Open Thread: The Vets march on Washington

posted at 2:01 pm on October 13, 2013 by Jazz Shaw

If you were relying on the usual cable news channels, you probably wouldn’t even know this was happening today, but the much anticipated veterans’ march on DC has been well under way for a while now. At least the local news is covering it

Protestors of the government shutdown began at the World War II Memorial early Saturday morning and ended at the White House gates and fence Saturday afternoon.

The group was upset with the closure of memorials in Washington due to the shutdown stalemate. The original WWII protest was organized by the Million Vet March group, but took on a more political tone.

According to NBC News, the president was in the White House at the time the protesters arrived at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.

EDIT: (Jazz) The player for the local video feed isn’t currently working, so I pulled it. Looking for another.
You can view a live feed of the events here, but I don’t want to try to embed it here.

EDIT 2: (Jazz) And finally some coverage from Fox.

The rally isn’t the first group upset over the state of affairs in DC, but they’re drawing plenty of high profile attendees.

“This is the people’s memorial,” Texas Sen. Ted Cruz told a crowd of several hundred gathered near the WWII Memorial on the closed National Mall, which has become a national symbol of the shutdown and the country’s response. “Simple question: Why is the federal government spending money to keep veterans out of the memorial? Why did they spend money to keep people out of Mount Vernon, Mount Rushmore? Our veterans should be above political games.”

Veterans, including many in wheelchairs, were allowed inside the memorial at about midday as others took the protest to the edge of the White House South Lawn.

“Today somebody’s wife [or] husband is dead in Afghanistan. Is somebody going to pay her husband [or] his wife or their children?” one protester shouted at the White House, referring to the partial shutdown cutting off benefits for the survivors of military personnel.

Cruz was joined by former 2008 GOP vice presidential nominee and Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, on a gray, rainy day in the nation’s capital.

This one is for you, so take it away!

Comments

Comment pages: 1 4 5 6

*************** Truckers ***********************!

Truckers For The Constitution 2013- RISE AMERICA [#T2SDA]

GO America!
***********

Added: 6 hours ago Occurred On: Oct-13-2013
*******************************************

TWITTER:

Results for #T2SDA
******************

canopfor on October 13, 2013 at 9:27 PM

Vets marching past White House carrying baracades for obama

Added: 7 hours ago Occurred On: Oct-13-2013
*******************************************

canopfor on October 13, 2013 at 9:30 PM

canopfor on October 13, 2013 at 9:10 PM

Nice, thanks for posting that. So much to try and remember!!

bluefox on October 13, 2013 at 9:31 PM

Holy sh!t libdeaddouche! I saw a picture on Breitbart of a Black Guy carrying a Barrycade to the Spite House! What say you, Fat Face? Not only that, he looked like a real, honest to goodness, Black Guy, you know, the kind that hates White people.

teacherman on October 13, 2013 at 9:32 PM

Updated, AGAIN!

Obama’s Amerika (Photo Essay)

There are some really good ones.

Resist We Much on October 13, 2013 at 9:35 PM

See the guy in the second to the last pic, looking down at the two actors portraying Patrick Henry and George Washington? With his hand in his pocket? That’s me. Heh.
Cleombrotus on October 13, 2013 at 9:06 PM

Now I had to look again:-) I see you with the dark hat on!!

I bet you never thot you’d see yourself on HA!! So cool!

bluefox on October 13, 2013 at 9:35 PM

Watch the old vet push one of the bytches back.
Resist We Much on October 13, 2013 at 7:47 PM

Um, wow. That shit pisses me off, right there. Never thought I’d see riot police shoving batons at military veterans.

Midas on October 13, 2013 at 9:36 PM

canopfor on October 13, 2013 at 9:10 PM

Nice, thanks for posting that. So much to try and remember!!

bluefox on October 13, 2013 at 9:31 PM

bluefox:

Was out most of the day,having a early Thanks-Giving Supper,
at our sons house, and was reading,not much coverage,on the Veterans March,…..anytime Bluefox,I love to dig this news stuff up——:0

canopfor on October 13, 2013 at 9:38 PM

SOUND THE HORN:
—————-

Truckers arriving to Support Veterans

Million Veteran March gets support from Truckers.

Added: 9 hours ago Occurred On: Oct-13-2013
*******************************************

canopfor on October 13, 2013 at 9:40 PM

Updated, AGAIN!

Obama’s Amerika (Photo Essay)

There are some really good ones.

Resist We Much on October 13, 2013 at 9:35 PM

WOW!!!

katy the mean old lady on October 13, 2013 at 9:41 PM

TWO VIDEOS:
———–

Veterans Take Over WWII Memorial 10-13-13

Veterans and their supporters take over WWII Memorial

Added: 11 hours ago Occurred On: Oct-13-2013
********************************************

canopfor on October 13, 2013 at 9:43 PM

Midas on October 13, 2013 at 9:36 PM

Look at the top pic that I just put up.

Resist We Much on October 13, 2013 at 9:43 PM

You’re welcome BlueFox! I’m glad you enjoyed them and the video. :-)

A nice selection of pics. Thank you.

bluefox on October 13, 2013 at 9:23 PM

timinnc on October 13, 2013 at 9:45 PM

canopfor on October 13, 2013 at 9:27 PM

Thanks for the Trucker clip. Haven’t seen too many of those for some reason.

bluefox on October 13, 2013 at 9:45 PM

Updated, AGAIN!

Obama’s Amerika (Photo Essay)

There are some really good ones.

Resist We Much on October 13, 2013 at 9:35 PM

Resist We Much: Thank-You RWM, that is a Sh*t-Load of AwesomeNess:0

Loved these:
============

Don’t tread on me

Tear down the wall

ReCreation of: Raising the Flag on Iwo Jima

The Children having a good time

The Anti Hopey sentiment,…………..and etc.

canopfor on October 13, 2013 at 9:49 PM

Judge Jeanine to have Chris Cox on next. Take a look at a patriot.

katy the mean old lady on October 13, 2013 at 9:20 PM

I missed it, but set the DVR for the replay at midnight. Thanks!

bluefox on October 13, 2013 at 9:51 PM

canopfor on October 13, 2013 at 9:49 PM

Thx. Those top 3 have my blood boiling.

Resist We Much on October 13, 2013 at 9:53 PM

canopfor on October 13, 2013 at 9:27 PM

Thanks for the Trucker clip. Haven’t seen too many of those for some reason.

bluefox on October 13, 2013 at 9:45 PM

bluefox:I like LiveLeak,as its in order of date and time,went to the
news section for those videos!:)
========================================

canopfor on October 13, 2013 at 9:53 PM

Look at the top pic that I just put up.

Resist We Much on October 13, 2013 at 9:43 PM

*comment self-edited*

Midas on October 13, 2013 at 9:54 PM

canopfor on October 13, 2013 at 9:49 PM

Thx. Those top 3 have my blood boiling.

Resist We Much on October 13, 2013 at 9:53 PM

Reist We Much:Agreed, again, you did a bang-up job———–:)

canopfor on October 13, 2013 at 9:54 PM

HippyCrit Sumpins Alert:

Photo: New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman, former US Rep. Gabrielle Giffords, her husband Mark Kelly attend Saratoga Springs Arms Fair – @KaylaGalway

8 hours ago from twitter.com/KaylaGalway by editor
=========================================================

Saratoga Springs Arms Fair

Dates Jan 11 – Jan 12, 2014
Mar 15 – Mar 16, 2014
Directions Saratoga Springs City Center
City/State Saratoga Springs, NY
Hours

Saturday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Sunday 9:00am – 3:00pm

Members Only:
Friday 5:30pm – 8:00pm
**************************

canopfor on October 13, 2013 at 9:57 PM

There was a confederate flag there? Oh jeez. You make it too easy…..

libfreeordie on October 13, 2013 at 9:58 PM

Please retweet, currently-capable retweeting peeps who see this.

Axe on October 13, 2013 at 9:55 PM

Axe: Looks like Night-Stick Action:0

canopfor on October 13, 2013 at 9:58 PM

thx for the photo essay RWM. Is that top photo a picture of a cop swinging at a guy??

ted c on October 13, 2013 at 9:59 PM

There was a confederate flag there? Oh jeez. You make it too easy…..

libfreeordie on October 13, 2013 at 9:58 PM

libfreeordie:That the New RedSkins Sports Team Logo Flag!!

canopfor on October 13, 2013 at 10:00 PM

From Dennis Michael Lynch, documentary filmmaker:

This is the only video I can share right now. It’s towards the end of the White House events. Let me explain how this all happened…

The VET march was a huge success. Thousands of people attended. I opened the ceremony with a short speech. Then other spoke including Palin and Cruz. The vets took down the barricades and tossed them in a pile near the street. Then the truckers came in. It was simply insane it was so cool. Then the cops tried to block the truckers. That’s when things started to get loud. Every VET was cool, calm and collected despite the BS being put forward by the police. Then a taxi driver got pissed because of the traffic and got out of his car and started fighting with the VETS. I captured all of this. The VETS showed unbelievable restraint.

Then the rally ended. Everyone went over to the Vietnam Wall. But I chose to go home to catch the ladder part of my daughter’s birthday party. As I was walking to Amtrak, I saw two buses stuck at the corner led by BIKER escorts. I asked the BIKERS, “What’s wrong?” He answered, “They won’t let them out.” The bus was literally 500 feet from the Memorial and yet to cops would not let the 90 year old men out. They had to be wheeled down the block. It was pathetic and I seriously lost myself. I walked off and cried because I was so angry. God must have made me walk away, because when I went to the side to catch myself I looked up and saw something unreal.

The VETS who were at the Vietnam Wall had grabbed the barricades and started carrying them to the White House. By this time the media had left. So I am there by myself watching a thousand people march to the WH. Many of them younger men carrying barricades.

When they got to the White House they stacked the barricades. It was wild. The police came in. They demanded we move away from the fence. But nobody was doing anything wrong? It was peaceful. However they used force. I was literally right there the entire time. Not 10 feet back, not 20 feet to the side…. RIGHT IN THERE. I had words with one cop who hit me. If FOX doesn’t use the video, I will. It has profanity but I was protecting a little boy who was being trampled. LET ME SAY THIS LOUD AND CLEAR… The VETS and the protestors were not violent. They were honest, true, respectful to those around them and NEVER ONCE did anyone lift a hand. I swear on my life.

Here is the little video I capture on my cell. My camera went dead by this point. It’s nothing outrageous, but it’s enough to share and to sense what was going on. And let me say, again, I will be on Megyn Kelly tomorrow at 9pET. I hope they make this into a multi-night special because there is so much to cover.

Typos… I am on a cell phone. Please give me some slack. And also, I am in no mood for BS. If you write something asinine, you’re banned. Sorry to pull the boss routine, but if I read one more BS comment….

Resist We Much on October 13, 2013 at 10:01 PM

canopfor on October 13, 2013 at 9:27 PM

That twitter feed has a lot of info too.

What this Million Vet March and the Truckers have done has shown that a lot of people are upset over what has been going on in our Country.

And because of that number of people attending, blogging, various news articles and Facebook & Twitter I’d say the polls lately are fabricated.

bluefox on October 13, 2013 at 10:04 PM

libfreeordie:That the New RedSkins Sports Team Logo Flag!!

canopfor on October 13, 2013 at 10:00 PM

ROFL!! Good one Canopfor!!

bluefox on October 13, 2013 at 10:08 PM

ted c on October 13, 2013 at 9:59 PM

Yep.

Resist We Much on October 13, 2013 at 10:12 PM

canopfor on October 13, 2013 at 9:27 PM

That twitter feed has a lot of info too.

bluefox on October 13, 2013 at 10:04 PM

bluefox:

I’ve been hearing that as well, on various sites,also I’ll add in the 2012 Election, where in less than a few hours, every State vote
-d in Obama, unbelievable.

The Anger that is being displayed, has been pent up for over five years.

Remember,after Obama was elected 2008/2009, it seemed that every
week or so,Obama, was changing one thing to another in pissing
people off, of all walks of life!

Obama and his Proxies have succeeded in Dividing Americans!
———————————–:)

canopfor on October 13, 2013 at 10:13 PM

Eastern Shore of Maryland. There’s a world of difference once you cross the bay bridge. Trust me, Eastern Shore folk would much rather be a separate state from Annapolis.

And trust me, we have the market cornered on rednecks. I’ve lived in North Carolina, Georgia and Florida, and none of them hold a candle to the calibre redneck of the Eastern Shore.

Defenestratus on October 13, 2013 at 6:23 PM

Eastern Shore in da house.
Seriously the DE/MD/VA Eastern shore is like a smaller version of the mid west (Think central Illinois).

Fett on October 13, 2013 at 10:14 PM

There was a confederate flag there? Oh jeez. You make it too easy…..

libfreeordie on October 13, 2013 at 9:58 PM

One flag…unlike the numerous Soviet Union flags that show up at an OWS protest.

Former Soviet Citizen Confronts Socialists at OWS

Unlike the ‘Fvck the police,’ ‘Kill the Pigs,’ ‘Eat the Rich,’ and all of the anti-Semitic shit at OWS protests.

Occupy Wall Street & Anti-Semitism

Remember this lady?

Anti-Semitic Protester at Occupy Wall Street – LA

Resist We Much on October 13, 2013 at 10:17 PM

libfreeordie:That the New RedSkins Sports Team Logo Flag!!

canopfor on October 13, 2013 at 10:00 PM

ROFL!! Good one Canopfor!!

bluefox on October 13, 2013 at 10:08 PM

bluefox:Haha, love to see it photo-shopped,on a False-Flag Campaign,
to see how nuts the LEFT will go!:0

canopfor on October 13, 2013 at 10:20 PM

Thanks for the thread, Jazz.

Alana on October 13, 2013 at 10:23 PM

Crowd of veterans, supporters storm World War II Memorial in Washington
**********
A growing group pushed through barriers on the National Mall Sunday to protest the ongoing federal government shutdown. Several tea party politicians attended the protest, including Sens. Ted Cruz and Mike Lee and former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin.

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
Published: Sunday, October 13, 2013, 2:18 PM
Updated: Sunday, October 13, 2013, 5:18 PM
******************************************

A crowd converged on the World War II Memorial on the National Mall on Sunday, pushing past barriers to protest the memorial’s closing under the government shutdown.

Republican Sens. Ted Cruz of Texas and Mike Lee of Utah, along with former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, were part of the demonstrators.

Cruz and Lee are among the tea party-backed lawmakers who refused to keep the government operating unless President Barack Obama agreed to defund the nation’s health care overhaul.

“Let me ask a simple question,” Cruz told the crowd of hundreds that gathered beginning at 9 a.m. “Why is the federal government spending money to erect barricades to keep veterans out of this memorial?”

Black metal barricades have lined the front of the memorial since the government closed Oct. 1. That’s when more than 300 National Park Service workers who staff and maintain the National Mall were furloughed.

As the crowd entered the memorial plaza, they chanted “Tear down these walls” and “You work for us.” They sang “God bless America” and other songs.

“Our vets have proven that they have not been timid, so we will not be timid in calling out any who would use our military, our vets, as pawns in a political game,” Palin told the crowd.

The memorial has become a political symbol in the bitter fight between Democrats and Republicans over who is to blame for the shutdown. Earlier rallies have focused on allowing access for World War II veterans visiting from across the country.

Sunday’s rally was more political. A protest by truckers converged with a rally by a group called the Million Vet March at the memorial. Participants cut the plastic links between metal barriers at the National Park Service site and pushed them aside.

Later, some protesters carried metal barricades that look like bicycle racks from the memorial to the White House and stacked them up outside the gates, confronting police in riot gear. Some protesters carried signs reading “Impeach Obama.”

Police moved the protesters back to set up barricades between the crowd and the White House gate. Some protesters chanted “shame on you” at the officers.

An armored police vehicle also was sent to the World War II Memorial people lingered there.

District of Columbia police said the crowd was dispersing by 1 p.m., about four hours after the protests began. U.S. Park Police said there had been one arrest at the Lincoln Memorial for assault, but it was not related to the protest, said Lt. Pamela Smith.

Jim Weller of Allentown, Pa., said he came to protest “to stand up for my rights.”

“My father was a World War II veteran, shot down in the Philippines in 1945, and for them to shut down this memorial is absurd,” he said.

Cindy Good had a message for lawmakers.

“They need to listen to the American people,” she said, “and try to work together in Congress to get this whole thing worked out.”

After the protest, U.S. Park Police worked to secure the World War II Memorial again, and Smith said they were still closed because of the shutdown.

The Park Police officers, who have been guarding the memorials amid protests over their closure, are not being paid during the government shutdown.
====================

canopfor on October 13, 2013 at 10:25 PM

ted c on October 13, 2013 at 9:59 PM

Yep.

Resist We Much on October 13, 2013 at 10:12 PM

What is wrong with these people?!? The US Park Police?

The picture of a helicopter with snipers is so disturbing. Well, so many pictures are disturbing. Does the WH really need an extra barricade? Really? And the media won’t report on this event except for the Confederate flag. They’re pathetic.

Obama and the Progressives are provoking the patriots of this country. They want a conflict with us.

conservative pilgrim on October 13, 2013 at 10:26 PM

Eleven Images from Assoc.Press:

DC crowd pushes through barriers to WWII Memorial
Oct. 13, 2013 5:41 PM EDT
*************************

canopfor on October 13, 2013 at 10:32 PM

-d in Obama, unbelievable.

The Anger that is being displayed, has been pent up for over five years.

Remember,after Obama was elected 2008/2009, it seemed that every
week or so,Obama, was changing one thing to another in pissing
people off, of all walks of life!

Obama and his Proxies have succeeded in Dividing Americans!
———————————–:)

canopfor on October 13, 2013 at 10:13 PM

I don’t think 2012 Vote results were true, to say the least.

More & more people are waking up and smelling the coffee and they don’t like it!

You’re right about division in the Country, but perhaps as this weekend has shown and with others speaking out, there will be less division. It’s one thing to hear something negative from a source, but when you can see it and hear it yourself, that’s different.

bluefox on October 13, 2013 at 10:33 PM

Results for #vetmarch
*********************

canopfor on October 13, 2013 at 10:35 PM

canopfor on October 13, 2013 at 10:13 PM

I don’t think 2012 Vote results were true, to say the least.

bluefox on October 13, 2013 at 10:33 PM

bluefox:

Agreed, and more and more are seeing the Obama Administration
for what it really is.

Going to be interesting, to see what if anything is covered news wise, on Monday!:)

canopfor on October 13, 2013 at 10:38 PM

bluefox:Haha, love to see it photo-shopped,on a False-Flag Campaign,
to see how nuts the LEFT will go!:0

canopfor on October 13, 2013 at 10:20 PM

I think if that happened, the South would rise again!! Decisions, decisions…Who to offend, the Natives or the South? LOL

I’m sure QOTD is up, so may check it out.

Thanks for the info & chat & have a good night canopfor!!

bluefox on October 13, 2013 at 10:41 PM

LOL,……Confederate Flag, and the usual, right on cue,

TEA PARTY SHOUTED RACIST SUMPINS,…………………….
===========================================================

@Salon : Protestors wave a Confederate flag in front of the White House http://t.co/XKMur2Ybos

@americablog : Tea Partyers shout racist slurs at White House cops: “Looks like something out of Kenya” http://t.co/aJBY39MUJk 5 minutes ago
============

Inagist:

canopfor on October 13, 2013 at 10:42 PM

canopfor on October 13, 2013 at 10:20 PM

I’m sure QOTD is up, so may check it out.

Thanks for the info & chat & have a good night canopfor!!

bluefox on October 13, 2013 at 10:41 PM

Bluefox:

Its part of the South’s Heritage/History, and don’t see
what the problem is,yup,night BF:)

canopfor on October 13, 2013 at 10:44 PM

There was a confederate flag there? Oh jeez. You make it too easy…..

libfreeordie on October 13, 2013 at 9:58 PM

You’re not going to pull that double-standard sh*t on us, as*hole. I’m a former Leftist. I was weaned on rallies, all of them shot through with more anti-Semitic garbage and Communist crap and flags and paraphernalia and vile, vulgar signs and literature than can be recounted here. Vicious and coarse anti-American and anti-Semitic agitprop is the order of the day for the Left. I saw this and worse more recently during anti-war rallies outside my home in Hollywood. Posters so disgusting and crude it’s hard to fathom. I’ve also been to two dozen Tea Party rallies and have never met a racist or profane or even uncivil Tea Partier or vet at any of these rallies. That one vet had one confederate flag means nothing more than one vet had one confederate flag which could signify nothing more than he’s from the South and wants to express secessional pride. Has anyone reported one untoward or vulgar or racist sign at any of these rallies remotely comparable to the vulgarity and violent hatred on Leftist signage and in Leftist messaging at rallies? Of course not — they never can.

rrpjr on October 13, 2013 at 10:46 PM

There was a confederate flag there? Oh jeez. You make it too easy…..

libfreeordie on October 13, 2013 at 9:58 PM

Well, hike up your skirts and dance around, Nancy.

Obvious plant and you’re foolish enough to bite.

Would your honest-and-for-true liberals do such a thing?

itsspideyman on October 13, 2013 at 10:48 PM

Leaving so soon cano?

Yep, plant the Confederate flag then leave. Why aren’t the main news organizations showing it when they’d love to?

Because they at least are smart enough to know a plant?

itsspideyman on October 13, 2013 at 10:51 PM

Resist We Much on October 13, 2013 at 10:01 PM

Thanks for that.

rrpjr on October 13, 2013 at 10:52 PM

Obama and the Progressives are provoking the patriots of this country. They want a conflict with us.

conservative pilgrim on October 13, 2013 at 10:26 PM

Perhaps we should give it to them.

tommytom02 on October 13, 2013 at 10:53 PM

Leaving so soon cano?

Because they at least are smart enough to know a plant?

itsspideyman on October 13, 2013 at 10:51 PM

itsspideyman:Present,…was perusing QOTD:)

canopfor on October 13, 2013 at 11:07 PM

Resist We Much on October 13, 2013 at 10:17 PM

Soviet flag in front of the White House on CNN after Obama beat McCain in 2008.

tetriskid on October 13, 2013 at 11:28 PM

1 more poignant clip of truckers chowing down after their marathon ride on food provided for them by volunteers.

wyntre9 on October 13, 2013 at 11:51 PM

Midas on October 13, 2013 at 9:36 PM

Seriously?

They did it back in the ’60s when Veterans were protesting Vietnam, and back in 1932 against the Bonus Marchers.

Dr. ZhivBlago on October 14, 2013 at 12:18 AM

timinnc on October 13, 2013 at 9:00 PM

Those two guys were pretty impressive. As was Patrick Henry’s speech. Why don’t we have statesmen like that any longer?

Cleombrotus on October 13, 2013 at 9:06 PM

Great pictures —
(Hey, Cleombrotus, can we get your autograph??!)

They weren’t statesmen at the time, they were dissident terrorist rebels, engaged in armed insurrection.

Thank God.

AesopFan on October 14, 2013 at 12:28 AM

Updated, AGAIN!

Obama’s Amerika (Photo Essay)

There are some really good ones.

Resist We Much on October 13, 2013 at 9:35 PM

Great collection, thanks!
There were many excellent photos (the sort of thing we used to see in Life magazine).
The most poignant, to me, was the frail elderly couple crossing the lot, watched by a policeman hiding a batch of cuff-ties behind his back.
So sad.

AesopFan on October 14, 2013 at 12:36 AM

Updated, AGAIN!

Obama’s Amerika (Photo Essay)

There are some really good ones.

Resist We Much on October 13, 2013 at 9:35 PM

re-link for new folks

Thanks for this RWM!

oryguncon on October 14, 2013 at 1:13 AM

oryguncon on October 14, 2013 at 1:13 AM

TY! Your link doesn’t work, so here it is again for newbies to the thread (and I’ve updated it again!):

Resist We Much on October 14, 2013 at 1:16 AM

There was a confederate flag there? Oh jeez. You make it too easy…..

libfreeordie on October 13, 2013 at 9:58 PM

As a perfesser, I’m sure you know the flag you’re referring to never historically represented the C.S.A. as a nation nor was it officially recognized as one of the national flags. It was the battle flag of the Army of Tennessee, so maybe the guy in the pic is a friend of Lamar Alexander?

Nutstuyu on October 14, 2013 at 1:25 AM

Results for 1MVetMarch
**********************

canopfor on October 14, 2013 at 5:53 AM

Updated, AGAIN!

Obama’s Amerika (Photo Essay)

There are some really good ones.

Resist We Much on October 13, 2013 at 9:35 PM

We need international coverage on this story to expose Obama to the world.

Also, love the Mt. As*more shirt.

talkingpoints on October 14, 2013 at 7:15 AM

Thank you for the photoblog, sharing on facebook when I get home. Need to get as many people aware and out as possible.

The_Livewire on October 14, 2013 at 7:31 AM

Ashley Killough wrote a sttory on CNN about the march that is so incredibly dishonest I wonder there site doesn’t implode. I have to go to work, but anyone who has time might want to check it out and delivr appropriate feedback. I will address it later.

talkingpoints on October 14, 2013 at 7:47 AM

Just a “touch” of what Americans are capable of doing when we are abused and forced into a corner. Stop messing with us.

Amazingoly on October 14, 2013 at 8:08 AM

please stop calling these MILLION _______ marches.

When .005% of that number show up….

PappyD61 on October 14, 2013 at 8:16 AM

Obama is in the process of learning what “Don’t Tread On Me” is all about.

justltl on October 14, 2013 at 8:29 AM

canopfor on October 13, 2013 at 9:30 PM

They should’ve delivered some of those to the media too!

JellyToast on October 14, 2013 at 8:59 AM

Can they maybe give more notice next time, 3 days to arrange being out of town, airfare and lodging isn’t enough for people who don’t live in that immediate area.

Bishop on October 14, 2013 at 9:09 AM

Midas on October 13, 2013 at 9:36 PM

Seriously?

Dr. ZhivBlago on October 14, 2013 at 12:18 AM

I should’ve been more clear. I suspect at least the Vietnam vets who you reference weren’t OLD and really not able to protect themselves or endure much abuse from a baton-wielding policeman.

If a 30-40 year old vet gets into it, well – that’s different than shoving around a 60/70/80 old vet, isn’t it?

Midas on October 14, 2013 at 9:52 AM

I’ve always been proud of our vets but on that march they showed us what it takes to be an American. Wish I could have been there to represent my father who served in WW2. I’m sure McLame, Rangel and Kerry(who served in VietNam) were all there to march with the vets. Right? No? They showed up for illegals who never did anything for this country but only take from we the people, why not our vets. Those police should be ashamed of themselves.

Kissmygrits on October 14, 2013 at 10:10 AM

itsspideyman on October 13, 2013 at 10:51 PM

itsspideyman:Present,…was perusing QOTD:)

canopfor on October 13, 2013 at 11:07 PM

My bad canopfor!

Lash me 50 times with a wet noodle! :)

itsspideyman on October 14, 2013 at 10:18 AM

please stop calling these MILLION _______ marches.

When .005% of that number show up….

PappyD61 on October 14, 2013 at 8:16 AM

How ’bout the Million Fingers & Toes March ? (I couldn’t resist)

listens2glenn on October 14, 2013 at 11:58 AM

Anyone notice that Drudge has dropped every story link to the Vet March on the main page? Every single one. Like it never happened.

dddave on October 14, 2013 at 12:08 PM

dddave on October 14, 2013 at 12:08 PM

Why do you think?

rrpjr on October 14, 2013 at 12:53 PM

PappyD61 on October 14, 2013 at 8:16 AM

How do you know how many showed up, it was suppose to be nation wide with activities happening at state and local memorials?

Cindy Munford on October 14, 2013 at 1:05 PM

The barrycades are back and reinforced. The story is gone from the news. It never happened. The Empire won.

Maybe now we understand what actual victory in this fight will really entail. Getting all excited about tearing down some barriers and moving them to the White House is nice but totally meaningless in the war against the Leftist State.

We go after the media or we get nowhere and win nothing.

rrpjr on October 14, 2013 at 2:06 PM

Here is how the St. Louis CBS local, KMOV news 4 reported it.

“protesting veterans stacked barricades against a fence on PENNSYLVANIA AVE.”

Pole-Cat on October 14, 2013 at 5:38 PM