Quotes of the day

posted at 10:41 pm on November 19, 2013 by Allahpundit

Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker is no fan of President Barack Obama’s Affordable Care Act. He didn’t accept an expansion of Medicaid or set up a federal healthcare exchange. But he has a message for other Republicans who may be looking to exploit the White House’s political misfortunes: “Don’t spike the ball.”

“In the end, it gives me no comfort that there are people in my state who will fall through the cracks because of the failure of the federal government kind of puts them in no-mans land,” Walker said, “I think as Republicans, people across America are going to expect us to be as disappointed as they are.”

“I think Republicans need to be careful so that in no way do we look like we’re piling on,” he continued. “Because if you do, my guess is the next move on the left will be to try and seize on it if that were to happen, look, somehow we sabotaged this, that we’re the ones to blame. It’s a ridiculous intellectual argument, but from an emotional standpoint, you can see how it could happen.”

***

Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker (R) says he supports a pathway to citizenship for immigrants living in the country illegally as part of an overhaul of the nation’s immigration system.

“If people want to come here and work hard and benefit, I don’t care whether they come from Mexico or Ireland or Germany or Canada or South Africa or anywhere else,” Walker said Tuesday during an interview with the Daily Herald Media Editorial Board of Wisconsin. “I want them here.”

Walker was then asked about the estimated 11 million immigrants living in the country illegally. The editorial board asked if he could “envision a world where with the right penalties and waiting periods and meet the requirements where those people could get citizenship?”

“Sure,” Walker responded. “I mean I think it makes sense.”

***

Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker is an eagle scout and a potential 2016 Republican presidential candidate. One thing he isn’t is a college graduate, and that may soon change.

Walker left Marquette University in his senior year before finishing his degree. In a meeting with reporters last week hosted by National Review, Walker explained the surprising gap in his resume. In his second and third years at school, Walker worked part-time for IBM in Milwaukee. Shortly before senior year, the local IBM office was relocated to Illinois, but Walker’s client, the American Red Cross, offered him a job, which turned out to be full time.

“The reason I went to college, in large part, was not just to get an education for an education’s sake, but to get a job,” Walker said of his decision to drop out of school. At first he tried to be a part time student, but quickly the births of his children took that option off the table.

The missing bachelors may seem odd, but it’s one reason Walker’s appeal in the GOP is only rising.

***

“I was asked by Jon Karl [of ABC News] who my ideal candidate would be,” Walker said at the gathering known as the New York Meeting. “I didn’t rule people out. I said to me, I think it should be a governor. … If we’re going to beat somebody like Hillary Clinton, we’ve got to have somebody from outside of Washington who’s got a proven record of reform, and frankly to me that could be any one of the 30 Republican governors.”

Walker also took a shot at the last Republican nominee, former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney, when a panelist asked how Republicans could win if an economic message like Romney’s wasn’t enough in 2012. Walker said that Romney “would have been a spectacular president” but that his message failed to break through.

“If Mitt Romney ran on an economic message, he could have fooled me, because I didn’t hear it in Wisconsin,” Walker said to scattered applause.

***

If you are a Republican and you like New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, then you probably already have your candidate for the 2016 presidential campaign. If you do not like Christie, then your candidate for 2016 is Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker

“[N]o one checks as many boxes as Walker does,” as an Iowa GOP strategist puts it. Walker has near hero status in the grassroots for taking on Wisconsin’s public sector unions. Cruz talks about taking stands on principle, but he lost his fight. Walker took a stand, was targeted by the full force of the Democratic machine, and stayed alive. He won a recall election with a larger margin than his original victory. He raised $30 million for that race, so he knows how to tap wealthy donors. Social conservatives also consider him one of their own for his pro-life views and his pedigree: His father was a Baptist minister.

Jindal and Perry have supporters in conservative circles, but Jindal can’t match Walker’s union-slaying story and Perry’s accomplishments won’t help him overcome the memories of his disastrous 2012 run. If the incentive is to pick a Christie alternative who can survive, it also helps if the candidate comes from a battleground state—even better if they come from a swing state in the Midwest. Walker also brings helpful connections to Iowa, that early caucus state. Besides governing in nearby Wisconsin, Walker grew up in Iowa. Right now GOP operatives describe the competition in the Hawkeye State as one between Rand Paul (whose forces control the state party) and Sen. Ted Cruz (who excites the base).

***

Beyond that, he’ll have to decide if he wants to go up against Ryan, should his longtime friend and ally decide to run. This seems even more improbable than a Jeb Bush vs. Sen. Marco Rubio face-off. If Walker decides to go forward, he’ll need to figure out if he can compete for fundraising dollars with such figures as Christie, Texas Gov. Rick Perry and Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.), all of whom have much higher visibility and established national fundraising networks. He’s unlikely to be able to match these contenders up front, so like many candidates (e.g. Mike Huckabee, Rick Santorum) he will have to do well in Iowa (certainly possible since he is right next door and a household name) to propel him into New Hampshire and beyond. That means a lot of time in a neighboring state. Beyond that (quite a bit, I grant you), he needs to put in place a presidential campaign-level team and get up to speed on foreign policy.

But the question he and every other candidate will have to answer is: Why him? “Everyone’s second choice” was not a winning formula for former governor Tim Pawlenty. And chances are there will be more than one governor in the race, so executive achievement may be necessary but not sufficient to put Walker into the top tier. It’s hard to slice up the electorate so finely as to separate himself from other contenders. The more-conservative-than-Christie-but-less-than-Perry governor? I’ve yet to find many (any?) party activists who don’t like Walker, but goodwill will wear off quickly if he doesn’t have a robust campaign and message.

***

Christie doesn’t have the implicit trust of the GOP’s conservative base, so his hopes rest on reassuring them and arguing he’s the most plausible candidate because of his successes in a blue state.

But that argument will be a lot more difficult to make if Walker enters the race…

Not only can Walker cite executive experience under tremendous odds, he is still revered by a broad swath of conservatives for his bruising battle with the Wisconsin teachers’ unions over his education reforms in a way that Christie is not.

On a gut level, most conservatives would say of Walker that he is “one of us” — that he thinks and governs like a conservative rather than being a candidate who merely spouts conservative talking points when it suits his political ambitions…

It’s too far in advance to be anointing frontrunners in the 2016 presidential race. But if Walker runs, he could prove to be Christie’s worst nightmare.

***

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

YOU felt the need to interject and preach to the choir.

RovesChins on November 20, 2013 at 12:15 AM

You directed a remark to me. I responded. Therefore, no “interjection” except to burst your egomaniacal bubble.

Lourdes on November 20, 2013 at 12:24 AM

The only thing that concerns me about Walker at the moment is the ‘pathway to citizenship’ (aka amnesty) bit. It’s fine to say they’ll have to do blah and yadda and… No, I want to know what he thinks that means, specifically.

I’m actually less forgiving on this than I would’ve been years ago – kind of like so many other leftist initiatives – hey, make a decent argument for it and convince me, but don’t shove that crap at me and tell me I’m a racist/bigot/homophobe if I disagree, etc etc – you just make me ever more determined to buck.

I’m about to the point on illegal immigration where I want them all to have to go ‘home’ first, then apply, join the back of the line like everybody else, and we’ll consider you. And if you’re educated, have a particular skill set we need, etc, you’ll get preference. I’m not remotely in the mood anymore to simply let them stay, say they’ll have to pay a fine (they won’t), say they’ll have to pay back taxes (they won’t – they’ll get refunds, in arrears, almost assuredly), say they won’t be eligible for entitlements (yeah, right – that’ll last about 2 months) – and they will suffer no consequences for having broken numerous laws. No. Hell no.

Midas on November 20, 2013 at 12:26 AM

It was a joke, a comment to Pol Ag about Ireland. YOU felt the need to interject and preach to the choir.

RovesChins on November 20, 2013 at 12:15 AM

Pol Ag and I had a good laugh.
Can’t help that you’re so obtuse.
Enjoy your steak.

RovesChins on November 20, 2013 at 12:22 AM

I’m thinking you and I are not going to be allowed anywhere near the choir.

;->

PolAgnostic on November 20, 2013 at 12:26 AM

fwiw, if it happened, the 1965-born Walker would be the first Gen-X President.

Sacramento on November 20, 2013 at 12:27 AM

Scott Walker needs to spend some time in the war zone that is the U.S.-Mexican border. He obviously doesn’t care about his fellow citizens victimized by illegal aliens. Probably doesn’t happen as much in his neck of The Great White North as in other states, so his provincial perspective is understandable.

Christien on November 20, 2013 at 12:27 AM

Lourdes on November 20, 2013 at 12:20 AM

Pol Ag and I had a good laugh.
Can’t help that you’re so obtuse.
Enjoy your steak.

RovesChins on November 20, 2013 at 12:22 AM

Psst: you’re also not omniscient. No steak, not hungry, no meals, nada, despite your imagination.

The one accomplishment you’ve made is you’ve ruined an interesting thread of nice people commenting. “Gas cloud” seems to be your actual identity.

Enjoy your negativity, such that self-loathing can be fun.

Lourdes on November 20, 2013 at 12:28 AM

Yes … but since “slaughtering everyone working at YouTube” is frowned upon …

lol

… my second choice is to take you up on your offer of assistance.

What is step 1, please?

PolAgnostic on November 20, 2013 at 12:12 AM

I guess it depends on which route you want to take: AdBlock Plus, or Ghostery/DoNotTrackMe, or or BlockSite?

After we last talked, I checked out YT again and found that within the last 2 weeks they simplified the # of URLs which need to be blocked, now down to 2.

Use Opera. Youtube only shows up if you are on youtube.com

Murphy9 on November 20, 2013 at 12:14 AM

Do you like the newest Opera version? I tried it and don’t, and noticed a lot of other Opera users don’t like it much either.

Firefox has a new UI planned, making it look almost identical to Google Chrome, but the backlash from users is fierce, enough to make the developers change their plans.

Anti-Control on November 20, 2013 at 12:28 AM

The whole Ireland thingy was a slant at Walker for being a stupid a$$.
Sheesh.

RovesChins on November 19, 2013 at 11:51 PM

Recognized that but the problem is that that reference (“the whole Ireland thingy”) is a common one used to ridicule those critical of amnesty.

It’s an effort to push the criticism of amnesty into that “you’re a racist if you don’t support amnesty” corner. Meaning, Irish, mostly all Caucasian/White/Celt/Norse of one ethnicity or another so they’re not criticised because US is mostly White and racist, yadda yadda yadda.

It’s a complaint used by amnesty-seekers/proponents to make it out that if you oppose amnesty, you’re a hater, you’re a racist, “don’t like Brown people”. All that crud. But you “have no problem with illegal aliens from Ireland” so it goes.

Lourdes on November 19, 2013 at 11:56 PM

YOU felt the need to interject and preach to the choir.

RovesChins on November 20, 2013 at 12:15 AM

Lourdes on November 20, 2013 at 12:24 AM

Obtuse and your memory is slipping.
Annoying too.

RovesChins on November 20, 2013 at 12:28 AM

Except that he was born in 1967, so…yeah.

Still Gen-X, but management regrets the error.

Sacramento on November 20, 2013 at 12:28 AM

RovesChins on November 20, 2013 at 12:22 AM

I’m thinking you and I are not going to be allowed anywhere near the choir.

;->

PolAgnostic on November 20, 2013 at 12:26 AM

Why, are you wearing shorts?

Lourdes on November 20, 2013 at 12:29 AM

This is not the womens thread but God save us from nags and hags.

Schadenfreude on November 20, 2013 at 12:29 AM

“First I get cheated out of drawing and quarering SparkPlug!”

{mutter … gripe … complain}

PolAgnostic on November 20, 2013 at 12:23 AM

That, my friend, is an impossible goal. Sparky is like one of those mythical rock lobster-wearing pistol shrimps. Draw and quarter them and they just regenerate.

Dude ripped out my eyeball and still is the Fire Marshall in the glade. You just can’t kill him.

PS: If you haven’t noticed, Sparky is like a Prog, too. Everything is always someone else’s fault. lol

Resist We Much on November 20, 2013 at 12:30 AM

RovesChins on November 20, 2013 at 12:15 AM

Pol Ag and I had a good laugh.
Can’t help that you’re so obtuse.
Enjoy your steak.

RovesChins on November 20, 2013 at 12:22 AM

I’m thinking you and I are not going to be allowed anywhere near the choir.

;->

PolAgnostic on November 20, 2013 at 12:26 AM

Dammit. And I bought all this whiskey and a dozen gummy snakes!

RovesChins on November 20, 2013 at 12:30 AM

Lourdes on November 20, 2013 at 12:24 AM

Obtuse and your memory is slipping.
Annoying too.

RovesChins on November 20, 2013 at 12:28 AM

It’s hard for you to grow up, isn’t it? Really hard for you. Drop that bottle, did you? Some big skirt should be along soon to pick it up for you, don’t worry.

Lourdes on November 20, 2013 at 12:30 AM

fwiw, if it happened, the 1965-born Walker would be the first Gen-X President.

Sacramento on November 20, 2013 at 12:27 AM

Interesting. — But probably worth about as much as a Cheeto to a guy with a bucket glued to his head. :)

I dunno. Maybe some analysis on shifting opinions and everything. Might be worth something.

I retract this comment.

Axe on November 20, 2013 at 12:31 AM

Wall of Voodoo – “Mexican Radio”

Anti-Control on November 20, 2013 at 12:31 AM

Is there some kind of safe word to get this shit off off of me?

RovesChins on November 20, 2013 at 12:33 AM

Regardless of the one person who stands as prezy, I doubt the RINO party has the courage or brains to begin to push back at the leftist narratives. Climate change for example

lots of money to be made in this con game…lots of companies pouring good money after bad to prop up the sharks. (btw, the next step of the light bulb ban will take place in Jan…the RINOs will be pretty mum on that)

and let’s not forget the ever-strange common core. The Duncan slur of white suburban moms doesn’t even make sense…and his piece about moving from one school in CA to NC doesn’t make sense. There are national standards by grade set by various education groups.

when a leftist starts with the crazy talk and smearing opponents you know there’s something he’s hiding. But no doubt the chamber is all on board…Bill and Warren have sold that hard. Where is the RINO party on that??? crickets

r keller on November 20, 2013 at 12:34 AM

Lourdes on November 20, 2013 at 12:24 AM

Obtuse and your memory is slipping.
Annoying too.

RovesChins on November 20, 2013 at 12:28 AM

My memory is fine and dandy. I don’t find your obsession with your Olde Dirty Animosities to be worth going over and over and over again.

Who knew that one steak for one dinner would create such a fervor in crazy people such as yourself? Aren’t there forums you can run to and post lies on, yet again?

Lourdes on November 20, 2013 at 12:34 AM

Resist We Much on November 20, 2013 at 12:30 AM

But he loves you, Platonically…maybe, and he is simpatico :)

Schadenfreude on November 20, 2013 at 12:34 AM

Is there some kind of safe word to get this shit off off of me?

RovesChins on November 20, 2013 at 12:33 AM

Get someone to change your diapers, not to overlook the second diaper on your head.

Lourdes on November 20, 2013 at 12:35 AM

Enjoy your negativity, such that self-loathing can be fun.

Lourdes on November 20, 2013 at 12:28 AM

You DO realize this is QOTD?

Infamous for never staying on topic.

Well known “snark zone” on Hot Air.

We’ve all been known to show up in a testy mood know or then … but this is not the place to get “bent” because someone made a jocular comment that one might have taken too seriously.

PolAgnostic on November 20, 2013 at 12:35 AM

Just don’t mention snakes. She won’t ‘get it’ and will continue on and on.

RovesChins on November 20, 2013 at 12:36 AM

Is DWS registered at HA?

Schadenfreude on November 20, 2013 at 12:37 AM

Taco – “Puttin’ on the Ritz”

Anti-Control on November 20, 2013 at 12:39 AM

Is DWS registered at HA?

Schadenfreude on November 20, 2013 at 12:37 AM

I can’t check. I’m self loathing and passing gas on the QOTD, apparently.

RovesChins on November 20, 2013 at 12:39 AM

Platonically

Schadenfreude on November 20, 2013 at 12:34 AM

Puh. Get real. :)

Axe on November 20, 2013 at 12:39 AM

Resist We Much on November 20, 2013 at 12:30 AM

EXACTLY
my point! It’s not like I was going to do him any permanent damage.

I think of him as kind of a “special needs” conservative – his hearts in the right place but he can never pull together more than half his wits under the best of circumstances.

;->

PolAgnostic on November 20, 2013 at 12:40 AM

lol — Yeah, now I remember what QOTD is like. :P

Also women.

I keep forgetting what those two things are like.

Axe on November 20, 2013 at 12:42 AM

Dammit. And I bought all this whiskey and a dozen gummy snakes!

RovesChins on November 20, 2013 at 12:30 AM

Whoa!
That’s a different story … we’re in like Flynn.

PolAgnostic on November 20, 2013 at 12:42 AM

I think of him as kind of a “special needs”…

;->

PolAgnostic on November 20, 2013 at 12:40 AM

Shortbus Sparky!

Resist We Much on November 20, 2013 at 12:43 AM

lol — Yeah, now I remember what QOTD is like. :P

Also women.

I keep forgetting what those two things are like.

Axe on November 20, 2013 at 12:42 AM

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm
… Jesus is going to be so disappointed.

PolAgnostic on November 20, 2013 at 12:44 AM

Why, are you wearing shorts?

Lourdes on November 20, 2013 at 12:29 AM

There you go!

That was some decent snark.

PolAgnostic on November 20, 2013 at 12:45 AM

ZZ Top – “Goin’ Down To Mexico”

Anti-Control on November 20, 2013 at 12:47 AM

90% of the world’s problems would evaporate if women could be trained to obey two commands: 1. Be quiet. 2. Move. Being quiet and moving out of the way are beyond them.

It’s the real reason we are trying to build life-like robots. –With v@ginas.

Axe on November 19, 2013 at 10:56 PM

OK, done. It was nice knowing you.

Resist We Much on November 19, 2013 at 11:58 PM

LOL. 2X.

Midas on November 20, 2013 at 12:47 AM

Je-sus, don’t make it bad
Take a sad song and make it better
Remember to let him into your heart
Then you can start to make it better

Je-sus, don’t be afraid
You were made to go out and get him
The minute you let him under your skin
Then you begin to make it better

And anytime you feel the pain, Je-sus, refrain
Don’t carry the world upon your shoulders
For well you know that it’s a fool who plays it cool
By making his world a little colder
Nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah

Resist We Much on November 20, 2013 at 12:48 AM

Taco – “Puttin’ on the Ritz”

Anti-Control on November 20, 2013 at 12:39 AM

Just the title makes me think of ‘Young Frankenstein’.

Midas on November 20, 2013 at 12:49 AM

Anti-Control on November 20, 2013 at 12:28 AM

If I may ask (of the room, generally), I’d really like to have a browser that let me have ‘live’ RSS feeds in a portion of the main window (sidebar, whatever), such that they would update with a visual indication that something new has occurred, etc. Seems like I used to be able to do that with Firefox; or Safari, or … something.

Am on iMac – any recommendations?

Midas on November 20, 2013 at 12:53 AM

Just the title makes me think of ‘Young Frankenstein’.

Midas on November 20, 2013 at 12:49 AM

Young Frankenstein – “Puttin’ on the Ritz”

Anti-Control on November 20, 2013 at 12:53 AM

Just the title makes me think of ‘Young Frankenstein’.

Midas on November 20, 2013 at 12:49 AM

Young Frankenstein – “Puttin’ on the Ritz”

Anti-Control on November 20, 2013 at 12:53 AM

Cheers!

Midas on November 20, 2013 at 12:56 AM

I am showing “Do Not Track” and “Do Not Track Plus” as enabled in IE.

I’d like to stay with IE (if possible) because I’ve got some high security sites which play well with it (as well as DNT & DNT+) that I access daily … but have been know to be unhappy with Firefox – which is the only other Browser I use.

YouTube just won’t run anymore on this machine – in part because of how tight I have IE lashed down and, I suspect, because DNT & DNT+ would rather kill the video than let YouTube “do its thing”

With regard to AdBlock Plus, or Ghostery/DoNotTrackMe, or or BlockSite – with what I have described, which one would you see as the best path forward?

FYI, I can live without DNT & DNT+ … but I CAN”T live without the one high security website.

PolAgnostic on November 20, 2013 at 12:57 AM

Nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah

Resist We Much on November 20, 2013 at 12:48 AM

Do you even know how complicated you are? :)

Axe on November 20, 2013 at 12:58 AM

Am on iMac – any recommendations?

Midas on November 20, 2013 at 12:53 AM

I know it isn’t difficult to do with Firefox, but I’d have to look at exactly how to do it (wouldn’t take long to figure out.)

Anti-Control on November 20, 2013 at 1:01 AM

Get real. :)

Axe on November 20, 2013 at 12:39 AM

Did you miss the “maybe”? :)

Schadenfreude on November 20, 2013 at 1:02 AM

Shortbus Sparky!

Resist We Much on November 20, 2013 at 12:43 AM

He means well
… but he’s never been the same since that accident with the giant Tesla coil.

(Bear in mind, SparkPlug – this critique is being made by someone who tipped over a Bobcat – as well as doing a live demonstration TWICE in the space of five minutes for my daughter that the voltage/amperage associated with old land lines is non-trivial when the ring signal is being sent through the line.)

PolAgnostic on November 20, 2013 at 1:04 AM

“Don’t spike the ball.”

Hmmm.

No, I think we should spike the ball.

In fact, drive a 12″ spike through the middle of the ball. Then excavate the end zone to a depth of one hundred feet, place the Obamavampireballkabob at the bottom, cover with a thick layer of shredded insurance cancellations, then call in a napalm strike. When the flames die out, surround it with cloves of garlic, and sprinkle generously with holy water. Then fill in the excavated site with a mixture of concrete and donkey excrement, but before it fully hardens, plant every Democrat in DC in it up to their waist (head or feet first, your choice).

For the good of the children, of course.

Midas on November 20, 2013 at 1:05 AM

Do you even know how complicated you are? :)

Axe on November 20, 2013 at 12:58 AM

( F A C E P A L M)

Please … stop … just send smiley faces …

… or roses!

Roses are good.

PolAgnostic on November 20, 2013 at 1:06 AM

Anti-Control on November 20, 2013 at 1:01 AM

I can play with it a bit; have been trying to just use Safari since getting the new iMac, but think I need to move back into something else. Thanks!

Midas on November 20, 2013 at 1:07 AM

Did you miss the “maybe”? :)

Schadenfreude on November 20, 2013 at 1:02 AM

I just wanted to be clear. :)

lol

Axe on November 20, 2013 at 1:08 AM

Cripes. Someone erased my cookies and now I find out RWM is out for revenge or sumpin. For NO apparent reason.

I’m skeered. Hey Axe what would you do?

How would you like to be caught in her cross-hairs? Well on second thought that might not be so baaad. Some ladies have really good grooming and preening habits.

Ok now I am toast. Its hard to be funny when ObamaCare keeps stealing the show.

SparkPlug on November 20, 2013 at 1:10 AM

Axe on November 20, 2013 at 1:08 AM

I thought you would be doing it again.

SparkPlug on November 20, 2013 at 1:11 AM

Sparky, read all the posts by Axe and RWM, in the last two columns.

Schadenfreude on November 20, 2013 at 1:12 AM

Hi Twerp.

SparkPlug on November 20, 2013 at 1:12 AM

Christien on November 20, 2013 at 12:27 AM

True, but he should make himself aware of all the crime and deaths due to illegals and start asserting his loyalty to the safety and security of his own country. With pride .

burrata on November 20, 2013 at 1:13 AM

For the good of the children, of course.

Midas on November 20, 2013 at 1:05 AM

Well, ok … but I can just slide over a few dimensions, create a id specific illusion which will initiate the rapid self-destruct sequence …

… for all of them.

And it won’t smell like donkey poo.

PolAgnostic on November 20, 2013 at 1:14 AM

Do you even know how complicated you are? :)

Axe on November 20, 2013 at 12:58 AM

Indeed, I do. :-)

Resist We Much on November 20, 2013 at 1:14 AM

It’s the real reason we are trying to build life-like robots. –With v@ginas.

Axe on November 19, 2013 at 10:56 PM

bwaaahhhh. OMG. That’s a nukuler MOAB.

I guess I got nuttin to worry about. Axe should be afraid…very afraid. Seek a bunker. LOLz.

SparkPlug on November 20, 2013 at 1:15 AM

… for all of them.

And it won’t smell like donkey poo.

PolAgnostic on November 20, 2013 at 1:14 AM

Ok, let’s do that.

Wait; what will it smell like?

Midas on November 20, 2013 at 1:16 AM

Oprah, Obama, and the Racism Dodge

Resist We Much on November 20, 2013 at 1:13 AM

Millions of racists on the increase…every day new polls get released :)

Schadenfreude on November 20, 2013 at 1:17 AM

I’m skeered. Hey Axe what would you do?

SparkPlug on November 20, 2013 at 1:10 AM

So far tonight, he seems to be intent on sticking his foot so far into his mouth he can kick himself in the rear without bending his remaining leg.

but yeah, follow his example …

PolAgnostic on November 20, 2013 at 1:17 AM

Schadenfreude on November 20, 2013 at 1:12 AMs. Some of them move in tricky ways.

I need an interpreter. Its hard to read between the lines cause its all white.

SparkPlug on November 20, 2013 at 1:18 AM

Do you even know how complicated you are? :)

Axe on November 20, 2013 at 12:58 AM

Indeed, I do. :-)

Resist We Much on November 20, 2013 at 1:14 AM

Of course she knows, Axe……..they KNOW that part!

It’s how it affects us that’s difficult………

williamg on November 20, 2013 at 1:19 AM

I am showing “Do Not Track” and “Do Not Track Plus” as enabled in IE.

Do you know why both DNT/+ are in use? That seems excessive to me. I don’t use IE, so maybe there’s a good reason for that. I suggest disabling both, temporarily at least, just to test how that affects YouTube for you.

Which version of IE do you use?

PolAgnostic on November 20, 2013 at 12:57 AM

BlockSite blocks only what you specify, so if you are looking for the simplest solution, that would be it. AdBlock is great, so is Ghostery/DNTM – they do broader blocking by default, but they sometimes require user input when you need to unblock something.

Anti-Control on November 20, 2013 at 1:19 AM

SparkPlug on November 20, 2013 at 1:10 AM

but yeah, follow his example …

PolAgnostic on November 20, 2013 at 1:17 AM

Wow. I guess he will be in the dawg house for a sizable fraction of perpetuity.

SparkPlug on November 20, 2013 at 1:20 AM

I know that she’s already “swooshed” – but I gotta say: Have a good one Scrumpy!

williamg on November 20, 2013 at 1:20 AM

Motörhead – “Going to Mexico”

\m/

Anti-Control on November 20, 2013 at 1:22 AM

Oprah, Obama, and the Racism Dodge

Resist We Much on November 20, 2013 at 1:13 AM

If every criticism of Hussein’s actions is because he is black,
are all of Hussein’s actions because he is black ?

burrata on November 20, 2013 at 1:22 AM

My Favorite web page.

Hi MG. Wish you well.

SparkPlug on November 20, 2013 at 1:23 AM

Ok, let’s do that.

Wait; what will it smell like?

Midas on November 20, 2013 at 1:16 AM

No smell … the rapid self-destruct sequence has a subsequence to direct the residual atoms and energy into a non-space/non-time dimension to insure there is NO chance for spontaneous re-creation incidents.

Initial estimates show an increase of global mean IQ by ~ 20 points – which insures eradication of beliefs like Anthropomorphic Global Warming, Aromatherapy & Scientology.

PolAgnostic on November 20, 2013 at 1:24 AM

the political problem lying at the heart of Obamacare:

“Most of the benefits of the new program will go to the poor and less-well-off and most of the costs will be born by the well off. Neither is true of Medicare or Social Security. When the new law was passed it was hailed by the New York Times as the most redistributive policy in a generation, and they were right. It was not sold as being markedly redistributive, of course, but that is how it was designed and will operate. This does not mean it is a bad policy or doomed to fail. But it does mean that it was bound to be caught up in controversy and heated debate.”

Never forget the fraud aspect.

Schadenfreude on November 20, 2013 at 1:25 AM

you really have to feel sorry for all the broken eggs, all this for such a lousy omelet

I know this a a rube that was tricked..but still..she seems to be a sad case

r keller on November 20, 2013 at 1:26 AM

Steve Miller Band – “Going to Mexico”

Anti-Control on November 20, 2013 at 1:29 AM

Wow. I guess he will be in the dawg house for a sizable fraction of perpetuity.

SparkPlug on November 20, 2013 at 1:20 AM

I was trying to get him a plea deal …

Or, if you want to avoid collateral damage, I’ll drop him in Mexico and frame him for something with a minimum 10 year sentence and he can learn a whole new meaning for the phrase:

Jesus loves you.

PolAgnostic on November 20, 2013 at 12:03 AM

PolAgnostic on November 20, 2013 at 1:30 AM

The daughter of a wife of a friend of mine just had her daughter, with two children in the car, roll a car with two children in the back and both children – the grandchildren of my friend’s wife’s sister – are dead.

I thank God for each day I have – the fact that I have a job and that life here, which could be much worse is as good as it is.

I am praying for their whole family………………….

This World may be filled with phonies and jerks at lots of times – but life could always be worse……we are lucky….

williamg on November 20, 2013 at 1:36 AM

I used to run two firewalls … simultaenously – but I’m MUCH better now. ;)

Which version of IE do you use?

Version 9

Version 10 did/does some things I don’t like.

OK … I’m somewhat better.

Anti-Control on November 20, 2013 at 1:19 AM

Blocksite sounds like a good place to start.

What URL’s do you block for YouTube?

Do you use Blocksite or one of the others for HotAir, RCP, etc?

PolAgnostic on November 20, 2013 at 1:37 AM

I think – I hope, too – that Walker is being coy about the “path to citizenship” in immigration reform, his remark is general enough as not to endorse a specific formula, and in the end there will have to be some form of system that doesn’t require those already here to return to their countries of origin to apply. That’s just practical, if I was here I wouldn’t sign up if it meant leaving, either.

But the system is broken in many ways and in dire need of reform. The sort of changes needed have little in common with the Democrats’ vision of “reform,” though.

~~

The mess we are in now requires someone with some experience at management. Legislators may check all the right boxes on the issues and be great speakers, but if the biggest organization you’ve ever run is your congressional office staff, you need more training before applying to run the world’s largest enterprise.

The US federal government has millions of employees and a budget larger than the entire economy of any other country in the world except China and Japan. There are very good reasons we have often elected governors and generals but sitting Senators only rarely (and never with good results): those who have run or commanded a large and important operation are better qualified.

Adjoran on November 20, 2013 at 1:38 AM

SoRo: If Barack Obama and Eric Holder cared about the black community as much as they say, they would go after gangs like the Kennedy brothers attacked the Mafia.

Indeed, indeed. Imagine if the punches were white on any other…media, suffocate, you fools.

Schadenfreude on November 20, 2013 at 1:38 AM

Not that anyone might notice, I am still alive.
Well, I think I am.

Let me check…

Yep.

So, ssdd, lies, more lies –>ad infinitum

Wheh! *sweat off the brow*

Media still ‘forming’ are they? Oh yes.

mickytx on November 20, 2013 at 1:39 AM

Meh. Some of you guys don’t understand RWM at all. One less worry for me.

Best girlfriend, virtual or otherwise, evah.

Exhausting — and totally worth it.

I know this a a rube that was tricked..but still..she seems to be a sad case

r keller on November 20, 2013 at 1:26 AM

I can’t watch it at the moment, but I think I know about it.

Generally, the bottom and top rungs of the ladder are bunching up; the space between them is increasing; the work required to move from the bottom group to the top group is increasing. People in the forming bottom group are less and less able to handle upsets without being turned over. It’s what Progressives do. The only way to stop “breaking eggs” is to turn the wind. Otherwise, progressives will turn the world into everything they claim it is now.

Axe on November 20, 2013 at 1:40 AM

Very sorry to hear williamg.

Schadenfreude on November 20, 2013 at 1:40 AM

Steve Miller Band – “Going to Mexico”

Anti-Control on November 20, 2013 at 1:29 AM

John Hiatt – Wild-Eyed Gypsies

kcewa on November 20, 2013 at 1:45 AM

Meh. Some of you guys don’t understand RWM at all. One less worry for me.

Best girlfriend, virtual or otherwise, evah.

Exhausting — and totally worth it.

Axe on November 20, 2013 at 1:40 AM

Hey, Axe – I get that part……I totally get it…..Good to see you!

williamg on November 20, 2013 at 1:46 AM

Nude Briazilian Body Painting Contest. For men only, thank you.

rickyricardo on November 20, 2013 at 1:39 AM

Weird And Wacky: Inside The International Bodypainting Festival (Photo Essay)

Resist We Much on November 20, 2013 at 1:46 AM

Axe on November 20, 2013 at 1:40 AM

Nice Phrase -turn, Axe!

williamg on November 20, 2013 at 1:47 AM

Not that anyone might notice, I am still alive.
Well, I think I am.

Let me check…

Yep.

mickytx on November 20, 2013 at 1:39 AM

I’m glad. So that’s at least two. Heh. :)

Good to see you!

williamg on November 20, 2013 at 1:46 AM

Hey G. Nice to see you too. :)

Axe on November 20, 2013 at 1:47 AM

Very sorry to hear williamg.

Schadenfreude on November 20, 2013 at 1:40 AM

Thanks, Schade……..sometimes we have those moments that prioritize life against the screeching of the background bats…….very good people – have known Dan and his wife for over 17 years……

Prayer is all that comes to mind in a situation like that…

williamg on November 20, 2013 at 1:49 AM

Knockout: A Very Dangerous ‘Game’

Resist We Much on November 20, 2013 at 1:35 AM

I cannot Believe – and am not surprised – that THIS isn’t all over the Lame Stream Media!…..sad!

williamg on November 20, 2013 at 1:52 AM

I used to run two firewalls … simultaenously – but I’m MUCH better now. ;)

lol :)

Why did you run 2?

Version 9

Version 10 did/does some things I don’t like.

And that’s why I asked…I had read that versions after 9 ran adblockers differently.

Blocksite sounds like a good place to start.

What URL’s do you block for YouTube?

For BlockSite, I use these 2:

*.fwmrm.net/ad/*
*.doubleclick.*

Do you use Blocksite or one of the others for HotAir, RCP, etc?

PolAgnostic on November 20, 2013 at 1:37 AM

I use a PAC file, but BlockSite functions just like one…I never see that stupid opening ad at HA, for instance.

Anti-Control on November 20, 2013 at 1:52 AM

John Hiatt – Wild-Eyed Gypsies

kcewa on November 20, 2013 at 1:45 AM

From the Great White North!

Edward Bear – “You, Me and Mexico”

Anti-Control on November 20, 2013 at 1:56 AM

<– back to work.

{{{{{Sophie}}}}}

@Dire: *Southern nod thing*

Axe on November 20, 2013 at 1:59 AM

James Taylor – “Mexico”

Anti-Control on November 20, 2013 at 2:08 AM

James Taylor – “Mexico”

Anti-Control on November 20, 2013 at 2:08 AM

Steely Dan – My Old School

kcewa on November 20, 2013 at 2:14 AM

lol :)

Why did you run 2?

I saw some things happening when I was running one that were being allowed through but there was no way with the first one to effectively “seal the leaks”

The second firewall got 95% of the leaks but was still not 100%. When I tried to ‘investigate’ the 5% leaks, they disappeared – which indicated they were watching me watching them.

So I had the second firewall send the 5% leaks back to the first firewall which I had set up to automatically redirect them back to the second firewall – I referred to it as a “box of mirrors”. To the outside observer, the leaks were always “working” a firewall.

Meanwhile, I used some other tools to track the 5% leaks back to their source and then was able to verify who was doing what which told me what I had to do to completely block them.

Side note: Back when I got started, hacking was fun & benign. Most of the time, you contacted whoever you hacked and helped them fix the problem. Sometimes you found out things you (and a he|| of a lot of other people) weren’t supposed to know – and then, one way or the other, you made sure it was secured. If you want a reference point, think mainframes and cave paintings. Around 20 years or so ago, it ALL turned very dark & bizarre and I gave up the “sins of my youth” – but kept the “paranoia as a surival trait”.

Thanks for your help, AC. I’ll try your suggestions and let you know how it goes.

PolAgnostic on November 20, 2013 at 2:17 AM

Steely Dan – My Old School

kcewa on November 20, 2013 at 2:14 AM

Any man left on the Rio Grande
Is the King of the World as far as I know

Anti-Control on November 20, 2013 at 2:21 AM

Thanks for the explanation (I’m geeky, too, as you probably already know! :))

I hear you…