Quotes of the day

posted at 8:01 pm on September 27, 2013 by Allahpundit

Obligatory disclaimer: Though I’m generally a fan, I view Chris Christie’s record in New Jersey as a mixed bag, and I realize that many grassroots conservatives loathe the guy. But a party that’s gotten its butt kicked in the last two presidential cycles by appealing to a small and shrinking slice of the electorate ignores the numbers below at its peril. In the latest Quinnipiac poll of the Garden State’s gubernatorial race, Christie has (re)-established a mammoth lead over hapless Democrat Barbara Buono among likely voters:

(1) Christie leads Buono overall 64-30, a staggering 34-point margin. He leads on the only two issues polled — taxes and the economy — by more than 40 percentage points apiece.

(2) The governor is attracting 35 percent of the Democratic vote, 69 percent of independents, and 94 percent of Republicans…

(4) A poll out this week shows President Obama underwater nationally on personal favorability at -2 (47/49). In New Jersey, Christies favorable rating is an astonishing +40 (67/27). He’s at +40 with independents, +33 with women, and tied (44/44) among black voters.

***

Recent polling confirms the enormous strides Christie has made with African-Americans in the Garden State — Exhibit A when his supporters point to how Republicans can finally attain a foothold with non-white voters in the coming post-Obama era…

“One of the things we’re most proud of in this campaign is that we’re really playing on our opponent’s turf,” said Christie spokesperson Kevin Roberts. “That has as much to do with the governor’s personality as it does with the way he’s governed for the last three years. He didn’t get into office and ignore inner cities and urban areas.”

Roberts cites Christie’s work on education reform, mandatory drug treatment for nonviolent offenders, and a concerted effort to build close partnerships with local officials as reasons for the governor’s success on this front.

He also offered some succinct advice for other Republican officials serious about expanding their appeal to minorities.

“Look to New Jersey,” Roberts said. “It’s about showing leadership where people have faith in what you’re doing. Even if they don’t necessarily agree with you on every issue, they know where you stand. They know you’re authentic.”

***

The governor appears to be working hard for this vote by going into black neighborhoods and introducing himself. “How many Republicans are you going to see walking up and down these streets like this?” a black woman told the Real Clear Politics reporter. “He’s approachable. I really like that. And I think the people in Orange are really thrilled, whether they’re Democrat or Republican, that he’s here.”

Too many Republicans think that merely expressing support for issues like school choice, or giving a speech to the NAACP, is enough to win black support. They would do better to follow Mr. Christie’s example and spend more time in these communities introducing themselves to residents. Earlier this year, Republican Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky addressed students at two historically black colleges. The GOP might consider doing more of this type of outreach. It’s an approach that allows Republicans to define themselves instead of letting so-called black leaders define them. And as Mr. Christie is showing, it has the potential to pay dividends on Election Day.

***

I’d go as far as to say that Christie’s win would be historic, if the 25pt margin holds. It’s the type of victory that people will remember because it’s so out of the normal historical range. How so?

President Obama won New Jersey by an average 13.9pt more than he won nationally over the past two elections. If the state was going to vote purely in line with its presidential vote, you’d expect Christie to lose by 13.9pt in a neutral year. Christie is running 39.2pt ahead of that pace…

Christie has shrunk the Democratic margin among blacks by about 70pt, against Obama’s share, in New Jersey. He’s done almost the same with Latinos, whom Obama carried in New Jersey by about 60pt – more than 15pt greater than he did nationwide. For a party looking to make inroads with minorities, Christie has done it…

Christie’s been so successful in his campaign that more New Jersey voters think he should run in 2016 than shouldn’t per a recent Quinnipiac poll. Christie has not only gone into a blue state as a Republican governor and convinced many he should be re-elected, but he’s done it even as they know he may run for president. More than that, they like the idea.

***

Enter Chris Christie. He could be the bizarro Bill Clinton.

Just as America was willing to accept a “moderate” Democratic governor from a Southern state in 1992, might they be willing to accept a “moderate” Republican from a North-eastern state in 2016? The same combination of political circumstances which allowed Clinton to win in the 90s might allow Christie to win in today’s environment.

(It’s not a perfect analogy, of course. For one thing, it took three presidential losses before Democrats decided they had to have a “come to Jesus talk” with themselves. Republicans have only lost two presidential elections.)

Regardless, even if Christie did win, we can still argue over whether or not this would be a good thing for conservatives. Clinton’s election was a tacit admission that the Old Left was over — that liberals had overreached during the 1960s and 70s (and after). Would a Christie presidency be a concession that only a moderate Republican can survive in The Obama Era? Would Christie have to have a reverse Sister Souljah moment during the campaign? And once elected, would he then have to declare “the era of big government is back?”

***

New Jersey’s economy is a mess, even compared with its neighbors. The property tax burden is up sharply. Poverty is rising. And the state’s credit rating has dropped on Christie’s watch as the long-range outlook deteriorates. His successor will inherit a bigger mess than he did.

Crime is spiking in several of New Jersey’s hard-pressed cities, where loss of state aid has forced massive police layoffs. The state’s home foreclosure rate is the second highest in the nation and Christie fumbled a federal aid program intended to soften the blow. Yet he tried to raid a fund earmarked for affordable housing until the courts stopped him…

[Yet Christie's opponent] faces a political puzzle that seems impossible to solve: Voters agree with her that Christie has failed to tackle the state’s biggest problems, but they love him anyway. A Rutgers-Eagleton poll released Friday showed that most people disapprove of his handling of the economy, taxes and education. But he still received 60 percent approval overall.

“It has to do with his style, it really does,” says Patrick Murray, who runs the Monmouth University Polling Institute. “He’s the first person to come in and say, ‘I’m going to do something drastic’ and people give him credit for that.”

***

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie (R) said in an interview set to air on “CBS Sunday Morning” this weekend that he’s not a bully.

“No, I am not a bully. But what I am is a fighter,” Christie said in the interview. “I think a bully is abusive. And a fighter is someone who’s willing to mix it up to defend his or her point of view.”

Christie has been accused by his political enemies of being a bully, and a poll last year showed 45 percent of New Jerseyans used that word to describe him. (The other choice was “leader”; Christie has since become much more popular and is heavily favored to win reelection.)

***

***

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 3 4 5

** SWOOSH IN **

Scrumpy on September 28, 2013 at 12:43 AM

…missed you when you **SWOOSH OUT** a while back…the poems have been coming again…(different look…but then I don’t log into your site… to SWOOSH IN there (:->))

KOOLAID2 on September 28, 2013 at 12:54 AM

Axe on September 28, 2013 at 12:52 AM

Hiya Axe! nah she won’t be mad :) I am sorry I missed her too!

Wots this you keep hintin’ at eh? omg zombies werewolves…?? ;)

Scrumpy on September 28, 2013 at 12:54 AM

Hi folks-

I’ll be popping in and out for a while. Its been very long day, and I’m not done yet. Loading up the vehicle for a gun show tomorrow.

Schad, I see you’re still promoting arson. Good.

Hard Time Killing Floor Blues

novaculus on September 28, 2013 at 12:55 AM

GMTA eh? Lol!!

Scrumpy on September 28, 2013 at 12:50 AM

They do…but be careful, Scrumpy. They also go under, together :)

Schadenfreude on September 28, 2013 at 12:55 AM

Opps. I meant this is Dire as a baby

SparkPlug on September 28, 2013 at 12:56 AM

novaculus, have fun at the show.

Schadenfreude on September 28, 2013 at 12:56 AM

KOOLAID2 on September 28, 2013 at 12:54 AM

Yeah I changed it up it’s easier, now you can ‘follow me’ :) if you wish and leave comments it’s easier to do now I think :)

Scrumpy on September 28, 2013 at 12:57 AM

novaculus on September 28, 2013 at 12:55 AM

But the zinger ran away.

Schadenfreude on September 28, 2013 at 12:58 AM

*looks up from radar screen*

Hey how did Scrumpy swoosh past my detectors? How?

SparkPlug on September 28, 2013 at 12:59 AM

Schadenfreude on September 28, 2013 at 12:55 AM

Lol, maybe yes maybe no, com se com sa lol! ;)

Scrumpy on September 28, 2013 at 1:00 AM

What’s good about it?

Schadenfreude on September 28, 2013 at 12:42 AM

SNAFAU..:)

PS..Good evening..:)

Dire Straits on September 28, 2013 at 1:00 AM

omg zombies werewolves…?? ;)

Scrumpy on September 28, 2013 at 12:54 AM

omg

the zombie apocalypse is here

be prepared

but it won’t matter

be afeared

but it won’t matter

omg

the essay to eat all essays

coming soon

also werewolf with furry bottom

like sophie’s

but #sophiecott
omg

Axe on September 28, 2013 at 1:00 AM

SparkPlug on September 28, 2013 at 12:59 AM
Cuz I am faster than a speedin’ bullet ;D

How you be Sparky?!! Thanks for asking after me the other night :)

Scrumpy on September 28, 2013 at 1:01 AM

What’s good about it?

Schadenfreude on September 28, 2013 at 12:42 AM

SNAFU..:)

PS..Good evening..:)

Dire Straits on September 28, 2013 at 1:00 AM

Sorry..:)

Dire Straits on September 28, 2013 at 1:02 AM

Axe on September 28, 2013 at 1:00 AM

I can’t wait to read this epic tale!! :)

Has all the ingredients to captivate the reader eh?!

Scrumpy on September 28, 2013 at 1:02 AM

Evening Dire :)

Schadenfreude on September 28, 2013 at 1:03 AM

How you be Sparky?!! Thanks for asking after me the other night :)

Scrumpy on September 28, 2013 at 1:01 AM

Hello…….Scrumpy!

Cardinals Clinch! Go Cards!

williamg on September 28, 2013 at 1:04 AM

On topic, I dislike Christie, he was a turncoat, lied to get elected, I dislike lying politicians with a passion…

Let him run, he won’t get a vote from me.

CRUZ/LEE 2016!!

Scrumpy on September 28, 2013 at 1:04 AM

Axe on September 28, 2013 at 1:00 AM

I can’t wait to read this epic tale!! :)

Has all the ingredients to captivate the reader eh?!

Scrumpy on September 28, 2013 at 1:02 AM

Tale?………Tail?……T——

williamg on September 28, 2013 at 1:05 AM

Dire Straits on September 28, 2013 at 1:02 AM
Howdy Dire :)

Scrumpy on September 28, 2013 at 1:05 AM

williamg on September 28, 2013 at 1:04 AM

Hello wg!! You too :) How you be?

Scrumpy on September 28, 2013 at 1:06 AM

Kristy Kreme!

Krusty The Clown!

williamg on September 28, 2013 at 1:06 AM

Cardinals Clinch! Go Cards!

williamg on September 28, 2013 at 1:04 AM

Amen!

Vince on September 28, 2013 at 1:08 AM

This quote by non-con, establishment lapdog Guy Benson says it all.

‘Obligatory disclaimer: Though I’m generally a fan, I view Chris Christie’s record in New Jersey as a mixed bag, and I realize that many grassroots conservatives loathe the guy. But a party that’s gotten its butt kicked in the last two presidential cycles by appealing to a small and shrinking slice of the electorate ignores the numbers below at its peril.’

Conservatives have had to eat sh1t for the last two election cycles so that people like Benson could have their moderate dream candidates, McCain and Romney, now he claims they were picked to appeal to a small and shinking slice of the electorate? He can’t be serious and yet he is. No candidate is ever moderate enough for them, and when their hand picked squish loses the election they blame the base.
I can’t wait for 2016 when we have one or two real conservatives who can actually win running. Seeing Cruz dismantle Christie in a debate would be glorious to behold.

AmeriCuda on September 28, 2013 at 1:08 AM

Devil Got My Woman

novaculus on September 28, 2013 at 1:08 AM

williamg on September 28, 2013 at 1:04 AM

Hello wg!! You too :) How you be?

Scrumpy on September 28, 2013 at 1:06 AM

Muuuuch better……I just spent an evening “in”………

….with my SHYGF!……

She ays “Hi!” and “Get back here!”…..oh – that’s for me!

williamg on September 28, 2013 at 1:08 AM

To lighten things way up! Boys from Oklahoma ;)

Scrumpy on September 28, 2013 at 1:10 AM

all girlfriends soon to be eaten

not sophie

#sophiecott

Axe on September 28, 2013 at 1:11 AM

Scrumpy on September 28, 2013 at 1:05 AM

Good evening..:)

Dire Straits on September 28, 2013 at 1:11 AM

lol — peep this flick:

Special Dead (2006)

4.7/10

When a zombie plague infects Camp Special Dude, a dude ranch for the mentally handicapped, a ragtag… (90 mins.)

Axe on September 28, 2013 at 1:13 AM

Has anyone heard about a fireball seen over 8 states tonight? I can’t find anything on it, was over Ohio Indiana etc…

Scrumpy on September 28, 2013 at 1:15 AM

He’s a failure but the people love him. It pays to have the press in your pocket.

Vince on September 28, 2013 at 1:15 AM

AmeriCuda on September 28, 2013 at 1:08 AM

Very well said!

Schadenfreude on September 28, 2013 at 1:15 AM

Too Much Fun

novaculus on September 28, 2013 at 1:18 AM

Scrumpy on September 28, 2013 at 1:15 AM

Sorry. I had to let some gas out of the Glade Airship kerfuffle. I guess I turned the knob to far.

SparkPlug on September 28, 2013 at 1:19 AM

Scrumpy on September 28, 2013 at 1:15 AM

Try “coast to Coast” Radio..:)

Dire Straits on September 28, 2013 at 1:21 AM

SparkPlug on September 28, 2013 at 1:19 AM

Let me signal the natives and calm their fears, they think the sky is falling and aliens are coming to eat them!

Scrumpy on September 28, 2013 at 1:22 AM

Dire Straits on September 28, 2013 at 1:21 AM

Got it on now, was listening to GroundZero before, but that show was hinky most of the night, dunno if it was an old broadcast or what! But folks were calling in…well if it was an old show they would be wouldn’t they!! Lmao…

C to C is about politics right now…

Scrumpy on September 28, 2013 at 1:24 AM

I had to work tonight but I must pop in to add my 2 cents.
Yuck!!! and I agree with most everyone else.
Putrid Gas it is.

Christie is the CINO version of Obama, pompous windbag, loves himself and only talks about himself…I witnessed first hand when he came to MT.
Came in 1hour late, spoke about himself for 15 minutes and his bodyguards whisked him out the back door, he barely mentioned the candidate he was supposedly fundraising for. Oh and I didn’t want to go see him did it as a favor for my brother.

Warning about my link, NSFListening.

Hello and Goodnight.

MontanaMmmm on September 28, 2013 at 1:24 AM

MontanaMmmm on September 28, 2013 at 1:24 AM

Hello and goodnight!! Don’t work too hard eh :)

Scrumpy on September 28, 2013 at 1:26 AM

too late to be afraid now

Axe on September 28, 2013 at 1:27 AM

My eyelids just snapped the toothpicks holding them open, OUCH!!

Gotta go peeps…

God Bless!! Good Night all!!

{ I’ll pop in from time to time…here and there (: }

*Swoosh*

Scrumpy on September 28, 2013 at 1:30 AM

Scrumpy on September 28, 2013 at 1:24 AM

I hear you..Good luck..:)

Dire Straits on September 28, 2013 at 1:41 AM

MontanaMmmm on September 28, 2013 at 1:24 AM

Good evening..:)

Dire Straits on September 28, 2013 at 1:42 AM

Pizza 2015

novaculus on September 28, 2013 at 1:43 AM

novaculus on September 28, 2013 at 1:43 AM

Good evening..:)

Dire Straits on September 28, 2013 at 2:01 AM

Hi Dire-

What’s the haps?

novaculus on September 28, 2013 at 2:07 AM

novaculus on September 28, 2013 at 2:07 AM

Looks like GOP is in turmoil..:(

Dire Straits on September 28, 2013 at 2:11 AM

equanimous on September 28, 2013 at 2:01 AM

Nice. Too bad Schadd is gone. He would like that too.

Dire Straits on September 28, 2013 at 2:11 AM

I am so done with those nutless wonders. I’m about to the point where I think there has to be a complete economic meltdown and social chaos before things have a chance ot get better. DC is just a giant cluster**, and I’m losing confidence in our people. I think reasonable people are a majority, but I’m not sure that’s enough anymore.

novaculus on September 28, 2013 at 2:21 AM

novaculus on September 28, 2013 at 2:21 AM

I understand..It is sad..:(:(

Dire Straits on September 28, 2013 at 2:27 AM

Ace of Spades has a very good podcast for those interested..:)

Dire Straits on September 28, 2013 at 2:42 AM

you think this is sad

wait

Axe on September 28, 2013 at 2:44 AM

who’s ace

what’s a podcast

Axe on September 28, 2013 at 2:45 AM

Ace Of Spades

Gotta hit the rack. Long day again tomorrow. Hopefully I will drop in tomorrow evening.

G’night all.

novaculus on September 28, 2013 at 2:48 AM

night nova. don’t let the bedbugs — eh, makes no difference now

Axe on September 28, 2013 at 2:53 AM

From http://m.washingtonexaminer.com/39-of-gop-now-very-conservative-just-4-want-christie/article/2536498

The overall results of the presidential preference poll:

– Texas Sen. Ted Cruz: 20 percent.

– Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul: 17 percent.

– New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie: 14 percent.

– Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush: 11 percent.

– Florida Sen. Marco Rubio: 10 percent.

– Wisconsin Rep. Paul Ryan: 10 percent.

– Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal: 4 percent.

– Former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum: 3 percent.

– Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker: 3 percent.

Combine Paul’s and Cruz’s support, and you’re at nearly 40%. Yes, it’s still early, but this is notable when you consider all the pimping of Christie by the media since last year.

I think there’s a lot of overlap between supporters of Paul and Cruz. Guys, I’m optimistic well end up with one of those two as our nominee.

bluegill on September 28, 2013 at 2:58 AM

What better to usher in the GOP Swan Song than a great big, plump turkey?

Lourdes on September 28, 2013 at 3:21 AM

OOPS….not to call it A CONFLICT OF INTEREST. ^^^

thatsafactjack on September 28, 2013 at 3:51 AM

What evidence is there that people who work in the liberal mass media are a shrinking slice of the electorate?

David Blue on September 28, 2013 at 4:34 AM

So a state with about 15% liberal to moderate republican is supposed to be a model of how the GOP should frame itself? m’kay.

New Jersey had overtaken Louisiana a decade ago as a deep political cesspool and was gaining on Illinois until Christy got elected. Looking at the stats cited he has a very long way to go to prove he has any capability to make decisions that change the direction of the disastrous conditions.

The people are feeling the pain they have brought upon themselves. Desperate people do desperate things. Embracing a liberal republican shows desperation only in New Jersey.

Christy needs Jindal like results to prove he’s anything more than an East Coast sensation. He ought to run as a democrat and take out Hillary. 2 birds, 1 stone.

DanMan on September 28, 2013 at 5:15 AM

Christie crap again…….

Read the first two pages and I didn’t see one Christie supporter. None. I would actually love to see a Presidential Poll here at Hotair. Didn’t we have a poll by this time four years ago?

Anyway, Christie took New Jersey from 33rd in unemployment to 43rd. Awful job creator.

Why is he popular then? I bet part of it is positive local news coverage. This is the hidden power of propaganda that NOBODY ever talks about. I will talk more about this on the next Chris Christie post that isn’t already dead.

Until we meet again for more Christie bashing………won’t be long.

KMav on September 28, 2013 at 5:21 AM

Republican Nominee? No, the whole “gun thing” is kind of a deal-breaker for me…

Secretary of Labor in the Cruz administration? Hell, yeah…

PointnClick on September 28, 2013 at 5:48 AM

I will NEVER vote for christie. I will stay home if thats my choice.

TX-96 on September 28, 2013 at 6:07 AM

Cardinals Clinch! Go Cards!

williamg on September 28, 2013 at 1:04 AM

Amen!

Vince on September 28, 2013 at 1:08 AM

Deadbirds are EVIL!
Deadbirds mustLOSE!
Go Cubbies…someday.

annoyinglittletwerp on September 28, 2013 at 6:13 AM

Well, compared to the previous governor…

remember, the one who appointed his gay lover to head of homeland security (no complaints from the vigilant Jersey press).

Jersey is not a template for the country in any way, well maybe for sick, blue, nepotism riddled states.

Lonetown on September 28, 2013 at 6:27 AM

Yeah. Christie’s garbage plays real well in the Heartland…especially in Dixie./// “Shrinking”, my hindquarters. Gimme a break.

O/T:

Mr. Obama recalled the opening lines of the Arabic call to prayer, reciting them with a first-rate accent. In a remark that seemed delightfully uncalculated (it’ll give Alabama voters heart attacks), Mr. Obama described the call to prayer as “one of the prettiest sounds on Earth at sunset.”

– “Obama: Man of the World”, Nicholas D. Kristof, The New York Times, 3/6/2007
My take: “Obama Calls the President of Iran, Refuses to Negotiate With Republicans”

kingsjester on September 28, 2013 at 7:13 AM

well just lost any respect i had for guy benson. another guy (excuse the pun) who thinks it is all about clinging to power for power’s sake versus a belief in a way of life and culture that is for the benefit of all. just pathetic how many conservatives have no real idea why they are conservatives and so desperately want to be the ‘reasonable’ one.

(just for the record, this is in contrast to an allahpundit who many call a rhino, but who knows all too well why he believes what he believes and is absolutely not susceptible to the vagaries of ‘reasonableness’ or the need to be liked and win elections under whatever methods or to whatever purpose…of course, he does hide behind an alias….)

truecon on September 28, 2013 at 7:36 AM

Ya … So?
Does that mean that we are supposed to embrace that alleged Republican, or is it just the fact that he still carries an “R” after his name? Sorry, but that’s not sufficient enough for me, or any other Conservatives these days.
Up Next: Chistie runs for POTUS as a “uniter, not a divider”.
Good luck with that. If anything thinks that Mittens was embarrassed at the polls, just wait until the porcine Governor throws his ten-gallon hat in the ring.
BTW … Those FIFTY businesses that were recently reduced to charred rubble at “the shore” would still be standing IF Christie hadn’t been in such a hurry to re-open for the summer. Ya see, a dirty little secret is the fact that the water mains had never been repaired; water mains that firefighters could have used to douse the flames quickly rather than pumping in water from the ocean had the fire hydrants been operational. What a buffoon.
~(Ä)~

Karl Magnus on September 28, 2013 at 8:01 AM

DanMan on September 28, 2013 at 5:15 AM

Works for ME! Neither one could beat R. Paul or T. Cruz in the General Election.
~(Ä)~

Karl Magnus on September 28, 2013 at 8:09 AM

And yet it is the moderate Republicans who are dying out and failing as a part of the party and electorate. Two R’s in a row have failed to get the base of the Party out in large numbers… and one of those was in the ‘Obama Era’, so you can’t say that being ‘moderate’ is a hands-down winner.

The Big Government is killing full time jobs, making healthcare costs skyrocket, and running up a debt that is unsustainable right up to the moment you get a balanced budget in which over half of that balanced budget is debt sustainment payments and paying down the debt slowly… that means no social programs, no goodies to hand-out, no ‘works projects’ that don’t get people working, no massive overhead of government on healthcare, repealing statutes on the minimum wage which was once off-set by productivity gains that were part of a lower overhead government structure. Big Government is killing the economy, lowering trade, and forcing our children and grandchildren to pay off a debt that they did not incur because we are spendthrifts… spending like alcoholics save that alcoholics have the good grace to pass out when they have had too much.

If you want a Chris Christie that will double down on the negatives and try to call it good, I’ll vote for some third party candidate, thanks, because then the R party will have become an equal threat to the Nation. And the road to ruin may not even wait until the next Presidential election… and then we get a fun time to see just what the collapse of a once great Nation looks like from the inside, intentionally caused with malice aforethought by a minority of politicians able to turn off sensible voters with their nonsensical schemes to the point where half of the Nation does not vote. That half is about to get a rude, crude and painful awakening that not voting has consequences, as well as not thinking about your vote. That minority group of politicians in both parties have an agenda at it has no good end for the common man and woman in America. And in the US trying to get a top-down clamp down will see rivers of blood flowing…and I’m keeping my eye on the target and just looking for those who line up with me to prepare for the awesome day that the Stupid Hits The Fan.

ajacksonian on September 28, 2013 at 8:16 AM

kingsjester on September 28, 2013 at 7:13 AM

…read it folks…it is good!

KOOLAID2 on September 28, 2013 at 8:18 AM

KOOLAID2 on September 28, 2013 at 8:18 AM

Thank you, my friend!

kingsjester on September 28, 2013 at 8:20 AM

Rotunda Non Grata.

can_con on September 28, 2013 at 8:21 AM

Karl Magnus on September 28, 2013 at 8:01 AM

….good one K M !

KOOLAID2 on September 28, 2013 at 8:41 AM

– “Obama: Man of the World”, Nicholas D. Kristof, The New York Times, 3/6/2007

kingsjester on September 28, 2013 at 7:13 AM

Can anyone explain to me why the Marxist-Rased Obamao should negotiate with the Vichy Republicans?
There is no need to. The Rs have shown no backbone- have cowered and are broken.
Negotiate ?
Why?
Is the Commie in Chief not getting everything he wants ?
Soon the obamunist will be bowing to the NoKors with a Rose Garden gangman dance photo op.
Wait or it………

FlaMurph on September 28, 2013 at 8:43 AM

I will never, EVER vote for Chris Christie.
In fact, if he is the GOP nominee, I will actively campaign against him.

He’d be the third “electable” GOP nominee in a row to go down in flames, anyway. Hello, President Hillary.

DRayRaven on September 28, 2013 at 9:10 AM

Vichy Republicans?

FlaMurph on September 28, 2013 at 8:43 AM

Oh Man! Spot f’in’ ON! That’s a keeper.
(Recall that Vichy sold out Zee “Free Fraunch” in the SOUTH of France)
~(Ä)~

Karl Magnus on September 28, 2013 at 9:19 AM

After the events of the past week and the vote today, I come to HA and find the QOTD is all about….Chris Christie? Are you kidding me?

As the kids say, EPIC FAIL.

girlscout on September 28, 2013 at 2:40 PM

in the coming post-Obama era…

That is one of the most beautiful phrases I have ever read, in my life!!!!

My heart soars at the thought that someday the sun will shine again!!!!!

Some day I will not have to hear a word from him, about him, or anything to do with him.

That day will come, it will, it will.

Just that thought brings me some peace.

petunia on September 27, 2013 at 9:34 PM

Obama Clock reading time: 39 Days, 8 Hours, 11 Minutes, 12 Seconds

So close yet so very far…

Hey, I’ve ignored Obama from the lie-filled beginning and I’ve got to tell you – a teaspoon of prevention is worth a pound of cure! Love it!

The Nerve on September 28, 2013 at 3:48 PM

The Nerve on September 28, 2013 at 3:48 PM

Actually, that clock and site isn’t accurate… Here’s the real number: 1,140 Days; 1 Hour; 52 Minutes; 47 Seconds and counting. Lousy Internet sometimes….

The Nerve on September 28, 2013 at 3:55 PM

well president Hillary would love to see the whale
as the GOP candidate … keep as many conservatives
home as possible.

I will vote … will leave PONTUS blank.

conservative tarheel on September 28, 2013 at 4:19 PM