Chris Matthews: “Anger and fear” are driving America to all this “right-wing nuttiness”

posted at 7:31 pm on December 19, 2013 by Erika Johnsen

More Americans than ever before name “big government” as the greatest threat to the country’s future. A record number of Americans think the federal government is “broken.” President Obama’s approval ratings are scraping new lows. A majority of Democrats would now like to see ObamaCare delayed.

“Anger and fear”? I’d say the man almost comes dangerously close to having a point.

No, I think it’s about that other, fiercer emotion these days: Fear. Downright fear. People in this country, are lot of them are afraid of what’s happening in these early decades of the 21st century. Just afraid. … They worry about the national debt that’s growing right on past the size of our economy itself. They see the Congress year after year unable to stop spending more than it takes in. … And this makes people angry. It makes them mad. The number one solution to this country’s rightward shift, to all the craziness out there, is for those of us in the center and on the left to get control of our government. Firm, rational, progressive, grownup control…

Then, of course, he completely ruins it with demagoguery, deception, and delusion, but… so close.

Comments

Yeah, close like a broken clock…

Kraken on December 19, 2013 at 7:35 PM

Got in the wine again.

AllahsNippleHair on December 19, 2013 at 7:36 PM

Why does Hot Air keep wasting space on this AHole?

Goodale on December 19, 2013 at 7:37 PM

And for the “center” (far left) and “left” (really really far left) to get control of this thing, they only need 100 million pages of more laws and rules and executive orders sprinkled with another 20 trillion dollars of other people’s money either borrowed/printed/confiscated to make it happen. Easy peasy.

Borgcube on December 19, 2013 at 7:39 PM

Don’t worry, Chris. Your guys are still in control. They will be even if we elect some Republicans that are merely 5 or so years behind the democrats in leftist nonsense.

happytobehere on December 19, 2013 at 7:39 PM

Nonsense. Mine is fueled by bourbon. Bourbon and sorrow about how my beloved nation is being fundamentally transformed into a politically correct fascist State.

rbj on December 19, 2013 at 7:44 PM

Anger and uncertainty about what to do.

Mason on December 19, 2013 at 7:48 PM

Nonsense. Mine is fueled by bourbon. Bourbon and sorrow about how my beloved nation is being has been fundamentally transformed into a politically correct fascist State.
rbj on December 19, 2013 at 7:44 PM

In my humble opinion.

happytobehere on December 19, 2013 at 7:49 PM

Anger and uncertainty about what to do.
Mason on December 19, 2013 at 7:48 PM

Let’s all get behind the next Republican that’s 5-10 years behind the brazen leftist the Dems are gonna put up. Then we can all go back to sleep and pretend this isn’t happening!

happytobehere on December 19, 2013 at 7:51 PM

I read about this time of societal upheaval when the same sort of people talked about the need to take control, a few years later the tally of dead hovered around 60 million.

Still, it was pretty progressive, and the trains ran on time.

Bishop on December 19, 2013 at 7:54 PM

Hahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Says the fat pig.

GarandFan on December 19, 2013 at 7:55 PM

Chris Matthews hates me – so what else is new?

VorDaj on December 19, 2013 at 7:55 PM

Why does Hot Air keep wasting space on this AHole?

Goodale on December 19, 2013 at 7:37 PM

It’s filler between Ducks and Turkeys (ObamaCare).

VorDaj on December 19, 2013 at 7:57 PM

erika, just look at this site for example, I haven’t met one conservative poster I wouldn’t characterize as angry and spouting fear of some level

nonpartisan on December 19, 2013 at 7:57 PM

Just another clueless, feckless, ideologue who can’t see beyond his ideology (or the need to project).

By all means, let’s continue to embrace an ideology that has NEVER EVER worked in 200+ years of trying – because we all know, doing it harder and more fervently than before is what will make it work this time. People will stop being angry and mad once spending in increased another 25%, deficits return to their >$1T levels, and government not only eliminates free choice and will, but it makes itself the only arbitrator of what is ‘fair’ and delivers ‘social justice’.

Athos on December 19, 2013 at 7:58 PM

You do have control of it. You have control of all the major institutions too. That’s pretty much the problem. But keep crying through your victory, you fools.

happytobehere on December 19, 2013 at 8:00 PM

You had that kind of control 2009-2011 and there was nothing grownup about it. People like you Matthews, made all the problems we suffer from much, much worse.

Valkyriepundit on December 19, 2013 at 8:02 PM

nonpartisan on December 19, 2013 at 7:57 PM

Do that thing again where you pretend to be an unhinged Obama worshipping liberal. You should take your shtick on the road; who knows, you could get a gig as the anti-Colbert!

happytobehere on December 19, 2013 at 8:04 PM

Why are so many liberals calling for dictatorship?

I guess now that America is learning the left (not just its King) has no clothes, the left must turn to the barrel of a gun.

doufree on December 19, 2013 at 8:06 PM

ka, just look at this site for example, I haven’t met one conservative poster I wouldn’t characterize as angry and spouting fear of some level nonpartisan on December 19, 2013 at 7:57 PM

I’m working on it.
I call it spending every penny I can at the gunshop therapy.

wolly4321 on December 19, 2013 at 8:06 PM

Fear
Uncertainty
Doubt

This administration thrives on the FUD factor, and 51% of this country is ok with that.

Let it burn.

wytshus on December 19, 2013 at 8:07 PM

I agree with those who ask why Hot Air is giving vent to Matthews. Olbermann would have just been another vapor in the wind if conservative reports had not made him famous outside of his own mind.

If you ignore them, sometimes they do go.

doufree on December 19, 2013 at 8:09 PM

He actually had me until here. Does he not know who got us to this point?

non-nonpartisan on December 19, 2013 at 7:57 PM

Still not a tiny sliver of evidence your IQ is higher than 77? When was your stroke honey?

CWchangedhisNicagain on December 19, 2013 at 8:11 PM

poor comrade tingles…. his vision of being comandante tingles of a re-education camp are slip’n away.

roflmmfao

donabernathy on December 19, 2013 at 8:11 PM

nonpartisan on December 19, 2013 at 7:57 PM

I haven’t seen one progressive constituency that isn’t angry and spouting fear of having to compete on a level playing field.

kcewa on December 19, 2013 at 8:11 PM

– Erika

++++

BoxHead1 on December 19, 2013 at 8:12 PM

Why are so many liberals calling for dictatorship?
doufree on December 19, 2013 at 8:06 PM

The Left is perpetual war. That’s just what they do. No matter what they “accomplish” it will continue.

happytobehere on December 19, 2013 at 8:15 PM

VorDaj on December 19, 2013 at 7:55 PM )

Badge of honor. :-)

rottenrobbie on December 19, 2013 at 8:15 PM

nonpartisan on December 19, 2013 at 7:57 PM

“They’re gonna put y’all back in chaayyyuunnnsss!”

Jumpin’ Joe Biden: Conservative.

Bishop on December 19, 2013 at 8:17 PM

Anger and fear beats just fear.

wolly4321 on December 19, 2013 at 8:18 PM

Says the guy who, without any journalistic integrity, was blaming and ranting against the Tea Party and the Boston Marathon bombing. The blood of children was not even dry on the pavement before Matthews was blaming the right wing for the bombings (including one at the JFK Library that was an AC malfunction).

Happy Nomad on December 19, 2013 at 8:18 PM

Not only is the government “broken”, but so is Chris Matthews … a broken record.
Get a life Chris !!

J_Crater on December 19, 2013 at 8:21 PM

Chris Matthews… groan…

MrX on December 19, 2013 at 8:21 PM

Just another clueless, feckless, idioteologue who can’t see beyond his idiocyeology (or the need to project).

Athos on December 19, 2013 at 7:58 PM

fixed

cableguy615 on December 19, 2013 at 8:23 PM

nonpartisan on December 19, 2013 at 7:57 PM

Ok, kid, I’ll bite. Let’s assume that you are right: we’re all “angry and spouting fear of some level” here at HA.

Why do you suppose that might be???

The broken-clock drunkard Erika quotes above actually touched on a very good reason for the “anger and fear”, if but for the briefest of moments (emphasis mine):

Hmmm, I think I just might see the reasons…or maybe it’s just Magic Eye.

* A runaway national debt, that grew quickly under W and exponentially quicker under O (where the delta-V of the growth increased from 2007 to 2009, then increased an order of magnitude after 2009 – wonder why that was?) – where both parties fed at the taxpayer’s trough, even if Democrats are far more brazen about it;

* Senate Democrats’ refusal to submit budget legislation for four years; and

* Republicans’ refusal to keep their promises regarding curtailing spending after the 2010 midterms, and the current gutting of the Sequester.

Those are just three examples, and there are many, many more – again, from both sides of the aisle.

So YES, WE’RE PHUQUING MAD AS HELL ABOUT IT!!!

Of course the ultimate irony here is (assuming you are in your 20′s or 30′s), the whole thing will come down on your head by the time you should be in your prime earning years, much less retirement.

Meanwhile go ahead and bloviate how mad we are, and see if I give two sh*ts about it…

Wanderlust on December 19, 2013 at 8:25 PM

I’m getting an under-vibe from this guy…its like he’s Col. Jessup, and wants to burn Obama, but he’s not sure we can handle the truth.

BobMbx on December 19, 2013 at 8:27 PM

Kind of cute how are resident tard(non-nonpartisan) thinks she is on a first name basis with erica.

CWchangedhisNicagain on December 19, 2013 at 8:28 PM

17 Trillion in debt. No wonder non-nonpartisan is not upset. It cannot comprehend a number higher than 17. Oddly enough that is the same amount of toes she has.

CWchangedhisNicagain on December 19, 2013 at 8:29 PM

Speaking of Left Wing Nuts, I hope everybody caught the Green Room entry- Revealed: ‘Pajama boy’ is an OFA employee who attended UW-Madison

Not exactly a shocker though I was guessing some “progressive” East Coast school.

Happy Nomad on December 19, 2013 at 8:30 PM

You know, I would take accusations of anger and fear on our part much more seriously, if they were not coming from a guy who needs a special intern to wipe his spittle off the camera lense after every commentary.

Valkyriepundit on December 19, 2013 at 8:31 PM

What’s the point? I consider Matthews to be a completely irrelevant dork who makes an ass of himself on a regular basis. I don’t put any more stock into what he says than I would, oh, Paris Hilton or her brother. But for some reason, he is a frequent topic on HA, and NRO is almost as guilty. Someone please convince me that anything this guy says is worth the trouble.

Erich66 on December 19, 2013 at 8:33 PM

Someone please convince me that anything this guy says is worth the trouble.
Erich66 on December 19, 2013 at 8:33 PM

He says what the Democrats will be saying next week and what the Republicans will be saying in 5-10 years.

happytobehere on December 19, 2013 at 8:35 PM

nonpartisan on December 19, 2013 at 7:57 PM

Wrong you uneducated lazy dolt. You haven’t met one conservative poster you haven’t pre-judged as an angry, racist, moron who needs to be enlightened by your words of wisdom. You aren’t actually interested in listening to what they have to say and they are not interested in your tired dishonest OFA talking points.

Happy Nomad on December 19, 2013 at 8:35 PM

Wanderlust on December 19, 2013 at 8:25 PM

you obviously gave a sh1t to respond to me

there is no similar thing here

nonpartisan on December 19, 2013 at 8:37 PM

there is no similar thing here

nonpartisan on December 19, 2013 at 8:37 PM

So thats where the OWSers ended up! Still begging for their existence. I wonder….do they have rape-free posts at DKos?

BobMbx on December 19, 2013 at 8:39 PM

erika, just look at this site for example,…
nonpartisan on December 19, 2013 at 7:57 PM

That’s different.
Usually the lefties here claim that HA is not representative of the general population.

BoxHead1 on December 19, 2013 at 8:39 PM

happytobehere on December 19, 2013 at 8:35 PM

Yeah, the democrats will make similar talking points. But c’mon, this guy is so embarrassing on camera that even democrats rarely defend him. Is he really supposed to be their point man? Why deliver a message like that if your messenger is by all accounts an unwatchable douchebag?

Erich66 on December 19, 2013 at 8:44 PM

Its anger and fear of YOU and your left wing nuttiness.

Karmashock on December 19, 2013 at 8:47 PM

there is no similar thing here

nonpartisan on December 19, 2013 at 8:37 PM

We can be nice here. In fact, if we buy you some tinker toys and a sit ‘n’ spin, will you promise to leave?

Erich66 on December 19, 2013 at 8:48 PM

Anger and fear thats been justified by the failures of the constant promises that were lies from the get go. Yeah, anger and fear alright.

mixplix on December 19, 2013 at 8:48 PM

there is no similar thing here

nonpartisan on December 19

No, that wasn’t your point. You’re a liar too. Tiresome.

WHEN will you prove your IQ is greater than a brain dead motorcycle accident victim?

CWchangedhisNicagain on December 19, 2013 at 8:52 PM

Erich66 on December 19, 2013 at 8:48 PM

no, I will not leave

I believe I bring value to this site and a much needed perspective

nonpartisan on December 19, 2013 at 8:52 PM

By all means — restore order. For the good of the country, for the good of the citizens who love it, take the necessary steps to move us forward.

Simple people are naturally afraid. We have to overcome their fearful and irrational resistance to change, by force if necessary, to free not only ourselves, but them. They are like children who don’t understand, who can’t comprehend our destination, and since they are like children, we must be adults. They are like savage and fearful animals, absurdly allowed to arm themselves with lethal tools and to propagate among themselves myths, superstitions, and folk-tales that serve only to isolate them further from all the fruits of progressive, scientific enlightenment. And since they are like animals, we must be civilized. The time to ask such people what they think has passed. The time to pretend — possibly even believe — that such people are our “equals” and that their voices must be given equal hearing has passed. They’re children. They’re animals. They’re less.

The stake is humanity’s future. Whether we bring the simple with us or we leave them behind — we must move forward.

Axe on December 19, 2013 at 8:52 PM

Yes,, making quilts, smoking dope, and crapping on cop cars….

Speaking of shite,, you are full of it.

wolly4321 on December 19, 2013 at 8:52 PM

my point is, when I visit dailykos, yes there is alot of partisan posts railing against conservatives, but there are also community social posts about making quilts for a sick commenter or donating food to an unemployed commenter, etc there is no similar thing here

nonpartisan on December 19, 2013 at 8:37 PM

The research suggests that your typical HA type donates more time and more money than your fellow liberals. So just quit with your bullshit.

CWchangedhisNicagain on December 19, 2013 at 8:53 PM

I believe I bring value to this site and a much needed perspective

nonpartisan on December 19, 2013 at 8:52 PM

Bwwaaahahahahahahaaha

And your 77 IQ points.

Listen and listen close. You don’t bring much and you’re not real smart. Not in the least.

CWchangedhisNicagain on December 19, 2013 at 8:54 PM

there is no similar thing here

nonpartisan on December 19, 2013 at 8:37 PM

I’m just a lurker here compared to some; I don’t post much but I read quite a bit. And what I’ve seen is that there is a core group of commenters on this site – you’d see it if you take the time to scroll through the QOTD threads – that are very close, and when situations require, they look after each other very well.

Another thing you miss in your response is that many Conservatives believe two things regarding charity: a) it’s done close to home (so you won’t see anyone talking about donating to some wanky NGO in Africa, for example); and b) the best charity is done privately, or without any public note or fanfare.

Besides, if this was your point, dude – HA is a political blog, not an online community center. That’s what virtual worlds like Second Life and Parallel Kingdom are for (and no, I have never been on either one, but I know people whose lives have been sucked into such things).

Politics ain’t beanbag, as the popular saying goes. That’s why the “No Labels”/”Coffee Party”/”whatevertheycallthemselvestoday” crowd are nothing more than silly attempts at astroturfing. You’re either in the arena of politics, or you aren’t. There isn’t any middle ground, and it doesn’t suffer the faint of heart or conviction.

If you are serious, I’d suggest you learn a thing or two regarding the difference between principles and preferences, stated by a late politician who never once had any scandal or accusations of unethical behaviour during his 30+ years in national politics:

“…[T]o be successful in politics and remain true to your principles is to know the distinction between your principles and your preferences. On your principles, you should never yield; you should be prepared to be defeated. Nobody likes to be defeated, but you should let everybody know in the most articulate and thoughtful and civil way you can…. than in certain matters that you define as matters of principle you will not budge, you cannot yield, you will not compromise.”

-Wanderlust

Wanderlust on December 19, 2013 at 8:55 PM

Great point.

All you have to do is come here on a Friday or Saturday night after 9 or 10 and your point is proven.

non-nonpartisan is in her straight jacket at 7 pm and in bed by 8. So she wouldn’t know.

CWchangedhisNicagain on December 19, 2013 at 8:58 PM

no, I will not leave

I believe I bring value to this site and a much needed perspective

nonpartisan on December 19, 2013 at 8:52 PM

Pretty funny. And therein lies your only value.

Erich66 on December 19, 2013 at 9:00 PM

I believe I bring value to this site and a much needed perspective

non-nonpartisan on December 19, 2013 at 8:52 PM

Dang that is the funniest thing I have read all week.

CWchangedhisNicagain on December 19, 2013 at 9:01 PM

I believe I bring value to this site and a much needed perspective
non-nonpartisan on December 19, 2013 at 8:52 PM

You’ve got this reverse Stephen Colbert thing down.

Those of us that understand you’re just messing with everyone appreciate you. Never change!

happytobehere on December 19, 2013 at 9:11 PM

As already pointed out, you do have control. Hence the anger and fear and “rightward shift”.

ddrintn on December 19, 2013 at 9:13 PM

about making quilts for a sick commenter

nonpartisan on December 19, 2013 at 8:37 PM

It takes a while to make a quilt. The commenter might be better before it’s done.

ddrintn on December 19, 2013 at 9:16 PM

there is no similar thing here

nonpartisan on December 19, 2013 at 8:37 PM

I think you’re confused about what constitutes a community and what constitutes a collective. There is a HA community.

I believe I bring value to this site and a much needed perspective

non-nonpartisan on December 19, 2013 at 8:52 PM

You probably shouldn’t ask for a vote on that claim. There are posters at HA who challenge common leanings or trains of thought. You are not among that group.

Happy Nomad on December 19, 2013 at 9:18 PM

Takes a while to make a quilt. The commenter might be better before it’s done. ddrintn on December 19, 2013 at 9:16 PM

Or dead. :)

wolly4321 on December 19, 2013 at 9:20 PM

I believe I bring value to this site and a much needed perspective
nonpartisan on December 19, 2013 at 8:52 PM

You know what you bring that Chris Matthews doesn’t? More reading.

happytobehere on December 19, 2013 at 9:22 PM

nonpartisan on December 19, 2013 at 7:57 PM

And yet…here you are. Day after day, making a liar and a fool of yourself.
Don’t you get tired of sitting there in your mom’s basement in your onesy, beclowning yourself and begging mommy for another Hot Pocket?

Solaratov on December 19, 2013 at 9:26 PM

Yeah, progressives are the “grown-ups”.

Just ask Pajama Boy….

Opposite Day on December 19, 2013 at 9:27 PM

there is no similar thing here

nonpartisan on December 19, 2013 at 8:37 PM

You know, I think you’re just killing some time waiting for the dryer to finish at your local laundromat. No way, you’re even remotely serious.

DaveDief on December 19, 2013 at 9:30 PM

Solaratov on December 19, 2013 at 9:26 PM

Let’s remember that at some point it will be welfare providing those Hot Pockets in a subsidized apartment.

Happy Nomad on December 19, 2013 at 9:32 PM

happytobehere on December 19, 2013 at 8:04 PM

I like the one where it pretends to be a Harvard Law School graduate…and tries to use a big word and misspells it and/or misuses it. And misspells most of the words in its post.

That’s a great act!

Solaratov on December 19, 2013 at 9:33 PM

Who is he chastising here, right-wingers or left-wingers? Get control of our government? How is that possible Matthews? Once you sanction a government that redistributes, regulates and mandates there will be no end to it. No end that will be positive, that is. The fear you decry is only going to get worse and your leftist ilk are merely encouraging that fear.

rickv404 on December 19, 2013 at 9:43 PM

DaveDief on December 19, 2013 at 9:30 PM

You’re too nice. Her mom still does her laundry.

CWchangedhisNicagain on December 19, 2013 at 9:45 PM

Firm, rational, progressive, grownup control…

Does not compute.

Gator Country on December 19, 2013 at 9:56 PM

He’s trying to blur strength and fear.

Screw you Chrissy. Have fun in your pajamas this holiday.

WhatSlushfund on December 19, 2013 at 10:03 PM

Still, it was pretty progressive, and the trains ran on time.

Bishop on December 19, 2013 at 7:54 PM

Exactly what I was thinking.

Matthews wants even more control? Good grief, listen to yourself, jerk.

onlineanalyst on December 19, 2013 at 10:10 PM

I seem to have missed the “Create post” option here at Hotair. I’ve been here since the Boss Emeritus ran the place, and by golly, my name has never been on a byline. Funny, I have a diary at DailyKos (Before 2008, I think).

Point being, we can’t make a thread about quilting here. We tend to try to be on topic. And we don’t pretend to have Hahvahd law degrees.

But most of us did vote for a guy who does have an actual, honest Hahvahd Law Degree. And he wasn’t a race hustler, either. Or a commie. Like your hero.

Vanceone on December 19, 2013 at 10:22 PM

Or dead. :)

wolly4321 on December 19, 2013 at 9:20 PM

All the while trying to register at the ObysmalCare website.

onlineanalyst on December 19, 2013 at 10:29 PM

I believe I bring value to this site and a much needed perspective

non-nonpartisan on December 19, 2013 at 8:52 PM

I guess the ants at a picnic have their own perspective, too.

trigon on December 19, 2013 at 10:30 PM

Statements like this always reflect the beginning of a road that ends with camps and mass graves. Stalin, Hitler, Mao and Pol Pot were all men with a vision of a better future.

And all leftists.

trigon on December 19, 2013 at 10:35 PM

The dude accurately describes what has people concerned (debt, spending, etc) – then says it’s the fault of the ‘rightward shift’ (WTF?), and the left needs to take over (LOL) and fix it.

I just don’t recognize this reality anymore.

Midas on December 19, 2013 at 10:41 PM

Going out on a limb here, but I’d say that’s because the left-wing nuttiness is robbing people of their livelihoods and hope for their future and those of their children.

But, I could be wrong…

Dr. ZhivBlago on December 19, 2013 at 10:42 PM

nonpartisan on December 19, 2013 at 7:57 PM

I’ll only speak for myself, but you haven’t seen anger yet. You’re seeing but a pale simple-text reflection of scorching, roiling, seething rage, sweetheart.

Midas on December 19, 2013 at 10:44 PM

I believe I bring value to this site and a much needed perspective

nonpartisan on December 19, 2013 at 8:52 PM

Drifting in like a silent but deadly fart and leaving commentary that has about the same stench is bringing value?

You people call people that don’t agree with your BS racists and Jones cultists and you think that is bringing some kind of perspective? It sounds like the only perspective you hatemongers have is the perspective of looking at your own intestines from the inside.

You do realize leaving one’s head buried that far up one’s ass breathing all that methane causes brain damage don’t you?

bbinfl on December 19, 2013 at 10:47 PM

Besides isn’t little Chrissy being hypocritical here? I mean how did the Otard get re-elected? by fear mongering women telling them they can’t get birth control and the nasty republicans were going to take their baby scraping ability away? Or telling the minorities that the nasty white repubs were going to institute the Jim Crow laws, etc, etc.

What ever Matthews. Pot, Kettle some assembly required. You and the rest of your worthless dimoturds sheeple followers can GFY.

bbinfl on December 19, 2013 at 10:55 PM

Well, Chris, we tried to get some “firm, rational, …, grownup control” installed in the 2012 election, but you and the rest of the Buffoon Squad over at MSNBC could still, even then (after 4 years of ineptitude and demagoguery), were still falling all over yourselves to polish Teh Won’s greek columns with your tongues.

So don’t look so surprised now that we are underwhelmed by your faux indignation. You bought it. Now own it, like a man.

(See what I did with your quote their Chrissy. Yes, I’m sure you do.)

dissent555 on December 19, 2013 at 11:35 PM

America is as fickle as a 14 year old school girl. Every 8 to 10 years she shifts a little right to left. Back in 2007 she got a good scare and lurched far left. Now in 2013, she is starting to get pissed off and is getting ready jerk back to the right, the Chris Matthews Washington media types will be caught completely unaware. They always seem to believe their sandcastles will last forever.

Wallythedog on December 20, 2013 at 12:41 AM

By talking about it, Matthews sees the failure of Obama.
Papering over the Obama Titanic with slogans like “Firm, rational, progressive, grownup control…” will not stop it from sinking.

albill on December 20, 2013 at 5:54 AM

Yeah, “anger” at guys like Matthews and “fear” that our currency has turned into single-ply Charmin.

NoPain on December 20, 2013 at 7:57 AM

Chrissy, you wouldn’t know the center if it crawled up your tingly leg.

Barnestormer on December 20, 2013 at 9:02 AM

seems the ONLY ones trying to bring spending under control is the tea party and its “right wing” values.

the progressvies scream bloody murder if you try and cut a dime

meanwhile obama is doing his mulitmillion dollar hawaiian party vacation, with staff, lackeys, security, chefs, drivers, maids ect ect ect.

i am surprised ole tingles did not blame bush or now duck dynasty

sniffles1999 on December 20, 2013 at 10:01 AM

Nope, it’s not anger and fear doing the driving.

It is a raging, furious, white hot hatred for Chris Matthews that is driving us to this “nuttiness” (I would ask that my nuts be lightly salted almonds, by the way).

Anyway, it’s The Tingler that is responsible for any and all Conservative resurgence in this country. Because we all hate his booze soaked, bloated, ginblossomed, blathering carcass so very very much.

Happy now, Matthews? Now go talk to the invisible people living in the bottom of your empty Scotch bottles. They wuvs you.

Dope.

GrassMudHorsey on December 20, 2013 at 10:28 AM

Firm, rational, progressive, grownup control…

We don’t know what to do with our own lives, please help us, master…

Why we don’t even know what’s in our best interests, so please make those decisions for us…

He means the same old “we know better than you” tripe that always fails…

progressive is regressive

Keith_Indy on December 20, 2013 at 12:26 PM

for those of us in the center

ROFL