Video: Democrats moving ObamaCare promise goalposts “literally off the field,” says … Piers Morgan

posted at 2:01 pm on October 31, 2013 by Ed Morrissey

Well, that’s a Bidenesque “literally,” but I’ll cut Piers Morgan a little slack.  Morgan and Rep. Marsha Blackburn attempted to cut through the whirligig of spin coming from ObamaCare defender Rep. Frank Pallone, when Morgan finally decided he’d had enough (via The Corner):

Morgan brought up Obama’s promise that people can keep their plans if they like it, and called it a pure and simple “lie.” Pallone shot back, “Of course it was not a lie, Piers!” He argued that a vast majority of people will be able to keep their plans, but the problem resides with insurance companies and their “lousy” “scam” plans.

Morgan interrupted, “So why didn’t the president just say that? Why didn’t he just be honest?… What about telling the truth?”

Blackburn, clearly amused that she was not the target of Morgan’s wrath for once, piled on and when Pallone brought up the “scam” policy issue again, she said, “Frank, you need to stop that. That is insulting and inappropriate to people.”

Morgan concluded by telling Pallone, “If you move the goalposts any further, they’ll literally be off the field.”

How many times can Pallone use the word “scam” in this debate and not have it refer to Obama’s promise? I’d guess a few times a day until next September, when the shoe drops on Americans who get their insurance through their employers. When that happens, Pallone’s constituents in NJ-06 will be demanding some answers over the ObamaCare “scam,” and with a D+6 district, Pallone may be looking for his own health insurance plan in 2015, too.

Comments

When you’ve lost Piers Morgan….

I expect, if the current actual spate of reporting from the MSM continues, to see Obama melt down on national TV quite soon. He’s never had to deal with the press saying anything other than “Thank you sir, may I have another?”

Vanceone on October 31, 2013 at 2:04 PM

“Brownie, you’re doing a heck of a job” GWB nails obama’s legacy, unwittingly

Schadenfreude on October 31, 2013 at 2:05 PM

I believe there was some pre show drinking or sumptin….

d1carter on October 31, 2013 at 2:06 PM

Vanceone on October 31, 2013 at 2:04 PM

…helping of obama-sh*t, which ain’t Beluga caviar, you fools.

Suffocate, slowly, all of you. PC will kill all, but you should go first.

Note – not one troll defends obama today, not one.

Schadenfreude on October 31, 2013 at 2:06 PM

Frank Pallone made Goebbels orgasm in his grave last night, and how.

He told the Faux Blonde “obama’care’ is an exercise in the free markets”, while he defended losing your insurance plans, no kidding.

Schadenfreude on October 31, 2013 at 2:08 PM

S/b named Frank Phallone.

Schadenfreude on October 31, 2013 at 2:08 PM

Vanceone on October 31, 2013 at 2:04 PM

I keep waiting for that as well. A “Let me clear” press conference where he declares all is well in America and someone from the media asks “What would you say, you do here?” and he just loses it.

nextgen_repub on October 31, 2013 at 2:09 PM

Seems we are having another; Read my lips, no new taxes, moment here.

Johnnyreb on October 31, 2013 at 2:10 PM

Come on now. The rout is beginning–take no prisoners lest they rise again to destroy us.
The real question is why didn’t these–the watchdog media–do their constitutional responsibility and ask the hard questions when the fiasco(including intimidation and bribes were forcing this upon us?
Don’t let the media scum off the hook now. Attack them at every “sudden discovery” for their absurd romance with socialism and their deliberate complicity with helping (aiding and abetting) the scoundrels who forced this monstrosity upon us.
The media must be blamed for their help in attempting to steal our freedom–make them sweat.

Don L on October 31, 2013 at 2:10 PM

Pallone did not look happy at the end of that clip. Couldn’t happen to a nicer jerk.

PetecminMd on October 31, 2013 at 2:12 PM

I saw Megyn Kelly interview Pallone the other day.

He pulled the same crap with her.

What a tool.

VibrioCocci on October 31, 2013 at 2:12 PM

Jeez, these people have short memories. The law would not have passed if Obama had told the truth, it was extremely unpopular even with all the lies. Do any libs remember why Scott Brown was elected?

The revisionist history in which many are now engaged cracks me up, I’ve seem comments arguing that Obamacare was a compromise with Republicans, when Democrats really wanted single payer. Obamacare was a compromise between Democrats who wanted single payer and Democrats who did not want single payer. It was never a compromise with Republicans.

mbs on October 31, 2013 at 2:13 PM

It would appear that the MSM doesn’t mind when King Barack lies, it’s that they mind WHEN THE LIE IS SO OUTRAGEOUS AND OBVIOUS.

Even to the brain dead, low IQ and low info voters.

GarandFan on October 31, 2013 at 2:13 PM

Communism is a lie.

It, therefore, necessarily follows that Obama and his filth are liars.

OhEssYouCowboys on October 31, 2013 at 2:14 PM

Hey, Ed … would it be possible to use more accurate terms with regard to the numbers being reported?

140,000 Minnesotans discover they can’t “keep your plan”

The number of policy cancellations is what is being reported, correct?

Since the insurance companies are unlikely to be reporting the number of people affected by EACH cancellation and many young, healthy single people are not the majority of people who are losing their coverage, wouldn’t the number of Minnesotans having their plans cancelled actually be a significantly higher number?

PolAgnostic on October 31, 2013 at 2:14 PM

This is turning out to be, literally, a tar-baby (I mean that in a non-racial, gender neutral, doesn’t eat pork {unless you want it too} sort of way).

Flange on October 31, 2013 at 2:14 PM

Blackburn is a fast talker. She was prodded, often, yesterday, and couldn’t quite name obama a “liar”. It’s sad.

Schadenfreude on October 31, 2013 at 2:15 PM

media asks “What would you say, you do here?” and he just loses it.

nextgen_repub on October 31, 2013 at 2:09 PM

Perfect idea!

VibrioCocci on October 31, 2013 at 2:16 PM

Frank Pallone is one of the absolutely dumbest people to have been elected to public office. (I know, I’ve met him a few times. He makes former NJ Governor McGreevy, another mental midget, look like Einstein.)

On her program last night, Megyn Kelly eviscerated the clueless Pallone as he tried to explain that the reason millions were getting cancellation notices of their current insurance plans was because of ‘capitalism’.

Pallone, unfortunately, has never been really tested in any of his Congressional elections. Hopefully, he will be in 2014 because the Jersey shore can do better with Snooki as their representative.

Athos on October 31, 2013 at 2:17 PM

Phallone is a bigger tool than Waxman.

Schadenfreude on October 31, 2013 at 2:18 PM

I’m sick of these republicans who won’t call these people liars to their face. I saw this last night and was eagerly waiting for Blackburn to call him a liar. Never happened. The dude is lying through his teeth. He tried to claim this was a result of capitalism last night in Megyn Kelly’s show. Yes, he wwnt there. He said its capitalism that was causing these plans to be regulated out of existence. He’s the Allen Greyson of NJ.

jawkneemusic on October 31, 2013 at 2:19 PM

Here is the Blonde and him. He is beyond Orwellian on “free markets”.

Schadenfreude on October 31, 2013 at 2:19 PM

Athos on October 31, 2013 at 2:17 PM

Beat me to it.

jawkneemusic on October 31, 2013 at 2:20 PM

I saw Megyn Kelly interview Pallone the other day.

He pulled the same crap with her.

What a tool.

VibrioCocci on October 31, 2013 at 2:12 PM

That’s Chapter I in Rules for Radicals. The Democrats have fourth and 99 from their own 1. Hoping their moron constituents believe their rhetoric is all they have left.

cajunpatriot on October 31, 2013 at 2:21 PM

jawkneemusic on October 31, 2013 at 2:19 PM

Amen, to that.

But I’d far more prefer that they call them the filthy Communists that they are.

They are the enemy.

They are insidious.

They are everything that I’m against.

They are destroying/have destroyed our country.

OhEssYouCowboys on October 31, 2013 at 2:22 PM

They dug the hole.All of them might get buried in it if the GOP doesn’t decide to protect their buddy’s.

docflash on October 31, 2013 at 2:22 PM

How was BC scamming me by NOT making me carry paediatric dental and vision for the children that I do NOT have, Frank?

Please, please, please, NJ-06, ROSTENKOWSKI THIS GUY.

Resist We Much on October 31, 2013 at 2:23 PM

Hold on… his argument is that the insurance companies have been selling scam insurance, which they are free to continue to sell, but because of a sudden pang of conscience they’re canceling their scam plans?

These Lefties know it’s a load a crap, and they know that the 47% will buy whatever they’re selling.

$10K says I hear this stupid argument from the Lefty friends in the near future.

mankai on October 31, 2013 at 2:23 PM

jawkneemusic on October 31, 2013 at 2:19 PM

A GOP operative who also requested anonymity said that Wednesday’s hearing on Obamacare highlighted what’s wrong with his party. “We looked like we were beating [up] the HHS secretary,” he said of Kathleen Sebelius. “Why do we have to always overdo it?”

She’s a fast talker. She couldn’t call obama a “liar” on Faux last night either, being prodded over and over and over again. I despise the Rs more than the dedicated Ds.

Schadenfreude on October 31, 2013 at 2:27 PM

Rep. Frank Pallones media press person needs to tell him
that America knows hes a fool and a lier…
and to hush up befor more ppl find out he is unqualified..
id ask whats wrong with NJ..but id be here all day,,
whats wrong in CA…whats wrong in NY..blah blah blah..

should tell us all something about the quality of the LIVs in these states…
we are outnumbered ….by loons..takers…
and the socialists are driving the boat they are on..
the average LIV hasnt a clue what style of government
that boat is going twards…they only know free free free for me..

going2mars on October 31, 2013 at 2:29 PM

Oh, I know – save that bare-knuckled stuff for Cruz/Lee and Tea Party types, right?

Pencil-necked twit – go play in traffic.

Midas on October 31, 2013 at 2:30 PM

I saw the Megyn Kelly / Pallone exchange last night. Mind bending.

I hope the Dems keep putting fools like Pallone out there. His stupidity was so evident even my LIV dem sister-in-law saw through it.

BacaDog on October 31, 2013 at 2:39 PM

Yes, because any plan with a cap on lifetime benefits – even 10 billion dollars – is a scam, amirite?

The Schaef on October 31, 2013 at 2:42 PM

Schadenfreude on October 31, 2013 at 2:27 PM

Let me clarify something regarding the use of the word “liar” or “lie” in the MSM.

The MSM may try to lead someone to use one of those two words but it is one of their top “Gotcha!” plays.

The second anyone they distrust (i.e. conservatives, Republicans, business executives, etc) says someone they trust (e.g. Obama, liberals, left of center Democrats, ANY abortion rights activist, etc) is a “liar” or “lied” … that person’s use of the FORBIDDEN word is THE STORY.

Long ago, when I was active in the “dirtiest of games” (politics) we made sure anyone who was going to be interviewed knew they could not use the FORBIDDEN word.

IF BHO murdered his family on live TV and then said, “I didn’t do that!” … ANYONE who said he was “lying” when he said, “I didn’t do that!” would be ripped to shreds for being judgmental, setting themsleves up as a “Moral Authority” and tryiing to deny him his Consitutionally guaranteed rights.

PolAgnostic on October 31, 2013 at 2:43 PM

Somebody interview Joe Wilson.

katy the mean old lady on October 31, 2013 at 2:44 PM

Scam policies? You mean like policies that require men to get birth control and mammograms included in their coverage?

No, wait, that’s not a scam – that’s Obamacare.

hawksruleva on October 31, 2013 at 2:46 PM

Pallone says I can still buy a “scam” policy? What? Where?

lynncgb on October 31, 2013 at 2:47 PM

So the Democrats are really using Pallone as a point man on this?

Challenging the Republicans for the “stupid party” title?

forest on October 31, 2013 at 2:48 PM

PolAgnostic on October 31, 2013 at 2:43 PM

well said…
if megan had called him a lier..
THAT would have been todays headlines..

and not Rep. Frank Pallones words and lies..

she simply gives than a chance to show what a baffoon they are..
without screaming and yelling this guy lied that lady lied …liers!!!liers!!!liers…

going2mars on October 31, 2013 at 2:48 PM

Feel free to correct me if I’m wrong, but…

I’ve heard Congresscritters become eligible for federal insurance benefits for life, even if they only serve one term. It’s just another perk they get from their stellar ‘public service.’

marybel on October 31, 2013 at 2:49 PM

mankai on October 31, 2013 at 2:23 PM

I already slapped that garbage down on an automotive forum I frequent. The regulations do nothing to affect “crap” policies – if they haven’t changed in excess of the regulations in 3.5 years. They have little to do with the level of care, unless “a particular condition” was removed or substantially reduced. http://www.dol.gov/ebsa/faqs/faq-aca2.html

Jeff Weimer on October 31, 2013 at 2:51 PM

PolAgnostic on October 31, 2013 at 2:43 PM

Much shorter version – if he did, he can be impeached.

Key words “can be”.

Schadenfreude on October 31, 2013 at 2:55 PM

Sure were a hell of a lot of people buying that scam plan….and they liked it. Now they’re pizzed that they can’t keep it. Pallone had his nose higher in the air than ‘Bama did. Elitist Azz

skeeterbite on October 31, 2013 at 2:59 PM

Feel free to correct me if I’m wrong, but…

marybel on October 31, 2013 at 2:49 PM

Not necessarily. There are a whole string of events that have to happen to “take” your Federal Insurance into retirement. 10 years of service plus your minimum retirement age, then you have to have had the insurance in effect for so many years, etc…..

Johnnyreb on October 31, 2013 at 2:59 PM

Insurance companies will go down the tubes if the mandate is extended or if the sign-up period is pushed back. The numbers don’t work and ObamaCare is teetering in the balance. See the National Journal article:

Why Delaying Obamacare Has Insurers Freaking Out

stefano1 on October 31, 2013 at 3:01 PM

This Pallone guy is bobs around like the Rainman but isn’t nearly as smart.

JR on October 31, 2013 at 3:03 PM

This interview is the icing on the cake.

Pallone went off on his preplanned/faux outrage rant the day prior calling the hearing ‘a monkey court’. MSNBC had it on loop all day. Mika even remarked that he is her new hero.

It only took someone with a brain to actually challenge Pallone’s fact challenged assertions to expose him as an idiot. The left loves their heroes- yet combined they ahve the intelligence of a handball wall. Boxer, Reid, Pelosi, Grayson, Pallone, and of course Obamaliar.

Bensonofben on October 31, 2013 at 3:05 PM

There is blood in the water and Pallone is splashing around like a seal that just lost a flipper.

A lot of nervous seals are watching the thrashing water….knowing they’ll be entering the pink mid-term water soon.

R Square on October 31, 2013 at 3:06 PM

His argument boils down to the idea that Americans are too stupid to take care of themselves, but I guess that’s the basis for Obamacare.

29Victor on October 31, 2013 at 3:07 PM

If only George Zimmerman sold health insurance.

R Square on October 31, 2013 at 3:09 PM

If Blue Cross Blue Shield in Florida & Kaiser in California are sell’n scam plans wtf are they still in business….. HUM….. now all O a sudden health insurance is a Bernie Madoff scam…

Bwahahahahahahahahahaha

while I tend to think all insurance is a bad bet…. catastrophe ain’t around every corner….. No matter how much they want to scare you……. if it was they would be going broke paying claims instead of you going broke paying premiums…. but that’s just my opinion …….of course I ain’t got a HARRRRRRRVARD DEEEEGREE….. I just got ’bout 1.5 mil in the bank cause I decided some 20+ years ago to invest what I would of paid in insurance premiums in myself instead of THEM…… best part when ever I go to the doc…. when it comes time to pony up the cash for services rendered….. before I can even get my wallet outta my back pocket… the nice people behind the counter take pitty on the “poor” uninsured guy and discount everything…. I’ve never asked for a discount….. but it’s always…everytime….without exception…..been…. given…… sometimes I feel bad, like I’m taking advantage….. BUT WHAT”S A “POOR” GUY TO DO.

roflmmfao

donabernathy on October 31, 2013 at 3:09 PM

Megyn Kelly had Pallone on yesterday and tore him to pieces. I’m not looking at this video but did Pallone do that weird herky – jerky dance with his body language? with MK, he kept calling it an inferior policy now it’s a “scam” policy. Look for this joker to crash next year.

AH_C on October 31, 2013 at 3:11 PM

That feminine, fidgety creepy guy on the left makes my skin crawl.

bluegill on October 31, 2013 at 3:15 PM

I’m surprised no one made more of Pallone’s trainwreck interview with Megyn Kelly last night. It left her speechless.

SirGawain on October 31, 2013 at 3:16 PM

Well looking at that pic, looks like the Dem is trying to
find Obama’s Azz Crack to shove his nose into it.

ToddPA on October 31, 2013 at 3:17 PM

Backburn needs to get tougher…she’s a nice Lady, but
time to get the brass knuckles on Dear.

ToddPA on October 31, 2013 at 3:18 PM

MM has a post where this Pallone Marone tried the same crap with Megyn Kelly – with predictable results.

PJ Emeritus on October 31, 2013 at 3:20 PM

You have to love a Democrat Rep in Congress accusing private insurers of selling scam health insurance policies in an effort to defend Obama requiring men to buy policies that include maternity care.

Dusty on October 31, 2013 at 3:22 PM

Ironically, “scam policy” pretty well describes Obamacare.

29Victor on October 31, 2013 at 3:22 PM

“It’s a Monkey Court I tell ya”

Pallone, another pathetic jackass – oh, and raaaaaccisstt too

ICanSeeNovFromMyHouse on October 31, 2013 at 3:23 PM

but I’ll cut Piers Morgan a little slack.

Why!?!? You’ll only regret it later Ed.

Bmore on October 31, 2013 at 3:26 PM

Proud of my Rep, Renee Ellmers for quick-frying Cruella DeVille Sebelius

PJ Emeritus on October 31, 2013 at 3:34 PM

Obama: If you don’t like your new plan, you have to keep it. Period.

Dhuka on October 31, 2013 at 3:38 PM

[ToddPA on October 31, 2013 at 3:18 PM]

I agree. Much as it’s really a problem of epic proportions only for Dems politically, people — meaning the constituents of Republican Reps and Senators — are now faced with being forced to fork over thousands more dollars of their hard earned cash, money they’ll never see again, wasted, gone, every freaking year from now on, for no discernible benefit all because of President Consumer Fraud and his acolytes who made and passed this scam of a law.

Skip concentrating on the lousy healthcare.gov website. That it fails to work is actually a benefit to Americans. Republicans need to go to bat for the pauperizing of the middle class by the Democratic Party and do so with some fervent righteous indignation and outrage.

Dusty on October 31, 2013 at 3:39 PM

I won’t. The only reason this douchenozzle has taken to playing both sides all of a sudden -trying desperately to appear evenhanded- is that he’s about to be caught up in the phone hacking trial overseas. He needs friends.

I think he needs an MLS-quality kick to the crotch more.

M240H on October 31, 2013 at 4:15 PM

It’s not in his nature.

Mitoch55 on October 31, 2013 at 4:30 PM

That feminine, fidgety creepy guy on the left makes my skin crawl.

bluegill on October 31, 2013 at 3:15 PM

….hug your skin then!

KOOLAID2 on October 31, 2013 at 10:14 PM

I offered the Obama administration a deal. I would design a site for them that would not only fail to do what it was designed to to, it would fail to do anything at all. For only $30 million dollars.

OK, I would agree to a discount because they’re all honest and all…only $10 million dollars

Think of the savings.

But no, they want to do it themselves.

Same result. It didn’t do anything. But it cost a lot more.

I have been offering the government this deal for more than 20 years. But they never take me up on it.

Just think of the savings.

schmuck281 on November 1, 2013 at 12:40 AM

Morgan’s spectacular ignorance of US public affairs protects him here.

He just assumed his petty parochial views of the UK health system would be enough to go along with Democrat lies.

In fact, Obamacare is the worst combination of government and private insurance plans: universally low quality and rationed care at an extremely high price.

Piers, the toffee-nosed ignoramus steps into liberal dog doo-doo.

virgo on November 1, 2013 at 1:10 AM