Plouffe: ObamaCare is going to be awesome… by 2017

posted at 6:31 pm on December 1, 2013 by Erika Johnsen

America can hardly wait, I’m sure. Starting around the 4:20 mark:

“This program was designed to be implemented by the states. And in most of the states that are running their exchanges it’s going quite well,” Plouffe told ABC’s George Stephanopoulos. “You talked about Medicaid expansion. I think it’s just a fact, and it may take until 2017 when this president leaves office, you’re going to see almost every state in this country running their own exchanges eventually and expanding Medicaid. And I think it’ll work really well then.” …

“Let’s fast forward to the State of the Union and the months after that. Health care working better, a lot of people signing up, the economy continuing to strengthen, hopefully no Washington shutdowns,” Plouffe said. “I think the president’s numbers will recover. I think people’s confidence will recover.”

“I think people trust this president,” Plouffe added. “I think there have been numbers all over the place, but I’m confident in a few months from now, those trust numbers are going to come up.”

My, what an adroitly combined set of talking points he’s got there! ObamaCare will be running still more smoothly in the new year, the economy will still be sluggishly crawling out of The Longest Recovery Of Recorded Time, and with any luck, those dastardly, spitefully obstructionist Republicans won’t have triggered any more of those oh-so-loathsome federal shutdowns. Heck, by 2017, even those stubbornly red states will want to get on board with the rampant success of it all, and will have decided to launch their own exchanges as well as expand the expensive, largely ineffective, unmitigated disaster that Medicaid is on its merry way to becoming, yeehaw! …Although somebody should probably alert the Democrats currently turning tail from the president’s signature legislative achievement, no?

Comments

the economy continuing to strengthen

Plouffe’s Obamacare must include medical crack…

dpduq on December 1, 2013 at 6:34 PM

This is how you know *they know* it’s failing. Otherwise they wouldn’t try to blame the (R)s.

rogerb on December 1, 2013 at 6:36 PM

In the year 2525
If man is still alive
If woman can surive…

OBAMACARE WILL BE AWESOME!!!!!

Kraken on December 1, 2013 at 6:37 PM

Oh brother (rolls eyes).

esr1951 on December 1, 2013 at 6:37 PM

Is that David Plouffe or a young Steve Buscemi?

vegconservative on December 1, 2013 at 6:40 PM

Memo to Erika Johnsen: Sarcasm is not wit.

Emperor Norton on December 1, 2013 at 6:40 PM

Well, he’s clearly incorrect because Obama is never leaving office. He’s the king.

Philly on December 1, 2013 at 6:40 PM

Memo to Erika Johnsen: Sarcasm is not wit.

Emperor Norton on December 1, 2013 at 6:40 PM

Sure it is. If this wasn’t so pitiful, I’d be laughing my a$$ off…

Kraken on December 1, 2013 at 6:42 PM

“It was always our goal to be able to provide healthcare to 80% of the 5% who couldn’t get it before — but only a 10% chance of that.”

RoadRunner on December 1, 2013 at 6:42 PM

When Obama’s work is finally done, we’ll all be poor enough to qualify for Medicaid.
Great goal, Goebbels.

AllahsNippleHair on December 1, 2013 at 6:45 PM

…what a complete…asshole!

KOOLAID2 on December 1, 2013 at 6:47 PM

No offense, Emperor, but I thought it was pretty good.

Oh, and get cracking on getting rid of the Rodeo Clown please.
You’re an emperor for crying out loud.

justltl on December 1, 2013 at 6:48 PM

I seriously doubt that the law in its current form will be around by then. Either the Democrats will vote with the GOP to repeal it or Obama transforms it with his illegal decrees into something else entirely.

joekenha on December 1, 2013 at 6:48 PM

….what a complete assole!

KOOLAID2 on December 1, 2013 at 6:48 PM

. . . And I think this jerk is absolutely insane.

rplat on December 1, 2013 at 6:48 PM

Talk about moving the goal posts.

By 2017, anyone who doesn’t agree that ObamaCare is teh awesomest will be declared to have a mental illness and fit for a psychiatric hospital. Or else they just don’t understand its awesomeness and will need to go to an education camp.

rbj on December 1, 2013 at 6:48 PM

Just hold on until Obama finishes his term.

NeoKong on December 1, 2013 at 6:51 PM

Fluff mades a major fail in logic. A fact has to be verifiable/provable as true or false. A future event cannot be a fact.

Fluff is expressing an opinion about a future event, and so far that opinion has no facts to support its assertion.

onlineanalyst on December 1, 2013 at 6:52 PM

…will he be liable?

KOOLAID2 on December 1, 2013 at 6:53 PM

Delusion is a great thing when the enemy is wallowing in it.

Forward.

MisterElephant on December 1, 2013 at 6:54 PM

Who would have thought that BHO, of all people, would destroy Medicaid???

MikeinPRCA on December 1, 2013 at 6:54 PM

Uh, made or makes. I was getting ahead of myself.

onlineanalyst on December 1, 2013 at 6:56 PM

All one knew was that every quarter astronomical numbers of boots were produced on paper, while perhaps half the population of Oceania went barefoot. And so it was with every class of recorded fact, great or small. Everything faded away into a shadow-world in which, finally, even the date of the year had become uncertain.

George Orwell – 1984

wytshus on December 1, 2013 at 6:57 PM

I’ll be an awesome boyfriend, starting in 2017.

myiq2xu on December 1, 2013 at 6:58 PM

Well with the current track record on fixing the website, that should be about when it will be totally glitch free!

fbcmusicman on December 1, 2013 at 6:59 PM

Delusion is a great thing when the enemy is wallowing in it.

Forward.

MisterElephant on December 1, 2013 at 6:54 PM

Lean forward.
Grab your ankles.
Obama’s coming.

AllahsNippleHair on December 1, 2013 at 7:00 PM

The zombie talking point- People just need a few more years to see what a wonderful thing Obamacare is.

They said it when some vague set of benefits kicked in immediately.

They said it when they explained why everything was supposed to be up and running just ahead by the 2014 mid-terms.

And now they’re moving the goal down the road until 2017? I guess so, like Clinton and welfare reform, they can make this into a legacy achievement.

Happy Nomad on December 1, 2013 at 7:04 PM

“I think people trust this president,” Plouffe added

Evidently Plouffe has been hitting the bong before going on-air.

GarandFan on December 1, 2013 at 7:08 PM

What an absolute moron!

ultracon on December 1, 2013 at 7:08 PM

Barry has a horde of lying zombies to spread his delirium throughout the Republic. Truth is…. nobody believes you anymore, Barry!

joe btfsplk on December 1, 2013 at 7:10 PM

Sarcasm is not wit.

Emperor Norton on December 1, 2013 at 6:40 PM

Complete dork alert.

John the Libertarian on December 1, 2013 at 7:10 PM

Great. Then get back to me in 2017 and try to convince me to sign up then… Mmmkay?

wolly4321 on December 1, 2013 at 7:14 PM

I can’t help but notice that Plouffe does not look well. The ugly within was bound to seep through the surface eventually.

Naturally Curly on December 1, 2013 at 7:16 PM

Sarcasm is not wit. Emperor Norton on December.. today

Neither is unwarranted criticism.

wolly4321 on December 1, 2013 at 7:17 PM

What an absolute moron!

ultracon on December 1, 2013 at 7:08 PM

You might want to be a bit more specific. Absolute moron in relation to anybody associated with or supporting this administration is a bit generic (and a given).

Happy Nomad on December 1, 2013 at 7:18 PM

I trust him like a cow pie….to be slippery and stinky!!!

tim c on December 1, 2013 at 7:26 PM

Okay whatever you say

gophergirl on December 1, 2013 at 7:30 PM

Plouffe needs to wipe his chin; got some Obamaschmutz on there.

Midas on December 1, 2013 at 7:30 PM

i see the leftist nut-bags over at yahoo! have deigned a bizzare ABC blog hit job on Mitt Romney’s son to be News!

you see, sure he save 4 lives..but he seems to be proud of it…damn Mormon! Of course, dear leader, little barry is filled with self-pride and enmity for those who dissent…but those damn conservatives

r keller on December 1, 2013 at 7:31 PM

David Plouffe Obama. ABC is the American Barack Channel if they continue to employ him.

22044 on December 1, 2013 at 7:31 PM

“I think people trust this president,” Plouffe added.

Delusional. They’re all a bunch of kooks in the White House.

NavyMustang on December 1, 2013 at 7:31 PM

Memo to Erika Johnsen: Sarcasm is not wit.

Emperor Norton on December 1, 2013 at 6:40 PM

Objection overruled.

Midas on December 1, 2013 at 7:32 PM

Eff off, fluffy biatch!

ladyingray on December 1, 2013 at 7:33 PM

To be fair to the moron, a sufficient number of people trusted him – twice. And they are still hanging around, like a nasty smell.

OldEnglish on December 1, 2013 at 7:34 PM

Evidently Plouffe has been hitting the bong before going on-air.

GarandFan on December 1, 2013 at 7:08 PM

Well, painted wings and giant rings make way for other toys.

Flange on December 1, 2013 at 7:35 PM

r keller on December 1, 2013 at 7:31 PM

For a liberal, it’s a painful realization that they just aren’t that tough. Cowering in your studio across the street with your California Red in one hand screeching OMG on your iPhone is about as brave as they get.
Good on Romney’s son. Fukc the haters.

AllahsNippleHair on December 1, 2013 at 7:42 PM

hello, mcfly?

cmsinaz on December 1, 2013 at 7:46 PM

“It profiteth a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world – but for Obama, Mr. Plouffe…?”

PackerBronco on December 1, 2013 at 7:48 PM

Medicaid. Yeah. Right. I want to be on Medicaid. Pfft. What a jerk.

Kevin R on December 1, 2013 at 7:49 PM

I finally decided to try MissionAccomplished.gov.

Got stuck in an endless loop taking me from the front page to the login page.
Hit the chat button.

This is what the chat window said:

[7:47:03 pm]: Thanks for contacting Health Insurance Marketplace Live Chat. Please wait while we connect you to someone who can help.
[7:47:05 pm]: Please be patient while we’re helping other people.
[7:48:42 pm]: Please be patient while we’re helping other people.
[7:50:06 pm]: Please be patient while we’re helping other people.

Maybe I’ll leave the chat window open for a while.

22044 on December 1, 2013 at 7:51 PM

Dave’s Not Here.

Del Dolemonte on December 1, 2013 at 7:53 PM

Obama should be jailed for this alone.

justltl on December 1, 2013 at 7:54 PM

Memo to Erika Johnsen: Sarcasm is not wit.

Emperor Norton on December 1, 2013 at 6:40 PM

Erika, you just keep on writing just the way you do. You’re damned good and I enjoy your contributions.

The Emperor has no class.

turfmann on December 1, 2013 at 7:56 PM

I’ve been using websites for 17 years. Websites that were built back then work better than this one.

22044 on December 1, 2013 at 7:57 PM

ZOOMING into the 20th century!

hillsoftx on December 1, 2013 at 8:02 PM

Given the debacle the Healthcare.gov website has been, I think this quote from HAL in 2001: A Space Odyssey is apt……

HAL: Dave, stop. Stop, will you? Stop, Dave. Will you stop Dave? Stop, Dave.

Happy Nomad on December 1, 2013 at 8:04 PM

Emperor Norton on December 1, 2013 at 6:40 PM

Leave Erika alone, you stinky nutbag.

MisterElephant on December 1, 2013 at 8:05 PM

A liberal that I frequently argue with actually said in his argument for this pile, “I don’t see what the problem is, I mean in ten or fifteen years this will be just about perfect!” Illustrating that there are some levels of idiocy that just can’t be reached. It also proves my theory that the difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has it’s limits.

ghostwalker1 on December 1, 2013 at 8:08 PM

CNN: Obamacare Website Crashes Again After Triumphant Relaunch

22044 on December 1, 2013 at 7:40 PM

Crashes? Nonsense, Obamacare not performing exactly like suspected is nothing more than succeeding in a different way. /

Happy Nomad on December 1, 2013 at 8:09 PM

Erica- keep it up! You’re easily my favorite with an easily recognized style and punch.

Scotsman on December 1, 2013 at 8:10 PM

ghostwalker1 on December 1, 2013 at 8:08 PM

It also affirms the dangers of eating lead paint as a child.

Happy Nomad on December 1, 2013 at 8:11 PM

I D I O T

TX-96 on December 1, 2013 at 8:44 PM

They care not about the costs or the pain. Remember Cash for Car Companies…I mean Cash for Clunkers? That cost the tax payer over 20k per car. They’ll screw us left and right for their ends.

CWchangedhisNicagain on December 1, 2013 at 8:47 PM

“I think people trust this president,” Plouffe added.

Fluffy please.

*wipes tear of laughter*

shades_of_gasden on December 1, 2013 at 8:49 PM

Barry BAMSTAHHHHH!!!!!!!! YOU DA MANNN BAMMMMY BABBBBYY !!!! LOVE YA BARRY OL BUDDY OL PALLLL!!!!!!!!!!!! YAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
joe bk on D1, 2013 at 7M

cableguy615 on December 1, 2013 at 8:50 PM

I finally decided to try MissionAccomplished.gov.

Got stuck in an endless loop taking me from the front page to the login page.
Hit the chat button.

This is what the chat window said:

[7:47:05 pm]: Please be patient while we’re helping other people.
[7:48:42 pm]: Please be patient while we’re helping other people.
[7:50:06 pm]: Please be patient while we’re helping other people.

Maybe I’ll leave the chat window open for a while.

22044 on December 1, 2013 at 7:51 PM

We’ll check back in a week or so to see how you’re doing. You have enough food?

kim roy on December 1, 2013 at 8:50 PM

Delta male.

Lanceman on December 1, 2013 at 8:55 PM

If you like your spin doctor you can keep your spin doctor.

fogw on December 1, 2013 at 9:04 PM

We’ll check back in a week or so to see how you’re doing. You have enough food?

kim roy on December 1, 2013 at 8:50 PM

Heh. :)

22044 on December 1, 2013 at 9:07 PM

Isn’t plouffe something you wash yourself with?

Vince on December 1, 2013 at 9:14 PM

“I think people trust this president.”

Only if they are demented.

VorDaj on December 1, 2013 at 9:23 PM

“I am sorry David Plouffe, I’m not going to be put into a situation based on the sorry-assed assurances you have given me”

You’ll have to eat your own farts

J_Crater on December 1, 2013 at 9:35 PM

ghostwalker1 on December 1, 2013 at 8:08 PM

It also affirms the dangers of eating lead paint as a child.

Happy Nomad on December 1, 2013 at 8:11 PM

How come only liberal children eat lead paint?

MikeinPRCA on December 1, 2013 at 9:37 PM

It amazes that so called educated folk utter such total and utter NONSENSE. Expecting the somewhat educated to believe them in toto.
I suppose they expect the Manure Spreading Media will remain viable during the 2014 elections and that the voters will believe all the total irresponsible Bull-Shiite that eminates from this TOTALLY CORRUPT administration.

If only the LIVeral’s would START THINKING FOR THEMSELVES.

Missilengr on December 1, 2013 at 10:19 PM

Plouffe is overlooking the multitued of citizens who are LOOSING TOTALLY their long earned HEALTH CARE INSURANCE in the next THIRTY DAYS!
What say you DAVID? You phucking MORON? Can they wait FIVE YEARS on HOPE and CHANGE and more than a few prayers?

Jeezus, the Lame Stream Media has become worse than Izvestia and Pravda COMBINED!

Missilengr on December 1, 2013 at 10:25 PM

Isn’t plouffe something you wash yourself with?

Vince on December 1, 2013 at 9:14 PM

…I think…it’s a vaginal douche!

KOOLAID2 on December 1, 2013 at 10:29 PM

Isn’t plouffe something you wash yourself with?

Vince on December 1, 2013 at 9:14 PM

…I think it’s a douche.

KOOLAID2 on December 1, 2013 at 10:51 PM

“I think people trust this president,” Plouffe added

Evidently Plouffe has been hitting the bong before going on-air.

GarandFan on December 1, 2013 at 7:08 PM

…umm.. Please don’t insult those of us who smoke, by insinuating that *any* of us would be as stupid as this braying jackass.

Never in my wildest, Pink Floyd-driven, Tommy Chong-level high…have I ever even imagined something as stupid as plouffe’s statement here.

and this includes a delusion about self-replicating chocolate fudge Pop Tarts, and me playing center for the Avalanche.

a5minmajor on December 1, 2013 at 11:23 PM

2017! What a year it’s gonna be!

Flying cars, spandex moonsuits, sexbots, and a functioning Obamacare!

Huzzah! The Eschaton shall be Achieved!

(Being government-issued, though, the sexbots will all look like Janet Napolitano… tano…. tano…)

profitsbeard on December 1, 2013 at 11:37 PM

We haven’t seen [delusional] talking points like that since the days of Khrushchev in the Kremlin…

…what’s for next week? Announcing that 2+2=5?

But actually, he thought as he readjusted the Ministry of Plenty’s figures, it was not even forgery. It was merely the substitution of one piece of nonsense for another. Most of the material that you were dealing with had no connection with anything in the real world, not even the kind of connection that is contained in a direct lie. Statistics were just as much a fantasy in their original version as in their rectified version. A great deal of time you were expected to make them up out of your head.

Athos on December 2, 2013 at 12:27 AM

Poof poof piffles
Make me small as sniffles…

Dhuka on December 2, 2013 at 12:34 AM

I think what I wrote about Plouffe earlier was too mean for HA to publish.

But I doubt many HAers would be greatly upset by it:)

Sherman1864 on December 2, 2013 at 2:26 AM

Midas on December 1, 2013 at 7:30 PM

Extremely poignant.

Probably a ‘thread winner’
But there are many ‘close seconds’

BigSven on December 2, 2013 at 5:31 AM

And if it doesn’t work by then, well, this interview will be long forgotten, won’t it?…

Pest on December 2, 2013 at 7:10 AM

The biggest problem facing us is finding the disability that will allow us draw a living wage from health care; drugs, alcohol, cancer, education, too many babies, obesity, and having your twenty seventh birthday.

mixplix on December 2, 2013 at 7:22 AM

I wish Plouffe had explained what he sees happening when those millions of new Medicaid sign-ups find out that there are no decent doctors willing to give them an appointment, since taking on a new Medicaid patient is basically an act of charity for doctors now. The government reimburses doctors far less than the actual cost of providing care for Medicaid patients, so the only doctors willing to take on new Medicaid patients are quacks and frauds. In fact, the situation with current Medicaid patients is so bad that multiple studies have shown that a patient has a likelihood of a better medical outcome if they have no medical insurance at all, as opposed to having Medicaid.

Does Plouffe really think low-income people are going to be satisfied with such a sub-standard level of care, after having heard for years now that Obamacare is going to give them “free” medical care? Or is he just assuming that, after years of frustration with the government’s blatant ineptitude, people will be so beaten down and conditioned to accept failure that they won’t even notice?

AZCoyote on December 2, 2013 at 7:27 AM

And remember Botox Pelosi and Mayonaise Head Shultz said the imbeciles will run on Obamacare and take back the House and pick up more seats in the Senate. Somebody please tell me where do they find these Idiots? That’s a mystery to me.

tmgrant on December 2, 2013 at 7:53 AM

..Does Plouffe really think low-income people are going to be satisfied with such a sub-standard level of care..??
AZCoyote on December 2, 2013 at 7:27 AM

Of course they will…everyone in my trailer park still uses a 17″/19″ black/white analog TV with rabbit ears….but everyone has a TV !!

…just like everyone will have medical care with ObamaCare.

The “poor” downtrod victims of society are fully happy with their B/W TVs …and they will be happy and content with a low-rung subsidized ObamaCare package and wont ask for a penny more

BigSven on December 2, 2013 at 7:57 AM

“I think people trust this president,” Plouffe added.

Well, there’s your problem.

FineasFinn on December 2, 2013 at 8:48 AM

If we get enough states to sign on to legalizing pot, everybody’s problems will be solved. No one will notice the gotv has confiscated all their money for redistribution, the economy has crashed, they don’t have a job, they don’t have a granny, and there are soldiers with strange uniforms walking the streets. This would work a lot better and sooner than what Poofhead is spinning.

Kissmygrits on December 2, 2013 at 8:51 AM

Evidently Plouffe has been hitting the bong before going on-air.

GarandFan on December 1, 2013 at 7:08 PM

So have those people who actually do trust him……..

GWB on December 2, 2013 at 9:36 AM

So it’s not totally awesome three years after its passage, but it will be four more years from now (during Hillary’s reign)? Well, OK.

As far as low income people being happy with substandard care, you can forget about that. Anyone who has ever spent a day in medicine can tell you that medicaid patients are the most demanding, litigenous group there is.

NoPain on December 2, 2013 at 4:12 PM