Obama: “When it comes to Congress, there is no such thing as an offer they can’t refuse”

posted at 7:51 pm on November 26, 2013 by Erika Johnsen

As Ed pointed out this morning, the White House is currently engaged in their umpteenth iteration of their emergency go-to Economic Pivot: The Anything But ObamaCare Edition, and the tactic has gotten so full of predictable clichés that it’s long since surpassed laughable. Case in point: At a DreamWorks Animation studio in California this afternoon, President Obama turned to that old, faithful political standby of “Republican obstruction” and “Congressional dysfunction” to try and remind Americans of exactly who deserves the full blast of their ire right now: The party that had absolutely nothing to do with passing the disastrously bungled healthcare law currently being foisted upon the most personal aspects of their lives, duh (click the pic to watch at RCP):

photo Screenshot2013-11-26at74656PM_zps97e6a3f7.png

And I put forward my plans to create new jobs and even the odds for the middle class and I put forward plans that give some Republicans some of the things they want in exchange for ideas that will create good jobs right now. So far they won’t consider them. Some people have heard me say my list of top five movies, you know, Godfather 1 and 2 have to be on it. But it turns out Marlon Brando had it easy because when it comes to Congress, there is no such thing as an offer they can’t refuse. I just keep on coming back. I’m gonna keep on trying though. I am because we got no choice.

Comments

Right back at ya.

CWchangedhisNicagain on November 26, 2013 at 8:03 PM

I loathe and despise this POS. I don’t think I’ve ever hated anyone as much as I hate this dickwad.

BeachBum on November 26, 2013 at 8:04 PM

Can not wait to see the last of this pathetic ass clown ruining our country in so many ways.

gsherin on November 26, 2013 at 8:04 PM

“We got no choice.”
I suppose it is reactionary to think a president should know the english language.

GaltBlvnAtty on November 26, 2013 at 8:05 PM

So he willingly compares himself to THE GODFATHER … with that ‘no offer they can refuse’ reference.

Also, HOWARD DEAN even thinks that filibuster nuke of Reid’s is a disaster. He believes it will allow Obama to stack the IPAB with his own non medical personnel lackeys who will then choose what treatments and drugs they think are too expensive or inappropriate, cut doctor and hospital reimbursements for them to make them far too expensive to use, thus causing the suffering and needless deaths of Americans. He’s right.

Seems the Obama Mafia thinks the United States needs to cull the sick and disabled… while finegeling means to grant AMNESTY to 11-30 million illegal aliens and make our border security an international joke.

thatsafactjack on November 26, 2013 at 8:07 PM

At a DreamWorks Animation studio in California this afternoon
==============================================================

4h
Photo: President Obama greets actors Jim Parsons and Steve Martin during Dreamworks Animation tour – @GarciaJon via @markknoller
see original on twitter.com
=============================

canopfor on November 26, 2013 at 8:08 PM

BeachBum on November 26, 2013 at 8:04 PM

Definitely agree with you there.

Add Ted Kennedy to that list. He also has done damage in many ways to this country.

arnold ziffel on November 26, 2013 at 8:08 PM

I thought the Republican Party was dead?

kcewa on November 26, 2013 at 8:10 PM

Obama is a Category 6 hurricane of lies. He has more lies than Imelda Marcos had shoes.

VorDaj on November 26, 2013 at 8:10 PM

I am because we got no choice.

“Nucular” GWB IS AN IDIOT!

WitchDoctor on November 26, 2013 at 8:11 PM

************* Progressive Pivoter ***************************!!

Yes We Can!

(sarc)

canopfor on November 26, 2013 at 8:11 PM

For someone supposedly very smart, he certainly has a way of mangling the language.

Midas on November 26, 2013 at 8:11 PM

Why the heck is Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer on tv tonight…..2 days before Thanksgiving and a full month before Christmas?

xblade on November 26, 2013 at 8:11 PM

I am because we got no choice.

I’d be more happy if our nation were not run by a lazy stupid Ivy League educated idiot who makes statements like “we got no choice,” calls Navy medics “corpse men,” thinks there are 57 states, doesn’t know that the Malvinas are not the Maldives, and signs the guest book at Westminster Abbey with the wrong year.

Seriously, the rat-eared coward is an idiot with a resume. The most dangerous kind of idiot.

Happy Nomad on November 26, 2013 at 8:12 PM

The only reason this country hasn’t tumbled into a full banana republic.
I cannot wait for the immigration fight. Even during your best time, even the ignorant sycophants know that 30 million uneducated, criminals, and scammers is a bad idea in the best economy, which you have put in the crapper, is a bad idea.
Just shut the f8ck up already.

AllahsNippleHair on November 26, 2013 at 8:14 PM

From Immigration Speechy:
————————–

1d
More: President Obama interrupted during immigration reform speech, responds saying,

‘The easy way out is to try to yell and pretend like I can do something by violating our laws’

– @TPM
read more on talkingpointsmemo.com
==================================
==================================

Someone in San Francisco crowd shouts at Obama that he needs to end deportations,

‘you have the power!’; Obama replies, ‘actually I don’t’ –

@jbendery
read more on twitter.com
=========================

canopfor on November 26, 2013 at 8:14 PM

xblade on November 26, 2013 at 8:11 PM

They couldn’t wait. 3. more days.

Grrr!

22044 on November 26, 2013 at 8:16 PM

xblade on November 26, 2013 at 8:11 PM

I don’t know where you live but we had the Christmas candy out the day after Halloween. I really miss the days where Christmas started after T-day but, apparently, those days are long gone.

Happy Nomad on November 26, 2013 at 8:17 PM

xblade on November 26, 2013 at 8:11 PM

xblade: Interesting,and the US is getting Snow Boinked:)
(sarc)
=======

Photo: Satellite image of winter storm system moving across the US – @NOAA
see original on twitter.com

canopfor on November 26, 2013 at 8:19 PM

My job would be easier if I was the President of China the Mafia.

boone on November 26, 2013 at 8:19 PM

Yeah, and We the People “got no choice” but to hunker down and help the country outlast and recover from a manifestly incompetent & divisive failure of a President who either a) cant speak proper English or b) chooses to speak like an ignorant street rube for nakedly political reasons.

Hope-n-Change!!

Sacramento on November 26, 2013 at 8:20 PM

“We got no choice.”

GaltBlvnAtty on November 26, 2013 at 8:05 PM

Nope! Just racist.

Happy Nomad on November 26, 2013 at 8:20 PM

Moving on up….

Lol.

wolly4321 on November 26, 2013 at 8:20 PM

BeachBum on November 26, 2013 at 8:04 PM

Dude, cut him a break, he’s trying real hard.

Kat_man on November 26, 2013 at 8:21 PM

Happy Nomad on November 26, 2013 at 8:17 PM

Yeah, forget about buying Halloween candy on clearance any more.

22044 on November 26, 2013 at 8:21 PM

xblade on November 26, 2013 at 8:11 PM

It’s to get you in the mood for Black Friday.

Flange on November 26, 2013 at 8:21 PM

Complex System Theory

Something our simple minded leaders will never understand, including the Idiot-In-Chief.

We are screwed.

MichaelGabriel on November 26, 2013 at 8:21 PM

It’s to get you in the mood for Black Friday.

Flange on November 26, 2013 at 8:21 PM

Black Friday? Isn’t that racist?

Why not Friday of many colors??? ;o

Happy Nomad on November 26, 2013 at 8:24 PM

And he has every right to think he can have his way with the congress or senate. When someone like Cruz starts playing hardball, the rest of the Republicans fold. At least he was being honest on that point.

Dongemaharu on November 26, 2013 at 8:25 PM

Complex System Theory

MichaelGabriel on November 26, 2013 at 8:21 PM

From the notes of the Complex System Theory movie…

wafferz6 months ago

The title is misspelled.

Foton Labs6 months agoin reply to wafferz

Thanks for making a note of that wafferz, it has been corrected now.

Flange on November 26, 2013 at 8:26 PM

Yeah, forget about buying Halloween candy on clearance any more.

22044 on November 26, 2013 at 8:21 PM

Yep, which leads me to believe the stores just warehouse it until next September when the Halloween candy next appears.

Happy Nomad on November 26, 2013 at 8:27 PM

Don’t you see? The people are BEGGING him to bypass Congress and do great things for this country! You know…. HE GOT NO CHOICE!

ctmom on November 26, 2013 at 8:28 PM

Black Friday? Isn’t that racist?
Why not Friday of many colors??? ;o
Happy Nomad on November 26, 2013 at 8:24 PM

En México se llama el Buen Fin

blockchords on November 26, 2013 at 8:30 PM

Happy Nomad

Yeah, it was pretty much the same around here. While I wish they didn’t start so soon, I can understand why. But showing Rudolph tonight just doesn’t make a lot of sense.

xblade on November 26, 2013 at 8:30 PM

What, specifically, did Obama offer that Republicans want?

Here are some ideas that will create good jobs right now:

1) Build the Keystone XL pipeline;
2) Remove regulations on greenhouse gas emissions that are crippling power plants and refineries;
3) Open up Federal land and offshore waters for oil drilling.

None of these would cost the Government any money–in fact, the Government and states could collect royalties on drilling leases.

So what are you waiting for, Easy Preezy?

Maybe a little O/T, but doesn’t that still photo at the start of the video look like the President is about to pick his nose?

Steve Z on November 26, 2013 at 8:32 PM

Black Friday? Isn’t that racist?

Why not Friday of many colors??? ;o

Happy Nomad on November 26, 2013 at 8:24 PM

Black…is good!
“Kruger Industrial Smoothing is in the red. Or the black. Whatever the bad one is.”

22044 on November 26, 2013 at 8:34 PM

Happy Nomad

Yeah, it was pretty much the same around here.

And in fact, if I’m not mistaken, I remember seeing Christmas candy out BEFORE Halloween. And Lowes had their inflatable Christmas snow men, Santa Clauses,etc on display before Halloween.

xblade on November 26, 2013 at 8:34 PM

Black Friday? Isn’t that racist?

Happy Nomad on November 26, 2013 at 8:24 PM

Probably. :-)

Flange on November 26, 2013 at 8:35 PM

xblade on November 26, 2013 at 8:30 PM

If you understand why, please spill because I don’t get it.

Happy Nomad on November 26, 2013 at 8:37 PM

Seriously,, this is great on many levels. I keep laughing.

Give it 30 seconds,, iu’s pretty funny..

wolly4321 on November 26, 2013 at 8:39 PM

I’m gonna keep on trying though. I am because we got no choice.

Ha ha, that’s just like the black people talk, good one!

bayam on October 18, 2012 at 9:30 AM

rogerb on November 26, 2013 at 8:39 PM

xblade on November 26, 2013 at 8:34 PM

Clearly this is the new business model. Sad isn’t it?

Happy Nomad on November 26, 2013 at 8:42 PM

Complex Systems Management

Our bureaucrats are not up to the task.

MichaelGabriel on November 26, 2013 at 8:42 PM

S
T
F
U

JUGEARS!

KOOLAID2 on November 26, 2013 at 8:45 PM

BeachBum on November 26, 2013 at 8:04 PM

Obama really looks down on those who disagree with him, doesn’t he. Which is OK. It’s a perspective choice. But the thing is, he’s the leader of the free world. You want better from him than that. Better than smearing others in this way. So, only OBAMA wants to create good jobs? Really. ObamaCare is not good for jobs, nor regulations, taxes, weak energy policy, huge national debt and growing, and on and on. He won’t discuss at the level of policy — that’s beneath him. Instead, he smears.

Does he EVER discuss honest policy differences, in a respectful way? I’ve never heard him do that. Instead, he smears.

Paul-Cincy on November 26, 2013 at 8:46 PM

Seriously,, this is great on many levels. I keep laughing.

wolly4321 on November 26, 2013 at 8:39 PM

I’m ROTFLMAO but, at the same time, there is something wrong about this.

Probably the history degree kicking in but in the long run the more we mock the Nazis now the more they escape legitimate condemnation and their rightful place in history.

Happy Nomad on November 26, 2013 at 8:49 PM

wolly4321 on November 26, 2013 at 8:39 PM

That video was hilarious!

I loathe our preezy buffoon. He is so tiresome and so predictable.

onlineanalyst on November 26, 2013 at 9:05 PM

King Barack appears to be getting desperate. But he knows he can count on the 33% of ObamaBots.

GarandFan on November 26, 2013 at 9:08 PM

Happy Nomad on November 26, 2013 at 8:49 PM

The beauty part is that it mocks those easily duped by a con artist with the “gift of gab.”

onlineanalyst on November 26, 2013 at 9:11 PM

HN- I hear you. Some totalitarians are worse than others.

But I thought somehow it fits with the theme of enabling acts and “we are the ones we have been waiting for”.

Our present totalitarian jackass thinks he can lower oceans. He’s no less a megalomaniac.

It’s just that the killing hasn’t started. Hopefully it won’t.

Bish jokes about cattle cars. I do, too.

William Ayers doesn’t.

wolly4321 on November 26, 2013 at 9:13 PM

Erm, what? If we learned anything from the 2012 Republican nomination fight it’s that the ACA was modeled after Republican health care reform proposals. Republicans only had “absolutely nothing to do with” it after Democrats began agreeing with them.

righty45 on November 26, 2013 at 9:20 PM

Paul-Cincy on November 26, 2013 at 8:46 PM

The poor lil fella is just doing the best he can.

He doesn’t understand policy.

But he does understand demonizing those who oppose him.

Solaratov on November 26, 2013 at 9:21 PM

righty45 on November 26, 2013 at 9:20 PM

Possibly one of the most stupid statements ever posted on HA.

D’ohbamacare belongs to the democRATS, lefty. It’s ALL yours.

Solaratov on November 26, 2013 at 9:32 PM

what? If we learned anything from the 2012 Republican nomination fight it’s that the ACA was modeled after Republican health care reform proposals. Republicans only had “absolutely nothing to do with” it after Democrats began agreeing with them. righty45 on November 26, 2013 at 9:20 pm

Epic fail. Zero votes is zero votes, dude.

When you can show me 2,800 pages of law a 60,000 pages of regs from Heritage, that rehashed BS will work better.

And what they (Heritage) did propose worked atnits purpose.

It chopped hitlerycare off at the knees.

Again…. 0.00 R votes.

Capiche?

wolly4321 on November 26, 2013 at 9:33 PM

Your user name would be better as righty180

wolly4321 on November 26, 2013 at 9:36 PM

I kinda moved beyond hating Obama, mainly over the past month as his presidency has been starting a slow and gradual implosion. Schadenfreude will do that to you.

Myron Falwell on November 26, 2013 at 9:50 PM

It seems the only people still listening to this fraud are actors and actresses and the rich elitists. that says a lot about both the president and his admirers, they’re all narcissists out for themselves and their ideology and to hell with the middle class.

scalleywag on November 26, 2013 at 10:04 PM

BeachBum on November 26, 2013 at 8:04 PM

Dude, cut him a break, he’s trying real hard.

Kat_man on November 26, 2013 at 8:21 PM

That IS the fallback position of his hardcore base, something like -”he’s doing the best he can, what more can you ask of a president?”

slickwillie2001 on November 26, 2013 at 10:04 PM

kinda moved beyond hating Obama, mainly over the past month as his presidency has been starting a slow and gradual implosion. Schadenfreude will do that to you. Myron Falwell on November 26, 2013 at 9:50 pm

Well,, don’t. He’s more dangerous than ever. He’ll rule by over reach now. We’ll get beerhall putches and krystalnaughts in the last 2 years.

Bank on it. And don’t laugh. It’s going to get ugly. Every crisis will be an excuse, and many a crisis will come. By the day.

wolly4321 on November 26, 2013 at 10:06 PM

Reid’s Filibuster Overhaul Clears The Way For White House To Stack Obamacare IPAB panel

thatsafactjack on November 26, 2013 at 8:08 PM

Here comes Ezekiel Mengele.

slickwillie2001 on November 26, 2013 at 10:07 PM

wolly4321 on November 26, 2013 at 10:06 PM

Agreed. As you say, things will get worse after the 2014 elections. The most exciting time, however, will be after the November 2016 elections.

GaltBlvnAtty on November 26, 2013 at 10:14 PM

…the ACA was modeled after Republican health care reform proposals. Republicans only had “absolutely nothing to do with” it after Democrats began agreeing with them.

righty45 on November 26, 2013 at 9:20 PM

That righty45 sure is a clever guy, and he’s 100% and absolutely dead-on in his understanding and application of that topic.

rogerb on November 26, 2013 at 10:15 PM

Bite me barry…..

crosshugger on November 26, 2013 at 10:30 PM

The good news is that, according to the Obama administration, the rich will pay for everything. The bad news is that, according to the Obama administration, you’re rich.

roflmmfao

donabernathy on November 26, 2013 at 11:52 PM

Epic DOUCHE

dpduq on November 26, 2013 at 11:52 PM

“We got no choice”?!?!?

Seriously? POTUS actually said this at a Hollywood fundraiser?

How embarrassing….wish he’d just STFU.

ladyingray on November 27, 2013 at 7:04 AM

No such thing as an offer they can’t refuse?

You mean like how the shutdown ended?

The Schaef on November 27, 2013 at 9:16 AM

…when it comes to Congress, there is no such thing as an offer they can’t refuse. I just keep on coming back.

And what? giving them a bunch of offers they CAN refuse.

This idiot makes no sense.

arik1969 on November 27, 2013 at 9:04 PM