It begins: White House edging away from “keep your doctor” promise

posted at 9:21 pm on November 19, 2013 by Mary Katharine Ham

Allahpundit called it during the last press conference:

We all knew this was bunk, too. In order to put all the “Essential Health Benefits” into new Obamacare compliant plans, prices had to go up. In order to keep prices in the ballpark of affordability, insurance companies look for other places to change plans. “Essential Health Benefits” are mandated by Obamacare, but coverage networks aren’t. So, you get more “benefits” from a smaller network of doctors, which may not include the doctor you liked. You’re welcome.

Old and busted: If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor. Period.

New hotness: Hey, things change a lot in the private insurance market, y’all.

In this round of excuse making, Carney once again goes to the “evil insurance company” well, even throwing Romney into the mix. Obama didn’t do a government takeover of health care, you see? He implemented a Romney-like plan, which didn’t allow him to dictate to insurance companies (nevermind that that’s exactly what he was doing yesterday), so he can’t be blamed for this. Then why, pray tell, did he make the promise when he knew he couldn’t control it? To pass the law, of course.

You think people are mad about losing their plans? Even losing one’s doctor is not always the hugest deal to a healthy adult. You don’t see them that often anyway. But this thing really starts to spiral out of control when people’s children start losing their doctors. Pediatricians are dang near family members to many parents. Parents who vote.

Update:
Keep Karl’s checklist handy! It’s devastating health care changes you were promised wouldn’t happen Bingo!

In New Hampshire, the exchange attracted only one insurance provider, Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield, which has excluded 10 of the state’s 26 hospitals from the health plans it offers through the exchange. Similar issues lurked in Edie Sundby’s story. Obamacare will even reduce choice in the Medicare population. President Obama (and other Democrats, most likely) promised that if you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor. If Democrats thought the public got angry over the “If you like your plan” lie, they should imagine the public anger when people lose their doctors and hospitals. Doctors are not as easily demonized as health insurers; perhaps Obama will accuse them of unnecessarily removing your tonsils and amputating your feet for profit again.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Obama is better man than me, with intentions much more noble than I could aspire to

nonpartisan on November 19, 2013 at 10:10 PM

Tell that to the families of our Benghazi and Fast and Furious dead, you pitiful excuse for a human being.

TXUS on November 19, 2013 at 10:19 PM

it’s called loans, genius.

nonpartisan on November 19, 2013 at 10:17 PM

Sure and you do what in order to pay down $150-200,000 worth of student debt?

You’ve already said that you don’t practice law.

Resist We Much on November 19, 2013 at 10:19 PM

How did your poor mommy send you to. Haaaaaavard?

Let me guess,, you were so brilliant you gou scholarships?

wolly4321 on November 19, 2013 at 10:16 PM

Wooly bully, just figgered it out. “It” is a mutt, mom was a white lib, dad was. Then np hatched and they felt bad. He/she was back and forth, went to college, learned to lie.

arnold ziffel on November 19, 2013 at 10:21 PM

sure I defend Obama from some of the baseless meanspirited attacks…
nonpartisan on November 19, 2013 at 10:18 PM

Baseless ?
Really ?

burrata on November 19, 2013 at 10:21 PM

Carney To Woman Obama Held Up As An Obamacare Success Story Who Can No Longer Afford It: We Are “As Sorry As We Can Be”…

The White House is “as sorry as we can be” that a Washington state woman held up as an example of the success of the Affordable Care Act marketplaces appears to be falling through the cracks, press secretary Jay Carney said Tuesday.

In mid-October, President Obama cited single mother Jessica Sanford as an exchange success story after she wrote to him after being able to sign up for insurance in early October. She’s since learned that her state’s system miscalculated her tax credit and that her out-of-pocket costs will be substantially higher than expected.

Carney said that the White House “certainly as sorry as we can be that Jessica can’t afford it” but that the law is still doing plenty of good. He also noted that Sanford still says she supports the Affordable Care Act and the president.

Sanford’s complaints came to light after she wrote on her state’s health exchange Facebook page that they had “really screwed me over.”

Resist We Much on November 19, 2013 at 10:21 PM

Resist We Much on November 19, 2013 at 10:19 PM

I’m still paying them off

I work in a nonlegal field, making a lot less than what I would’ve made as a corporate lawyer…but it pays the bills nonetheless and Im slowly whittling down my debt

nonpartisan on November 19, 2013 at 10:21 PM

I supported romney during the 2012 election, pretty sure my posts from that period back me up

nonpartisan on November 19, 2013 at 10:18 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA…uh no.

BeachBum on November 19, 2013 at 10:22 PM

my, my, who shat in your cereal bowl this morning?

nonpartisan on November 19, 2013 at 10:08 PM

Dude…Are you even American?

I mean cause nobody says that here…

workingclass artist on November 19, 2013 at 10:23 PM

it’s called loans, genius.

nonpartisan on November 19, 2013 at 10:17 PM

Sure and you do what in order to pay down $150-200,000 worth of student debt?

You’ve already said that you don’t practice law.

Resist We Much on November 19, 2013 at 10:19 PM

Earned it the old fashioned way, married it.

herm2416 on November 19, 2013 at 10:24 PM

nonpartisan on November 19, 2013 at 10:21 PM

Working behind enemy lines after HaHaWard ?
Now where have we heard that before ?
Hmmmm..

burrata on November 19, 2013 at 10:24 PM

Good, hope you like it, cause my butt is already worn out.

arnold ziffel on November 19, 2013 at 10:25 PM

I dunno. If I were SP,I’d sort of sit back and watch for now. Both parties are imploding and this is her perfect entrance. With Rand Paul. And Ted Cruz. And Mike Lee.

Key West Reader on November 19, 2013 at 9:37 PM

I don’t think she wants the job.

workingclass artist on November 19, 2013 at 10:25 PM

Earned it the old fashioned way, married it.

herm2416 on November 19, 2013 at 10:24 PM

I don’t even think a Paris Hiltonish heiress is that stupid.

Resist We Much on November 19, 2013 at 10:26 PM

I mean cause nobody says that here…

workingclass artist on November 19, 2013 at 10:23 PM

Not even RWM. Though I always expect her to.

cozmo on November 19, 2013 at 10:28 PM

my, my, who shat in your cereal bowl this morning?

nonpartisan on November 19, 2013 at 10:08 PM

Dude…Are you even American?

I mean cause nobody says that here…

workingclass artist on November 19, 2013 at 10:23 PM

Yes they do workingclass. “The cat shat in the hat.”— a famous Dr. Scheisse story.

arnold ziffel on November 19, 2013 at 10:29 PM

arnold ziffel on November 19, 2013 at 10:29 PM

lol!

bazil9 on November 19, 2013 at 10:31 PM

how many goddamn posts do we need on this topic…it is boring as phuck

nonpartisan on November 12, 2013 at 9:55 PM

Still bored?

bazil9 on November 19, 2013 at 9:52 PM

Yet all these different threads and this is the one he/she chose.

slickwillie2001 on November 19, 2013 at 10:32 PM

never went to a doctor unless I broke something…

noforeskin on November 19, 2013 at 9:35 PM

…we know what you broke…and I never heard of that little bone…breaking before!

KOOLAID2 on November 19, 2013 at 10:33 PM

my, my, who shat in your cereal bowl this morning?

nonpartisan on November 19, 2013 at 10:08 PM

Dude…Are you even American?

I mean cause nobody says that here…

workingclass artist on November 19, 2013 at 10:23 PM

arnold ziffel on November 19, 2013 at 10:29 PM

I stand corrected

*snicker*

workingclass artist on November 19, 2013 at 10:34 PM

never went to a doctor unless I broke something…

noforeskin on November 19, 2013 at 9:35 PM

That wasn’t a doctor,
that was a veterinarian.

burrata on November 19, 2013 at 10:35 PM

I never had a pediatrician as a child…never went to a doctor unless I broke something or was deathly sick

nonpartisan on November 19, 2013 at 9:35 PM

You obviously did both many, many times. Thanks so much for admitting it!

D+

Del Dolemonte on November 19, 2013 at 10:36 PM

“The cat shat in the hat.”— a famous Dr. Scheisse story.

arnold ziffel on November 19, 2013 at 10:29 PM

Ha!

SailorMark on November 19, 2013 at 10:37 PM

never went to a doctor unless I broke something…

noforeskin on November 19, 2013 at 9:35 PM

That wasn’t a doctor,
that was a veterinarian.

burrata on November 19, 2013 at 10:35 PM

Mom probably couldn’t afford a pediatrician, what, with all the psychiatric care.

RovesChins on November 19, 2013 at 10:37 PM

Can they please edge away from keeping their dummy president and Goebbelsian mouthpiece?

Schadenfreude on November 19, 2013 at 10:37 PM

OT but important:

Early Votes Oppose Albuquerque Abortion Ban

A closely watched, first-of-its-kind proposal to ban late-term abortions in New Mexico’s largest city was trailing in early returns Tuesday.

Initial results from 50,000 early and absentee ballots in Albuquerque showed 56 percent of voters against the proposal, while 44 percent supported the ban on most abortions after 20 weeks.

City officials said more than 36,000 votes that were cast Tuesday remained to be counted.

kcewa on November 19, 2013 at 10:38 PM

it’s called loans, genius. nonpartisan on November 1

I tested at that level,, then drank it away. But thanks for reconizing it.

wolly4321 on November 19, 2013 at 10:40 PM

my, my, who shat in your cereal bowl this morning?

noforeskin on November 19, 2013 at 10:08 PM

…I don’t know!…why is your a$s always squatting over our oatmeal…always trying to drag a little nut in it?

KOOLAID2 on November 19, 2013 at 10:41 PM

I have a new drinking game. Every time Carney uses the term ” I will have to refer you to”(fill in the blank) you raise your glass. You will be blind drunk by the end of the presser.

neyney on November 19, 2013 at 10:42 PM

kcewa on November 19, 2013 at 10:38 PM

Big cities are packed to the gunwales with grifting, freeloading, human trash who focus on themselves to a degree that would make Narcissus himself embarrassed for them.

Bishop on November 19, 2013 at 10:43 PM

my mom didn’t have a choice…we were too poor

nonpartisan on November 19, 2013 at 9:57 PM

We were so poor we had to take the bus everywhere and then take it back home again… captives of the bus lines and bus schedules. Except on Sunday, we walked, 10 miles to church rain, shine, snow or sleet in our Sunday best. My mother was so happy that I received a music scholarship to a renowned School of Music so I could become a famous pianist and a great composer of Sacred Music.
I only wish I hadn’t met that girl that I desired so much and was introduced to demon liquor to ease the pain of rejection… choices, choices so many choices…. My Mom loved that hymn, “The Old Rugged Cross”… she wept when I would play it, thinking of what could have been… poor mom, poor poor mom.

ExpressoBold on November 19, 2013 at 10:51 PM

Bishop on November 19, 2013 at 10:43 PM

True. How they can vote to kill babies for convenience past the age where they feel pain and are viable is beyond me.

kcewa on November 19, 2013 at 10:52 PM

nonpartisan on November 19, 2013 at 10:18 PM

Let’s take a look… on the post:

Video: CBS focus group in Ohio picks Romney the winner
posted at 11:21 am on October 23, 2012 by Ed Morrissey

Did you express your support for Romney?

No. This was your comment:

I didn’t see any black person on this panel.

Also, Norah ODonell is hands down the hottest woman in news.

nonpartisan on October 23, 2012 at 11:36 AM

ITguy on November 19, 2013 at 10:59 PM

OMG. Could the Press finally be awakening from their Obamaphilic stupor?

yeah, yeah, I know; when pigs fly. I thought I’d throw it out there for a good laugh.

dissent555 on November 19, 2013 at 11:00 PM

nonpartisan on November 19, 2013 at 10:21 PM

Don’t worry. Neither Michelle or Barack Obama were able to hack it in places where you have to do real work, either. Especially poor Baracka — he thought practicing law was just like editing the Harvard Law Review, just show up and be black and magic things will happen.

northdallasthirty on November 19, 2013 at 11:30 PM

The reason hospitals opt out of the exchanges and that insurers are limiting the choice of hospitals and doctors is that under Obamacare, hospitals in the exchanges have to have 60% of their patients signed up for Obamacare.

Dhuka on November 19, 2013 at 11:32 PM

Oh My: Reuters Poll Finds Obama’s Approval Rating Cratering To Only 37%…

Resist We Much on November 19, 2013 at 9:46 PM

Starting to actually lose some not-quite-true-believers? Impressive. It will be interesting to see what his floor number ultimately is, as an indication of just how far gone (or not) the country really is.

bofh on November 19, 2013 at 11:34 PM

White House edging away from “keep your doctor” promise

… especially if your doctor has finally said FUBO and retired.

viking01 on November 19, 2013 at 11:42 PM

Same fool.

Jocundus on November 20, 2013 at 12:03 AM

When will the White House Press Corps grow a set and start demanding answers? Besides Henry and Karl, most seem as docile and accommodating as ever.

They should corner Carney in the hallway. That little punk would be singing like a canary in about 15 seconds.

Adjoran on November 20, 2013 at 12:24 AM

My doctors receptionist handed me an Obamacare form that she wanted me to fill out. After my real name, every other answer was “NOYB”.

csdeven on November 20, 2013 at 12:41 AM

Pediatricians are dang near family members to many parents. Parents who vote.

only to rich, entitled parents

nonpartisan on November 19, 2013 at 9:35 PM

Wow! I was a rich, entitled parent and never even knew it!

I guess the living-paycheck-to-paycheck thing had me fooled at the time. Especially during that 3-month period when I was unemployed and the only paycheck coming in was my wife’s part-time job.

There Goes the Neighborhood on November 20, 2013 at 12:47 AM

I have to say, though, if you really want to see some angry women, tell them that they have to change their gynecologist.

That does not go over well. It’s almost like they think they should have a say in such things.

There Goes the Neighborhood on November 20, 2013 at 12:57 AM

How poor was nonpartisan when he was young? Let me tell you how poor he was. If he hadn’t been born a boy he wouldn’t have had a single thing to play with.

el rey on November 20, 2013 at 1:10 AM

only to rich, entitled parents

nonpartisan on November 19, 2013 at 9:35 PM

As a parent who is living paycheck to paycheck and has never let any of his boys go without their well-checks or immunizations, even during a two-year period with no insurance and two layoffs, go frack yourself.

The Schaef on November 20, 2013 at 5:09 AM

There Goes the Neighborhood on November 20, 2013 at 12:57 AM

Well, I would wonder about that. I recall all the feminists insisting on their right to privacy–supposedly won in Roe vs. Wade–but they certainly rushed to throw that right away and give their medical privacy to millions of laughing bureaucrats working the Obamacare machine.
Feminism is subservient to socialism it appears-gynecologists notwithstanding.

Don L on November 20, 2013 at 6:50 AM

This stuttering, stammering little dolt is despicable.

rplat on November 20, 2013 at 7:18 AM

Seems the success of Bin Laden raid by Seal Team 6 using the intel network set up by President Bush.

obama was front row getting his photo taken looking concerned and presidential
but
NSA, IRS , FAST N FURIOUS, BENGHAZI, SOLNDRA, EPA SECRET EMAILS, SPYING ON AMERICANS BUGGING AP PHONES. Obama says he “JUST FOUND OUT BY WATCHING DA NEWS”

well what does he watch CARTOONS?

anyway so that means
Obama is either totally INCOMPETENT or a PROFESSIONAL LIAR.
which is it?
and who is really in charge?

sniffles1999 on November 20, 2013 at 7:20 AM

only to rich, entitled parents

nonpartisan on November 19, 2013 at 9:35 PM

Entitled? Really?

I grew up at the lower end of the middle class and our family had a pediatrician who saw both my older sister and older brother, who knew the health concerns of our family and who did, indeed, care about each of us. He also saw children from our extended families who were over that nebulous dividing line between lower middle class and lower class.

We paid out of pocket.

He and his wife ran the office, and she was a nurse.

There was no entitlement involved as it was necessary to have early childhood vaccinations given at a physicians office and to have a physician make sure you got them and then wait a half-hour for any side effects.

He also referred us to specialists, doctors that he knew and had worked with and had feedback from other families on how well they did their work. This was before the era of physician networks run by insurance companies, but networks of professional association.

And the thing is, he took our financial situation into account in charging our family for his services. He did that with each family involved, and did not discriminate on basis of color or financial status. You were ‘entitled’ to his service by finding him, coming into his practice and seeking his help as a physician.

He did that on his own, with no mandates, no edicts from any government but as a physician who saw his professional responsibility to care for the patients who came through his door and understand the situation of the family involved so that visiting him would not hurt the family.

You know an old fashioned ethical doctor who took those things into account that you feel is ‘entitlement’ but was really just good business procedure and ethical handling of the sick? I’ve seen what this modern system is creating and it is much, much worse than the system we had… but that is because government, regulation and insurance companies are involved. The service is worse, less affordable and less available because of all of that.

But that is just my experience growing up in a family that had three growing children to care for and who were willing to scrimp and save so that the children got decent medical care by an ethical physician who actually cared about the family. That was the norm for when I grew up back in those archaic days of the late 1960′s and early 1970′s. It had ethical doctors who were also good businessmen, and they didn’t live much better than the patients they served. I’m sorry you don’t have that as a yardstick against which recent decades can be measured.

Screw nobility.

You can’t mandate ethics like that. You can’t force it from the top-down. And for flexible, affordable treatment to the rich and poor alike, you don’t need a government: just ethical physicians willing to treat those who find them and work out an affordable price with those paying the bills. That is how free men handle their liberty, their freedom – with the help of their fellow man.

‘Entitlement’ only comes by fiat and grant from power of government and we are far, far worse off for all the entitlements than for expecting professionals to act ethically in accordance to their skill and oath to their profession and its standards. Free men do not need the help of government to care for the sick or the poor, and when you have government do so you create ‘entitlement’. Yet before this era of government regulations people did not die in the streets and the poor, the sick were tended to by those who cared about their condition.

ajacksonian on November 20, 2013 at 7:35 AM

Scooter pouting, looks upset.

HB3 on November 20, 2013 at 7:48 AM

So many words. So little said. Does Carney get paid by the inane word uttered?

kenro85 on November 20, 2013 at 8:11 AM

Pediatricians are dang near family members to many parents.

We chose a pediatrician that was highly recommended by friends. My two year-old daughter had a rash. Just in case, we took her in. The doc examined her, thought for a few moments with a puzzled look, and examined her more. She then went to her office for a while to research. She came back and instructed us to admit her immediately for treatment with immunosuppressants.

It turns out she had a very rare syndrome. According to the documents the doc supplied, if her treatment would have been delayed for two days, her statistical chance of surviving past adolescence would have been very low.

Yea, we “like our doctor”.

Tsar of Earth on November 20, 2013 at 8:15 AM

Minor nit: at this point, any post detailing a problem with Obamacare that begins with “It Begins:” can not be taken seriously. Go with “The avalanche continues” or something like that.

Chris of Rights on November 20, 2013 at 8:22 AM

nonpartisan on November 19, 2013 at 10:18 PM

Without any doubt, you are the biggest liar on this forum… You lie so brazenly like Obama…

mnjg on November 20, 2013 at 8:32 AM

Obamacare puts many people into an adversarial role with the government that have never experienced that before.

claudius on November 20, 2013 at 8:43 AM

Why does that WA state woman still support a president who has repeatedly lied to face about pretty much everything since he was first elected and support a supposed health care law that is causing so much suffering for those who have lost their insurance and now doctors and can’t afford the spiffy new Ocare insurance plans? If she was asked what it is exactly that the regime has done to make her life better, could she even come up with an answer? This is what we are up against when entitlement reform comes up.

Kissmygrits on November 20, 2013 at 8:55 AM

Cloward and Piven baby

Collapsing the system is all going according to the Marxist Socialist plan.

Will Obama propose his own American version of an “ENABLING ACT” to deal with those pesky healthcare issues, like Maduro now has in Venezuela?

PappyD61 on November 20, 2013 at 8:56 AM

This is a great article/back-story on the political strategy the Left is using with a variety of industries/economic areas.

See if this sounds familiar.

First proposed in 1966 and named after Columbia University sociologists Richard Andrew Cloward and Frances Fox Piven, the Cloward-Piven Strategy seeks to hasten the fall of capitalism by overloading the government bureaucracy with a flood of impossible demands, thus pushing society into crisis and economic collapse.

Inspired by the August 1965 riots in the black district of Watts in Los Angeles (which erupted after police had used batons to subdue an African American man suspected of drunk driving), Cloward and Piven published an article titled “The Weight of the Poor: A Strategy to End Poverty” in the May 2, 1966 issue of The Nation. Following its publication, The Nation sold an unprecedented 30,000 reprints. Activists were abuzz over the so-called “crisis strategy” or “Cloward-Piven Strategy,” as it came to be called. Many were eager to put it into effect.

In their 1966 article, Cloward and Piven charged that the ruling classes used welfare to weaken the poor; that by providing a social safety net, the rich doused the fires of rebellion. Poor people can advance only when “the rest of society is afraid of them,” Cloward told The New York Times on September 27, 1970. Rather than placating the poor with government hand-outs, wrote Cloward and Piven, activists should work to sabotage and destroy the welfare system; the collapse of the welfare state would ignite a political and financial crisis that would rock the nation; poor people would rise in revolt; only then would “the rest of society” accept their demands.

The key to sparking this rebellion would be to expose the inadequacy of the welfare state. Cloward-Piven’s early promoters cited radical organizer Saul Alinsky as their inspiration. “Make the enemy live up to their (sic) own book of rules,” Alinsky wrote in his 1971 book Rules for Radicals. When pressed to honor every word of every law and statute, every Judeo-Christian moral tenet, and every implicit promise of the liberal social contract, human agencies inevitably fall short. The system’s failure to “live up” to its rule book can then be used to discredit it altogether, and to replace the capitalist “rule book” with a socialist one.

The authors noted that the number of Americans subsisting on welfare — about 8 million, at the time — probably represented less than half the number who were technically eligible for full benefits. They proposed a “massive drive to recruit the poor onto the welfare rolls.” Cloward and Piven calculated that persuading even a fraction of potential welfare recipients to demand their entitlements would bankrupt the system. The result, they predicted, would be “a profound financial and political crisis” that would unleash “powerful forces for major economic reform at the national level.”

Their article called for “cadres of aggressive organizers” to use “demonstrations to create a climate of militancy.” Intimidated by threats of black violence, politicians would appeal to the federal government for help. Carefully orchestrated media campaigns, carried out by friendly, leftwing journalists, would float the idea of “a federal program of income redistribution,” in the form of a guaranteed living income for all — working and non-working people alike.

Local officials would clutch at this idea like drowning men to a lifeline. They would apply pressure on Washington to implement it. With every major city erupting into chaos, Washington would have to act. This was an example of what are commonly called Trojan Horse movements — mass movements whose outward purpose seems to be providing material help to the downtrodden, but whose real objective is to draft poor people into service as revolutionary foot soldiers; to mobilize poor people en masse to overwhelm government agencies with a flood of demands beyond the capacity of those agencies to meet. The flood of demands was calculated to break the budget, jam the bureaucratic gears into gridlock, and bring the system crashing down. Fear, turmoil, violence and economic collapse would accompany such a breakdown — providing perfect conditions for fostering radical change.

Bingo, “We are five days away from FUNDAMENTALLY transforming the United States of America”.

PappyD61 on November 20, 2013 at 9:05 AM

Dangit, I missed a troll surfacing?

itsspideyman on November 20, 2013 at 9:21 AM

only to rich, entitled parents

nonpartisan on November 19, 2013 at 9:35 PM

that’s one of the most dishonest things you’ve said, and that’s saying a lot. It might be true that your parents hated you and did not take you to a doctor (I can see why they would despise you), but the reality is that poor people have access to doctors – even without failurecare. And to claim otherwise is stupid, ignorant and dishonest.

Of course, you embrace that trifecta, so I don’t expect yhour behavior to change.

Monkeytoe on November 20, 2013 at 9:41 AM

nonpartisan on November 19, 2013 at 10:18 PM

mnjg on November 20, 2013 at 8:32 AM

Like all liberals, the only way dipshit can “argue” is by lying. Facts don’t help his cause. Logic doesn’t help his cause. So, what is a good liberal left with? total and complete dishonesty. If you like your doctor. . . . If you like your plan . . . . Obamacare will save money . . . Everyone’s insurance will be cheaper . . . .

I ask these idiots all the time – if they truly believe that their ideology is right, why is it they have to always lie? Any self-aware person would see the cognitive dissonance. That if you are correct in a position, you should not have to lie to support that position. But liberals do not. They use “end justifies means” logic to believe that even though they must always lie in pursuit of their preferred policies and candidates, somehow they fight for truth. How an end built on nothing but lies will be universal truth eludes most people. But not a committed liberal. they can see a glorious building built on nothing but lies equaling absolute truth.

Sad.

Monkeytoe on November 20, 2013 at 9:45 AM

Feminism is subservient to socialism it appears-gynecologists notwithstanding.

Don L on November 20, 2013 at 6:50 AM

Privacy? Wait until you have to answer the long list of very invasive questions for your medical files that are mandated by the odious Obamacare. That data will be just as easy for you to hack into as healthcare.gov.

slickwillie2001 on November 20, 2013 at 10:08 AM

“When we said ‘you can keep your doctor’, we meant as friends. Because friends are good, amirite? And money always seems to come between friends, so: You can keep him as friends, but no, like, paying him or her for Doctor stuff, because it would ruin the relationship.”

“And that’s TOTALLY what Dear Leader meant when he said it, and anyone who claims otherwise is a Tea Party Raaaacisst!”

orangemtl on November 20, 2013 at 11:15 AM

only to rich, entitled parents

nonpartisan on November 19, 2013 at 9:35 PM

I’m sorry you were that poor, or neglected. But it’s not a “rich, entitled” thing to have a pediatrician.

Alana on November 20, 2013 at 11:29 AM

only to rich, entitled parents

nonpartisan on November 19, 2013 at 9:35 PM

that explains so so much.

dmacleo on November 20, 2013 at 11:33 AM

In many markets, entire doctor network systems are being denied. In St. Louis, neither of the two plans (yes that big choice is only two here), offer access to the BJC system, which includes the Washington University Physicians, the Siteman Cancer Center, Kling Proton Center, Children’s Hospital, etc. These facilities and physicians are the last line of care for serious cancer cases. The local hospitals where Obama Care will work, today will refer you to the BJC system. Not after January 1. If you like your cancer, you can keep it. Nobody is going to care about the website after January 1. Then you are going to see cancer patients turned away from the only doctors who can keep them alive.

flyoverland on November 20, 2013 at 2:31 PM

If Medicare eligible professionals, or EPs, do not adopt and successfully demonstrate meaningful use of a certified electronic health record (EHR) technology by 2015, the EP’s Medicare physician fee schedule amount for covered professional services will be adjusted down by 1% each year.

They can also be disciplined by the state board and have their medial license revoked. I have read that nearly 20% of all EP’s may have their Medical License revoked by 2016.

Put this to your Obama care pipe and smoke it.

All the big mess, The possibility of wholesale ID Theft, Blackmail, Trillion dollar costs and 20% fewer EP’s on top of it all. What a deal. I’m glad are Government has really TOP, TOP people working on this.

jpcpt03 on November 20, 2013 at 3:00 PM

Obamacare will even reduce choice in the Medicare population.

My doc quit accepting Medicare 3 years ago; you can bet more will now.

ladyingray on November 20, 2013 at 5:39 PM

Jay Carney, just lookin[‘ at him makes me want to dunk his head in a toilet, give him a wedgie and steal his lunch money.

Oldnuke on November 20, 2013 at 5:57 PM