Non sequitur: Ostensibly comic video calls for the formation of a “black NRA”

posted at 7:21 pm on September 10, 2013 by Erika Johnsen

I know that responding to the likes of videos from Funny or Die is supposed to be super lame because “it’s just supposed to be funny!” and that doing so means that I must simply be devoid of any sense of humor, but a video’s ostensibly humorous and satirical qualities do not excuse the peddling of maliciously false information. I’m sure you all remember that nonsensical and mean-spirited anti-gun rights gem from Jim Carrey awhile back, and Sarah Silverman is out with a new anti-NRA video of a similar caliber.

Excuse me, but… Did Silverman just imply that all black people are criminals? Because, absolutely yes — as an actual member of the National Rifle Association, I am one hundred percent all about the equal application of the Second Amendment to all law-abiding adult citizens. The NRA isn’t busying themselves with advocating that anyone should be denied the right to carry a concealed firearm upon their person because they’re not white — in fact, they actively do just the opposite, and I have no idea from where it is that these self-imagined satirists think they’re getting this garbage. “This ‘stand your ground’ law, it’s for everybody, right?” …Right. The right to self-defense is an indisputably equal-opportunity protection that should be afforded to all upstanding Americans, and nobody — and certainly not the NRA — ever said otherwise.

An epic rebuttal, via Twitchy:

Comments

The Full Ret@rd!!!

Resist We Much on September 10, 2013 at 7:25 PM

Wow. Sort of against interest… or something?

Akzed on September 10, 2013 at 7:25 PM

What is one to think of this? “They have a point. We can’t arm the blacks, so we should disarm the whites.”

I dunno. This is going to take a while to sink in.

Akzed on September 10, 2013 at 7:28 PM

Sarah Silverman is disgusting.

bluegill on September 10, 2013 at 7:28 PM

It said funny or die. Well, it died in the first 8 seconds.

patman77 on September 10, 2013 at 7:29 PM

Sahar Silverman is not, and never has been, funny. Which leaves the other option. . .

rbj on September 10, 2013 at 7:29 PM

Does she even know who and why the NRA was set up for?

Iblis on September 10, 2013 at 7:29 PM

Too bad Obama is a lot more serious about disarming Americans than he is Assad. If all he ever wanted from us was a blank piece of paper that said “gun control”, I could get on board with that.

crrr6 on September 10, 2013 at 7:30 PM

White liberals really do ruin everything……

libfreeordie on September 7, 2013 at 11:50 AM

Resist We Much on September 10, 2013 at 7:30 PM

Citizens, it was not the Tooth Fairy that armed southern blacks against the KKK.

CapnObvious on September 10, 2013 at 7:31 PM

…It’s not yours to make dumbass racist videos with…

You said it right!! ^5

Scrumpy on September 10, 2013 at 7:31 PM

That rebuttal should have included a history on the beginning of the NRA, and why it was organized to begin with.

listens2glenn on September 10, 2013 at 7:32 PM

I vote die.

WhatSlushfund on September 10, 2013 at 7:33 PM

I always try to get my news on “how black people should be thinking” from Sarah Silverman.

tetriskid on September 10, 2013 at 7:34 PM

OT – war next month…amnesty

Schadenfreude on September 10, 2013 at 7:37 PM

HEY ……. UrbanElitist !

……. libfreeordie !

……. verbaluce !

Where y’all hiding ?

listens2glenn on September 10, 2013 at 7:37 PM

They don’t even have to be ‘upstanding’ citizens. During the Zimmerman prosecution fiasco, when the “Stand your ground was for whites only” meme was being pushed, I did some looking and found a case in FLA where an ex-con was afforded the protection of Stand Your Ground, with the judge noting even an ex-con has the right to self-defense. That ex-con happened to be black, too. There was another, similar to that, wrt to a black man who appeared to be not quite currently upstanding at the time. I don’t know what the outcome was but it appeared he was winning it on STG defense at the time.

Dusty on September 10, 2013 at 7:42 PM

listens2glenn on September 10, 2013 at 7:37 PM

They be confuse ed…

No words for dear leader to postulate…

LMAO!

Scrumpy on September 10, 2013 at 7:45 PM

Silverman was funny, once, I believe sometime in 2004. They really dug deep for talent on this one.

Bishop on September 10, 2013 at 7:46 PM

Much funnier – a little ‘dated’ due to the events of the past 24 hours (it was posted yesterday)

Help Kickstart World War III!

Colbyjack on September 10, 2013 at 7:48 PM

for = from… blech… :)

Scrumpy on September 10, 2013 at 7:48 PM

Scrumpy on September 10, 2013 at 7:45 PM

I’m guessing it won’t take long for one of them to show up.

That “black NRA” title has got to be irresistible.

listens2glenn on September 10, 2013 at 7:49 PM

They really, really, really don’t like the idea that you can shoot the guy beating your head into the cement.

When he’s black-therefore-innocent.

Axe on September 10, 2013 at 7:50 PM

Yeah, putting aside the fact that Silverman is not funny and never has been, what is the point of this question? The NRA’s stated position is exactly what they seem to be wondering about. The NRA supports the right of every person of legal age, and not a felon, to own a gun.REGARDLESS OF RACE OR ANY OTHER FACTOR. That includes young black males of legal age. Silverman mentions a “fund” at the start to give people guns. When has the NRA ever advocating giving free guns to anyone? Maybe to Rifle clubs for safety classes but certainly not to individuals. I don’t know. In the 19th century did they give out gun free?

Rocks on September 10, 2013 at 7:51 PM

Colbyjack on September 10, 2013 at 7:48 PM

That’s funny!! :)

Scrumpy on September 10, 2013 at 7:52 PM

listens2glenn on September 10, 2013 at 7:49 PM

I have myself been AWOL, but these douchebags haven’t been seen in like forever!?

I am kinda perturbed, no, really, where the hell they at!! ;)

Scrumpy on September 10, 2013 at 7:54 PM

IF you have not watched the 2nd video…you must.

Hit the Youtube link and check out his other videos.

That guy’s the shit. (as my kids would say. )

CW on September 10, 2013 at 7:55 PM

Rocks on September 10, 2013 at 7:51 PM

Methinks that the ‘free guns’ reference was a parody perhaps on the ‘free’ obamaphone?? ;)

Anyhoo, it (the video) should DIE!!

Scrumpy on September 10, 2013 at 7:56 PM

MeanWhile,………………………………..

California lawmakers pass new semi-automatic weapons ban; measure now goes to governor for signature – @Reuters

23 mins ago from http://www.reuters.com by editor
==============================================

SACRAMENTO | Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:24pm EDT

canopfor on September 10, 2013 at 7:58 PM

Ha. It’s not the first time the low-info “we support minors illegally carrying firearms” crowd tried the topic here:

Now explain to us why large cities insist on making it so difficult for these poor and disaffected to defend themselves?

Right, because the NRA believes Trayvon would have been OK if he had just had a gun. Oh wait, they’ve made no such statement. The NRA isn’t interested in black gun ownership, humble your wig.

libfreeordie on July 18, 2013 at 1:46 PM

Humble your wigs, yo.

rogerb on September 10, 2013 at 7:59 PM

Rocks on September 10, 2013 at 7:51 PM

I can only imagine she’s refering to the folks taking up a collection to replace George Zimmerman’s gun that the police department refused to return to him. If that’s the case, well she’s waaaay off. But we knew that already…

ROCnPhilly on September 10, 2013 at 7:59 PM

Axe on September 10, 2013 at 7:50 PM

‘Cuz, like, um, ya know, getting punched in the face has never killed anyone…anyone at all. It was unreasonable of George Zimmerman not to continue to be beaten until he died.

Well, there is that guy in Manhattan, who was told ‘I hate white people,’ punched in the face by a black dude, AND DIED yesterday…

…but, he don’t count.

///

Resist We Much on September 10, 2013 at 8:01 PM

Silverman,needs to learn her P’s and Q’s on Gun Safety,
she’s lucky,she didn’t blow,whats left of her brains out!!!!!

canopfor on September 10, 2013 at 8:02 PM

Ya know,I wouldn’t trust Silverman,with scissors,….

…..jus say’n!!
(sarc)

canopfor on September 10, 2013 at 8:03 PM

I don’t see the point, but sure, why not. Considering anti-guns laws were typically designed to disarm minorities it could be useful. Oh, this is supposed to be a joke?

Well let’s examine this, shall we? What is the implication here of this so called joke? That those of us who support a right to bear arms should rethink that before scary blacks start taking that right seriously as well? That it’s bad idea to support a right to bear arms because scary blacks can arm themselves as well? Is that what this “joke” is trying to tell us here?

I swear, if these people were any less self aware they would forget to use a toilet when it came time to relive themselves.

NotCoach on September 10, 2013 at 8:04 PM

Help Kickstart World War III!

Colbyjack on September 10, 2013 at 7:48 PM

Thanks for posting that Colby’. AWESOME !

listens2glenn on September 10, 2013 at 8:04 PM

listens2glenn on September 10, 2013 at 7:49 PM

I am kinda perturbed, no, really, where the hell they at!! ;)

Scrumpy on September 10, 2013 at 7:54 PM

This is their kind of thread ….. I can’t believe they won’t show, before the evening’s done.

listens2glenn on September 10, 2013 at 8:07 PM

listens2glenn on September 10, 2013 at 8:07 PM

I don’t see how it is. It seems to me Sarah Silverman has outed herself as a racist. I don’ know what any silly troll can find to support in that. And they certainly won’t be honest and say they agree with her.

NotCoach on September 10, 2013 at 8:09 PM

listens2glenn on September 10, 2013 at 8:07 PM

NotCoach on September 10, 2013 at 8:09 PM

I figure they’ll apologize for her ….. something to the effect of “she missed her otherwise excellent point”, then proceed to tell us how private ownership of firearms is a detriment to society.

listens2glenn on September 10, 2013 at 8:12 PM

Am I the only one who thinks the Silverman video was all about Trayvon Martin?

Kafir on September 10, 2013 at 8:15 PM

Am I the only one who thinks the Silverman video was all about Trayvon Martin?

Kafir on September 10, 2013 at 8:15 PM

It was, bit the implication is also that if we don’t want the Trayvon Martins of the world armed we better give up our right to bear arms. Because, according to Sarah Silverman, all young black men are violent criminals.

NotCoach on September 10, 2013 at 8:17 PM

Funny or Die is nothing but a propaganda machine disguised as “comedy”.

It is the main reason I absolutely refuse to watch anything with Will Ferrell. He’s a commie dirtbag that bankrolled and founded this site to push his statist agenda.

ButterflyDragon on September 10, 2013 at 8:22 PM

NotCoach on September 10, 2013 at 8:17 PM

Wasn’t that sort of the overall (D) point when they explained that Zimmmerman shouldn’t have gotten out of his car while a black man was in the immediate area?

rogerb on September 10, 2013 at 8:24 PM

HEY ……. UrbanElitist !

……. libfreeordie !

……. verbaluce !

Where y’all hiding ?

listens2glenn on September 10, 2013 at 7:37 PM

…in someone’s crack!

KOOLAID2 on September 10, 2013 at 8:26 PM

T-MINUS,almost 30 minutes for USS Hopey/Changey to slam into
the UN Protected Syrian IceBergy!!

canopfor on September 10, 2013 at 8:25 PM

canopfor on September 10, 2013 at 8:27 PM

Help Kickstart World War III!

Colbyjack on September 10, 2013 at 7:48 PM

Colbyjack:Too F’n funny,thanks for posting, I needed a laugh!:)

canopfor on September 10, 2013 at 8:30 PM

Dam…..I didn’t realize black people couldn’t own guns.

roflmmfao

donabernathy on September 10, 2013 at 8:35 PM

NotCoach on September 10, 2013 at 8:09 PM

If you took a limousine-liberal’s politics and spread them out on the kitchen table, you’d see that “poor black people” need to be fed, clothed, and otherwise taken care of. I don’t mean “poor” as in broke. I mean poor Jim, let me pat you on the head. “Soft bigotry of low expectations” is right, if an understatement.

The disdain for “flyover country” is disdain for a bunch of sister-groping, drooling, banjo-pickin’ inbreds, no smarter than noble and righteously-indignant blacks, but inherently wicked.

All the people (themselves excepted) are children, there are good kids and bad kids, none of the kids should have guns — duh, and evil Rethuglicans manipulate and use the bad kids to maintain power with even more cliches wearing top-hats and running The Corporations™.

– All that leaves alone stupid cliches about “male and female,” where the hits just keep coming. :)

They are the most racially obsessed and bigoted people since the people I’m not supposed to compare them to. All they can see when they look at a person is the group that person belongs too.

Silverman, probably, actually believes she’s cool for making that stupid video.

Axe on September 10, 2013 at 8:44 PM

I’m just exhausted… I can’t argue with these morons anymore. I think this is part of their overall strategy; exhaust and wear down the populace with stupidity until they just give up…

PointnClick on September 10, 2013 at 8:48 PM

too (etc)

Axe on September 10, 2013 at 8:59 PM

As if young black men aren’t already armed and shooting people already.

This video is intended to be a minimally veiled threat.

Bring it, Homeslice. We’re ready.

Buck Turgidson on September 10, 2013 at 9:05 PM

stupid whore

Murphy9 on September 10, 2013 at 9:06 PM

Not gonna watch her. She’s disgusting.

S. D. on September 10, 2013 at 9:08 PM

stupid whore

Murphy9 on September 10, 2013 at 9:06 PM

She really is a talent-less pig.

slickwillie2001 on September 10, 2013 at 9:12 PM

“…or, just stop shootin’ innocent people.”

Face reality for once, why doncha? Also, stop physically attacking innocent people, when you have no reason to do it other than talkin’ yourself into identifying them as “creepy ass crackas.”

ExpressoBold on September 10, 2013 at 9:12 PM

Glock 23 Gen4, Crimson Trace, 4 magazines full of Speer Gold Dot 155 grain. Service in the United States Marine Corps, service (current) in the United States Army.

Unlike Zimmerman, I don’t lose sight of the objective, and I don’t walk blindly into a choke point to get blitzed. I neutralize threats. Period.

Come and get some, you ugly scrunt.

M240H on September 10, 2013 at 9:55 PM

If Silverman wasn’t an ignorant thug she might know that Democrats wrote original gun control laws to disarm their ex-slaves

DANEgerus on September 10, 2013 at 10:10 PM

IF you have not watched the 2nd video…you must.

Hit the Youtube link and check out his other videos.

That guy’s the shit. (as my kids would say. )

CW on September 10, 2013 at 7:55 PM

Yes, he is.

Midas on September 10, 2013 at 10:17 PM

Come and get some, you ugly scrunt.

M240H on September 10, 2013 at 9:55 PM

Thank you for your service, and your no-nonsense demeanor, sir. :)

I have 2 19′s, been looking at a 23 – I do like them.

Midas on September 10, 2013 at 10:18 PM

Funny or Die is nothing but a propaganda machine disguised as “comedy”.

ButterflyDragon on September 10, 2013 at 8:22 PM

Yep, Ferrell’s dead to me. I can’t see his gawping mug without wanting to punch it. Hard, and more than once.

Midas on September 10, 2013 at 10:21 PM

Sarah Silverman is a disgusting, vulgar, ignorant half-wit. I wouldn’t even consider watching her trash; there’s really no need. Her zero class style of “comedy” is as predictable and unpleasant to watch as an obama speech.

SteveThomas on September 10, 2013 at 10:35 PM

Sarah Silverman. Our two degrees of separation is that we had the same orthodontist. Shudder. I only hope that the good doctor adequately sterilized his hands after working on her foul mouth.

AH_C on September 10, 2013 at 10:49 PM

The latest in a long line of execrable anti-freedom videos from the left that invariably have someone waving a gun around with their finger on the trigger. Every. Time. I wonder if they do it just to annoy, or more likely unintentionally, to demonstrate why Darwin laughs at them.

bofh on September 10, 2013 at 10:54 PM

Wait, Alfonzo Rachel isn’t a Nats fan!

Lothar on September 11, 2013 at 2:50 AM

Funny or Die has to be the most grossly misnamed site on the Internet. It’s never funny, and it never dies.

Cylor on September 11, 2013 at 3:54 AM

Also, that response clip might be the most richly deserved intellectual beatdown I’ve seen all year.

Cylor on September 11, 2013 at 4:09 AM

Wait, Alfonzo Rachel isn’t a Nats fan!

Lothar on September 11, 2013 at 2:50 AM

nice try

WryTrvllr on September 11, 2013 at 5:56 AM

It’s sad. I find Sarah Silverman physically attractive. Pity the body has to hold such a dark and twisted soul.

Lsat Funny or Die video that was funny was their ad to get a Robocop Statue in Detroit.

The_Livewire on September 11, 2013 at 7:03 AM

Does she even know who and why the NRA was set up for?

Iblis on September 10, 2013 at 7:29 PM

Sometimes I wonder if the folks at Hot Air even know. Big 2nd Amendment win in Colorado and not a peep.

Hat Trick on September 11, 2013 at 8:03 AM

S.S. is one of the ruling class’ many vampy tramps. Her favorite “John” is the straw man and the elephant in this room isn’t Sarah’s demented ego, it’s her oppresion. Evil knows no color, and political correctness has been one of history’s most successful forms of oppression. By slander. It requires, and so far, achieves immediate subservience. It creates a natural byproduct as subtlety as constant phone bill, a second or servant/slave class.
The rebuttle here is easily marginalized by the elite ruling class. The “classiness” and wit he offers is really not appreciated from a servant, and mocking only goes one way. Down. Silverman brought a broad bladed knife to a public performance. Nowhere near her first time. Our shocked, offended response is met by our masters with, “Shut up second class citizen!” “Oh you people just have no sense of humor.”
We can mock ourselves of course. A Sarah Palin joke is acceptable even if you apparently barley possess the intelligence to wipe yourself (watch Silverman’s vid again). The ruling elite class demands people of actual character content (Palin, Bachman) to be destroyed through their political correctness. While baby killers and pedophiles (Goesnell, Kevin Jennings-former “safe” school czar),) are protected (you think Goesnell was their only butcher? He just got waaay too sloppy) and promoted (Jennings’ currently is a commanding general of the new Third Reich indoctrinating our children to be their future servants/slaves/rape victims)
I confess there isn’t a written law against me as a servant having a sense of humor at this time. But then given the history of our president, highest ranking member of the racist, baby killing, pedophile party, and his regard for written laws…
I’m sorry, did I say something wrong? I suffer tyranny poorly.

onomo on September 11, 2013 at 8:38 AM

She’s just pissed – her ex was in the news recently for something very amazing and she is jealous.

pencotron on September 11, 2013 at 10:50 AM

“Excuse me, but… Did Silverman just imply that all black people are criminals?”

That was my exact first thought on watching this video! So, what, black men (specifically – according to SS) should be denied their Second Amendment rights? Just more support for the true hypocrisy and racism that exists within the ranks of the elitist left!

ihasurnominashun on September 11, 2013 at 11:15 AM

Well, at least we now know the purchase price of a congress critter.

IrishEyes on September 11, 2013 at 12:59 PM

Dear Sarah.

Just because you’re a f$#*ing idiot that doesn’t know how to handle, use, clean or store a gun doesn’t mean that the rest of us don’t as well.

The Constitution (you know it, the document that the foundation of our government was based on?) clearly states that the right to bear arms shall not be infringed. That statement does not designate a color, so why are you?

Blacks, whites, browns, yellows, blues, reds….they can all register, take a class, learn how to handle a weapon and own one should they so choose.

You just need to get over yourself and stop thinking that anyone really cares what you think. They like you better when you pretend to be someone else on screen. Never forget that.

Sincerely,

Americans for Freedom as it was meant

Sponge on September 11, 2013 at 1:54 PM