Quotes of the day

posted at 10:41 pm on December 11, 2013 by Allahpundit

The rift between House Republican leaders and outside conservative organizations broke into the open Wednesday as Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) rebuked groups that had preemptively denounced a budget deal…

The Speaker delivered a similar message to Republicans inside the party meeting, when, according to Rep. Steve Womack (R-Ark.), he urged lawmakers not to be pressured by outside activists.

“The Speaker was very clear: There is only person who controls the voting cards of the member of Congress, and that is the member of Congress,” Womack said…

In publically denouncing the activist groups, Boehner joins senior Senate Republicans who have decried their influence and their motives in mounting primary challenges against incumbents.

***

Then Rep. Steve Scalise (R-La.) upped the ante.

The chairman of the RSC, the bastion of the right-wing strategy on Capitol Hill, fired its long-time executive director Paul Teller for leaking member-level conversations to the outside groups, according to a senior Republican aide…

If there was any staffer on Capitol Hill that was nearly as powerful as a member of Congress, it was Teller. He has been involved in conservative strategy for more than a decade, helping drag legislative debates to the right. But he often chafed on Republican leadership, who saw him as causing intra-party drama…

“The fact they are making an example of Paul is clearly a message to staffers and other members that they will take a pound of flesh if they go against them on this sellout budget deal,” said one Senate Republican aide with close ties to the tea party. “It’s disgraceful. This is clearly Paul Ryan and John Boehner cracking down on dissent in the House. It shows the hostility the establishment has to tea party-minded staffers.”

***

Outside right-leaning groups are firing back at Speaker John Boehner after he attacked their intentions and questioned their commitment to conservative principles on Wednesday.

“Speaker Boehner’s real problem here isn’t with conservative groups like FreedomWorks, it’s with millions of individual Americans who vote Republican because they were told the GOP was the party of small government and fiscal responsibility,” Matt Kibbe, the president of FreedomWorks, said in a statement.

Kibbe went on: “Once again Republicans, led by John Boehner, are working with Democrats to increase spending yet again on the taxpayers’ tab while promising ‘savings’ down the road. We know how this movie ends. How can leadership credibly promise spending cuts later, after agreeing to a plan that rolls back the sequester savings promised two debt increases ago? There’s a predictable pattern here.”

***

At a Wednesday forum put on by the Heritage Foundation, eight conservative members of Boehner’s conference took turns explaining why the Democrats had crushed them. “Until today, I thought Republicans were going to hold the line on the sequester,” said Idaho Rep. Raul Labrador. “Democrats realized they were right all along, that we were never going to hold the line.”

“Look, we got beat,” said South Carolina Rep. Mick Mulvaney. “We don’t have the votes. Our opening position was the law [of sequestration caps]. Their opening position is to break the law. When those are the two starting positions, the compromise will be to break the law.”

Now that they’ve lost, what’s the future of that entitlement reform President Obama keeps saying he’s ready for? How will Republicans force him to the proverbial table where all Washington deals are birthed?

They don’t know.

***

Amazing how much can change in a month. Congressman Paul Ryan and Senator Patty Murray have decided to give up the last thing the GOP was fighting for — spending restraint. “Don’t worry,” Paul Ryan says with his boyish charm designed to induce sweats and heart palpitations among conservatives, “it’s only a little less restrained.”…

So it raises spending, it raises taxes … errr … “user fees”, and it funds Obamacare. It’s the budgetary equivalent of being only a little big pregnant.

But then that’s the problem with Paul Ryan. In his run of the mill voting record, there is no question Paul Ryan is a conservative. It’s just he sees fit to lose his conservative bona fides when high profile votes are on the line. So his friends can cast aspersions on those who suggest he might not be what he appears while he goes on to prove he is not what he appears to be in these big votes.

***

[I]n abandoning his years-long quest to re-imagine American society and settling for a bipartisan deal, the Wisconsin Republican took the first steps to emerge as a House power center — a Republican willing to take baby steps to curb the nation’s trillions in debt, normalize the budget process and protect a Pentagon pilloried by cuts…

“As a conservative, I deal with the situation as it exists,” Ryan said. “I deal with the way things are, not necessarily the way things I want them to be. I’ve passed three budgets in a row that reflect my priorities and my principles and everything I wanted to accomplish. We’re in divided government. I realize I’m not going to get that. So I’m not going to go a mile in the direction I wanted to go to, but I will take a few steps in the right direction. This agreement takes us in the right direction, from my perspective, for the very reasons I laid out before.”

***

PM: Did you ever pressure him to, you know, get these Tea Party guys to settle down, get in line?

[Steve LaTourette]: I sat on Team Boehner. We would have lunch once a month in [room] H-230, and these would be the people that helped elect him, majority or minority leader. I mean, there were people who were really vocal about the fact that you got to do something to these guys. … [Michigan Rep.] Freddy Upton was really upset, which is—you know, Freddy’s a very mild man. … The general consensus was you’ve got to make an example of somebody. You’ve got to find somebody that doesn’t have a lot of friends so it doesn’t have a big backlash, and you got to do something mean to him.

And Boehner said no. I mean, his idea—he said, well, maybe I won’t let them preside [the ceremonial position of sitting in the chairman’s rostrum in the House]. People were saying, “What kind of punishment is that?” Or maybe, you know, “When some of these appointments come up, such as the U.N. thing or whatever, I won’t appoint them.” And everybody sort of left the meeting saying, “He’s just not of the mind to go after these people and punish them, so they’re going to be emboldened.”…

PM: Eric Cantor’s desire to become speaker seems to have cooled a bit. He seems to be getting along better with Boehner. Why?

SL: I think Eric’s come to the realization that these guys [the Tea Party Republicans who viewed Cantor as their early leader], it’s like having a pet alligator. You know, once you turn your back, they’re going to eat you.

***

Via RCP.

***

***

Via Ben Howe.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Waiting

Bmore on December 11, 2013 at 10:43 PM

Good evening!

KCB on December 11, 2013 at 10:43 PM

What in the hell happened to this place while I was gone?!?!

Bmore on December 11, 2013 at 10:43 PM

Hi Bmore.

KCB on December 11, 2013 at 10:43 PM

KCB, whats up with the new column links to townhall? We being absorbed by Salem? I heard Twitchy got it too.

Bmore on December 11, 2013 at 10:44 PM

Yo

Electrongod on December 11, 2013 at 10:45 PM

Electrongod on December 11, 2013 at 10:45 PM

What up E? ; )

Bmore on December 11, 2013 at 10:45 PM

The Gop/Repub party is DEAD

Gone
‘Fini

Over

Murphy9 on December 11, 2013 at 10:45 PM

Bonner is a Democrat…

Electrongod on December 11, 2013 at 10:45 PM

The closing lines of the Fable of the Bees by Mandeville. Those who would try to defy the rules of economics by shaping a new man, would do well to read his words.

Then leave Complaints: Fools only strive
To make a Great an honest Hive.
T’enjoy the World’s Conveniencies,
Be famed in War, yet live in Ease
Without great Vices, is a vain
Eutopia seated in the Brain.
Fraud, Luxury, and Pride must live;
We the Benefits receive.
Hunger’s a dreadful Plague no doubt,
Yet who digests or thrives without?
Do we not owe the Growth of Wine
To the dry, crooked, shabby Vine?
Which, whist its neglected flood,
Choak’d other Plants, and ran to Wood;
But blest us with his Noble Fruit;
As soon as it was tied, and cut:
So Vice is beneficial found,
When it’s by Justice, and bound;
Nay, where the People would be great,
As necessary to the State,
At Hunger is to make ‘em eat.
Bare Vertue can’t make Nations live
In Splendour; they, that would revive
A Golden Age, must be as free,
For Acorns, as for Honesty.

VorDaj on December 11, 2013 at 10:46 PM

I applied to live on Mars.
Taking Ken with.

bazil9 on December 11, 2013 at 10:46 PM

S’up…

Scrumpy on December 11, 2013 at 10:46 PM

bazil9 on December 11, 2013 at 10:46 PM

The air sucks bad up/out there. Plus no water.

Bmore on December 11, 2013 at 10:46 PM

I applied to live on Mars.
Taking Ken with.

bazil9 on December 11, 2013 at 10:46 PM

What is the gov’t like up there?

kcewa on December 11, 2013 at 10:47 PM

What up E? ; )

Bmore on December 11, 2013 at 10:45 PM

waiting for this year to end..

Electrongod on December 11, 2013 at 10:47 PM

bazil9 on December 11, 2013 at 10:46 PM

I am gonna effing stow away…

Scrumpy on December 11, 2013 at 10:47 PM

You know you’re on the right track when Tingles loves you…go Karl Rove!

d1carter on December 11, 2013 at 10:47 PM

Then, he can’t be counted on, can he, Erick. Kind of like you.

I bought a piece of land on Venus for Paul Ryan.

RovesChins on December 11, 2013 at 10:48 PM

Bmore on December 11, 2013 at 10:46 PM

See the Universe for 6 months then

SPLAT or not… :)

Somthing different…

Scrumpy on December 11, 2013 at 10:48 PM

he urged lawmakers not to be pressured by outside activists.

Outside activists ?
Is that what Boner calls us voters with IQs in triple digits ?
Outside activists ?
What does he call laraza and the president of mehico who blackmail for amnesty ?

burrata on December 11, 2013 at 10:49 PM

You better believe it. We’re on the hunt for Rinos. Taste good.

RovesChins on December 11, 2013 at 10:51 PM

Plus no water.

Bmore on December 11, 2013 at 10:46 PM

As long as there is Coke and Booze. ;)

I am gonna effing stow away…

Scrumpy on December 11, 2013 at 10:47 PM

Gotcha covered Scrump!

bazil9 on December 11, 2013 at 10:51 PM

Colonize the moon first.

kcewa on December 11, 2013 at 10:51 PM

Bmore on December 11, 2013 at 10:44 PM

One big happy family.

KCB on December 11, 2013 at 10:51 PM

How in the hell did we ever get surrounded by such an infestation of worthless beings? The party of R’s in particular. A bunch of damned weaklings. The dims, nothing more than rats. Somehow, someway they all need the boot, save one or two or so.

Bmore on December 11, 2013 at 10:52 PM

I applied to live on Mars.
Taking Ken with.

bazil9 on December 11, 2013 at 10:46 PM

Sweet!

KCB on December 11, 2013 at 10:52 PM

bazil9 on December 11, 2013 at 10:51 PM

^ 5 ;D

Scrumpy on December 11, 2013 at 10:53 PM

And no I still haven’t given up on Cruz. He is still doing well in my eyes.

Bmore on December 11, 2013 at 10:53 PM

Considering that outside “conservative groups” have been taking pot shots at Republicans (almost exclusively, rarely to never criticizing Democrats), it’s about time they took some return fire. Good for Boehner. And I don’t want to hear the “conservative groups” whining because their have butthurt over finally taking some criticism in return. They aren’t helping.

crosspatch on December 11, 2013 at 10:54 PM

VorDaj on December 11, 2013 at 10:46 PM

Great post ty!!

Scrumpy on December 11, 2013 at 10:54 PM

I’m just glad that HA is still allowing comments from Conservatives…for now.

d1carter on December 11, 2013 at 10:55 PM

And no I still haven’t given up on Cruz. He is still doing well in my eyes.

Bmore on December 11, 2013 at 10:53 PM

I feel the same. He is tough.

KCB on December 11, 2013 at 10:55 PM

Bmore on December 11, 2013 at 10:44 PM

Conservative consolidation: New ‘Twitchy’ owner in talks to buy RedState, Regnery

Salem Communications, the parent company of right-wing sites HotAir.com and Townhall.com, is considering a series of acquisitions that would consolidate several of the conservative blogosphere’s most influential brands under one corporate tent, POLITICO has learned.

On Tuesday, Salem announced its acquisition of Twitchy, the conservative blog run by Michelle Malkin. Sources familiar with the company’s plans now tell POLITICO that Salem is also in talks to buy Eagle Publishing, which owns the websites RedState and HumanEvents, as well conservative book publisher Regnery.

kcewa on December 11, 2013 at 10:56 PM

crosspatch on December 11, 2013 at 10:54 PM

What in the hell are you smoking? Did you even read that weak ass shit you just posted?

Bmore on December 11, 2013 at 10:57 PM

kcewa on December 11, 2013 at 10:56 PM

In my industry take overs like that lead to a weaker brand. So be it. Other Conservative sites will start to gain the audience Salem loses.

Bmore on December 11, 2013 at 10:58 PM

crosspatch on December 11, 2013 at 10:54 PM

Neither are you dickwad…

Go suck a rotten egg and shuddup!!

Scrumpy on December 11, 2013 at 10:59 PM

d1carter on December 11, 2013 at 10:55 PM

Exactly.

Bmore on December 11, 2013 at 10:59 PM

((lurk mode on))

Scrumpy on December 11, 2013 at 10:59 PM

kcewa on December 11, 2013 at 10:56 PM

So. Who is behind Salem?

gh on December 11, 2013 at 11:00 PM

kcewa on December 11, 2013 at 10:56 PM

Lockstep.

RovesChins on December 11, 2013 at 11:01 PM

Bmore on December 11, 2013 at 10:57 PM

Good evening, Bmore.:) Good to see you. I hope you and yours are well.

thatsafactjack on December 11, 2013 at 11:03 PM

For DoucheBear, nonpartisan, LibFree, et al…

I LOL’d: Gun charges against George Zimmerman dropped, media hardest hit.

PointnClick on December 11, 2013 at 11:03 PM

Looks like my favorite Pecker wood is here. Bmore

Oh and I agree with B9s next post.

SparkPlug on December 11, 2013 at 11:03 PM

Hi Scrumpy. I see you lurking in your pjs.

SparkPlug on December 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM

Primary every damn one of em! Send em packing. Do not support this weak crap any longer via money or vote. Very close to hoping they all drown on the way to starving. Yes I mean philosophically.

Bmore on December 11, 2013 at 11:05 PM

Maybe MG will go caroling in her daisy dukes and boots. I’ll be in the back checking out the singing and the swinging.

SparkPlug on December 11, 2013 at 11:05 PM

The GOP is dead, dead, dead and the Fasttalker traitor from Wisconsin is one of the executioners.

I hate his innards.

Schadenfreude on December 11, 2013 at 10:40 PM

Schadenfreude on December 11, 2013 at 11:05 PM

crosspatch on December 11, 2013 at 10:54 PM

You wouldn’t have the house without us.
You won’t get the senate in 2014 without us.
Obamacare is the law of the land. Yeah, you ankle grabbing establishment hacks help a whole heap. /

RovesChins on December 11, 2013 at 11:05 PM

The push to marginalize Conservatives is here. Reagan’s legacy be damned. Progressivism is where it’s at politically because RINOS can’t counter the identity politics of the left or keep the media honest. It’s better and infinitely more lucrative for Boehner, Ryan, McConnell, McCain and company to stick with the status quo and allow the corrupt cancer in D.C. to continue and metastise. They don’t want to rock the boat and they’re paving the way for Christie. That means removing the tea-party ‘roadblock.’

It’s not about doing what’s right and serving your nation when it comes to them. It’s all about power and money and not killing their golden goose.

Corporal Tunnel on December 11, 2013 at 11:06 PM

thatsafactjack on December 11, 2013 at 11:03 PM

Evening Jackie. I am in a decidedly commercial mood this evening.

gh on December 11, 2013 at 11:06 PM

Pitchfork every one of them, politically.

The founding father hurl in their graves.

All who brung obama’care’, out, out, out.

All weasels from the so-called right, out, out, out.

Go home, you traitors of the land, every God-damned one of you.

Schadenfreude on December 11, 2013 at 11:07 PM

thatsafactjack on December 11, 2013 at 11:03 PM

Jackie is it just me or is this place heading straight down the tubes? I don’t give a rat ass what any say. I know when I am being silenced. Freaking GOPe. To hell with em! Damn bunch of elitists!

Bmore on December 11, 2013 at 11:07 PM

Oh well GOP is road kill. May as well drive my steam roller over them and make some stink jerky to feed into Moochelle’s wood chipper jowels to make baco bits.

SparkPlug on December 11, 2013 at 11:07 PM

I LOL’d: Gun charges against George Zimmerman dropped, media hardest hit.

PointnClick on December 11, 2013 at 11:03 PM

Isn’t Erica and the Department of Jihad still after Zimmerman’s blood ?

burrata on December 11, 2013 at 11:07 PM

I agree with BMore about drowning.

SparkPlug on December 11, 2013 at 11:08 PM

Schadenfreude on December 11, 2013 at 11:05 PM

Finally a voice of sanity. Good to see you Schadenfreude! Missed you a few times on my way back in. ; )

Bmore on December 11, 2013 at 11:08 PM

Speed of Sound

gh on December 11, 2013 at 11:09 PM

Lockstep.

RovesChins on December 11, 2013 at 11:01 PM

Indeed. Forward! (or something)

Corporal Tunnel on December 11, 2013 at 11:09 PM

I agree with Schad about pitchfork.

If cozmo says anything I will disagree.

SparkPlug on December 11, 2013 at 11:09 PM

I’ve been in the tea party since the beginning and I don’t remember Cantor ever being a leader.

Two can play that game:

Hey, everybody, as all of you know I have been one of the leaders of the GOP establishment for the past several years and, you know, even I have to admit that the GOP establishment is like the proverbial scorpion on the fox’s back. They just can’t be trusted, it’s in their nature to sting you. You can’t trust the GOP leadership, and I should know, I’m one of them.

Cantor was never, ever popular with the tea party. Rubio and Ryan were once upon a time, on false pretenses, but they’ve since been exposed. Cantor never was.

FloatingRock on December 11, 2013 at 11:09 PM

gh on December 11, 2013 at 11:06 PM

Good evening, gh.:) Great tune, commercial or not…and very apropos. :)

thatsafactjack on December 11, 2013 at 11:10 PM

Burning Hell

Schadenfreude on December 11, 2013 at 11:10 PM

If Axe says anything I will snort or smirk.

SparkPlug on December 11, 2013 at 11:10 PM

Bmore on December 11, 2013 at 11:08 PM

Hello my talented friend. I said hello to you today but don’t recall which fight that was on. Glad to ‘see’ you.

Did you see the pic. I wanted you to save, for your photoshopping dossier?

Schadenfreude on December 11, 2013 at 11:12 PM

Lockstep.

RovesChins on December 11, 2013 at 11:01 PM

Indeed. Forward! (or something)

Corporal Tunnel on December 11, 2013 at 11:09 PM

Do we have to lean?

RovesChins on December 11, 2013 at 11:12 PM

The Tea Party was perfectly fine with these GOP establishment traitors in 2010 when an historic election victory meant they could hold one house in one branch of government. Without the Tea Party, they’d still be Pelosi’s bitches.

Corporal Tunnel on December 11, 2013 at 11:12 PM

The GOP needs to stop pretending that it has any power to force the democrats to compromise. They only pretend to negotiate with the GOP to appear moderate.

Compromise only works if the President cares about minority rights. Obama isn’t, his party doesn’t, and the voters don’t even know there is a constitution – they think we live in a direct democracy and are fine with Obama ruling like a dictator

The GOP needs to end their codependent relationship with this narcissist. Stop all negotiations and compromises and act like an opposition party trying to bring down the government.

kcewa on December 11, 2013 at 11:13 PM

O am re..Stamt up thpugh

Electrongod on December 11, 2013 at 11:13 PM

Do we have to lean?

RovesChins on December 11, 2013 at 11:12 PM

Yeah, right off the edge of a cliff.

Corporal Tunnel on December 11, 2013 at 11:14 PM

Bmore on December 11, 2013 at 11:07 PM

Indeed, Bmore, it is. *sigh*

And you should know that I posted a link regarding Teller getting fired for letting ‘outside conservative groups’ know what the congressmen have been colluding at behind their constituents backs on the “Report: There’s a nasty bit of the budget deal…” thread.

thatsafactjack on December 11, 2013 at 11:14 PM

One more Coldplay … for Barry: Long Live the King.

gh on December 11, 2013 at 11:15 PM

Schadenfreude on December 11, 2013 at 11:12 PM

Good evening, Paladin. :) Wonderful to see you.

thatsafactjack on December 11, 2013 at 11:16 PM

Corporal Tunnel on December 11, 2013 at 11:06 PM

When even Scarborough gets it…

Scarborough on new budget deal: ‘Conservatives are getting ready to get rolled’

MSNBC host Joe Scarborough panned an impending budget deal about to be unveiled by a bipartisan congressional committee, saying fiscal conservatives “are getting ready to get rolled.

Scarborough told a panel on “Morning Joe” Tuesday that a rumored budget agreement reached between Wisconsin Republican Rep. Paul Ryan and Washington Democratic Sen. Patty Murray — the so-called Ryan-Murray plan — will be a bum deal for fiscal conservatives. The agreement reportedly trades real sequester cuts today for promised cuts in the future, a ruse Scarborough says we’ve seen before:

Anti-Control on December 11, 2013 at 11:16 PM

Schadenfreude on December 11, 2013 at 11:12 PM

No I must have missed it. Still covered up but wanted to at least come in and say hi to all and see what was happening. I have mainly just been able to make a quick comment and bail. Feels a little like being a troll I presume. ; ) Is the photo easy to fetch? Where?

Bmore on December 11, 2013 at 11:16 PM

I am spent….

have fun

Electrongod on December 11, 2013 at 11:16 PM

Bmore on December 11, 2013 at 11:07 PM

Indeed, Bmore, it is. *sigh*

thatsafactjack on December 11, 2013 at 11:14 PM

I’m gonna need more caramel popcorn. Lourdes the patron saint of unhinged went baths!t crazy about that link.

RovesChins on December 11, 2013 at 11:17 PM

Great tune,

thatsafactjack on December 11, 2013 at 11:10 PM

Also a really good video. Too bad Axl is really insane.

gh on December 11, 2013 at 11:17 PM

You friggin liar. Do you ever read any thread here, or listen to any conservative talk show, or Cruz, or any of the congressmen?…TV and etc. How can you make such a stupid and untrue claim? See bolded section.

, it’s about time they took some return fire. Good for Boehner. And I don’t want to hear the “conservative groups” whining because their they have butthurt over finally taking some criticism in return. They aren’t helping.

crosspatch on December 11, 2013 at 10:54 PM

Good luck, chump. If Boner and Cantor, your boy Ryan, touch amnesty, mark this down now – Pelosi will get the hammer, and will deserve it in full, in Jan. 2015.

Schadenfreude on December 11, 2013 at 11:17 PM

kcewa on December 11, 2013 at 10:56 PM

So. Who is behind Salem?

gh on December 11, 2013 at 11:00 PM

Mr. Stuart Epperson
Mr. Epperson has been Chairman of the board of the Company since its inception. He is also a director of Salem Communications Holding Corporation, a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Company. Mr. Epperson has been engaged in the ownership and operation of radio stations since 1961. Mr. Epperson has been a member of the board of directors of the National Religious Broadcasters for a number of years and was re-elected to a three (3) year term on that board in February 2013. Mr. Epperson is married to Nancy A. Epperson, who is Mr. Atsinger’s sister.

kcewa on December 11, 2013 at 11:17 PM

RovesChins on December 11, 2013 at 11:17 PM

Yes, but it wasn’t a long or arduous journey, apparently. lol!

thatsafactjack on December 11, 2013 at 11:18 PM

Yuck. This fast-taking, pro-amnesty traitor has all the charm of a seasick crocodile.

bluegill on December 11, 2013 at 11:18 PM

crosspatch on December 11, 2013 at 10:54 PM

Could have sworn the Martian trip was one way, but you’ve obviously made it back.

wolfsDad on December 11, 2013 at 11:18 PM

Out on the lunatice fringe, it is fine for outside groups and dissatisfied Republican conservatives to call Boehner and others every name in the book. No problem.

But let Boehner stomp his foot back atcha, and listen to the wailing!

What a bunch of sissies! You can dish it out, but you take it like little girls.

Adjoran on December 11, 2013 at 11:18 PM

Bmore on December 11, 2013 at 10:52 PM

So you vote with Harry and Nancy and Barack, then?

Lourdes on December 11, 2013 at 11:20 PM

Bmore, the very last one, the one from his back, with the ears big enough to land a helicopter on them.

For better resolution, CNN has it in pic by pic series.

Schadenfreude on December 11, 2013 at 11:20 PM

But let Boehner stomp his foot back atcha, and listen to the wailing!

Adjoran on December 11, 2013 at 11:18 PM

Your friend cross stitch said the same thing above.
Let me see if i can care any more.
Nope. Somebody else can change your diaper.

RovesChins on December 11, 2013 at 11:21 PM

Good Night Electrongod, Sleep Well.

Bmore on December 11, 2013 at 11:22 PM

Boehner is a LOSER

WisCon on December 11, 2013 at 11:22 PM

bluegill on December 11, 2013 at 11:18 PM

Amnesty was George Bush’s Achilles’ Heel, it’s his brother’s, Jeb’s, it will continue to be so for any in the GOP who continue to run after it as if it made any sense to anyone else.

GOP has to cease this amnesty-seeking. It’s the destroyer of election wins, it’s utterly defeatist to this nation’s future (as has been to it’s past).

Lourdes on December 11, 2013 at 11:23 PM

So you vote with Harry and Nancy and Barack, then?

Lourdes on December 11, 2013 at 11:20 PM

No – we don’t vote, or vote for independent, honest and free representatives.

These are mainly harlots from the right, who pull the wool over you, and thugs from the left. At this point, while I will never support anything they say/do, I respect the Ds more. They know what they want, the go for it at all costs and the Rs enable them. I hate the Rs more because they are bigger liars to their voters and they are not much different. They prefer their underling status so long as they keep their butts in DC.

Mostly, I hate that they lie during the elections and then they turn.

———-
Watch Cantor – he’ll go for amnesty. His wife is a flaming leftist.

Schadenfreude on December 11, 2013 at 11:23 PM

Alright! Nuts for my popcorn!

RovesChins on December 11, 2013 at 11:23 PM

Adjoran on December 11, 2013 at 11:18 PM

You forget that Boehner is most definitely not Speaker because there was a huge groundswell of moderate grassroots (like that would happen!) that voted Republicans into the House majority.

INC on December 11, 2013 at 11:24 PM

What was up with the bogus sign language dude at Mandela’s funeral? Is he in trouble for signing gibberish?

OmahaConservative on December 11, 2013 at 11:24 PM

Lourdes on December 11, 2013 at 11:20 PM

Lourdes, don’t start in on that crap with me. I’m in no mood for it.

Bmore on December 11, 2013 at 11:24 PM

Watch Cantor – he’ll go for amnesty. His wife is a flaming leftist.

Schadenfreude on December 11, 2013 at 11:23 PM

Without a doubt. Well said.

thatsafactjack on December 11, 2013 at 11:24 PM

But let Boehner stomp his foot back atcha, and listen to the wailing!

Adjoran on December 11, 2013 at 11:18 PM

When we criticize Boehner , McCain and other sissies, it is because we are concerned about our nation’s security and prosperity.
When Boehner stomps his foot at us, it is because he is concerned about his and Hussein’s lavish lifestyle.

burrata on December 11, 2013 at 11:24 PM

Bmore on December 11, 2013 at 11:05 PM

I’ve been Tweeting (phone calls work better during business hours) my Congressman, my Senator, Senator Mike Lee, Senator Ted Cruz …

Next: A special tweet for “Benedict” Boehner and “Traitor” Ryan!

PolAgnostic on December 11, 2013 at 11:25 PM

RovesChins on December 11, 2013 at 11:23 PM

Good evening, RovesChins. :)

thatsafactjack on December 11, 2013 at 11:25 PM

For better resolution, CNN has it in pic by pic series.

Schadenfreude on December 11, 2013 at 11:20 PM

lol, thank you not much, seen enough from your initial link. Just really special.

arnold ziffel on December 11, 2013 at 11:25 PM