Obama letter to conservative: I’ve been quite respectful of you tea-baggers

posted at 8:01 pm on November 27, 2013 by Mary Katharine Ham

A Texas teacher sent a letter to President Obama about his opposition to Obamacare and got a hand-written letter in return.

Thomas J. Ritter wrote to the president ­expressing his dismay over the Affordable Health Care Act, and was surprised to get a response penned by Obama on official White House ­stationery.

Ritter, a fifth-grade teacher at Sally B. Elliott ­Elementary in Irving, Texas, had written to the president: “This bill has caused such a ­divisive, derisive and toxic environment . . . The reality is that any citizen that disagrees with your ­administration is targeted and ridiculed.”

Ritter continued: “I hesitated to write for fear of some kind of retribution . . . I watched you make fun of tea baggers and your press secretary make fun of Ms. [Sarah] Palin which was especially beneath the dignity of the White House . . . Do the right thing not the political thing. Suggest a bill that Americans can support.”

All right, so it’s important to note Ritter uses the term “tea-bagger” first, a common term used by the Left to ridicule Tea Partiers, but here’s Obama’s response:

‘I… appreciate your concern about the toxic political environment right now. I do have to challenge you, though, on the notion that any citizen that disagrees with me has been “targeted and ridiculed” or that I have “made fun” of tea-baggers.’

A couple options, here. Obama carelessly used “tea-baggers” after reading it in Ritter’s letter and meant to use Tea Partiers. Obama deliberately used the term “tea-bagger” to annoy Ritter, in which case it was quite a lot of effort to sit down and give a “tea-bagger” the honor of a letter from the President of the United States. Or, and this is my theory, Obama is so thoroughly surrounded by people who refer to Tea Partiers as “tea-baggers” nonchalantly that it slipped out without him even thinking about it. And, finally, no matter what the reason, the letter’s certainly emblematic of Obama’s utter inability to actually appeal to people who disagree with him despite fancying himself quite the bridge-builder.

The President of the United States, allegedly one of the smartest people to grace our country, sat down to write a hand-written letter to a political dissenter and used the most charged, rude, dirty term possible while claiming he’d never do anything but treat this “tea-bagger” with the utmost respect. His own lofty self-concept survives contact with all conflicting facts, even when they come from his own pen.

On the upside, “tea-bagger” has now been used by a president on presidential stationery. You’re welcome, George Washington. Love, 2013.

The New York Post uploaded the letter, which is now up for auction by Ritter, who was unconvinced by the president’s respectful appeal.

Ritter, 49, is putting the letter up for auction through the Web site momentsintime.com for a reserve price of $24,000. Ritter said, “I am selling the letter because I am just so disappointed, and this ObamaCare bill is wrong. The president told me what he thought I wanted to hear. The letter is just words on a paper. It doesn’t mean anything to me because Obama doesn’t mean any of it.”

President Obama's response

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

Obama marries tranny and calls us Tea Baggers?

Oh my. Too funny

SparkPlug on November 29, 2013 at 7:51 PM

Obama marries tranny and calls us Tea Baggers?

Oh my. Too funny

SparkPlug on November 29, 2013 at 7:51 PM

They looked very fetching on Barbara Walters. Walters wanted to get down but Moochie poochie said, “he be minez.”

arnold ziffel on November 29, 2013 at 8:00 PM

Just an odd moment of thinking:

Say said person herein discussed by chance got drafted or joined the Marines to avoid the draft in say 1966, got to the I-Corps nam in say 1967/68 got in one of the hill deals over near Laos near the Bra area and went with a company sized unit to push the NVA off a hill with a number, seems the S.O.G. units had real intel on the movements via operation igloo white etal. The first chopper gets hit and has to boogie out so his squad and Lt. are the first ones on the lz, its hot, very hot, little dust puffs showing as the helo gets low…

what would he do,,,,? for sure his E-5 would shove his a$$ out the door to make sure the others and the ammo could get out…

my guess he would have just froze, bugged his eyes out and looked around for help, about then some one like me would have pushed him to the ground, yelled “do something jack ass”….

Did not happen so there he is cut off in the White House , married to a mean a$$, nothing but silly a$$ 30 something Harvard/Yale/U of Calif. grads who know more about how to make a score for dope than any thing else, no way to know what to do, so he just keeps doing what got him to where he is,,,, lie and cover the lie with another lie.

Not good for him, not good for U.S..

APACHEWHOKNOWS on November 29, 2013 at 8:20 PM

Obama marries tranny and calls us Tea Baggers?

Oh my. Too funny

SparkPlug on November 29, 2013 at 7:51 PM

The word of the day is… “Beard”.

/My, my, my, that’s a really huge beard you got there, Barry!

Key West Reader on November 29, 2013 at 8:30 PM

And so it begins … WashingtonPost calls for end to presidential term limits …

Pork-Chop on November 29, 2013 at 9:57 PM

You guys are all overthinking this.

0bama just has a problem with punctuation: he didn’t use quotation marks when he should have, and he used a period when he shouldn’t have.

Hot Gas on November 29, 2013 at 11:44 PM

Lying Commie, non-citizen, Closet Muslim, impeachable, manipulating scumbag!

RdLake on November 30, 2013 at 1:26 AM

‘Mr. Ritter, you have nothing to fear. It is not like I have ever ordered the IRS to target Conservatives or use the NSA to spy on every American citizen, or have kept my promise to build my own personal militia (Homeland Security) with which I could – like in the mos recent Hunger Games movie – wipe out the existense of your entire distrrict … No, I am benevolent & merciful. Thank you for writing, & my stormtroopers will be paying. You a visit soon to discuss more of your concerns.’

easyt65 on November 30, 2013 at 9:49 AM

The man tutoed by Communist Frank Marshall Davis, who studied & quoted Sal Alynski during his innauguration speech, who was mentored by hate-spewing anti-American racist Jereniah Wright, who announced his intent to run for President in the home of an American terrorist, whose daddy – like him – is an Anti-Colonialist who promised to fundamentally change this country, who has targeted Conservatives/branded every American a threat to justify spying on all of us, who aided terrorists take over both Libya & Egypt, & who is buying Iran time to build a nuke with which to destroy Israel and attack us … is telling Mr. Ritter he and all of us have nothing to worry about?!

With friends like him, who needs enemies?

Will the last American out please bring the flag?!

easyt65 on November 30, 2013 at 10:03 AM

Will the last American out please bring the flag?!

easyt65 on November 30, 2013 at 10:03 AM

There better be a whole lot of spent brass before that happens.

Murphy9 on November 30, 2013 at 12:18 PM

I think it’s personally beneath a President to even waste his time responding to such a petty letter…and it shows the character of Obama that he is willing to do such a pedestrian act even while dealing with all the world’s problems

nonpartisan on November 27, 2013 at 8:58 PM

With every ideological-driven troll-by, there are the fleeting elements of truth….

…This letter clearly reflects on the character of Barack Obama.

‘Pedestrian’? That’s quite a pedestal you have put this sociopath on. I wonder how many of these character traits you share with the one you idolize and make excuses for?

I can think of a few better adjectives that apply to the ‘character’ that Barack Obama demonstrates with his response to Mr. Ritter;

Petty. Contemptuous. Arrogant. Thin-skinned. Condescending. Supercilious. Disdainful.

Athos on November 30, 2013 at 12:57 PM

This puzzy of a president wouldn’t have the gonads to talk that crap to a conservative’s face, and without his precious bodyguards. Just like every other progressive in the world.

F_This on November 30, 2013 at 10:28 PM

Is it just me, or is there literally no proof of this being true besides the word of a tea-party member who admittedly already hates obama?

Because in this day and age, no one would ever think of forging a letter?

That’s not a strong source. I’m not saying it’s not true.

I’m just saying there’s literally no evidence of it being true.

triple on December 1, 2013 at 3:33 PM

Because in this day and age, no one would ever think of forging a letter?

That’s the purview of Dan Rather, Mary Mapes, and CBS News, right?

I’m just saying there’s literally no evidence of it being true.

triple on December 1, 2013 at 3:33 PM

Absolutely nothing, just the scanned image of the letter in Barack Obama’s handwriting on official White House stationary that was published in the NY Post, the above post by MKH, and elsewhere, without one peep of it being a forgery out of the WH. All we get are just some Obama sycophants making the accusation, without any proof of their own, in an effort to protect the President.

Athos on December 1, 2013 at 7:41 PM

This is about the equivalent to / I wonder what Obama would say if someone wrote him/the NAACP & said, “You no longer have to be concerned with racism since we whites have respected & treated fairly you N*s (the ‘N’ word) since the laws were changed & segregation ended back in the 60s”?!

While trying to reassure them they have nothing to fear, an attempt is made to wipe re-write history / pretend all the ON-GOING violations of Constitution & law while simultaneously insulting them with the most vile name thought of….

Obama is not even TRYING to hide his contempt / hatred for Conservatives/TEA Party members…or this country…any more.

easyt65 on December 1, 2013 at 9:53 PM

official white house stationary!

Well then, case closed.

I sincerely doubt anyone with a $50 inkjet printer and some paper would have the skills to forge “WHITE HOUSE – WASHINGTON” in the correct font. That, good sir, is obviously beyond any normal man’s abilities.

triple on December 1, 2013 at 11:14 PM

The illustrating image should show Obama looking into a Rene Magritte mirror.

And seeing his own back reflected in the looking glass.

Since he leads from [his] behind.

profitsbeard on December 1, 2013 at 11:47 PM

triple on December 1, 2013 at 11:14 PM

Seriously, you are only embarrassing yourself at this point with your delusion and spin. Not even the WH is pushing your tripe.

Athos on December 1, 2013 at 11:53 PM

Because in this day and age, no one would ever think of forging a letter?

That’s not a strong source. I’m not saying it’s not true.

I’m just saying there’s literally no evidence of it being true.

triple on December 1, 2013 at 3:33 PM

This is what your tertiary-syphilis addled sodomite brain is focused on?

Carry on.

Murphy9 on December 2, 2013 at 8:38 AM

Likely Glenn Beck will make the winning bid here.
He’s fancies himself a ‘collector’ and , in Mr. Ritter’s words, a ‘tea bagger’.

verbaluce on December 2, 2013 at 9:28 AM

You guys are all overthinking this.

Hot Gas on November 29, 2013 at 11:44 PM

This is what happens when Barry-O doesn’t use a telepromper for everyday life at the WH.

Cherokee on December 2, 2013 at 11:34 AM

Because in this day and age, no one would ever think of forging a letter?

That’s not a strong source. I’m not saying it’s not true.

I’m just saying there’s literally no evidence of it being true.

triple on December 1, 2013 at 3:33 PM

If that was the case, forging a U.S. President’s signature, the Secret Service would already have arrested this guy and paraded him in front of the MSM.

Cherokee on December 2, 2013 at 11:36 AM

Speaking of reprobate and diseased brains…thanks for weighing in you godless sodomite verbulace. Its informative to hear from the Gehenna bound crowd once and awhile.

Murphy9 on December 2, 2013 at 5:30 PM

“Does anybody think that the teabag, anti-government people are going to support them if they bring down health care?
All it will do is confuse and dispirit” Democratic voters “and it will encourage the extremists.”

–President Obama, quoted by Representative Earl Blumenauer, Democrat from Oregon, in 2009.

itsnotaboutme on December 3, 2013 at 7:08 AM