Good news: New top Boehner aide well known for … helping John McCain try to pass amnesty

posted at 8:41 pm on December 3, 2013 by Allahpundit

For once, the GOP is united and on a roll politically thanks to President Bumblefark’s endless ObamaCare pratfalls.

Time for Boehner to put a stop to all that.

House Speaker John Boehner has hired a high-profile immigration adviser, his office announced Tuesday, a surprising move that pro-reform and anti-reform advocates alike interpreted as a step toward reform.

Becky Tallent, an immigration policy wonk, is a well-known figure among immigration advocates, having helped spearhead Arizona Republican Sen. John McCain’s efforts to pass comprehensive immigration reform under President George W. Bush. This year, she took a prominent role in the debate as director of immigration policy for the Bipartisan Policy Center, where she organized a team of pro-immigration Republicans and Democrats, including former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, former Mississippi Gov. Haley Barbour, and former Pennsylvania Gov. Ed Rendell in an effort to craft a workable policy proposal…

“I think it’s a clear signal that the speaker is serious about getting this done,” Marshall Fitz, director of immigration policy at the Center for American Progress, told msnbc.

He said two weeks ago that he wasn’t done with immigration reform and he meant it, apparently. Could be, I suppose, that Tallent is being hired as more of a show horse than a work horse for now, to get amnesty fans off his back for a few months while he weighs his next move. (Boehner likes to alternate gestures of support for border hawks with amnesty panders like this.) But Tallent’s been working for immigration reform for a long time; she wouldn’t have taken the job, I assume, if she thought she’d been hired only to provide political cover while Boehner quietly plots out a serious border enforcement measure. The significance of this hire is that he’s finally showing that he really does want to pass something, and sooner rather than later.

Maybe O-Care, ironically, has presented him with an opportunity: The rosier the GOP’s midterm prospects look in the spring, the more he can screw the base with some sort of Democrat-backed immigration measure without fear of too much damage at the polls. Besides, all the action in the midterms will be in the Senate, not the House. There are so few purple House districts left that even a big anti-ObamaCare tide would likely move only a dozen seats or so. The real worry for Dems is that the Senate will flip, and a House bill that’s soft on border security poses no obstacle to that. All Reid needs is five to ten GOPers to make it happen. He’ll get that with room to spare, even with all Republicans whose seats are up next year voting no. Except good ol’ Lindsey Graham, of course.

Here’s O a few weeks ago telling a heckler that he’d “solve” America’s immigration problem himself if he could. Are we sure he can’t? The White House isn’t denying it, and if you’ve already watched the Turley clip tonight, you know not to put anything past The One legally when there’s something to be gained politically by him from acting.

Comments

Boehner

He needs to go…

Electrongod on December 3, 2013 at 8:45 PM

Dear Leader gets more dangerous day by day…
Boehner just cries.

d1carter on December 3, 2013 at 8:46 PM

Dog bites man?

I have to struggle to muster outrage on this one. Boehner is what he is. Repeated reminders don’t really provide much emphasis.

HitNRun on December 3, 2013 at 8:48 PM

Shame on any so-called conservative who supports amnesty (AKA special “pathway to citizenship”) for illegal immigrants.

Mass illegal alien amnesty would be suicide not only for the party, but the nation as well. You can eventually forget about ever again electing a conservative nationwide, if amnesty passes.

Note that establishment darling and Jeb Bush cheerleader Scott Walker supports amnesty. Walker should NOT be considered for nomination.

VIDEO: Scott Walker says “sure” to amnesty

Skip to last seconds of video.

bluegill on December 3, 2013 at 8:48 PM

Its a shame that we, as a country, are reduced to the whims of a few who do things as they desire regardless of what the people want. Now, you may say federalism and all that, but seriously, where does jackass John get the idea that conservatives want comprehensive amnesty?

From his advisors who are largely, if not completely, unaffected by the result of it.

We are such a sad country. There has to be a reckoning.

BobMbx on December 3, 2013 at 8:48 PM

Shut that b!tch up.
91 million out of work.
Shut her up and scream louder that no means no.

RovesChins on December 3, 2013 at 8:49 PM

Coincidentally, I just received this email from Mark Shields, RNC Chief of Staff:

Like you, I’m fed up with Barack Obama and his liberal allies running the White House and Senate.

That’s why the Republican National Committee is laying the groundwork across America to increase our House Majority and win back the Senate.

As we gear up for victory in 2014, conservative leaders from across the country are coming together next week to discuss strategy and tactics.

We are doing the hard work now to identify, engage and turn out voters in every community and every state.

Street by street, state by state, the Republican National Committee is fighting for every vote.

But as we plan for future victories, we must ensure we are ready to win Republican seats and send Democrats packing.

Help equip our party for victory in 2014 — contribute to the RNC today.

Thanks,

Mike Shields
RNC Chief of Staff

My reply:

I’m WAY more fed up with the GOP, Mike. I expected obama to be what he is, but I didn’t expect the GOP to aid and abet him. So I’ll be sending my donation money to conservative candidates individually. The GOP can kiss my American-Irish ass.

Naturally Curly on December 3, 2013 at 8:55 PM

We are such a sad country. There has to be a reckoning.

BobMbx on December 3, 2013 at 8:48 PM

There’s two jackasses named John in this post.
Jackass McCain has been awfully quiet lately, here’s hoping he goes silent forever. But, as soon as they start talking amnesty, he will get back under the table to help move it along.

RovesChins on December 3, 2013 at 8:55 PM

There they go again…the GOP snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

Obama on the ropes with Obamacare, appeasing Iran, and the dismal unemployment, and the Stupid Party hands him a shamnesty lifeline.

Wethal on December 3, 2013 at 8:55 PM

Skip to last seconds of video.

bluegill on December 3, 2013 at 8:48 PM

Pretty weak sauce.

Jaibones on December 3, 2013 at 8:56 PM

Time to rain phone calls down on Boner’s stupid, whiny ass.

Jaibones on December 3, 2013 at 8:57 PM

If the GOP pushes ANY amnesty for ANY illegal they deserve to lose. All they have to do is keep their mouth shut about anything that isn’t Obamacare and they can win it all in 2014. I’ll say it again just so the leaders of the stupid party can hear, if their is ANY amnesty for ANY illegal I’m done with the GOP.

Hera on December 3, 2013 at 8:58 PM

I want to hear about the traitors
every day that way I don’t have to be
reminded of why we need to VOTE
these bastids out . Cantor is next .

Lucano on December 3, 2013 at 9:01 PM

Amnesty must be stopped no matter what.

FloatingRock on December 3, 2013 at 9:02 PM

Going to follow 404care with 404fence

El_Terrible on December 3, 2013 at 9:02 PM

Error 500: E-Verify Has Experienced A Malfunction

E-Verify Servers Down

Error 404: Border Fence Not Found

El_Terrible on December 3, 2013 at 9:04 PM

i read about this earlier and went to the BPC website

bunch of libs and RINOs. Dole, Frist, Lott, Barbour etc etc etc. The basic philosophy is two-fold:

1. don’t rock the boat in the march of history
2. Let’s make at little Money along the way

so immigration is GOOD because it helps the economy. Well, of course this isn’t true per the CBO over the short term. But it is GOOD for making money for Business. the RINO party is basically the Business party

if your goal is to go along and make some $$$$$$$ in the deal the goals are pretty simple.

the Dems do a great job of representing their self-interested groups..and the RINOs do too…it is just that the RINO party represents big businesses making more $$$$$$$$.

the poor saps left out are, well, the conservatives. The housing boom (which the RINO party wants to re-ignite via hispanics) hurt a lot of people.

in the long run the RINO party will fold into the state-run leftist party…center-left / left coalition….basically where we are now. For example..the business community was obviously much less interested in fighting against barry.care than fight For immigration….follow the money

don’t get me wrong..i’m a happy free marketeer…but crony capitalist not so much

r keller on December 3, 2013 at 9:08 PM

Amnesty must be stopped no matter what.
FloatingRock on December 3, 2013 at 9:02 PM

Absolutely true.

This issue is as important as any. Mass illegal alien amnesty would irreversibly change (for the worse) the nation and the electorate, dealing a blow to conservatism that would last for decades.

We have immigration standards for a reason, and we need to enforce them. California is in the state it is because of mass, unchecked illegal immigration. If amnesty passes, Texas can look to California to see what is in store for its own future. It is now nearly impossible to elect a Republican, let alone conservative, statewide in California.

bluegill on December 3, 2013 at 9:09 PM

Bipartisan Policy Center info:

Founded in 2007 by former Senate Majority Leaders Howard Baker, Tom Daschle, Bob Dole and George Mitchell, the Bipartisan Policy Center (BPC) is a non-profit organization that drives principled solutions through rigorous analysis, reasoned negotiation and respectful dialogue. With projects in multiple issue areas, BPC combines politically-balanced policymaking with strong, proactive advocacy and outreach.

I know you can all translate for yourself! Their claims would be highly humorous if they weren’t so flagrantly hypocritical and dangerous.

“Speaker Boehner could not have chosen a better person to help House leadership develop effective immigration reform legislation,” said Haley Barbour, former governor of Mississippi and co-chair of BPC’s Immigration Task Force. “Our work at the Bipartisan Policy Center demonstrates that it’s possible to develop immigration policy that addresses the interests of conservative Republicans, reform advocates and everyone in between. Speaker Boehner’s choice to hire Becky is affirmation of his strong desire to move legislation in 2014.”…

In 2014, BPC’s Immigration Task Force will build on this year’s work by conducting analyses and developing policy recommendations to support congressional action. The task force is co-chaired by Governor Barbour, Secretary Cisneros, former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, and former Governor Ed Rendell.

The delusion and duplicity is strong in this bunch.

INC on December 3, 2013 at 9:11 PM

And I would like to add my very brief remarks … … Senors y Senoritas, Ladies and Gentlemen, Peeps and Peepettes, Rulers and Ruled, the time will soon come when a first world America will outlive its usefulness. Marx, either Groucho or Karl, I can’t remember which, maybe it was both or maybe it was Harpo, once said that America is the opiate of the people. I say that when America outlives its usefulness and becomes a majority Mexican nation , then opium…will be the opiate…Ahh that’s not a bad idea… we are going to need that badly especially when all the booze runs out …

And the completely and totally unbiased and bi-partisan panel, has determined to give the grand prize to Marco Rubio for his EARNESTY’S RAINBOW. Now EARNESTY’S RAINBOW is a token of this man’s genius…he told me so himself and repeatedly … that he could change perceptions by calling his plan for knocking down those pesky borders EARNESTY …in other words, he could have been a little more specific, but rather than allude to an articulation of the mundane, he has come to the conclusion that brevity is the importance of our nation’s shallow and selfish first world existence. God damn!

Marco Rubio’s . EARNESTY’S RAINBOW – is a small contribution to a certain degree, since there are over seven billion people in the world today. 315 of them … million live in the United States which is a very, very small amount compared to those who will be miserable and enslaved and dying elsewhere…Well, I say that you will be on the road to new horizons, for we who live in a society where citizenship is a commodity and a politician can become a TV personality and very wealthy, it’s not easy to conform if you have any morality at all…I, I, I said that myself many years ago…

But I do want to thank la Raza…I mean the RNC … I mean the DNC and it’s subsidiary the RNC, the organization for the $500 in affirmative action latino scholarships they’ve given out…tonight they took in over $5,000,000, but they do have expenses for their brilliant consultants you know, and I think that I have another appointment. I certainly hope so. I would like to stay here, but for the sake of brevity I, I must leave. I do want to thank you, and I want to thank the founding fathers for all the sacrifices they made however much they were in vain but now, most of all, and looking into the failure … I mean the future .. I want to thank Marco Rubio – acting el Presidenta of Juarez la Raza Mexiamerica and Paul Ryan – acting First Lady of Juarez la Raza Mexiamerica and also Mr. Obama – acting Pharaoh and Peeping Tom … I mean Spy Master and Drone Commander of the World – and also I want to thank Professor Irwin Corey and again, thank you. …

RasThavas on December 3, 2013 at 9:12 PM

Just stupid.

Unemployment is up.
A majority of Americans oppose amnesty.
Amnesty isn’t a priority for any voters.
An immigration debate distracts from Obamacare and plays I to Obama’s hands.

If you must do “something” you idiot, at least wait until a GOP Senate can write its own bill.

Charlemagne on December 3, 2013 at 9:13 PM

1986 – “There will be NO more amnesty! We will secure our borders!”

2014 – “Trust us! We know what we’re doing!”

Yeah, right!

GarandFan on December 3, 2013 at 9:16 PM

bluegill on December 3, 2013 at 9:09 PM

Amnesty first, President Elizabeth Warren second, and then we are Venezuela.

thuja on December 3, 2013 at 9:16 PM

I can’t tell you how violently angry this topic, and the behavior of the GOP in pushing amnesty, makes me.

Very little can get me shaking with rage as quickly.

Midas on December 3, 2013 at 9:19 PM

They just don’t know how to win, do they? Alternately, do they even want to win?

SouthernGent on December 3, 2013 at 9:20 PM

This issue is as important as any. Mass illegal alien amnesty would irreversibly change (for the worse) the nation and the electorate, dealing a blow to conservatism that would last for decades *FOREVER*.

bluegill on December 3, 2013 at 9:09 PM

Midas on December 3, 2013 at 9:20 PM

Haley Barbour is like a hooker. Everyone knows he’s for sale; the only question is the price.

bw222 on December 3, 2013 at 9:21 PM

My reply:

Naturally Curly on December 3, 2013 at 8:55 PM

I sent a very similar missive, but included a check for one-cent, yes, a penny. I also didn’t add your last sentence since the only American-Irish ass I ever had was something I should refrain from commenting on in respect and appreciation to this day of the lady. ;-)

TXUS on December 3, 2013 at 9:21 PM

Well who else would you hire to find out how to give a reach-a-round to the new demographic power of thirty million illiterate South American Indians? It’s like, how do you find out about the mysteries of violent Islam? You hire a Muslim who has a cousin that’s knows a terrorist. Same kind of thing. Comprende?

BL@KBIRD on December 3, 2013 at 9:21 PM

The Dirty Little “Secret”:

The reason that politician supporters of “Comprehensive Immigration Reform” want it is so that they and/or their campaign contributors can have serf labor. They would probably prefer actual out-and-out slaves but that is illegal. “Comprehensive Immigration Reform” Democrats, like Obama, also want it so that those who are now illegal can become legal and vote for them, if they aren’t voting for them already.

Does anyone think that any of these “Comprehensive Immigration Reform” politicians actually care one wit otherwise for the illegals. Does anyone think that any of the “Comprehensive Immigration Reform” politicians are going to invite these Mexican Indios and Mezclados to join their elite/exclusive golf clubs? Come to live in their gated communities, other than as servants? Invite them to their yachts, other than as low paid deck hands and/or servants? Invite them to their cocktail parties? Introduce them to their daughters?

The big majority of the Mexicans who have come here/will come here are Indios and Mezclados, not the Spanish descendant fair-skinned ruling class of Mexico. This is a form of ethnic cleansing by Mexico’s ruling class. So these “Comprehensive Immigration Reform” politicians are aiding and abetting and facilitating ethnic cleansing. If the U.N. were not such a joke, they would all be standing trial for trying to reintroduce a form of latter-day-slavery in the United States and for the mass ethnic cleansing of Mexico.

VorDaj on December 3, 2013 at 9:23 PM

Obama isn’t the big story of our time. His depredations may be historic in consequence but they could have and should have been seen coming miles away, and effectively fought by a morally aware and politically courageous republican party. The real story of our time is the convergence of Obama with the most inutile, ignorant, fearful and outright treacherous Republican party I can ever remember.

I’ve come to despise these people in ways I don’t despise even the Left.

rrpjr on December 3, 2013 at 9:23 PM

Charlemagne on December 3, 2013 at 9:13 PM

But amnesty IS a priority with the U.S. Chamber of Commerce.

bw222 on December 3, 2013 at 9:25 PM

Boehner

He needs to go…

Electrongod on December 3, 2013 at 8:45 PM

…without an escort!

KOOLAID2 on December 3, 2013 at 9:25 PM

SOURCES: BOEHNER TELLS TEXAS BUSINESS INTERESTS THAT IMMIGRATION REFORM VOTES WILL BE HELD AFTER FILING DEADLINES HAVE PASSED

Fear of Tea Party challenges has the Speaker holding off for now, sources say

An aggressive timeline for passing comprehensive immigration reform may become a reality based on two significant developments on Capitol Hill.

One of them is that House Speaker John Boehner has hired an Immigration Policy Director who has deep experience in overhaul efforts.

The other is that in recent weeks, various Texas business interests have told Quorum Report that Boehner has been telling them that he will start holding immigration votes not long after the filing deadline has passed. This, of course, runs counter to conventional wisdom that says immigration votes in the House will have to wait until 2014.

Drudge link

Wethal on December 3, 2013 at 9:25 PM

I’ve come to despise these people in ways I don’t despise even the Left.

rrpjr on December 3, 2013 at 9:23 PM

Outstanding post. We know what the left is. We elected republicans to fight the left, not suck them off and eff us. Pardon my crudeness.

arnold ziffel on December 3, 2013 at 9:27 PM

VorDaj on December 3, 2013 at 9:23 PM

Very true. Mexico’s ruling Castilian class wants to shift their uneducated misfits to the U.S., in effect trading places with the United States.

bw222 on December 3, 2013 at 9:28 PM

Wethal on December 3, 2013 at 9:25 PM

Again…our job is to make sure Boehner and his House members all know very clearly what will happen if he pulls such a stunt. It will be the end of House control by the GOP, the end of Boner’s career, and the beginning of the end for America.

Jaibones on December 3, 2013 at 9:33 PM

I’ve come to despise these people in ways I don’t despise even the Left.

rrpjr on December 3, 2013 at 9:23 PM

A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague. – Marcus Tullius Cicero

VorDaj on December 3, 2013 at 9:33 PM

DNC: Snidely Whiplash

GOP: Lucy Van Pelt

BobMbx on December 3, 2013 at 9:35 PM

This reminds me of what I believe is the GOP’s 2-step suicide program:
1. Pass amnesty
2. Nominate Jeb

Bigfoot on December 3, 2013 at 9:37 PM

Boehner has been brainwashed and bought off by Zuckerberg.

Time to “de-friend” Boehner.

redguy on December 3, 2013 at 9:38 PM

Mexico is happy to transfer a large segment of its poor, unskilled population into our country.

Why don’t we enforce our immigration standards? How is this fair to immigrants who follow the rules?

bluegill on December 3, 2013 at 9:47 PM

Heather McDonald take a look at the so-called “natural conservative” illegal immigrants:

bluegill on December 3, 2013 at 10:01 PM

McDonald’s piece talks about Hispanic family values, but the issues she raises also cast doubts on the arguments that we should “legalize illegal immigrants because they will later vote for conservatives.”

bluegill on December 3, 2013 at 10:06 PM

Wethal on December 3, 2013 at 9:25 PM

Every Republican in the House needs a TEA Party challenger so there will be a lot of Republicans scared to vote for amnesty. I hope various TEA Party organizations are working on this.

Wigglesworth on December 3, 2013 at 10:09 PM

bluegill on December 3, 2013 at 9:09 PM

I’d say CA. is in the state it’s in because of socialism not because they are overun by people of a different heritage. Let’s keep perspective lest we come off like racist and nativists.

Our house is extremely filthy with socialists and judges that can’t understand a mandate from government conflicts with the right to life liberty and etc… More human resources are great for a thriving free market economy but, of course we don’t have that. So, yes, stop amnesty for now. get the border under control first. But, it’s unamerican to be against it as such. We need to get our house in order first.

beselfish on December 3, 2013 at 10:11 PM

IF amnesty passes (and I don’t care what they call it) – if we automatically “accept” people who broke the law as citizens – the Rs can kiss the US Senate good bye.

We have a president and attorney general not following the law – why should anyone else? Result, anarchy and it won’t be pretty.

There has to be a middle ground – if American starts a precedence of ignoring the law, it won’t be America much longer.

MN J on December 3, 2013 at 10:16 PM

Since I completely gave up on the GOP in 2012, my life and mental state is much better.

Mr. Arrogant on December 3, 2013 at 10:21 PM

beselfish on December 3, 2013 at 10:11 PM

How disgusting that you would use the leftist “racism” smear against those who believe in enforcing immigration standards. I have lived many years in California, and I have seen how decades of mass, unchecked illegal immigration has destroyed the state.

How dare you suggest that this is about opposing “different heritages.”

Korean immigrants in Irvine, Orange County (to name only one area with many immigrants) have helped make the area the highest-earning city with the highest-achieving schools in the state. The Taiwan immigrants in San Gabriel Valley have created flourishing communities that have lifted the state, not dragged it down. Why? They immigrated legally and met the standards. We should welcome the best in the world, not become a dumping place for another country’s poor and unskilled.

bluegill on December 3, 2013 at 10:25 PM

No one act would benefit socialism in this country more than granting mass amnesty.

Illegal immigrants overwhelmingly see government’s role as taking care of them.

bluegill on December 3, 2013 at 10:31 PM

Hera on December 3, 2013 at 8:58 PM

DITTO.

Lourdes on December 3, 2013 at 10:48 PM

bluegill on December 3, 2013 at 10:01 PM

Those facts exposed by McDonald in that article/your link are ACTUALLY being used to rationalize/”justify” amnesty for illegal aliens by the academic-Sociology people.

The rising illiteracy rates issue, they claim, is reason to amnesty they all and then “educate them” so the USA “can have educated workers”.

Seriously, that’s their argument for amnesty. Rand Institute Sociologists, Brookings, etc., that’s their sales pitch for amnesty: amnesty illegal aliens so US can educate them and have “educated workers” afterward.

Lourdes on December 3, 2013 at 10:57 PM

bluegill on December 3, 2013 at 10:01 PM

Lourdes on December 3, 2013 at 10:57 PM

Here’s one of them making such demands/claims/etc…

…a lot of claims of “helping illiteracy” are behind push for amnesty among such types…

More amnesty = more illegal aliens = more amnesty = increasing illiteracy BECAUSE THE ILLEGAL ALIENS BEAR LARGE NUMBERS OF ILLITERATE CHILDREN (that’s the issue, really — illegal alien females proven to have more illiterate children once in US).

I don’t agree with this, I’m just saying, a lot of the “Sociology” well-funded academics are behind this demand for amnesty. MOre lab rats, I guess.

Lourdes on December 3, 2013 at 11:03 PM

Here’s another one of them…

In The Diversity Paradox, Jennifer Lee and Frank D. Bean take two poles of American collective identity — the legacy of slavery and immigration — and ask if today’s immigrants are destined to become racialized minorities akin to African Americans or if their incorporation into U.S. society will more closely resemble that of their European predecessors.

Re: above quote: gahhh….

Lourdes on December 3, 2013 at 11:07 PM

beselfish on December 3, 2013 at 10:11 PM

The issue is illegal aliens, CRIME, not “immigration”. Immigration is done legally by law-observant persons. Illegal aliens enter or arrive here and then remain without respect or observation of our laws.

No immigrant (one who is legally present in the USA but who is a citizen of another nation and/or a naturalized US citizen), no immigrant needs amnesty.

Amnesty, the issue of amnesty, only applies to illegal aliens. People who have entered the US or have remained here illegally.

Lourdes on December 3, 2013 at 11:22 PM

Lourdes on December 3, 2013 at 11:07 PM

Thank you for sharing. It doesn’t surprise me at all. Nearly everything coming out of Sociology departments is ideology-driven, often race-obsessed “research.” Why do people take them seriously?

Amnesty will only lead to even more illegal immigration.

bluegill on December 3, 2013 at 11:26 PM

Mark this down – you can buy lottery tickets on this – if amnesty passes soon, Pelosi will retake the hammer, for good earned reasons, in Jan. 2015.

Schadenfreude on December 3, 2013 at 11:27 PM

Lourdes on December 3, 2013 at 11:22 PM

Exactly.

bluegill on December 3, 2013 at 11:30 PM

I’ve come to despise these people in ways I don’t despise even the Left.

rrpjr on December 3, 2013 at 9:23 PM

Like I repeat myself, they enable the leftards, and are thus more culpable for all the destruction of the land, to stuff their own pockets.

I am beyond despising them.

Schadenfreude on December 3, 2013 at 11:34 PM

Back-stabbers.

David Blue on December 3, 2013 at 11:36 PM

The Roman Republic became the Roman Empire. Then the empire succumbed to the barbarians crossing its frontier.

Gee, history is repeating itself. I give the United States in its current form another 100 years. Within 200, the US is no more.

islandman78 on December 3, 2013 at 11:46 PM

So they wanna hand Obama a huge second term victory and distraction from Obamacare, huh? Whre do these people come from?

Jack_Burton on December 4, 2013 at 12:12 AM

Dear Leader gets more dangerous day by day…
Boehner just cries.

d1carter on December 3, 2013 at 8:46 PM

Dismissing Boehner as simply an ineffectual crybaby is as wrong-headed as thinking that Barky is a failure. Barky has been wildly successful in his drive to damage (destroy, in fact) the United States, and similarly, you can bet that Boehner is working quite hard (in private) to quash the last bits of American conservative spirit in his quest to maintain the status quo – i.e. single-party governance by (GOPe + Democrat) big government.

bofh on December 4, 2013 at 12:27 AM

Fool. Always a fool.

pat on December 4, 2013 at 1:57 AM

The DEATH TO AMERICA! movement is now coming at the country from both wings.

Time to clip these turkeys and oust them from power.

Replaced by patriots who want the nation to survive.

Amnesty is National Death.

Period.

(And that’s not an Obama “period”, either.)

profitsbeard on December 4, 2013 at 3:31 AM

Wigglesworth on December 3, 2013 at 10:09 PM

Unfortunately you are probably right.

celtic warrior on December 4, 2013 at 5:14 AM

There they go again…the GOP snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

Wethal on December 3, 2013 at 8:55 PM

I’m beginning to think that’s the point, and they have this twisted idea that since the Democrats have nuked themselves with Obamacare, then they can push amnesty through and still come out on top.

DFCtomm on December 4, 2013 at 5:52 AM

No AMnesty JOHN. Or, off with your head.

TX-96 on December 4, 2013 at 6:19 AM

Being from cheese country, I am thrilled with what Gov Walker has done for our state. However, based upon his immigration stance, I would oppose his run for the Presidency. It appears that both he and another badger, Paul Ryan, are willing to dump the good of the country for political advantage.

Couple that with the actions of Boehner and it becomes apparent that the some of the most visable leaders of the GOP are willing to sell this country down the river for a few pieces of silver.

Alferd Packer on December 4, 2013 at 6:33 AM

Alferd Packer on December 4, 2013 at 6:33 AM

What has happened to Ryan?

celtic warrior on December 4, 2013 at 6:46 AM

What has happened to Ryan?

celtic warrior on December 4, 2013 at 6:46 AM

He’s become infected with the Presidential want-to-be disease. It requires that you dump all concerns for your country for want of power.

Alferd Packer on December 4, 2013 at 6:55 AM

GOP

Wino on December 4, 2013 at 7:15 AM

Dead

Wino on December 4, 2013 at 7:15 AM

to

Wino on December 4, 2013 at 7:16 AM

me

Wino on December 4, 2013 at 7:16 AM

Boehner’s thumb has no spine, either.

Sherman1864 on December 4, 2013 at 8:23 AM

The sooner Beohner and McConnell are rooted out of congress, the better off the Republic will be.

ultracon on December 4, 2013 at 9:33 AM

America’s immigration system – the one’s politicians tell us are soooo broken they have to be “reformed” currently allows legal immigration that amounts to 4% of our population per annum. That is higher than any other first world nation…

An immutable fact of America today is that the political elite and their wealthy cronies (the ruling class) *benefit* from illegal immigration.

They, the ruling classs, are cramming “Immigration Reform” down our throats to gain power and money for themselves and to further oppress the American citizenry.

Remember, the term “reform” stated or written by a politician, one of their lackeys, sycophants or cronies means, “screw American citizens to gain more power and money for ourselves”.

DrDeano on December 4, 2013 at 10:57 AM

beselfish

So, you think being overrun by a bunch of folks of different heritage who support socialism has nothing to do with the rise of socialism in the state of California, lol? Perspective indeed.

BTW, a judge has ruled that Obama’s illegal alien Uncle gets to stay. Apparently immigration laws don’t apply if you’re a “kind and decent” illegal.

xblade on December 4, 2013 at 11:33 AM

John Boehner is bound and determined to go into the history books alongside Robert C. Winthrop.

Another Drew on December 4, 2013 at 2:07 PM

“If the Republicans ever want to elect a Republican president again, they’re going to have to get right with the Hispanic and Asian community who, by more than 70 percent, voted for Obama last time,” Reid told the Las Vegas Sun.

By that logic, the more a voting group goes Democrat, the more the GOP should favor it over the white conservative base that provides the GOP with 90% of its votes.

David Blue on December 4, 2013 at 11:52 PM