Incoming RGA chair Chris Christie to SC Republicans: I want to help Lindsey Graham get reelected

posted at 11:21 am on November 6, 2013 by Allahpundit

If we’re going to burn Christie in RINO effigy, we might as well have lots of gasoline for the fire.

In the interview, Mr. Christie said intelligent voices were being drowned out in Washington, and described the effort led by Senator Ted Cruz of Texas to cut off funding for President Obama’s health care program as “a monumental failure.”…

Mr. Christie’s national profile will only increase later this month as he assumes leadership of the Republican Governors Association, which gives him sway over which state candidates the party will support, allowing him to rack up favors with other Republicans and create relationships with local leaders in key presidential states.

In the interview, Mr. Christie said he would be appearing frequently in “places like Ohio and Michigan and Florida,” all states with incumbent Republican governors up for re-election next year. He has also told South Carolina Republicans that he wants to help Senator Lindsey Graham, who is facing a conservative primary challenge next year. And in New Hampshire, which has the country’s first presidential primary, the national committeeman, Stephen Duprey, said he was inviting Mr. Christie to the state to discuss policy and to raise money for the party.

Why would the head of the Republican Governors Association go to bat for a U.S. senator … who hails from one of the key presidential primary states? Oh. Oh. Still, I think there’s more to this than Christie just wanting face time with Carolina voters and a grateful surrogate locally. Backing a pro-amnesty, super-hawkish incumbent like Graham is his way of brand-building. He knows he’s not going to win tea partiers in 2016, especially with Paul and (maybe) Ted Cruz in the mix, so here’s his chance to impress centrists and the donor class by showing them he’s not afraid to do battle with the right, even if it means helping one of grassroots righties’ Most Wanted to another term in the Senate. And if things go badly wrong in SC and Graham is overwhelmed by conservatives in the primary, that’ll be a message to Christie that he needs to tack right in 2015 during the presidential primaries to make amends.

There’s actually an easy way for him to hedge his bets: Tim Scott, who was appointed earlier this year to fill Jim DeMint’s Senate vacancy, will also face voters next year in a special election to determine who’ll serve out the last two years of DeMint’s term. Going to bat for him too would give Christie a bit of cover among tea partiers. And between the two of them, Christie could signal to black voters and to Latino voters, per Graham’s vocal support for immigration reform, that he wants to try to make further inroads with them after last night’s landslide. No joke:

exit

Then again, would Christie volunteer to help Scott when he refused to help Ken Cuccinelli? Probably, yeah. The reason he stayed away from Cuccinelli, I suspect, isn’t because of the association with tea partiers, it’s because he thought Cooch was a dead duck and didn’t want any part of his looming defeat spilling over and spoiling Christie’s big night. (E.g., “Does Cuccinelli’s loss prove that Christie won’t play outside New Jersey?”) Scott, however, is almost a lock to win in SC next year so campaigning for him is all upside. Christie wants to be seen as “not a tea partier,” not “anti-tea party.” You can get nominated if you’re in the first group, as we know from 2012, but maybe you can’t if you’re in the second — and even if you can, who knows how much that perception would discourage righties into staying home in the general election. This is why Christie was careful to praise the tea party in his interview with Jake Tapper yesterday and to focus his criticism on tea-party leaders like Ted Cruz instead. He doesn’t want to be seen as rejecting the movement, just certain members of it. That might be enough to keep a critical mass of conservatives on board if he makes it to the general.

Here’s Charlie Cook fantasizing on MSNBC this morning about Christie ripping a tea partier’s lungs out or something. Click the image to watch.

cco

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

“Bobby Jindal’s presidential campaign is over,” said the Cuccinelli advisor. “He screwed this up so bad. And I don’t know why. The campaign knew it was moving numbers over ObamaCare. And the RGA was not very far from that information, they could have obtained it themselves,” the advisor continued. “They should have given the money to the campaign to spend as opposed to running these stupid China ads. They just blew it.”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/11/06/cuccinelli-advisor-blames-bobby-jindal-rga-for-defeat-they-just-blew-it/#ixzz2jt7xZ12o

workingclass artist on November 6, 2013 at 12:37 PM

I’ve been away for a while.. and here I pop back in to see that suddenly we’re again as conservatives being attacked by so called moderates..

Christie can suck up to the TEA Party in the generic sense all he likes.. but when he attacks Ted Cruz,.. and others, he just continues to alienate the conservative base which is SICK of this craven pandering to the democrat worshiping media, which hates us all anyway..

So WHAT if Christie is popular with the media.. as the “electable” republican..

They lied to us so many times over who we should pick, based just on who can win,.. when the same media has zero intention of allowing any republican to win.. They’ll push Christie now.. and in 16..

and if he gets the nod.. (God help us)..

The same media will whirl around on him and bite the fat off his @ss before he can blink.. They’re leftist hacks, and sowing dissension and defeatism in the GOP is the plan they always follow..

They’ll find some teacher that Christie ripped in a Townhall..

and tell us she got cancer because Christie was mean to her.. and the stress lowered her immune system.. so AH HA… Christie gives teachers cancer..

we know this is how they play, they do it every time..

They simply choose to support rino’s for two reasons .. 1st.. because they hate us far more.. 2nd.. just in case the democrat screws the pooch and looses.. then they need not worry that any programs will be repealed..

Christie would just rearrange the deck chairs on the Titanic..

Ted Cruz would be leading the effort to build rafts..

If Christie is the nominee, I am done being a republican, forever..

I hate the idea of a third party, but the GOP is dying because it’s damned establishment class is so desperate to keep DC the same, they trash our newest and brightest conservatives with as much zeal as the democrat media does.

Christie has allowed them to use him to shatter what little party unity we have left, and for that alone..

he’s unfit.

mark81150 on November 6, 2013 at 12:38 PM

Townhall must have sounded the “Moderate Horn”.

Actually, it’s a kazoo. But, still…

kingsjester on November 6, 2013 at 12:38 PM

The New York Times‘ Jonathan Martin described Cuccinelli’s plight as having been “close to abandoned at the end.”

just know workingclassartist that our media lives to write these kinds of lines whether true or not. Consider the source and their motivations. Kooch came from 20 points back, the dems threw an indy in there to muddy he waters and he was outspent by tens of millions of dollars. The dems threw in the kitchen sink and barely won in a blue state. That’s the real story.

DanMan on November 6, 2013 at 12:39 PM

Doomberg on November 6, 2013 at 12:10 PM

You don’t kill the child for the sin of someone else.

Akin wasn’t a foaming at the mouth nutcase. He bumbled and fumbled and was unprepared to give a succinct and compassionate answer. There are people who are vocal pro-life advocates who were conceived by rape who are grateful to their mothers for their lives. The real problem is that politicians don’t spend some time thinking through and learning to articulate their thoughts.

INC on November 6, 2013 at 12:40 PM

mark81150 on November 6, 2013 at 12:38 PM

I don’t see alienating Texas as a winning GOP strategy…but then I’m a Texan

workingclass artist on November 6, 2013 at 12:41 PM

Looks like this jackass will be the nominee for the Republican Party. (Same story, third verse, McCain, Romney, and now Christie). Probably, same results. These RINOs or whatever you want to call them, only care about themselves and their control, to heck with the country.

mobydutch on November 6, 2013 at 12:42 PM

mark81150 on November 6, 2013 at 12:38 PM

I’m with mark.

DanMan on November 6, 2013 at 12:42 PM

I’ve never stayed home from an election, and I’ve voted for R’s I didn’t like because the Dems were worse. But I can’t see myself voting for Christie. He’s simply the most arrogant jerk of a RINO.

INC on November 6, 2013 at 12:43 PM

DanMan on November 6, 2013 at 12:39 PM

True.

I’m just watching what looks like a blitzkrieg this morning.

Donut goes after Cruz and Cuccinelli goes after Jindal and I’m sure Donut likes that

workingclass artist on November 6, 2013 at 12:44 PM

Christie will save the GOP or something…

*blech*

Rush is talking about this too…

workingclass artist on November 6, 2013 at 12:46 PM

I would just rather have a RINO President and a strong Republican congress that can ignore him if it wants to instead of President Clinton and a probably-less strong Republican congress constantly butting heads. That would be four wasted years. Even if Christie were to get a good amount of squishy Republicans elected to congress conservatives would still dominate, especially in the House.

But hell it’s 2 years away by then the country could be so sick of Obama that Ted Cruz looks like the next coming of JFK. Or our leadership in congress could keep shooting itself in the foot so we’re still in the hostile environment we’re in right now that makes Christie look better to me for the purpose of WINNING.

deepelemblues on November 6, 2013 at 11:49 AM

I don’t accept your premise.
If I want to vote for a fat democrat, I’ll vote for Hillary.
And, again, JFK is beloved because he was assassinated. We have a similar hack in the White House right now. All shiny siding and shit beneath.

Oh, and Christie, go spit you fat F&CK hack.

RovesChins on November 6, 2013 at 12:47 PM

mark81150 on November 6, 2013 at 12:38 PM

yep

M240H on November 6, 2013 at 12:49 PM

Without TEA the GOP will become Whigs. Might as well except that GOPe. So far as Christie goes.

I want to help Lindsey Graham get reelected

Should read.

I want to help 0 get reelected.

I can say with 100% certainty. I will not support Christie in his quest for the party of R nom.

Bmore on November 6, 2013 at 12:52 PM

If I want to vote for a fat democrat, I’ll vote for Hillary.
RovesChins on November 6, 2013 at 12:47 PM

Dude…Thanks for the laugh

workingclass artist on November 6, 2013 at 12:53 PM

I don’t see alienating Texas as a winning GOP strategy…but then I’m a Texan

workingclass artist on November 6, 2013 at 12:41 PM

I’ve only lived any amount of time in three states.. Ohio.. born bred, native Buckeye..

Wyoming… not bad,.. but I hate the prairie, I need trees, green growing farms and woods..

and Texas.. about 6 months while in training at Lackland AFB, and Camp Bullis..

if I had to choose any other state to live in..

It’d be Texas..

There is something wild and raw and alive about the state and it’s people. There is no pretense, people there say point blank what they think.. and that today.. is fading, even in Ohio..

No.. I’d annoy New York or California just for fun..

but Texas?..

I can’t see how anyone can win by insulting our best shock troops against the socialist left.. and their dead ideology.

Maybe once the kids graduate..

Think you’d want a busted up conservative.. long ago vet and family?

mark81150 on November 6, 2013 at 12:54 PM

I’m with Chris of Rights on this one. Romney was the last time I vote for a Republican “just because”. I’m registered Democrat and haven’t voted for one in years because I haven’t seen a conservative one. So I thought I might as well vote for Republicans. They’re conservative, right? Apparently, wrong.

mark81150 – I’m from Ohio. It’s fading big time. I say what I think. I’m blunt. People around here don’t like it. But I’m in Cuyahoga county so… yeah.

ConDem on November 6, 2013 at 12:57 PM

Christie can kiss my ass!

GarandFan on November 6, 2013 at 12:59 PM

It’s open war in the GOP so why not?

David Blue on November 6, 2013 at 1:00 PM

I would like to think that after all of our past experiences with ‘moderate’ Republicans like George H.W., Bob Dole, John McCain, and Mitt Romney, any ‘moderate’ Republican being pushed as the next ‘one’ for the GOP Presidential nomination by the mainstream media, would raise a lot of red flags.

There is a reason why so many in the lamestream media are looking at Christie’s reelection and have suddenly anointed him as the 2016 ‘front runner’. And that reason has nothing to do with what is best for the country or the GOP.

Athos on November 6, 2013 at 1:00 PM

Hey Christie, look into pulling a Mamma Cass. SC, please don’t re-elect that dbag.

Chubbs65 on November 6, 2013 at 1:00 PM

I don’t see alienating Texas as a winning GOP strategy…but then I’m a Texan

workingclass artist on November 6, 2013 at 12:41 PM

sadly Texas isnt a player in the primary. going back to at least dole all the major players have been out before we get to vote. and in the general, well, even christie will win Texas over hillary or biden or whatever they run.

chasdal on November 6, 2013 at 1:03 PM

Y’know who is happiest about CCs victory … the liberals. Look at the comments on every internet board from huffpo to breitbart and you’ll see the self identified liberal democrats in 7th heaven over CCs big win. Isn’t that strange given that CC is supposed to be the Rs moderate saviour. Shouldn’t the Dems be depressed that they got crushed in NJ. But they are happy. Today, the moderate prog Rs ,here and everywhere, are hand in hand and lip to lip with the liberals.

Also, CC just said he was a conservative and not a moderate yet the prog RINOs don’t take offence. CC is still the guy for them even though he is severely conservative???… Well, They aren’t worried. They know a lie when they hear it and they like it. They like the fakers and back stabbers. The moderates crave ,with hot desire, the real man that hungers for power and won’t let ideology get in the way.

BoxHead1 on November 6, 2013 at 1:04 PM

I don’t see alienating Texas as a winning GOP strategy…but then I’m a Texan

workingclass artist on November 6, 2013 at 12:41 PM

and Texas.. about 6 months while in training at Lackland AFB, and Camp Bullis..

if I had to choose any other state to live in..

It’d be Texas..

No.. I’d annoy New York or California just for fun..

but Texas?..

Maybe once the kids graduate..

Think you’d want a busted up conservative.. long ago vet and family?

mark81150 on November 6, 2013 at 12:54 PM

Come on down…Davey Crockett did when he was fed up.

Texas needs all the conservatives she can get and it’s a big state so there’s lots of room.

Perry annoys liberals for fun…and has taken that show on the road. It’s a hoot to watch.

We aint’ perfect…But we don’t pretend to be…We just want DC off our asses so we can work things the way we want to work things at the local and state level…

One Size Fits All Solutions Fail every time.

workingclass artist on November 6, 2013 at 1:05 PM

I would actively work against Christ Christie as the gop nominee.

He’s a Ruling class Progressive and I’m not voting for him even if he through the right wing wacko birds a bone and picked Rand Paul as his VP……

….or more likely RUBIO.

PappyD61 on November 6, 2013 at 1:06 PM

My comment on the headline thread where Christie says the Tea Party is good:

Right after the NJ election was over Christie says he’s a conservative, not a moderate. Now, after the election, he says the Tea Party is cool.

Ok, if he wants to be conservative, there’s one area where he ought to come completely clean, and stop cuddling up to Obama, and that’s on global warming er climate change.

Christie said “Climate change is real… It’s time we defer to the experts.” He said that over a year after the fact that in the Climategate emails these supposed experts were caught with their pants down manipulating the data to dupe the public, and in the same emails their overwhelming leftist ideological motivations, of all of them like the Berkeley grad Michael Mann, was made clear.

A Pew poll just out shows that only 23% of Repubs believe in man made global warming. 23%. Yet where does Christie stand? Is he smarter than the rest of us? Is it that NJ superiority?

If he wants to be conservative Christie should say that the evidence has changed and disavow his leftist position on climate change. And say Sandy had nothing to do with bs climate change. And say that overall by a large factor hurricanes and tornadoes and fires are… down.

anotherJoe on November 6, 2013 at 1:08 PM

I don’t see alienating Texas as a winning GOP strategy…but then I’m a Texan

workingclass artist on November 6, 2013 at 12:41 PM

chasdal on November 6, 2013 at 1:03 PM

I guess we’ll see.

On another note Obama snubbed his boyfriend Donut…

workingclass artist on November 6, 2013 at 1:08 PM

According to Rush, Obama didn’t call Donut to congratulate him.
The thrill is gone.
There’s only so much flour to roll the Donut in.

RovesChins on November 6, 2013 at 1:09 PM

Fat boy and his flock of Republicans (Graham, MCConnell, Peter King, McCain, and etc.) have trashed our honorable Senator Cruz. We don’t take too kindly to these types of horse poop.

mobydutch on November 6, 2013 at 1:11 PM

Can anyone name a conservative position held by Chris Christie?

TarheelBen on November 6, 2013 at 1:11 PM

that’s so silly though. (if that’s true) he thinks the tea party will still love him even though he attacks one of its best-loved people? he’s an idiot.

Sachiko on November 6, 2013 at 1:11 PM

Yes, Christie the Progressive is exactly who the GOP needs as well as America. He will further the progressive movement. He will be pressuring GOP Governors to support Obamacare, EPA and anti-gun rights activist. He was re-elected for one of the same reasons Obama was, Hurricane Sandy. This disaster gave them exactly what they wanted a platform to show how well big government helps the ordinary man. Yet, it is the ordinary man that is funding big government.

DDay on November 6, 2013 at 1:11 PM

I believe that Mr. Christie’s should be attacking “the monumental failure” of Obysmalcare in its conception and rollout, not Sen. Cruz.
onlineanalyst on November 6, 2013 at 12:05 PM

Tells you all you need to know about Christie, don’t it?

Cleombrotus on November 6, 2013 at 1:13 PM

I’m not so sure that having a Yankee come down and tell us how to vote is going to help Lindsey.

cadams on November 6, 2013 at 1:14 PM

mobydutch on November 6, 2013 at 1:11 PM

No we don’t…especially from Yankees

And that Yankee chit don’t play too well down here.

Texas is #1 in Business growth and NJ is #46

That’s what plays in Texas

workingclass artist on November 6, 2013 at 1:14 PM

Can anyone name a conservative position held by Chris Christie?

TarheelBen on November 6, 2013 at 1:11 PM

No, that is what makes the OFA and other party apparatchiks stand out like sore thumbs here.

Murphy9 on November 6, 2013 at 1:14 PM

cadams on November 6, 2013 at 1:14 PM

*snicker*

workingclass artist on November 6, 2013 at 1:15 PM

onlineanalyst on November 6, 2013 at 12:05 PM

Tells you all you need to know about Christie, don’t it?

Cleombrotus on November 6, 2013 at 1:13 PM

He’s already changing definitions and thinks this will play.

Bubbles are comfy I guess.

workingclass artist on November 6, 2013 at 1:17 PM

workingclass artist on November 6, 2013 at 1:14 PM

Amen, Brothers.

DDay on November 6, 2013 at 1:17 PM

Not this conservative.

Christie’s endorsement of Obama days before the 2012 elections said all that needs to be said about his “conservatism.” The fat bastard is nothing but a Democrat with an R behind his name because there are already too many Democrats in the cesspool that is NJ. He is for big government spending, amnesty, and all the other Dem agenda items.

He’s never going to get the GOP nomination. If he yells at Killary it will be after he declares himself a Democrat and trys to win their primary.

Happy Nomad on November 6, 2013 at 11:46 AM

Oh, he could win the nomination. Just like Dole / McCain / Romney. The gop ruling class just needs to pay Huckabee off and get him to run and split the LIMITED GOVERNMENT Conservative base and voila.

PappyD61 on November 6, 2013 at 1:18 PM

Why are liberals on comment boards and on cable so happy about CCs victory? Shouldn’t they be depressed about the Dem defeat in NJ? Isn’t something wrong with this picture? Shouldn’t the story be that Obama lost big in NJ? BUT IT’S NOT. Because Obama won in NJ.

BoxHead1 on November 6, 2013 at 1:20 PM

Can anyone name a conservative position held by Chris Christie?

TarheelBen on November 6, 2013 at 1:11 PM

Missionary – Obama

workingclass artist on November 6, 2013 at 1:21 PM

Not this conservative.

Happy Nomad on November 6, 2013 at 11:46 AM

PappyD61 on November 6, 2013 at 1:18 PM

I think everyone knows Huckabee now and that fat a$$hole couldn’t win dog catcher. He hides behind the cross but, he is just as ‘conservative’ as Donut.

RovesChins on November 6, 2013 at 1:22 PM

It’s all kind of entertaining at this point analyzing their strategy in trying to keep the conservative vote and get the minority vote, and seems all too familiar. Christie is just another RINO moderate with a bigger mouth than McCain and Romney. It’s like groundhog day and getting very boring. State by state, Christie cannot win, especially over Hillary, however, he thinks he can show Washington how it’s done.

lea on November 6, 2013 at 1:22 PM

Athos on November 6, 2013 at 1:00 PM

agreed.. it’s all about keeping the left’s agenda on track..
The supposed free press is with a single exception on TV, entirely a democrat re-election machine.

The problem is we have too many low info voters too, some posting here, who believe everything ABC CBS and NBC tell them about the “extreme” TEA Party conservatives, and get just as scared as the left when they listen to the MSM.

I’ve made my peace with the libertarian wing,.. we agree more than not,.. and even as a dreaded social con, I’m not about using the law to change society, but debate and convincing through the rightness of our cause… the rinos?

they may as well be democrats for all the water they carry for them..

I’ve already had to set to family members straight on how wrong the media is about the TEA Party.. “They’re NUTS,.. crazies.. ABC said”…… our supposed moderates believe too much of the MSM’s we boil cats Bulls**t.

They will often work hand in glove with the same twisted democrats who screwed us.. but won’t talk or listen to the Ted Cruz’s?

That’s ten kinds of wrong..

Even if you don’t support every thing they say.. completely shutting them out on the say so of a treasonous media that hates them only slightly less?

Christie to survive outside Jersey, had better learn you can’t win your party by running against it.

mark81150 on November 6, 2013 at 1:22 PM

You don’t kill the child for the sin of someone else.
INC on November 6, 2013 at 12:40 PM

AMEN to that. I know one family personally who would agree. The RNC should highlight such cases.

Cleombrotus on November 6, 2013 at 1:23 PM

BoxHead1 on November 6, 2013 at 1:20 PM

BINGO!

Bi-Partisanship will heal the country and prevent global warming…

Democrats held the legislature.

workingclass artist on November 6, 2013 at 1:23 PM

I live across the line from SC. It is not teaparty vs rino about Graham. I could see him losing the primary or general. Whatever you think about Christie (I am not a fan of him), he does appear to put Jersey first. Graham does not appear to care about SC, and that is going to hurt him. He also has a McCain problem. SC voters want their Senator to be a Senator not another Senator’s assistant. That he does not appear to be his own man, may hurt him more then any of his votes.

jeannie on November 6, 2013 at 1:23 PM

BoxHead1 on November 6, 2013 at 1:20 PM

Chris Christie is their guy to kill off the conservative vote and tea party activism in 2016. Christie as the nominee would guarantee that conservatives stay home in droves and deliver an Obama 3rd Term to Hillary.

TarheelBen on November 6, 2013 at 1:24 PM

Only the republican establishment. In 2012, when we had Obamacare on the plate, who do those weasels rig the primaries for, why Romneycare. THE ONLY F*CKING CANDIDATE THAT COULDN’T HIT OBAMA ON HIS SOCIALISM.

Fast forward, last night, COOCH GETS NO HELP FROM THE REPUBLICAN ESTABLISHMENT. His crime, he’s a conservative.

In the meantime, they pump millions into porky Christie, who;

*Gives the NJ senate seat to a liberal democrat
*Makes a deal with NJ black leaders to support him against a no name dem because he gave them a black senator
*sets up the senate race one month before his race to suppress black vote
*Less than a week before a deadheat prez race he gives worldwide photo opts to help Obama and destroy romneycare’s chances
*He continually attacks Tea party & conservatives and makes love to dems.
*Gets/Recieves millions for his gov. race to pump his margins from 58 to 60% to help his prez ambitions. WHILE COOCH GETS NOTHING THE LAST MONTH OF THE CAMPAIGN

Karl Rove, Preius, Boner, McConnell, etc. Get the h*ll out. You rat bast*rds!

Danielvito on November 6, 2013 at 1:24 PM

lea on November 6, 2013 at 1:22 PM

Yep!

All Killary has to do is pick a minority running mate and presto.

Y’know It’s her turn

workingclass artist on November 6, 2013 at 1:26 PM

Can anyone name a conservative position held by Chris Christie?
TarheelBen on November 6, 2013 at 1:11 PM

He’s actually got a few but the overall context within which he holds them seems piecemeal and not principled to any coherent philosophy that you can call Conservative. The overall effect of a Christie administration might not be to promote Progressivism but it sure as hell won’t do anything to stop or reverse its advance.

Cleombrotus on November 6, 2013 at 1:29 PM

mark81150 on November 6, 2013 at 12:38 PM
mark81150 on November 6, 2013 at 1:22 PM

with you both times … welcome back … missed you.
if CC is the REPUBLICAN nominee then we
have a choice between a DEM and a dem …. no thanks
I will sit this one out.
I have had it …. and slightly OT I have several friends that have
told me they will “sponsor” me to emigrate to TX.
when/if the time comes.
:D

conservative tarheel on November 6, 2013 at 1:31 PM

In the meantime, they pump millions into porky Christie, who;

*Gives the NJ senate seat to a liberal democrat
*sets up the senate race one month before his race to suppress black vote
*He continually attacks Tea party & conservatives and makes love to dems.

Karl Rove, Preius, Boner, McConnell, etc. Get the h*ll out. You rat bast*rds!

Danielvito on November 6, 2013 at 1:24 PM

Yeah…But the Primaries were Brutal too.

People bought the media electability meme and ignored actual governing records.

The primaries were an embarrassment with Tardisil…Walls and Crockodiles…Book Tours and Celebrity Messiahs.

And debates run by liberals every week.

Played right into DNC’s hands by the end.

It was a freakin’ clusterf*ck.

workingclass artist on November 6, 2013 at 1:33 PM

Cleombrotus on November 6, 2013 at 1:29 PM

Kinda like a Populist Mitt

workingclass artist on November 6, 2013 at 1:34 PM

Can’t we peel his skin off first?

I’m not advocating doing it in a violent way. We can peel his skin off humanely.

SparkPlug on November 6, 2013 at 1:40 PM

Meh. I’m sure Ford looked awfully good after Nixon….but then came Carter.

I’m sure Christie thinks he’s playing the wise Solomon in attempting to halve this political baby, but he’s not Presidential material.

Governor? Absolutely. He’s got the chops and the demeanor to run and win in quite a few states, be they Red, Blue or Purple.

But as a President, he still tacks waaaayy too far Left for me to be comfortable with considering him for Federal office….especially the Big Show at 1600 Penn. Ave

BlaxPac on November 6, 2013 at 1:46 PM

conservative tarheel on November 6, 2013 at 1:31 PM

Thanks..

I just know, that at least in Texas my kids will have a chance..

I simply don’t trust Columbus it’s become like Madison, run by the OSU lefties, the Dispatch,.. a corrupt government employee union.. and a dem party so corrupt, they dug out personal info to smear Joe the plumber.. then our one term hack Governor blew it off by giving a good scolding..

yeah.. that’ll keep the leftist hacks at bay..

We are well rid of Strickland.

but his diseased party lives on.

mark81150 on November 6, 2013 at 2:14 PM

Can’t we peel his skin off first?

SparkPlug on November 6, 2013 at 1:40 PM

kewl….

we can do that?…

mallet?…. or tire iron?

mark81150 on November 6, 2013 at 2:16 PM

kewl….

we can do that?…

mallet?…. or tire iron?

mark81150 on November 6, 2013 at 2:16 PM

and no lefties, I wouldn’t hurt a hair on his balding head.. it’s a joke..

we aren’t democrats, we don’t beat folks at protests or send union thugs to trash places like you do.

mark81150 on November 6, 2013 at 2:18 PM

Christie has shown the way.

To beat Democrats, be one.

Have at it R’s, it’s all yours.

Meremortal on November 6, 2013 at 2:19 PM

Krispie Kreme, the new Way for the Republican Party, wouldn’t even win his own state against Hillary Clinton, not today, not tomorrow.

It’s so sweet of him to praise people who identify with the Tea Party but trash one of it’s titular leaders, for whom Tea Party voters have the greatest respect, Ted Cruz.

Not buying what you’re selling. Stay in Jersey.

IndieDogg on November 6, 2013 at 2:30 PM

I refuse to vote for another in a long line of loser republicans. McCain (who wouldn’t fight Obama but suspended his campaign to go back to DC for a vote on the debt crisis), Romney who wouldn’t fight and Christie who will say he’ll fight but he’ll be fighting his own shadow since the book just came out where it clearly says:

“when Romney was thinking of having Puffer-fish as his VP, the amount of information as well as non-information made Christie the worst possible choice. If Christie were an opponent, this information would be used to wipe the floor with him”

We know NOW (NOW NOW NOW NOW) all we need to know about Christie and its not good.

athenadelphi on November 6, 2013 at 2:40 PM

Have you seen the latest polling on Graham? South Carolina Republicans want him as their Senator. He’s up 36 points over Bright and up 47 points over Mace.

crosspatch on November 6, 2013 at 2:41 PM

Say, does he still live in a van down by the river…?

d1carter on November 6, 2013 at 3:15 PM

“South Carolina is too small for a republic and too large for an insane asylum.”

—James Petigru

claudius on November 6, 2013 at 3:25 PM

Terrific. A hippo endorsing rino’s.

fred5678 on November 6, 2013 at 3:31 PM

I apologize if this has already been posted. This is what Christie said yesterday about Obama lying:

As for Obama’s evolving signature promise in selling the Affordable Care Act – “If you like your plan, you can keep your plan,” the president said in 2009 – Christie remains unimpressed.

“Don’t be so cute,” Christie said, adding that if Obama misunderstood how the law would operate, “just admit it to people, say you know what, ‘I said it, I was wrong. I’m sorry, and we’re going to try and fix it, and make it better.’”

“Don’t lawyer it, people don’t like lawyers,” said Christie, who added that when he saw Obama trying to clarify that pledge, he thought, “That’s Barack Obama the lawyer, not the leader. People want leaders, not lawyers.”

After this and after the GOP abandoning Cuccinelli I will vote for Hillary before I vote for this guy.

kcewa on November 6, 2013 at 3:40 PM

Of course Republican organizations of elected officials are for reelecting incumbents. They are all incumbents! Thus it has ALWAYS been. But if it gets the red meat crowd going, I guess it’s worth a post, eh?

For all the big talk for years and years about “primarying” Graham, the challengers still have no money to speak of. Nancy Mace’s first fundraising report showed $17,000 on hand. Cash claims to have $250,000, but either it is his own money (likely) or he failed to file a required fundraising report.

In the meantime, Graham has $7 million in the bank. If he needs another million or two, he can get it pretty easily. His contributors include George W. Bush. He is hosting a barbecue fundraising next to Williams-Brice Stadium the night before the Florida-South Carolina game next weekend, co-hosted by former Gamecock hero George Rogers. His opponents . . . ???

As usual, there is lots of big talk about beating Graham. Big, empty talk from loudmouths full of wind.

Adjoran on November 6, 2013 at 3:41 PM

Just follow the fat mans wallet.

Christie’s lobbying cash collection machine is very well greased!

The ONLY way Cristie can be President is to run as the DEMOCRAT he really is!

Freddy on November 6, 2013 at 3:50 PM

Okay Chris, but when you come to campaign for him don’t go to the beach and lie down in the sand.There will be enough of us conservatives there who may mistake you for a beached whale and push you back out in the water.Riptide anyone?

redware on November 6, 2013 at 4:37 PM

People bought the media electability meme

It was not just the Media’s meme… It was the entire Establishment’s meme…

Sharr on November 6, 2013 at 5:34 PM

Expect Obama ally Christie to officially come out as a Dem in 2020 after he loses the nomination this time.

Anti-tea party Chris Christie says he doesn’t care that the tea party doesn’t support him. Here’s the arrogant, pro-illegal alien amnesty Chris Christie essentially admitting he doesn’t care about nor need the conservative base:

bluegill on November 6, 2013 at 6:10 PM

Scumbag starting to think he’s King Kong. Wouldn’t help true conservatives like Lonnegan in NJ or Cucinnelle in V, but he’s helping fellow Slime Trail RINO Graham .

RdLake on November 6, 2013 at 6:35 PM

that makes Christie look better to me for the purpose of WINNING.

deepelemblue

Winning what? How exactly is electing our own democrat a “win”?

xblade on November 6, 2013 at 6:39 PM

If Lizzy Graham wins his primary battle(God forbid)I will exact revenge on him for all the times he has hosed conservatives by hosing him back and voting for his Democrat opponent.First time ever voting for a Democrat in over 40 years of casting ballots.The democrat nominee will in all likelihood be a blue dog so there won’t be a heck of a difference anyway!Not going to be used and abused by the GOP establishment ever again!

redware on November 6, 2013 at 7:19 PM

If Christie is the nominee, I will become an official member of the Libertarian Party and actively campaign against him.

In a race between Christie and whoever ends up being the official Democrat nominee, it doesn’t matter who wins.

And, yeah…I despise Christie every bit as much as Obama or Hillary. Traitors to the nation all.

DRayRaven on November 6, 2013 at 7:20 PM

Prediction:

1. Lindsey Graham doesn’t get +50% in the primary here in SC.
2. Graham loses to primary challenger in special election.
3. Graham runs as an Independent.
4. Democrat wins seat*, Graham blames Tea Party.

*SC has a base of 33% black voters who will vote for “Hamsammich” if it has a D after it on a ballot. Don’t think a demcorat can’t win here given the right circumstances.

SouthernGent on November 6, 2013 at 7:54 PM

I am not voting for another moderate. I voted for Bush elder, he raised taxes and broke his promise. I voted for Dole, pathetic. I voted for GWB, he got us into a war without a good plan and spent like a democrat. I voted for McCain, he was awful. I voted for Romney, he was clueless. And now the K-Street crowd wants me to vote for another “electable” candidate. I am not going to vote for a gun control fascist, not now, not ever. I will concentrate on the down ticket and worry about the damage Hillary will do. If this happens it won’t be my fault, It’ll be the fault of the crony capitalist mainstream party.

nemesis443 on November 6, 2013 at 8:00 PM

Imagine if Democrats selected their nominees the way the Republicans do? That is, worry how the other side will like them or not – We would not have ended up with Barack Obama if that were the case.

Oh yeah: Democrats also do not seem to go into elections, just to win – Because, they grasp how empty it is – Simply to win a placeholder – They go for the whole enchilada, damn be the Republicans!

Maybe, the Right should begin playing like that. Talk, scream over the media and even CALL THEM OUT as partisans. Stop letting the mushy middle and Media/Dems choose the nominee. CHOOSE to do this. Its the first step in fixing… Everything…

Sharr on November 6, 2013 at 8:12 PM

If Christie is the nominee, I am done being a republican, forever..

mark81150 on November 6, 2013 at 12:38 PM

I agree. If Christie is the candidate, I am going third party.

bw222 on November 6, 2013 at 8:29 PM

nemesis, I agree with you.
I took McCain’s Mom’s advice & held my nose & voted for him.
Next rino I voted for was Romney.

Then I made a promise to myself that I would never vote for a rino again.
& that includes Lindsey. I am not alone in SC; there are many that think of him with disgust.
He kind of reminds me of John Edwards, another sleezy trial lawyer just out for his own power, greed & working only for the highest paying lobbyist. That’s why I think he was so pissed when there would be no war in Syria. Ah, all the kickbacks from all those arm dealers & contractors. Think of how that would have piled onto his already bloated campaign coffers.

Do lawyers & liberalism go hand in hand? What a progressive trio: McCain, Graham & Ayotte.

Belle on November 6, 2013 at 8:39 PM

I voted for both Bushes …. will not vote for another one .. (jeb you listening?)
I voted for Dole I am ashamed to say … he had to be better then Bubba
I did not vote for McLame … voted libertairian.
I did vote for Romney … again he was better then Obama ….
no more …. CC and Hillary … I might as well as vote for the Dems.

conservative tarheel on November 6, 2013 at 8:54 PM

I’m all for Christie, but don’t believe the hype the media is giving him. There in the build him up phase right now. Giving him the maverick mccain treatment. The minute he declares, the tear him down phase begins. Questioning his health, temperament, economic record and some of his shady dealings.

Still I think he has the best chance to beat Clinton if he can survive (literally) the onslaught.

rubberneck on November 6, 2013 at 9:59 PM

Chris Christie to SC Republicans: I want to help Lindsey Graham get reelected

ROFL, but of course you do!!!!!

The first and last time I applauded Christie was when he reamed the press and also that teacher. I think that was 100 years ago.

disa on November 6, 2013 at 9:59 PM

How many of the people now trashing Christie were pumping for him for POTUS in 2016, way back 100 years ago? Many of you.

It’s going to be another few decades before 2016, so hang your panties up to dry and take a break.

disa on November 6, 2013 at 10:02 PM

Actually, I won’t. I’m not registered as a republican anymore. I don’t send the party any money. My vote may be available if they can offer a candidate that I approve of. If not, they can go suck an egg.

This is not as big a deal for me as you seem to think it is. I think that there is about a 99.9% chance that there isn’t a political solution to this country’s issues. Given the chance to do what I think is best, politically, I’ll do it. If my only choice is to do something worthless, why bother?

I can see what’s coming. I’m getting ready for it.

trigon on November 6, 2013 at 12:36 PM

I hear you – the RNC hasn’t gotten a penny from me since that jackass McCain ran in 2008. Most of my donations are going to vets’ charities and Judicial Watch. They’re doing the unsexy work of FOIAs and legal challenges to this crooked administration.

We’re acquiring skills. I have a friend who grew up very poor, and she’s advising us on trapping and cooking squirrels and other small critters. I’m familiarizing myself with these things while I can afford to screw up food. Learning to use a slingshot, too.

Next, getting the cat accustomed to a harness. In case we have to leave (we’re less than 20 miles from DC, so if the sh*t ever hits the fan…)

These are things to think about, not how some fatass is planning to promote himself all the way to the WH. It’s not like he’s black, you know. There’s absolutely nothing special about Chris Christie that makes people feel historic.

disa on November 6, 2013 at 10:37 PM

rubberneck on November 6, 2013 at 9:59 PM

Thanks for the view from the fever swamp.

Murphy9 on November 6, 2013 at 11:25 PM

disa on November 6, 2013 at 10:02 PM

Not me.

I never bought into the idea that being an obnoxious, unprofessional loud-mouth during press conferences makes someone presidential material.

It might be a few decades until 2016, but as far as the establishment is concerned, the fix is in. They want Christie, and having learned nothing from the disastrous McCain and Romney campaigns, they will probably get him.

DRayRaven on November 7, 2013 at 6:22 AM

Shut up Fatman

RandallinHerndon on November 7, 2013 at 9:48 AM

Being voted in by liberal NJ is not a credential. He may be improving the lot of people in that state, but given the criminals that have run it, it’s not a stretch is it.

He’ll regret attacking Cruz and Paul, and we’ll remember his desertion of Romney.

Meanwhile, back on planet Earth, we need an actual conservative.

virgo on November 8, 2013 at 3:07 AM