Good news: Bloomberg’s gun-control group offering printable placemats for Thanksgiving dinner

posted at 6:11 pm on November 26, 2013 by Allahpundit

More or less annoying than the Thanksgiving ObamaCare talking points from OFA? I’m going to say “more,” not because of the subject matter but because the thought of sitting down to eat after a lecture about health insurance only to find more leftist propaganda staring back at me might make me flip the table. Simple request for America’s O-bots this week: Choose. You can either encourage me to throw my money away on an ObamaCare plan I can’t afford or convince me to give up my gun because that’ll reduce the odds of another mass shooting by one one-hundred-millionth or whatever. Thanksgiving is a day for indulgence, but only within reason.

Click here for full size. Can a placemat do what a months-long White House campaign last winter couldn’t, my friends?

tg

Question: Given that so many liberal activists have decided that Thursday is a day for Raising Awareness, is it worth shifting to a preemption strategy? All I want to do is watch football and eat but that kind of passivity might land me in the audience for some twentysomething cousin’s 45-minute meditation on how “if you like your plan” wasn’t technically a lie. Maybe the only solution is to prepare a list of topics and start running through it as soon as the guests’ coats are off. Baseball’s new instant-replay rule, the terribleness of “Homeland,” America’s awakening to the fact that Chinese-food cartons are supposed to be opened and used as plates — there’s no shortage of ways to play conversational keep-away from the earnest young liberal who read this awesome Ezra Klein post the other day about enrollment targets that he wants to tell you about. Be proactive. And take comfort in the fact that, come next Thanksgiving, lefties will be looking to play their own game of conversational keep-away.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

My company will enjoy my “Support Reproductive Choice” Thanksgiving placemats featuring color photos taken inside Gosnell’s abortion mill.

Cicero43 on November 26, 2013 at 6:14 PM

They look like festive paper targets. How nice.

Flange on November 26, 2013 at 6:14 PM

Why are conservatives so fearful of substantive conversation with their loved ones? would they prefer to talk about the latest honey boo boo episodes instead?

nonpartisan on November 26, 2013 at 6:16 PM

Please. Come try and take them.

rightside on November 26, 2013 at 6:17 PM

nonpartisan on November 26, 2013 at 6:16 PM

Says the douchebag who lectures his family on politics while eating their food.

Cicero43 on November 26, 2013 at 6:17 PM

Yeah. I got a place mat for them.

portlandon on November 26, 2013 at 6:18 PM

nonpartisan on November 26, 2013 at 6:16 PM

You know all that stuffing and gravy is forbidden under the new HealthCare laws, right?

portlandon on November 26, 2013 at 6:19 PM

They look like festive paper targets. How nice.

Flange on November 26, 2013 at 6:14 PM

Nice, Flange…. It would be fun to lay some nice, tight groups of 45 ACP on this turd, and mail them to Bloomie en masse

PointnClick on November 26, 2013 at 6:19 PM

We’ll probably be talking about guns at our table.
Pros and cons of our AR-15s vs AK-47s, large frame .357 magnum vs small frame, concealed carry in semi-auto vs revolver, best caliber for certain uses – good stuff like that.

And of course the critical question of our time – Are green tipped Zombiemax rounds more effective against zombies, or is that just really good marketing? Enquiring minds want to know…..

dentarthurdent on November 26, 2013 at 6:20 PM

They look like festive paper targets. How nice.

Flange on November 26, 2013 at 6:14 PM

Good idea. I am going to the range tomorrow and I shall bring a few of these to spread around and to shoot!

Johnnyreb on November 26, 2013 at 6:20 PM

nonpartisan on November 26, 2013 at 6:16 PM

Look who brought up honey boo boo….

…’fearful of substantive conversation’…? If only we got that from you as opposed to the troll-bys.

Why is it that a family and friend festive meal based around the celebration of giving Thanks for all that we have has to turn into a partisan political conversation advocating authoritarianism and the loss of personal liberty, freedom, and responsibility?

Athos on November 26, 2013 at 6:21 PM

Printable on, say…toilet paper?

Renee on November 26, 2013 at 6:22 PM

They look like festive paper targets. How nice.

Flange on November 26, 2013 at 6:14 PM

Don’t say “t*rget.” That’s a murder-word.

Cicero43 on November 26, 2013 at 6:22 PM

Progressives clearly have no idea what THANKSGIVING is about.

Getting together with one’s family to be thankful, to God, for what one has and that includes one’s family. A chance to reconnect on personal basis and issues… not politics.

Not to browbeat your relatives over your particular political ideological preference…but if that 20 something…or your sister in law … insists…

… when they start expounding on the talking points… tell them you’d like to discuss God, the Bible, and the founding of the nation with them instead.Perhaps what motivated the pilgrims to settle in this land. Bring your laptop to the table. Nothing like a visual aid to illustrate the finer points.

thatsafactjack on November 26, 2013 at 6:22 PM

Just think of the cognitive dissonance here.

“Dad, just because I’m sucking off your health care plan, and you happen to be one of the people who, sad to say, were stuck with a substandard health care plan, it’s not all bad. Yes, you will be forced by Obama to pay triple the costs, and you know that the IRS is going to come knocking if you don’t.

Let me tell you that guns are bad, and the second amendment is icky! Yes, it’s meant to be the last resort against tyranny, but why would that matter? it’s not like our Government is trying to force you to do something you don’t want to do….”

Yeah, OFA is going to have a good time trying to sell people on the idea of disarming and bending over to the jackbooted thugs.

Vanceone on November 26, 2013 at 6:22 PM

if the progtards keep this up they might get themselves some religion.

stephana on November 26, 2013 at 6:23 PM

Says the douchebag who lectures his family on politics while eating their food.

Cicero43 on November 26, 2013 at 6:17 PM

it’s not a lecture if its a two-way conversation

nonpartisan on November 26, 2013 at 6:23 PM

nonpartisan on November 26, 2013 at 6:16 PM

Simple… The debate is over, as ManBearPig likes to say… This matter was settled about 235 years ago.

PointnClick on November 26, 2013 at 6:25 PM

Ummmm,, no.

wolly4321 on November 26, 2013 at 6:25 PM

They look like festive paper targets. How nice.

Flange on November 26, 2013 at 6:14 PM

I was just thinking the very same thing!

Nothing says family like going out to the range prior to coming home to a fine feast.

Maybe we should make up some paper placemats for Bloomburg and his band of morons and moronettes about the joy of hunting your food, rather than feasting on processed birds from some corporate Turkey farm that force-feeds their animals and cages them in close quarters so they grow fat with no exercise.

TKindred on November 26, 2013 at 6:26 PM

Athos on November 26, 2013 at 6:21 PM

I’m not saying argue, but having a thoughtful, calm discussion on substantive issues is something that needs to happen more often than it does

nonpartisan on November 26, 2013 at 6:26 PM

Particularly when you find out that the host has turned vegan and is serving “tofurkey.”

I miss the old days when Thanksgiving was a time for family and friends coming together without some stupid liberal getting in your face about his/her views.

Happy Nomad on November 26, 2013 at 6:26 PM

nonpartisan on November 26, 2013 at 6:16

None of my loved ones are foolish enough to be liberals.

kam582 on November 26, 2013 at 6:27 PM

nonpartisan on November 26, 2013 at 6:16 PM

“Substantive conversation” with libtards like you is impossible because of your abject fear and loathing of facts, logic, and reason, and your automatic resort to emotional accusations of “racist”, “bigot”, and other such garbage.

But we have “substantive conversations” all the time – with other conservatives.

dentarthurdent on November 26, 2013 at 6:27 PM

it’s not a lecture if its a two-way conversation

nonpartisan on November 26, 2013 at 6:23 PM

Anything from the left is automatically a lecture. It’s how they roll. I mean, seriously, to anyone from the left, “bipartisanship” means making the conservatives kowtow to your demands.

After all, the left is represented by those great lecturers of Nanny U: Gore, Schumner & Bloomberg.

TKindred on November 26, 2013 at 6:28 PM

Doesn’t using a picture of a heavy calorie dessert item that encourages Obesity in NYC defeat this message of restraint?

Seriously, NYC Gotham financial bailout by the end of Obama’s term, it’s gonna happen.

PappyD61 on November 26, 2013 at 6:28 PM

nonpartisan on November 26, 2013 at 6:16 PM

You can push “non-lethal shotguns” on your family.

slickwillie2001 on November 26, 2013 at 6:28 PM

nonpartisan on November 26, 2013 at 6:26 PM

OK, here is my calm discussion on Obama care. Repeal it and quit tossing people off of their Health Insurance plans that they like and are happy with.

Repeal every single federal and State gun control law from the last 75 years and then we can have a nice friendly conversation, because not one single gun control law has prevented anyone from killing people anywhere.

Let’s start there.

Johnnyreb on November 26, 2013 at 6:29 PM

it’s not a lecture if its a two-way conversation

nonpartisan on November 26, 2013 at 6:23 PM

But it never is if there’s a liberal involved.
They can’t sustain a 2 way conversation.

dentarthurdent on November 26, 2013 at 6:29 PM

nonpartisan on November 26, 2013 at 6:26 PM

Do you find that the “calm discussion” usually leads to mom asking you when you think you’ll finally be getting out to look for a job?

Cicero43 on November 26, 2013 at 6:29 PM

dentarthurdent on November 26, 2013 at 6:27 PM

keep your head in the sand and comfort yourself in an echochamber…your growth as a human being is retarded by the level of diversity of thought to which you expose yourself

nonpartisan on November 26, 2013 at 6:29 PM

Don’t say “t*rget.” That’s a murder-word.

Cicero43 on November 26, 2013 at 6:22 PM

I did qualify it with festive.

Flange on November 26, 2013 at 6:30 PM

But it never is if there’s a liberal involved.
They can’t sustain a 2 way conversation.

dentarthurdent on November 26, 2013 at 6:29 PM

odd, I seem to recall even bill maher and ann coulter having a civil debate

nonpartisan on November 26, 2013 at 6:30 PM

nonpartisan on November 26, 2013 at 6:16 PM

Why do liberals think that they have the right to hijack an event like Thanksgiving and turn it into a sales pitch for Amway or time share condos?

Substantive conversations do not start with placemats preaching the horrors of the Second Amendment and the right to own firearms. That is one-sided propaganda. Designed to make sure you dim-witted mouth-breathing morons get the talking points out without having to listen to opposing viewpoints.

Happy Nomad on November 26, 2013 at 6:31 PM

The libs in my family tried this ONE time with me.

At my FATHERS (who owned a gunshop) funeral reception.

I grabbed the wife and kids and we left 5 plates of untouched food sitting there.

Dad would have been proud. We went for a walk in the woods instead.

wolly4321 on November 26, 2013 at 6:33 PM

Cicero43 on November 26, 2013 at 6:29 PM

I’m guessing that is when the crying and door slamming occurs. And the basement is a cold place to be when upset and the smells of Thanksgiving are still wafting through the house.

Happy Nomad on November 26, 2013 at 6:34 PM

nonpartisan on November 26, 2013 at 6:16 PM

Why are progs so fearful of non-antagonistic conversation with their loved ones? Would they prefer to talk about putting the right-wing Untermenschen in their place instead?

Dunedainn on November 26, 2013 at 6:34 PM

The libs in my family tried this ONE time with me.

At my FATHERS (who owned a gunshop) funeral reception.

Dad would have been proud. We went for a walk in the woods instead.

wolly4321 on November 26, 2013 at 6:33 PM

seems like very rude behavior to walk out when ppl have spent much time preparing such food

nonpartisan on November 26, 2013 at 6:34 PM

nonpartisan on November 26, 2013 at 6:34 PM

Seems like very rude behavior to speak ill of the dead.

Dunedainn on November 26, 2013 at 6:35 PM

nonpartisan on November 26, 2013 at 6:29 PM

There is no conversation and no growth when all libtards (like you) ALWAYS eventually reduce every conversation to racism, bigotry, and “you have to do it, well, because – for the planet”, and always try to couch every liberal concept in “common sense” and “reasonable” – when they most certainly are not – and the facts prove it.

But, go ahead and keep living in your unicorns and rainbows utopia where the real world laws of physics and economics don’t get in the way.

dentarthurdent on November 26, 2013 at 6:36 PM

Its punch-a-progtard in the nose holiday, apparently.

Murphy9 on November 26, 2013 at 6:37 PM

nonpartisan on November 26, 2013 at 6:26 PM

Nor did I reference ‘argue’. I am simply asking why does a holiday / festive celebratory meal with friends and family even needs to include a thoughtful, calm, partisan political discussion on substantive issues?

But rest assured, if my friends and family desire propaganda, but less substantive information, they generally turn to the LA Times, the three networks evening news, CNN, MSNBC, or the Comedy Channel. Well, maybe that’s not quite fair, every now and then Jon Stewart has something substantive.

Athos on November 26, 2013 at 6:37 PM

odd, I seem to recall even bill maher and ann coulter having a civil debate

nonpartisan on November 26, 2013 at 6:30 PM

I’ve never once seen you or any of your other OFA trolls get through an entire thread without resorting to the usual libtard garbage.

dentarthurdent on November 26, 2013 at 6:37 PM

nonpartisan on November 26, 2013 at 6:29 PM

Says the one who brings up “honey Boo Hoo”

VegasRick on November 26, 2013 at 6:38 PM

Crap. I already have to go over to my libs sister’s and my BIL’s place for Turkey Day. It’s like these guys want to wreck Thanksgiving.

trigon on November 26, 2013 at 6:39 PM

nonpartisan on November 26, 2013 at 6:26 PM

Putting a giant middle finger to one’s guests on one’s table hardly amounts to thoughtful or calm.

Dunedainn on November 26, 2013 at 6:40 PM

nonpartisan on November 26, 2013 at 6:29 PM

So what did you think of Special Report on Fox News tonight?

Happy Nomad on November 26, 2013 at 6:41 PM

How about a voter photo ID placemat?

talkingpoints on November 26, 2013 at 6:41 PM

nonpartisan on November 26, 2013 at 6:26 PM

Please pass the talking points, and the Yams.

portlandon on November 26, 2013 at 6:41 PM

sems like very rude behavior to walk out when ppl have spent much time preparing such food nonpartisan on November 26, 2013 at 6:34 PM

Eff you. It was catered and I helped pay for it. My father

You sure are one clueless effstick.

wolly4321 on November 26, 2013 at 6:41 PM

nonpartisan on November 26, 2013 at 6:26 PM

Here’s the problem: nothing you can say can possibly change my opinion on the 2nd Amendment, ObamaCare, abortion, taxation, property rights, immigration, teachers unions, or anything else you want to “discuss”. I am right, you are wrong. I value individual liberty, you value government control and collectivism.

Why would I waste my time?

PointnClick on November 26, 2013 at 6:42 PM

Thanksgiving is not a time for any debate. Everyone in this country has something to be thankful for. The Libs just don’t know it.

WryTrvllr on November 26, 2013 at 6:42 PM

Nothing like starting a family get-together with politics. Not a convo that gets going down in the family room while having a few beers after the meal, nope, right from the get-go as soon as you sit down.

And to think I used to wonder why lefties were always so unhappy.

Bishop on November 26, 2013 at 6:43 PM

nonpartisan on November 26, 2013 at 6:26 PM

There’s no discussion, dude. I can either agree and promise to do whatever the hell they tell me to do or the screaming starts. That’s not what I call a discussion. Dissent will not be tolerated in any form, whatsoever.

Of course, you welcome to go endure that minefield for a day for a turkey dinner. Really. I’ll go hit the Sonic.

trigon on November 26, 2013 at 6:43 PM

nonpartisanhack on November 26, 2013 at 6:26 PM

really, women are supposed to look like they had some bad botox injections?

nonpartisanhack on November 26, 2013 at 3:08 PM

It meant Sarah Palin but actually talked about Nancy Pelosi.

Leftists hate older women.

Schadenfreude on November 26, 2013 at 6:44 PM

Overheard at libfreeanddie’s or nonpartisans feast this week:

“I am liberal. Hear me roar. You think you have the right to enjoy a holiday without hearing about our plans for utopia and how if only everyone who opposes us would just get on the train to Dachau, we would all achieve joy!

Besides, how can you eat that turkey and not touch my yogurt and tofu sculpture of Harry’ Reid’s head? It has a special dose of patchouli! What more could you want?

What’s wrong with listening to my twenty hour recording of Barack, Barack Hmm hmmm? If it’s good enough for the Queen of England, it’s good enough for all of my family, right?

Besides, what do you have to be thankful for anyway? This entire holiday season just celebrates racism/sexism/white male stuff. Speak Powah to the Man, baby!

In fact, the only way we liberals will ever be happy is if you go out and sit naked on a pine tree with a branch shoved up your rear end while chanting “Hail, Obama, Marx, and Satan!” while trying to abort your children, no matter if they have already been born.

Wait, why are you aiming that gun at me? That’s violent, that is! Peace man! What do you mean, we’ll start the abortions with you? Nooooooo….. *KaBlam*”

Vanceone on November 26, 2013 at 6:44 PM

PS. You get time and a half for holiday pay, or did your flight get cancelled?

WryTrvllr on November 26, 2013 at 6:44 PM

Having tear away food stamps in the corners would have been a nice touch too. Maybe include an idea to set an extra symbolic plate at the table as “Turkey for Trayvon”,

BL@KBIRD on November 26, 2013 at 6:44 PM

How about a voter photo ID placemat?

talkingpoints on November 26, 2013 at 6:41 PM

Let’s talk about math! That should be fun!

VegasRick on November 26, 2013 at 6:44 PM

Next year’s Thanksgiving will be a hoot.

Schadenfreude on November 26, 2013 at 6:44 PM

How about a voter photo ID placemat?

talkingpoints on November 26, 2013 at 6:41 PM

How about a placemat that is nothing more than a placemat instead of a mini-lecture? It’s bad enough I’m having to spend hours with a vile liberal sister-in-law who will, I am sure, lecture us on the jewel that is Obamacare.

Happy Nomad on November 26, 2013 at 6:45 PM

nonpartisan on November 26, 2013 at 6:26 PM

Like…oh I don’t know…before voting on a 2,800 page bill that no one has read?

Bishop on November 26, 2013 at 6:45 PM

2014 – Thanksgiving

“Why have a substantive conversation about politics when you can give thanks for what you have?” –partisanhack

Schadenfreude on November 26, 2013 at 6:46 PM

Maybe if they had discussed politics at thankgiving in 1860, 1861…..

Yea,, that would have saved the day./

wolly4321 on November 26, 2013 at 6:46 PM

Progressives clearly have no idea what THANKSGIVING is about.

thatsafactjack on November 26, 2013 at 6:22 PM

Excellent post J. Spot on.

bazil9 on November 26, 2013 at 6:46 PM

nonpartisan on November 26, 2013 at 6:26 PM

Nor did I reference ‘argue’.

You still don’t explain why a festive celebratory dinner with friends and family needs to be focused around any discussion of ‘substantive issues’ like gun control, reproductive rights, poverty, homelessness, healthcare, or amnesty for illegal immigrants. That hardly seems like the time or place for any of these discussions. It cheapens the meaning of a dinner to give thanks – which, by the way, we do to God, and not government.

Furthermore, anytime a liberal references the concept of a ‘thoughtful, calm discussion on substantive issues’, that is little more than a code for – “Shut up and not only listen to what I am saying, but do it exactly as I say. I am right, and you are wrong.”

Athos on November 26, 2013 at 6:47 PM

Personally, I prefer killing turkeys WITH guns, rather than talking turkey about them.
Boom.
Die, turkey; die.

orangemtl on November 26, 2013 at 6:48 PM

BWaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahaha !! ! ! ! ! !

TX-96 on November 26, 2013 at 6:50 PM

Happy Nomad on November 26, 2013 at 6:45 PM

Make a placemat just for her with a Benghazi theme.

A photo of the bloody handprints, one of Stevens’ torn and tortured corpse, the burning building, a close up of Killary with a word balloon saying “What does it matter???”

Bishop on November 26, 2013 at 6:50 PM

Nothing that can’t be quickly fixed by a palm-heel to the cousin’s nose.

Midas on November 26, 2013 at 6:50 PM

odd, I seem to recall even bill maher and ann coulter having a civil debate

nonpartisan on November 26, 2013 at 6:30 PM

Must have been at Columbia right?

WryTrvllr on November 26, 2013 at 6:50 PM

Vanceone on November 26, 2013 at 6:44 PM

I object – to the last part of your script.
Neither one of those libtards would ever possess an evil gun.

dentarthurdent on November 26, 2013 at 6:50 PM

I doubt any libs will be showing up at my place for Thanksgiving dinner but if I get one I’m going to tell them “If you like your turkey dinner you can keep your turkey dinner” and then take it away.

VegasRick on November 26, 2013 at 6:52 PM

Gee, I see that partisan hack stuck around for the “Substantive conversation”. Typical lib, states his talking points, insults you then scrams before he can be fired on. I guess mom called and his spaghettio dinner was ready.

BeachBum on November 26, 2013 at 6:56 PM

nonpartisan on November 26, 2013 at 6:34 PM

You know you don’t want a ‘discussion’. You want a one-way lecture.

jon1979 on November 26, 2013 at 6:56 PM

I try to keep it simple with guests arriving for the holidays. For those “Berzerkly educated”, it’s quite simple. STFU! Otherwise, size 10 1/2 foot (mine) meets your fat ass as you go out the door.

So far, it’s worked!

GarandFan on November 26, 2013 at 6:56 PM

Happy Nomad on November 26, 2013 at 6:45 PM

Make a placemat just for her with a Benghazi theme.

Bishop on November 26, 2013 at 6:50 PM

I’ve got a couple gun cleaning mats with exploded diagrams of certain guns on them. I’m thinking I need a few more of those for the perfect full set of dinner placemats.

dentarthurdent on November 26, 2013 at 6:56 PM

Ah, dentarthurdent: you didn’t read close enough! The person with the evil gun isn’t the lib… it’s the other diners there just finally going liberal and exercising their right to conduct a post-birth abortion on their already born child/relative, via gunshot. The fact the victim happens to be the liberal who thinks that family gatherings are the perfect time to propagandize shouldn’t matter.

And won’t libfreeordie or our other liberals be so proud of his conservative relatives embrace of abortion, even as he or she lies there bleeding out? :)

Vanceone on November 26, 2013 at 6:57 PM

Make a placemat just for her with a Benghazi theme.

Bishop on November 26, 2013 at 6:50 PM

If my parents (who are hosting) wouldn’t kill me for doing it, I’d so be on the computer doing that right now! ROTFLMAO!

Happy Nomad on November 26, 2013 at 6:57 PM

Vanceone on November 26, 2013 at 6:57 PM

My apologies – I missed that.
Well, in that case – bravo – the perfect ending.

dentarthurdent on November 26, 2013 at 6:59 PM

thread winner? blink on November 26, 2013 at 6:55 PM

Got my vote!

wolly4321 on November 26, 2013 at 6:59 PM

I’ll eat, talk, hang out for the entire day, and just as the liberal cousins are leaving I’ll say “You realize I was wearing a gun the entire day, right?” while giving them a crazy, shiite-eating, Ed Gein grin.

Bishop on November 26, 2013 at 7:00 PM

Inspired by AP’s post yesterday, instead of shifting strategy via preemption I was thinking of preempting via doubling down strategy on raising awareness. To do so, I plan to take an eye-patch with me and if anyone starts with Obamacare or gun control, I’ll don my eye-patch and, in an a mock agitated state, constantly refer to them by name — Michonne or Herschel — when I tell them I’m not interested in talking about it.

Dusty on November 26, 2013 at 7:02 PM

thatsafactjack on November 26, 2013 at 6:22 PM

Not a bad strategy, but I think I’d prefer one where the unwanted Obama salesman finds himself, coat in hand, on the front stoop.

Happy Nomad on November 26, 2013 at 7:03 PM

WTH? Since when did Americans need to be propagandized at every turn? You know what this could result in if they don’t stop? UNREST. Leave people the f alone on Thanksgiving. It’s not a time for government intrusion, it’s a time for family gatherings and giving thanks, and you know who WONT be on the list of things people give thanks for? THE GOVERNMENT. GAAAAA!

scalleywag on November 26, 2013 at 7:03 PM

Bishop on November 26, 2013 at 7:00 PM

Lol! Good way to get them to leave early as well – start cleaning youw weapons in the living room!

VegasRick on November 26, 2013 at 7:03 PM

Vanceone on November 26, 2013 at 6:57 PM

My apologies – I missed that.
Well, in that case – bravo – the perfect ending.

dentarthurdent on November 26, 2013 at 6:59 PM

In fact that’s how I have really wanted to end some conversations with my wife’s younger sister – who is a diehard tree-hugging libtard. She and her former BF, who is a worse libtard, used to come for visits and stay at our house, for free (instead of paying for a hotel room), and try to lecture us on how bad we are to have such a big, mother-earth unfriendly house and cars. They would actually collect all glass bottles used while at our house and haul them back to Washington state with them for recycling – because we don’t recycle glass here.

Whenever she visits, most conversations eventually steer briefly into politics and then abruptly end because “we obviously can’t talk about that”.

dentarthurdent on November 26, 2013 at 7:04 PM

nonpartisan on November 26, 2013 at 6:26 PM

Cicero43 on November 26, 2013 at 6:29 PM

lol, I’m thinking it’s two ways. Either she goes, “geez, get your ass to work”, or “mommy has some nice cookies for you sweetie. Don’t let those bad people on HA make fun of you.”

arnold ziffel on November 26, 2013 at 7:04 PM

OT- breaking,,

Tuscon . 3 girls like cincinati. Don’t know much.
Held for years.

wolly4321 on November 26, 2013 at 7:04 PM

nonpartisan on November 26, 2013 at 6:34 PM

and forcing views on someone at a f*ing funeral isn’t?
damn you really are a piece of sh*t.

dmacleo on November 26, 2013 at 7:05 PM

This idea is better suited to the flip side of the New England Pilgrim churches “Day of Thanksgiving”. The “Day of Fasting”, where dour and sour Pilgrims sat around hungry and cranky to appease the heavens. You could b*tch your way through a lot of things with no meal breaks.

BL@KBIRD on November 26, 2013 at 7:06 PM

nonpartisan on November 26, 2013 at 6:34 PM

Really trying to picture the ‘Family Dinner” at this house.

Keep coming up with clenched fists and alot of cats.

BigWyo on November 26, 2013 at 7:06 PM

Just wait till these loons control enough to actually monitor your holiday dinners!

PattyJ on November 26, 2013 at 7:08 PM

VegasRick on November 26, 2013 at 7:03 PM

I’m coming to the table wearing only a coonskin cap, my skivvies, and a tactical belt with .45 and about 7 extra mags. I’ll spend the entire meal muttering “Godammit!” at random times and squeezing one of those little rubber toys where the eyes pop in and out.

Go full retard on those cousins of mine, it will be epic.

Bishop on November 26, 2013 at 7:08 PM

Thread winner?

blink on November 26, 2013 at 6:55 PM

I liked it.

Dusty on November 26, 2013 at 7:12 PM

I have tired of the breast cancer and prostate crap pooping on my sports. These type of efforts to poison Thanksgiving are just silly and annoying.

CWchangedhisNicagain on November 26, 2013 at 7:14 PM