DWS: OK, yeah, this rollout has been kind of terrible

posted at 8:41 pm on October 15, 2013 by Erika Johnsen

Last week, DNC Chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz clumsily but determinedly stuck like glue to the White House’s favored talking point about an unexpected avalanche of traffic being the root cause of the prohibitive number of “glitches” plaguing the federal online portal, even as more and more emerging evidence continues to point to underlying (and yet deliberate) architecture flaws and hasty programming decisions. Even her fellow liberals are beginning to concede that the Obama administration really botched ObamaCare’s opening, and now she’s — well, she’s still clinging to that “too much traffic” talking point, actually, but only as a weak preface in finally admitting that yeah, there is really no excuse for glitchiness of this magnitude.

Well, clearly the rollout of the website and people’s ease of getting on to the website has been a bit of a struggle, and that needs to be fixed. They’re working on that aggressively. I mean, I think the good news is that the website was designed for fewer people than actually logged on. We had exponential interest, and the website had some challenges handling that through their servers. … You know, I don’t think we should be making excuses. There should have been a better rollout and a better design.

Comments

…she is so right…it looks like her!

KOOLAID2 on October 15, 2013 at 8:43 PM

Puuuuuuuuke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bgibbs1000 on October 15, 2013 at 8:44 PM

Yeah, but when these glitches get fixed everything will be lovely…

d1carter on October 15, 2013 at 8:44 PM

It is Bush’s fault

Grunt on October 15, 2013 at 8:44 PM

ObamaHair!

hillsoftx on October 15, 2013 at 8:44 PM

adds mayonnaise to shopping list

pain train on October 15, 2013 at 8:45 PM

DWS: OK, yeah, this rollout has been kind of terrible

It would be easier to navigate through your hair then ObamaCare..

Electrongod on October 15, 2013 at 8:45 PM

Exponential interest? 9.3 million people week 1 resulted in 36K applicants….like celebrating buying 1,000 lottery tickets–POINTLESS!

hillsoftx on October 15, 2013 at 8:49 PM

You know, I don’t think we should be making excuses.

……….’Cuz lying comes more natural to us.

antipc on October 15, 2013 at 8:50 PM

DWS looks like a demon who tortures sinners in those Medieval paintings of hell.

jaime on October 15, 2013 at 8:52 PM

“Ya know, maybe invading Russia wasn’t such a great idea.”

Bishop on October 15, 2013 at 8:52 PM

How long will it take for the majority to realize that:
A) you don’t have a choice, you must purchase or pay a penalty
B) The majority will pay more for less coverage they actually need
And the really big one…
C) Your President lied right to your face. You don’t keep your coverage and you don’t save money.

Asking for a friend.

JusDreamin on October 15, 2013 at 8:53 PM

hillsoftx on October 15, 2013 at 8:49 PM

colmes just said on oreilly that 800,000 signed up..

i think of the gap between….. lies…and damn lies

going2mars on October 15, 2013 at 8:54 PM

Somebody owes me a new puke bucket. I just broke mine somehow.

What causes that?

hillbillyjim on October 15, 2013 at 8:55 PM

Bullshiite. They expected half the nation to sign up in a week.

Bishop on October 15, 2013 at 8:55 PM

The taxpayers, not Debbie Wasserman Schnitz, just spent half a billion dollars on a system that doesn’t work. Glitches would be stuff like calling everybody “Mr.” despite their gender. We’re talking about people unable to get past a few screens before the Obama 404 banner arises. That isn’t a glitch.

And that Canadian company that did this- not one dime in payment. Bill them for whatever the hell we paid them. Bankrupt them for their own incompetence in going along with this debacle.

Happy Nomad on October 15, 2013 at 8:56 PM

There should have been a better rollout and a better design.

No, you dumb-ass! There SHOULD HAVE BEEN A BETTER LAW!

GarandFan on October 15, 2013 at 8:57 PM

Howdy, Bishop. Good to see that your still here fighting the good fight. I’ve been absent too much, but I know you’ve more than taken up the slack.

Eff ‘em and feed ‘em beans.

hillbillyjim on October 15, 2013 at 8:58 PM

No, you dumb-ass! There SHOULD HAVE BEEN A BETTER LAW!

GarandFan on October 15, 2013 at 8:57 PM

Um, not to be disagreeable, but NO, DAMNIT, there should have been NO LAW which was passed WITHOUT EVEN BEING READ.

Pass it to find out what’s in it?

REALLY?

hillbillyjim on October 15, 2013 at 9:01 PM

When the best weapon in your defense arsenal is DWS, you’ve some major problems.

antipc on October 15, 2013 at 9:02 PM

Did she claim that the Obamacare rollout is a bad man involved in the War on Women? If not now, I”m soon we’ll hear that. What with Barbara Boxer yesterday suggesting Republicans were like “domestic abusers,” I’m thinking the DNC has hatched yet another spider egg using their vain effort to claim victimization.

Lourdes on October 15, 2013 at 9:03 PM

WHO WON THE CONTRACT, AND UNDER WHAT CIRCUMSTANCES?

This is a PR nightmare, corporate disaster, incredible failure with a concurrent display of incompetence.

And who gets to pay?

/Middle Class Tax Payers.

Key West Reader on October 15, 2013 at 9:03 PM

I was looking at the thread picture and for some reason I realized my dog is low on dog food.

bgibbs1000 on October 15, 2013 at 9:03 PM

WHO WON THE CONTRACT, AND UNDER WHAT CIRCUMASTANCES?

Key West Reader on October 15, 2013 at 9:04 PM

The House should pass another bill to fully repeal Obamacare.

You might just find that enough Senators who are up for relection in 2014 listen to their constituents and realize that repeal is needed and necessary.

Of course Obama would veto it, but it’s still worth fighting that fight so the 2014 electorate knows who exactly in Congress was for this monstrosity and who tried to repeal it.

ITguy on October 15, 2013 at 9:04 PM

Happy Nomad on October 15, 2013 at 8:56 PM

Yes, but the actual work was done in India. Or, perhaps, by people from India who were relocated to Canada. The “English is not our native language” aspect to the OBamacare website debacle is glaring.

Lourdes on October 15, 2013 at 9:06 PM

WHO WON THE CONTRACT, AND UNDER WHAT CIRCUMASTANCES?

Key West Reader on October 15, 2013 at 9:04 PM

First news bits I read were that the work was done in India. Now it’s being said that “the company is in Canada” (notice “work” replaced with “company”) so it’s likely that there’s a namesake in Canada and the labor is/was in India (what I think).

Lourdes on October 15, 2013 at 9:07 PM

WHO WON THE CONTRACT, AND UNDER WHAT CIRCUMSTANCES?

Key West Reader on October 15, 2013 at 9:03 PM

It was a no bid contract.

Happy Nomad on October 15, 2013 at 9:08 PM

But I’m sure the security features are working just fine.

forest on October 15, 2013 at 9:08 PM

It was a no bid contract.

Happy Nomad on October 15, 2013 at 9:08 PM

“no, no, it was a one-bid contract” – MSM

forest on October 15, 2013 at 9:09 PM

Debbie Downer: “I’m no Tech expert..”

No $)#T Debbie, the only thing you’re ‘an expert’ on is delivering boiler plate dog$hit talking points that keep you in office so that you don’t have to actually go get a job in the private sector…

Being the Hostess at a major hotel chain I’m thinking.

They do have standards but you sound like you have a knack for it….

BigWyo on October 15, 2013 at 9:09 PM

How long will it take for the majority to realize that:
A) you don’t have a choice, you must purchase or pay a penalty
B) The majority will pay more for less coverage they actually need
And the really big one…

Asking for a friend.

JusDreamin on October 15, 2013 at 8:53 PM

None of that will matter.

The D’s and their propaganda arm, the LSM, will effectively blame the failures on the evil obstructionist R’s, and make the case that they need single payer as well as total dictatorial control in order to give the masses more free stuff …

ShainS on October 15, 2013 at 9:11 PM

Alan Colmes just claimed that 800,000 people have signed up through this junk website Obama has up. Has anyone else seen any reports of a number even close to that? I haven’t, but I don’t see everything that’s out there.

predator on October 15, 2013 at 9:14 PM

Lourdes on October 15, 2013 at 9:06 PM

Come on, the mid level plan known as “Me Love You Long Time” was obviously written by a native English-speaker.

Bishop on October 15, 2013 at 9:16 PM

The good news is that, despite any minor rollout “glitches” exaggerated beyond belief by right-wingers, everybody’s private information will be perfectly secure.

I also have a bridge for sale but will post the details separately.

Drained Brain on October 15, 2013 at 9:22 PM

“no, no, it was a one-bid contract” – MSM

forest on October 15, 2013 at 9:09 PM

Well then, we should probably be looking at the subsidiaries and parent company to see who gave hundreds of thousands of dollars to OFA.

Happy Nomad on October 15, 2013 at 9:24 PM

Thanks CL. Couldn’t get your link to work, but I went to Twitchy and found the graph. That’s more in line with what I had heard the numbers were–very low.

predator on October 15, 2013 at 9:24 PM

predator on October 15, 2013 at 9:24 PM

ooops sorry. I also read an account today that the website hits fell off 88% since October 1st.

In case link doesn’t work, it was at weaselzippers

CoffeeLover on October 15, 2013 at 9:28 PM

Predator.. another good chart to look at.

Barred on October 15, 2013 at 9:37 PM

I would call her Talking Points Barbie but that would be such an insult to Barbie.

Bitter Clinger on October 15, 2013 at 9:38 PM

Says the goof making stupid excuse after stupid excuse. I wish I could make that kind of money for being stupid and looking like a used douche with a finger in the light socket.

98ZJUSMC on October 15, 2013 at 9:39 PM

Barred on October 15, 2013 at 9:37 PM

No matter how they’re illustrated they look nasty for Ocare supporters. Me? I think both graphs are bee-yoo-tee-ful! :D

predator on October 15, 2013 at 9:43 PM

Bitter Clinger on October 15, 2013 at 9:38 PM

I doubt Ken would be pleased, either.

predator on October 15, 2013 at 9:45 PM

You Debbie are just an excuse. A poor one at that.

Bmore on October 15, 2013 at 9:47 PM

think both graphs are bee-yoo-tee-ful! :D

Me too. Hope it keeps going that way.

Barred on October 15, 2013 at 9:49 PM

bgibbs1000 on October 15, 2013 at 9:03 PM

…it made me…change the kitty litter!

KOOLAID2 on October 15, 2013 at 10:13 PM

…I have the clumpy kind!

KOOLAID2 on October 15, 2013 at 10:14 PM

Die poodle Die!

neyney on October 15, 2013 at 10:27 PM

I don’t know why, but the Wizard of Oz come to mind when I see these woman.

HiJack on October 15, 2013 at 11:38 PM

DWS = Backpfeifengesicht

The Notorious G.O.P on October 15, 2013 at 11:59 PM

Could be worse.

The exchange site for Hawaii, Get Covered America, is a WORDPRESS BLOG.

The Schaef on October 16, 2013 at 9:50 AM

Rats, sinking ship, etc.

Ward Cleaver on October 16, 2013 at 10:24 AM

Where would a plastic surgeon even begin to start?

NoPain on October 17, 2013 at 8:04 AM