McCain: The people behind the “defund ObamaCare” strategy must be held “accountable”

posted at 3:21 pm on October 11, 2013 by Allahpundit

The key bit comes at the very end, in response to a question about who’s responsible for the temporary suspension of death benefits to families of fallen troops. McCain’s answer: Everyone in Congress — but, implicitly, especially the “defund” caucus. You can tell how eager Maverick was to make that point by how quickly he turns a segment about the administration giving short shrift to the military — normally an easy lay-up for a Republican against a Democratic president — into a lament about Cruz et al. I’m not sure a guy who’s positioned himself as the lead Republican opponent of the “wacko birds” should be ruminating on holding people accountable, but if he’s leaning towards not running again in 2016, he’s got nothing to lose. No doubt he’s enjoying sticking it to tea partiers immensely.

If nothing else, this clip illustrates the slightly (but only slightly) exaggerated truth that “there are now two Republican parties.” Case in point:

Tea Party Republicans approve of the job congressional Republicans are doing by a 72%-25% margin. However, a plurality of NON-Tea Party Republicans disapprove by a 49%-42% In addition, 69% of Tea Party Republicans believe the GOP is demonstrating strong leadership and standing up for what they believe in, versus 29% of them who say they’re putting their political agenda ahead of what’s good for the country. But those numbers are reversed among NON-Tea Party Republicans — 53% say they’re putting politics first, while 41% think Republicans are standing up for what they believe in. And then there’s this: Among Tea Party Republicans, Ted Cruz has a 52%-4% fav/unfav rating. But among non-Tea Party it’s 13%-23%.

Either that rift is healed in the next two years or the primary campaign in 2015 is going to be … really something. One question for the “defund” supporters, though: If this really was about trying to build consensus in Congress to stop O-Care, why is Mark Begich claiming that none of the defunders ever met with him to pitch him on joining them in voting no? He’s a red-state Democrat who’s up for reelection next year; it’s unlikely that he’d break ranks with his caucus, but if any Dem is going to, it’s one who’s in Begich’s position. Instead, he claims, “The only time Ted Cruz said something to me was when I was literally coming to the floor, you know the two tables down by the desk there where you cast your vote. He said, ‘You should vote for this.’ That was it.” Could be that Begich is lying, of course, but if he’s going to lie, there are more self-serving lies he could tell than that one. E.g., “I have grave concerns about ObamaCare, and Senators Cruz and Lee begged to meet with me about them. But once they threatened to shut down the government, I told them ‘Hell, no!’” A lie along those lines would please Alaska GOPers by signaling his alleged “concerns” about O-Care and Alaska Democrats by punching Cruz and Lee. And showing that he was opposed to the shutdown would please both. Instead, he’s making the lesser claim that no one on the defund side ever tried to meet with him. That makes me think it’s true, and if it’s true, why is it true? What did defunders have to lose by feeling him out to see what he’d need to conceivably vote with Republicans against Reid’s amendment stripping the “defund” provisions out of the House bill? Remember, Reid could have lost as many as three Democrats on that and still passed it by simple majority, so he might have let Begich cross the aisle in order to protect himself with reddish Alaska voters. Why not try?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5

I wonder what Michael Medved will say about this. I remember his unbridled love and support of McLame when he limped for President, and I brim with rage whenever I hear his RINO/Libtard rants in his AM talk radio spots.

NOMOBO on October 11, 2013 at 3:53 PM

I now officially despise this ass.

Saltysam on October 11, 2013 at 3:54 PM

There is a reason John McCain isn’t President: John McCain.

IndieDogg on October 11, 2013 at 3:54 PM

McCain never really has been a reliable conservative anyway. He’s been against this since the beginning and, the longer it takes Obama to get his website straightened out, the better the GOP strategy is going to look.

It’s people like McCain who have allowed the Senate to not pass a budget so they have to push the House into signing CR’s. He’s done the country no favors, in that regard. As much as most people respect him for his military service and prisoner of war status, his Senatorial career has been a mishmash.

bflat879 on October 11, 2013 at 3:55 PM

As we get to know what is in the “affordable care act” we like it less and less. Now, thanks to the media trying to browbeat the GOP into caving with an all out media blitz, even the lowest, low information voter knows the GOP has shutdown the government to stop Obamacare. I think it was a genius idea to get a hostile media to carry your message. The seed has been planted and now we’ll see what comes of it.

DFCtomm on October 11, 2013 at 3:55 PM

Cruz stopped his war in Syria.

the_nile on October 11, 2013 at 3:37 PM

He had a major hand in stopping tilting the balance to al Qaeda types there and that is probably the number one reason McCain hates him.

VorDaj on October 11, 2013 at 3:55 PM

Because this is not about winning. It is about fund raising, and self-aggrandizement.

Mr. Arkadin on October 11, 2013 at 3:34 PM

I always love when this tired old trope is trotted out. “Every single conservative politician is just a fake out to steal your money. You should start supporting humble, modest, hardworking, poor Servants of the People like John McCain!”

Doomberg on October 11, 2013 at 3:47 PM

Self-aggrandizement politician ? That’s like all of them.

And what about those selling the us army as mercenaries for their arab sugerdaddys to fight wars in ME?

the_nile on October 11, 2013 at 3:56 PM

Retire already.

John the Libertarian on October 11, 2013 at 3:56 PM

That’s right, your crusty perfidious f*ck — in today’s political culture the people who “need to be held accountable” are those who want to defund the most personally invasive, medically destructive and economically ruinous law in the history of America.

This man’s miserable idiocy is bottomless.

rrpjr on October 11, 2013 at 3:58 PM

I wish John McCain would just go ahead and switch parties.

SAMinVA on October 11, 2013 at 3:58 PM

I voted for this jerk. What a downer.

GaltBlvnAtty on October 11, 2013 at 3:26 PM

I did my best to point out the foible inherent in McCain as nominee. But was maligned all over for it.

I tried to tell people the error of McCain as nominee, I knew he’d lose and I think his entire point WAS to lose for the GOP.

Lourdes on October 11, 2013 at 3:59 PM

He’s what you call a rino with the scours. The smell is bad enough but he makes a mess everywhere he stands too long.

onomo on October 11, 2013 at 3:59 PM

You are crazy.

GardenGnome on October 11, 2013 at 3:32 PM

Thank you. YOU are common. Calling me “crazy” is always a joy :) When you find that I’m wrong, come back at me.

See the link I added later, which I’d forgotten in that first comment.

Schadenfreude on October 11, 2013 at 4:00 PM

Now that I think of it, McCain has done something I had thought impossible. He’s generated in me a modicum of respect for Arlan Specter. At least Specter, who had begun his long political career as a Democrat but switched parties and became a ‘liberal Republican’, had the courage and conviction to declare himself, at last, to be a Democrat again before he died.

thatsafactjack on October 11, 2013 at 4:00 PM

Oh go F0ck yourself McCain.

You’re the very reason why its come to this.

Defenestratus on October 11, 2013 at 4:01 PM

The TV graphic is wrong. Should be:
McCain (D-Az)

kirkill on October 11, 2013 at 4:02 PM

I don’t understand why people are saying that the government was shutdown because of the desire to unfund Obamacare. That bill didn’t pass so the Republicans said let’s compromise, a one year waiver on the personal mandate and no tax on medical devises. That didn’t pass so they tried one or two other things. But Obamacare funding was not an issue after the first try. Or did I miss something?

Rose on October 11, 2013 at 4:02 PM

Lourdes on October 11, 2013 at 3:59 PM

Likewise. I was convinced he wanted to lose. Some kind of sick sado-masochism with this guy.

rrpjr on October 11, 2013 at 4:02 PM

Lourdes on October 11, 2013 at 3:59 PM

Nah, he would have worked overtime to beat Hillary. But when it was his idol, Obama! then he had to throw the race.
Still trying to figure out Romney’s reason for wanting to throw the General election. Either bad feelings about 2008 or a stalking horse for Obama?

astonerii on October 11, 2013 at 4:03 PM

bflat879 on October 11, 2013 at 3:55 PM

No, he maxed out his military/POW card years ago. He’s done so much damage since being in the Senate that I, for one, can no longer acknowledge or thank him for his military service. He’s nothing but an apologist and tool for the Dems and the media (oh, I repeat myself).

TXUS on October 11, 2013 at 4:03 PM

It is incredible how out of touch this a-hole is!!! If AZ had any balls they would recall the ancient, useless, senile, sob.

ultracon on October 11, 2013 at 4:05 PM

Every time he speaks, it reinforces my commitment to send money to individual candidates only. The RNC gets nothing. N.O.T.H.I.N.G.

Saltysam on October 11, 2013 at 4:05 PM

McCain has officially lost his mind.

Like unfortunate NFL players who succumb to concussions – McCain has succumb to the Hanoi Hilton.

That’s only polite way I can say “he is freaking nuts”

jake-the-goose on October 11, 2013 at 4:05 PM

If he refuses to retire, the least he could do is switch parties and openly declare that he’s a Democrat.

thatsafactjack on October 11, 2013 at 3:52 PM

Then he’d be anonymous and ignored, like most of them are.

I find it hilarious that the TEA (taxed enough already) party has annoyed the left and the right. Imagine, 40, at most, congress-critters, Lee and Cruz, and they all went nuts.

I look forward to 2014. It was just a warm up in 2010 and they have no clue what really mad is.

Schadenfreude on October 11, 2013 at 4:06 PM

I rarely see Democrats turn on one another. But Here is the old guard idiot McCain with his mindset on the other fraction onf the Republican Party. How abut this McCain- OBAMACARE will kill the middle class and I rather have Cruz and Lee, and Rand fighting tooth and nail to shut this horrible Law down. If it’s so good why aren’t you signed up instead of exempting yourself!! Stupid Retire.

karlinsync on October 11, 2013 at 4:07 PM

I’m writing in Cruz/Lee in ’16, although I expect they’ll be on my ballot so I won’t have to. Hopefully we can primary a lot of the crony Republicans so that we’ll have a Congress that is willing to work with President Cruz.

FloatingRock on October 11, 2013 at 4:07 PM

Lourdes on October 11, 2013 at 3:59 PM

rrpjr on October 11, 2013 at 4:02 PM

It’s difficult to spell this out but what I believe is and was at work there with McCain is psychological espionage. The word, “espionage,” is a severe one, I realize, but there’s little else to describe what ails McCain based upon a litany of his behaviors over the years. If the man wasn’t unrealiable politically, he’d have long ago declared his loyalties loudly and clearly to be with the Left but he’s gone along all this time claiming to be on the Right while not, really, being there. Political espionage in his run for the WH seems appropriate and continues to be so as to his ongoing activities before and after.

Lourdes on October 11, 2013 at 3:59 PM

astonerii on October 11, 2013 at 4:03 PM

I think you mean “McCain’s reason for wanting to throw the General election…a stalking horse for Obama?”

Lourdes on October 11, 2013 at 4:07 PM

yoohoo!!! hey Arizona, gramps is out again

DanMan on October 11, 2013 at 4:07 PM

Billionaires of AZ kept him in place. I know this first hand. He is owned.

Schadenfreude on October 11, 2013 at 4:08 PM

The Dems are gonna control the House, Senate, and White House. The Republicans have no guts. They had a perfect chance to propose cuts to medicare, SS, and military spending to get the budget under control. Instead of doing this and explain to the American people why it needed to happen they acted just like libs and agreed to more and more debt for out of control spending. But the rich got their tax cuts. Woo hoooooo.

davemason2k on October 11, 2013 at 4:08 PM

Because… if anyone knows ‘a fool’s errand’ when he sees one… it’s John McCain…and there’s never been ‘a fool’s errand’ that John McCain turned down.

thatsafactjack on October 11, 2013 at 4:09 PM

I think we should hold members of Congress accountable who’ve been giving “and and comfort” to Al Qaeda.

FloatingRock on October 11, 2013 at 4:09 PM

Look at the next first family

Schadenfreude on October 11, 2013 at 4:09 PM

Senator McCain,

With all due respect, please yield the remainder of your time and stop talking… it is making you look bad.

While I thank you for proving that continuously criticizing your allies while arguing your opponents position is not a winning strategy, I ask that you STOP proving your point.

Thank you for your service, a conservative

Unquiet on October 11, 2013 at 4:10 PM

…(McCain) would have worked overtime to beat Hillary. But when it was his idol, Obama! then he had to throw the race…Either bad feelings about 2008 or a stalking horse for Obama?

astonerii on October 11, 2013 at 4:03 PM

Years ago — politically — McCain made a very public admission, if not a boast, that “there’s little difference between (him) and Hillary (Clinton) on the issues”…he boasted about how compatible they two were on “issues” and were “very good friends.”

Sometime prior to Obama’s first Pres. campaign when Hillary was being suggested instead of Obama as nominee.

Lourdes on October 11, 2013 at 4:10 PM

As soon as they started trying to make the debt ceiling about spending rather than Obamacare, they started sacrificing their position, and now it sounds like they’ve completely given their leverage away.

Stoic Patriot on October 11, 2013 at 3:37 PM

Did they get off message, or has the media wised up and realized that saying the GOP was waging all out war to stop Obamacare was actually carrying Cruz’s water?

DFCtomm on October 11, 2013 at 4:10 PM

I think we should hold members of Congress accountable who’ve been giving “and aid and comfort” to Al Qaeda.

FIFM

FloatingRock on October 11, 2013 at 4:12 PM

Lourdes on October 11, 2013 at 4:10 PM

Another admission made known publicly about McCain a while ago but since rather coverted is that he boasted about how he and his ‘family’ were “good friends with Ted Kennedy and his family” and TOOK ANNUAL VACATIONS TOGETHER.

Lourdes on October 11, 2013 at 4:12 PM

What a doofus. here without even focus grouping or massaging on an iphone no less:

“I directly and implicitly blame this on President Obama, being the Commander in Chief and “CEO” of the Federal Government. A real leader would have had the foresight to, sensing a looming government shutdown, assembled his cabinet and reviewed any issues that may arise from the shutdown, and resolved the issues to mitigate these tragic occurrences. Sadly that is not what he did, rather he instructed his underlings to make this as painful as possible. Mission accomplished yah jerk.”

Spit and throw down microphone and walk off in disgust.

can_con on October 11, 2013 at 4:12 PM

Without the slowdown you’d have never known the azzholes in the D/R parties.

WWII fiasco
Families of the deceased fiasco
Memorials
Parks
Other thuggery
McCain
RINO-rats

It’s a cool time to be around.

Thank you Sens Lee and Cruz!!!

Schadenfreude on October 11, 2013 at 4:12 PM

Could be that Begich is lying…..

I’m sorry, Mr. AP, this is just a given when it comes to any democrat. They lie easier than telling the truth, even when the truth would help them.

tru2tx on October 11, 2013 at 4:13 PM

Meanwhile his state’s citizens are suffering, swine!

Schadenfreude on October 11, 2013 at 4:14 PM

Stoic Patriot on October 11, 2013 at 3:37 PM

Don’t be so easily misled. THAT WAS OBAMA’S goal all along.

That was the idea all along, a plan to ruin confidence in the Republicans in Congress to thwart any possible election wins in the upcoming.

Obama’s working these national survival issues for his political ideological ends, not for the country’s well being.

Lourdes on October 11, 2013 at 4:14 PM

If Begich wants to stop Obamacare he won’t vote with his caucus, now, will he?

The problem with ‘reaching across the aisle’ to ‘build a consensus’ is that it usually ends up knifing people who support you in the back. If someone has to be wined and dined to get them to vote your way, what sort of support is that? Buying a vote? That is no assurance of a person’s position on other matters, but telling you they can be bought for a price.

This isn’t about Obamacare at this point, but the size, scope and power of the US federal government. What we have had on display since the stoppage is that problem brought to the forefront: offensive government, hostile government, punitive government. Obamacare is just one of the worst examples of that sort of government and a good place to start saying: this is a horror show and this latest horror is the worst of the lot.

So if Begich is *just* against Obamacare does that mean he has an ideology against large and oppressive, punitive government? If so then why isn’t he helping? Is he so clueless as to miss what the opportunity is? Does he need an RSVP? Or is he only against one part of a monster but loves the rest of it and will then turn viciously on those who he ‘helped’ to be ‘good’ with his caucus?

When we see what has gone on with DoJ, State, IRS, and even the lowly Park Service, then the stoppage is not *just* about Obamacare but the horror show for which it is the star attraction falling on its face under the lights of the Big Top. Sen. Begich is getting a front row seat to that horror show that his ‘caucus’ wants and is enabling. By siding with them he chooses sides in the problem and it is in the CAUSING side of Big Government over-reach. If he wants to go to the other side that means acknowlding the problem, the cause and that Obamacare isn’t the end fight but the first in a long, long series of fights. If he can’t see that until his nose is rubbed in it and asked ‘is this what you really want and support?’ then so be it, he does that by staying just where he is and doing nothing, saying nothing and acting like a poor mindless creature without the sense God gave to a slug.

ajacksonian on October 11, 2013 at 4:15 PM

There wouldn’t have been a “defund Obamacare” strategy if there wasn’t Obamacare.

And there wouldn’t have been Obamacare if Obama hadn’t been elected president.

And Obama might not have been elected president if McCain had run a competent campaign in 2008 — or skipped running altogether to allow some other willing Republican to do so.

J.S.K. on October 11, 2013 at 4:17 PM

Old Wacko Bird…

d1carter on October 11, 2013 at 4:18 PM

Before being a POW, many reports have McCain destroying 5 airplanes and almost totaling a Navy Carrier….

Was he a ‘hero’ for doing these deeds?…uhhh…well, no

(But his daddy was a bigshot Admiral at the time—and grandpap was a bigshot Admiral too) hmmmmmm???….

Since being a POW…Seems like McCain has spent most of his spare time screwing up America

But the dimwits of Arizona are convinced by the propaganda that McCain was some sort of hero POW?? And keep electing this guy??

Seems like the only place McCain hasn’t caused the US any damage was during his status as a POW… go figure

BigSven on October 11, 2013 at 4:18 PM

So, you’re working on the Park Ranger resume, John?

Saltysam on October 11, 2013 at 4:18 PM

ajacksonian on October 11, 2013 at 4:15 PM

Well said.

Lourdes on October 11, 2013 at 4:18 PM

My friend Karl.

davidk on October 11, 2013 at 4:19 PM

Someday this piece of work is going to have a memorial built in tribute to him.

I’m going to poop on it.

M240H on October 11, 2013 at 4:20 PM

What are you, dating Jane Fonda now, traitor? My, how times have changed.

SailorMark on October 11, 2013 at 4:20 PM

Gee, Wonder why he did’nt win the presidency?

faol on October 11, 2013 at 4:21 PM

Somebody queue up Monty Python.

Brave RINOs ran away
Bravely, ran away…away…
When danger reared its ugly head
They bravely turned their tails and fled
Yes, brave RINOs turned about
And gallantly they chickened out
Bravely talking to their feet
They beat a very brave retreat
Bravest of the brave, RINOs

VorDaj on October 11, 2013 at 4:22 PM

Yeah but he’s a war hero and all…

Akzed on October 11, 2013 at 4:23 PM

Well this is encouraging, maybe I’ll rejoin the GOP just so I can quit again.

Bishop on October 11, 2013 at 4:23 PM

Never get behind a rino. They’re retromingent.

Akzed on October 11, 2013 at 4:23 PM

I’m John McCain and I’m officially past it…

dpduq on October 11, 2013 at 4:24 PM

FU John…

PatriotRider on October 11, 2013 at 4:24 PM

Lourdes on October 11, 2013 at 4:07 PM

Nope, Romney. Fought tooth and nail to defeat anyone conservative to get the nomination and then threw the general election. Why? Only thing I can think of is that he hates the GOP enough or was somehow forced to help Obama, through NSA information or something.

astonerii on October 11, 2013 at 4:24 PM

“You have nothing to fear in an Obama Presidency,” said McCain while supposedly campaigning for the Presidency himself.

That was McCain’s crowning declaration of failure, all the rest from him in that alleged race was icing on Obama’s cake.

Lourdes on October 11, 2013 at 4:25 PM

How does he keep getting out of Harry Reid’s pocket, anyway?

“Is that McCain in your pocket, or are you happy to see me?”
“It’s McCain.”

Axe on October 11, 2013 at 4:25 PM

If you want to know who is responsble for death benefits not being paid ask your friend Chuckie! There is only one reason that Hagel would not have been screaming that these benefits were not going to be paid. He was told not to.

Sven on October 11, 2013 at 4:25 PM

Weird.

A guy who has never been held accountable in his life, saying that the few sane people left in the world, should be held accountable.

Thank you Arizona, for inflicting this idiot on us once again.

LegendHasIt on October 11, 2013 at 4:26 PM

Lourdes on October 11, 2013 at 4:07 PM

astonerii on October 11, 2013 at 4:24 PM

I disagree with you.

The animosity about Romney is misplaced on Romney.

From a skill-set alone, the country would have been in far better shape today had Romney won the Presidency.

Lourdes on October 11, 2013 at 4:26 PM

Shouldn’t that be the people behind defunding Obamacare should be credited with what has happened?

Without the defunders you would not have the spectacle and horror we see on display.

Poor Sen. McCain, seeing all that he has assiduously supported turn into a Cthuloid entity before his very eyes and trying to blame others for its causation.

Say, how is that dang fence building going, anyways? Did you properly fund THAT Sen. McCain?

ajacksonian on October 11, 2013 at 4:28 PM

Lourdes on October 11, 2013 at 4:26 PM

Today maybe so, but he would have made George Bush look like Reagan with respect to how like the GOP was at the end of his period in office.
Of course, we never had any opportunity to know, because he never wanted the presidency anyways!

astonerii on October 11, 2013 at 4:30 PM

Active duty military have been told not to wear their uniform to any community event such as, Veterans Day events, reading books to children at schools, or helping thousands of charitable affairs like they have for many many years. I guess they don’t want our military being seen in uniform downtown, it might reflect badly on us? This is one of the stupidess things I have ever heard.

Sven on October 11, 2013 at 4:30 PM

McCain should really think about retirement.

KMC1 on October 11, 2013 at 4:31 PM

How much better would the country be if McCain had simply ‘gone away’ after his involvement with Keating?

Freddy on October 11, 2013 at 4:31 PM

Sven on October 11, 2013 at 4:25 PM

I AGREE. Did you watch/listen to the DoD Comptroller’s weak statement about this action being taken (by him to deny benefit payments to troops’ survivors)? He said it was because he “was advised” to do it “by attorneys”…

Notice no “attorney” is being identified but obviously, whoever they are, they’re a part of the Obama mess.

It reveals the depravity of ethics involved in this Admin. No one with a shread of decency, attorney or not, would have offered this “advice” or condoned this action (deny the benefit) UNLESS IT WAS POLITICALLY MOTIVATED.

The right thing to do, the ethical thing to have done, would be to make the possible legal liability known but to not enforce against it, even for any attorney in this particular case, and especially as to any alleged leader in DoD. The DoD should have asserted the benefit as an ethical, “right,” thing to do and done it and left the possible liability up to Obama to argue about (which they likely did and which Obama is likely responsible for enforcing instead, I estimate it’s Obama who made the call for “the attorney’s” “advising” DoD to take this action with the hapless Comptroller).

Lourdes on October 11, 2013 at 4:32 PM

Because he’s a tool, just like all the rest. NFW any of them would actually vote to defund O-care. But it’s safe and easy for him to throw this little monkey-wrench into the mix from the sidelines.

bofh on October 11, 2013 at 4:33 PM

Lourdes on October 11, 2013 at 4:26 PM

I’ll put it a different way…
If Romney truly had the skill set you say he has, he would be president today.
So, either Romney does not have that skill set and Obama does, or he never wanted to be president and threw the election. One or the other. Take your pick.

astonerii on October 11, 2013 at 4:33 PM

ajacksonian on October 11, 2013 at 4:28 PM

GANG OF EIGHT, GANG OF EIGHT…

McCain’s a loser.

Lourdes on October 11, 2013 at 4:34 PM

astonerii on October 11, 2013 at 4:33 PM

That really emphasizes what you’re about, right there.

Enjoy what’s left of Obama’s Fiasco on America.

Lourdes on October 11, 2013 at 4:36 PM

Oh, this is hilarious!

John McVain, who lost a freaking presidential election to a crazed maniac, wants Ted Cruz held accountable for the failures of the Republican Party.

I’m in awe. What a douchebag.

MTF on October 11, 2013 at 4:37 PM

One or the other. Take your pick.

astonerii on October 11, 2013 at 4:33 PM

So you totally discount stuffing of ballot boxes in federal elections?

BobMbx on October 11, 2013 at 4:37 PM

And what is McCain offering the country other than vile criticism of everything and everybody conservative. At least Cruz and others are doing something other than bitching.

rplat on October 11, 2013 at 4:38 PM

Wonderful strategy, McBrain, attack 72% of Tea Party Republicans and 42% of Non-Tea Party Republicans. What a wonderful way to unite Republicans, just smash and burn stuff. It’s easy to see why you were such a brilliant choice for a Presidential candidate.

These morons never figure out that emoting may feel good, but is best left to late night fests with very close friends.

obladioblada on October 11, 2013 at 4:39 PM

There goes them Republicans, making death-certain I never for the party again. Congrats, and best of luck getting re-elected.

Saltyron on October 11, 2013 at 4:41 PM

What a repulsive old windbag. As a retired military officer let me say that John McCain’s Viet Nam coupons have been used up…long ago. He would be ashamed of himself if he had the capacity to feel shame.

rjh on October 11, 2013 at 4:42 PM

Speaking of losers, Cornyn’s already running “I’m really conservative, seriously y’all” ads, one ran today in Houston on the Limbaugh show. He’s probably run ads in the past, but I don’t remember any and I certainly don’t remember any “I’m really conservative” ads.

obladioblada on October 11, 2013 at 4:42 PM

Let me see… vote for McCain or lick cat vomit off a newsroom floor?

JellyToast on October 11, 2013 at 4:42 PM

With Obamacare, will there be mandatory mental health tests? I’m thinking quite a few Senators and Reps would flunk, lol. Who am I kidding. They’ll cheat.

Fallon on October 11, 2013 at 4:42 PM

GANG OF EIGHT, GANG OF EIGHT…

McCain’s a loser.

Lourdes on October 11, 2013 at 4:34 PM

Thanks from above… and loser doesn’t even begin to scratch the surface of it as McCain was there for the previous amnesty and the promise that Congress would fix the problem. He is a treacherous scoundrel.

ajacksonian on October 11, 2013 at 4:43 PM

With Obamacare, will there be mandatory mental health tests? I’m thinking quite a few Senators and Reps would flunk it, lol. Who am I kidding. They’ll cheat.

Fallon on October 11, 2013 at 4:43 PM

Awesome, I am time travelling again…

Fallon on October 11, 2013 at 4:44 PM

That really emphasizes what you’re about, right there.

Enjoy what’s left of Obama’s Fiasco on America.

Lourdes on October 11, 2013 at 4:36 PM

I will do fine. I am a person who is able to accomplish what needs to be done for my family with my own resources. So, I am not scared.

As for your remark about what I am about. I do not understand it at all with respect to the referenced material.

You argue that Romney has a great skill set that would put America in a better position than Obama. But those skills are pointless if you cannot LEAD. Leadership is what is required to do what you say. Leaders get those they want to lead to want to follow them and do for them. In this respect it would be getting people to the polls to vote for you. Romney failed miserably, even with Obama hemorrhaging voters to many millions Romney failed to pull any of those voters in. Some skill set there! But lets look at his other skill sets. Picking a team to run his campaign. Cronies and out and out traitors. The ORCA fiasco. How about spending money wisely? Nope, paid 4 to 8 times the going rate for TV spots. Quality assurance? Did you watch his TV ads, they were made to not stir any emotions, except maybe disgust from his supporters. Personal qualities? The first debate he did great, funny that it went all down hill from there, isn’t it? Too bad I do not have one of my performance reviews to look at, it would have the list of leadership qualities and I could pretty much figure Romney might qualify well on some small part of them. But the ones that matter in the election, he fell flat on his face all around.

astonerii on October 11, 2013 at 4:47 PM

Maybe with a little luck the melanoma will come back and eat what’s left of the peanut that inhabits his skull

rik on October 11, 2013 at 4:47 PM

Go to hell, McCain. You’re a useless idiot, and you long ago exhausted an honor you ever gained by your military service.

Go straight to f*cking hell, you bastard.

Midas on October 11, 2013 at 4:47 PM

barry and john agree…the fever needs to be broken…the blister popped.

let’s get to it boyz…the Bigs are waiting

r keller on October 11, 2013 at 4:47 PM

obladioblada on October 11, 2013 at 4:42 PM

Yeah, I heard one in Dallas yesterday.

Midas on October 11, 2013 at 4:48 PM

McCain: My friends, elections have consequences. Except the 2008 election when America said I was an uncharismatic senile loser whose answer to the recession was Joe the Plumber.

OliverB on October 11, 2013 at 4:49 PM

Oh, please, enough of this loser-talking:

Jedediah Bila, “Republican strategist” (and Leftwing ‘immigration attorney,’ by the way, who supports amnesty for illegals) was just on Fox saying, “the reason the GOP is being blamed for this failure is because they confused the messaging…” blahblahblah…

In all due respect, enough of this sort of “strategy” from alleged Republican ‘advisers’. They always show up to ridicule the GOP for anything that eases the Left around the bend.

Lourdes on October 11, 2013 at 4:49 PM

So you totally discount stuffing of ballot boxes in federal elections?

BobMbx on October 11, 2013 at 4:37 PM

It should have been an election so far outside the margin of cheating it should not matter. Then again, it is up to the Republican party and the leader of the party (ROMNEY the nominee) to ferret out the cheating and have those votes wiped. We had everything going for us except one thing. What one thing was that?

astonerii on October 11, 2013 at 4:50 PM

Mission accomplished yah jerk.

can_con on October 11, 2013 at 4:50 PM