Obama letter to conservative: I’ve been quite respectful of you tea-baggers

posted at 8:01 pm on November 27, 2013 by Mary Katharine Ham

A Texas teacher sent a letter to President Obama about his opposition to Obamacare and got a hand-written letter in return.

Thomas J. Ritter wrote to the president ­expressing his dismay over the Affordable Health Care Act, and was surprised to get a response penned by Obama on official White House ­stationery.

Ritter, a fifth-grade teacher at Sally B. Elliott ­Elementary in Irving, Texas, had written to the president: “This bill has caused such a ­divisive, derisive and toxic environment . . . The reality is that any citizen that disagrees with your ­administration is targeted and ridiculed.”

Ritter continued: “I hesitated to write for fear of some kind of retribution . . . I watched you make fun of tea baggers and your press secretary make fun of Ms. [Sarah] Palin which was especially beneath the dignity of the White House . . . Do the right thing not the political thing. Suggest a bill that Americans can support.”

All right, so it’s important to note Ritter uses the term “tea-bagger” first, a common term used by the Left to ridicule Tea Partiers, but here’s Obama’s response:

‘I… appreciate your concern about the toxic political environment right now. I do have to challenge you, though, on the notion that any citizen that disagrees with me has been “targeted and ridiculed” or that I have “made fun” of tea-baggers.’

A couple options, here. Obama carelessly used “tea-baggers” after reading it in Ritter’s letter and meant to use Tea Partiers. Obama deliberately used the term “tea-bagger” to annoy Ritter, in which case it was quite a lot of effort to sit down and give a “tea-bagger” the honor of a letter from the President of the United States. Or, and this is my theory, Obama is so thoroughly surrounded by people who refer to Tea Partiers as “tea-baggers” nonchalantly that it slipped out without him even thinking about it. And, finally, no matter what the reason, the letter’s certainly emblematic of Obama’s utter inability to actually appeal to people who disagree with him despite fancying himself quite the bridge-builder.

The President of the United States, allegedly one of the smartest people to grace our country, sat down to write a hand-written letter to a political dissenter and used the most charged, rude, dirty term possible while claiming he’d never do anything but treat this “tea-bagger” with the utmost respect. His own lofty self-concept survives contact with all conflicting facts, even when they come from his own pen.

On the upside, “tea-bagger” has now been used by a president on presidential stationery. You’re welcome, George Washington. Love, 2013.

The New York Post uploaded the letter, which is now up for auction by Ritter, who was unconvinced by the president’s respectful appeal.

Ritter, 49, is putting the letter up for auction through the Web site momentsintime.com for a reserve price of $24,000. Ritter said, “I am selling the letter because I am just so disappointed, and this ObamaCare bill is wrong. The president told me what he thought I wanted to hear. The letter is just words on a paper. It doesn’t mean anything to me because Obama doesn’t mean any of it.”

President Obama's response

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

And how do you spell self-aggrandizing, egotistical, narcissistic, self-serving, arrogant JACKASS?

clippermiami on November 27, 2013 at 8:05 PM

One might conclude that Mr. Obama had a preexisting familiarity with the term if the rumors from Chicago are true.

Mason on November 27, 2013 at 8:05 PM

Sums up the juvenile delinquent’s (currently in our WH) state of mind very well.

He’s not well psychologically. I’ve long maintained that he isn’t and Obama continues to prove that he isn’t a well person.

Lourdes on November 27, 2013 at 8:06 PM

clippermiami on November 27, 2013 at 8:05 PM

O-B-A-M-A.

There how’d I do?

Oldnuke on November 27, 2013 at 8:09 PM

The “hand written letter” ALSO proves Obama’s need to humiliate, “harm,” those who he feels are “attacking” him with so little as a complaint about language, some sort of difference and identifying difference. These things seem to be perceived by Obama as drastic deeds that he must (“PERSONALLY” — hand-written letter on Presidential stationary at that) denounce or issue harms as to the “attacker.”

It’s very, very petty and very disturbed behavior by Obama. And it appears in his deeds and acts daily, big and small. But the “hand-written” nature of this response by Obama is quite revealing about his mind: he’s literally reaching across any distance to “show up and bully” the complainer.

Lourdes on November 27, 2013 at 8:09 PM

And once again it isn’t about the law. It is about the lazy stupid shiftless rat-eared coward.

Happy Nomad on November 27, 2013 at 8:09 PM

(Waves & jumps up and down)!!

Is there a handwriting expert in da HA house!!

I would love to know what a handwriting expert has to say about his writing style!!

Scrumpy on November 27, 2013 at 8:09 PM

We start with George Washington and end up with Barack freakin’ Obama.

If the Founders and the American people who gave so much to win the revolucion knew we would end up with this dog eating fool in charge, I wonder if they would have continued or called the whole thing off.

Bishop on November 27, 2013 at 8:10 PM

Dear Pres. O’hole,

Pardon my Marine speak,,,

“Go Take a Ff’k at a Rolling Doughnut.”

Yours true,

Vietnam Vet, Ted Cruz buddy, and your worst nightmares are still to come.

APACHEWHOKNOWS on November 27, 2013 at 8:12 PM

Yes, but more. He thinks it. I’m not sure he used the term in his several-hour meeting with the director of political affairs of the IRS in March 2010 the day before he launched his fascist bureaucratic assault on the Tea Party, but he certainly thought it.

rrpjr on November 27, 2013 at 8:13 PM

Mason on November 27, 2013 at 8:05 PM

Heh. Obama probably knows a lot about real tea bagging.

TarheelBen on November 27, 2013 at 8:14 PM

“or those who routinely call me ‘socialist’ or worse”.

Worse? Is being called a socialist a bad thing for lefties, I thought socialism was something grand that a society should strive for.

Bishop on November 27, 2013 at 8:14 PM

What a complete and utter moronic moron this man is….

Scrumpy on November 27, 2013 at 8:14 PM

Obama is complaining that people are calling him “socialist” or worse?

Boo freakin’ hoo. Those calling him socialist are merely telling the truth.

Steve Z on November 27, 2013 at 8:16 PM

Bishop on November 27, 2013 at 8:10 PM

Oh! They would have continued but they would have made impeachment a hell of a lot easier.

Happy Nomad on November 27, 2013 at 8:17 PM

Is there a handwriting expert in da HA house!!

Scrumpy on November 27, 2013 at 8:09 PM

I would love to know what one would make of his signature. There’s no overweening ego there, is there?

onlineanalyst on November 27, 2013 at 8:17 PM

It doesn’t mean anything to me because Obama doesn’t mean any of it.”

Obviously there was one teensy bit he meant.

rogerb on November 27, 2013 at 8:18 PM

of some note:

“I”
“I”
“I”
“I”
“I”
“I”
“I”
“I”

‘s

And one huge “I” with the big O hole in his signature.

The man is a sick puppy. Loves himself. That is all.

APACHEWHOKNOWS on November 27, 2013 at 8:18 PM

onlineanalyst on November 27, 2013 at 8:17 PM

Heck if I know, I am not an expert, weird looking tho innit, yeah!

Scrumpy on November 27, 2013 at 8:19 PM

Boo freakin’ hoo. Those calling him socialist are merely telling the truth.

Steve Z on November 27, 2013 at 8:16 PM

I call him a whole lot worse in MY house!! Lol :)

Scrumpy on November 27, 2013 at 8:20 PM

APACHEWHOKNOWS on November 27, 2013 at 8:18 PM

I like your take on his signature! :)

Scrumpy on November 27, 2013 at 8:20 PM

Obama is quite able to use quotation marks to emphasize those terms used to describe other people as a way of citation.

He does not do so with tea-bagger.

That is not a slip-up on his part but intentional.

The POTUS is trying to go after a 5th grader.

Good job, Mr. President!

Can stealing candy from babies be far behind?

ajacksonian on November 27, 2013 at 8:21 PM

What a maroon!

Dhuka on November 27, 2013 at 8:21 PM

Abe Lincoln used to refer to Southerners as “salad tossers” so there’s some precedent here.

Cicero43 on November 27, 2013 at 8:22 PM

OT: Wow. O’Reilly just stated on his show that the “economy collapsed in 2008 because George W. Bush let the banks run wild and they turned into gangsters.” The man is clueless and couldn’t be more wrong in what happened. I would challenge him to name ONE instance that Bush de-regulated the financial sector. Bush did try to rein in what Fannie and Freddie were doing, but he was blocked by Democrats in congress.

TarheelBen on November 27, 2013 at 8:22 PM

Scrumpy on November 27, 2013 at 8:09 PM

He uses a lot of quotes.

“targeted and ridiculed”
“made fun of” (tea baggers)
“socialist”
“political thing”

It’s really insulting because it essentially mocks Mr. Ritter’s letter.

Happy Nomad on November 27, 2013 at 8:22 PM

This President is truly beneath contempt. That he would have no problem using such a rude and offensive term is telling. For the record I recall an article several years ago at Politico in which this President also used “tea-bagger” in a meeting so I don’t think this was an accident.

Hera on November 27, 2013 at 8:22 PM

ajacksonian on November 27, 2013 at 8:21 PM

he is a pariah on this nation.

he is a septic boil on America.

WE need to ‘lance’ him, and PDQ!

Scrumpy on November 27, 2013 at 8:23 PM

Hera on November 27, 2013 at 8:22 PM

Most assuredly, this was no accident.

He is petulant and tyrannical.

He thinks his shite don’t stink, well Oboobma, I got news for you, yes it does and SO DO YOU!!

Scrumpy on November 27, 2013 at 8:24 PM

What a prick. He feels the needs to challenge this person because he doesn’t like conservatives. Guess what Barry, you’re a confirmed liar, no one cares what you say, your word is worthless.

Flange on November 27, 2013 at 8:25 PM

Happy Nomad on November 27, 2013 at 8:22 PM

Oh yes indeed, that is plainly obvious.

I want to know what the way he crosses his t’s means etc…

Scrumpy on November 27, 2013 at 8:26 PM

Mr. Ritter lives in Dallas County here in Texas.

The county government has gone full nut job commie thug “John Wiley Price” (FBI found $500,000.00 cash in his house, a Rolls Royce in his garage ( salvage title) is the leader of the Commissioners Court.

This because the Bushlite Republicans got lazy and let the county go via doing nothing but giving Karl Rove money to waste.

A thug atty local Royce West is a State Senator and on the take total.

The Dallas School Board is a loon operation with the last two or three affirmative action Superintendents with jail time.

Ritter will have to leave the state, he is cooked with the teacher union commie thugs.

Brave man, bet he never thought he would end up riding a “Obama made rail out of Texas”.

APACHEWHOKNOWS on November 27, 2013 at 8:26 PM

“Dear Holder of Incorrect Thoughts:

I never insulted any of you people.
Some of my best friends are racist, slack jawed right wing teabaggers.

Regards,
Barack Obama,
Preezy of the United Squeezy”

Very presidential. We are so VERY lucky to have Dear Leader, is it not so, Comrades?

orangemtl on November 27, 2013 at 8:28 PM

APACHEWHOKNOWS on November 27, 2013 at 8:26 PM

Poor man, but at least he can hold him self upright…

Scrumpy on November 27, 2013 at 8:29 PM

Scrumpy on November 27, 2013 at 8:23 PM

He is the face and embodiment of all that is Leftism.

America will now get to see in a very real way just how vile it is.

It is not pleasant, it is not fun, but is necessary.

Only Nixon could go to China.

Only Obama can destroy the underpinnings of Leftism.

Every regulation, every action, every golf swing and every time he goes without a script, we get to see exactly how the Leftists view the rest of the people of this Nation. By the time he is done there will be no trust in government and a willingness to pull it apart and down to its barest of bones so that it can do only a very few things. There will be kicking and screaming, yes. I am sad that Americans were not wiser, but wisdom only comes by experience and we are about to get the experience of a lifetime… of a generation… perhaps of nearly 120 years. And we shall relearn, once more, that government while a necessary evil is an evil, just the same.

ajacksonian on November 27, 2013 at 8:29 PM

Bill O’Reilly is the lead enabler of it all, he is all in on Obama being just a regular guy who is over his head.

O’Reilly knows he is just in it for the $ and his own over sized ego.

He needs to go.

APACHEWHOKNOWS on November 27, 2013 at 8:30 PM

orangemtl on November 27, 2013 at 8:28 PM

No Comment.

I plead the 5th, on the grounds that I might incriminate myself…

Scrumpy on November 27, 2013 at 8:30 PM

Are we sure it’s even Dog Eater’s handwriting, it could be ValJar’s; maybe he dictated it to her while laying his head in her lap and wearing a giant diaper.

Bishop on November 27, 2013 at 8:31 PM

You’d have to add to that theory how it got past his staff before it went out. Did they notice it? Did they question Obama about it? Or did it completely slide past them because it’s such a common term of art among the upper echelons of the Democrat power structure?

Socratease on November 27, 2013 at 8:31 PM

I’d like to ask a 1930′s Jew what it was like, but I can’t. They are pretty much all dead. Of old age, and other causes.

But as a present day Conservative, it’s no matter.

The picture is becoming more clear.

It ain’t no joke.

wolly4321 on November 27, 2013 at 8:32 PM

[...]I am sad that Americans were not wiser, but wisdom only comes by experience and we are about to get the experience of a lifetime… of a generation… perhaps of nearly 120 years. And we shall relearn, once more, that government while a necessary evil is an evil, just the same.

ajacksonian on November 27, 2013 at 8:29 PM

Oh I hope and pray that that day comes soon!

It’s gonna hurt, but so many need for it to hurt like heck!

lesson have to be learned and yes, relearned… and that can be very painful.

Oboobma has done so much damage, it’s mind boggling…

Lord let it be so! Amen

Scrumpy on November 27, 2013 at 8:33 PM

Socratease on November 27, 2013 at 8:31 PM

That ^^^^

Scrumpy on November 27, 2013 at 8:34 PM

Bishop on November 27, 2013 at 8:31 PM

Buahhhhahahahahaha!

Scrumpy on November 27, 2013 at 8:35 PM

Well, don’t you always show respect by calling someone a vile name?

This guy is disgusting. He vilifies as only the vile can.

ajacksonian on November 27, 2013 at 8:29 PM

You are absolutely right.

INC on November 27, 2013 at 8:35 PM

Socratease on November 27, 2013 at 8:31 PM

This.

INC on November 27, 2013 at 8:35 PM

Only Obama can destroy the underpinnings of Leftism.

ajacksonian on November 27, 2013 at 8:29 PM

Yes, it’s the paradox. I’ve always said that the only sure way to destroy the Left is to give them power. They’re existentially a juvenile protest movement driven by rage (both intellectualized and aboriginal rage, at each end), and not merely unfit for power but constitutionally incapable of its duties and demands. The problem is — in the process of their own destruction they will also destroy everything around them.

rrpjr on November 27, 2013 at 8:36 PM

[....]It ain’t no joke.

wolly4321 on November 27, 2013 at 8:32 PM

Unfortunately, it isn’t funny…

Scrumpy on November 27, 2013 at 8:36 PM

They noticed it. Look at the “to” that was added in after the letter had been penned. It is different from the others in the letter. They all knew and they all approved.

JAGonzo on November 27, 2013 at 8:38 PM

Come on over to my house King Barack. I’ll show you how to find videos on-line showing you and your buddy Baghdad Carney ridiculing people with an opposing point of view.

Oh, and as for “targeting”, guess your minions in the White House failed to tell you about the IRS scandal. You must have missed it in the newspapers.

GarandFan on November 27, 2013 at 8:38 PM

The faux indignation over this is ridiculous. He just quoted the original letter.

righty45 on November 27, 2013 at 8:40 PM

Scrumpy on November 27, 2013 at 8:33 PM

Such a relearning is done in a fullness that can leave no doubt.

I, too, wish it would come quickly.

We both know it will not.

He is starting the implosion of the entire entitlement system and, with it, the entitlement mentality. This will be ugly, extremely ugly.

I expect our currency to be destroyed.

Then there will be only the choice of tyranny or liberty.

Each of us is to be prepared for this happening, to help uplift our fellow man and show that it is through the good actions of each and every one of us that we are sustained, and that government is the Punisher, the Thief and the necessary Evil which must remain on the choke-chain and reminded that it is a servant of the people.

Our only and great hope is for a start of a failure so cascading and catastrophic that it pulls down the edifice beyond any previous time of such event. This can happen with overly complex systems… and you just never know what the final snowflake is that will bring down the avalanche, but this is during the snowstorm so if we are very, very lucky this will be quick. Prepare for the slog. Do what is necessary because it is necessary and civilized, and remind our fellow man of what it takes to be civilized through Iron Times.

ajacksonian on November 27, 2013 at 8:41 PM

Somethin’ fishy about this, in fact I smell a plastic fish tossed on the AstroTurf lawn of Maison Obamacare.

Knott Buyinit on November 27, 2013 at 8:43 PM

righty45 on November 27, 2013 at 8:40 PM

He did ? Where are the quotation marks? At first I felt as you did but in reality he apparently thinks using that term is acceptable.

CWchangedhisNicagain on November 27, 2013 at 8:44 PM

The man is pathologically blind to his own limitations and flaws, and he is surrounded by those who affirm that blindness.

paul1149 on November 27, 2013 at 8:44 PM

INC on November 27, 2013 at 8:35 PM

and

rrpjr on November 27, 2013 at 8:36 PM

I but state what I see before my very eyes.

It is breath-taking in beauty and yet foretells a horror that is coming.

I refuse to hate this person who is President.

I will remain civilized.

Civilized men take out the trash and don’t complain about it, and we are just about at that point in time.

ajacksonian on November 27, 2013 at 8:44 PM

Conservatives’ letter to Obama: We’ve been quite respectful of you sock-cucker.

VorDaj on November 27, 2013 at 8:45 PM

This is pretty silly considering the writer of the letter used the term first but hey anything to show a little faux outrage. One of the many reasons I generally ignore MKH’s posts. I’ll guess It’s my own fault for reading this drivel.

Mr.Mark on November 27, 2013 at 8:47 PM

So he’s a victim because people call him a socialist … “or worse”(!).

This is so rich. It is rich beyond words. He WANTED socialist health care. He wants control over policy in the same manner as Hugo Chavez or Fidel Castro, who most certainly WERE socialists. So if he’s not a socialist, then, how does he characterize himself? We all know. A sensible centrist, who’s most certainly NOT an ideologue, whose policy is primarily rooted in kindness. So to him, identifying him with ANY ideology is some kind of insult, not just the one that fits him quite well, of “socialist”. No. Mean people call him that.

I’d be quite curious … does Obama think there’s anything wrong with being a socialist? And what would that be? Are they not kind, who want the best for everyone, just like him?

Obama, whose politics lean much more towards socialism than a free market democracy, whose religion leans more towards the “me against them” Islam than the “universal love” of Christianity. But if you discuss either of these issues, or even broach them, then that’s an insult to Obama. Go figure!

Paul-Cincy on November 27, 2013 at 8:48 PM

Lourdes on November 27, 2013 at 8:06 PM

He has so many pathologies it would make Freud’s knees knock
And his increasingly demented look would stop a cockoo clock

VorDaj on November 27, 2013 at 8:48 PM

We start with George Washington and end up with Barack freakin’ Obama.
Bishop on November 27, 2013 at 8:10 PM

Was about to post the same notion. I imagine them seeing a vision of this future, which fades to show them in silence with a queasy look on their faces. In a few seconds they turn to each other and say… “Yeah, never mind.”

Midas on November 27, 2013 at 8:48 PM

I refuse to hate this person who is President.

I will remain civilized.

ajacksonian on November 27, 2013 at 8:44 PM

I’ve made peace with the reality of hatred. I don’t believe it is inconsistent with a civilized state. Breitbart admitted he “hated” the Left; there was a strange activist’s energy even joy in his confession. I hate with the same energy.

rrpjr on November 27, 2013 at 8:49 PM

LIAR.

mimi1220 on November 27, 2013 at 8:50 PM

I refuse to hate this person who is President.

I will remain civilized.

ajacksonian on November 27, 2013 at 8:44 PM

There are times when being civilized is highly overrated.

VorDaj on November 27, 2013 at 8:50 PM

The man is not a leader.

The Notorious G.O.P on November 27, 2013 at 8:50 PM

righty45 on November 27, 2013 at 8:40 PM

You’re kidding right?

That letter was mocking by a bully. He could have shortened it by writing the following.

Hey Ritter,

I won so STFU.

Barry.

Happy Nomad on November 27, 2013 at 8:51 PM

$24,000 is a bit much. It’s not worth more than $100, based on my careful watching of “The Antiques Roadshow”.

Paul-Cincy on November 27, 2013 at 8:51 PM

We start with George Washington and end up with Barack freakin’ Obama.
Bishop on November 27, 2013 at 8:10 PM

Do you miss me yet? – King George

VorDaj on November 27, 2013 at 8:52 PM

I hesitated to write for fear of some kind of retribution

Regime

forest on November 27, 2013 at 8:52 PM

I refuse to hate this person who is President.

I will remain civilized.

ajacksonian on November 27, 2013 at 8:44 PM

There are times when being civilized is highly overrated.

VorDaj on November 27, 2013 at 8:50 PM

I’m with VorDaj on this one.

Happy Nomad on November 27, 2013 at 8:52 PM

We need a troll or two to show us the errors of our opinions on this letter.

APACHEWHOKNOWS on November 27, 2013 at 8:53 PM

Mr.Mark on November 27, 2013 at 8:47 PM

Some of you are very slow. HE DIDN’T pick up on the fact that it was a pejorative? Harvard man should have either restated it or not written it. Yet you’re saying there is nothing to this?…puhleez.

Pat yourself on the back …you’re so much better than MKH.

CWchangedhisNicagain on November 27, 2013 at 8:55 PM

Ajacksonian on November 27, 2013 at 8:41 Pm

I’d rather just squash the little Fvckers like cochroaches.

Well beyond reasoning.

There comes a point where debate ends.

I admit it. I harbor ill as much as they do, now. It’s reflected back.

Wasn’t always so, but it has come to that.

For every pain they want for me, I’d like to return tenfold.

I didn’t ask for this BS, anymore than any others oppressed by socialism did.

They bring war. I’ll meet them.

wolly4321 on November 27, 2013 at 8:55 PM

Paul-Cincy on November 27, 2013 at 8:51 PM

I like the reserve price. When it fails to sell, the GOP can point out that Obama’s letters are worthless. Especially since this same letter in 2009 would have found a buyer at $24K.

Happy Nomad on November 27, 2013 at 8:55 PM

Midas on November 27, 2013 at 8:48 PM

“If to please the people, we offer what we ourselves disapprove, how can we afterwards defend our work? Let us raise a standard to which the wise and honest can repair; the event is in the hand of God.
-George Washington, 1787

Our day was one that was foreseen, and the idea of putting a standard forth that could easily be understood in trying times was a vital necessity at the Framing. There were delegates that wanted a purely political document, to attempt to broker something in the way of deals… and we would not have our Nation if they did so.

Yet by asking that what they made be a standard to raise, a standard to bear and a standard to which all else is measured, Washington understood that corruption will come into any system run by Man. Thus make the standard as perfect as possible and leave the rest in the hands of God.

ajacksonian on November 27, 2013 at 8:56 PM

I think it’s personally beneath a President to even waste his time responding to such a petty letter…and it shows the character of Obama that he is willing to do such a pedestrian act even while dealing with all the world’s problems

nonpartisan on November 27, 2013 at 8:58 PM

righty45 on November 27, 2013 at 8:40 PM

I think the point is that people expect a somewhat higher level of decorum from their President… You have to admit that George Bush wouldn’t use the term “liberal douchebag” in a letter to an American citizen, even if the citizen used it first.

Of course, no one expects that level of decorum from a taxi driver, douchebag…

PointnClick on November 27, 2013 at 8:58 PM

He’s delusional. Truly.

MT on November 27, 2013 at 8:58 PM

He keeps reminding me of what Dennis Miller said in 2008:

I have no problem with how dark his skin is. I have a problem with how thin his skin is.

rockmom on November 27, 2013 at 9:00 PM

Of course, no one expects that level of decorum from a taxi driver, douchebag…

PointnClick on November 27, 2013 at 8:58 PM

I read the vitriol directed at President Obama and I can’t help but think sometimes that we don’t deserve him…

*sigh*

nonpartisan on November 27, 2013 at 9:01 PM

nonpartisan on November 27, 2013 at 8:58 PM

As IF anything YOU have to say on the subject means squat…

Scrumpy on November 27, 2013 at 9:01 PM

nonpartisan on November 27, 2013 at 8:58 PM

More Obama fluffing.

Seriously, when will you post something that one would expect from someone with an IQ higher than 77?

CWchangedhisNicagain on November 27, 2013 at 9:02 PM

The two things that get me are:

1. “I do have to challenge you, though, on the notion that any citizen that disagrees with me has been ‘targeted and ridiculed’”

Isn’t this his method, to question the motives of those who disagree with him, in fact to assume the worst motives, to not show them any respect, to have a derisive attitude towards them, and rather than to acknowledge them or their positions, wish they’d disappear forever?

2. “[...] defend strongly the rights of everyone to speak their mind — including those who routinely call me ‘socialist’, or worse.”

He’s complaining people call him a ‘socialist’. Give me a break. That is so petty.

Paul-Cincy on November 27, 2013 at 9:02 PM

nonpartisan on November 27, 2013 at 9:01 PM

You love a socialist lovin’ azzhole so there :P

Scrumpy on November 27, 2013 at 9:02 PM

BTW,

Mr. Ritter is not teaching at some white suburban enclave. The demographics for Sally B. Elliot Elementary School.

Demographic Information of Students:

Free and reduced = 80%
Hispanic = 72%
White = 16%
African American = 4%
Asian = 2%
Other = 6%

Happy Nomad on November 27, 2013 at 9:03 PM

*sigh*

nonpartisan on November 27, 2013 at 9:01 PM

Agreed. Dog Eater should just resign, America will simply have to find a way to move on without him.

Bishop on November 27, 2013 at 9:03 PM

*sigh*

nonpartisan on November 27, 2013 at 9:01 PM

You’re a hoot . There is no way you graduated college. High school is a stretch based on your writing and logic.

CWchangedhisNicagain on November 27, 2013 at 9:03 PM

BTW, I lost my decorum way back there somewhere when this idiot was elected…

Do you think I care? Nah!!

Scrumpy on November 27, 2013 at 9:03 PM

petty ……..

nonpartisan on November 27, 2013 at 8:58 PM

The irony.

CWchangedhisNicagain on November 27, 2013 at 9:05 PM

Scrumpy on November 27, 2013 at 8:09 PM

Well, it’s been over 40 years since I studied graphology so I did some online research – looking for someone who wasn’t marketing themself in the process or “sucking up”.

His handwriting confirms what are already widely known character traits:

He has a substantial ego
He is largely self-involved.

The quote I found most interesting wasn’t from the original author at the link – but from a certified grapholigist who wrote a comment in July 2008:

Note: I have parsed the commenter’s reply for clarity and added highlights and quotes for readability.

From: Carole Rule
To: Susan@ExtremeInk.com
Subject: Obamas handwriting
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2008 10:09 am

There was one mistake in particular. His t bars do not indicate low self esteem because they are connected to the next letter. In this case they need to be in the mid zone and it would be low goals not esteem.

However he has star shaped T’s when they start a word another indication of tenacity and persistence.

The figure 8 g is an indication of literary ability and the curve of several of his letters f, b, p are an indication of feeling pressure from the future. An anxiety of how things will turn out.

His words end with a squared look an indication of forcefulness and determination. Sort of “this is my decision” and he will not be moved.

The long end stroke on many of his words show he keeps others at a distance and he will trust few if any totally.

The short looped d stem is sensitivity to criticism of himself personally and the desire to be unique, one of a kind and not labeled or pigeon-holed.

PolAgnostic on November 27, 2013 at 9:05 PM

No surprise here, the link gives me a “403″ bad request error.

Mini-14 on November 27, 2013 at 9:06 PM

I wonder if he would have responded had Ritter called him President Douche-bagger?///

JAM on November 27, 2013 at 9:06 PM

Oh you uppity little people, leave my presence I am busy fowling up the worlds balance of power and enabling the mullahs of Iran to obtain nukes. All that and the job of messing up your health care. I be a busy bee. Little time for you silly little letters.

APACHEWHOKNOWS on November 27, 2013 at 9:06 PM

Bishop on November 27, 2013 at 9:03 PM

I’m more than confident we are up to the challenge.

Happy Nomad on November 27, 2013 at 9:08 PM

nonpartisan on November 27, 2013 at 8:58 PM

You are a parody wrapped in a burlesque inside a sarcasm.

VorDaj on November 27, 2013 at 9:08 PM

civi,ized men take out the trash and don’t complain about it, and we are just about at that point in time. ajacksonian on November 27, 2013 at 8:44 PM

Sometimes civilized men meet a brick wall. Backs to it. With a blindfold.

We don’t have the Greatest generation in waiting. We hwve the Polpot generation.

They can text you to death, but they can’t hunt. Or think past 2 minutes…

wolly4321 on November 27, 2013 at 9:08 PM

wolly4321 on November 27, 2013 at 8:55 PM

War is a serious business, and must be taken on with a rebel yell when charging to the enemy, but considered as to where it is best to have your enemy and make the battlefield of your choice.

A few hundred stopped the Persians at Marathon and then at the Hot Gates.

There was plenty of time for hatred on the battlefield, but the wise chose where to fight, how to fight, and what the battlefield would be.

I detest what is created, and yet the job now is of preparing the battlefield and oneself to be on it. Do not let heat cloud what you think you need, review it carefully, calmly and know that the civilized can prevail by doing the right thing with his fellow man. Luckily our enemy is now giving us our time of recruitment by so fouling his own that they begin the move away from him. Now we need sweet reason to help these souls who have found their trust so abused to see that it was their fault for trust misplaced, but the enemy’s for betrayal of it.

You cannot do that screaming hatred, it recruits no one and loses your own soul to a very dark place.

I know Obama by his actions and now the job of pulling down the construct starts. Luckily it starts within, and just needs pressure and pushing, while pointing out why it is going. Our enemies yell at as, demean us, scream at us and the voice we hear is the animal that remains after the soul is gone… you cannot recruit these ones. The lost? Now is the time of reason with them to show the better way. And if you want the job done to completion, to end the war, then that means you must be prepared for the quenching of hate and the realization that going on from that point requires reason.

If you are just your hate, then you will falter and fall, thus let it be unleashed when necessary for it to be there and then control it to know what to do next. Become your hate and the war is lost before it is even started.

Control hate, focus it, channel it, and pull it back when it is in the way.

The best hate is a cold one, not the hot. It endures. It does not flow quickly. And it is most easily controlled… plus it makes handy side-dishes! Can’t forget those!

ajacksonian on November 27, 2013 at 9:09 PM

rockmom on November 27, 2013 at 9:00 PM

It is the darkness of where his soul should be… that is the most dangerous thing about him and drives all else.

ajacksonian on November 27, 2013 at 9:11 PM

Nonpartisan I am waiting. Prove it.

CWchangedhisNicagain on November 27, 2013 at 9:13 PM