Video: Bush does “The Tonight Show”

posted at 11:21 am on November 20, 2013 by Allahpundit

A morning palate cleanser, fortuitously timed to coincide with The One’s approval rating sinking ever closer to the depths reached by Dubya in his second term. Per The Hill, Obama may already be less popular than Bush ever was with … congressional Democrats:

Sources who attended a meeting of House chiefs of staff on Monday say the room was seething with anger over the immense damage being done to the Democratic Party and talk was of scrapping rollout events for the Affordable Care Act.

“Here we are, we’re supposed to be selling this to people, and it’s all screwed up,” one chief of staff ranted. “This either gets fixed or this could be the demise of the Democratic Party.

“It’s probably the worst I’ve ever seen it,” the aide said of the recent mood on Capitol Hill. “It’s bad. It’s really bad.”…

“Is [Obama] even more unpopular than George W. Bush? I think that’s already happened,” said one Democratic chief of staff…

“The only way he can really make it up to us is by fixing this s–t,” one Democratic House aide said.

Sorry, pal — Sebelius hinted yesterday that the s–t won’t be fixed anytime soon. As for Bush, well-received appearances like this plus the fact that he’s been so gracious as an ex-president in refusing to criticize O makes me wonder if he won’t be quite as radioactive to GOP candidates in the 2016 campaign as he was in 2008 and 2012. No one’s going to mention him on foreign policy but you may see the hawkish candidates like Christie defend continued NSA surveillance and drone strikes by emphasizing that it was Bush, not Obama, who pioneered them. Christie, in fact, has patterned his own presidential pitch after Bush’s strategy in the late 90s, running up a big margin in a gubernatorial race with help from Latino voters and citing that as proof that he can play with demographics that other GOPers can’t. Depending upon what happens over the next two years with amnesty, you may even see Christie, Scott Walker, and other fans of immigration reform celebrate Bush for having tried to pass something in 2007. No one will use the words “compassionate conservatism” but that theme will be there, however it’s phrased. Unless of course Jeb decides to run, in which case everyone else in the field will turn on a dime and proclaim the Bush era an unmitigated disaster that must never be repeated.

If you’re pressed for time and can’t watch it all, stick with the first two clips. Although then you’ll miss Leno’s ObamaCare joke.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

The leader and the man

Schadenfreude on November 20, 2013 at 11:23 AM

Even when not President, he acts more Presidential than this crowd…

and…BISHOP!

BlaxPac on November 20, 2013 at 11:23 AM

He had/has his fleas, and can be faulted a lot, but, especially compared to the current Fraud and Destroyer in Chief, he was superior by eons.

And, how classy “It doesn’t help to talk about my successor”, the goon who belittles him almost daily.

Schadenfreude on November 20, 2013 at 11:25 AM

What would be funny if Bush painted a picture of the Obama/Mao hybird.

Oil Can on November 20, 2013 at 11:26 AM

“Depending upon what happens over the next two years with amnesty, you may even see Christie, Scott Walker, and other fans of immigration reform celebrate Bush for having tried to pass something in 2007.”

FYI: Walker backtracked on amnesty, Allah: http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/11/19/Exclusive-Gov-Scott-Walker-I-don-t-support-amnesty-or-pathway-to-citizenship-mainstream-took-me-out-of-context

cdog0613 on November 20, 2013 at 11:26 AM

BlaxPac, watch the Perino, and forgive :)

Bishop is always first, no matter what.

Back to Bush. They called him “Bushchimpey” and look what is now in the WH.

Schadenfreude on November 20, 2013 at 11:26 AM

Obama/Mao hybird.

Oil Can on November 20, 2013 at 11:26 AM

It’s a type but it’s also Freudian. He is a bird, a turkey, who flopped to earth, and is now all dust.

Schadenfreude on November 20, 2013 at 11:27 AM

itsonlywords on November 20, 2013 at 11:28 AM

Did not always agree with GW on his policies, but I have always respected him and Laura as classy people. Makes me proud to be from the same hometown!

ihasurnominashun on November 20, 2013 at 11:28 AM

May we get someone even half as humble in the White House in 2017. Because Obama is such an arrogant superstar, I really can’t stand watching him or listening to him.

Paul-Cincy on November 20, 2013 at 11:28 AM

LOL…I’m connected through a app @ work to the site so response time is …lacking.

Dang it, Schad you beat me to it by on {..} much!

BlaxPac on November 20, 2013 at 11:29 AM

Schadenfreude on November 20, 2013 at 11:25 AM

Yeah, this is pretty much how I feel about him.

Doomberg on November 20, 2013 at 11:29 AM

ihasurnominashun on November 20, 2013 at 11:28 AM

Laura’s amazing. What did W say … he married way out of his class. Something like that.

Paul-Cincy on November 20, 2013 at 11:30 AM

One classy couple

Sigh

Miss you

cmsinaz on November 20, 2013 at 11:30 AM

Such a man of class and integrity. Count me among the many who would take him, fleas and all for another 50 years if it meant not one more day of the thief and liar that occupies the White House now or any of the crooks in the Democratic party.

He wasn’t a perfect President, particularly when Botox Brain managed to convince him that her 2006 victories meant the nation needed more Socialism, but there’s never doubt that he’s a good honest man. I could respectfully disagree with him even when he yielded to the left and not have to fear that his errors weren’t part of a deliberate effort to undermine the nation.

Gingotts on November 20, 2013 at 11:31 AM

type = typo

Schadenfreude on November 20, 2013 at 11:35 AM

Dang it, Schad you beat me to it by on {..} much!

BlaxPac on November 20, 2013 at 11:29 AM

Bishop is first.

You’re second :)

Cheers

Schadenfreude on November 20, 2013 at 11:37 AM

Better him than me!

Lol!

canopfor on November 20, 2013 at 11:38 AM

Interesting that he appeared on Leno last night. Is there something he’s promoting like a book? I know Leno said at the beginning that they just invited him and he accepted, but the timing seems awfully interesting considering how a lot of drive-bys are comparing the two Presidents with respect to the polls. You’d almost think subconsciously that Dubya is sending a message to the country that things weren’t so bad under him after all.

Doughboy on November 20, 2013 at 11:40 AM

Nyet on amnesty, no matter what.

Aside from all, compare Laura Bush to the First Tramp.

Schadenfreude on November 20, 2013 at 11:43 AM

Schadenfreude on November 20, 2013 at 11:25 AM

Obama is going to be the most bitter ex-President in history. It’s all about O. He is going to haunt who ever is in the White House with public displays of criticism. Something like a Louis Farrakhan, but not as overt. Even years after his term ended.

Oil Can on November 20, 2013 at 11:43 AM

Dayam that man can paint! That is a GOOD man and Laura has more class in her little finger than the mooch has in her entire body. Dubya loves Texas and Texas loves him!

neyney on November 20, 2013 at 11:43 AM

MeanWhile, ..back at the DNC Zoo:

President Obama awards Presidential Medal of Freedom, November 2013
4m
====

President Obama on former President Bill Clinton at Medal of Freedom ceremony: ‘He wanted to make sure he made life better and easier for so many people’ – live video
=======================================

canopfor on November 20, 2013 at 11:44 AM

Man, did this make me miss the good ol’ days.

HiJack on November 20, 2013 at 11:46 AM

And he didn’t make any smartazz comments about
Special Olympics…..

..really sticks in your Crawl Lefties that Bush is Miles
above your Captain Sh*tbag, doesn’t it??

ToddPA on November 20, 2013 at 11:46 AM

Doughboy on November 20, 2013 at 11:40 AM

The President said he agreed to come on for Jay, because he is in his last year of the show.

slickwillie2001 on November 20, 2013 at 11:46 AM

Jeb Bush in 2016? Ugh. He could be the epitome of a Reagan Conservative, there’s absolutely NO WAY he’d EVER be elected because his last name is radioactive. Hell, *I* am a big Conservative, and I’d never, ever vote for the guy. We’re doomed for yet another Presidential election if this is our guy.

JenBee on November 20, 2013 at 11:46 AM

Beautiful human being. Warts and all.

CurtZHP on November 20, 2013 at 11:48 AM

I hope Obama upholds the Dem ex-POTUS tradition of interloping. He won’t have TOTUS anymore to hide his stammering gibberish.

Christien on November 20, 2013 at 11:49 AM

Gracious, humble, a quiet wit. I really like this man. Say what you want about his policies, he brought class and character to the oval office.

telmah on November 20, 2013 at 11:51 AM

My gold standard for kindness and compassion is the Dalai Lama. I can trust and count on what he says.

Dalai Lama: I love George W. Bush

President George W. Bush has an adoring fan — in none other than the Dalai Lama.

Asked about the people he’s met who have really impressed him, the Tibetan leader-in-exile said during a sit-down with CNN’s Piers Morgan that other than Nelson Mandela — whom he considers “quite impressive” — he also admires Bush.

“I love President Bush,” the Dalai Lama said.

“Which one?” Morgan asked.

“The younger one.”

Clearly taken aback by the answer, Morgan quipped, “Really?”

“Yes, really,” the Dalai Lama insisted, before adding, “As a human being. Not as a president of America. Sometimes his policy may not be very, very successful. But as a person, as a human being, very nice person. I love him.”

Paul-Cincy on November 20, 2013 at 11:51 AM

Nyet on amnesty, no matter what.

Aside from all, compare Laura Bush to the First Tramp.

Schadenfreude on November 20, 2013 at 11:43 AM

We also don’t expect cameltoe from First Ladies:

slickwillie2001 on November 20, 2013 at 11:51 AM

I always liked him personally. I just wish he would have fought the Left. Never lifted a finger against them — some kind of dry-drunk Christian determination not to “sink to their level.” A big mistake. He caused lasting damage because of this.

rrpjr on November 20, 2013 at 11:53 AM

Man, did this make me miss the good ol’ days.

HiJack on November 20, 2013 at 11:46 AM

Yes, the 1980s were pretty good.

rickv404 on November 20, 2013 at 11:54 AM

telmah on November 20, 2013 at 11:51 AM

Indeed.

And considering we had such a lack of class and character in the Oval Office for the 8 years before him and will have for the 8 years after him.

Bitter Clinger on November 20, 2013 at 12:00 PM

Schadenfreude on November 20, 2013 at 11:27 AM

Just in time for Thanksgiving!

Maddie on November 20, 2013 at 12:00 PM

itsonlywords on November 20, 2013 at 11:28 AM

That was the very first thing that came to mind as I saw that part of the show. I then thought how we went from a good and decent couple in the WH, as classy as they come, to the Chicago equivalent of trailer trash.

TXUS on November 20, 2013 at 12:01 PM

slickwillie2001 on November 20, 2013 at 11:46 AM

Bush seems like a classy enough guy that I’ll take him at his word. But I have to believe at least part of him feels vindicated by what’s happened to Obama in the last couple months. He’s right that history will judge his Presidency. And being able to juxtapose his 8 years with Obama’s will be enlightening for many in this country.

Doughboy on November 20, 2013 at 12:01 PM

Pfft! A crummy handmade gift that took hours to make? Was the White House gift shop closed? He could’ve at least given Jay an iPod or DVDs.

Christien on November 20, 2013 at 12:08 PM

God bless him. No matter how much I might disagree with Bush on certain policy issues the man has always been a joy as a person. Unlike the current arrogant, self absorbed, narcissist that currently occupies the WH. Bush should be giving Obama lessons on how to be a human being.

NotCoach on November 20, 2013 at 12:10 PM

NotCoach on November 20, 2013 at 12:11 PM

What would be funny if Bush painted a picture of the Obama/Mao hybird.

Oil Can on November 20, 2013 at 11:26 AM

It’s racist for a white man to paint a picture of a black man.

slickwillie2001 on November 20, 2013 at 12:12 PM

I bet even a lot of Donks miss Dubya.

HiJack on November 20, 2013 at 12:13 PM

I bet even a lot of Donks miss Dubya.

HiJack on November 20, 2013 at 12:13 PM

The unemployed ones, maybe.

slickwillie2001 on November 20, 2013 at 12:14 PM

Pfft! A crummy handmade gift that took hours to make? Was the White House gift shop closed? He could’ve at least given Jay an iPod or DVDs of himself.

Christien on November 20, 2013 at 12:08 PM

Fixed, to lower the bar to Dear Leader’s level.

HiJack on November 20, 2013 at 12:15 PM

Just in time for Thanksgiving!

Maddie on November 20, 2013 at 12:00 PM

Perfect.

Cheers!!!

Schadenfreude on November 20, 2013 at 12:15 PM

Doughboy, I think the timing has more to do with Leno than with Bush. Leno’s getting kicked to the curb next year, so if he ever wanted to have Bush come on, now’s the time.

grahampowell on November 20, 2013 at 12:20 PM

“Does anyone else think that if Obama presented Leno with a portrait he had painted himself, it would be of…Obama?”

That is classic! And it would have at the bottom, “I,I,I,I…”

xdwall on November 20, 2013 at 12:20 PM

W is a real likable, decent guy. Too bad he was a lousy POTUS.

Punchenko on November 20, 2013 at 12:25 PM

I know this is linked already, but it’s so cool.

Schadenfreude on November 20, 2013 at 12:26 PM

That was great.

I still think Steve Forbes would have been a better President, but Bush seems like an honorable guy.

mankai on November 20, 2013 at 12:26 PM

What I really wanted to see was the crowd reaction at his entrance. It’s missing from all the videos online?

faol on November 20, 2013 at 12:29 PM

We also don’t expect cameltoe from First Ladies:

slickwillie2001 on November 20, 2013 at 11:51 AM

You made a big investment in the Amalgamated Eye Bleach Company, didn’t you?

I bet even a lot of Donks miss Dubya.

HiJack on November 20, 2013 at 12:13 PM

Judging by the audience reaction, I think they already do.

turfmann on November 20, 2013 at 12:30 PM

If you read the article from the Daily Beast, you will immediately notice that the author starts out by trashing George Bush. That’s what he wants to the reader to take away this story. Bush being on the Tonight Show is just secondary, oh by the way former President Bush was on Jeno Leno last night. The headline is just a hook to lure people in to read this author’s tired old recycled rantings.

susandiane311 on November 20, 2013 at 12:30 PM

The current goon hasn’t a worry in the world.

Schadenfreude on November 20, 2013 at 12:30 PM

I bet even a lot of Donks miss Dubya.

HiJack on November 20, 2013 at 12:13 PM

Indeed

Schadenfreude on November 20, 2013 at 12:32 PM

Schadenfreude on November 20, 2013 at 12:26 PM

..ya gotta believe W is awesome. Bet he even has a bigger swag that President Stool Sample.

The War Planner on November 20, 2013 at 12:33 PM

The old lady is right “we’ve had enough Bushs”.

NO more of them, no more Clintons, Kennedys and obamas.

The USA is not a kingdom.

Schadenfreude on November 20, 2013 at 12:38 PM

The War Planner on November 20, 2013 at 12:33 PM

Bad link, my brother.

Schadenfreude on November 20, 2013 at 12:39 PM

W is a real likable, decent guy. Too bad he was a lousy POTUS.

Punchenko on November 20, 2013 at 12:25 PM

He tried too hard to get along with the left. Doomed to failure, of course.

Kind of like Christie is promising to do now.

There Goes the Neighborhood on November 20, 2013 at 12:46 PM

Great videos of a great man. I miss him. And his paintings were very impressive!

Jack_Burton on November 20, 2013 at 12:46 PM

Dear Leader plays golf…so there!

d1carter on November 20, 2013 at 12:49 PM

susandiane311 on November 20, 2013 at 12:30 PM

Bush should be trashed. He has no class and no one should miss him. He is a mediocrity who wouldn’t be where he is without daddy. He, and his party in congress, behaved no differently from Democrats, and considered 9/11 as their justification for such behavior. So, we naturally get a Democrat to succeed him, just like his father, and we get a Democrat congress. My hope would be the Bushes are the last Republicans to be president – the end of the GOP. Unfortunately, that doesn’t seem to be the case. President Christie, anyone?

rickv404 on November 20, 2013 at 12:49 PM

itsonlywords on November 20, 2013 at 11:28 AM

You are so right! Didn’t Obama give the Queen recordings of his speeches or something like that? Great analogy ha ha.

lea on November 20, 2013 at 12:51 PM

This is what I always remember when I think of GWB. For many people it’s the bullhorn. For others it’s Katrina. For others it’s the financial meltdown of 2008.

For me, it’s this.

I didn’t agree with him on many things. Sometimes I vehemently disagreed with him. But he’s a class act and a great leader.

I wrote this about him just before inauguration day in 2009.

And now I have three links in this post, so it’ll take hours before it appears on Hot Air.

Chris of Rights on November 20, 2013 at 12:52 PM

susandiane311 on November 20, 2013 at 12:30 PM

I think that all backfires, anyway. The writer rants on like leftists always do.

Gone was the president who lost the popular vote to Al Gore by half a million ballots but was handed the White House anyway by the Republican majority on the Supreme Court; whose national security team ignored actionable intelligence about a coming al Qaeda attack on the United States; who entangled the nation in a costly, bloody preemptive war against Iraq under false pretenses, using cooked-up evidence; who terribly mishandled the occupation of that damaged and alien country, causing even more death and destruction; who sanctioned official torture and other human rights violations but didn’t get Osama bin Laden; who, at the start of his second term, tragically botched the federal government’s response to Hurricane Katrina; and who presided over a massive financial meltdown that sent Wall Street tumbling into the abyss and resulted in one of the worst recessions in American history.

That guy? Nowhere to be seen.

You can’t see “that guy,” because he only existed in the fevered imaginations of the left. Without a fevered-left-media to help them out, people start seeing W for what he was.

There Goes the Neighborhood on November 20, 2013 at 12:53 PM

For all of W’s problems, I still look back fondly on his time in office as a time when this country had a president that didn’t actively hate his own country.

JimLennon on November 20, 2013 at 12:56 PM

itsonlywords on November 20, 2013 at 11:28 AM

No, he would present Leno with a DVD of his Speeches…

ToddPA on November 20, 2013 at 12:59 PM

rickv404 on November 20, 2013 at 12:49 PM

LOL! The rickv403 Unit was much funnier. Wasn’t aware we still had Troofers here at Hot Gas!

A+

Now before I laugh at you some more, please tell me and the assembled throng exactly how you would have had Chimpy Bush prevent the 9/11 attacks that Clinton left him, in a matter that you and your fellow travelers would approve of.

Del Dolemonte on November 20, 2013 at 1:13 PM

Problem is, the underlying law is s–t to begin with. So, even with a functioning website, there is still going to be sticker shock, followed by many people just choosing to pay the fine (often because they have no economic choice -it’s one thing to cut back discretionary spending ~$300 every month and put it into shiny new Obamasurance, it’s entirely another thing if you don’t HAVE an extra ~$300 every month, and you can’t cut back on other essentials), followed by the death spiral, ending up with bankrupt insurance companies and even more people uninsured than before Obamacare was enacted.

Sorry Mr. Democrat House aide, only way to fix this s–t is to do what most people do with s–t. Flush it down the toilet. Repeal.

djm1992 on November 20, 2013 at 1:15 PM

Lord, I miss this man and his bride.

crosshugger on November 20, 2013 at 1:15 PM

I just took the time to watch all the videos.

What class and what humanity.

Schadenfreude on November 20, 2013 at 1:16 PM

cdog0613

I bet he has, lol. Polls tend to have that effect on some people. How pathetic to claim now…FOUR MONTHS LATER….that he didn’t really come out in support of amnesty, lol.

xblade on November 20, 2013 at 1:20 PM

rickv404 on November 20, 2013 at 12:49 PM

No offense but I hope you won’t mind if I decline your self appointment as the arbitrator of class.

Cindy Munford on November 20, 2013 at 1:35 PM

Oil Can on November 20, 2013 at 11:43 AM

Like Jimmuh Carter…the second worst president we ever had.

Bevan on November 20, 2013 at 1:37 PM

The leader and the man

Schadenfreude on November 20, 2013 at 11:23 AM

This was awesome. Thank you for sharing. The man is a class act.

GOPRanknFile on November 20, 2013 at 1:41 PM

That painting is really good! That man has some talent. I’m glad he is enjoying his retirement. He’s earned that and my respect along with it.

Obama will never go away like Bush has. If a Republican succeeds him, he will be Jimmy Carter on ‘roids! I wouldn’t be shocked at all if he actively worked to undermine Israel, our military and of course whomever is sitting in the WH! He will show himself as the traitor he truly is.

JAM on November 20, 2013 at 1:42 PM

GW and Bono. Mindboggling that two white guys from opposite sides of the political universe have done more for the people of Africa than all of the rest of the Lefty 1% put together.

Did you notice that when Jay asked about his charity work with wounded vets, GW did not immediate start with “I” or “me”, but described Jay’s contribution and his own admiration for the men?

deadman on November 20, 2013 at 1:46 PM

Bush had an adversarial press that faulted him for everything.

0bama has a fawning, supportive press that ignore or spin his screw-ups.

There is no comparison. Having the press is worth 15 points.

iurockhead on November 20, 2013 at 1:51 PM

I was watching last night when I saw the President Bush was going to be a guest.

I thought the crowd was going to bring down the roof. They were ecstatic to see him, clapping, whistling, and screaming their approval when he appeared on stage. They had began by roaring their approval when his name as guest was mentioned. …..and,this was California.

Don’t care what the Daily Beast author tried to imply/say by its twisted reporting of his appearance in the attempt to downplay his acceptance……. he charmed the pants off everyone in the audience.

What a comparison to the complete and utter fool/incompetent we now have in the W.H.

After 5 years with the present imposter, whining/crying/blaming others, it was hugely encouraging to see what a real President can act like and sound like. Not to mention to raising of spirits that can happen when listening to what a real President sounds/acts like.

What I wouldn’t give to see him in office again.

avagreen on November 20, 2013 at 2:05 PM

deadman on November 20, 2013 at 1:46 PM

Correct! I noticed that, too. That’s what a gracious person does.

avagreen on November 20, 2013 at 2:07 PM

The man is a class act.

GOPRanknFile on November 20, 2013 at 1:41 PM

You’re welcome, and indeed he is. So is Laura Bush. They have more class than all the clowns in DC now.

Schadenfreude on November 20, 2013 at 2:28 PM

Chris of Rights on November 20, 2013 at 12:52 PM

Wow. I was already on the edge after watching those videos. Reading that story and seeing the photo put me over the edge.

It’s not that I missed 43 so much as 44 doesn’t deserve comparison. What a likeable guy 43 is. I was moved by his warmth, selflessness, and humor. I miss this country’s non-cancerous past.

freedomfirst on November 20, 2013 at 2:31 PM

deadman on November 20, 2013 at 1:46 PM

That’s what true leaders do – and I consider W to be one of them.

Not to distract from W, but in this respect, watch a post-game press conference with Peyton Manning some time. He takes the blame for anything that went wrong, and he credits other players for all the good stuff. That’s leadership – something the current WH occupant would know nothing about.

dentarthurdent on November 20, 2013 at 2:43 PM

Total class.

Shame how things have so devolved.

BKeyser on November 20, 2013 at 2:45 PM

Visionary

Green Muse on November 20, 2013 at 2:52 PM

… The humility of the man is refreshing. Can’t wait until Obama is out of office… likely to take carter’s position causing problems with dictators.

Karmashock on November 20, 2013 at 2:54 PM

I miss him.

claudius on November 20, 2013 at 3:28 PM

Roger Ailes will find a way to get Leno on Fox payroll before next year is out.

Cindy Munford on November 20, 2013 at 3:33 PM

Roger Ailes will find a way to get Leno on Fox payroll before next year is out.

Cindy Munford on November 20, 2013 at 3:33 PM

Here’s hoping. No one can be as dumb as his bosses.

Schadenfreude on November 20, 2013 at 3:51 PM

Wish he followed up on Jays Obamacare joke after he quit
laughing with a “Miss me yet” but he’s too classy.

I sure miss him.

Texyank on November 20, 2013 at 4:02 PM

That’s what true leaders do – and I consider W to be one of them.

dentarthurdent on November 20, 2013 at 2:43 PM

It’s usually easy to tell when people are not motivated by their egos – they don’t tend to pettily shift blame or attack others when things go awry.

GWB and Peyton come off as mature because they are. Preezy Choom and other Dumbocrat politicians, however? BWAHAHAHAHA!!!

Anti-Control on November 20, 2013 at 4:22 PM

Anti-Control on November 20, 2013 at 4:22 PM

And they typically have a self-deprecating sense of humor.
You can see that in most of Peyton’s commercials, and watch the video of W at the Washington Press Club Dinner – the one where he did a bit with a Bush impersonator – where W says something, then the impersonator says what W “really wanted to say” – absolutely hilarious.
Something the current thin-skinned narcissistic wonder could never do.

dentarthurdent on November 20, 2013 at 4:37 PM

The leader and the man

Schadenfreude on November 20, 2013 at 11:23 AM

I know a metric crap ton of nice guys, and they would suck as a president as well.

DFCtomm on November 20, 2013 at 4:54 PM

What a great interview…I love his humor…what genuine people they are, Laura and George W…Unlike our current overlords in the white house

sadsushi on November 20, 2013 at 8:12 PM

deadman on November 20, 2013 at 1:46 PM

This.

Freelancer on November 20, 2013 at 8:54 PM

avagreen on November 20, 2013 at 2:05 PM

No, it was Burbank. The eastern half of the San Fernando Valley is more conservative than the reddest portion of Orange County. People there work for a living, and know the difference between depending upon each other or sucking the government teat.

Freelancer on November 20, 2013 at 8:58 PM

I still remember Bush’s greatest Thanksgiving moment of spending it with the troops in Iraq during the war. That showed his true character.

hadsil on November 20, 2013 at 9:11 PM

Wow. Haven’t seen Bush in a long time. The contrast with Obama is really striking. Watching Obama is like watching a spoiled 4 year old pretend to be president. Remember when the POTUS was an actual grown up?

bitsy on November 20, 2013 at 9:20 PM