 2013 at 9:52 PM

No I do not think we got trolled..I think this shows how out of touch OFA really is with real America..:)

Dire Straits on December 19, 2013 at 9:54 PM