Quotes of the day

posted at 10:41 pm on October 22, 2013 by Allahpundit

Following the troubled rollout of the website behind Obamacare, very few Americans said the launch is going well, according to a new poll out Tuesday.

Only 12 percent said the enrollment process on Healthcare.gov is going well, the CBS survey shows. Almost half of Americans say it isn’t and 38 percent say they can’t evaluate.

***

Today, we are announcing key steps the Department is taking as part of a tech surge to continue to improve the consumer experience on HealthCare.gov…

We’ve also brought in additional experts and specialists drawn from within government, our contractors, and industry, including veterans of top Silicon Valley companies. These reinforcements include a handful of Presidential Innovation Fellows. This new infusion of talent will bring a powerful array of subject matter expertise and skills, including extensive experience scaling major IT systems. This effort is being marshaled as part of a cross-functional team that is working aggressively to diagnose parts of HealthCare.gov that are experiencing problems, learn from successful states, prioritize issues, and fix them…

We will continue to keep you updated on our progress on improving HealthCare.gov.

***

President Barack Obama didn’t know about the problems with the Affordable Care Act’s website — despite complaints from insurance companies and the site’s crashing during a test run — until days into its now well-documented abysmal launch, the nation’s health chief told CNN on Tuesday.

In an exclusive interview with CNN’s Dr. Sanjay Gupta, Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius admitted Tuesday that there is significant concern in her department and the White House over the technical debacle surrounding the Obamacare website’s rollout. The site was supposed to make it simple for people to search and sign-up for new health care policies starting on October 1, but instead it’s been clunky and, at times, inoperable.

***

Mike Hash, who directs the Office of Health reform at the Department of Health and Human Services, will brief House Democrats Wednesday about implementation of the Affordable Care Act…

House Speaker John Boehner’s (R-Ohio) office is crying foul that House Republicans aren’t included in the briefing. It is asking that the same briefing be provided to the GOP.

“Far too much information about Obamacare’s rollout is being concealed from the public,” Boehner spokesman Brendan Buck said. “All members – as well as the American people – deserve answers for this debacle. That’s why we have asked the administration to provide the same briefing to House Republicans. This snub is all the more offensive after Secretary Sebelius declined to testify at a House hearing this week. It’s time for the Obama administration to honor its promises of transparency and face some accountability.”

***

The that experts say the problems need to be fixed by Thanksgiving to keep the program on track. But there are already murmurings the repair project could go past December 15, the New York Times. The same story mentioned that potentially 5 million lines of computer code could need rewriting. If that’s true, it sounds like it could be the code-writing equivalent of the D-Day invasion — massive, complex and arduous.

Which is not exactly what nervous Democrats want to hear. But they’re sure to ask about it at an Obama administration for House Democrats on Obamacare’s travails scheduled for Wednesday morning. (House Republicans are requesting a similar briefing as well.)

For the congressional Democrats whose votes made the Affordable Care Act a reality and who will have to defend their support for the law in the 2014 mid-term elections, the problems with the federal website are a political nightmare.

***

Three lessons jump to mind. ObamaCare’s disastrous launch is not just a programmer’s bad hair day but deeply implicated in the central con of ObamaCare.

Secondly, ObamaCare did not need to be founded on misdirection and hidden taxes on the young. It actually would have been a better program and cheaper for the country if it hadn’t been.

Finally liberals hate to be told their hardball policy aim is to make more Americans dependent on government. But in a year or two thousands or millions of older, sicker ObamaCare customers may find their premiums soaring when the young and healthy didn’t show up to subsidize their care. Then what?

***

Time to panic? No. But it’s time to prepare to panic. It sounds like the earliest anyone is projecting fixes is sometime in the middle of November. That’s the time when it absolutely has to work — and if it doesn’t, we should panic. Maybe not “Get in the shelter, Homer!” panic, but I’d definitely think about rebalancing the 401(k) and maybe voting in some politicians who will treat this with the gravity it deserves, rather than giving Rose Garden speeches saying that everything’s basically A-OK if you don’t look at the parts that don’t work! Because make no mistake: If this piece doesn’t work, then most of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act doesn’t work…

Judging from President Obama’s speech, the administration has decided to triple down on the “burn the boats” strategy pioneered by Hernan Cortes in his conquest of Mexico: Make a total commitment in the hopes that this will somehow enable you to overcome impossible odds. There was no sign of a Plan B (other than call centers), no hint that they might consider a full or partial delay if they couldn’t get the systems working on time. Presumably they think (correctly) that the longer this goes on, the harder it will be to implement a delay, because so many people will have lost their existing insurance and/or bought new policies through the exchanges. But as I pointed out last week, while the “burn the boats” strategy sometimes ends with an improbable victory, the problem is that the other way it ends is in . . . well, a death spiral.

***

Congress could design and federal IT regulators could enforce a new procurement law that was the epitome of agility and nimbleness, one that would allow for tiger teams of Mark Zuckerberg and Sergey Brin’s best engineers to tackle things with “Move Fast and Break Things” gusto. But such a law would be the antithesis of the modern administrative state that is a product of 20th century liberalism.

I get that progressive techies didn’t set things up that way, and left to their own devices, can produce pretty good results (see the 2012 Obama campaign). But the governing philosophy they support is at odds with the startup mentality they also embrace. For better or worse, the impulse for a bigger government that makes more health care decisions goes hand in hand with bad procurement laws administered by a unionized federal workforce bullish on routine and bearish on innovation.

This is how we get a bureaucracy that, when it comes to technology, moves slow and still breaks things.

***

Want to know the names of the individuals and companies leading the “tech surge” called in to fix Obamacare’s main website? If you ask “the most transparent administration in history,” you’re basically out of luck

“If these individuals work for companies that have business before the White House, business before the Congress, do you think, in the interests of transparency, it would be a good idea to list the people and their companies?” asked Ed Henry of Fox News.

“At this point, Ed, I just don’t have more information than I gave you. I would refer you to HHS,” Carney replied, referring to the Department of Health and Human Services…

The problem? An HHS press officer that Yahoo News reached by email wouldn’t comment on the record, while a question submitted via a complex form on the agency’s website never even got a reply.

***

“This is not a glitch. This is a national embarrassment.”

***

The Republican chairman of a key congressional oversight committee has asked Google, Microsoft and three other U.S. companies to provide details on their possible involvement in a “tech surge” aimed at fixing a website implementing President Barack Obama’s signature healthcare law.

Darrell Issa, chairman of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, made the request in a letter to Google, Microsoft, Verizon Enterprise Solutions, Oracle and Expedia, committee spokeswoman Caitlin Carroll said…

“Despite the President’s assertion that ‘we’re well into a “tech surge”‘ neither the White House nor HHS is providing additional details about which private sector companies have been engaged or whether they are being engaged through the appropriate procurement processes,” Issa said in the letter.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

thatsafactjack on October 22, 2013 at 11:20 PM

Because of my asthma-the ‘clean bill of health’ is history. Even after this flare-up is over…there will ALWAYS be a possibility of other things triggering it.
It’s been so mild. I have no idea why it decided to start acting up now.

annoyinglittletwerp on October 22, 2013 at 11:25 PM

Resist We Much on October 22, 2013 at 11:17 PM

My genius comment to you was eaten. I’m telling you so you’ll be impressed.

. . . I can’t imagine what word did it. –Anyway, it was about the NHS and an empty change can.

So, you know — wow! is what you should be feeling.

Axe on October 22, 2013 at 11:26 PM

I meant to type Romanians and Bulgarians. Obviously, the Roma are included. If you want to see how big of a problem the Roma have become, read this:

Revealed: The real scandal behind a stolen caravan, travellers’ human rights and a betrayal that makes your blood BOIL

Resist We Much on October 22, 2013 at 11:22 PM

Yeah, we have to be sensitive to their cultural values. Like theft.

kcewa on October 22, 2013 at 11:26 PM

Axe on October 22, 2013 at 11:26 PM

You know, you can use your back page feature to recover what you wrote in the HA typepad. Don’t you?

Smooch.

Resist We Much on October 22, 2013 at 11:27 PM

Axe on October 22, 2013 at 11:26 PM

You can just go back a page or two. It will still be there. Try again?

Bmore on October 22, 2013 at 11:28 PM

Yeah, we have to be sensitive to their cultural values. Like theft.

kcewa on October 22, 2013 at 11:26 PM

And shitting in public places.

Resist We Much on October 22, 2013 at 11:28 PM

Resist We Much on October 22, 2013 at 11:27 PM

Lolz! As much as we try RWM. ; )

Bmore on October 22, 2013 at 11:28 PM

Ken has the fastest mouse in the west.

He can go to another thread, cut a comment out, run back here and paste it into a QOTD bishop before I can even saddle up my mouse.

He is trying to impress B9 since his trampoine skills need improving.

SparkPlug on October 22, 2013 at 11:28 PM

I honestly think that the end result was single payer, except they didn’t intend for the destruction to be quite this efficient. They had expected for the crash to take a little longer. It is really hard to justify single payer on the heels of such a govt clusterfark!

uncommon sense on October 22, 2013 at 10:57 PM

Well, that’s from our perspective – from the way *we* would perceive and think.

Libs, well… they will cry out for the government to fix it, and quick – they will *beg* Obama et al for single payer.

Bet on it.

Midas on October 22, 2013 at 11:29 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on October 22, 2013 at 11:25 PM

It’s likely environmental, and stress can effect the immune system dramatically, too.

You mentioned a lot of cotton farms in the area, and I’ve been through there many times. There’s a lot of dust, pollen, and increasing amounts of normal city type pollutants, too, and diesel exhaust is one of the worst since the small particulate count is very high.

Have you changed anything in your home? Paint, wallpaper, carpets, furnishings, new pets, or cleaning products. Often the culprit for sudden onset of symptoms is related to any one of these changes.

I hope you can find the cause and it goes back to a much milder state for you soon, ALT. :)

thatsafactjack on October 22, 2013 at 11:30 PM

You can just go back a page or two. It will still be there. Try again?

Bmore on October 22, 2013 at 11:28 PM

I don’t think that we are supposed to tell him that. The builder of a billion dollar network didn’t even know that his computer had a calculator on it or that he could access tonnes of them online.

Snort.

lolz

Resist We Much on October 22, 2013 at 11:30 PM

Lolz! As much as we try RWM. ; )

Bmore on October 22, 2013 at 11:28 PM

Snicker.

Resist We Much on October 22, 2013 at 11:31 PM

Nothing sticks to RWM except toenail polish. How will Axe ever meme her as the Twitchy eyeball girl?

Alfalfa sprouts.

SparkPlug on October 22, 2013 at 11:32 PM

Glitchgate

Schadenfreude on October 22, 2013 at 11:32 PM

Libs The Press, well… they will cry out for the government to fix it, and quick – they will *beg* Obama et al for single payer.

Bet on it.

Midas on October 22, 2013 at 11:29 PM

FIFY

kcewa on October 22, 2013 at 11:32 PM

thatsafactjack on October 22, 2013 at 11:30 PM

If it’s my cats…I’ll get shots. They ain’t going anywhere.
I’m 43. Sh*t happens.

annoyinglittletwerp on October 22, 2013 at 11:33 PM

Bmore on October 22, 2013 at 11:25 PM

Got it. :) Thanks.

Axe on October 22, 2013 at 11:33 PM

Early Call Time.

Good Night All.

Bmore on October 22, 2013 at 11:33 PM

Schadenfreude on October 22, 2013 at 11:32 PM

Oh, very good. :)

Remember when Beyonce said “Take that Mitches” ?

I guess this makes the left a bunch of… Glitches.

thatsafactjack on October 22, 2013 at 11:34 PM

Libs and The Press (though I repeat myself), well… they will cry out for the government to fix it, and quick – they will *beg* Obama et al for single payer.

Bet on it.

Midas on October 22, 2013 at 11:29 PM

FIFY

kcewa on October 22, 2013 at 11:32 PM

ReWrite™ engaged for redundancy’s sake.

Steve Eggleston on October 22, 2013 at 11:34 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on October 22, 2013 at 11:33 PM

I’d do the exact same thing. :) There are just some things that aren’t negotiable… and our pets are one of them. :)

thatsafactjack on October 22, 2013 at 11:35 PM

When did Obama first find out he had been elected and then reelected President? About 2 weeks ago?

VorDaj on October 22, 2013 at 11:36 PM

Good night Bmore.

KCB on October 22, 2013 at 11:36 PM

Bmore on October 22, 2013 at 11:33 PM

Goodnight, Bmore. :) Sleep well.

thatsafactjack on October 22, 2013 at 11:36 PM

I told them WHY I was on LOA. I also told them that I wanted to work-but Walmart refused to let me work w/ restrictions. NONE of the positions that I was looking involved much time in coolers. One involved NO time in a cooler. I was willing to take a paycut to work there-and I told my interviewer that.

annoyinglittletwerp on October 22, 2013 at 11:22 PM

Well, having been in the hiring and firing business for most of my life, successfully for the most part, it’s best not to hear LOA from someone you’re interviewing, for the reasons I mentioned. If I’m really interested in them, the former employer will be called just to make sure they weren’t some bad ass or something, but the former employer will usually say nothing about their prior history or current status, except to confirm their employment and the times of same. These are the instructions I also give to my people when we get an employment inquiry. Don’t want to fvck with lawsuits, as no one does.

TXUS on October 22, 2013 at 11:36 PM

VorDaj on October 22, 2013 at 11:36 PM

He still doesn’t know the office is President and not King.

Steve Eggleston on October 22, 2013 at 11:37 PM

One of the few cute and sweet things I will likely ever write…

My New PC And Assistant Taxi Driver Annie

PointnClick on October 22, 2013 at 11:37 PM

Nite Bmore

Schadenfreude on October 22, 2013 at 11:37 PM

And on that bombshell, I’m calling it a night.

Good fight, good night.

Steve Eggleston on October 22, 2013 at 11:38 PM

I still say: Kathleen Sebelius = Glitch B**tch

kcewa on October 22, 2013 at 11:38 PM

I guess this makes the left a bunch of… Glitches.

thatsafactjack on October 22, 2013 at 11:34 PM

Male and female,
They are all bitc*es.

Schadenfreude on October 22, 2013 at 11:38 PM

is it pc to scratch a glitch or rub a kink?

Fred

jrsrigmvr on October 22, 2013 at 11:39 PM

TXUS on October 22, 2013 at 11:36 PM

I was trying to be honest. Didn’t want to seem deceptive. I figured if I didn’t mention it-Wally would. Better coming from me.

annoyinglittletwerp on October 22, 2013 at 11:39 PM

Nite SE – you fight well.

Schadenfreude on October 22, 2013 at 11:39 PM

Good night Steve.

KCB on October 22, 2013 at 11:40 PM

Healthcare Burning

faraway on October 22, 2013 at 11:40 PM

Sigh.

Axe on October 22, 2013 at 11:41 PM

I think Bernie of “Weekend at Bernie’s”, even at the end of the movie, was more sentient than Obama is and certainly more aware of his surroundings and what was going on around him. Are we sure Obama’s still alive?

VorDaj on October 22, 2013 at 11:43 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on October 22, 2013 at 11:39 PM

I understand, but what I’m saying is that Wally won’t. That’s the way it works in big companies or any companies who have a clue.

TXUS on October 22, 2013 at 11:44 PM

Axe, if it’s any consolation, there are times when I sincerely feel for you. Just know that those who tease you love you…even if it’s just a saying.

Schadenfreude on October 22, 2013 at 11:44 PM

Nite SE – you fight well.

Schadenfreude on October 22, 2013 at 11:39 PM

…yes…yes….he does…as do youse!

KOOLAID2 on October 22, 2013 at 11:44 PM

This guy better watch his back.

Holder and obama are sitting on fire.

Schadenfreude on October 22, 2013 at 11:46 PM

Sigh.

Axe on October 22, 2013 at 11:41 PM

Snicker. Snort. Smooch.

:-)

Resist We Much on October 22, 2013 at 11:46 PM

Steve Eggleston on October 22, 2013 at 11:38 PM

Goodnight, Steve. :) Sleep well.

thatsafactjack on October 22, 2013 at 11:46 PM

Schweizer said tonight that the US, in DC, is the most corrupt of all the so-called western political hacks.

Schadenfreude on October 22, 2013 at 11:46 PM

One of the few cute and sweet things I will likely ever write…

My New PC And Assistant Taxi Driver Annie

PointnClick on October 22, 2013 at 11:37 PM

That was terrific.

annoyinglittletwerp on October 22, 2013 at 11:47 PM

One of the few cute and sweet things I will likely ever write…

My New PC And Assistant Taxi Driver Annie

PointnClick on October 22, 2013 at 11:37 PM

…thanks!…I haven’t been to see you in a while!…ok…ok…I check every few days!

KOOLAID2 on October 22, 2013 at 11:48 PM

Are we sure Obama’s still alive?

VorDaj on October 22, 2013 at 11:43 PM

We’re not sure that he ever was.

How this moron was elected and then re-elected can only be explained by Zimbabwean Mugabean tactics. He won re-election the same way as Mugabe did in 2013. He rules the same.

Schadenfreude on October 22, 2013 at 11:49 PM

Axe on October 22, 2013 at 11:41 PM

I’ve been here and not here off and on… I think I missed it.

Phone calls… important.

thatsafactjack on October 22, 2013 at 11:49 PM

Just re-read what I said, ALT. To be clear, Wally won’t mention anything to an enquiring new employer except your job title and time period of active employment. They won’t even confirm salary amount. It’s the way it is.

TXUS on October 22, 2013 at 11:49 PM

TXUS on October 22, 2013 at 11:44 PM

Aspies tend to be rather innocent. While I’m a bit more…streetsmart-I’m still an Aspie.

annoyinglittletwerp on October 22, 2013 at 11:49 PM

Hear about Florida Blue cancelling some 300,000 individual health insurance policies?

[Dr. ZhivBlago on October 22, 2013 at 11:00 PM]

Yeah, 300,000 Americans who don’t get to keep the health insurance that Obama promised they could keep.

What a great guy that President Obama is.

Dusty on October 22, 2013 at 11:49 PM

One of the few cute and sweet things I will likely ever write…

My New PC And Assistant Taxi Driver Annie

PointnClick on October 22, 2013 at 11:37 PM

That was nice, man. :) And the contrast was really interesting.

Excellent.

Axe on October 22, 2013 at 11:50 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on October 22, 2013 at 11:39 PM

Free advice – no sane company, incl and especially Walmart, will say any more than “alt worked here from-to dates”.

That’s the only thing said, per all the lawyers’ advice.

Schadenfreude on October 22, 2013 at 11:51 PM

TXUS on October 22, 2013 at 11:49 PM

Because Wally and this other grocery are the only game in town-the next places to apply will be delis/sandwich shops or maybe a liquor store. Fast food is out.

annoyinglittletwerp on October 22, 2013 at 11:51 PM

Snicker. Snort. Smooch.

:-)

Resist We Much on October 22, 2013 at 11:46 PM

Making my night, you know. :)

And rescuing my day, too.

Axe on October 22, 2013 at 11:51 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on October 22, 2013 at 11:22 PM

Steve McQueen spent a lot of time in the cooler

VorDaj on October 22, 2013 at 11:52 PM

PointnClick on October 22, 2013 at 11:37 PM

I thoroughly enjoyed that story. Made me miss my grandkids!

KCB on October 22, 2013 at 11:52 PM

I’ve been here and not here off and on… I think I missed it.

Phone calls… important.

thatsafactjack on October 22, 2013 at 11:49 PM

Skip.

Axe on October 22, 2013 at 11:52 PM

Axe on October 22, 2013 at 11:52 PM

Check. :)

thatsafactjack on October 22, 2013 at 11:53 PM

Hey candy corn makes a nice ring as it plinks off axes bucket. Skittles really bounce off hard. You really have to throw circus peanuts hard to get them to make any kind of decent sound since they are marshmellowey.

It’s a good place to crack Turkish taffy.

SparkPlug on October 22, 2013 at 11:53 PM

DEVELOPING Healthcare.gov Lack Of Security Exposes Names/Addresses Of ALL Healthcare Navigators

But, don’t worry! YOUR information is perfectly safe!

Resist We Much on October 22, 2013 at 11:54 PM

It’s a good place to crack Turkish taffy.

SparkPlug on October 22, 2013 at 11:53 PM

so going on the page

Axe on October 22, 2013 at 11:55 PM

I just got off the phone with Jackie. Sorry didn’t mean to take her away from QOTD.

SparkPlug on October 22, 2013 at 11:55 PM

Making my night, you know. :)

And rescuing my day, too.

Axe on October 22, 2013 at 11:51 PM

~~wink, wink~~

Resist We Much on October 22, 2013 at 11:55 PM

VorDaj on October 22, 2013 at 11:52 PM

That’s an awesome film!

annoyinglittletwerp on October 22, 2013 at 11:56 PM

This guy better watch his back.

Holder and obama are sitting on fire.

Schadenfreude on October 22, 2013 at 11:46 PM

Yep,corruption makes it all work: Politicians fund Public Employees –> Public Employee Unions fund politicians campaigns–> Politicians fund Public Employees

kcewa on October 22, 2013 at 11:57 PM

Resist We Much on October 22, 2013 at 11:55 PM

Did you wink each eyeball or double wink one eyeball?

SparkPlug on October 22, 2013 at 11:57 PM

<- psa: mostly working on billion dollar software empire

<- yes, I know I'm down there, but pointing left is a convention

Axe on October 22, 2013 at 11:58 PM

Resist We Much on October 22, 2013 at 11:54 PM

Somebody on Twitter has a link to data base with every county of every state’s providers with plans and prices without the subsidies…or so they say. I did go look at it.

d1carter on October 22, 2013 at 11:59 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on October 22, 2013 at 11:51 PM

What about a pet store that sells sharks, snakes and spiders? You would love that job.

SparkPlug on October 22, 2013 at 11:59 PM

Unreal: Top HHS Officials To Brief ONLY Congressional Democrats On Obamacare Rollout Mess…

Resist We Much on October 22, 2013 at 10:43 PM

Remember when the Democrats, led by Reid and Pelosi, LOCKED THE DOOR to keep Republicans out of the room while they were drafting OBAMACARE?

thatsafactjack on October 22, 2013 at 10:51 PM

Take a fresh look at the promises Obama made about involving both parties and putting all discussions on C-SPAN

ITguy on October 23, 2013 at 12:00 AM

Halloween is nearly upon us. :)

Scary stories, piles of leaves on lawns to play in, crisp night air…caramel apples, popcorn balls, candy apples, jack o’ lanterns… watching horror movies in the dark… candy corn… wax lips… lol!…fake fangs… chocolate coins…

It’s Witchcraft – Sinatra

thatsafactjack on October 23, 2013 at 12:00 AM

OT/…I wonder if the truthful lady who Hannity interviewed on the Obama Care Hot Line… for 15 million listeners…has been fired yet?

KOOLAID2 on October 23, 2013 at 12:01 AM

SparkPlug on October 22, 2013 at 11:55 PM

Good evening, Spark. :)

I wish it had been you. Unfortunately, it was business.

thatsafactjack on October 23, 2013 at 12:02 AM

Resist We Much on October 22, 2013 at 10:43 PM

Yet Boner only whines about it. He’s the freaking House Speaker. I’d kick the guy’s effing door off the hinges and beyatch slap him a couple times.

msupertas on October 23, 2013 at 12:03 AM

But, don’t worry! YOUR information is perfectly safe!

Resist We Much on October 22, 2013 at 11:54 PM

Did you look at that list? Every leftist political group that you could imagine. Tax payer dollars funding Obama’s supporters.

kcewa on October 23, 2013 at 12:04 AM

ITguy on October 23, 2013 at 12:00 AM

Yes. lol! How about that? Must have been one of those things that just slipped his mind.:)

thatsafactjack on October 23, 2013 at 12:04 AM

KOOLAID2 on October 23, 2013 at 12:01 AM

You Have To Ask?

OF COURSE THEY HAVE!!…….and NO ONE will EVER KNOW who they were or What Happened to Them!

williamg on October 23, 2013 at 12:05 AM

Same Old Blues – Clapton/Knopfler

thatsafactjack on October 23, 2013 at 12:05 AM

thatsafactjack on October 23, 2013 at 12:02 AM

Glad I caught you on here tonight. I have been meaning to apologize for some time for some crude remarks I made a while back I think on an NFL thread. Not great at apologizing, but I hope you will accept.

msupertas on October 23, 2013 at 12:06 AM

Solaratov… are you here?

I wanted to find out what kind of puppies you’ve got. :)

thatsafactjack on October 23, 2013 at 12:07 AM

It’s Witchcraft – Sinatra

thatsafactjack on October 23, 2013 at 12:00 AM

Gotta be the best Sinatra song, ever. “Those fingers in my hair, that sly, come-hither stare, strips my conscience bare …”

And perfect Halloweenage.

How’s it goin’ girl?

TXUS on October 23, 2013 at 12:08 AM

msupertas on October 23, 2013 at 12:06 AM

Good evening, msupertas. :)

Of course I will. Thank you. I appreciate it very much, indeed.

How are you this evening?

thatsafactjack on October 23, 2013 at 12:08 AM

Our men’s national team could have deliberately lost to Panama and eliminated El Tri. You owe us Juan.

“It is because of the USA that we are being placed in the playoff …BECAUSE OF THEM , NOT DUE TO YOU..NOT ANY OF YOU in the green shirts ….IT WAS THEM!!.NOT YOU!..THEY DID IT!!!!!NOT YOU! remember this forever….. KEEP THIS CLEARLY IN MIND FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIVES! You do NOTHING for the shirt, you do NOT put the effort, you have NOT placed us in the playoffs , you HAVE NOT placed us in the WORLD CUP ..YOU WOULD NOT HAVE KEPT US ALIVE….IT WAS ESTADOS UNIDOS, NOT YOU! NOT YOU AND YOUR ARROGANCE/CONCEIT…..NOT YOU AND YOUR INFAMY….NOT YOU AND YOUR MORONS/PUNKS….
….
“IT IS A FAILURE…..and UNDESERVED -to go through to the playoff- WE HAD NO ARGUMENTS to earn the playoffs, THE USA, WITH SUBS , WITH MANY SUBS as the visiting team shows us once again what the USA is all about ….how to play the game with dignity, how to approach the sport..MExico is a horror, just terrible….A FAILURE….
……
THE USA HAS SURPASSED US ..They are better than Mexico in SOCCER ….THEY EVEN HAVE THE LUXURY OF PLAYING THEIR SUBS and KEEPING US LIVE…. I hope our coach wears the pants and resigns..He has failed as coach….”

Christien on October 23, 2013 at 12:09 AM

The WH has asked insurance companies to stop reporting sign up numbers to the public…
Yes, they are that good.

d1carter on October 23, 2013 at 12:09 AM

williamg on October 23, 2013 at 12:02 AM

Excellent. :)

Good evening, williamg. :)

thatsafactjack on October 23, 2013 at 12:09 AM

williamg on October 23, 2013 at 12:02 AM

Evening.

annoyinglittletwerp on October 23, 2013 at 12:12 AM

thatsafactjack on October 23, 2013 at 12:08 AM

Thanks so much. Very gracious. I’m fine, thank you. How are you? I think we’re fellow Okies.

msupertas on October 23, 2013 at 12:12 AM

TXUS on October 23, 2013 at 12:08 AM

Good evening, TXUS. :) Good to see you.

I like that tune very much, too. :)

It’s going pretty well, except for rude colleagues who call me in the middle of the night and don’t know the meaning of ‘No.’…but other than that… very well. Thanks for asking.

How’s it going with you?

thatsafactjack on October 23, 2013 at 12:14 AM

msupertas on October 23, 2013 at 12:06 AM

… *thinking to myself*…(you are on “our” side…and you…msupertas…have a lot of class!)

KOOLAID2 on October 23, 2013 at 12:14 AM

msupertas on October 23, 2013 at 12:12 AM

We are. :) One of the last great states. :)

I’m doing well. I hope you and yours are well and enjoying the cooler weather.

thatsafactjack on October 23, 2013 at 12:15 AM

SparkPlug on October 22, 2013 at 11:55 PM

Well, if it was phone sex, I’m sure it was a short conversation. ;-)

TXUS on October 23, 2013 at 12:15 AM

PointnClick on October 22, 2013 at 11:37 PM

What a great story! Annie will never forget it either.

Schadenfreude on October 23, 2013 at 12:15 AM

Bwahahahahahahah

Insurance is a terrible deal for most people. A financial sink-hole that grows wider and consumes more with each passing day (and each newly “adjusted” premium).

No doubt this is why it has been made mandatory.

First car – now health.

Most people have, of course, been duped into believing otherwise – that insurance is essential – via the inculcation of fear. A whole industry (a mafia, actually) is predicated on it. Scare the crap out of people; convince them that catastrophe is right around the corner and inescapable.

The fallacy ought to be obvious.

If it’s true that catastrophe lurks – and is inescapable – insurance companies would go broke instead of rendering us broke.

Unfortunately, this simple deduction is not obvious to most people. Even though it’s right in front of their noses each time they pay a premium – for years on end.

Insurance is one of the greatest scams going – to a great extent, because it’s a scam you can’t say no to. Vegas is crooked, but you don’t have to go there. A back-alley card game is fixed, too – but no one makes you participate.

With car insurance – and now, Obamacare – you must participate.

Or else.

roflmmfao

donabernathy on October 23, 2013 at 12:15 AM

Excellent. :)

Good evening, williamg. :)

thatsafactjack on October 23, 2013 at 12:09 AM

Good evening to you, Jackie – God Love Bob and The Band……..their songs never stop going through my head…

williamg on October 23, 2013 at 12:17 AM