Video: “We thought he was going to be … the next Messiah”

posted at 10:01 am on December 18, 2013 by Ed Morrissey

Who has been hurt by Barack Obama’s plummeting poll numbers? The President himself, of course, and his administration, and incumbent Democrats running for re-election and away from the “you can keep your plan” promise. However, don’t forget the mainstream media, who sent dozens of reporters to Wasilla, Alaska to investigate the supposedly unprepared governor as a Vice Presidential candidate but couldn’t be bothered to look into the Chicago Machine to test the qualifications of a rookie Senator for the top spot.  Barbara Walters told Piers Morgan last night that everyone thought Obama was the Messiah, which is why his failures are so disappointing to them (via Newsbusters and Truth Revolt):

PIERS MORGAN, HOST: You have interviewed every president of my lifetime. Why is Obama facing so much opposition now? Why is he struggling so much to really fulfill the great flame of ambition and excitement that he was elected on originally in 2009?

BARBARA WALTERS: Well, you’ve touched on it to a degree. He made so many promises. We thought that he was going to be – I shouldn’t say this at Christmastime, but – the next messiah. And the whole ObamaCare, or whatever you want to call it, the Affordable Health Act, it just hasn’t worked for him, and he’s stumbled around on it, and people feel very disappointed because they expected more.

It’s very difficult when the expectations for you are very high. You’re almost better off when they are low and then they rise and rise. His were very high and they’ve dropped. But you know, he still has several years to go. What does he have, three years, Piers? And, you know, there will be a lot of changes, one thinks in that time.

Probably in the Senate, most immediately in terms of politics. In real terms, millions of Americans have already experienced “a lot of changes” by having their health insurance cancelled, thanks in large part to the media failing to demand an explanation of how the “keep your plan” promise was supposed to work. Don’t forget the skyrocketing premiums, which exposed the Obama promise of lowering premiums by $2500 as another cheap (so to speak) lie that the media didn’t scrutinize from its Messiah.

Lots of changes, yes, lots of changes.  Will the media stop giving Obama the Messiah treatment? That’s a change that we probably won’t see, and even Walters expresses hope in her statement that her Messiah will reappear over the next three years.  This Advent season, it’s probably better to trust in the true Messiah rather than Walters’, and certainly better than trusting in the media that propped him up.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

She can’t really mean that, can she? Those with no eyes to see or ears to hear really love to spout foolishness, don’t they.

Kissmygrits on December 18, 2013 at 2:02 PM

Barbara Walters is a whore who slept her way to the top.

If you don’t like that, complain to Baba Wawa, because that’s what she claims in her books. She used more euphemistic terms, of course, but that’s the gist of it.

Adjoran on December 18, 2013 at 2:09 PM

Oh well I guess it’s time to tear down my alter.

DDay on December 18, 2013 at 2:09 PM

I had a momentary urge to reach through the screen and wring her scrawny neck, but thank God I already have a Messiah, and he wants me not to focus so much on the revolting spectacle of Obama worship that has been making me sick to my stomach since 2008. I told people then that he is a charlatan and they told me that I am racist. I cannot express just how deeply disturbing the entire experience has been from that day to this.

Xasprtr on December 18, 2013 at 10:13 AM

This! Thanks for posting truth in so many ways. My heart is broken – and has been since this all began – but at least I know I’m not alone. Stay strong.

redwhiteblue on December 18, 2013 at 2:31 PM

This reeks of nothing more than “liberal white guilt”.

May they all reap what they have sown.

D-fusit on December 18, 2013 at 2:47 PM

BobMbx on December 18, 2013 at 12:47 PM

GWB on December 18, 2013 at 12:55 PM

questionmark on December 18, 2013 at 1:13 PM

Herald of Woe on December 18, 2013 at 1:42 PM

listens2glenn on December 18, 2013 at 1:50 PM

My friends, your kind words of appreciation are most gratifying. But, alas, I cannot claim credit for the idea behind my telling of “The Circlefixion of their lord.”

The idea came from the One True Living God – Father of Him whose birthday we celebrate one week hence.

Also, by way of postscript, in my haste to share with you the inglorious gospel of Barack, I left out this part from the middle:

And, lo, as he hung there, his ears nailed to the old rugged circle, one of the thieves on the circle next to his began to mock and say “If you really are the messiah, save yourself.”

Barack looked at the thief and replied, “At my command, 10,000 legions of Democrat Underground commenters and Hot Air trolls will rise up from below and pull me off this giant blue circle. OK, DU commenters, HA trolls. I summon you from your abode. Rescue me. Now.”

But no one came. Not a word was written. Not a syllable was uttered. Barack was alone. And rejected.

“Worshippers, why have you forsaken me?” Barack shouted.

Silence. But then, a voice from above sounded. Deafeningly loud it was. “Attention. You there on the giant blue circle. I Am that I Am. Holy and Everlasting. I share My glory with no pipsqueak false messiahs. I already have a Son, and He doesn’t look like you.”

FlameWarrior on December 18, 2013 at 2:59 PM

Video: “We thought he was going to be … the next Messiah”

You could have started that headline with, “Confirmed:

It’s been that obvious.

There Goes the Neighborhood on December 18, 2013 at 3:36 PM

Who is this “we” to whom you refer, Babs? Do tell.

evergreen on December 18, 2013 at 3:39 PM

I am sure many have asked this – who is the Royal freakin’ ‘WE’ here?

mouell on December 18, 2013 at 4:07 PM

“We thought he was going to be … the next Messiah”

Apparently, “We” is the ‘royal plural’ for the leftwing mainstream media.

M240H on December 18, 2013 at 10:05 AM

Nah. The media is just always sure that they’re speaking for everyone else in the country.

There Goes the Neighborhood on December 18, 2013 at 4:35 PM

We’ll then you (plural) are a bunch of gullible idiots, aren’t you?

Honestly. It’s pathetic.

mojo on December 18, 2013 at 4:41 PM

The really interesting thing here is the phrase “Messiah treatment”. Because, if you look at how the real Messiah was treated when he was on Earth, it’s not anything like how the media have treated Obama. Heck, one of the clues about the/an anti-Christ is that everyone will follow him.

GWB on December 18, 2013 at 10:53 AM

Very true. But it is exactly how everyone will treat the antichrist.

I think we know which side the media would be on.

There Goes the Neighborhood on December 18, 2013 at 4:50 PM

There is something seriously wrong with people who are looking for a man/woman to save them. Anyone who votes for someone because they believe that person can make the world a more perfect place is mentally deranged.

NotCoach on December 18, 2013 at 10:10 AM

I’ve noticed how secular liberalism seems more and more to be a return to paganism: the earth worship of the extreme environmentalists reminds me of the pagan Celts who worshipped lakes and mountains and now they elevate a man to the level of a god.

breffnian on December 18, 2013 at 5:16 PM

Here’s the thing, Babs… You can think whatever you want, but as supposed “journalists” what you think doesn’t matter when you report the facts. (LOLOLOLOLOL) If your “messiah” was so great, you wouldn’t have had to spin, ignore, deny, and cover up so much. The facts (look up the word) would have spoken for themselves and he wouldn’t have needed your Pravda style propoganda to push his lying, inexperienced, narcissistic self into office. I know you’ll never wrap your brain around that, Bhaba Wawa, but it’s why journalism is now considered a big fat joke and your ratings are in the toilet. The Fourth Estate, the so-called Free Press which was considered so important that is is protected in our Constitution, has turned into a sickening, slobbering bunch of sycophants who are actually worse than the politicians they crawl on their knees to service. We expect politicians to be slimeballs. The press was supposed to be the watchdog. Now, you’re all just a big joke.

Boudica on December 18, 2013 at 5:17 PM

Speaking of Duck Dynasty…

JetBoy on December 18, 2013 at 5:35 PM

Great takedown of Babs by Charles Krauthammer on FNC’s ‘The Five’ this afternoon….

CHARLES KRAUTHAMMER: Well, I mean, it’s remarkable that it would take half a decade for the veil to be lifted from her eyes. Five years to realize the man isn’t a messiah? I think it took some of us – [Looking at co-host Bob Beckel] well, almost all of us – about, you know, an hour and a half to realize that he gives a good speech, but he’s shown no aptitude at governing. So I’m glad that she’s aboard, but she’s a little late.

Athos on December 18, 2013 at 5:53 PM

Her white guilt and her affection for affirmative action….like giving car keys and alcohol to teens. A dangerous combination. Totally blind to what could happen.

jaywemm on December 18, 2013 at 8:42 PM

Baba wawa is a gullible lying fool with a crusty bottom.

SparkPlug on December 18, 2013 at 9:35 PM

Skank Jew Socialist ala Streisand who gains fame & wealth & wants a different government as long as it doesn’t affect their social status. Multi millionaire Hollywood asses, with their French summer homes like Clooney & friends telling us what is right & wrong.

RdLake on December 18, 2013 at 9:42 PM

RdLake on December 18, 2013 at 9:42 PM

OMG, that is so totally wrong and unfair! Clooney’s Euro manse is in Italy, not France!

Jaibones on December 18, 2013 at 11:14 PM

Baba wawa is a gullible lying fool with a crusty bottom.

SparkPlug on December 18, 2013 at 9:35 PM

It’s sad, but maybe a little funny looking at this old rag all wigged and dyed and painted, like a 100 frame house with half an inch of heavy oil base to fill in the holes and cover the dry rot. Yeesh.

Jaibones on December 18, 2013 at 11:17 PM

Hindsight is 20/20, right, Barbara?

virgo on December 18, 2013 at 11:47 PM

Saw something on TV tonight. It’s the “last” installment of Babba Wawwahs Most Interesting People segments.

One of her segments featured Paris Hilton.

Now, if you can’t find someone more interesting than Paris Hilton in a country of 300 million people, you are a dunce.

Babba
Wawwah
Is
A
Dunce

Who. Cares. What. She. Has. To. Say?

thejackal on December 19, 2013 at 3:45 AM

“We thought he was going to be … the next Messiah”

And that, Barbara, makes you dumber than every Tea Party member you looked down your fat little nose at when they pegged him as a zero. And no, not “most” of them… every single one.

drunyan8315 on December 19, 2013 at 11:46 AM

An opinion worthy of THE VIEW

Ron Stone on December 19, 2013 at 1:13 PM

Welp, he wasn’t the next Messiah. Better luck next time, Obama!

The Nerve on December 19, 2013 at 5:35 PM

How does someone this moronic last this long on TV?

RdLake on December 19, 2013 at 7:52 PM

So all of these bright people and over 50% of voting citizens thought that the government could organize a program that would cover 30 million uninsured people, increase benefits and reduce premiums; such ignorant, useful-idiot, fools. Just look to Venezuela to see the end result I expect to see in the US.

amr on December 21, 2013 at 11:39 AM