Boehner and Menendez react to Putin’s op-ed: “I was insulted,” “I almost wanted to vomit”

posted at 4:41 pm on September 12, 2013 by Allahpundit

Via the Free Beacon and the Corner. No surprise that two of O’s few Syria allies in Congress would be outraged on his behalf by Putin’s latest humiliation, but honestly, I’ve been against striking Syria all along and I was irritated by the op-ed too. Makes me wonder how many doves on the Hill are starting to chafe at the obvious enjoyment the Kremlin and its client are taking in embarrassing the White House, notwithstanding the fact that our president spent a full year moronically bumbling his way into this mess. You may hate having Ryan Leaf at quarterback, but that doesn’t make it easier to watch the other team celebrate for 15 minutes in the end zone after they pick him off and run it back. Hitting Syria is unpopular enough with American voters that Putin can probably go on dancing for awhile before sentiments start to shift in Congress, but there’ll be no new “resets” in 2017, needless to say. Coming soon from John McCain’s press shop: It’s time to arm the Novosibirsk rebels.

Speaking of which, why did the Times greenlight Putin’s piece after rejecting an op-ed submitted by McCain when he was GOP nominee in 2008? Both pieces were of national interest because of the stature of the author; both pieces were crafted with an eye to advancing a political agenda, not stating a candid opinion. If campaign talking points don’t qualify as news during a presidential election, why does Kremlin propaganda qualify in the middle of a big UN charade?

Update: Democrat Steve Israel says turnabout’s fair play and submits his own open letter on Syria to a Russian media outlet. Will it run?

Comments

Welcome to the real world. Not everyone on this planet is an American sheeple who can be intimidated by the U.S. government.

Sad, but I think true.

Putin can go to hell, but this lot up here walked into it.

Dr. ZhivBlago on September 12, 2013 at 4:44 PM

thats how i felt when Obama was re-elected

gerrym51 on September 12, 2013 at 4:44 PM

i think vlad is trying to goad 0bama into doing something stupid again. he knows how vain 0bama is and how hard it is for him to take insults from anyone. so he’ll poke him a few times and see what dumb response the SCFOAMF makes.

chasdal on September 12, 2013 at 4:44 PM

Obama’s reaction: Can we move that tee time up?

socalcon on September 12, 2013 at 4:45 PM

Somebody please tell Boehner and Menendez that the time for faux outrage has long long since passed.

Both are in part responsible for where we are today.

They both are part of the problem.

Hence not part of the solution.

coldwarrior on September 12, 2013 at 4:45 PM

I bet the hookers said the same thing after Menendez left.

Flange on September 12, 2013 at 4:46 PM

You may hate having Ryan Leaf at quarterback

Obama = Ryan Leaf? Harsh, AllahPundit. Accurate, but harsh.

I laughed. It shows that Dear Liar has been neutered.

rbj on September 12, 2013 at 4:47 PM

gerrym51 on September 12, 2013 at 4:44 PM

I still feel nauseous (seriously) because of the first election…how about you?

Dr. ZhivBlago on September 12, 2013 at 4:48 PM

Boner should take a lesson on how easy it is to steamroll President BO.

Wander on September 12, 2013 at 4:49 PM

Oh NOW the outrage. Look, fellas, ya’ll have your heads in the toilet by Obama’s thugs pretty routinely and it don’t bother you none–-but it should!!!

ted c on September 12, 2013 at 4:49 PM

Knowing Bob Menendez, he wants to vomit on underage Dominican prostitutes.

sentinelrules on September 12, 2013 at 4:49 PM

Vlad the Impaler. Barry the jester.

Aplombed on September 12, 2013 at 4:50 PM

Perhaps Menendez might understand that that’s how many of us feel whenever he speaks and worse, acts legislatively.

Lourdes on September 12, 2013 at 4:53 PM

I am very pleased that Boehner and Menendez were insulted – it’s all good.

Pork-Chop on September 12, 2013 at 4:56 PM

We’ve been feeling like we want to vomit since election day in November, 2008, when this obviously unqualified boob was elected president.

Welcome to the party.

AZCoyote on September 12, 2013 at 4:59 PM

Girlie men. If you can’t stand the heat … .

davidk on September 12, 2013 at 4:59 PM

Did it make Boehner cry or drink?

HumpBot Salvation on September 12, 2013 at 5:00 PM

Wow, bipartisan upchuck. May Menendez and Boner find happiness together.

DDay on September 12, 2013 at 5:01 PM

Vlad has seen Obama’s BC and his college records. So, Obama will do nothing.

faraway on September 12, 2013 at 5:01 PM

Even when he’s had his pants yanked down on the pages of his party’s number one media house organ, Obama has to rely on an underling to make a response.

Gator Country on September 12, 2013 at 5:01 PM

What? Only Barry can spike the football?

Nobody who was against bombing Syria is going to change on that as long as the gas payloads are on the way to being dissassembled. Assad and Putin can dance as much as they want as long as they toss some “the rebels are butchers” story/video in with every interview. Similar to Obama’s “Let’s all attack Syria together” presentation, this approach will work for them because the stories are numerous, heinous and true.

ROCnPhilly on September 12, 2013 at 5:04 PM

Did it make Boehner cry or drink?

HumpBot Salvation on September 12, 2013 at 5:00 PM

kingsjester on September 12, 2013 at 5:07 PM

“I was insulted,” “I almost wanted to vomit”

He!!, John, I think that every time you open your mouth.

Tenwheeler on September 12, 2013 at 5:08 PM

I respect, and even trust, Putin more than Obama. He may not speak well for America’s interests, although even here he can’t be worse than Obama, but he speaks well for his.

A joke that was going around Moscow a few years ago:

Q: What is the difference between Obama and Putin?
A: Putin is not a communist

And certainly Putin is not a closet Muslim.

VorDaj on September 12, 2013 at 5:08 PM

faraway on September 12, 2013 at 5:01 PM

Now there’s an interesting notion. I wonder if he has managed to get them.

thatsafactjack on September 12, 2013 at 5:08 PM

And then after making his statement, Senator Menendez
hopped on a plane to the Dominican Republic, to

induce some Vomiting from underage girls….

Quite possibly the most Vile human being in Congress,
and that’s saying something….

ToddPA on September 12, 2013 at 5:09 PM

Vlad the Impaler. Barry BAMSTAHHHHHHH!!!!!!! YOU DA MANNNNN BAMMY BABYY!!!!!! LOVE YA BARRY OL BUDDY OL PALLLL !!!!!!!!YAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Aplombed on September 12, 2013 at 4:50 PM

cableguy615 on September 12, 2013 at 5:11 PM

At least with Leaf I can slug my beer and then leave the stadium.

Bishop on September 12, 2013 at 5:11 PM

Ryan Leaf? wasn’t he drafted by San Diego?

That remark hit kind of close since Matt Schaub opened the SD game with an interception on the 7 and they scored at 15 seconds in.

Good reference though Allah. May your camel be pimped.

DanMan on September 12, 2013 at 5:12 PM

Well Boner Boehner, now you know how I feel every time I see you open your cakehole and stick your foot in it.

NULLIFICATION!

gryphon202 on September 12, 2013 at 5:14 PM

cableguy615 on September 12, 2013 at 5:11 PM

Was he serious?

thatsafactjack on September 12, 2013 at 5:15 PM

Says the pedophile puke..
I could vomit just looking at him.

bazil9 on September 12, 2013 at 5:15 PM

Boner should take a lesson on how easy it is to steamroll President BO

now that’s how its done

DanMan on September 12, 2013 at 5:15 PM

Same feeling I get every time you open your f*cking mouths, too.

Midas on September 12, 2013 at 5:16 PM

bazil9 on September 12, 2013 at 5:15 PM

+1.

thatsafactjack on September 12, 2013 at 5:17 PM

I would much rather see these two certified tools reacting the same way over Obamacare!

pilamaye on September 12, 2013 at 5:17 PM

So we have all thought that Obama is a light weight since before 2008 why bother to get physically ill over it now?

Cindy Munford on September 12, 2013 at 5:17 PM

Now there’s an interesting notion. I wonder if he has managed to get them.

thatsafactjack on September 12, 2013 at 5:08 PM

For Putin, it would take very little to gain access to that data. The payback would be enormous. He could/can hold it as a ransom for all 8 years.

faraway on September 12, 2013 at 5:17 PM

Did it make Boehner cry or drink?

HumpBot Salvation on September 12, 2013 at 5:00 PM

He cried in his drink.

Ward Cleaver on September 12, 2013 at 5:18 PM

faraway on September 12, 2013 at 5:17 PM

If it contained information that was damaging to Obama, and the fact that so much time, money, and effort has been expended to conceal it certainly suggests that it does, I could certainly see him doing precisely that. Interesting premise.

thatsafactjack on September 12, 2013 at 5:19 PM

Menendez: “I almost wanted to go to the Dominican Republic and hire some more hookers.”

rdbrewer on September 12, 2013 at 5:21 PM

For $200,000 in bribes, Putin could own the Presidency.

faraway on September 12, 2013 at 5:22 PM

I hope Boehner gets defeated so soundly at his next primary election, he couldn’t get a guest pundit job on CNN.

DarthBrooks on September 12, 2013 at 5:22 PM

Roger L. Simon wrote a column welcoming al New York Times latest columnist, which he ended with:

…For his next column, perhaps he can finally tell us what happened in Benghazi. Sadly, there’s a better chance he’ll do it than our own administration.

Seriously. I’m sure Vladimir Putin knows more than the REB does about it.

slickwillie2001 on September 12, 2013 at 5:24 PM

I don’t pay attention to a man that came from a system that killed 70 million of its own people.

itsspideyman on September 12, 2013 at 5:25 PM

Who cares what Putin thinks? Who cares what trash the New York Slimes prints? Who cares about anything that Barky, the dog-eating retard does?

The Weeping Boner and Menendez both make me puke. They are insults to civilization. Barky isn’t even up to that level – the third world moron is still stuck in some animist, sub-human phase. I wish someone would busy the idiot with a mop.

Putin’s op-ed is meaningless. It is a bit funny but Putin could never even wish of doing the sort of damage to America that Barky has done and that the Weeping Boner has helped him do. As to Menendez … I thought he was busy banging 12 year old prostitutes, or something …

And all this over Syrians killing each other, which is about the only good thing to happen in Syria in decades. I would say “unbelievable” … but this sort of idiocy is far too believable in the American Socialist Superstate.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on September 12, 2013 at 5:30 PM

it is a sad time in American history. Barry is obviously a very bad President. His chronic dismissal of the Rs, or really anyone who disagrees with him has done harm. Barry is too dumb to even understand how to be President.

There may have been good geo strategic reason to mess around in Syria. Russia has a small base in Syria and has bailed Assad our financially. They want to be a player in that part of the world, supporting Iran…and all countries against the US.

So messing around in their backyard might shake things up. Muslim fanatics have no love for Russia…Sunnis have no love for Iran. So from a realpolitic analytic point of view have Syria overrun by islamists would throw a spanner in the works of Russia/Iran.

not a bad situation for us. Honestly the same rationale was a factor imo in Iran.

barry was unable to articulate that to Congress…at least on a wide basis. He is not a leader.

he chose R2P as his pretext. That is weak. Blather about the CW prohibition is weak…that should be a UN lead response. I doubt that he is comfortable in making the cold case for American interests

r keller on September 12, 2013 at 5:35 PM

My reaction to Washington DC and the current administrations policies both foreign and domestic…

“I was insulted,” “I almost wanted to vomit”

workingclass artist on September 12, 2013 at 5:36 PM

not a bad situation for us. Honestly the same rationale was a factor imo in Iran Iraq.

r keller on September 12, 2013 at 5:37 PM

Putin must have one heII of a golf game.

Bmore on September 12, 2013 at 5:39 PM

Democrat Montana Lt. Gov. “Accidentally” Liked Picture Of Breasts On Facebook — Then Quickly Scrubbed His Account

Good job democrats.

Murphy9 on September 12, 2013 at 5:42 PM

============================

Cause Lib/Dem/ProgressiveTards are cool wit it!!

canopfor on September 12, 2013 at 5:46 PM

US considers limited strike on Syria

Rep. Nancy Pelosi, D-California, to Putin on op-ed: Love the closing about God loving us all; ‘hope it applies to gays and lesbians in Russia as well’ – @jbendery

4 hours ago from twitter.com/jbendery by editor

canopfor on September 12, 2013 at 5:49 PM

US considers limited strike on Syria

Russian President Putin wrote the ‘basic content’ of the New York Times op-ed warning against US military intervention in Syria, spokesman says – @guardian

4 hours ago from http://www.theguardian.com by editor
==================================================

canopfor on September 12, 2013 at 5:50 PM

Proposal for Syria to handover chemical weapons

Senate Majority Leader Reid, D-Nevada, on Putin New York Times op-ed: ‘I think he’s just looking for an excuse to show off his Super Bowl Ring’ – @frankthorpNBC

5 hours ago from twitter.com/frankthorpNBC by editor

canopfor on September 12, 2013 at 5:51 PM

MeanWhile,Assad Trembles:

Proposal for Syria to handover chemical weapons

Syrian President Assad tells Russian TV: Syria giving up chemical weapons because of Russian offer, not US threats – @AP

8 hours ago from hosted.ap.org by editor
============================================

canopfor on September 12, 2013 at 5:53 PM

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm,……………………….

How Russians Read Putin’s NYT Op-Ed on Syria
Posted 12 September 2013 20:53 GMT
***********************************

canopfor on September 12, 2013 at 5:54 PM

Putin plays Risk.

American politicians play Candyland.

Putin captures the Middle East.

Obama gets stuck in Molasses Swamp.

MichaelGabriel on September 12, 2013 at 5:56 PM

When Menendez was elected I wanted to vomit! Not almost, wanted to.

inspectorudy on September 12, 2013 at 5:58 PM

Compared to wimps like Obama, Boehner, and creeps like Menendez, Putin looks positively statesmanlike. And Putin is an animal, no question.

teacherman on September 12, 2013 at 6:05 PM

why did the Times greenlight Putin’s piece?

In order to get the old patriotic blood up!

“Jug Ears may be a fool, but he’s OUR fool and we HAVE TO back him!”

Bullshit!

GarandFan on September 12, 2013 at 6:07 PM

Fallon reacts to Putin’s op-ed: “I was embarrassed that Barry got elected… twice.” “I’m still embarrassed.”

Fallon on September 12, 2013 at 6:11 PM

For an interesting glimpse into Vladimir Putin I suggest watching the concert:

Paul McCartney in Red Square

Watch from 1:53:15 to 1:24:15 for the segement on Putin.

This man is not to be underestimated.

Also watch from 1:53:15 to the end (or the whole concert for that matter) for a fascinating look at the Russian people.

They are no different than us really.

MichaelGabriel on September 12, 2013 at 6:23 PM

How can you be insulted when you have no honor to be insulted?

Menendez, he makes me hurl just reading his name.

Schadenfreude on September 12, 2013 at 6:24 PM

And what do doves do when they chafe?

Talk-a-lot, even more that usual. And get very upset.

And that is all that will come of it.

Their Dear Leader tried to play The Great Game with arrogance and braggadocio and threats. Then he did nothing to back up his “red line”. He had no plan. He made no preparations. And played golf for a year. Now he is being humiliated by his own laziness and incompetence.

Since I want to stay uninvolved in Syria and since I hold the community organizer turned President in contempt, I have little problem with this.

He deserves it. His arrogance and laziness created the situation. One can only hope he learned something from it, for the sake of the nation over the next 3.5 years. But I doubt it.

The best we can hope for is that he finds an adviser who knows how the hell the world works and he listens to him/her. However, I suspect his massive ego, arrogance, and idealism will get in the way. As is often the case with American libs and lefties.

farsighted on September 12, 2013 at 6:59 PM

The thing that made me want to vomit was that the NYT would actually publish it. I don’t care that Putin said all that. I just care that he used a “respected” American media outlet to spew his anti-American tripe.

Chris of Rights on September 12, 2013 at 7:14 PM

Boehner and Menendez react to Putin’s op-ed: “I was insulted,” “I almost wanted to cry and vomit”

KOOLAID2 on September 12, 2013 at 10:17 PM

Unlike Obama’s slurpee address, the Putin Op-Ed was full of fiber.

Apart from the silly swipe about “exceptionalism” at the end, it was a well-reasoned piece. But then Obama’s own invocation of that had me thinking he has been listening to Rush too much – Obama’s the one saying that we are just a country like any other. I didn’t expect Putin to perceive that particular hollow-note.

Putin is not trying to goad Obama into more stupidity. Nobody can stop that.

More interesting is why the Times is so “over Obama” that they feel free to start seeing other people again. I assume they are fed up of being spied upon and leaked all over by the whitehouse. They suddenly realized that even the establishment was not going to bat for Obama on the “let’s have an unecessary war” idea, so they felt safe to desert the sinking ship.

virgo on September 13, 2013 at 1:34 AM

MichaelGabriel on September 12, 2013 at 6:23 PM

Agree, Michael, this video/ documentary is an amazing snapshot of Russian society. Highly recommended.

The message I got was that, believe it or not, rock music, and especially The Beatles taught English to modern Russia and their songs carried a sense of western values of liberty to all of their youth, including party members like Putin, who listened (though it was forbidden). The young grew up and took over. They saw things differently and have brought values that are now better than they used to be in that backward empire.

Meanwhile, the picture of Paul McCartney cycling in Red Square, (where that too was forbidden) was ironic because there he was, doing what he wanted, and seemed to have little idea of the monumental effect he and his cohort had on Russia.

virgo on September 13, 2013 at 1:51 AM

Sure does hurt when your enemy rubs your nose in your own feces, doesn’t it?

{^_^}

herself on September 13, 2013 at 3:51 AM

So – you going to do anything about it?

GWB on September 13, 2013 at 9:05 AM