Video: The Rev. Billy Graham’s last sermon

posted at 8:11 pm on November 8, 2013 by Mary Katharine Ham

The Rev. Bill Graham celebrated his 95th birthday Thursday with a gathering and the presentation of a video his son Franklin says will be his last message to the nation.

There’s a suggestion in my family that we may be related to the Dr. Mordecai Ham under whose revival tent Graham met Jesus. I’m not sure we’ve ever nailed that down, but if so, it’d be an honor.

Happy birthday, Rev. Graham. May you be blessed. John 3:16 Philippians 1:3

The full video message, titled “My Hope America” is available, here.

Comments

Well done good and faithful servant.

neyney on November 8, 2013 at 8:23 PM

MKH? Not just a fiscal conservative?

oldroy on November 8, 2013 at 8:27 PM

“I have fought the good fight, I have finished the course, I have kept the faith.”

Wethal on November 8, 2013 at 8:29 PM

Well done good and faithful servant.

neyney on November 8, 2013 at 8:23 PM

Dittos, and amen.

He helped keep Christianity front and center in this country, during the worst of the 1960s thru the ’70s.
HEY “GRAY LADY” ! … why don’t you print another “God Is Dead” story, and see how well it sells?

listens2glenn on November 8, 2013 at 8:31 PM

Romans 3:23

New International Version (NIV)

… for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God…..

Tis true, but Billy and Mother Teresa had very short falls. May God bless you Billy and keep you here to celebrate 100.

hillsoftx on November 8, 2013 at 8:33 PM

Wow. This is beautiful. Thank you, Reverend Graham.

Pork-Chop on November 8, 2013 at 8:36 PM

For any interested persons here, there will be two consecutive half-hour presentations relating to Rev Graham on TheBlaze TV network, tomorrow night, beginning at 7:00 PM ET.

For those of you stuck with Comcast, or Direct TV … you have my deepest sympathies.

listens2glenn on November 8, 2013 at 8:37 PM

I love seeing his face and hearing his voice! Happy Birthday and well done!

JellyToast on November 8, 2013 at 8:45 PM

MKH? Not just a fiscal conservative?

oldroy on November 8, 2013 at 8:27 PM

She’s solid.

tdau1997 on November 8, 2013 at 8:51 PM

Whenever I watch one of Billy’s older Crusades, when he was in his prime as a speaker, I’m in awe. If Billy had chosen a sinister path (i.e. Mr. Graham Goes to Washington) instead of walking with God, I tremble at the kind of damage he and his oratory skills could have done.

Scopper on November 8, 2013 at 8:54 PM

the testimony from the female rockstar was so powerful, the hairs on my neck were standing straight up. What an amazing testimony.

Creston on November 8, 2013 at 8:55 PM

…I Love the Man!

KOOLAID2 on November 8, 2013 at 8:59 PM

I used to work for him. He’s the genuine article.

CurtZHP on November 8, 2013 at 9:41 PM

God continue to bless you Rev Graham…you have always spoken the Truth…

crosshugger on November 8, 2013 at 9:44 PM

Although used by many a politician he appears to have remained faithful to his calling.

Can’t even imagine the line of people that will be waiting to shake his hand on the other side that are there because of his faithfulness.

My parents and Grandparents watched him repeatedly over the years and his children have been great credits to he and his wife Ruth.

What more could you ask for in a life?

Thank you Reverend Graham.

PappyD61 on November 8, 2013 at 10:01 PM

Both testimonies were great. I could relate more to her testimony.

SouthernGent on November 8, 2013 at 10:11 PM

Billy Graham always true to the Word.

15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned. Mark 16

He fought to save souls who were lost to God

4 What man of you, having an hundred sheep, if he lose one of them, doth not leave the ninety and nine in the wilderness, and go after that which is lost, until he find it?

5 And when he hath found it, he layeth it on his shoulders, rejoicing.

6 And when he cometh home, he calleth together his friends and neighbours, saying unto them, Rejoice with me; for I have found my sheep which was lost.Luke 15

God bless you Billy

entagor on November 8, 2013 at 10:35 PM

Happy Birthday, Billy Graham!

22044 on November 8, 2013 at 10:59 PM

I found the video and its testimonies very moving. Something very powerful about a life lived faithfully to the Lord. And it is a marathon, not a sprint. How badly this nation needs the Light.

paul1149 on November 8, 2013 at 11:01 PM

Billy Graham is a man of Biblical importance to Christianity. When you consider the millions of people he has led to Christ in every corner or the world for 70 years its mind boggling. Not to mention the countless people he inspired to become Preachers…and so on and so on. God Bless Billy Graham!!!!!

AmeriCuda on November 8, 2013 at 11:02 PM

Happy Birthday Rev Graham. Thank you for being such a wonderful representation of what it means to be a Christian. You are a remarkable man.

gophergirl on November 8, 2013 at 11:10 PM

Amen.

hillbillyjim on November 8, 2013 at 11:12 PM

I attended a Crusade in 1973. A powerful speaker and a good man of God.

One guy from my church volunteered to be one of the counselors at that Crusade to whom the people who make a decision come down and talk. He said during the training they told the counselors to use breath mints and not breath fresheners packaged like Binaca. They didn’t want those coming down during the altar call to see a bunch of people lifting up bottles and taking a swig in preparation!

whatcat on November 8, 2013 at 11:22 PM

He’s been quoted as saying that if he had to do it all over again he’d do it differently.

Said he’d take twelve men and train them and send them out to train 12 other men, and so on.

Better results that way. He got the idea from some book he read, I guess.

Cleombrotus on November 8, 2013 at 11:35 PM

He got the idea from some book he read, I guess.

Hmmm.

hillbillyjim on November 8, 2013 at 11:37 PM

Wethal on November 8, 2013 at 8:29 PM

“Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.”

I was an area director for the Indianapolis crusade back in 1979, as I recall. Also a counselor and a member of the choir under Cliff Barrows. Heard George Beverly Shea sing. What a group! A privilege I will never forget.

IrishEyes on November 8, 2013 at 11:44 PM

Vampires and leprechauns.

thejackal on November 9, 2013 at 2:35 AM

Vampires and leprechauns.

thejackal on November 9, 2013 at 2:35 AM

“I’m a miserable missionary of discontent!” -thejackal

Anti-Control on November 9, 2013 at 2:48 AM

Anti-Control on November 9, 2013 at 2:48 AM

LOL!!!

thejackal on November 9, 2013 at 2:57 AM

Billy Graham did a week in Las Vegas. I was there for every night. Wow! What a privilege to hear this man of God. I also saw him at the Champaign/Urbana missionary conference in 1978. I’ll definitely want to talk to him once I get to heaven.

Mojave Mark on November 9, 2013 at 5:58 AM

Happy Birthday, Billy! Well done.

itsnotaboutme on November 9, 2013 at 7:05 AM

I remember going and seeing him at a crusade at Williams-Brice Stadium in Columbia, South Carolina back in 1987. The response at the end was unbelievable. People from ALL religions were there to see this man of God. I thank God I had the privilege to see this man live. Happy Birthday Rev. Graham and thank you.

Tim_B on November 9, 2013 at 9:15 AM

People from ALL religions were there to see this man of God.

Try again.

thejackal on November 9, 2013 at 10:10 AM

Thank God for sending us these true men of faith. For without there words and preaching we would surely slip farther into the depths of sin.

trs on November 9, 2013 at 10:52 AM

their

No offense. Just sayin’.

thejackal on November 9, 2013 at 11:03 AM

God bless you, Rev. Graham. There’s no man I admire more. Your legacy will live on forever.

GOPRanknFile on November 9, 2013 at 2:04 PM

People from ALL religions were there to see this man of God.

Try again.

thejackal on November 9, 2013 at 10:10 AM

I was there and you were not, so your comment is moot. thejackal I get it, you hate the man and you will rebut anything to the contrary. Remember, Jesus died for you, too.

Tim_B on November 9, 2013 at 2:29 PM

Tim_B on November 9, 2013 at 2:29 PM

What makes you think I hate him? Is that how your mind really works?

thejackal on November 9, 2013 at 5:06 PM

So glad Fox News aired the video.

jediwebdude on November 9, 2013 at 6:29 PM