Poll: Tom Cotton up 7 on Mark Pryor in Arkansas

posted at 9:51 pm on December 9, 2013 by Mary Katharine Ham

Kellyanne Conway’s group did the polling. It’s not one of the news group polls, which use a Democratic and Republican pollster together. Can’t make Pryor feel good:

Democratic Sen. Mark Pryor trails his Republican challenger, Rep. Tom Cotton, by seven points among likely voters in Arkansas, 48 percent to 41 percent, according to a new poll from a conservative group that says his support of the health care reform law is costing him.

The survey, shared exclusively with POLITICO, was conducted Friday and Saturday for the Citizens United Political Victory Fund by Republican pollster Kellyanne Conway of the polling company, Inc./WomanTrend.

Now, let’s check out the individual questions:

Cotton is ahead among independents by 21 points and among women by 4 points.

As Politico points out, the last polling on this race showed it virtually tied back when the government was shut down and Obamcare had not yet revealed itself to be, well, Obamcare:

In this latest survey, 62 percent of those polled have an unfavorable view of the health care law — 56 percent strongly so.

“Mark Pryor is synonymous with Obamacare and Obamacare is synonymous with making life worse for the American people,” said David N. Bossie, president of Citizens United. “That’s why Pryor is losing to Cotton in the Arkansas Senate race.”

Comments

Only God can help Pryor now. Oh, God doesn’t like liars? Oh well.

txhsmom on December 9, 2013 at 9:58 PM

Can I break out my surfboard yet?

Robert_Paulson on December 9, 2013 at 9:59 PM

Tom Cotton supports the NSA police/survailance state. I hope he loses.

FloatingRock on December 9, 2013 at 10:01 PM

So does Pryor. I’ll take Cotton’s positive positions on the other 98% of the issues.

Jaibones on December 9, 2013 at 10:09 PM

Tom Cotton supports the NSA police/survailance state. I hope he loses.

FloatingRock on December 9, 2013 at 10:01 PM

So does Mark Pryor and Mark Pryor also supports the entitlement state and all that. Can’t you cut your losses and learn to choose between the lesser of two evils? Gary Johnson can’t run for everything, you know that right?

vegconservative on December 9, 2013 at 10:13 PM

…just one Cotton Picking minute!

KOOLAID2 on December 9, 2013 at 10:17 PM

“…for the Bible tells me so”.

SouthernGent on December 9, 2013 at 10:18 PM

Don’t blow this race.

BuckeyeSam on December 9, 2013 at 10:21 PM

Tom Cotton supports the NSA police/survailance state. I hope he loses.

FloatingRock on December 9, 2013 at 10:01 PM

I’m mostly ok with that. I believe that NSA is a much easier issue to evolve on than say amnesty.

nobar on December 9, 2013 at 10:22 PM

*evolve to the right that is.

nobar on December 9, 2013 at 10:23 PM

Tom Cotton supports the NSA police/survailance state. I hope he loses.

FloatingRock on December 9, 2013 at 10:01 PM

‘Course you do.

thebrokenrattle on December 9, 2013 at 10:25 PM

Tom Cotton supports the NSA police/survailance state. I hope he loses.

FloatingRock on December 9, 2013 at 10:01 PM

Good thing you’re not voting here in AR then.

Charlemagne on December 9, 2013 at 10:26 PM

Tom Cotton supports the NSA police/survailance state. I hope he loses.

FloatingRock on December 9, 2013 at 10:01 PM

Good thing you’re not voting here in AR then.

Charlemagne on December 9, 2013 at 10:27 PM

Can’t you cut your losses and learn to choose between the lesser of two evils?

vegconservative on December 9, 2013 at 10:13 PM

Fascism is not now and has never been a “lesser” evil.

FloatingRock on December 9, 2013 at 10:33 PM

Poll: Tom Cotton up 7 on Mark Pryor in Arkansas

Well, I guess that probably explains that whole “God Is My Co-Pilot” commercial that Pryor released the other day.

Their internal polling is probably even more gruesome, if Pryor already felt compelled to resort to that sort of Bible-thumping pandering.

Hayabusa on December 9, 2013 at 10:42 PM

Jaibones on December 9, 2013 at 10:09 PM

Exactly. Very rarely can I find a candidate for elected office that would agree with me on every issue I find somewhat important. I’m sure I can find other issues of importance where I’d disagree with Tom Cotton. But so what? It seems sort of strange to make NSA the dealbreaker given that we on the right tended to be more supportive of more intense intelligence gather not so longer. I don’t agree with a lot of what I believed back when Bush was office, but I don’t see why I shouldn’t vote for someone of the quality of Tom Cotton just because he holds some views I used to hold but no longer do.

MinnesotaSlinger on December 9, 2013 at 10:42 PM

Fascism is not now and has never been a “lesser” evil.

Alrighty then, either hold your breath and vote for the Fascist or inhale and vote for the Statist. That’s the choice you have. Staying home and not voting doesn’t really work out so well.

LeftCoastRight on December 9, 2013 at 10:44 PM

FloatingRock on December 9, 2013 at 10:33 PM

No wonder your ideology is an extreme minority in the country.

eva3071 on December 9, 2013 at 10:45 PM

Please, PLEASE Tom Cotton: Don’t come up with an Akin Moment.
We’ve had enough unforced errors in the last two election cycles. Let’s make Democrats work for the seats they win, rather than just waiting for stupidity to leap out of the R’s mouth and hand it to them, okay-dokey?

orangemtl on December 9, 2013 at 10:46 PM

LeftCoastRight on December 9, 2013 at 10:44 PM

Fascists are statists too, in case you didn’t know.

FloatingRock on December 9, 2013 at 10:52 PM

No wonder your ideology is an extreme minority in the country.

eva3071 on December 9, 2013 at 10:45 PM

So you’re saying that only an extreme minority cares about NSA fascism and the burgeoning militarized police-state? I think you’re wrong. Perhaps we are a minority, but not by much, IMO.

FloatingRock on December 9, 2013 at 10:54 PM

7 points ?

Why in the blessed hang isn’t it well into the double digits?

listens2glenn on December 9, 2013 at 11:02 PM

orangemtl on December 9, 2013 at 10:46 PM

As someone who worries about the next Todd Akin more than is probably warranted, I feel pretty confident that we won’t have to worry about Tom Cotton. Others, yeah. But I do think Tom Cotton is way too smart to get tripped up that way.

MinnesotaSlinger on December 9, 2013 at 11:04 PM

listens2glenn on December 9, 2013 at 11:02 PM

Because fascism is evil. That’s why it’s only up 7 points against a Marxist piece of crap like Pryor. They both suck!

FloatingRock on December 9, 2013 at 11:05 PM

Oh this is just where it starts. This is Pryor’s high water mark. This is his Gettysburg. He can keep slogging it out for a while longer but the end result is a foregone conclusion.

Texas Zombie on December 9, 2013 at 11:41 PM

Fascists are statists too, in case you didn’t know.

FloatingRock on December 9, 2013 at 10:52 PM

Fair enough. And just to show us that you’re not some crank who is just pissing in the wind for nothing, please cite all of Tom Cotton’s declared or demonstrated “statist” positions. No, not all … just a couple.

Show me that you know something about what you’re saying.

Jaibones on December 9, 2013 at 11:52 PM

Someone affiliated with the Tea Party or conservatives with political experience need to coach this guy to know when the media is trying for a gotcha moment. No more Akin moments.

neyney on December 10, 2013 at 12:30 AM

I don’t know too much about Tom Cotton, but my best guess is that he isn’t perfect, and probably doesn’t agree with my perfectly correct positions on every single issue.

OTOH, I do know that Mark Pryor is Harry Reid’s little beach hoe, and supports Obama 100% of the time.

And unlike some around here, I can figure out that even if Cotton was almost as bad as Pryor, that still makes him better than Pryor. I understand the significance of votes in the Senate for judgeships and treaties, too.

Unlike some.

Adjoran on December 10, 2013 at 1:34 AM

Fascism is not now and has never been a “lesser” evil.

FloatingRock on December 9, 2013 at 10:33 PM

As tyrannical as the NSA abuses have been, nothing about them is remotely as fascist as the wedding of government and the health care industry known as “Obamacare”.

One man stands in favor of that fascist law, one man stands opposed. Not too difficult to see who stands closer to Liberty…

JohnGalt23 on December 10, 2013 at 2:07 AM

if i cant have cake for dinner, dammit, then rather than having steak as my second choice, i will let someone else choose brussels sprouts for me!
and thats why grown-ups run things.

t8stlikchkn on December 10, 2013 at 7:49 AM

FloatingRock on December 9, 2013

…you’re losing… your ‘accent’….

KOOLAID2 on December 10, 2013 at 7:55 AM

You ain’t heard nutin yet. Wait until July when Insurance Company’s announce their premium hikes and employers drop their employees group plans, you are going to see a revolt that you haven’t seen since the civil war. Wait and see.

tmgrant on December 10, 2013 at 8:07 AM

FloatingRock on December 9, 2013 at 10:33 PM

Really? Why do you post here so that these others who seem to be a lot smarter and well informed can beat you like a red-headed stepchild? I would like an answer to this question below, please…

Show me that you know something about what you’re saying.

Jaibones on December 9, 2013 at 11:52 PM

HomeoftheBrave on December 10, 2013 at 8:09 AM

I can hear the Congressional Black Caucus now: “DONT PICK COTTON”

Amadeus on December 10, 2013 at 8:56 AM

Please, PLEASE Tom Cotton: Don’t come up with an Akin Moment.

orangemtl on December 9, 2013 at 10:46 PM

Or a Cuccinelli moment. Don’t go talking about abortion and rape and vaginal probes. Please. If you have to discuss abortion, say you are opposed to infanticide as Gosnell was committing. The reporters are going to try to paint you as a women-hating loon. Don’t let them!

Focus on replacing Obamacare.

talkingpoints on December 10, 2013 at 11:23 AM

Here is a link to Tom Cotton’s campaign website where you can learn more about him.

If you like what you see on his website, help to spread the word about Tom Cotton’s campaign.

I have been very impressed by Tom Cotton when I have seen him interviewed on TV!

wren on December 10, 2013 at 3:56 PM

Focus on replacing Obamacare.

talkingpoints on December 10, 2013 at 11:23 AM

Take a look at Tom Cotton’s campaign website: http://www.tomcotton.com/

His site has a big focus on Obamacare.

wren on December 10, 2013 at 3:59 PM

Unfortunately, the folks on the Right have to own some of the intrusive surveillance issue. Not much, but some. The FISA court is one of those “good ideas” for fighting terrorism that is good only as long as all of the rules are followed. In the hands of Marxists, the rules are never followed, as we’ve seen. The fact that Cotton supports the war on terror isn’t a negative. The fact that he opposes the rest of the Marxist agenda is a massive positive. Curbing illegal searches of private citizen’s daily activities will require a well-prepared Constitutional challenge, and that is out of the hands of folks like Cotton for now.

In the meantime, funding the largest un-Constitutional wealth re-distribution scheme of all time is exactly in the hands of folks like him, and we need him rather than Pryor in that seat.

Pryor’s attempts at religiosity are so transparently disingenuous that it will fail miserably, and he’ll have to revert to the normal leftist playbook, which is also currently failing. That district needs real prayer, not Pryor.

Freelancer on December 11, 2013 at 5:02 AM