Flashback: Landrieu said she’d be 100% accountable for Obamacare’s outcomes

posted at 7:31 pm on November 15, 2013 by Mary Katharine Ham

Guy posted this earlier in the Green Room, but worth bringing forward to highlight once again what shameless clods these guys were from the beginning. It was all good to be “accountable” for Obamacare back when it wasn’t yet operable and ticking everyone off. And, don’t believe for one second that Democrats voting for this bill had no idea people would lose their plans. That was an *intended consequence* of the law, and they all knew it. If they didn’t, they should, in the style of that Bill Engvall bit, wear signs. “Heeeeere’s your sign!”

Here’s the transcript of the woman who’s now scrambling to undo the things she said she’d happily be 100 percent accountable for in ’09. Enjoy the ads, Senator:

QUESTION: My question would be about accountability. Would you be willing to accept 100% responsibility, 100% accountability for the failure or success of whatever you vote for?”

MARY LANDRIEU: I do, already, because that’s what I do every election. I mean I, you all have to…when I run for reelection you say to me “Senator we like what you’ve done we voted for you, we don’t like what you’ve done we voted against you.”

Comments

Ship of Fools.

VorDaj on November 15, 2013 at 7:37 PM

Squeal piggy Squealll!!

jawkneemusic on November 15, 2013 at 7:38 PM

‘If they don’t like Obamacare, they can unelect us.’

- Senator Mary Landrieu, 2009

Will do.

Resist We Much on November 15, 2013 at 7:42 PM

Laundrieu must be held accountable. The Obamacare mess is a reality thanks in part to the bayou buyout. She should not be able to slither out of a mess she helped create.

stuartm650 on November 15, 2013 at 7:43 PM

I would not want to be that pint of chunky monkey in her freezer tonight.
You broke it, you buy it, b!tch.

HornetSting on November 15, 2013 at 7:43 PM

And the whinging about the prospects of being held accountable start in 10,9,8,…..

Athos on November 15, 2013 at 7:49 PM

Its Louisiana. Do y’all have that much faith in Louisiana?

cozmo on November 15, 2013 at 7:50 PM

She said she’d be accountable, not accountable-accountable.

Stoic Patriot on November 15, 2013 at 7:51 PM

HornetSting on November 15, 2013 at 7:43 PM

Do you think she gets anything in pint size?

cozmo on November 15, 2013 at 7:51 PM

HornetSting on November 15, 2013 at 7:43 PM

Do you think she gets anything in pint size?

cozmo on November 15, 2013 at 7:51 PM

Only her third chin.

HornetSting on November 15, 2013 at 7:53 PM

Its Louisiana. Do y’all have that much faith in Louisiana?

cozmo on November 15, 2013 at 7:50 PM

Well, they did elect governor Jindal.

And this is a midterm election, voter turnout will be relatively low. More informed voters should be showing up at the polls. The low information voters will be home, glued to their TV sets, watching American Idol or something.

UltimateBob on November 15, 2013 at 7:56 PM

Will she return the Louisiana Purchase?

Kafir on November 15, 2013 at 7:57 PM

Every time I see her, I have this uncontrollable desire for … BACON!

TXUS on November 15, 2013 at 7:57 PM

“When I said 100%, I meant 100% of the 5% Dear Leader subsequently threw out there …”

ShainS on November 15, 2013 at 7:57 PM

Every time I see her, I have this uncontrollable desire for … BACON!

TXUS on November 15, 2013 at 7:57 PM

The sight of her makes me lose my appetite altogether.

UltimateBob on November 15, 2013 at 7:58 PM

Own it, baby…

OmahaConservative on November 15, 2013 at 8:03 PM

Will she return the Louisiana Purchase?

Kafir on November 15, 2013 at 7:57 PM

no..that would be like …accountability…
besides Libs never return ill-gotten gains…ever…

besides your stuff is really just her stuff she is letting you hold till she wants it back..

going2mars on November 15, 2013 at 8:03 PM

UltimateBob on November 15, 2013 at 7:56 PM

And then they elected Mary’s brother to be mayor of New Orleans.

The collective intelligence of the state has increased a little since getting rid of the drive-thru daiquiri shops. The operative word in that sentence is little.

cozmo on November 15, 2013 at 8:03 PM

100% accountable. Period. Translation: Who me??

mydh12 on November 15, 2013 at 8:03 PM

Should have just promoted Guy’s Green Room post. I liked his writeup.

bluegill on November 15, 2013 at 8:04 PM

Good to remember.

bluegill on November 15, 2013 at 8:05 PM

So, the stupid b*tch wants to be held accountable? HOLD her accountable.

FIRE LANDRIEU!

Pork-Chop on November 15, 2013 at 8:59 PM

Ex-mayor and judge Moon-daddy Landrieu isn’t going to like the loss of DC connections, power and loot should Miss Piggy get the boot next November.

viking01 on November 15, 2013 at 9:23 PM

There is little accountability for politicians. They all know that.

David Blue on November 15, 2013 at 9:43 PM

yikes, project that out a few years after she loses and she will have to have a wall removed from her house to get her outside.

deimos on November 15, 2013 at 9:44 PM

It’s STILL not operable, as the last month and a half has shown.

arik1969 on November 15, 2013 at 9:47 PM

“I am sorry Mary Landrieu, I’m not going to be put into a situation based on the sorry-assed assurances you have given me”

J_Crater on November 15, 2013 at 9:58 PM

I always said Claire McCaskill, if on the verge of losing on election night (unfortunately with the idiot opponent she had she didn’t need to do it) she would literally cry tears to keep her seat in some emotional speech. I would say the same of Landrieu. As disgusting as it would sound, I think it would be worth tens of thousands of votes.

Marcus on November 15, 2013 at 10:01 PM

I would not want to be that pint of chunky monkey in her freezer tonight.
You broke it, you buy it, b!tch.

HornetSting on November 15, 2013 at 7:43 PM

You are the absolute best. Always impressed with how you hold back.

arnold ziffel on November 15, 2013 at 10:04 PM

Bye-bye Mary. Don’t let the door hit you in the ass on the way out!

GarandFan on November 15, 2013 at 10:16 PM

Accountable? Yeah, right.

Philly on November 15, 2013 at 10:28 PM

It was 2009, and Landrieu figured that there was plenty of time for someone to somehow make Obamacare palatable for enough of the kind of morons that vote for her. In fact, it shouldn’t have been too hard to shield Demorons from the pain of this law until the late two thousand teens, and attempts were made at that, but they failed. Socialists are incompetent, so failing is what they do. Louisiana voters, rub the little piggy’s face in it.

86 on November 15, 2013 at 10:44 PM

A fine time for James O’Keefe to drop by and see if Mary’s phones have been, er, working lately.

viking01 on November 15, 2013 at 10:57 PM

Some people really do need plastic surgery and or facial reconstruction.

Sherman1864 on November 15, 2013 at 11:01 PM

Mary Katharine Ham

It’s STILL not operable, as the last month and a half has shown.

arik1969 on November 15, 2013 at 9:47 PM

At the risk of provoking MKH, I’m going to take it upon myself to reword this the way I think she meant it:

“It was all good to be accountable for Obamacare” … before it’s EPICALLY FAILED LAUNCH.

Am I right, Mary?

listens2glenn on November 15, 2013 at 11:10 PM

Retire the witch from Hell.

Schadenfreude on November 15, 2013 at 11:26 PM

Bye-bye Mary. Don’t let the door hit you in the ass on the way out!

GarandFan on November 15, 2013 at 10:16 PM

That ass might be a little hard to miss.

HiJack on November 15, 2013 at 11:55 PM

Mary, Mary quite contrary…

SouthernGent on November 16, 2013 at 12:00 AM

Louisiana, you know what to do — Landrieu owns it, let her be held accountable for it. Vote her out.

Conservchik on November 16, 2013 at 12:16 AM

Landrieu has been Harry Reid’s puppet for her entire term this time. She and Hagan (NC) are probably sunk, Pryor in Arkansas also.

It’s way overdue, as statewide politics in Louisiana has been trending Republican for the last few decades. When she falls, I’ll lift a glass in celebration.

Adjoran on November 16, 2013 at 12:42 AM

I live in New Orleans, a northerner here 25 years

She squeeked out her first senate victory. – many claimed fraud

A few things that worry me

Louisianians vote based on who they know
As PT Barnum said ” any press is good press”

She has been crafting pro drill and pro bp cleanup legislatIon or at least gets on the stump about it
Always a camera crew on hand
People are easily swayed she is looking after them when really she is looking after herself

David Vitter has this affair and yet voters overlooked it and voted him back in
So they are forgiving

Many cradldle ti grave handout mentality people in LA
They will votes for their freebies

No strong republican opponent yet

I pray that she is gone, she deserves to be
And all the other dems up for re election

We need to take the senate desperately with true leadership not McConnel or Bohner

Erase this mess that flew in on war fatigue in 2006

audiotom on November 16, 2013 at 1:29 AM

I would not want to be that pint of chunky monkey in her freezer tonight.
You broke it, you buy it, b!tch.

HornetSting on November 15, 2013 at 7:43 PM

…I like it…when you come back to visit!
(:->)

KOOLAID2 on November 16, 2013 at 2:59 AM

…that woman is a sow!

KOOLAID2 on November 16, 2013 at 3:47 AM

…I apologize to sows!

KOOLAID2 on November 16, 2013 at 3:47 AM

If some Tea Partier was a merry prankster sort, he would sign up for the D party and then Primary her.

Yeah, you probably wouldn’t win (although be warned, you might), but the more she blathers and spins her wheels the more ammo she hands out for the election. You don’t need to do really great, just get 15-20% of the vote in the D party to put a scare into her… a couple of beer bashes should do it.

ajacksonian on November 16, 2013 at 5:45 AM

If Hot Air keeps posting this stuff about Obamacare, poor non-partisan is going to get bored again and end up being led away in a straitjacket..

…not that that is a bad thing, mind you…

zoyclem on November 16, 2013 at 6:04 AM

I recall many years ago I thought she was one of the better looking Democrats on the national stage. I haven’t really seen any photos of her in recent years but, obviously her time in the Senate hasn’t been very kind to her physical appearance.

Come to think of it, maybe she’s still one of the better looking Democrats on the national stage. Scary thought, that…

moo on November 16, 2013 at 6:43 AM

100% accountable means nothing to a politician.

albill on November 16, 2013 at 7:39 AM

Nice to watch the Democrats when their hair is on fire!!!

yoda on November 16, 2013 at 8:30 AM

I hope her opponent realizes he/she is shortly going to become a racist, bigot, homophobic, warring on women sexist with media and pundits all over La screaming about it. Whoever her opponent is better be ready.

Jackson on November 16, 2013 at 10:08 AM

shes walking dead. we’re already up to 49. lets concentrate on getting 50, 51 and 52. why waste time on her dead carcass.

t8stlikchkn on November 16, 2013 at 10:33 AM

“I am sorry Rep. Jared Polis, I’m not going to be put into a situation based on the sorry-assed assurances you have given me”

J_Crater on November 16, 2013 at 12:36 PM

Let’s not forget that her Louisiana buyout was finalized behind closed doors after multiple promises by Dear Leader liar Obama that C-span would cover the ACA negotiations to insure “transparency”. Obama’s lies seem to have been forgotten until the one lie that started costing a lot of people real-time.

I find this scary: Obama has proven that multiple lies from political candidates don’t matter – it’s almost like people like lies, they sound good like pop music. The rule is: just don’t make lies that at one point will cost too many people their money. Otherwise, no problem for silver tongue politicians.

Chessplayer on November 16, 2013 at 1:26 PM

Wouldn’t be too confident about taking down Landrieu. Obamacare will help, but Reps have gone after her with both barrels before and lost.

Robert_Paulson on November 16, 2013 at 2:43 PM

Flashback: Landrieu said she’d be 100% accountable for Obamacare’s outcomes

She had to fraud her way into her last win. I’m guessing that this time she’ll get the accountability wish. Louisiana is a red state…she’s toast.

cajunpatriot on November 16, 2013 at 5:00 PM