Report: Gunshots outside Capitol? Update: All from police? Update: Video added

posted at 2:28 pm on October 3, 2013 by Allahpundit

No idea what’s happened, but the Capitol is being locked down. Per NRO’s Robert Costa, members of Congress were outside at the time but no word yet on whether anyone’s hurt. Stand by for updates.

Update: They may already have the shooter:

No word on injuries yet, if any. For what it’s worth, GOP Rep. Sean Duffy had a weird altercation outside the Capitol last night with a strange man, who screamed at him and grabbed his arm. I’m mentioning that not because there’s any evidence linking that with the shooting, but because it’s an odd coincidence that there’d be violence of any sort outside the Capitol twice in a span of 12 hours.

Update: MSNBC says a U.S. Capitol police officer has been shot. I’m seeing rumors on Twitter that it’s related to a car chase but no confirmation.

Update: More on the car chase:

Update: “Capitol police tell National Journal that there are injured USCP officers, but the numbers are unconfirmed.”

Update: Hmmmmm.

Update: Reports now of one dead — the person behind the wheel of the car:

Update: At just before 3 p.m. ET, the lockdown in the Capitol has been lifted.

Update: The driver had a baby in the car with her. The baby’s reportedly unharmed.

Update: Surprise — early reports may have been wrong.

Update: Some good news: The Capitol police officer who was injured wasn’t shot.

Update: Jake Tapper’s show is reporting that all of the shots came from police.

Update: Madness via Ace.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 5 6 7

My wacky theory: Baby is Obama’s, mother trying to force him to acknowledge and take responsibility.
Mark1971 on October 3, 2013 at 5:12 PM

That IS Wacky. 0bama doesn’t like girls.
The only way for your theory to happen, is if Moochhell to have loaned her a turkey baster.

LegendHasIt on October 3, 2013 at 5:26 PM

Nice car from CT… $$$… hmmm…

mjbrooks3 on October 3, 2013 at 5:26 PM

WTOP reported Infinity, and no one speaking up yet….
Unfortunate for all, but we can count on one thing.

They NEVER let a crisis go to waste.
Even a “man-made” one.

seesalrun2 on October 3, 2013 at 5:26 PM

So, they shot her to end the car chase? Is that how those work now?

changer1701 on October 3, 2013 at 5:06 PM

That wasn’t exactly a normal car chase. I’m waiting for the details to question Capitol Hill police’s actions and I think they tend to be gun happy since they mostly deal with herding smelly tourists.

Happy Nomad on October 3, 2013 at 5:28 PM

Patrick Kennedy drove in a similar fashion in DC while on “sleeping medication”.

He was not executed in front of a child though.

mjbrooks3 on October 3, 2013 at 5:29 PM

Take that my friends in Nevada, and for you hot airians.
I don’t know what happened here today, but pardon the pun, smells like overkill. I feel badly for the baby.

seesalrun2 on October 3, 2013 at 5:32 PM

Obama sent more security to defend his barrycades from a black soccer mom, than he sent to Benghazi.

faraway on October 3, 2013 at 5:32 PM

So, they shot her to end the car chase? Is that how those work now?

changer1701 on October 3, 2013 at 5:06 PM

Just about. Washington has mutated into a combination of Versailles and East Berlin.

rrpjr on October 3, 2013 at 5:34 PM

i think the car is a infinity g35
starte at 32.5k…ish

going2mars on October 3, 2013 at 5:13 PM

What difference, at this point, does it make?

Any of it. Make of car. License plate. Whatever.

What we really should be wanting to know now is motive. Was the woman a loon or was there some other reason why she decided to do what she did? It was stupid to think she’d be able to ram her way through those barricades. Patrick Kennedy tried when he was hyped up on drugs and booze and he couldn’t do it. What chance did this woman have?

Happy Nomad on October 3, 2013 at 5:34 PM

The people that know me would tell you that I am the former and am anything but the latter…not even a fake one.

Resist We Much on October 3, 2013 at 4:38 PM

Definitely the former. I am the latter. Giddy up. (First time poster. Long time listener).

Cowgirl on October 3, 2013 at 5:36 PM

Piers Morgan: “Why do cops have guns?”

faraway on October 3, 2013 at 5:36 PM

Harry Reid: “The kid had cancer”

faraway on October 3, 2013 at 5:37 PM

He was not executed in front of a child though.

mjbrooks3 on October 3, 2013 at 5:29 PM

Big difference. Patrick Kennedy was not only part of the political class but also from royal political lines. Kennedy men do not kill or rape women and they do not show up at the Capitol in the middle of the night to cast a vote because they are drunk and high on drugs. Instead they have adverse reactions to “sleeping medication” and suffer from exhaustion.

You can only imagine the fallout if the Capitol Police were to shoot not only a sitting Congressman but also a Kennedy when Uncle Teddy was still toes down.

Happy Nomad on October 3, 2013 at 5:40 PM

Happy Nomad on October 3, 2013 at 5:34 PM

I am getting a sick sense that she panicked, after making a simple driving error.

Ever see those COP shows where people run because their license was suspended?

I can’t make sense of this, not with a child in the car. This seems logical to me.

Oh and my link above is Harry’s infamous tourist quote.

seesalrun2 on October 3, 2013 at 5:44 PM

What I want to know.. why were they getting the pictures from AlHurra Television?

Barred on October 3, 2013 at 5:49 PM

Gee. Who would have ever thought that the United States Capitol would begin to resemble the streets of Chicago? A woman in a luxury vehicle with a baby is shot down, for hitting a barry-cade?

Wowz.

Key West Reader on October 3, 2013 at 5:51 PM

faraway on October 3, 2013 at 5:32 PM

Read my mind. Especially about the black soccer mom, only it was about getting furloughed from her job at ACORN.

Damn Tea Party!

patman77 on October 3, 2013 at 5:52 PM

Update: MSNBC says a U.S. Capitol police officer has been shot.

Once again the media f#cks up big time.

bw222 on October 3, 2013 at 5:53 PM

Perhaps she was a diabetic… this is quite common.

Key West Reader on October 3, 2013 at 5:55 PM

Ever see those COP shows where people run because their license was suspended?

seesalrun2 on October 3, 2013 at 5:44 PM

Agreed. How many of us have come close to losing it when we’re driving with bawling kids in the car. I keep thinking about Thelma and Louise putting the pedal to metal and soaring into the Grand Canyon.

TeleL on October 3, 2013 at 5:58 PM

Breaking News: Furloughed worker executed due to TEA Party shutdown

mjbrooks3 on October 3, 2013 at 5:58 PM

Typical:

The New York Times ✔ @nytimes

Fiscal Crisis: Reports of Shooter Outside Capitol http://nyti.ms/173yku3

davidk on October 3, 2013 at 6:00 PM

Poor woman, another victim of the Republicans’ war on women: (

RoyalFlush on October 3, 2013 at 6:02 PM

Happy Nomad on October 3, 2013 at 5:34 PM

answer….because i was asked…

so i answered….correctly i might add…

going2mars on October 3, 2013 at 6:06 PM

welcome to the USA of liberalism !

First the navy yard shooter, then the bike gang beats up the scared family and now some woman loses it at the capitol.

With the bible off limits most everywhere and nuclear family throughly destroyed, i’m expecting these things will be normal now.

cougar on October 3, 2013 at 6:07 PM

It’s a weird coincidence that Alhurra got the only video.

evilcon555 on October 3, 2013 at 6:08 PM

Suspect of Somali descent???

al-Shabaab???

Resist We Much on October 3, 2013 at 6:08 PM

Ever see those COP shows where people run because their license was suspended?

Oh and my link above is Harry’s infamous tourist quote.

seesalrun2 on October 3, 2013 at 5:44 PM

I’m not buying the tourist who made a wrong turn thing. If you’ve driven around DC, you probably know that you don’t try ramming the Treasury Dept. entrance to the White House Compound and then do the same thing repeatedly at the Capitol “by mistake.”

I’m watching the police briefing right now. They are going out of their way to not say anything about the “suspect.” Which means that this was probably an angry black woman as has been reported.

Happy Nomad on October 3, 2013 at 6:10 PM

So, now, from what I understand, a black woman with a baby in the back seat, hit a baricade near the capital..got confused and started to leave when confronted by uniforms and guns, got more confused and scared and tried to go home. She sped away and was finally pinned in by the cops and shot and killed. How will they spin this tragedy???

PaCadle on October 3, 2013 at 6:10 PM

Good pictures and the video at the link:

JannyMae on October 3, 2013 at 6:11 PM

A woman was executed in front of her 3 year old child for dis-OBEYing Capitol Police.

mjbrooks3 on October 3, 2013 at 5:20 PM

And here I thought it would be one of our leftist trolls going out on a limb like this. Smh.

JannyMae on October 3, 2013 at 6:13 PM

Piers Morgan: “Why do cops have guns?”

faraway on October 3, 2013 at 5:36 PM

Because there are bad people out there.

phatfawzi on October 3, 2013 at 6:16 PM

A follow-up: I just saw the House get up and cheer the death of this confused, distressed woman. I was a cop for 40 years and would not cheer and congratulate these actions.

PaCadle on October 3, 2013 at 6:18 PM

I know I’m repeating what others are saying but why is the footage from a foreign news source? Sure is strange to go to Twitchy and watch the car chase on video with Arabic (or similar) in the margins.

ORconservative on October 3, 2013 at 6:22 PM

Just reading drudge and a few more sites and I think we’re missing the big picture.

What kind of story will they have to make up for over blowing this situation at the loss of what looks to be an unarmed woman.

What cowards we have among us. We may never know what really happened, but I agree

PaCadle on October 3, 2013 at 6:10 PM

I’ll repeat – ever watch COPS and their high speed chases? And why are perpetrators running? 9 times out of 10 it’s sheer stupidity over something equally stupid.

seesalrun2 on October 3, 2013 at 6:23 PM

My favorite clip is of the DC Cops chasing the car twice around the same traffice circle.

mjbrooks3 on October 3, 2013 at 6:28 PM

mjbrooks3 on October 3, 2013 at 5:20 PM

That’s it.

Rational Thought on October 3, 2013 at 6:33 PM

The ‘Great Divider’ just be pleased!

He has called the GOP ‘terrorists’, ‘arsonists’, ‘blackmailers’, ‘criminals’, ‘murderers’, and more as the dark side of his Community Organizing & his Saul Alinsky ‘Rules for Radicals’ studying is being fully utilized, splitting the nation violently along volitile rabid partisan lines to the point where Americans lash out.

The House passed a bill hat funds every bit ofgovernment and ALL of Obamacare, except for the more than 2,000 Un-Constitutional Waivers Obama has doled out. These waivers were the deal-breaker as Reid and Obama chose to keep the gift shut down until he gets everything he wants, to include his Un-Constitutional waivers!

easyt65 on October 3, 2013 at 6:38 PM

Congress applauding this woman’s execution was sickening. Just sickening. Like a bunch of filthy Roman emperors cheering at the Colosseum.

Rational Thought on October 3, 2013 at 6:38 PM

I’m sure Jesse and Al are organizing the protests now. lol.

bw222 on October 3, 2013 at 6:40 PM

Didn’t see that…if true then despicable. These millionaire’s cheering for the death of Americans they no longer have a connection to, Americans they see as pawns, political tools.

The fact that these millionaire b@St@Res are keeping the govt shut down, in part, to force US to pay for THEIR health care premiums pi$$es me off. I almost see why someone would try what she did…and I see more coming based on the lies, villainization, dictatorial behavior, continued Liberal hostage-taking of Americans so Obama/Reid can get everything they want.

easyt65 on October 3, 2013 at 6:47 PM

Why the cop hating?
These guys put themselves right in front of the danger.

verbaluce on October 3, 2013 at 3:57 PM

I asked a what if. Why all the shoot em up killer cop cheering?

Sounds like the lady did not have a gun. How do things add up now?

Death penalty for speeding and crashing! Why? Because it was in a privileged part of town where special people happen to reside and live?

astonerii on October 3, 2013 at 6:48 PM

Woman was a pretty 34 yo black woman from Connecticut, a dental hygienist, obviously suffering mental problems, now permanently cured.

Viator on October 3, 2013 at 6:54 PM

Rational Thought on October 3, 2013 at 6:38 PM

Where do you get “execution” from?
Or is it just baseless speculation mixed with a hatred of police?

Count to 10 on October 3, 2013 at 6:58 PM

PaCadle on October 3, 2013 at 6:18 PM

Disgusting. America is rancid.

rrpjr on October 3, 2013 at 6:58 PM

Congress gave this a standing ovation…

OBEY

mjbrooks3 on October 3, 2013 at 6:59 PM

Count to 10 on October 3, 2013 at 6:58 PM

Put a gun in her hand and it is not an execution. Otherwise, it was.

astonerii on October 3, 2013 at 7:00 PM

PaCadle on October 3, 2013 at 6:18 PM

Is there a video so I can see if my representative was honorable?

astonerii on October 3, 2013 at 7:01 PM

If this hppened in [name a city other than DC] there would be a riot…

mjbrooks3 on October 3, 2013 at 7:03 PM

Why the cop hating?
These guys put themselves right in front of the danger.

verbaluce on October 3, 2013 at 3:57 PM

I asked a what if. Why all the shoot em up killer cop cheering?

Sounds like the lady did not have a gun. How do things add up now?

astonerii on October 3, 2013 at 6:48 PM

Car is considered a deadly weapon.
Just ask the cop who was injured and airlifted.
You might consider before blaming all LEO. One might save your life one day.

RovesChins on October 3, 2013 at 7:05 PM

RovesChins on October 3, 2013 at 7:05 PM

So, where did they shoot her? In the driver’s seat?

astonerii on October 3, 2013 at 7:09 PM

One might save your life one day.

RovesChins on October 3, 2013 at 7:05 PM

I do not see that ever happening. I got my defenses the only thing they could ever do is get in the way.

astonerii on October 3, 2013 at 7:10 PM

Happy Nomad on October 3, 2013 at 6:10 PM

Yep, how inconvenient for the liberals.

slickwillie2001 on October 3, 2013 at 7:11 PM

Sounds like the lady did not have a gun. How do things add up now?

astonerii on October 3, 2013 at 6:48 PM

The woman ran into a Secret Service officer and was reportedly speeding through the streets at 80 MPH. I don’t know whether they were justified in shooting her, because I wasn’t there. Were you there?

JannyMae on October 3, 2013 at 7:12 PM

Although it’s still far from clear what caused today’s fatal incident on Capitol Hill–where gunshots and an exchange reportedly left one woman dead–federal lawmakers were placed in sudden lockdown and scrambling for answers.

Congressman Charlie Rangel said his first thought was that it related to the partial government shutdown currently gripping Washington.

davidk on October 3, 2013 at 7:14 PM

RovesChins on October 3, 2013 at 7:05 PM

So, where did they shoot her? In the driver’s seat?

astonerii on October 3, 2013 at 7:09 PM

One might save your life one day.

RovesChins on October 3, 2013 at 7:05 PM

astonerii on October 3, 2013 at 7:10 PM

You don’t know either. It’s call an investigation.
Burning car. Broken wrists.
Rinse repeat.

RovesChins on October 3, 2013 at 7:17 PM

JannyMae on October 3, 2013 at 7:12 PM

Get back to me when this happens in, say, I dunno Florida.

astonerii on October 3, 2013 at 7:17 PM

RovesChins on October 3, 2013 at 7:17 PM

Could care less. Compared to cheering the cops, I would much rather make the GOVERNMENT prove their case.

astonerii on October 3, 2013 at 7:19 PM

RovesChins on October 3, 2013 at 7:17 PM

astonerii on October 3, 2013 at 7:19 PM

Translation: have nothing.
Okay.

RovesChins on October 3, 2013 at 7:22 PM

Translation: have nothing.
Okay.

RovesChins on October 3, 2013 at 7:22 PM

I have a general distrust of a government that steals and enslaves the future generations of this nation. One that thinks they are superior to the common man and thus believes that their lives are FAR MORE VALUABLE than everyone else’.
What do you got? A hard on for power and powerful people?

astonerii on October 3, 2013 at 7:25 PM

I give cops zero benefit of doubt these days. Zero.

rrpjr on October 3, 2013 at 7:28 PM

Translation: have nothing.
Okay.

RovesChins on October 3, 2013 at 7:22 PM

What do you got? A hard on for power and powerful people?

astonerii on October 3, 2013 at 7:25 PM

Goody for you. Do you think you are unique? Here? Really?

You sound like a tool. But, you could care less.

RovesChins on October 3, 2013 at 7:29 PM

First off, I just watched the video so…

Question #1 I’m assuming this is a SECOND attempt to go through the barricades (a second site) because WHY are there THAT many police standing there waiting for her if it’s the first? (To now, I’ve heard there were TWO crime scenes.)

Question #2 I’ve heard the diabetic thing, but frankly, the driving around (and around) the circle thing makes me seriously question that. Diabetic episodes typically wouldn’t render you able to drive that perfectly around and around and then to speed off.

Question #3 Only one woman on the lawn there even reacts. Everyone else just stays on their picnic blankets. What’s up with that? Is this stuff so common there that no one even pays attention?

Question #4 How is this the White House? I’ve never been to DC and don’t know the layout, but I thought all access to the WH was off-limits to normal Americans and yet there are people picnicking on the lawn? What am I missing?

UnderstandingisPower on October 3, 2013 at 7:29 PM

I give cops zero benefit of doubt these days. Zero.

rrpjr on October 3, 2013 at 7:28 PM

That is where I am at.
As a kid, the town cop, who my aunts and uncles ridiculed and beat up in school paid an MHI regular to threaten me in order to get me to admit to a crime the MHI guy committed. The guy pulled a shot gun on me in front of the eagle scouts. I stood my honorable ground and the scout master made him stand down. Later that night while I watched TV the guy blew out our backroom window. He was at the local store bragging that Monte paid him a hundred bucks.

Got rear ended by an illegal alien driving a stolen vehicle, cops blamed me for slowing down too far ahead of a yellow light!

Got creamed turning left at a left turn signal by a teenager running from the cops that I had no opportunity to see as she came down around a curve at 80+ mph and totaled my car. My fault for failure to yield the right of way!

When that same town cop ticketed me for failure to stop, after I had spent enough time at the stop sign to pull and read a map before proceeding and I fought the ticket, I got many citations of moving violations in the next 6 months, until I just simply moved.

When I got rear ended again, the guy ran and when I chased him down and called the cops, when they arrived they threatened me with stalking and reckless driving or something along those lines if I did not drop the charges against their friend. Outside of my mobile bill, the cops erased all evidence that I had ever contacted them and withheld it from my lawyer.

I have lived in 9 different states, there is no place in this nation where there are HONORABLE police officers. I remember my college roommate was going to be a police officer. He was one sick dude. He likely got through with flying colors.

astonerii on October 3, 2013 at 7:38 PM

You sound like a tool.
RovesChins on October 3, 2013 at 7:29 PM

Says someone with the name Rove’s Chins… LOL
PROJECTION! you should get some help with your mental deficiencies.

astonerii on October 3, 2013 at 7:40 PM

MSNBC, is there anything we should know regarding Miriam Carey and police brutality?

mjbrooks3 on October 3, 2013 at 7:41 PM

Well I don’t know about anyone else, but I am NOT sleeping more soundly at night with these idiots running around and I don’t mean the mother who they ran down and shot dead.

VorDaj on October 3, 2013 at 7:45 PM

You sound like a tool.
RovesChins on October 3, 2013 at 7:29 PM

Says someone with the name Rove’s Chins… LOL
PROJECTION! you should get some help with your mental deficiencies.

astonerii on October 3, 2013 at 7:40 PM

Says the ONLY person here at HA with a jaundice eye on the government. He’s unique, folks. Look at him! Right here!
Make sure to keep a bottle of BBQ sauce in your glove compartment, riblet.

RovesChins on October 3, 2013 at 7:46 PM

Why the cop hating?
These guys put themselves right in front of the danger.

verbaluce on October 3, 2013 at 3:57 PM

No, let’s (try to) follow yours.
You feel Captol Police etc. here were wrong to assume a threat?
You compare their actions and decisions to those of Bull Connor?

verbaluce on October 3, 2013 at 4:23 PM

Follow… Your immediate reaction to the police killing an unarmed woman as her toddler watched is that they must have felt in “danger”. I noted that Bull Connor (D) used the same excuse when his officers were using hoses… Come to think of it, at least they didn’t use a hail of bullets.

mankai on October 3, 2013 at 7:48 PM

VorDaj on October 3, 2013 at 7:45 PM

This

ORconservative on October 3, 2013 at 7:56 PM

astonerii on October 3, 2013 at 7:38 PM

mankai on October 3, 2013 at 8:00 PM

Put a gun in her hand and it is not an execution. Otherwise, it was.

astonerii on October 3, 2013 at 7:00 PM

There are lots of ways that shooting someone who doesn’t have a gun is not an execution.
Trayvon Martin, for instance.
Do we know if she was driving the car when she was shot?

Count to 10 on October 3, 2013 at 8:04 PM

RovesChins on October 3, 2013 at 7:46 PM

You obviously do not have a jaundiced eye on the government as the POLICE are the enforcers of that government. You trust them wholeheartedly it seems to me. Give them the benefit of the doubt. We should really change how trials are run. Instead of trial by a jury of your peers forcing the government to prove their case, it should be a jury of the cops peers and force the person to prove innocence.

astonerii on October 3, 2013 at 8:06 PM

astonerii on October 3, 2013 at 7:38 PM

Most I’ve met are sub-literate, civically ignorant brutes and as*holes.

A Sheriff’s deputy in Los Angeles threatened to shoot my dog a while back. The dog barked once at him as he approached me, then sat still after my command. I’m a dog trainer and this dog was a protection trained GSD. The ja*koff and his partner claimed I fit the description of somebody who’d just robbed a shop on the boulevard — but he refused to tell me any of this as I patiently waited. I’ve kicked myself for not taking his name and badge and filing a complaint.

As Lt. Col. Pete Martini pointed out at the Concord, NH town meeting a month or so ago, we’re facing the very alarming reality of an increasingly standarized and militarized police force in America, with more equipment than they’re trained or psychologically equipped to handle.

I say we go to more volunteer police forces.

rrpjr on October 3, 2013 at 8:12 PM

I say we go to more volunteer police forces.

rrpjr on October 3, 2013 at 8:12 PM

I would be happy if they were simply required to follow the same standards and laws we are forced to live by. Then they would self correct.

astonerii on October 3, 2013 at 8:18 PM

Why the cop hating?
These guys put themselves right in front of the danger.

verbaluce on October 3, 2013 at 3:57 PM

Excuse me, and what danger would that be exactly? A woman with a child in the back of her car, puh-lease. She could have been under some medication, a side effect of something she has taken maybe, yes she drove a bit erratically but that’s not reason to kill her. The Capitol police overreacted and acted insanely, bunch of a-holes and imbeciles, but then what’s new.

jimver on October 3, 2013 at 8:50 PM

So basically a woman got confused while driving and hit these barricades. The cops come out with guns pointing at her and her child. She naturally tries to escape them. They kill her.

She was probably unarmed. Welcome to the new America and btw, I’m sure a lot of people think she “deserved it”. Pathetic.

fatlibertarianinokc on October 3, 2013 at 8:53 PM

Was she fat?
There is nothing more dangerous than a fat chick driving home after work.
I’ve been nearly run down in the parking garage a couple times by fat chicks rushing from work to haz cheezburger, I’m sure.

justltl on October 3, 2013 at 8:54 PM

RovesChins on October 3, 2013 at 7:46 PM

astonerii on October 3, 2013 at 8:06 PM

Okay, OKAY!!!!! All cops are bad to the eleventy!!!!!!!!!
Will that make you stop peeing your pants?
Stupid tool.

RovesChins on October 3, 2013 at 8:55 PM

Hardly justification for shooting her. I suppose.

justltl on October 3, 2013 at 8:56 PM

Oh yeah, I forgot above in the list of retarded and downright corrupt police actions. In that period of 6 months, for speeding and having the nerve to do so while changing from interstate to highway when they pulled me over they had me face down in the dirt with guns drawn until there were 6 cop cars and 11 officers pointing their guns at me in order to take me in, FOR SPEEDING.

Charged me with 2 counts of excessive use of blinkers, for using my blinker for each and every single lane change I made. 2 speeding tickets, because, well, it was two roads. And several other false charges including attempting to elude because I did not pull over until it was SAFE FOR THE COPS to approach me off the main road, by then I had already slowed down.

Padding the charges to force me into court to force me to spend my money on attorney fees. When I hired a lawyer they waited til 1 minute before trial to drop everything except what I told them point blank I was guilty of. Speeding. Plain and simple.

The cops deserve the respect they give to other people.

astonerii on October 3, 2013 at 9:01 PM

RovesChins on October 3, 2013 at 8:55 PM

Oh LOOK GUYS. Rove’s Chins said I was peeing my pants.
I do not want you all to think I am peeing my pants, so I will surrender to him!
I was totally wrong, because he is totally awesomely cool for a preteen and I cannot withstand the attack of being called a pee pee pants!
Please everyone, do not believe Rove’s Chins that I am a pee pee pants. My life is ruined because of his ridicule attack on me. OH NO. I am melting, melting, melting…

astonerii on October 3, 2013 at 9:04 PM

So is Miriam Carey Mariah Carey’s sister?

Galtian on October 3, 2013 at 9:28 PM

fatlibertarianinokc on October 3, 2013 at 8:53 PM

It is pathetic — in so many ways.

rrpjr on October 3, 2013 at 9:28 PM

And who is the baby’s daddy? So many questions…so few “journalists.”

Galtian on October 3, 2013 at 9:36 PM

Count to 10 on October 3, 2013 at 6:58 PM

Put a gun in her hand and it is not an execution. Otherwise, it was.

astonerii on October 3, 2013 at 7:00 PM

People forget sometimes how truly dangerous cars can be. You get someone with a complaint behind the wheel of a car, they could easily maim or kill dozens of people.

If I car were to accelerate into a group of people (bus stop, line up, crowd, etc), it could be as deadly as a gun.

I’m not condoning anything, but just pointing out the above.

kim roy on October 3, 2013 at 9:37 PM

I say we go to more volunteer police forces.

rrpjr on October 3, 2013 at 8:12 PM

You are right, but you’ll have to fight like HELL against Police Unions, and Progressive politicians (not to mention Progressive citizens).

We used to be a nation where EVERYBODY was considered an ‘enforcer of the law’, but we morphed into “something else”.

listens2glenn on October 3, 2013 at 9:44 PM

I agree with Alex Jones on this, the way the lamestream media reported this and how the capital police used it to make the capital think they were “under attack” from a WOMAN WITH NO WEAPON! Is just sick.

If you have ten guns pointed at you, is it reasonable to react unexpectedly?

fatlibertarianinokc on October 3, 2013 at 9:54 PM

I’m not condoning anything, but just pointing out the above.

kim roy on October 3, 2013 at 9:37 PM

I agree. If they shot her behind the wheel moving, I can probably allow the justified argument. If the car was stopped or she had already fled on foot… Which is what the stories were making it sound like, then…

But my experience with cops, having only had ONE non negative and dozens of negative encounters with and absolutely zero beneficial encounters with. I will not give them any benefit of the doubt.

I think Simpson killed whats her name. The cops were so corrupted though, I think it was better he was let free than put in prison on a “think he did it” basis. Beyond a reasonable doubt for me requires an honest police force that follows the rules.

astonerii on October 3, 2013 at 9:54 PM

astonerii on October 3, 2013 at 9:54 PM

It will be interesting to find out whether it was a safety issue for the public or the police going the quick route.

Yes, the police tried to frame a guilty man and it backfired horribly. It’s too bad they didn’t have more faith in their coworkers and system.

kim roy on October 3, 2013 at 10:11 PM

Ever see those COP shows where people run because their license was suspended?

seesalrun2 on October 3, 2013 at 5:44 PM

Bull. What a normal person does is hit the turn signal ( hint to Floridians: Jiggly thang right next to the steering wheel) and pull the fvck over. Preferably to the right.

katy the mean old lady on October 3, 2013 at 10:22 PM

katy the mean old lady on October 3, 2013 at 10:22 PM

Some people respond to guns being pointed at them differently than others. It is human nature. I for one do not much care. I “know” I am invincible. Other people however know they are as I really am, human and thus fragile, particularly to bullets. Panicking is not outside the realm of possibility. Did you watch the video where several cops had guns pulled and pointed, this was near the beginning of the altercation it appears. Their first reaction was to pull guns. How many innocent people in New York have been gunned down in the recent past by trigger happy poorly trained officers?

astonerii on October 3, 2013 at 10:35 PM

He was not executed in front of a child though.

mjbrooks3 on October 3, 2013 at 5:29 PM

…funny…that!

KOOLAID2 on October 3, 2013 at 11:08 PM

Not to be a bore but … how come the NSA and telephone companies have not released transcripts of her calls leading up to the rather long drive from Connecticut to DC?

The stories about her hearing voices seem far-fetched, and no credible motive has been found. The longer we go without a comprehensible motive, the more we have to assume there is a story that cannot be politically told.

Would be good to know who gave the order shoot-to-kill and why the usual “stand-down” did not come.

virgo on October 5, 2013 at 1:11 PM