Quotes of the day

posted at 8:01 pm on December 1, 2013 by Allahpundit

The Obama administration claimed victory Sunday for making HealthCare.gov workable for the vast majority of users, a standard that will be tested as millions of people flood the site in the next three weeks…

The agency that oversees HealthCare.gov said “we believe we have met the goal” of making the system navigable for most people, but cautioned that more fixes lie ahead.

“Dramatic progress has been made,” the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) stated in a report released Sunday morning. “[But] there is more work to be done to continue to improve and enhance the website.”…

Administration officials also acknowledge that some problems with HealthCare.gov have yet to be fixed. The severity of these issues is unknown, but it is possible that some errors have not yet been discovered.

***

The political dangers were clear to everyone in the room [on October 15th]: Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr.; Kathleen Sebelius, the health secretary; Marilyn Tavenner, the Medicare chief; Denis McDonough, the chief of staff; Todd Park, the chief technology officer; and others. For 90 excruciating minutes, a furious and frustrated president peppered his team with questions, drilling into the arcane minutiae of web design as he struggled to understand the scope of a crisis that suddenly threatened his presidency.

“We created this problem we didn’t need to create,” Mr. Obama said, according to one adviser who, like several interviewed, insisted on anonymity to share details of the private session. “And it’s of our own doing, and it’s our most important initiative.”…

Publicly, Mr. Obama had said “interest way exceeded expectations, and that’s the good news.” But in a meeting in Mr. McDonough’s office that first weekend after the start, someone asked the question on everyone’s mind: Should we just take the website down altogether for a time so it can be fixed?

No, Mr. Park said, after consulting with the engineers in Herndon — the website needs to be up to see where the problems are. One senior White House official said they briefly considered scrapping the system altogether. They decided it was fixable.

***

Congressional Democrats sounded an optimistic note Sunday about the Obama administration’s improvements to HealthCare.gov by its self-imposed Nov. 30 deadline. But Republicans offered skepticism about the Web site and, more broadly, President Obama’s signature health-care law…

“You never get a second chance to make a first impression, and the first impression here was terrible,” said Rep. Tom Cole (R-Okla.) on ABCs’ “This Week With George Stephanopoulos.” “And I think it’s going to be an unfolding disaster for the president. There’s going to be some winners, there’s no question about that. But there’s going to be millions of losers, too.”

***

Will anyone be able to tell if the site is really fixed?

That’s the really frustrating part. I’m not sure we will, at least not at first. We do already know it’s working better than it was in October — which, frankly, was a pretty low bar to get over. The administration has all kinds of fancy metrics to show how well the website is working, but we don’t have our own independent access to them.

We do know a big test is likely to come on Monday, when people who have been talking to relatives over the long holiday weekend — or who wake up and suddenly realize it’s December and they want coverage in January — all try to sign on at once.

***

The problems with his health-care law are self-inflicted, and the damage now transcends questions about the law itself. It has infected his presidency more broadly.

He is in too much trouble right now to stand back and try to fully grasp what caused the health-care legislation — this grand vision — to be introduced with so many problems that even his most loyal supporters are clearly dismayed. What could he have done to prevent them? Did he, as his conservative critics contend, put too much faith in ambitious designs and the government’s ability to carry them out?

When they finally appear, the reports on how the administration used the three years since the measure’s passage will probably be damning on multiple levels. Complex law commingled with the bureaucratic politics of government regulation and the pure politics of trying to mollify many interest groups…

Maybe natural forces will turn things back in his direction, but that’s not a good bet, especially for a president who spent a session with historians talking about how to create a legacy. Can he take steps to force a turnaround and produce the results he imagined a year ago? That’s the issue for Obama now.

***

David Plouffe, former top adviser to President Obama, said on Sunday that the health care law will improve with age and that it may take years for the law to work at its best.

“It may take until 2017,” he said on ABC’s “This Week.” “It will work really well then.”

Plouffe said that in a few years, when more governors set up state exchanges and expand Medicare, the law will improve and people will regain faith in Obamacare.

***

***

Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

***

Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Ill cook and take care of the dogs…
sounds good to me!
And a nip of WT with TXUS. ;)

bazil9 on December 1, 2013 at 11:49 PM

Now, now, we don’t discriminate against people of Japanese descent down here. We’re an equal opportunity freak parade.

TXUS on December 1, 2013 at 11:57 PM

The Lying Nozzle of America strikes again.

Mason on December 1, 2013 at 11:59 PM

Hah, A-C

Schadenfreude on December 1, 2013 at 11:42 PM

lol

It’s almost like he’s trying to amuse us. Did you ever see this one…what was he thinking? (I thought I might be looking at the black Alfred E. Neuman…)

Narcissist in chief strikes again on 50th anniversary of JFK’s death

Oh wait, this gets even better…I grabbed that Rosa Park story from the The DC. I went to Twitchy to get the JFK one, and then noticed this: ‘Smugness nirvana attained’: @BarackObama’s Rosa Parks anniversary tribute photo features you-know-who Within it, they mentioned that Choomie tweeted the same pic last year! Narcissist in chief: President Obama honors Rosa Parks anniversary with picture of himself

ROFL!!!

Anti-Control on December 1, 2013 at 11:59 PM

Riders on the Range

Scrumpy on December 1, 2013 at 11:59 PM

German Sheppards… *Sigh*

Fritz. Best I ever had. He was smart. Ate all the trim off the walls and an entire couch while teething,, but it was worth it.

wolly4321 on December 2, 2013 at 12:00 AM

ROFL!!!

Anti-Control on December 2, 2013 at 12:01 AM

My Heroes have always been Cowboys

Scrumpy on December 2, 2013 at 12:02 AM

Riders on the Range

Scrumpy on December 1, 2013 at 11:59 PM

Now you’re gettin’ the idea of Rancho TXUS.

TXUS on December 2, 2013 at 12:02 AM

My Heroes have always been Cowboys

Scrumpy on December 2, 2013 at 12:02 AM

Even better.

TXUS on December 2, 2013 at 12:03 AM

She thinks my tracors sexy ;)

Scrumpy on December 2, 2013 at 12:04 AM

Redneck Women

Scrumpy on December 2, 2013 at 12:05 AM

TXUS on December 1, 2013 at 11:31 PM

I bet they are impressive! I would love to see them! By balance I meant strength, intelligence, and devotion.

KCB on December 2, 2013 at 12:06 AM

Boot Scootin’ Boogie

Scrumpy on December 2, 2013 at 12:07 AM

God Blessed Texas!

Scrumpy on December 2, 2013 at 12:08 AM

God Blessed Texas!

Scrumpy on December 2, 2013 at 12:08 AM

Yes he has!

KCB on December 2, 2013 at 12:09 AM

KCB on December 2, 2013 at 12:09 AM

He sure did!! :)

Scrumpy on December 2, 2013 at 12:12 AM

Anti-Control on December 2, 2013 at 12:01 AM

He’s the shame of the land. The land is punished with him.

All self-made.

Schadenfreude on December 2, 2013 at 12:14 AM

Anti-Control on December 2, 2013 at 12:01 AM

Oboobma is a pompous narcissistic a-hole. Period!

Scrumpy on December 2, 2013 at 12:15 AM

Hi Scrump! B9, My shepherd says hi!

KCB on December 2, 2013 at 12:16 AM

KCB on December 2, 2013 at 12:16 AM

Hi Ken and I say Hi! to your shepherd :)

( is his tale wagging? ) ;)

Scrumpy on December 2, 2013 at 12:17 AM

B9, My shepherd says hi!

KCB on December 2, 2013 at 12:16 AM

Give him a big treat from b9.
and I kiss ;)

bazil9 on December 2, 2013 at 12:19 AM

Scrumpy on December 2, 2013 at 12:17 AM

Chasing squirrels in his sleep.

KCB on December 2, 2013 at 12:19 AM

bazil9 on December 2, 2013 at 12:19 AM

Will do! Got anything for me?

KCB on December 2, 2013 at 12:20 AM

Will do! Got anything for me?

KCB on December 2, 2013 at 12:20 AM

Muah!

bazil9 on December 2, 2013 at 12:20 AM

Hiring someone with the right mindset don’t seem a mistake.

You shouldn’t discount resolve.

I’m smart. But I’m not cheap.

wolly4321 on December 2, 2013 at 12:21 AM

bazil9 on December 2, 2013 at 12:20 AM

Back at ya!

KCB on December 2, 2013 at 12:23 AM

How fitting for this rat-eared fraud to have himself photo’d in anything representative of the civil rights struggle. First, neither of his parents, real or alleged, nor he, had any connection with that struggle.

Second, the bastard (and I mean that technically) grew up in Hawai’i and Indonesia and long after those struggles were fought. Last I checked, those places were a long way from where Miss Rosa and Dr. King and everyone else were fighting the fight.

Choomie wants his say about this!

The Obama Myth: Factual Discrepancies to the Selma Claim

Black voters are crucial for both front-runners as their campaigns calculate the math that will lead to their nominations. The fierce competition between the two was not only evident in their presence this weekend, but in the the steps they took to connect with the crowds.

Raised in Illinois and representing New York, Clinton effected a sporadic but curious Southern drawl in her speech. “I” became “Ahhh,” “far” morphed into “fahhhr,” and “mayor” suddenly sounded like “mare.”

And how about Obama? Well, he credited the “Bloody Sunday” civil rights marchers of 1965 with the fact that his parents — a black African father and white Kansas mother — were empowered to fall in love and got married.

“They looked at each other and they decided, ‘We know that in the world, as it has been, it might not be possible for us to get together and have a child, but something is stirring across the country because of what happened in Selma, Ala., because some folks are willing to march across the bridge.’ And so they got together and Barack Obama Jr. was born. So don’t tell me I don’t have a claim on Selma, Ala.!”

Obama was born in 1961; the Selma march was four years later. Obama said later that he meant to credit the entire civil rights movement with his parents’ union, not just the Bloody Sunday marchers.

Third, there is and was far more racial discrimination in Chicago than ever existed in the South during the 50s and 60s, and certainly today.

If we wants to do a photo-op about real suffering among blacks, he should bring the cameras into the morgues in Chicago where more blacks are murdered in a single year than were killed in the several years of the civil rights movement.

TXUS on December 1, 2013 at 11:48 PM

Samuel L. Jackson disses Obama’s pronunciation: “Be f*cking Presidential … stop trying to ‘relate’”

Samuel L. Jackson has some words of wisdom for President Obama when it comes to his deliberate dropping of “g’s” off the ends of words to seemingly sound like Joe Average.

“First of all, we know it ain’t because of his blackness, so I say stop trying to ‘relate.’ Be a leader. Be f*cking presidential,” Jackson told Playboy magazine. “Look, I grew up in a society where I could say ‘It ain’t’ or ‘What it be’ to my friends. But when I’m out presenting myself to the world as me, who graduated from college, who had family what cared about me, who has a well-read background, I f*cking conjugate.”

Anti-Control on December 2, 2013 at 12:26 AM

KCB on December 2, 2013 at 12:06 AM

Incredible dogs, these. While the bird dogs and cow dogs certainly are smart, well trained, and loyal, and have their own specialties, the Sheps when trained right and for their natural defensive tendencies are unmatched.

The way mine were trained, you can trust them around any child whatsoever, and they’re like puppies, just playing. But if they come upon an adult who they don’t know is okay, specifically one that I have not introduced them to as being okay, bad news.

Also, and this is something the Israeli’s teach them, if I’ve allowed someone in my presence but something somehow goes south, there’s a simple generic attack word (that can even be whispered) and that person will probably not live to tell about it. Likewise, there’s a simple safe word that I can say and they immediately step down. Finally, they will not eat anything offered to them by anyone but me or the approved staff, no matter how hungry they are. This keeps perps from throwing down ground beef or other food to get their minds away from their job, protection.

Friends and pets and killing machines, all in one. Majestic to watch them, actually.

TXUS on December 2, 2013 at 12:29 AM

TXUS on December 2, 2013 at 12:29 AM

Amazing sounding animals, dogs are the most loyal, I have encountered German trained dogs, but yours sound like they went even further in their training, I would feel safe around them, so long as you were there.

Do they pick up on a nervous person and act differently?

Scrumpy on December 2, 2013 at 12:32 AM

Hmmmm, the Gulch seems to be missing? Anyone been there today?

Scrumpy on December 2, 2013 at 12:34 AM

I’d probably drive there for an interview.

Long drive.

wolly4321 on December 2, 2013 at 12:35 AM

TXUS on December 2, 2013 at 12:29 AM

Sounds like you are very well protected.

KCB on December 2, 2013 at 12:37 AM

He’s the shame of the land. The land is punished with him.

All self-made.

Schadenfreude on December 2, 2013 at 12:14 AM

Judy Collins on The Muppet Show – “Send in the clowns 0bamas

Don’t bother
They’re here

Anti-Control on December 2, 2013 at 12:38 AM

Hmmmm, the Gulch seems to be missing? Anyone been there today?

Scrumpy on December 2, 2013 at 12:34 AM

It’s there, but it’s having probs with some browsers…I can get in on IE8 just fine, but Google Chrome and the newest version of Firefox are struggling – I think it has to do with the high page count, and how browsers handle the load…

Anti-Control on December 2, 2013 at 12:43 AM

Anti-Control on December 2, 2013 at 12:43 AM

Thank you! I have IE 9 and it’s not working

Scrumpy on December 2, 2013 at 12:50 AM

Do they pick up on a nervous person and act differently?

Scrumpy on December 2, 2013 at 12:32 AM

No, Angel, they somehow know that most people who are new to them will feel nervous or anxious, so it’s not a trigger. They do perceive, and it’s genetic, a threatening presence, I can’t explain it. Also, the way my Sheps have been trained is that once I’ve “okayed” someone around them, then that person is treated like me, and everything’s cool.

TXUS on December 2, 2013 at 12:50 AM

He’s the shame of the land. The land is punished with him.

All self-made.

Schadenfreude on December 2, 2013 at 12:14 AM

There is scripture somewhere that refers to the destruction of the land because of the iniquity of the people. When 50 million people vote TWICE for a liar…..the land, the economy, suffers.

Dear Lord, how in goodness name are we going to survive the rule of wicked people?

csdeven on December 2, 2013 at 12:50 AM

TXUS on December 2, 2013 at 12:50 AM

I am glad to know that you have them well in hand, met some ‘trained’ dogs that made me extremely nervous, and I generally am not, it was the way they watched me, and were not that friendly, I would keep my distance and did not look them in the eye.

Thanks!

Scrumpy on December 2, 2013 at 12:52 AM

csdeven on December 2, 2013 at 12:50 AM

We will have to look out for each other and stay ‘under the radar’ as best we can…

I see no other way, if it goes that way, we obey the law, that’s all we will have.

Scrumpy on December 2, 2013 at 12:54 AM

They do perceive, and it’s genetic, a threatening presence, I can’t explain it.

I have experienced this as well. Amazing animals.

KCB on December 2, 2013 at 12:57 AM

Hey, Scrumpy and B9…..heydie!

williamg on December 2, 2013 at 12:57 AM

williamg on December 2, 2013 at 12:54 AM

Hiya wg! :)

Scrumpy on December 2, 2013 at 1:00 AM

williamg on December 2, 2013 at 12:54 AM

Lol, that was my Aunts dogs, friendly as all get up, but try to leave without her letting them know you could, they guarded the exits, and lay there looking docile, but touch that door knob and they sat up at attention and watched your every move…

Scrumpy on December 2, 2013 at 1:02 AM

Thank you! I have IE 9 and it’s not working

Scrumpy on December 2, 2013 at 12:50 AM

It works even on the newest FF and Chrome for me, but takes many refreshes sometimes…

Anti-Control on December 2, 2013 at 1:03 AM

Scrumpy on December 2, 2013 at 12:52 AM

Those dogs may not have been “trained” like these. Once mine know you’re an “okay”, they are happy to roll up next to the fireplace and sleep, could care less. Of course, they also know that outside the house are their buddies who are on duty for the night, protecting all within. It’s really something to watch.

TXUS on December 2, 2013 at 1:03 AM

Beatle Barkers – “I Want to Hold Your Hand”

Anti-Control on December 2, 2013 at 1:04 AM

Anti-Control on December 2, 2013 at 1:03 AM

Thanks, but don’t like either of those, FF gave me bad viruses and Chrome, well it’s Google lol… like it matters I guess, we are being ‘watched’ in every way imaginable anyhoo…

Scrumpy on December 2, 2013 at 1:07 AM

TXUS on December 2, 2013 at 1:03 AM

And to think that you would need to protect you and yours so much, sign of the times, and this time desperately needs changing.

Scrumpy on December 2, 2013 at 1:08 AM

Time to boogie :)

God Bless and Good Night folks!~!

See you on the flip side :)

Scrumpy on December 2, 2013 at 1:15 AM

I know the subject is sensitive in nature, but the stats concerning certain breeds of dogs who bite is indisputable. The common response from owners of these dogs is always the same. They insist their dog is better trained, would never harm anyone, is gentle as a kitten, etc. Until the dog attacks another dog, person, or child. Then the response is that that the animal never showed any aggressive tendencies. My neighbor has a pit mix and my wife refuses to be outside ( and does not allow our special needs grand child outside either) when the dog is. My neighbor is somewhat critical and has insisted that children, animals, etc are safe around her dog. This back and forth friendly banter has been going on for a few years. Well, on the first of November, her dog jumped her fence and attacked the neighbors dog. And guess what her response to my wife was? Yep! “She has never been aggressive EVER.

Well, that doesn’t sew up wounds or belay the fears of the neighbors that they cannot leave their children outside in their own back yard when the pit is outside.

The fact is that ALL dogs descend from the wolf. All the instincts from wolves can be found in all dogs. When a pack of wolves attacks another dog or animal, the spot they attack is the hind leg. This disables the animal and allows for an easy kill. Watch dogs play and they go for the hind leg.

In conclusion, dogs that have been bred to attack, will attack. Not all, but the stats show that the tendency is to attack. And no one can know which dog and when it will attack. And when it does happen, watch for the excuses.

I don’t mean to single anyone out here. So please take no offense.

csdeven on December 2, 2013 at 1:18 AM

I don’t mean to single anyone out here. So please take no offense.

csdeven on December 2, 2013 at 1:18 AM

How does one “breed a dog to attack”?

KCB on December 2, 2013 at 1:23 AM

Scrumpy on December 2, 2013 at 1:08 AM

I understand what you’re saying, but in the world I live in, there’s always been a need for a higher level of security/protection anyway, we’ve just gotten smatter and better about it. Who knows, it might help in what’s likely coming down the line. I hope it doesn’t reach that point, of course. But this cowboy is ready for the storm.

TXUS on December 2, 2013 at 1:23 AM

Scrumpy on December 2, 2013 at 12:54 AM

I know that for good people, living under tyranny is preferable to living under anarchy. Good people have a line they will not cross. As we have seen, there are people, like Obama, that have no conscience to constrain them. Under tyranny there is at least a system of control which needs a system of law, controlled by the government, which keeps the masses safe enough to do all the work, which benefits the rulers.

I agree, we all need to identify those who are good people and bond together “under the radar” until such time that we can bring the government back under our control.

csdeven on December 2, 2013 at 1:25 AM

How does one “breed a dog to attack”?

KCB on December 2, 2013 at 1:23 AM

Breeders look for the tendencies of aggression in a certain pup/dog and breed it with other dogs with the same tendencies. Then it is just a matter of training it to attack on the desired triggers. In my view it was animal abuse.

csdeven on December 2, 2013 at 1:33 AM

TXUS on December 2, 2013 at 1:23 AM

That is scary as he11! But if the founders could hack it, we certainly can too. And I’m ready to defend me and mine. Since it is me and the wife now, the concern for the protection of the kids is not in play. She feels as I do…when our form of government is no longer willing to protect us, I’ll destroy my food storage before I let them take it. And if I don’t have a chance to do that, they can have our stuff when they pry it from our cold, dead hands.

csdeven on December 2, 2013 at 1:42 AM

Suddenly, Plouffe sounds like Hitler in Der Untergang (Downfall):

Adolf – “Mit dem Angriff Steiners wird das alles in Ordnung kommen.”

Andere: “Mein Führer…Steiner…”

“Steiner konnte nicht genügend Kräfte für einen Angriff…”

Adolf: “Steiner’s assault will bring it under control.”

Others: “My Fuhrer,”

“Steiner… Steiner could not mobilize enough men.”

Difficultas_Est_Imperium on December 2, 2013 at 1:43 AM

Scrumpy on December 2, 2013 at 1:07 AM

To each their own, but the way I see it, it can’t hurt to have numerous browsers…I don’t like Google Chrome much, but I still keep a copy around, and turn off automatic updating on it & all Google products. FF is at least as safe as other browsers, and is the most serious one when it comes to privacy (I myself don’t worry about online privacy a whole lot, but I still block cookies & ads as much as I can…)

I tried the Gulch again, and was told for a few minutes that the thread couldn’t be found in the database! It might be time to consider launching a “new” Gulch in different old thread…

Anti-Control on December 2, 2013 at 1:43 AM

csdeven on December 2, 2013 at 1:42 AM

The concern for the protection of your kids is not in play? For me, that is the only thing in play, the rest secondary bullsh!t. Did you really mean that?

TXUS on December 2, 2013 at 1:49 AM

TXUS on December 2, 2013 at 1:49 AM

They are grown and have their own families to protect. Two are military. One works the oil fields in North Dakota and the last is a teacher. I’m in no position to help them.

csdeven on December 2, 2013 at 1:55 AM

Insurers Claim Health Website Is Still Flawed

The problem is that so-called back end systems, which are supposed to deliver consumer information to insurers, still have not been fixed. And with coverage for many people scheduled to begin in just 30 days, insurers are worried the repairs may not be completed in time.

“Until the enrollment process is working from end to end, many consumers will not be able to enroll in coverage,” said Karen M. Ignagni, president of America’s Health Insurance Plans, a trade group.

The issues are vexing and complex. Some insurers say they have been deluged with phone calls from people who believe they have signed up for a particular health plan, only to find that the company has no record of the enrollment. Others say information they received about new enrollees was inaccurate or incomplete, so they had to track down additional data — a laborious task that would not be feasible if data is missing for tens of thousands of consumers.

In still other cases, insurers said, they have not been told how much of a customer’s premium will be subsidized by the government, so they do not know how much to charge the policyholder.

In trying to fix HealthCare.gov, President Obama has given top priority to the needs of consumers, assuming that arrangements with insurers could be worked out later.

kcewa on December 2, 2013 at 2:23 AM

Scrumpy on December 2, 2013 at 1:07 AM

Anti-Control on December 2, 2013 at 1:43 AM

Ever try Comodo “Dragon”, in place of Chrome?

It’s a rip-off of Chrome, but from what I can tell, it’s without any of the “Google” non-sense.

Can’t stick around for your response ….. wife’s dragging me to bed.

See y’all later.

listens2glenn on December 2, 2013 at 2:34 AM

Ever try Comodo “Dragon”, in place of Chrome?

Can’t stick around for your response ….. wife’s dragging me to bed.

See y’all later.

listens2glenn on December 2, 2013 at 2:34 AM

See ya, hope you slept well.

Thanks for the tip. I have heard about it, this too: Comodo’s IceDragon: A faster, more secure version of Firefox

I never had the interest to look into either (don’t use Google Chrome that much, for one reason,) but the more choices, the better! :)

Devo – “Freedom of Choice”

Use your freedom of choice
I say it again, in the land of the free
Use your freedom of choice

Anti-Control on December 2, 2013 at 3:31 AM

I got used to Firefox after finding out how clunky IE was. Just haven’t found a reason to change.

csdeven on December 2, 2013 at 3:57 AM

so msdnc is up in arms because ofn rosa parks but seems to have no problems with the vile tripe that libs post as can be seen on twitchy.com

msdnc claiming victory for obama and healthcare.gov…good lapdogs

cmsinaz on December 2, 2013 at 5:30 AM

so obama was hoping for 80% working and they are claiming 90% working…its all good

lets pivot to immigration

cmsinaz on December 2, 2013 at 5:31 AM

Problems that were overshadowed by the website’s early failures will loom much larger.

For example:

For people whose insurance expires at the end of the year, the deadline for signing up for a policy that goes into effect Jan. 1 is Dec. 23, just three weeks away. Until now, website problems have been mostly annoying and inconvenient. Not having insurance coverage on Jan. 1 could produce real harm.
Insurance companies complain — and the administration admits — that prioritizing website fixes for consumers meant paying less attention to the back end of the system. There is a disturbingly high error rate in the information HealthCare.gov sends insurers about which customers have signed up for which policies. Worse, the administration told Congress two weeks ago that as much as 40% of the system hadn’t even been built yet, including accounting and payment systems.
Obama has already had hellish problems after promising that if people liked their insurance, they could keep it. There could be a similar battle brewing over his pledge that people could keep their doctors, because insurers are shrinking doctor and hospital networks to cut costs.
These are only some of the potential challenges, and the almost incomprehensible mismanagement exposed by the website fiasco does not inspire confidence, particularly with political support eroding, an election less than a year away and Republicans doing everything they can to pour sand in the gears.

kcewa on December 2, 2013 at 5:50 AM

kcewa on December 2, 2013 at 5:50 AM

and the dems think all will be well once the website is up and running…
delusional

cmsinaz on December 2, 2013 at 6:01 AM

I went to the 40th Turkey Rod Run at the Daytona Speedway this weekend and my favorite car had the best bumper sticker.

Cindy Munford on December 2, 2013 at 6:05 AM

These are only some of the potential challenges…

kcewa on December 2, 2013 at 5:50 AM

could produce real harm”? “could be a similar battle brewing…” haha wow, some people are going to be in for a real shock!

Many people are already p!ssed, wait for the upcoming panic that Democrat/ChoomCare is solely responsible…

Anti-Control on December 2, 2013 at 6:39 AM

Good Morning, Patriots! And, Trolls.

My take: “Organizers Announce Fast Food Wages Protest in 100 Cities This Thursday”

“A Big Mac? That will be $10, please.”

kingsjester on December 2, 2013 at 6:46 AM

Cindy Munford on December 2, 2013 at 6:05 AM

LOL now that is funny :)

cmsinaz on December 2, 2013 at 6:49 AM

csdeven on December 2, 2013 at 3:57 AM

I’m an FF fan all the way…its designers, many of whom came in from the wretched Google, fully intend to visually turn it in to a barely reconfigurable Chrome clone with the Australis interface, but I believe the user backlash will be too great – they’ve already had to modify some of their plans with for that very reason…

Anti-Control on December 2, 2013 at 6:49 AM

kingsjester on December 2, 2013 at 6:46 AM

great take KJ

going to stick with chik-fil-a :)

cmsinaz on December 2, 2013 at 6:52 AM

and the dems think all will be well once the website is up and running…

cmsinaz on December 2, 2013 at 6:01 AM

Don’t you dare go and convince them otherwise! This is exactly where I want them to be.

And, BTW, it is time to call time of death for the healthcare.gov website. How’s this for a comparison- Today, Cyber Monday, Amazon’s website will be logging hundreds (if not thousands) of purchases a minute. Customers will have a way to actually pay for what they have purchased. Not true with the 50% of Healthcare.gov dealing with paying insurers.

Happy Nomad on December 2, 2013 at 6:52 AM

cmsinaz on December 2, 2013 at 6:52 AM

Thank you, ma’am!

kingsjester on December 2, 2013 at 6:55 AM

Happy Nomad on December 2, 2013 at 6:52 AM

they wouldn’t listen anyway, they are SOOOO in their bubble

Ain’t it amazing, mr cmsinaz has been living on amazon today to catch some of those deals

cmsinaz on December 2, 2013 at 6:55 AM

“Organizers Announce Fast Food Wages Protest in 100 Cities This Thursday”

“A Big Mac? That will be $10, please.”

kingsjester on December 2, 2013 at 6:46 AM

They’re pushing a “regional” increase in the minimum wage here in DC. This of course means Suburban Maryland and the District are about to push minimum wage up to about $11/hour. Virginia isn’t participating for a couple reasons- the most important one being that Richmond not local jursidictions are the only entities that could do it.

Well, at $11/hour that means a full-time employee of a fast food place is making around $22K a year for unskilled labor. Seriously, is pushing the button that lowers a basketful of frozen potatoes into hot oil really worth $22K/year? These organizers are gunning to make unskilled labor into a career option.

Happy Nomad on December 2, 2013 at 7:00 AM

Happy Nomad on December 2, 2013 at 6:52 AM

From another thread:

Plouffe: ObamaCare is going to be awesome… by 2017

I think the president’s numbers will recover. I think people’s confidence will recover.”

“I think people trust this president,” Plouffe added. “I think there have been numbers all over the place, but I’m confident in a few months from now, those trust numbers are going to come up.”

Don’t stop believing, Plouffe! ROFL!

Anti-Control on December 2, 2013 at 7:00 AM

Heh AC

Another delusional idiot

cmsinaz on December 2, 2013 at 7:07 AM

right on cue, ed rendell, after viewing yesterdays Metro North disaster, takes the oppurtunity to ask for more spending. millions of jobs and money to rebuild infrastructure.

MORE MONEY!!!!!

renalin on December 2, 2013 at 7:10 AM

Don’t stop believing, Plouffe! ROFL!

Anti-Control on December 2, 2013 at 7:00 AM

Perfect anthem song for this administration.

Happy Nomad on December 2, 2013 at 7:18 AM

BTW, now that we’ve had success with Healthcare.gov, one issue that IMO has gotten short shrift is this whole subsidies through the federal exchanges. This is apt to be SCOTUS bound and important with the feds running most of the exchanges.

Happy Nomad on December 2, 2013 at 7:20 AM

Renalin

But of course

Shaking the head

cmsinaz on December 2, 2013 at 7:26 AM

La Hood following rendall

We need to invest on more infrastructure

More money!!!!!!!

cmsinaz on December 2, 2013 at 7:29 AM

funny how the libs talk about “washington” yet the name barack hussein obama has yet to be mentioned.

renalin on December 2, 2013 at 7:34 AM

Heh AC

Another delusional idiot

cmsinaz on December 2, 2013 at 7:07 AM

I agree that it’s funny, but no doubt it’d be a lot funnier if lunatics like Plouffe didn’t have their political power. :/

We are surrounded by idiot voters…

Perfect anthem song for this administration.

Happy Nomad on December 2, 2013 at 7:18 AM

Happy Nomad on December 2, 2013 at 7:20 AM

There are at least 4 lawsuits against Democrat/ChoomCare pending, 2 of which, including the one you mention, look to me to be slam-dunks (not familiar with the other 2 to have an opinion…)

Anti-Control on December 2, 2013 at 7:35 AM

Happy Nomad on December 2, 2013 at 7:00 AM

They’re pushing to be replaced with machines

kcewa on December 2, 2013 at 8:04 AM

They’re pushing to be replaced with machines

kcewa on December 2, 2013 at 8:04 AM

I wonder if the SEIU understands that machines don’t join unions.

Happy Nomad on December 2, 2013 at 8:16 AM

‘suddenly threatened his presidency’! Is this what they’re worried about? There are millions of people losing their insurance and many won’t be able to afford the wonderfulness that is Ocare for coverage. People are going to die because of this glitchy mess dear leader has created, and foisted on the American people. He owns this an all the lies used to get it accepted and passed.

Kissmygrits on December 2, 2013 at 9:03 AM

Anti-Control on December 2, 2013 at 6:49 AM

Well, if they do ruin it, perhaps some group of free thinking folks will create something that will replace it.

csdeven on December 2, 2013 at 10:10 AM

“We created this problem we didn’t need to create,” Mr. Obama said

Obamacare in a nutshell.

The whole thing is a problem we didn’t need created.

ITguy on December 2, 2013 at 10:14 AM

When we get a new President who signs the law to repeal Obamacare.

Steve Z on December 2, 2013 at 10:34 AM

“This is the equivalent of having a great item that you want to buy in the store but not being able to get though the front door,” Sen. Robert Menendez (D-N.J.) said on CBS’s “Face The Nation.” “It sounds like the front door has been opened successfully now.”…

The Administration crashed a bus through the storefront and wounded customers, and they wonder why business is bad. But the front “door” is open.

Steve Z on December 2, 2013 at 10:40 AM