Sen. Landrieu’s first ad: “What I said to the president is, you told them you could keep it”

posted at 2:41 pm on December 11, 2013 by Erika Johnsen

While certain Democrats remain undaunted in their insistence that the whole lot of ‘em are totally, absolutely, unequivocally going to be running on ObamaCare in 2014 and using it “as an advantage,” other Democrats are clearly feeling a little more… well, daunted.

When Sen. Landrieu learned that individuals who liked their health insurance could no longer keep it, despite the President’s promise, she wrote legislation to insure that the promise was kept. As a result, the President issued guidance allowing states and insurance companies to renew individual health plans for another year.

Dang. This is Landrieu’s first ad for the 2014 cycle, and she’s distancing herself from ObamaCare right out of the gate. I suppose there’s no point even pretending that there are other issues that will dominate over this one, particularly not in her state (Louisiana went for Romney by a whopping 17-point margin), so she might as well tackle it head-on. She certainly didn’t lead the charge to pass some kind of keep-your-plan legislation just for kicks, after all.

Comments

Landrieu: “Please let me fool you again and vote for me!” Sheep!!

Deano1952 on December 11, 2013 at 2:48 PM

Miss Mary can own it. All of it.

People wouldn’t be going thru this stress of “keeping their plan” had she not voted for this monstrosity in the first place.

NRSC should slam her immediately.

I also want someone, anyone, on our side to publicly denounce what the added, unanticipated stress and uncertainty is doing to people with high blood pressure and other medical issues. I’ve yet to hear anyone mention this angle.

matthew8787 on December 11, 2013 at 2:50 PM

Gee, what does the Duck Dynasty clown troupe think?

M240H on December 11, 2013 at 2:50 PM

Somebody tell Sen. Landrieu that Obama is a certifiable liar.

She told him to fix it, and he did.

LOL

fogw on December 11, 2013 at 2:50 PM

the problem for her is that she said she would vote for it all over again

ConservativePartyNow on December 11, 2013 at 2:50 PM

Her ad closer to the election: “Harry Reid held a gun to my head and threatened to kidnap my first born if I didn’t vote for Obamacare!”

PattyJ on December 11, 2013 at 2:51 PM

What did Dean Wormer say? Oh yeah.
And I don’t trust our side to launch a suitable retort.

RovesChins on December 11, 2013 at 2:52 PM

Of course if she had read the bill before helping to pass it, she would have learned about this much sooner. Does pleading ignorant to the bills she passed play well in Louisiana?

Flange on December 11, 2013 at 2:53 PM

Too late fool…

mnjg on December 11, 2013 at 2:53 PM

Miss Mary can own it. All of it.
matthew8787 on December 11, 2013 at 2:50 PM

Just last week, she was all “I’d vote for it again!!’

BigWyo on December 11, 2013 at 2:56 PM

This woman needs some “Dice Clay”

“Mary, Mary, quite Contrary,
shave that p*ssy, it’s too damn hairy!!”

ToddPA on December 11, 2013 at 2:57 PM

HeeHeeeheeeHaahaahaaa…

Stick a fork in this pasty-faced pilsbury doughgirl

SHE’S DONE

BigSven on December 11, 2013 at 2:57 PM

Can’t put lipstick on a pig, except…well…in the morning…when you attempt the unattainable.

msupertas on December 11, 2013 at 2:59 PM

It was a “suggestion” not guidance. And many of the states said they couldn’t legally renew those substandard health plans.

You cast the deciding Senate vote for Obamacare. Wallow in your own filth you disgusting pig.

Happy Nomad on December 11, 2013 at 2:59 PM

“What I said to the president is, you told them you could keep it

So, you’re trying to say you didn’t know what was in the bill and you were just taking The One’s word for it???

I was just parroting President Boyfriend??

Really???

Liar.

BigWyo on December 11, 2013 at 3:00 PM

Which wasn’t until a few months ago. Because, you know, she voted for the law that made it happen without knowing what it contained. So, please, vote this ignoramus back in to office.
/s

MJBrutus on December 11, 2013 at 3:02 PM

Uh huh, she did read it and voted for it anyway. I hope her state is reminded of that over and over again running up to election time.

jake49 on December 11, 2013 at 3:02 PM

did not

jake49 on December 11, 2013 at 3:03 PM

She’ll shut the barn door. She’ll even padlock it and install a security system complete with retinal scans.

Where’s that damn horse!?

ElectricPhase on December 11, 2013 at 3:09 PM

Meanwhile, back in 2010, Landrieu joined every other Democrat in refusing to void the “non-grandfathering” interpretation of the existing-plan grandfather clause. In short, she was for making policies that existed mid-year illegal before she was against it, with a side of the heavy hand of federal government making a further hash of state powers and the private insurance market.

Worse, she didn’t even have enough juice to have her proposal voted on.

Steve Eggleston on December 11, 2013 at 3:11 PM

The problem, Mary, is that you told the citizens of Louisiana that they would be able to keep their plans, yet what you told Obama by your vote for the bill was that he didn’t have to keep that promise when you gave him the authority and the opportunity to force the citizens of Louisiana to lose their plans.

Obama didn’t keep his promise, Louisianans lost their insurance, and you have no way in hell of correcting that problem. And all campaign ads like this do is show your don’t deserve to keep the job Louisianans trusted you with.

Dusty on December 11, 2013 at 3:13 PM

I was talking to a friend who has to buy on the individual market. He received a notice in July that he was being escalated b/c the new provisions in Obamacare. Result- he would have to pay $800 more per month, and his deductable went from $6k to $8k.

In Nov, he was notified he would get his old plan back, EXCEPT there was no provision for him to get his old pricing back. He would still have to pay the same as he was notified previously.

gonnjos on December 11, 2013 at 3:15 PM

Which will never become law.

Which has not force of law. This is known as dictatorship, and she’s bragging about participating in it.

Akzed on December 11, 2013 at 3:19 PM

it’s pretty clear that all of this “keep your plan, really this time” is just a smokescreen. I’m willing to wager only a tiny percentage will actually be able to keep a previously cancelled plan as a result of President Selfies magic wand. Ads like this will only piss off people that have lost out.

JusDreamin on December 11, 2013 at 3:21 PM

Even without the Obamacare fiasco, Landrieu is a weak senator. She is one of those little princeses who inherited her daddy’s doner list.

You can do better, Lousianna!

Deafdog on December 11, 2013 at 3:22 PM

She’s just another scum of the earth lowlife lying Democrat. Just wait until employers start ditching people, she will probably dig a hole and jump in it and ask someone to cover it up. This bitch is finished.

tmgrant on December 11, 2013 at 3:25 PM

“What I said to the president is, you told them you could keep it.”

“…Then Barry hung his head in shame, and started weeping, and knelt, asked me to forgive him, then asked me what he could do to make it alright, and I said, “Mr. President, just issue guidance to the states and insurance companies to renew individual health plans for another year, despite the many legal barriers that prevent that from actually happening, and the financial confusion into which it would throw the insurance carriers were they to take it seriously.”

And he said, “So shall it be.”

Akzed on December 11, 2013 at 3:27 PM

Wormy, gutless politician. She lies like her messiah and couldn’t care less about her constituents. Get rid of her Louisiana.

rplat on December 11, 2013 at 3:28 PM

“What I said to the president is, you told them you could keep it.”

“What I said to the president was, you told them they could keep it.”

Akzed on December 11, 2013 at 3:29 PM

Dope.

Akzed on December 11, 2013 at 3:30 PM

Miss Mary can own it. All of it.
matthew8787 on December 11, 2013 at 2:50 PM

Just last week, she was all “I’d vote for it again!!’

BigWyo on December 11, 2013 at 2:56 PM

Folowin up on Flanges’ remark, what are the odds she’d read the bill the second time aroundas she either a) clearly didn’t read it the first time around, or b) read enough of it to know that she is lying her pants off now.

parke on December 11, 2013 at 3:35 PM

Landrieu is a filthy stinkin’ pig LIAR – she must be FIRED!!!
————————————————–
Landrieu 2009: Hold me 100 percent accountable for obamacare’s failures.

Landrieu 12/6/2013: “I would support it again”

Landrieu 12/11/2013: obamacare is all fixed.

“For years Mary Landrieu repeatedly made blatantly false promises about obamacare. Then, when tens of thousands of Louisianans found out that they will lose their health care plan, Mary Landrieu panicked and began promoting legislation that would destroy the very law she claims to be ‘proud’ of,” said National Republican Senatorial Committee spokeswoman Brook Hougesen.

“Landrieu is facing a major crisis of credibility. After all the deceptions, lies and broken promises about Obamacare over the last four years, Louisianans have a hard time believing anything that Mary Landrieu says about the unpopular law.”

Pork-Chop on December 11, 2013 at 3:37 PM

Say anything.

Whatever it takes.

Scum.

MTF on December 11, 2013 at 3:40 PM

Happy Nomad on December 11, 2013 at 2:59 PM

That was my first thought when I read the headline. “You cast the deciding vote, Witch!” (sorry for the misspelling) Now suck it up you own it.

Oldnuke on December 11, 2013 at 3:43 PM

I think this could be called burning the bridge before you cross it. There’s a lot of that going around.

Oldnuke on December 11, 2013 at 3:46 PM

Translation: Please forget that I could have tried to fix and or stop it years ago but am only doing so now because this thing is a turd. Please please re-elect me!

Minnfidel on December 11, 2013 at 3:49 PM

Maybe she should’ve found out what was in it before she passed it. I know it sounds crazy…

jdpaz on December 11, 2013 at 3:49 PM

Does anybody here know who is running against Landrieu for the Republicans?

Steve Z on December 11, 2013 at 3:50 PM

JusDreamin on December 11, 2013 at 3:21 PM

I’ve seen a lot of government debacles in my time but this is a whole new category of fracked up. I’ve never seen anything even approaching this. Our health system is ruined for at least a generation. Even if Obamacare were repealed in it’s entirety tomorrow just fixing the damage already done would take years. The longer this farce goes on the longer it’s going to take to fix it.

The following statement is verified by Obamacare. I throw it at every liberal I come across.

If you think more government is the solution it’s obvious that you don’t understand the problem.

Oldnuke on December 11, 2013 at 3:56 PM

“This ad sponsored by Senator Mary Landrieu, Republican.”

paul1149 on December 11, 2013 at 3:59 PM

“I didn’t read it, I just voted for it because of what Obama said. Had I read it I would have known that you couldn’t keep your plan but instead I supported it blindly. Vote for me again!”—- Sen. Landrieu

Dollayo on December 11, 2013 at 4:14 PM

Throw the scumhag out; pitchfork her, politically of course.

Plus, play this, over and over
and send it to all you know that vote in Louisiana.

Schadenfreude on December 11, 2013 at 4:15 PM

She never says that Adolf, er Harry Reid stopped her idea.

Go to Hades, obama, Harry, and ALL who brung the national travesty upon the land.

Home, out, every one of you, NO exceptions.

Schadenfreude on December 11, 2013 at 4:16 PM

“I HAD to shoot those Jews, I was ordered to, but secretly I wanted them to all escape and live happily somewhere.”

Bishop on December 11, 2013 at 4:20 PM

My best friend is a good acquaintance with a former congressman from Louisiana (well known, big name.) At dinner a few years ago, he put it simply: “Mary Landrieu may be the dumbest elected official in D.C.” Sooooo…yeah. Good on you, Louisiana!
If you read W’s book, you’ll notice how restrained he was in going after the folks who tried to ruin him. But he went out of his way to tell the story of how unprofessional and incompetent Mary Landrieu was. She’s just weapons grade stupid.

Sugar Land on December 11, 2013 at 4:21 PM

“I was against it, well, until the $300 mill Medicaid kickback for LA, then I was for it….well, until now, cause now I am up for reelection”….may she wallow in her own feces…

hillsoftx on December 11, 2013 at 4:22 PM

I have said it before, The only thing a person keeps their entire life is their name. If you tarnish your own name people will remember. Evidently the Senator thinks selling out Louisiana is good for her name. I believe the people of Louisiana think differently. It is a shame to think about all of the money she is going to spend to try to keep her job. How many millions is it going to take to hang on to a job that pays a couple hundred thousand? And for what purpose? One more thing, I did vote for her for her first term. And If I were double jointed I would be kicking my own self in the butt.

Guest1.1 on December 11, 2013 at 4:28 PM

In legalese: The president and insurance companies entered into a conspiracy to break the law.

BobMbx on December 11, 2013 at 4:39 PM

Again, remember that Louisianans voted for her in the first place. Really tells you all you need to know about her chances to fool them again.

Knott Buyinit on December 11, 2013 at 4:42 PM

This woman needs some “Dice Clay”

In most states, merely acknowledging that you know of Andrew Dice Clay can get you brought up on hate crime charges.

BobMbx on December 11, 2013 at 4:42 PM

If you like your Senatorial seat, you can keep your Senatorial seat.”

itzWicks on December 11, 2013 at 4:47 PM

Throw the scumhag out; pitchfork her, politically of course.

Plus, play this, over and over and send it to all you know that vote in Louisiana.

Schadenfreude on December 11, 2013 at 4:15 PM

Oh man I wish I knew some Louisianans!!! I’d play that every time “Mary, Mary, Quite Contrary” opened her big fat sewer hole she calls her mouth about Obamacae!!!!!

csdeven on December 11, 2013 at 4:52 PM

Landrieu is just the first one out of the gate to try to take the ACA albatross off her neck and place it around Obama’s. The truth is the ACA is DemocratCare, not ObamaCare. The Democrats in Congress cooked this thing up, supported it, prevented any Republican modifications to it. This monster belongs to the entire Democratic Party.

Obama is not running for any more elections. Democrats who cooked this thing up, sold it to the people, and have supported it all along are going to try to deflect blame when they come up for elections. We seriously need to stop calling this thing “ObamaCare” and start calling it what it is: “DemocratCare” or DemCare.

crosspatch on December 11, 2013 at 4:58 PM

Mary Landrieu walks into a bar. The Bartender says, “what can I get you?”

ML: “I’ll have a raspberry cosmo”

Bartender: “One raspberry cosmo coming up”

ML: “No I don’t want a raspberry cosmo”

Bartender: “I thought you ordered a raspberry cosmo?”

ML: I did, I just don’t want you to think I ordered it though.

Minnfidel on December 11, 2013 at 5:05 PM

Landrieu – HINT! Reserve that Ryder Rental Truck now. You’re going to need it come next November.

GarandFan on December 11, 2013 at 5:08 PM

If the Senator really wants to deal with the issue, then crawl over to the Republicans and devise an effort to change or abolish Obamacare via legislation, rather than praising Obama’s unconstitutional “adjustments” to the written law. She would alienate the rest of the Democrats, but she just might be able to convince Louisiana voters that she learned her lesson.

bartbeast on December 11, 2013 at 5:50 PM

…she wrote legislation to insure that the promise was kept.

Sigh. It’s ensure, you grammatically-challenged dingoes.

Paul_in_NJ on December 11, 2013 at 6:07 PM

Jeebus….. Litle Fat Mary is acting more like a fat intern bringing the president a pizza & cigar …… rather than a US Senator…

yo Mary …. legislation 101…. READ THE BILL…

of course that only applies if ya give a chit

roflmmfao

donabernathy on December 11, 2013 at 7:51 PM

…she is a lying lowlife!

KOOLAID2 on December 11, 2013 at 10:28 PM

the problem for her is that she said she would vote for it all over again

ConservativePartyNow on December 11, 2013 at 2:50 PM

There’s a sweet sound-bite of her saying exactly that, and were I her opponent, I would run that ad-nauseum with specific references that she made that comment after it was shown that people were losing their plans on a wholesale basis.

If we can’t sink this witch, there’s no hope for us.

CaptFlood on December 12, 2013 at 9:53 AM

Take Nancy Pelosi’s recent advice to Liberals, ‘Emrace the $uck!’

You made you bed, $crewed the American people, and now expect them to REWARD you for it. Hopefully the old adage ‘Payback is a bi-atch’ will be proven true in this next election.

Americans will truly prove their level of intelligence in 2014. If they re-elect the very politicians who betrayed them and voted again during the government shut down to FORCE them not only to pay for their own Obamacare premiums but 70% of their Liberal reps’ premiums as well, they are morons & deserve what they get. The unfortunate part would be they would be dragging the rest of us down with them.

easyt65 on December 12, 2013 at 3:01 PM