Twelve years ago …

posted at 8:01 am on September 11, 2013 by Ed Morrissey

Where were you on 9/11? Twelve years ago today, I sat in my window office in Eden Prairie as a director of a call center in the alarm industry and noticed how nice a day it looked to be as I ate breakfast.  Even though hurricane season had begun in the south Atlantic and Gulf Coast areas, we had clear weather across the board and didn’t anticipate any problems.  Terrorism was an academic subject for debates and foreign-policy think pieces, even though we had seen a growing list of attacks over the previous decade from a network of radical Islamists whose name was hardly on the tips of our tongues.

The attacks came at 7:50 am here in Minnesota, and we found out about them almost immediately, thanks to our connections in the New York area.  At first, we assumed that the plane that struck the World Trade Center must have been an accident with a smaller or private plane, which occasionally happens near skyscrapers, and the news that it was a major airliner left us all bewildered as to how that could happen.  When we heard about the second strike, we knew we were at war — but didn’t yet know with whom.

Like any war, we took our losses that day, and we saw our heroes, too.  The first responders who charged into the  Twin Towers and gave their lives to save others.  The men and women of United 93 who refused to allow a fourth attack and gave their lives to save others.  The civilians and military personnel at the Pentagon who risked their lives to rescue their stricken comrades.  We seethed with anger and promised justice while we cried over the irreplaceable and brave Americans whom we lost, and the heroes we found in the rubble.

It’s been twelve years, and yet any time I choose, I can put myself right back there in that Eden Prairie office, or in my home later that day as we took stock of the heinous attack.  I can put myself on the ground and the shudder of fear hearing military jets take off from the nearby Minneapolis-St. Paul airport over the next couple of days when all other air traffic had been grounded.  I don’t choose to put myself back there often, and when I do I don’t even really need to revisit the coverage — but perhaps it’s best to do so, just to force myself to come to terms with the scale of the destruction and rage.

Where were you on 9/11?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

As I walked to the garage, I thought to myself how beautiful the day was.
PatriotGal2257 on September 11, 2013 at 1:19 PM

I’ve noticed over the years that the day seems to have been as crisp and clear in many parts of the country as they were in NYC before the planes hit the towers.

It was down here in North Central Texas and many people remember clear skies and mild calm weather that morning.

workingclass artist on September 11, 2013 at 1:30 PM

JetBoy on September 11, 2013 at 1:26 PM

Let’s don’t let the day become about him, it’s not worth it.

Cindy Munford on September 11, 2013 at 1:31 PM

The American right has now officially come out as Assad supporters.

verbaluce on September 11, 2013 at 11:25 AM

So you’re officially siding with who again?

rogerb on September 11, 2013 at 1:22 PM

rogerb on September 11, 2013 at 1:32 PM

I guess what gets me is seeing people jump out windows because there was no other way out. To this day it still bothers me. Sad, disgusted that our leaders want to help these types of people.

watertown on September 11, 2013 at 1:32 PM

Let’s don’t let the day become about him, it’s not worth it.

Cindy Munford on September 11, 2013 at 1:31 PM

I concur.

But dang…

JetBoy on September 11, 2013 at 1:41 PM

watertown on September 11, 2013 at 1:32 PM

Pain from fire is like nothing else. I can’t watch the clips, but, as a burn survivor, it doesn’t surprise me at all.

God bless everyone who is suffering under these memories today, and I pray he’ll thwart any of Obama’s current plans to provide massive financial and military support to Al Qaeda.

rogerb on September 11, 2013 at 1:43 PM

Stephanopoulos: “That’s a very good question Peter…one volunteer, Robert Grelinsky, explained to me the reason there is so little rubble is that all of it simply fell down, into the ground and was pulverized, evaporated.” F- Del Dolemonte on September 11, 2013 at 12:34 PM

Right. 400+ floors of steel reinforced concrete, steel beams, plumbing, HVAC, furniture etc just turned to dust. Happens all the time.

Amazing how some people who usually express nothing but contempt for the media and govt are swallowing some of their handouts with relish.

Akzed on September 11, 2013 at 12:44 PM

LOL! You’re the Troofer who was using Jennings and Stephanopoulos as credible sources on this, and then when I add Steffy’s explanation, you instantly pivot on a dime and call him a liar. It must be terribly exhausting, your having to run around moving goalposts like that…

F-

By the way, if you actually watched what happened that day when WTC 1 and 2 fell, you’ll see the massive clouds of dust generated by those collapses; this huge cloud of dust drifted over all of Lower Manhattan, and also drifted out over the harbor, including nearby Governors Island which is 1/2 mile offshore from The Battery. How exactly would you have recovered that offshore debris?

I’ve got an idea. Why don’t you tell us exactly what you think happened that day?

And in your own words, not parroting the female Troofer you have a schoolboy crush on.

(Starts sea slug powered sundial)

Del Dolemonte on September 11, 2013 at 1:44 PM

81st floor of WTC 1.

phatfawzi on September 11, 2013 at 10:42 AM

If you’re able to share more of your story, please do.

ITguy on September 11, 2013 at 10:53 AM

The only thing worth sharing is, as i was walking down the stairs those brave fire fighters were going up with all their heavy gears. And i remember asking my buddies where are they going and why. i reapeted that question many many times expecting a different answer. And about an hour later i watched in aww the building come down, heartache.

phatfawzi on September 11, 2013 at 1:46 PM

phatfawzi on September 11, 2013 at 1:46 PM

Glad for you to have been coming down instead of up. ; )

Bmore on September 11, 2013 at 1:51 PM

One of the girders from the WTC stands in a park here in Ohio, a memorial given to the rescue workers and firemen who went to Manhattan to help out. Why don’t you ask yourself, Akzed, why you’re so willing to accept the conspiracy theories of self-serving nutballs instead of finding out the facts for yourself?

RebeccaH on September 11, 2013 at 1:19 PM

And don’t forget that 7.5 tons of the WTC girders were melted down and used for the hull bow-stem section of the USS New York.

But that is probably a lie too, at least on Planet Akzed…

Del Dolemonte on September 11, 2013 at 1:54 PM

Popular Mechanics…they’re probably lying too!

Once each tower began to collapse, the weight of all the floors above the collapsed zone bore down with pulverizing force on the highest intact floor. Unable to absorb the massive energy, that floor would fail, transmitting the forces to the floor below, allowing the collapse to progress downward through the building in a chain reaction. Engineers call the process “pancaking,” and it does not require an explosion to begin, according to David Biggs, a structural engineer at Ryan-Biggs Associates and a member of the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) team that worked on the FEMA report.

Like all office buildings, the WTC towers contained a huge volume of air. As they pancaked, all that air—along with the concrete and other debris pulverized by the force of the collapse—was ejected with enormous energy. “When you have a significant portion of a floor collapsing, it’s going to shoot air and concrete dust out the window,” NIST lead investigator Shyam Sunder tells PM. Those clouds of dust may create the impression of a controlled demolition, Sunder adds, “but it is the floor pancaking that leads to that perception.”

Del Dolemonte on September 11, 2013 at 1:57 PM

Del Dolemonte on September 11, 2013 at 1:44 PM

Is Akzed really stupid enough to think that all that debris came from behind the refrigerator or something. Seriously, were does he think it came from.

Btw, it was much more than dust. I remember seeing the incredible thick cloud of airborne debris shooting through lower Manhattan. It completely blacked out the sun 30+ floors high for quite awhile.

blink on September 11, 2013 at 1:54 PM

Lower Manhattan was in fact completely obscured from view for a long time by the dust cloud. That dust cloud was almost pure white, which confirms that much of the dust was in fact pulverized concrete, drywall, etc.

Speaking of debris at the base of the WTC towers, here’s a photo showing same. Kind of hard to fake this picture!

Del Dolemonte on September 11, 2013 at 2:01 PM

I was enroute to work when the morning djs started talking about a plane crashing into the WTC. For a bit, I thought it was their inane pranks they regulary did while I drove to work.

Since there was no TV at this office we were watching via the net (and back then it wasn’t easy to do). I got most of my info from a guy who ran a music blog in the Netherlands. He was awesome. Very little got done that day.

This office was near the airport and the Port. By the time I left for home, the airport was closed and only fighter jets flew by. As I passed the Port, our military was already stationed around the entrances.

For months on end, the military stood guard at the entrance to our Port.

As a former NYer…that skyline will never be the same to me.

May God Bless our country, and all the people we lost then and since.

Today, I am just so sad for our country.

CoffeeLover on September 11, 2013 at 2:14 PM

Resist We Much on September 11, 2013 at 2:11 PM

Thanks RWM…..now that put a smile on my face like no other today.

CoffeeLover on September 11, 2013 at 2:18 PM

Resist We Much on September 11, 2013 at 2:11 PM

Looks like we managed a few better than that on the bikers side. Lolz!

Bmore on September 11, 2013 at 2:20 PM

phatfawzi on September 11, 2013 at 1:46 PM

Your heartache….was shared by many of your neighbors living all over the country that day.

Americans must not forget…ever…

workingclass artist on September 11, 2013 at 2:26 PM

workingclass artist on September 11, 2013 at 1:30 PM

Indeed … it was a beautiful clear and sunny sky as far as the eye could see.

PatriotGal2257 on September 11, 2013 at 2:28 PM

Resist We Much on September 11, 2013 at 2:11 PM

Thanks RWM…..now that put a smile on my face like no other today.

CoffeeLover on September 11, 2013 at 2:18 PM

God Bless those Bikers…Flying their American Flags and looping DC to honor the fallen and Veterans on this anniversary.

workingclass artist on September 11, 2013 at 2:29 PM

Number of People Who Showed Up For “Million Muslim March” . . . 21

Resist We Much on September 11, 2013 at 2:11 PM

Yowza.

I don’t much about that march…but was it widely publicized? I mean, were they really expecting a million?

JetBoy on September 11, 2013 at 2:29 PM

phatfawzi on September 11, 2013 at 1:46 PM

Americans must not forget…ever…

workingclass artist on September 11, 2013 at 2:26 PM

Amen.

PatriotGal2257 on September 11, 2013 at 2:31 PM

It is amazing to see the TROOLS and other ‘fire can’t melt steel’ cretins chime in on this second most (or 3rd if you include Bengahzi) memorable Day That Will Live in Infamy.
I suggested on that day that we equip each large downtown building of every major city with either a Phalanx or a RAM (Rolling Airframe Missile) CWIS platform. (Close-In Weapons System). With an International NOTAR message that says … Fly at these buildings and you will die trying.
Greet the next group of muzzie fanatics with a cockpit full of ordnance.
Phalanx Mk-2 Mod 16 … Nothing Comes Close.

Missilengr on September 11, 2013 at 2:31 PM

Indeed … it was a beautiful clear and sunny sky as far as the eye could see.

PatriotGal2257 on September 11, 2013 at 2:28 PM

Yeah, I actually had taken that day off a week before to do something, I forget what, but it ended up not happening, so Monday 9/10 I agreed to fill in for a co-worker. I remember being a little ticked about since it was an absolutely gorgeous day. The kind of morning you don’t expect anything bad to happen at all.

JetBoy on September 11, 2013 at 2:32 PM

Del Dolemonte on September 11, 2013 at 2:01 PM

The debris on the ground in lower Manhattan was also very lightly colored (and deep!)

Btw, the debris from the outside may have looked white, but I can tell you that it looked black from the inside – probably because it was so thick that it was blocking the sun.

blink on September 11, 2013 at 2:07 PM

BTW the removal of the “non-existent” pile of debris from the WTC site took over 7 months, and cost at least $5 billion.

And it was named “The Pile” by rescue personnel. Because it didn’t exist, no doubt!

Two Port Authority police officers, John McLoughlin and Will Jimeno, were also rescued. Discovered by former U.S. Marines Jason Thomas and Dave Karnes, McLoughlin and Jimeno were pulled out alive after spending nearly 24 hours beneath 30 feet of “nonexistent” rubble.

And numerous volunteers formed “bucket brigade” lines; these folks passed 5 gallon buckets filled with “nonexistent” rubble down a line to investigators, who then searched each one of those buckets for human remains.

Del Dolemonte on September 11, 2013 at 2:36 PM

I would love to know who the white azz hole in the purple shirt is. I’m betting he’s a bishop from the Episcopal “church.”

Shay on September 11, 2013 at 2:39 PM

Oops, referring to

Resist We Much on September 11, 2013 at 2:11 PM

Shay on September 11, 2013 at 2:40 PM

Akzed on September 11, 2013 at 12:35 PM

NotCoach on September 11, 2013 at 2:43 PM

JetBoy on September 11, 2013 at 2:32 PM

You know, I was going to say the same thing but couldn’t find the words.

PatriotGal2257 on September 11, 2013 at 2:47 PM

Del Dolemonte on September 11, 2013 at 2:01 PM

Popular Mechanics Rocks…Been reading it on occasion since I was a kid.

Thanks for posting your rebuttal link.

Well Done.

workingclass artist on September 11, 2013 at 2:48 PM

Democrat incompetence today in the Blue City where the 2 WTC planes took off…

Officials at Boston’s Logan International Airport are apologizing for holding a fire drill, complete with smoke and flames, on the 12th anniversary of the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks.

The two hijacked jets that were flown into the World Trade Center towers flew out of Logan.

The runway fire drill, announced on the airport’s Facebook page, drew harsh condemnation on social media sites.

The Massachusetts Port Authority, the agency that runs the airport, said in a statement that it “apologizes for conducting the fire training exercise and understands that it may have offended many of those touched by the events of Sept. 11.”

“How clueless and insensitive can you be,” one woman wrote on the airport’s Facebook page.

Plenty of folks on the Massport Facebook page suggesting they remove the “M” from “Massport”…

Del Dolemonte on September 11, 2013 at 2:48 PM

Having learned my lesson for the day and writing this out in Word so I don’t lose it again…

I was attending the first day of a two day MOAB (Management of Aggressive Behaviour) class at the hospital where I work. We heard about the first plane during our break, and spent that break and all others that day glued to the TVs in the MRI/CT waiting rooms near where our class was being held.

The instructors told us that they had been trying to sell their program to the airlines for several years, but up to that point, the airlines hadn’t felt the need for their people to know how to deal with crazies with knives. I suspect that all airlines use this or similar training now.

I remember that there were discussions of whether the hospital should prepare for any casualties, because we are two hours from New York, but given the potential size of the disaster, and that we are less than 20 miles from the Groton SubBase… I still remember all the photos from the NY hospitals, with everyone waiting for the casualties that never came.

My girls were little, 5 and 3, at that point, so it really didn’t have an immediate effect on them. However, their daddy was in the radio shack of the USS Providence, starting to head out of the Persian Gulf to begin the return leg of their 6 month Med run, discussing traffic with the CO (or XO?) at the time the first reports came through to them. He says he remembers reading the page after it printed out, and handing it over to the CO saying “I don’t see the words ‘drill’ or ‘exercise’ anywhere”. The shack was dead silent as the messages continued to print, my husband reading them while they printed out and tearing off each page and handing it over. Within a few minutes of the CO leaving radio, the boat was turned around.

Needless to say I wasn’t surprised when Squadron told the wives the next day that all port calls for the next six weeks were cancelled. Unlike many of the wives, I wasn’t surprised at all when two weeks later we were informed that the boat was going to be delayed coming home too. I spent a lot of time over the next few months explaining to people that their husbands, sons, brothers were safer underwater in the Persian Gulf than they were driving to and from work. Unfortunately one of the guys proved that a month after they did finally get home, wrapping his car around a tree on the way back from bowling one night. We suspect there was beer involved. It was the only time in over 20 years in the Navy that my husband had to deal with casualty messages.

The boat was only delayed about a month, and my husband couldn’t tell me anything, although the battle flag with 20+ tomahawks on it was a clue. They declassified things about a year later, since it had been all over CNN on Oct 7th, that the Providence was the American boat firing the opening salvos at Afghanistan. Since that was our eldest’s birthday, he’s always described it as her birthday fireworks. And my girls had their daddy back for Thanksgiving.

LibraryGryffon on September 11, 2013 at 3:05 PM

Del Dolemonte on September 11, 2013 at 2:01 PM

Popular Mechanics Rocks…Been reading it on occasion since I was a kid.

Thanks for posting your rebuttal link.

Well Done.

workingclass artist on September 11, 2013 at 2:48 PM

That Popular Mechanics study is perhaps the best debunking of the Troofers. However, many of them say it is bunk itself!

Why Popular Mechanics Can’t Face Up to Reality

“It Burns!”

Del Dolemonte on September 11, 2013 at 3:54 PM

Denial alert.

Answer the questions.

Akzed on September 11, 2013 at 9:21

AM

Ask the questions on another day. Have some respect for the people who were murdered on 9/11; have some respect, at the very least, for the people who grieve their loss. Because it doesn’t matter how they were killed – they are dead and that deserves a measure of respect that you Truthers don’t seem to possess.

Let’s put a name to it:

Heather Lee Smith
Flight 11

Daughter of dear friends; age 30. Newly engaged she had just set her wedding date for October 2002. Right now she should have a couple of kids, her parents should be spoiling their grandchildren and her brother should be their much-loved uncle. Instead this beautiful family only has a name carved into granite as a memorial to their beautiful daughter/sister/fiancee.

Truther – go away. Stay away. It’s not denial you moron – it’s something you just don’t understand.

KrisinNE on September 11, 2013 at 4:14 PM

You don’t ask questions. Just like every other conspiracy whack job you demand people prove a negative. The onus is on you shiite for brains to prove your “facts”. NotCoach on September 11, 2013 at 2:43 PM

Akzed on September 11, 2013 at 4:25 PM

Akzed on September 11, 2013 at 4:25 PM

Is there something you don’t understand? Again, it is not incumbent upon us to prove there wasn’t a government conspiracy to destroy the buildings. It is your responsibility to prove there was. The evidence I have seen establishes a narrative consistent with the accepted facts. Where is your proof otherwise?

NotCoach on September 11, 2013 at 4:42 PM

Akzed on September 11, 2013 at 4:25 PM

Akzed you are a member of a cult.

batterup on September 11, 2013 at 4:47 PM

Del Dolemonte on September 11, 2013 at 1:57 PM

I would like to know how steel was pulverized to dust. Also, how were steel beams bent like candy canes, and twisted into spirals? What force was brought to bear to accomplish that?

Del Dolemonte on September 11, 2013 at 2:01 PM

Dust is not debris, nor rubble. If you want to believe 400+ steel reinforced floors were turned to dust by slamming into one another, fine, but I don’t understand why my lack of faith in that proposition makes anyone angry. Does it make you angry that there was no P wave recorded on local Seismographs? That the S wave was of shorter duration than it would have taken for a bowling ball to fall as far in a vacuum?

Drop a one square acre steel reinforced concrete block from 1,000 feet up onto any surface you wish, and it will not turn to dust. Lest of all would it turn to dust if it fell ten feet to the floor beneath it. If it did, it wouldn’t have the energy to pulverize the floor below it.

I’ve asked many questions in this thread, including “Where’s the rubble?” Also, “Where’s the plumbing, where are the 400+ steel reinforced concrete floors, all the HVAC, office furniture, a half million tons of steel?” etc.

Here’s another question: Why was the World Financial Center across the street from WTC eventually torn down after repairs for relatively minor damages sustained during the attack? Did you even know it was torn down after being repaired? What did it keep doing, that no one can explain?

Akzed on September 11, 2013 at 4:56 PM

Judy Wood makes her living pimping “LASERS IN SPACE” (pew pew) knocked down the towers, she’s nuts and so are her followers. Akzed you are a member of a cult. batterup on September 11, 2013 at 4:47 PM

Never heard her say “lasers” or mention space. Have you read her book? Watched any of her videos? Interviewed her? Come talk to me after you have and if you can resist putting words in her mouth, maybe we can talk.

Of course, you remember Hurricane Erin, don’t you? The storm that was a couple hundred miles off the coast of NYC for a few days before 911. You know, the one that for some reason didn’t make it on many morning weather reports that day in the central Atlantic region.

Akzed on September 11, 2013 at 5:03 PM

Akzed on September 11, 2013 at 4:56 PM

Moron.

JetBoy on September 11, 2013 at 5:06 PM

Akzed on September 11, 2013 at 5:03 PM

She calls it “Energy Beams” which is totally different than lasers, or something.

She is the priest of a cult and has suckered you & others into a Folie à deux. It’s a charade to make money – for her. Wake up.

batterup on September 11, 2013 at 5:13 PM

I was back in the US after spending 4 years in Saudi Arabia.

I knew before 9/14 (my birthday) when GWB made his epic speech, who was responsible.

I knew from the moment it happened.

Prepare for 300 years of darkness.

thejackal on September 11, 2013 at 5:21 PM

As far as conspiracies, the number of people who would have to have been involved for 9-11 to be an “inside job” is almost astronomical, and I find it hard to believe that not a single one of them has come forward in the intervening 12 years. State hasn’t been able to completely keep the lid completely on their lies about Benghazi, and that involved far fewer people than would have been needed for 9-11-01, and it’s only been a year.

What is it they say? “The only way three people can keep a secret is if two of them are dead?”

The average 911 truther seems to fit Reagan’s description of liberals, it’s not that they’re ignorant, they just know so much that isn’t true.

LibraryGryffon on September 11, 2013 at 5:22 PM

Where was I?

I was with my third period English class in a Harris County high school. At the time all we had was a radio in the room (Channel One tvs were a thing of the past by then.) Ninth graders can be silly sometimes, but they weren’t this time. It is a memory that is as clear as the day Kennedy was assassinated when I was a youngster in grade school.

And yes, both days were beautiful.

jazzuscounty on September 11, 2013 at 5:26 PM

I’ve asked many questions in this thread, including “Where’s the rubble?”

Akzed on September 11, 2013 at 4:56 PM

NotCoach on September 11, 2013 at 5:31 PM

Del Dolemonte on September 11, 2013 at 2:01 PM

fine.

-snip-

Akzed on September 11, 2013 at 4:56 PM

Smells like Teen Spirit in here.

First of all, Baby Troof, when debris is pulverized by the sheer weight of impact, it is reduced to dust. Your utter ignorance of physics, and of building construction techniques, is duly noted.

F-

As for your other questions, I responded to them all. You stuck your fingers in your ears and refused to believe them.

Now, one more time, please tell us what you think really happened in NYC that day. And as I said when I asked you the same question earlier, please tell us in your own words-not the words of the Lady Troofer you have a schoolboy crush on.

Del Dolemonte on September 11, 2013 at 5:33 PM

I would appreciate it if you’d all click my nick. I made that site in the days following 9/11.

Ugly on September 11, 2013 at 5:34 PM

Never heard her say “lasers” or mention space. region.

Baby Troof on September 11, 2013 at 5:03 PM

You’re even stupider than I thought.

In Dr. Wood’s first Supplement, she exposes the fact that NIST contracted with a major manufacturer of directed energy weapons for the 9/11 NIST Report.

The company in question, Applied Research Associates (ARA), is not only a manufacturer of directed energy weapons, but is also a founding sponsor of Directed Energy Professional Society (DEPS).

DEPS, founded in 1999, put out their first newsletter one year before 9/11. An excerpt from this newsletter is as follows:

“Lasers in space, lasers in the stratosphere, lasers
on and over the battlefield — we’re at the
beginning of an evolutionary new wave of weaponry.”

More recently Dr. Wood and her attorney revealed that another company NIST contacted with for their Report, Science Applications International Corporation (SAIC), is also a manufacturer of directed energy weapons.

In Dr. Wood’s second Supplement she explains that testimony given by Emergency Medical Technician Patricia Ondrovic during the WTC Task Force Interview is consistent with directed energy weapon evidence usage at the World Trade Center.

Z-

Del Dolemonte on September 11, 2013 at 5:39 PM

I was in Toronto, Canada. Most expressed shock, but a sizable percentage either cheered or smiled at the attacks. I lost any respect had for that city and its people that day. The rest of Canada fortunately stood up to be counted and aided the U.S. in every way it could. But Toronto’s despicable action sickens me to this day.

KillerKane on September 11, 2013 at 10:23 AM

Take out the aholes in Toronto and Montreal and Canada becomes a decent place.

Don’t forget, many Mexicans celebrated too.

slickwillie2001 on September 11, 2013 at 5:41 PM

My favorite all-time troofer video clip is HERE …Richard “Box Boy” Gage of Architects & Engineers for 9/11 Troof performing the experiment to end all experiments of trooferism.

Ugly on September 11, 2013 at 5:34 PM

Very cool…I couldn’t click past the second pic…been watery-eyed a few times today, danged onions somewhere. As difficult as it is to relive that morning, it’s important to do…to remember…and never forget.

JetBoy on September 11, 2013 at 5:45 PM

Baby Troof on September 11, 2013 at 5:03 PM

Er, that was because the closest that Hurricane Erin came to anywhere on the East Coast was over 700 miles away. It in reality passed 105 miles to the East of Bermuda, which is 700+ miles east of NYC. Not “a couple of hundred miles” as you and your crush Doctor Judy claim.

And by the time it reached Bermuda on September 9, it was only a Cat 2 hurricane. That’s the second-weakest classification. The highest winds on Bermuda were barely over 40 miles per hour at the height of the “storm”.

Z-

Del Dolemonte on September 11, 2013 at 5:50 PM

JetBoy on September 11, 2013 at 5:45 PM

I can only imagine :(

I was here in Michigan and only watched it unfold on TV. Even that scared me to death and made me angrier than I’ve ever been in my life.

Ugly on September 11, 2013 at 5:50 PM

An interesting read, one the Democrats hope their Low-IQ Cult members will ignore.

Dr. Walid Phares is an advisor to members of the US Congress and a professor of Middle East Studies in Washington, DC. He is the author of several books on terrorism, including The Confrontation: Winning the War against Future Jihad. This article is adapted with permission from an exceprt from Future Jihad: Terrorist Strategies against America (Palgrave/McMillan, 2005) for the Cutting Edge News on the 12th anniversary of the September 11 attacks

9/11 and Future Jihad

Del Dolemonte on September 11, 2013 at 5:53 PM

Remember the Islamist threat.

bluegill on September 11, 2013 at 8:03 AM

How can we forget ? He’s in the WH !

cableguy615 on September 11, 2013 at 5:58 PM

Ugly on September 11, 2013 at 5:34 PM

Good that you keep it up.

A lot of them are in archives now or have been taken down.

workingclass artist on September 11, 2013 at 6:03 PM

Ugly on September 11, 2013 at 5:50 PM

It’s incredible that still, after 12 years, the profound emotions still surface as strong as they were that day.

JetBoy on September 11, 2013 at 6:13 PM

True story.

JetBoy on September 11, 2013 at 8:38 AM

Are you serious ??? Man that is just spooky !

cableguy615 on September 11, 2013 at 6:15 PM

Del Dolemonte on September 11, 2013 at 5:53 PM

I remember reading a transcript from a speech given by a former Reagan Administration policy wonk (Can’t remember his name or the event he addressed) I’ve tried to google it by subject for years and haven’t found it.

The subject of his speech was to warn about Cultural Manipulation through our media and our educational systems by what we now call Jihadi agencies funded by Political Islamic countries.

The speech was dated during the GHW Bush administration before Clinton was in office I think.

Now we have Al Jazeera on American TV and a rise in both Ideological Fascism and Antisemitism that is sweeping through Europe,Parts of Mexico and South America and The US that distorts history and makes heroes of terrorists….This agitprop is anti-west…anti-american…anti-capitalist…anti-Judeo Christian…and anti-tradition….It is pro-chaos,pro-aetheist,often pro-islamic…and anarchic.

workingclass artist on September 11, 2013 at 6:21 PM

Are you serious ??? Man that is just spooky !

cableguy615 on September 11, 2013 at 6:15 PM

Absolutely true.

Another time, in the same apartment, in a small room I made into a NY Jets “shrine” to display all my Jets paraphernalia, I had amongst my framed signed photos on the wall one of Keyshawn Johnson. The day he left the Jets that picture fell off the wall, and the glass cracked everywhere as I was beeatching about Johnson to a buddy on the phone.

Not as impressive as the other instance…but weird nonetheless. Nothing like that has happened since, or before. That place must have been haunted.

JetBoy on September 11, 2013 at 6:28 PM

workingclass artist on September 11, 2013 at 6:21 PM

In a related vein, on today’s show Rush Limbaugh discussed at length how the Democrats were soon alarmed by how Chimpy Bush’s job approval went thru the roof after 9/11.

And as Rush correctly noted, those same Democrats were also very alarmed at the displays of American patriotism after 9/11. Because they knew that patriotism is against everything their Party stands for, since they were all taught that America’s founding was “unjust”.

As a result, the Democrat Party enlisted its puppets in the national media to downplay what actually happened on 9/11 in the years to come. In reality, it was censorship, because they knew full well that a full replay of the events of that day would rekindle that patriotism.

Hence, we never again saw the video images of the WTC jumpers, as well as a lot of other stuff. Because the Democrats knew it would harm their Party, and nothing else.

This is still going on, of course. This year, CNN ran several shows about 9/11. But they buried them all on Saturday night, which is TV graveyard.

Del Dolemonte on September 11, 2013 at 6:42 PM

I was in the shower while my husband and son were watching the news to hear about the status of Ed McCaffrey of the Denver Broncos, who had broken his leg the night before. As I got out of the shower, they called to me that a plane had struck the World Trade Center. Like everyone else, we thought it was a small plane, like had happened to the Empire State Building years before. As we watched, the second plane hit Tower 2. My son and I looked at each other and said, at the same time “Debt of Honor”. We had both read Tom Clancy’s book where Japanese men who wanted to see the rising sun rise again, flew a 747 into the capitol building, making Jack Ryan POTUS.

I then took the kids to school and spent the rest of the day trying to find out if my former co-workers were OK.

The year before, I had left my job with Oppenheimerfunds, headquartered in Tower 2, floors 33-35. During every visit there for meetings, terrorist attacks were on our minds after the 1993 bombing. Many people talked about since there were numerous false bomb threats in the years afterward, including at a mid-town building we were headed to. The cops and dogs were coming out as we were going in and told us the building was clear. The folks we were meeting with said that we could leave if we were uncomfortable but we chose to stay. I figured the bomb-sniffing dogs had it covered, but my co-worker was terrified the entire afternoon.

I eventually found out that everyone in the company made it out safely. Most weren’t there yet, the day started at 9am and they weren’t in the habit of going in early. There were enough people who had been through the 1993 bombing that they insisted on evacuating, even when they were told it was safe over the loudspeaker. My former boss was coming up from the subway station beneath the Towers when he was evacuated to the street where he saw people jumping and dying from the upper floors.

It’s still unbelievable to me that such a large complex could be destroyed so quickly. It took at least 15 minutes to walk from one tower to the other through the mall beneath. We stayed in the Marriott that was part of the complex. We went through stringent security before accessing the elevators.

I’m heartbroken that so many people in Tower 2 perished because they didn’t have those wise voices of experience telling them to evacuate anyway.

I had nightmares for years, imagining that I had been there. Our budget meetings were always during the first couple of weeks of September. If I hadn’t left the company, I could have been there. My nightmares consisted of wondering where I would have been and what I would have done.

I will never forget a moment of that day.

Common Sense on September 11, 2013 at 6:57 PM

There is no way you can differentiate between a Democratic swine bag and a patriot.

Death to the Democratic party.

thejackal on September 11, 2013 at 7:02 PM

Del Dolemonte on September 11, 2013 at 5:50 PM

The point is that the energy field of the hurricane was used to power the weapon. Or did a kerosene explosion cause the earth’s magnetic field to dip at 8:46 AM?

Exactly my point moron. Where’s the rubble Mr. Lasers in the Sky? Show us the proof of the nonsense you’re peddling. NotCoach on September 11, 2013 at 5:31 PM

I’ve linked to it several times.

Del Dolemonte on September 11, 2013 at 5:39 PM

Like I said, she has never claimed a laser was used. Her name doesn’t even appear in that document. The company in question makes DEW, which includes lasers.

Funny how everybody’s an expert on her the same day they first heard her name. Have you read her book? No. Have you watched umpteen of her lectures? No. Have you spoken with her one on one for an hour? No. I have. When you know what you’re talking about, and can make an argument without misrepresentation, get back to me.

Also, you should know that your displays of anger are recognized for what they are: lack of an argument.

Akzed on September 11, 2013 at 7:17 PM

Your idiotic, insane troofer nonsense is the final nail in the coffin of any shred of credibility you might have had. What’s next from you, the moon landings were faked? Moron. JetBoy on September 11, 2013 at 5:06 PM

What a queer statement, given that the “troofers” hate Dr. Wood because she has destroyed their theses.

Akzed on September 11, 2013 at 7:23 PM

I had nightmares for years, imagining that I had been there.
Common Sense on September 11, 2013 at 6:57 PM

I think a lot of people were haunted with nightmares.

In my mother’s case she couldn’t sleep for weeks…she’d grown up during the depression and WWII and the fear of the dawning Cold War as a young woman and for her it was as if she was reliving the stress and fear of those years as a frail old woman.

She’s gone now…But she was never the same.

workingclass artist on September 11, 2013 at 7:31 PM

Akzed on September 11, 2013 at 7:17 PM

NotCoach on September 11, 2013 at 7:33 PM

Amazing time-lapse over 9 years, of the new WTC rising from the “non existent” rubble of the original WTC complex…

Of course, this is a Fake Video. After all, how can you build a new building on the same site where WTC-1 and WTC-2 collapsed without leaving any debris? No debris means they never collapsed to begin with!

Del Dolemonte on September 11, 2013 at 7:33 PM

That is not proof of anything. That is the same old, same old lame conspiracy garbage that never answers anything, but asks ridiculous questions based on ridiculous science and observation. NotCoach on September 11, 2013 at 7:33 PM

But you didn’t read it, so how do you know what it isn’t proof of?

Like I said, the truthers hate her because she has destroyed their theses, not rehashed them, as you allege.

Akzed on September 11, 2013 at 7:47 PM

Del Dolemonte on September 11, 2013 at 7:33 PM

Ok, that’s some high quality stupid.

Do yourself a favor. Watch one of her lectures on youtube. You needn’t confess to it here. Just watch one. Peruse her web site. What could it hurt? You obviously have time to burn given the amount of time you spend on HA.

I never trusted the truthers any more than you do. “If you want to control the opposition, create it.” -V.I. Lenin Dr. Wood takes their arguments apart systematically. She only deals with the available evidence, and never speculates.

And ask yourself why you are so invested in the conspiracy theory about a sheik on dialysis in a cave in Afghanistan directing 19 disciples with box cutters to destroy seven huge buildings with two airplanes, whose crime was solved within six hours.

Ask yourself if that really makes sense Del. The govt you otherwise distrust gave you that theory, and the media you distrust put its stamp of approval on it.

Akzed on September 11, 2013 at 7:56 PM

Ugly on September 11, 2013 at 5:34 PM

Beautiful. Thank you for sharing your tribute.

Fallon on September 11, 2013 at 8:46 PM

Where were you on 9/11?

My husband and I were both in grad school. I went home in between classes–something I rarely did–and my husband had the tv on while he folded clothes. The breaking news interrupted the programming with an announcement that a WTC had been struck with an airplane. The sound of the reporter’s voice caught my attention. There was an unmistakable panic and alarm in the tone. We sat in front of the tv and watched the events unfold………When the first tower went down, all I could think of were the people in the building. I got on my knees and prayed……

Shortly thereafter, I went to my next class. The prof got an update and asked the class if we wanted to leave. There was a collective “no” and such a resolve that we would not be deterred by this attack, even at that early hour of this tragedy, that represents the spirit of our country. It was bittersweet.

To this day, I hate flying. My husband worked for an airline before 9-11 and we flew ALL. THE. TIME. Since 9-11, I’ve flown half a dozen times. I have no desire to do so. None.

The willingness of the passengers and so many first responders who sacrificed their lives continues to amaze and inspire me. It’s a model of Christ and what he calls us all to do for one another.

I will never forget.

conservative pilgrim on September 11, 2013 at 9:09 PM

Ugly on September 11, 2013 at 5:34 PM

Thank you for making your site. I made it to picture 7 and couldn’t go any farther. It’s so tragic and painful. Thank you for keeping the memory alive.

conservative pilgrim on September 11, 2013 at 9:11 PM

TO AMERICA:

FROM CANADA:

WE Stand Shoulder to Shoulder,my Southern neighbour,
stay STRONG,STAY THE COURSE,your Ally:)

—GOD BLESS AMERICA

Canopfor

canopfor on September 11, 2013 at 9:21 PM

canopfor on September 11, 2013 at 9:21 PM

Thank you neighbor to the North. : )

Bmore on September 11, 2013 at 9:23 PM

I was assigned to an F-14 squadron at NAS Oceana, VA. We were packing out our gear into C-130s to travel to San Diego and meet our ship, the USS John C. Stennis (CNV-74) for a pre-deployment detachment, a normal activity in any airwing deployment cycle. I was also the command watchbill coordinator, and had just checked on the senior watchstander in the squadron ready room. I hadn’t gotten three steps out into the passageway when the desk watch shouted for me to get inside and see what was on the TV.

Disbelief. Pain. Sorrow. A momentary numbness, and then a need to act. Called the base security office and reported the news event. Went to the CO and informed him. Within moments, the ready room was packed, with officers, chiefs, blueshirts, everyone who wasn’t too busy to take a peek at the unprecedented “accident”.

Hoping to hear something, anything, from the airline or the NTSB which might be considered a confirmation of a navigational or flight control issue leading to the crash. Anything but what nobody was willing to consider as the “other” possibility.

And then the other plane struck the other tower, and I knew we were at war, as did everyone on the base. We knew that there would be no travel across country for us that day, so we told all of our crews to suspend the packout, to send the trucks to go retrieve all of the pallets which had already been taken to the cargo bird.

Then the word we were expecting, all air traffic grounded except for ready-up defensive fighters. Gather all hands in the hangar. Clean up your shops and go home if you don’t have the duty. Everyone stay home and near a phone, watchstanders only to come on base for two days, unless other orders are given. By the time that gathering ended, news of the Pentagon attack and the crash of Flight 93 had been broadcast.

The next day, base-wide instructions were issued regarding enhanced security measures both on- and off-base for all hands. Among them were suggestions to remove any pro-American or pro-military displays from vehicles, to minimize the chance of being targeted. I can absolutely guarantee that not a single soul belonging to a Navy fighter squadron complied with that suggestion. Within two days, the most common window or bumper sticker to be seen around the Tidewater area was “These Colors Don’t Run!”

Exactly two months later, on Veteran’s Day 2001, we got underway aboard the Stennis out of Coronado, steaming directly to the Gulf as the first Carrier Group to engage the defined enemy.

I will never forget.

Freelancer on September 11, 2013 at 9:45 PM

Akzed you’re insane.

Hey look I saw a unicorn….

grow up.

CW on September 11, 2013 at 10:13 PM

blatantblue on September 11, 2013 at 11:33 AM

Late to the thread and all, it’s good to see you here.
(Even on this sad, memorable day.)

massrighty on September 11, 2013 at 10:58 PM

Del Dolemonte on September 11, 2013 at 7:33 PM

Ok, that’s some high quality stupid.

On the other hand, I claimed that 2001′a Hurricane Erin was only “a couple of hundred miles” away from New York just before 9/11, when in reality it was actually 105 miles East of the island of Bermuda, which is 700+ miles away from New York.

Baby Troof on September 11, 2013 at 7:56 PM

Fixed.

———-Z———-

Del Dolemonte on September 11, 2013 at 11:38 PM

Earth to Akzed:

1. Concrete is made of material that is dust to begin with. And after it’s artificially hardened by man, it’s not immune from breaking. And when it breaks under enormous forces, it turns into dust yet again. Try dropping a concrete block on another one from a distance of 24 inches. Better yet, try dropping that same concrete block on your foot from a distance of 24 inches, and then multiply your pain by 90%.

3. The original World Trade Center contained 13.4 million square feet of space. The vast majority of that space was thin air.

4. You still, after several requests, have been too afraid to tell us what you think really happened that day.

Please do so, and maybe we’ll stop laughing.

(Starts amoebae-powered sundial #1)

Del Dolemonte on September 11, 2013 at 11:55 PM

Baby Troof on September 11, 2013 at 7:56 PM

“The Colours, The Colours!”

(Del is lighting up a banana now.)

One more time…please tell us in your own words what really happened on 9/11/2001 and we’ll all stop laughing at you. Until then, you’re simply wasting our time.

PS…bin Laden started planning and gave the go-ahead for those attacks many years before he was “on dialysis in a cave in Afghanistan.” He himself said later that the 9/11 attacks were
supposed to take place before (Democrat) pResident Bill “Clenis” Clinton left office. But his team leader, the infamous Mohammed Atta (who was given a PC pass by a gate agent in Portland Maine on the morning of 9/11) told Ozzie they needed more training time.

But I’m guessing that in your world, all of the planning and training for those attacks took place in the 7 months after Chimpy Bush took office in January 2001.
Please come back for more!

(Uproarious laughter)

PS

F-

Del Dolemonte on September 12, 2013 at 12:10 AM

Oh, and let’s not forget these Inconvenient Troofs.

1. Most office walls are sheet rock, also known in some places as gypsum board. It’s literally made from dust.

2. Most office furniture is made out of particle board, which is basically sawdust glued together in the shape of boards.

Drop 100 floors above you onto either of those elements, and you have dust. But none of that would accumulate in a Pile.

Del Dolemonte on September 12, 2013 at 12:30 AM

Apparently natural forces be damned. Too bad, Physics was always one of my favorite fields of study. Here is a very minor tip. It does involve a bit of research on your part however. Actually now that I type this……never freaking mind……..its just not worth it sometimes.

Bmore on September 12, 2013 at 9:36 AM

2. You keep mentioning “400 floors” of the WTC complex. Please identify each and every one of these floors in each and every WTC building, using credible and multi-sourced cites, and tell us why there were “400 floors” in 2 100+ story buildings. Del Dolemonte on September 11, 2013 at 11:55 PM

Is your Google broken? There were seven WTC buildings genius. Look it up.

You disparage Dr. Judy Wood with all the same phrases used by truthers which, were you rational, might give you pause.

Akzed on September 12, 2013 at 4:27 PM

Del Dolemonte on September 12, 2013 at 10:46 PM

Oh, and what about that those multi-story deep cellars underneath the towers…But no WTC debris would ever fall in there…

Del Dolemonte on September 12, 2013 at 10:46 PM

Preview = Friend

Del Dolemonte on September 12, 2013 at 10:48 PM

Oh, and what about that multi-story deep cellars underneath the towers…But no WTC debris would ever fall in there… Del Dolemonte on September 12, 2013 at 10:46 PM

What about them? You obviously know nothing about them so I guess that’s why you’re asking me. Did you break your Google?

The mall under the towers was relatively undamaged, as was the subway station. As was the “bathtub” built in the river in which the WTC campus sat. Hardly what one would expect had millions of tons of rubble collapsed into them rather than being turned to dust in mid-air. The seismic activity was less than that of the Seattle Kingdome’s implosion, and no P wave to speak of. For a building basically bolted to the bedrock, that’s a trifle odd. But you know best as you make it up as you go along.

The best thing to be said about you is that you are willfully ignorant.

Again, Dr. Judy Wood is hated by truthers for debunking their fallacious claims. Why do you hate her?

Akzed on September 13, 2013 at 4:26 PM