Good news: New season of “Walking Dead” promises many more scenes involving bad child actors

posted at 9:11 pm on October 14, 2013 by Allahpundit

To cleanse the palate. At this point they could move to an all-child cast (“Bugsy Malone” with zombies?) and the juggernaut would likely still roll on:

I feel bound by tradition to accentuate the negative in my “Walking Dead” headline but, that one painful scene where the kids debate naming the zombies aside, last night’s opener was solid. Bringing in new cast members helped. The current core is a bunch of stiffs (no pun intended) and focusing on the same five or six people week to week unnecessarily shrinks the canvas of a worldwide zompocalypse. At the very least, adding a few people to play the equivalent of the red-shirted ensigns on “Star Trek” gives the writers some opportunities to kill characters off for funsies with little consequence to the story arc. Meanwhile, any “Walking Dead” episode that’s defined by an enjoyable action set piece rather than 58 minutes of dialogue is a triumph, and last night’s “it’s raining zombies” scene in the store was enjoyable — if goofy and video-game-ish. (Was the idea of monsters falling from the sky a nod to “Sharknado”? You’ll never convince this fanboy otherwise, my friends.) Even the scenes between Rick and the disturbed Irish girl were well acted and effective, despite the fact that (a) we all knew where it was going and (b) the show had already explored the idea of a human who can’t quite let go of a zombified loved one with the Governor and his daughter. (The make-up on Irish girl, who looked half-living and half-dead, was creepy and weirdly realistic in a way that nothing else on the show quite is.) They should aim for more one-off encounters like that between the main cast and characters on the periphery. Again, it broadens the canvas and adds an element of suspense that’s wanting when Glenn or Herschel or one of the predictable familiars is placed in a situation.

But yeah, child actors. Lots of coming-of-age-in-a-zombie-cannibal-world plot lines coming our way, I fear. Why, even little Carl appears to be on the cusp of puberty now. If we end up with a “first kiss” subplot at any point this season, I think I’m pulling the plug.

Comments

If my beloved husband mentions that dumb a** show one more time…well there’s gonna be one more zombie.
*glares*
LoL

annoyinglittletwerp on October 14, 2013 at 9:14 PM

I’m sorry, was this post about Harry Reid again?

Vanceone on October 14, 2013 at 9:14 PM

And to think they hit the motherlode of I.P.A’s before the zombie shower.

rob verdi on October 14, 2013 at 9:15 PM

I’m sorry, was this post about Harry Reid again?

Vanceone on October 14, 2013 at 9:14 PM

AP mentioned something about child actors…
So it must be about Obama.

Electrongod on October 14, 2013 at 9:16 PM

Were those zombies rioting in the Big Box store or EBT-carrying Louisianans who’d just been told their spending limits had been reinstated?

ShainS on October 14, 2013 at 9:19 PM

A couple interesting things to note from the season 4 opener…

They made mention that the walkers have changed behavior. Instead of disbursing along the fence, they congregate together in clumps. Interesting to see where that leads.

Also, they’re giving a hat-tip to real-life Daryl fanboyism by giving him a quasi-mythical status within the community. That seems on the one hand like a cheap patronizing handout to TV-land, and on the other hand, I can imagine a small community in their situation craving real heroes.

Also, what killed the young boy? Is this season’s new enemy… some disease? Is the disease related to walkerism? Or something else entirely?

Also, since the meh season 2, I am usually pleasantly surprised at the writing creativity. Raining Zombies through the ceiling? Damn good imagination – totally realistic, what with the crashed helicopter on the roof.

Also, it looks like Michonne has finally learned a new expression beyond the untrusting scowl.

Overall, episode 1 season 4 sucked… me right in.

IronDioPriest on October 14, 2013 at 9:21 PM

don’t watch it . Don’t care

gerrym51 on October 14, 2013 at 9:21 PM

Durn! Missed it!

John the Libertarian on October 14, 2013 at 9:22 PM

How about a first kiss subplot involving the kid and a zombie girl, that would be cool; he manages to make her really think about her existence as a zombie and she works to make all zombies non deadly.

I’m thinking here of that Star Trek episode where Picard has the chance to destroy the Borg with an unsolvable algorithm, but then refuses and decides instead to let the rebel Borg dudes try to make them peaceful from the inside.

Good Gaia, I’m far too nerdy for my own good.

Bishop on October 14, 2013 at 9:23 PM

Now, AP, I thought you would have enjoyed the scene of the kids teasing the zombies.

Tyreese’s squeamishness at killing at the fence was odd. Enough zombies and the fence will be knocked it down. And did classical music really cause the zombies to disperse? I liked Irish girl’s dirtiness but her hair was shinny clean. Odd. I think there would be a lot more suicides in the zombie apocalypse. I wish there had been more back story as to how Eddie ended up as a head. nom nom nom…

Blake on October 14, 2013 at 9:25 PM

Unless Carl decides, after being bashful with an inamorata, to approach her from behind, gently tap her shoulder, and move in for the kiss – and she turns around, is dead, and bites his face off.

To paraphrase Madeline Kahn in Young Frankenstein, “No teeth!”

M240H on October 14, 2013 at 9:27 PM

When humans are under super stress, they tend to eff like bunnies. Carl would be banging chicks right and left. There’s not many men around and he is part of the inner circle so the ladies would find him attractive.

Blake on October 14, 2013 at 9:27 PM

Zombie skulls are notoriously soft. That’s why we so many of them being crushed. So, what holds their teeth in? They should all be falling out.

Blake on October 14, 2013 at 9:29 PM

So, is Larry Gilliard a governator mole?

Blake on October 14, 2013 at 9:30 PM

I thought the episode was one of the worst, most inconsistent, silly and badly acted of an already mediocre series.

It was like a fever dream.

From the shoddy construction of shelves, to the suddenly weak roof to the ‘Carry a gun, Rick!’ to him pulling on the obviously telegraphed nutty lady…The red shirt boyfriend stuff, the regression of Carl into a lady boy…The sick nerdy kid dying for no apparent reason…

It was a train wreck.

coondawg on October 14, 2013 at 9:36 PM

I’m suprised “conditioning to one’s surroundings” escaped AP’s analysis. Virgin-ish singing girl who’s name I can’t recall, loses boyfriend on a mission to feed her sorry butt. And she can’t even manage to squirt a few tears for his demise? And why not? Carl is fast approaching puberty, she’s got her own shopping center going on in the prison. Plus, Rick turning his back on a woman speaking to a empty chair? Like Rick hasn’t seen enough crazy to recognize it when it’s in his face?

I just wish the zombies would stop lining up to be killed, and adopt the WWZ zombie action to make the survivors work for it.

Hog Wild on October 14, 2013 at 9:37 PM

Last night’s episode blow’d. Little reference to that governor, played by Ed Morrissey.

Lanceman on October 14, 2013 at 9:40 PM

don’t watch it . Don’t care

gerrym51 on October 14, 2013 at 9:21 PM

There it is. Only took seven comments this time. It is inevitable that every thread about TV will have some moron proclaim how they don’t watch..blah blah. It is an attempt to try and make oneself look too intelligent for you mindless sheep who partake in your dumb rituals. It is basically analogous to the guy who buys the large 4×4 to overcompensate for his small manhood. Because if you really were a super intelligent intellectual who didn’t watch mindless television you would never make an attempt to make sure everyone knew it.

The Notorious G.O.P on October 14, 2013 at 9:41 PM

So AP, are you saying this show is decomposing and falling apart? Does it need some writers who have brains? Brains, brains, sweet, sweet braaaiiins!

rbj on October 14, 2013 at 9:45 PM

The Notorious G.O.P on October 14, 2013 at 9:41 PM

But he cares enough to make a post about it…

Hog Wild on October 14, 2013 at 9:47 PM

I don’t watch it and don’t care either, and my 4×4 is there in the garage because I like 4×4′s.

Bishop on October 14, 2013 at 9:48 PM

More frightening than walkers: the masochistic nit picker. Oh no, children exist in their world!

Dongemaharu on October 14, 2013 at 9:50 PM

Note how he didn’t deny he had a small “manhood.”

Blake on October 14, 2013 at 9:51 PM

One more good reason to be glad I don’t have cable or satellite. Even AMC has now officially become too stupid to bother with.

On the plus side, by mail-order, I can get The Man From Planet X, The Time Travelers, Beyond The Time Barrier, and The Angry Red Planet on DVD for $5.95.

Which is my definition of an enjoyable afternoon and evening’s worth of science fiction. A lot cheaper, too.

cheers

eon

eon on October 14, 2013 at 9:52 PM

I’d like to know how they get rid of all the zombie bodies that must keep piling up. Fuel would be too precious to spare on burning them and it might attract people and zombies.

Isn’t anyone else curious about the William Tell Overture?

Blake on October 14, 2013 at 9:53 PM

*SPOILER ALERT*

I think this season is when we find out that there are both an innoculation and a cure for the zombie plague, but you have to have successfully signed up for Obamacare to receive it.

malclave on October 14, 2013 at 9:55 PM

I’ve got some 2×4′s in my garage and watch a lot of the Speed Channel.

M240H on October 14, 2013 at 9:55 PM

I like Boardwalk Empire but that is half way finished and it still isn’t up to speed.

Blake on October 14, 2013 at 9:57 PM

Bob Costas has a role in this?

Then I ain’t watching either.

predator on October 14, 2013 at 9:59 PM

I’d almost forgotten how much I look forward to your entertaining quips about the show. I guess I enjoy the show more, but only because its longer.

clancy_wiggum on October 14, 2013 at 9:59 PM

Well I for one happened to like this episode.

From the shoddy construction of shelves, to the suddenly weak roof…
coondawg on October 14, 2013 at 9:36 PM

Roof damaged by Helo – Walkers were barely moving until the shelf, weaken by water damage, came crashing down. Triggering them to actively move across the roof. Falling through the damaged roof sections.

IronDioPriest on October 14, 2013 at 9:21 PM

Episode 2 teaser indicates someone is feeding them through the fence, causing them to gather. I imagine those sections of fence will weaken from the constant pressure. Eventually, they may be in for a big surprise during the next Fence Zombie killing party.

Zaire67 on October 14, 2013 at 10:00 PM

Yabbut Rick didn’t deal with that part of the governor up close and personal. The writers seem to enjoy writing for a “humanistic” Rick. Nice touch on taking his sammich back and leaving.

kim roy on October 14, 2013 at 10:03 PM

Zaire67 on October 14, 2013 at 10:00 PM

Yeah, at first I thought it was Larry Gilliard but now I wonder if it was one of those damn kids. I never understood how anyone could get so blaise about walkers. It seems that anyone of them could just scratch and infect them. Remember, the old guy was torn apart by that walkers boney fingers.

Blake on October 14, 2013 at 10:21 PM

Since they needed a new show runner and Breaking Bad was wrapping up AMC really should have brought on Vince Gilligan and his amazing writing team. TWD is passable Sunday evening entertainment but despite stellar ratings it’s nowhere near the masterpiece BB was.

Kataklysmic on October 14, 2013 at 10:28 PM

The Notorious G.O.P on October 14, 2013 at 9:41 PM

Contemporary TV programming is 99.9% kee-rap. Didn’t used to be.
If there’s something important happening in the news or weather, I turn the machine on. Otherwise there are so many personalized viewing options and alternatives that a person need not be stuck with the proffered spoonfed garbage.
But if “Honey Boo Boo” marathons float your boat, more power to ya. It’s no skin offa anyone’s nose.

whatcat on October 14, 2013 at 10:37 PM

Kataklysmic on October 14, 2013 at 10:28 PM

I just had a vision of Rick in his tightie-whities, a smock and a gas mask. He then looks at Carl and says “Let’s cook.”

LOL

Timothy S. Carlson on October 14, 2013 at 10:38 PM

A couple interesting things to note from the season 4 opener…

I think they are setting up for Hanta Virus or Bubonic Plague, could also be Strep. suis. The person feeding the walkers with the rats is also likely the caretaker for the pigs, remember the infected pig – that makes Hanta more likely plus the kid who died had some symptoms of Hanta.

Now they will be infected and need to go back to the CDC, which is currently closed by the Whitehouse, but open during the zombie apocalypse.

batterup on October 14, 2013 at 10:39 PM

This weekend, the Tea Party goes up against the barrycades, and the Zombies push up against the fence. Coincidence?

faraway on October 14, 2013 at 10:40 PM

Future shows should be better:
- The zombified young Woody Allen look-alike wreaks havoc inside the prison
- The walker build-up along the fence gets worse
- A new, fatal virus infects survivors–could it be caused by the dead pig (swine flu?)

This show (warts & all) provides a much-needed escape for me from the political news of the day. It’s just silly entertainment and, unlike ObamaKare, there’s no penalty for not watching.

SheVee on October 14, 2013 at 10:43 PM

I thought the creepy girl luring Rick into the deep woods was a talking zombie. She was made up like one and dropped some loaded questions on him. With that, it was a nail biter to see if he figured it out before a clan of talkers jumped him. Sill not sure she wasn’t a talker

The dunce kids at the fence arguing with Carl about zombies turned my stomach. The town people were too stupid to live last season. Look who they elected.

Please, eat the politically correct ones first, to save the prison

Zaire67 on October 14, 2013 at 10:00 PM

Joking on Lake Placid? Did the townpeople bring the pigs?

Looks like the pigs might be rooting on zombie chunks. How many townspeople ate the pork chops

entagor on October 14, 2013 at 10:45 PM

I actually thought it was pretty good. Better than I was expecting it to be. There some corny crap to be sure, but also a lot of action (which is what makes zombie sh!t good). I thought Rick going off by himself to get rabbits? and meeting the crazy chick was “that’s retarded sir” level stupid. The leader of the group that’s holding all this together and he’s collecting rabbits, zombie deer, sick pigs, and crazy Irish chicks? Alone? That part was dumb. The zombies raining in down the supermarket was pretty cool. More characters means more dead meat. Which you kinda need in a zombie situation to make it interesting (to watch).

But I don’t really watch zombie stuff and I do want a 4×4, so there is that.

Fett on October 14, 2013 at 10:54 PM

SheVee on October 14, 2013 at 10:43 PM

Couldn’t have said it better. The graphic novel/comic thing is pretty sweet. Much better storyline. Good review AP. Definately enjoy your TWD posts.

Fett on October 14, 2013 at 11:05 PM

The Notorious G.O.P on October 14, 2013 at 9:41 PM

These are also the first to jump in and proclaim they don’t do Facebook. They have to then include details about hoe Facebook works… Despite never using the service.

TWD is a great commercial for guns as an integral part of personal and community safety.

mankai on October 14, 2013 at 11:08 PM

I thought that the young dude who died at the end looked like eli manning.

JR on October 14, 2013 at 11:12 PM

I thought that the young dude who died at the end looked like eli manning.

JR on October 14, 2013 at 11:12 PM

Or Harry Potter.

I’m not sure about the rat at the fence in the preview to next week though. Is that a rat being fed to zombies to draw them in? Or is that a pet rat being fed zombie eyeballs? If it’s the latter I’m putting my money on the creepy girl who names zombies, or, better yet, a flashback to the Harry Potter kid who was doing it and got bit by said pet rat and went ill. Guess we’ll see. Looking forward to Tyreese flipping out and turning bad-ass (probably because he loses his girlfriend) as well as the introduction of Abraham Ford (promised this season by the writer after the show).

Ozprey on October 14, 2013 at 11:28 PM

Fett on October 14, 2013 at 11:05 PM

agreed!

Ozprey on October 14, 2013 at 11:30 PM

Zombie apocalypse survivors sure do have great hair.

steebo77 on October 14, 2013 at 11:44 PM

Who do I root for to die since what’s-her-face bit it (get it?) last season?

Othniel on October 14, 2013 at 11:48 PM

He’s no longer the leader. The group is now led by a council that doesn’t include him. Rick is just a retired farmer now, lol.

What was even dumber was the fact that the council had to tell Rick that he can no longer go outside the fence without a gun. Hell, even that gun grabber Diane Feinstein carries a gun, lol.

xblade on October 14, 2013 at 11:51 PM

Nice to know I’m not alone in making the Sharknado connection. Thanks, AP. Even if we’re both wrong it’s good to have company.

alchemist19 on October 14, 2013 at 11:57 PM

Yes, Allah Pundit has complained before on previous reviews that the show is too talky for him, but as I pointed out in those other reviews, you cannot have nothing but zombie slasher gore for the entire hour every episode.

And I am someone who really, really digs zombie slasher gore (zombies being decapitated, katanas going through mushy zombie skulls, etc). But even I know that would get boring if that is the only thing we see constantly on the show.

You do have to spend time watching characters talk to each other, to learn about them, so that when they get bumped off, you might care at least a little bit.

You don’t have to have that with every single character, but at least a few.

The show creators said from the start that one goal of this show, one plot they wanted to keep revisiting, is how children deal with growing up in the apocalypse.

I rather enjoyed the scene of the kids by the fence, arguing about if zombies should have names or not.

It was nice to see Michonne laughing a little bit that first episode.

I wasn’t crazy about the scene with Rick going off with the Irish(?) lady. It seems like a rehash not just of the “family who cannot let go of family member who is now zombified” but also his meet up with his old buddy Morgan, who had gone nuts from the apocalypse.

I did like that she was keeping the dead husband’s head in a bag.
That was rather creepy, but her walk and chat with Rick ate up what seemed like 20 minutes, just him and her walking through the forest. I will grant that was one time the talky part dragged on a bit.

IronDioPriest on October 14, 2013 at 9:21 PM

The pig also died earlier in the show. There may be a connection there.

Blake on October 14, 2013 at 9:27 PM

I am a lady. Please, don’t speak as to what “most ladies’ would like. Also, Carl is only like, 12 at most. It would not be appropriate for him to be sleeping with anyone at his age.

I think the opposite: who would want to have sex or date or be in a marriage or be concerned about romance during the zombie apocalypse? There are bigger better things to be concerned about, like finding food, having shelter.

And I tire of TV shows and movies pairing everyone up. Let’s see some single people represented on TV for once, no romance.

to the suddenly weak roof

coondawg on October 14, 2013 at 9:36 PM

I don’t know if you could classify it as “suddenly weak,” given the foreshadowing we saw.

They had prior shots of a huge helicopter on the roof, showed water damage (leaking down below inside the store), and when the zombies heard the noise from inside the store, they went from walking around the stronger, outer edges of the roof towards the middle, where it was weakest (where they heard the sound coming from).

That was what caused the roof to begin collapsing.

The sick nerdy kid dying for no apparent reason…

coondawg on October 14, 2013 at 9:36 PM

They already said pre season 4 that the disease was going to change, evolve, so we would start seeing a new type of zombie, or some kind of new threat.

The kid falling over and dying, with blood coming from his mouth, is a precursor for that, I would imagine. And it follows the death of the pig from the previous scenes. There is something going on with the disease that started in season 1.

The Notorious G.O.P on October 14, 2013 at 9:41 PM

I know. It’s annoying. I would add “eon on October 14, 2013 at 9:52 PM” to that list too, since he/she chimed in with a similar comment.

It’s like any threads on here about Facebook or Twitter, some old crusty people have to leave posts saying, “Bah, I never use Facebook, who needs it.”

Kataklysmic on October 14, 2013 at 10:28 PM

The actors on Breaking Bad were good, but I found the plot of a teacher who sells meth dull.

whatcat on October 14, 2013 at 10:37 PM

Are you really that obtuse? He was not defending Honey boo boo, he was talking about an idiot that would come on to a Walking Dead thread to insult Walking Dead and proclaim he never watches it.

TigerPaw on October 15, 2013 at 12:21 AM

Isn’t the kid who died in the shower at the end of the show the same one, who, at the start of the show, shook Daryl’s hand after Daryl licked the food of his fingers before shaking the kid’s hand?

Also, the kid who ended up dying on the shower floor had his spaz attack over the open barrel of water inside the prison.

I don’t know if that will come in to play, if his sweat/ puke/ spittle (whatever bodily fluid) will be passed on to other people via the water there?

TigerPaw on October 15, 2013 at 12:29 AM

Why can’t just dig a big pit on like 20 feet from the fence? Add some spikes and then add spikes to the fence so the just can’t push.

Also, everyone goes to sleep in a locked room (from the inside). You die in your sleep you are just a menace to yourself. Have moonshire fire cocktails on the ready.

Ok, I realize it’s just a TV show just, but still.

Oil Can on October 15, 2013 at 1:27 AM

TigerPaw on October 15, 2013 at 12:21 AM

Not really. Try reading what I responded to:

The Notorious G.O.P on October 14, 2013 at 9:41 PM

Not to discourage you or anyone else from being an ardent fan of “Glee”, teen vampire/zombie operas or whatever the must-see reality show du jour, but I’ll take a pass. As I said, viewing choices and options are hardly limited these days.

whatcat on October 15, 2013 at 1:28 AM

Okay… it wasn’t bad by WD standards.

I did appreciate Carol’s story time cover for training the kids in knife fighting. At least someone isn’t trying to pretend the kids are going to have anything approaching a normal childhood.

Wendya on October 15, 2013 at 3:30 AM

Good Gaia, I’m far too nerdy for my own good.

Bishop on October 14, 2013 at 9:23 PM

You’re not nerdy enough!!

What you’e suggesting is a Zombie version of Romeo and Juliet, which was done recently as WARM BODIES, see http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1588173/ I like that movie better than the IMDB rating. I’d rate that movie as a 7.2 or 7.3 out of 10.

Gladtobehere on October 15, 2013 at 5:21 AM

TigerPaw on October 15, 2013 at 12:21 AM

Lady? No, you’re a nut. And please don’t make up quotes. Carl is 14 – possibley 15 by now. Who are you to say what is appropriate or not under the circumstances?

People who find themselves living in the most dire circumstances still hook up and fall in love. Read some books on the gulags, Treblinka, or Auschwitz/Birkenau.

You may tire of it but romance is a part of most single people’s lives.

People are just commenting on the show and they don’t need some old scold running around criticizing every comment. Give it a rest.

Blake on October 15, 2013 at 7:16 AM

It leaves me scratching my head regarding anyone who will watch this post-apocalyptic garbage. What an absolute waste of time. Its almost as if they’re looking forward to this. Can’t wait for it to happen. I’d say these people have some real issues that 3 or 4 years in military service would cure.

Darvin Dowdy on October 15, 2013 at 7:21 AM

Apparantly the author must have a case of sour grapes considering the ratings of the walking dead show.

Being he totally missed the point of the season opening episode, the purpose was for the story line development. The living situation, the interpersonal relationships ect.

Now that we have an update, the mayhem of the walker in the sleeping area over night will kick off with a blood bath in episode 2.

The only part that was not believeable was the crazy lady not knowing about the prison. Like Rick has snares out there, they got convoys coming and going. (how loud is Darryls motorcycle).
Gunshots ect.

sniffles1999 on October 15, 2013 at 7:29 AM

I hope they kill off the governor soon. I think his character has run its course. Enough new twists that they no longer need his plotline.

mankai on October 15, 2013 at 8:10 AM

I disagree. The show has not even begun to explore the possibilities of zombie sex. The last episode only scratched the surface of human/zombie mixed relationships.

cozmo on October 15, 2013 at 8:20 AM

don’t watch it . Don’t care

gerrym51 on October 14, 2013 at 9:21 PM

Then GTFO

Pale Rider on October 15, 2013 at 8:37 AM

If you’re familiar with the comic then you know it tends to focus on particular characters for a long set of time and the zombies tend to become less the focus (as with many zombie fiction, those creatures tend to just be the pressure applied to bring out the best and worst of the human characters).

I don’t read the comic as regularly as I used to, it can get a little boring… but at the same time I enjoy the long continuous storyline that you don’t see too often in comic series. I feel similar with the tv show, I don’t watch it regularly but I appreciate its approach – it beats yet another family sitcom with the same tired character types.

And it certainly inspired quite a few costumes at this past NYC Comic Convention :)

Ukiah on October 15, 2013 at 8:39 AM

It was like a fever dream.

It was a train wreck.

You forgot the best part. The zombie head in the burlap bag breathing. We knew it was breathing because the bag was moving in and out. HOW DOES IT BREATHE WITHOUT LUNGS. This show consistently breaks its own rules. That’s why it’s dumb. The bad acting and writing is just icing on the cake.

matd on October 15, 2013 at 9:13 AM

For all those bitching and moaning about the series (Allah included in several past posts) . .

Here is a novel idea. Stop watching it.

iNeXuS on October 15, 2013 at 9:26 AM

Well, guys, that’s what happens when you take the guy who brought your show back from the dead (pun intended), and run him off the project.

I’m still catching up to the part of the series where Glen Mazzara was the showrunner, but if Season Four tanks, AMC has no one to blame but themselves.

The Schaef on October 15, 2013 at 9:29 AM

C’mon Allah, the “First Kiss” scene will not keep you from reviewing this show–it will simply drive you to lampoon it, as you should. LOL.

What happened to the budding Carl and Beth romance? Perhaps the writers realized it was a bit pedophilic (I agree) or that Beth does not like the new “kiddified” Carl, but rather prefers murderous dark Carl. Women, they never change–I keed, I keed!

Nathan Fillian was a great guest on “Talking Dead” where he predicts both a predicts both that the “Walker” disease has become airborn, AND (via the sneek peak of next week’s ep) that there may be a pro-Governor Mole luring the zombies to the fence with ratty tidbits.

From clues given on this season from the producers, something about the zombies will change, and it seems the ‘airborn’ prediction is spot on.

As for the person feeding the zombies rats, I also think that this sets up a fence break which will decimate the Trekkian ‘red shirts’.

As for Nathan Fillian, the guy IS Castle.

darkmetal on October 15, 2013 at 10:58 AM

The zombie disease has always been airborne. How else to explain why everyone is infected? Bites just give you a greater virus load and causes high fever and death. With all the zombie blood and guts flying around, I don’t see why more people haven’t succumbed to fever and death.

I think you are right about the rat feeding designed to make the zombies congregate in groups along the fence. I guess they are creatures of habit – feed them once and they keep coming back. You would think they had organized night watches and they would see the flashlight near the fence.

I’m still waiting for an explanation of the music used to drive away the zombies from the store. Maybe, it didn’t drive them away but attracted them to another area? Yeah, that must be it. They have good hearing for being dead and rotting. :)

Blake on October 15, 2013 at 11:13 AM

The Notorious G.O.P on October 14, 2013 at 9:41 PM

It might be nice to have an open thread for people to discuss other shows.

I’d be curious to see if any Walking Dead fans watch Lost Girl.

MichaelGabriel on October 15, 2013 at 11:33 AM

I’m sorry, was this post about Harry Reid again?

Vanceone on October 14, 2013 at 9:14 PM

How would you be able to tell the difference?

dominigan on October 15, 2013 at 12:01 PM

gave up on it last year, not sure why but it just started to bug me.
really liked the first 2 seasons though.
oh well, glad its still there for those that do like it.

dmacleo on October 15, 2013 at 1:40 PM