CBS: Millions of cancellations and skyrocketing costs the big problem of ObamaCare

posted at 1:01 pm on October 28, 2013 by Ed Morrissey

Advocates of ObamaCare have predicted that when the White House manages to fix the problems with the Healthcare.gov exchange, opponents will have expended all their firepower and will be left twisting in the wind. As CBS reported again this morning, that’s hardly the case — and the website is hardly the main problem with the program. In fact, the media attention on the website actually masks the biggest problems with ObamaCare, which are skyrocketing premiums and millions of people getting kicked out of the plans they chose:

For many, their introduction to the Affordable Care Act has been negative: a broken website, and now cancellation notices from insurance companies followed by sticker shock over higher prices for the new plans. It’s directly at odds with repeated assurances from the president, who has said “if you like your insurance plan, you will keep it. No one will be able to take that away from you.”

But people across the country are finding out they’re losing their existing insurance plans under Obamacare because requirements in the law, such as prenatal and prescription drug coverage, mean their old plans aren’t comprehensive enough.

In California, Kaiser Permanente terminated policies for 160,000 people. In Florida, at least 300,000 people are losing coverage.

That includes 56-year-old Dianne Barrette. Last month, she received a letter from Blue Cross Blue Shield informing her as of January 2014, she would lose her current plan. Barrette pays $54 a month. The new plan she’s being offered would run $591 a month — 10 times more than what she currently pays.

Barrette said, “What I have right now is what I am happy with and I just want to know why I can’t keep what I have. Why do I have to be forced into something else?”

According to HealthCare.gov, Barrette is eligible for some subsidies, CBS News’ Jan Crawford pointed out on “CBS This Morning.” But Barrette told CBS News she has no idea what those subsidies would be because she cannot log on to the website — an issue U.S. Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius is sure to be asked about when she testifies on Capitol Hill Wednesday.

Two points. First, her subsidies won’t come to $500 a month, which is about the difference between the two plans. Second, subsidies don’t come off of the Subsidy Tree Forest. Those funds come out of taxes, either directly on taxpayers or on health care providers and manufacturers — and those costs get passed onto consumers.

Just as we all predicted, the so-called Affordable Care Act didn’t bend the cost curve downward — it has twisted it sharply upward.  That will only become more apparent when the website issues are fixed, and it’s why the system will incentivize the young and healthy to stay out of the exchanges, which will only accelerate premium increases.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Wait, you mean it’s not free..?

d1carter on October 28, 2013 at 1:02 PM

I’m still looking for my $2500 annual savings…

d1carter on October 28, 2013 at 1:03 PM

Hockey stick.

BobMbx on October 28, 2013 at 1:03 PM

“I just want to know why I can’t keep what I have.”

‘Cause I won.

chewmeister on October 28, 2013 at 1:04 PM

Thank you President Obama!

Murphy9 on October 28, 2013 at 1:04 PM

But, but Dear Leader said…?

d1carter on October 28, 2013 at 1:04 PM

“If you like your plan, you can keep your plan.”

That’s so plain, and so unambiguous. It’s going to define Obama forever. Just as “Read my lips, no new taxes.” to this day defines George H. W. Bush.

Typhoon on October 28, 2013 at 1:05 PM

In the news right now – the pigs in the admin, the top swine too, two weeks bef. Oct 1, decided to hide the costs, unless you filled out all your private information.

They feared that people would get sticker shock and leave the site.

I hope to God that you all get punished into the slowest burning layer in Hell. I’d laugh listening to you sizzle, slowly.

Schadenfreude on October 28, 2013 at 1:06 PM

Alright, who are these imposters at CBS, and what happened to the real liberal hacks? Last night Benghazi, today a story about the real problems of ObamaCare??

NotCoach on October 28, 2013 at 1:06 PM

When and how did 0bama lose See-BS?

OmahaConservative on October 28, 2013 at 1:06 PM

CBS is a misleading POS.
Look at that chart. It was put together by a 2nd grader (apologies to 2nd graders).
The 0bamacare plan is ten times the cost of a traditional plan. Why do they show the bar graph only about three times the traditioinal plan? It all about image.

freedomfirst on October 28, 2013 at 1:06 PM

Good to know they have “free” mental health counseling as an essential benefit as many now discovering unicorns are not real.

hillsoftx on October 28, 2013 at 1:06 PM

Millions of forced cancellations

Out: Millions more will have insurance

In: Millions less have insurance

faraway on October 28, 2013 at 1:06 PM

There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don’t know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don’t know we don’t know.

Wasn’t this a known known some time ago..?

d1carter on October 28, 2013 at 1:07 PM

The BIGGEST problem with obamacare is that it is unconstitutional.

Tax legislation has to originate in the House; the health-care law didn’t.

The Supreme Court did not endorse it. The Supreme Court said it could only conceivably be sustained as a tax. It still had to pass the Constitution’s tests for valid taxation. It failed.

Pork-Chop on October 28, 2013 at 1:07 PM

No, See-BS the problem is your Kenyan Dictator.

viking01 on October 28, 2013 at 1:08 PM

I’m still looking for my $2500 annual savings…

d1carter on October 28, 2013 at 1:03 PM

I’m still waiting for Obama to pay my mortgage.

parke on October 28, 2013 at 1:08 PM

How much you want to bet she’s an Obama voter?

Fenris on October 28, 2013 at 1:08 PM

Wow that graphic appeared on CBS?

dogsoldier on October 28, 2013 at 1:09 PM

Kaiser Permanente is the largest insurer in California, I believe.

ted c on October 28, 2013 at 1:09 PM

Wasn’t this a known known some time ago..?

d1carter on October 28, 2013 at 1:07 PM

For anyone but a LIV or Obama cultist.

NotCoach on October 28, 2013 at 1:09 PM

Keep voting democrat!

Murphy9 on October 28, 2013 at 1:09 PM

Why do I have to be forced into something else?”

Well, Bluto…

bigmacdaddy on October 28, 2013 at 1:09 PM

The worst is even yet to come, and that is reduced access to doctors. Remember, the president also promised you could keep your doctor, but that isn’t true. Only doctors who agree to the reduced reimbursements of ZeroCare will be in-network and that probably means most people will need to change doctors. Assuming there is a doctor who agrees to take ZeroCare insurance, that is.

MTF on October 28, 2013 at 1:10 PM

Closer to 11 times more expensive.

InterestedObserver on October 28, 2013 at 1:10 PM

So what CBS is saying is that Dear Leader lied about Benghazi and ObamaCare…?

d1carter on October 28, 2013 at 1:11 PM

That’s essentially 11x… but who’s counting?

mankai on October 28, 2013 at 1:11 PM

By seeking social justice, liberalism will never be able to make everyone equally happy, so their only shot at equality is to make everyone equally miserable.

What amazes me is that CBS is actually reporting this. Reason? Things like Benghazi, NSA and IRS Targeting are so esoteric the average adult doesn’t care, so the media can ignore it. But charging someone the equivalent of a car payment for insurance they will probably never use (because they will never exceed the deductible) makes everyone pay close attention and they have no choice but to report.

The truly remarkable thing is that even as this goes on, Obama still maintains an approval rating in the mid 40′s despite the fact approval of his actual policies hover in the 30′s at best. The even more insane part is people actually say they prefer Democrats over Republicans in Congress when Republicans have been warning us of this all along.

mitchellvii on October 28, 2013 at 1:11 PM

And all of it predictable.

Blake on October 28, 2013 at 1:11 PM

Hockey stick.

BobMbx on October 28, 2013 at 1:03 PM

Are you in the right place? Shouldn’t you be at WUWT?

freedomfirst on October 28, 2013 at 1:11 PM

Wasn’t this a known known some time ago..?

d1carter on October 28, 2013 at 1:07 PM

I think Obamacare just proved the fourth premise: there are unknown knowns as apparently anyone with a clue, except the Administration, knew that the launch was going to be a disaster.

parke on October 28, 2013 at 1:12 PM

These people are just plain stupid. Stupid. Poor voting/planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine. Stuff it.

HomeoftheBrave on October 28, 2013 at 1:13 PM

I hope obama destroys all you lemmings who voted for him, twice. May he ruin your and your families lives, forever. YOU deserve no more, you sheepleton. Those of you from the right who enabled this disaster, you too!

Schadenfreude on October 28, 2013 at 1:13 PM

Count it!

/crr6

Good Lt on October 28, 2013 at 1:14 PM

families’ lives

Schadenfreude on October 28, 2013 at 1:14 PM

hillsoftx on October 28, 2013 at 1:06 PM

Whaaaaaat?

chewmeister on October 28, 2013 at 1:14 PM

The majority are Medicaid applicants.
The majority of under 26 will remain on parents’ policy.

Now tell me, who is paying for this disaster? Why are they outreaching at college campuses and poorer sections of large cities? #boneit-ownit.

hillsoftx on October 28, 2013 at 1:14 PM

d1carter on October 28, 2013 at 1:07 PM

Yep and a lot of us posted about it four years ago along with snippets of the bill itself.

So what CBS is saying is that Dear Leader lied about Benghazi and ObamaCare…?

d1carter on October 28, 2013 at 1:11 PM

For reasons unknown they do seem to be going after Zero. I wonder if they will do a story on the IRS or the NSA next. Perhaps Solyndra or Fast and Furious. Or maybe the DoJ scandal of going after reporters.

They have so much to catch up on.

dogsoldier on October 28, 2013 at 1:14 PM

I received my notice from Blue Cross/Blue Shield this weekend.

I get to pay 10% more for the privilege of keeping my current policy for another year. After that, I’m f****d like everyone else.

Before this I had a general dislike of government…I distrusted it. Now I truly loathe it. I hate it with an intensity that approaches the brightness of the sun.

trapeze on October 28, 2013 at 1:14 PM

Closer to 11 times more expensive.

InterestedObserver on October 28, 2013 at 1:10 PM

Just a roundabout way of saying, “The GOP was right.”

Good Lt on October 28, 2013 at 1:15 PM

What’s of note but not even being discussed in this as well is that this woman was paying 54.00 bucks a month for some kind of coverage, and happy with that.

Probably catastrophic plan, which is another way of saying that it was real, live insurance.

No doubt she paid for her own prescriptions and her own doctor visits, and no doubt she’d shopped enough to figure out that paying for them herself was cheaper than paying for some sort of comprehensive insurance that paid for them.

But now, she doesn’t have a choice. No, she has to buy all that stuff, and for a whole bunch more money.

And here’s the best part: She’s eligible for subsidies!

Which means all this stuff she didn’t want to begin with, we get to pay for.

This is insanity squared.

Typhoon on October 28, 2013 at 1:15 PM

The young female voters will not like this.

Free Tea Party memberships, now available. The website works!

faraway on October 28, 2013 at 1:15 PM

As libfreeordie posted, all of this is to “help” significantly less than 1% of our total population.

rogerb on October 28, 2013 at 1:15 PM

If only the Congressional Republicans had tried to defund this during the CR/debt ceiling debates instead of becoming worthless surrender weasels after a token number of days of “fighting” to gain the hill. If only! Republican resistance combined with the facts about Obamacare would have led to success not stupid speeches about having to cave to live and fight another day.

Happy Nomad on October 28, 2013 at 1:16 PM

Has CBS grown tired of giving free BJ’s to Obama?

Bitter Clinger on October 28, 2013 at 1:16 PM

I haven’t seen any mention yet of the TARP for Insurance Companies that is built right into this sucker for at least the first two years.(To offset poorly managed risk pools)

What’s $150 billion between friends, right Barack?

can_con on October 28, 2013 at 1:16 PM

I’m still looking for my $2500 annual savings…

d1carter on October 28, 2013 at 1:03 PM

I’m still waiting for Obama to pay my mortgage.

parke on October 28, 2013 at 1:08 PM

I’m waiting for people with IQs greater than two to wake up and throw the bum out … I have too much patience. And not enough.

freedomfirst on October 28, 2013 at 1:18 PM

Epic fail

Quick we need another squirrel

cmsinaz on October 28, 2013 at 1:20 PM

What’s amazing to me is there are Democrats out there still defending this POS.

Maybe the GOP should introduce a defund bill in the House, and ask for a roll call vote. Lets pin down once and for all who is still on board with 404Care.

MTF on October 28, 2013 at 1:21 PM

I truly am shocked that they are actually reporting this. Someone high up in the Dem food chain must have told them Barky wants a way to back out of this mess that has his name on it. Honestly, that is the only thing that makes any sense to me.

Johnnyreb on October 28, 2013 at 1:21 PM

NotCoach on October 28, 2013 at 1:06 PM

Two words:

Sweeps weeks – Nielsen’s primetime (includes nightly network newscasts as well) ratings period which establishes the commercial rates the networks can charge advertisers is beginning.

The “I’m mad as hell at Obama” demographic is literally growing by leaps and bounds EVERY day.

They may love Obama but they LOVE money more.

PolAgnostic on October 28, 2013 at 1:23 PM

The website is the tip of the iceberg. The rest of the iceberg is Obamacare itself. It only took the tip to bring down the Titanic.

neyney on October 28, 2013 at 1:24 PM

Hockey stick.

BobMbx on October 28, 2013 at 1:03 PM

Bravo!

A true “Hockey Stick” graph.

ITguy on October 28, 2013 at 1:25 PM

“I just want to know why I can’t keep what I have. Why do I have to be forced into something else?”

Because you voted for Obama you moron…

PatriotRider on October 28, 2013 at 1:26 PM

Posting for all our concerned liberal posters in case you haven’t identified which stage you are at yet. There is light at the end of the tunnel:

1. Denial and Isolation (Hey, where’d ya all go??)
2. Anger (It’s all Booshes, GOP, Tea Party ____Fault!
3. Bargaining (Just give it time, we can still fix this thing!)
4. Depression (Hillary 201… :( )
5. Acceptance (Looks like it’s gonna be Ted Cruz 2016 :( )

can_con on October 28, 2013 at 1:27 PM

The absence of trolls is deafening/telling.

Schadenfreude on October 28, 2013 at 1:28 PM

Johnnyreb on October 28, 2013 at 1:21 PM

You’re right. Being forced to shut this down will save the left from themselves.

While it may improve life for Americans, the damage has already been done. Don’t expect prices to drop.

freedomfirst on October 28, 2013 at 1:28 PM

I’m still looking for my $2500 annual savings…

d1carter on October 28, 2013 at 1:03 PM

Itemize on your taxes, and take it anyway.

Midas on October 28, 2013 at 1:29 PM

Has CBS grown tired of giving free BJ’s to Obama?

Bitter Clinger on October 28, 2013 at 1:16 PM

Maybe these idiots in the drive-by media finally came to the realization that they’re not a protected class. If health care implodes for us, it’s gonna implode for them too.

Doughboy on October 28, 2013 at 1:29 PM

freedomfirst on October 28, 2013 at 1:28 PM

Depends on what kind of shutdown/delay we get. You’re right that prices won’t drop if they delay only the individual mandate. In fact they would increase. But if the entire law is delayed insurers will probably start offering their currently outlawed policies again.

NotCoach on October 28, 2013 at 1:30 PM

BWWWWWAAAAAAAAA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA……
Just wait until the EMPLOYER MANDATE hits in about a year. You ain’t seen nothing yet…. this is just the tip of the proverbial ice berg. WE TOLD YOU !!!!!!!

ExpressoBold on October 28, 2013 at 1:34 PM

Oh where have all the trolls gone?

neuquenguy on October 28, 2013 at 1:34 PM

The “beauty” of this is that when the much higher premium rates come of of the bank account, the reminder will be in your face every single month.

Danno on October 28, 2013 at 1:35 PM

Good and hard, suckers.

Cicero43 on October 28, 2013 at 1:36 PM

Could this recent epiphany by CBS have anything to do with the recent stories of the DHS Stormtroopeers siezing the WaTimes reporter’s files under the guise of a weapons violation by her husband?

Rio Linda Refugee on October 28, 2013 at 1:37 PM

I just took a look at the paper copy of Obamacare’s application. I wonder why more hasn’t been made of this part:

To make it easier to determine my eligibility for help paying for health coverage in future years, I agree to allow the Marketplace
to use income data, including information from tax returns. The Marketplace will send me a notice and let me make any changes,
and I can opt out at any time.

Yes, renew my eligibility automatically for the next
5 years (the maximum number of years allowed), or for a shorter number of years:
4 years
3 years
2 years
1 year
Don’t use information from tax returns to renew my coverage.

In other words, the IRS will just look through its records- mandatory collections for tax purposes- and help you remember to pay your government for crappy health coverage.

Happy Nomad on October 28, 2013 at 1:37 PM

Because you and/or millions of clueless idiots vote for Democrats? I’m just guessing her preference here. That is not how a conservative voter would typically have posed that question.

cajunpatriot on October 28, 2013 at 1:38 PM

freedomfirst on October 28, 2013 at 1:28 PM

I think they figured out a year or more ago that this was going to blow up big time premium wise, and they were desperate to find a way out. HHS had to know what the prices were going to be at least 18 months ago, and she panicked when she saw what was coming and ran to Obama or Jarrett.

I mean seriously, we have CBS actually reporting that people are having their health insurance cancelled because it doesn’t comply with O care and people are having to pay 10x times their old premium because of that. How many of us would have bet on that happening a month ago?

Johnnyreb on October 28, 2013 at 1:38 PM

But, but, they told me “everybody else” would pay for this.

Nobody told me “everybody else” included me…

Marcus Traianus on October 28, 2013 at 1:39 PM

Itemize on your taxes, and take it anyway.

Midas on October 28, 2013 at 1:29 PM

But, all those new IRS agents…ooooh, shudder.

d1carter on October 28, 2013 at 1:39 PM

Danno on October 28, 2013 at 1:35 PM

That is why it won’t work. That is why when the Republicans again took this like it was an abstract political concept they showed the fools they really are. This will be lived by a hundred million Americans each month. Add to that the deductibles. Those that will get a subsidy, how will that be applied or recovered?

Then add the employer mandate delay for Obama’s big business friends. Just because it was delayed doesn’t mean employers are going on a hiring spree. It adds even more uncertainty.

oldroy on October 28, 2013 at 1:40 PM

NotCoach on October 28, 2013 at 1:30 PM

Perhaps. Maybe I’m cynical. I see rising prices as “sticky”. Delay will have a shorterm effect, but the impending implementation and the continued uncertainties (also known as risk) will accrue to prices. Delay won’t help our economy, in my opinion. The only benefit will come from abolishing this monstrocity.

freedomfirst on October 28, 2013 at 1:40 PM

Get Your Obamacare 404 Error Bumper Sticker Today!

kcewa on October 28, 2013 at 1:40 PM

I would if the money wasn’t going to find its way into the campaigns of Graham and McConnell.

Happy Nomad on October 28, 2013 at 1:42 PM

which are skyrocketing premiums and millions of people getting kicked out of the plans they chose … Those funds come out of taxes, either directly on taxpayers or on health care providers and manufacturers — and those costs get passed onto consumers.

Good post overall, Ed. But don’t forget the third major problem — people keep forgetting about the millions of people moved from full-time jobs to part-time because of the disincentives built into the law for businesses in having full-time employees. In effect, that’s a big move of money from helping to pay for the system side of the balance to the cost of running the program side of the balance.

That, too, has to be addressed somewhere in the tax revenue/government spending/healthcare accessibility/deficit spending matrix somewhere.

Dusty on October 28, 2013 at 1:43 PM

Get Your Obamacare 404 Error Bumper Sticker Today!

kcewa on October 28, 2013 at 1:40 PM

Nope!!

Sorry. Not giving the NRSC one thin dime.

Bitter Clinger on October 28, 2013 at 1:43 PM

“…Why do I have to be forced into something else?”

Because unicorns aren’t real.

BKeyser on October 28, 2013 at 1:43 PM

The entire bill-now law was invalidated from the start when the dem. speaker of the house, N. Pelosi said you have to pass the bill to see what’s in it.
What a joke!!

FireBlogger on October 28, 2013 at 1:47 PM

Nope!!

Sorry. Not giving the NRSC one thin dime.

Bitter Clinger on October 28, 2013 at 1:43 PM

Yeah I know – but I had to break down and buy just one. As a birthday present for my liberal brother.

kcewa on October 28, 2013 at 1:47 PM

I’m getting sick and tired of these people talking about you can receive a subsidy. The definition of subsidy: other people paying for your sh*t.

DDay on October 28, 2013 at 1:48 PM

freedomfirst on October 28, 2013 at 1:40 PM

You’re stepping on the HA/ establishment GOP mantra.

Abolishing Obamacare is futile. If you don’t like it-tough! Bend over because Obama is President and the Dems control the Senate. There is nothing you or I can do about Obamacare but STFU and obey. Resistance will not be tolerated. We must surrender so that we can live to fight another day.

Personally I think this mantra is wrong. There is a lot to be said for vocal public disgust about Obamacare filled with complaints about how much more expensive healthcare has become under Obamacare. Demands to know why we can’t keep our doctors. Demands to know why our health costs didn’t go down to $2300. In other words annoy the hell out of the Congress and administration.

Happy Nomad on October 28, 2013 at 1:48 PM

Here’s an actual example (from my wife’s company of 120 employees) of how Obamacare is not only an astronomical price spiker but it also increases the costs of current insurance plans.

1 Co insurance plan BEFORE Obamacare–Employee contribution 140 a month or 1680 a year. This amount deducted from gross salary and thus reduces AGI.

2 Co insurance plan now. Employee contribution 240 a month or 2880 a year. Price increase 1200 a year (71%) but the good news is that the 2880 gets deducted from from gross salary thus reducing AGI–a partial recovery of increased cost.

3 Employees may elect to opt for Obamacare which Company will buy for them over the exchanges (IF they are able to do so!) Cost is 540 per employee or $6480 a year PLUS THIS COST NOT DEDUCTED FROM SALARY THUS IS FULLY TAXABLE AS ORDINARY INCOME. (The only exception would be if 6480 PLUS other medical expenses rise above 7.5% of AGI threshhold-which usually only happens when huge expenses such as hospitalization are involved.

Obiviously the results were as follows:

Opting for increased participation-cost company plan 120 employees.
Opting for Obamacare option -0- employees.

MaiDee on October 28, 2013 at 1:50 PM

Comprehensive health care reform worked so well, they should now do comprehensive immigration reform.

With health care reform, they changed the health plans of every American in order to give health care to the small percentage of uninsured.

Using that model :
For immigration reform, the government will probably declare all Americans illegal immigrants to give immigration status to the small percentage of illegals.

Good luck at the web site they create to prove you are a U.S. citizen.

The U.S. government at work.

MichaelGabriel on October 28, 2013 at 1:50 PM

rogerb on October 28, 2013 at 1:15 PM

Where is that loser, anyway?

Ward Cleaver on October 28, 2013 at 1:53 PM

CBS is just helping to lay the groundwork for the push to single payer. That’s all that’s going on here with prices and with the website.

bgibbs1000 on October 28, 2013 at 1:53 PM

I guess the “no free lunch” program is new to everyone?

Are we the only ones in American that have been raised with that old saying?

Here it is again….There is no free lunch…

What is so difficult about that?

right2bright on October 28, 2013 at 1:54 PM

Obiviously the results were as follows:

Opting for increased participation-cost company plan 120 employees.
Opting for Obamacare option -0- employees.

MaiDee on October 28, 2013 at 1:50 PM

Hopefully soon they’ll be able to go back to option 1.

kcewa on October 28, 2013 at 1:54 PM

BTW-

Pelsoi is out there talking about gaining seats in the House and she becoming Speaker again. Guess what is up next? Comprehensive childcare. Because, obviously, after the government takes over healthcare and grants amnesty to all the illegals, it is time to put children into the collective and destroy the idea about privitazation of your children.

Happy Nomad on October 28, 2013 at 1:55 PM

If you like your doctor… he or she will be mighty proud of that.

If you like your policy… frame it. It’ll be worth something someday on ebay.

Obama Evolves on the Memes.

profitsbeard on October 28, 2013 at 1:55 PM

It’s not true.
Ask your wife to explain it to you better.
verbaluce on October 1, 2013 at 12:21 PM

nobar on October 28, 2013 at 1:56 PM

Hey Obama,

We found at least one thing that’s shovel ready!

can_con on October 28, 2013 at 1:57 PM

And not only will this woman pay more in premiums, she will pay more in taxes to support the plan too.

So the true cost is even more than is being reported.

PattyJ on October 28, 2013 at 1:57 PM

I just heard Ed Henry stipulate to Jay Carney that people would be giving up their private insurance for “better” insurance. This was in context of him asking about “if you like it, you can keep it”.

Henry is making the naive assumption that the replacement plan is better. That’s a subjective call. The 0bama regime thinks it’s objective. Those idiots don’t know my situation. They can’t possibly know what’s a better plan for me.

At the simplest, they don’t seem to account for gender or age. Seems like a 70 year old male doesn’t need obstetric coverage. Also, some people like catastrophic coverage and prefer to save the difference (either in HSAs or otherwise).

These takers disgust me.

freedomfirst on October 28, 2013 at 1:57 PM

We need a squirrel. Cruise missiles to launch into Iran in 3,2,1…

Cue Obama: USA, USA, USA!

Ellis on October 28, 2013 at 1:58 PM

because he’s black you racst woman !

burrata on October 28, 2013 at 1:58 PM

Where is that loser, anyway?

Ward Cleaver on October 28, 2013 at 1:53 PM

Don’t think any of our trolls have been on any thread today. Puzzling./

katy the mean old lady on October 28, 2013 at 2:03 PM

Hey CBS, welcome to what we told you jackasses would happen 4 years ago.

TX-96 on October 28, 2013 at 2:03 PM

All this crap is forcing me to use va benefits (I am DAV) that I am able to use but have avoided for many years.
basically if I could not relate the benefit directly to my injuries I avoided using the benefit.
I now have that option taken away from me basically.

dmacleo on October 28, 2013 at 2:06 PM

Suddenly CBS is becoming a killer of the Obama administration.

between Obamacare and Benzgazi they are doing a number on them.

this is not the liberal CBS that i hate.

gerrym51 on October 28, 2013 at 2:06 PM