Jackass supernova: Weiner and Lawrence O’Donnell battle for nearly 15 minutes

posted at 12:01 pm on September 10, 2013 by Allahpundit

They’re well matched. One’s an obnoxious hard-left attention-seeker whom nobody likes, and the other’s Anthony Weiner.

Fifteen minutes is a lot to ask but trust me when I tell you that the second clip’s more enjoyable than the first. This is the most entertaining vid you’ll watch online today — with the possible exception of Weiner’s concession speech, which should go live sometime around 9 p.m. ET and which, with nothing left to lose, may finally see him drop all pretenses of candidate decorum. (Fingers crossed!) Ace thinks Scary Larry’s belligerence is being driven by Democratic servility to the Clintons, with O’Donnell doing his part to neutralize an “unhelpful” storyline regarding Her Majesty’s star aide before 2016. I don’t know. If you’re going to ceremonially banish a guy from public life, logically you’d want the banisher to be less of an insufferable jackhole than the banishee. Right? To get the audience to condone ritual shaming, you need them to identify with the shamer. Watch the clips and tell me: By the time this car crash is over, is there anyone who doesn’t like Weiner more than O’Donnell?

Even worse is that Weiner, because he’s quick on his feet and unpredictable, is better on TV than Larry is. Check him out at the start of clip two freezing O’Donnell in his tracks by asking why he has such a desperate need to be on television. Coming soon to MSNBC: “The Last Word with Anthony Weiner”?

Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

Comments

Two dicks arguing = cock fight?

myiq2xu on September 10, 2013 at 12:03 PM

Two losers: Weiner has no voters; O’Donnell has no viewers.

bw222 on September 10, 2013 at 12:04 PM

God damn!!

I love the sound of 2 Leftists making AZZES of themselves
in the Morning!

ToddPA on September 10, 2013 at 12:05 PM

What concession speech? 7% Weiner is not only convinced that he’s going to win, he thinks he is going to serve 2 terms!

From Meet The Press on Sunday:

‘From the moment go, I was waging this campaign on a bet. And the bet was basically that I know that people have embarrassing things they will hear about me and did know about me in my background, but I also knew that I had the best ideas and I’d be the best mayor for the city.

So before we do postmortems on what happens if I lose, let’s have the campaign and let’s see if I win. And then we’ll move forward from there. And after I serve two terms, perhaps we can have that conversation.’

But, I have to say, we have some ‘Must See TV’ tonight between President Pretzel and The Weiner.

Resist We Much on September 10, 2013 at 12:06 PM

If Anthony Weiner had a brother, he’d look like Lawrence O’Donnell.

22044 on September 10, 2013 at 12:07 PM

First comment is the thread winner, but my contribution for second place:

Didn’t Oasis do a song about this a few years back?

mwbri on September 10, 2013 at 12:07 PM

God damn!!

I love the sound of 2 Leftists making AZZES of themselves
in the Morning!

ToddPA on September 10, 2013 at 12:05 PM

….Sounds like….Victory.

I took a poetic license with this movie quote…

Anyone who does not know this Movie quote?
Look it up.

ToddPA on September 10, 2013 at 12:07 PM

sounds like Weiner just got himself a tv gig. probably not his goal when he started his campaign but it will pay him nicely and allow him the right kind of “exposure” for a few years and then he’ll be back in politics.

chasdal on September 10, 2013 at 12:09 PM

Weiner career move: MSNBC talk show host?

John E. on September 10, 2013 at 12:11 PM

One stooge short of the Three Stooges.

fogw on September 10, 2013 at 12:11 PM

Just like the Syria situation, there is not a “Good Guy” in this fight.

kingsjester on September 10, 2013 at 12:12 PM

Mutual jackassassination; sort of like mutual jackassturbation, but the pleasure is mostly derived from the belittlement of your partner.

M240H on September 10, 2013 at 12:12 PM

Sorry guys, there’s a reason why girl fights are fun to watch, but this would have to be the ugliest girl fight ever.

(With profound apologies to the fighting abilities of the prissiest girls out there.)

questionmark on September 10, 2013 at 12:14 PM

Weiner wouldn’t have had to put up with any of that it he had gone on a conservative talk show.

They’d have been nice as pie.

Meremortal on September 10, 2013 at 12:14 PM

Oh God, how to even caption this? I’m speechless, but entertained.

Schadenfreude on September 10, 2013 at 12:16 PM

Weiner would make a fantastic replacement for Carney.

Schadenfreude on September 10, 2013 at 12:16 PM

O’Donnell is and has always been an, well you know…Is Weiner terrified that he may have to get a real job after this train wreck? Of course that may not be possible. I can’t believe the Dems will continue to bankroll this turd.

major dad on September 10, 2013 at 12:17 PM

I love the fact that Weiner is referring to the disgrace that forced him from Congress as “time off from government.” As if he were on a sabatical or something instead of sending pictures of his junk to high school girls.

And to call what Weiner did “online behavior” is being too nice.

Happy Nomad on September 10, 2013 at 12:19 PM

Mayhem in the playpen!

questionmark on September 10, 2013 at 12:21 PM

not watching it, ill just take your word for it.

phatfawzi on September 10, 2013 at 12:21 PM

Maybe Weiner can join Olbermann’s show on ESPN2.

22044 on September 10, 2013 at 12:21 PM

I nearly lost it hearing Weiner tell O’Donnell to “chillax”.

JetBoy on September 10, 2013 at 12:21 PM

Keith Olbermann should have ran for Mayor.

meci on September 10, 2013 at 12:22 PM

M240H on September 10, 2013 at 12:12 PM

LOL, sounds like all of Chris Matthews’ Obama-licking episodes. And all of mfng’s posts the last couple of days.

Midas on September 10, 2013 at 12:22 PM

Best response: Why do you have such a desperate need to be in politics after you were literally kicked out by your own party. And don’t give me that you have changed crap! The same behavior that got you kicked out the first time you were infamously caught doing again.

Blake on September 10, 2013 at 12:23 PM

Who you voting for, Allahpundit?

I guess this is just the primary so I don’t know who you are allowed to vote for. But if I were a registered donk, I’d vote for Weiner. He’s so funny…

Blake on September 10, 2013 at 12:24 PM

i was rooting for Weiner-thats how much i hate O’donnell.

gerrym51 on September 10, 2013 at 12:24 PM

Painful.

Pork-Chop on September 10, 2013 at 12:28 PM

Huma isn’t coming back, is she?

ctmom on September 10, 2013 at 12:29 PM

Let me get this straight:

Larry O’Donnell thinks there’s something wrong with Wiener because Wiener is a career politician who has never held a job in the private sector, and seems to be unemployable (for the record, I agree).

Has it dawned on LOD that the exact same thing is true of 0bama?

UltimateBob on September 10, 2013 at 12:29 PM

“Public service”

LOL.

Man … that first video was torture to watch. Dull and stupid. I’m a bit scared to venture into the second vid. I know I was assured it’s hysterical, but … I don’t know.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on September 10, 2013 at 12:30 PM

Did I actually hear correctly that Weiner said “the lotion that I knobbied”?

steebo77 on September 10, 2013 at 12:30 PM

Did I actually hear correctly that Weiner said “the lotion that I knobbied”?

steebo77 on September 10, 2013 at 12:30 PM

I heard the same thing @ 1:50 in the 2nd video.

CapnObvious on September 10, 2013 at 12:35 PM

To answer Weiner’s question at the beginning of the 2nd clip… because he’s blonde?

The Nerve on September 10, 2013 at 12:36 PM

Loved every minute of that!

And at the end, Weiner takes the walk of shame over to FOX. Icing on a cake left out in the rain…

patman77 on September 10, 2013 at 12:36 PM

I’m going with ‘Hate Less’.

BigWyo on September 10, 2013 at 12:37 PM

I lived through the second clip. Can’t say I laughed much. Meh.

I’m surprised that Weiner didn’t moon the camera. He’s showing some incredible restraint. He’ll have to don a raincoat … just a raincoat … and hit the local park to unload some of the tension.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on September 10, 2013 at 12:37 PM

What is wrong with me that I care so much for the issues I fight for every day? GAG!

Happy Nomad on September 10, 2013 at 12:37 PM

Ironically, Weiner would be the least leftist of all the candidates, but the douchy personality and sick exhibitionism ends up being his undoing.

22044 on September 10, 2013 at 12:40 PM

O’Donnell could really use a laugh track or applause track or something. Too much dead air floating around.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on September 10, 2013 at 12:40 PM

2 girls dicks, 1 cup show.

portlandon on September 10, 2013 at 12:41 PM

2 girls dickz, 1 cup show.

portlandon on September 10, 2013 at 12:41 PM

O’Donnell should not have challenged Carlos Danger.

ziggyville on September 10, 2013 at 12:42 PM

“I know what I am but what are you.”

onomo on September 10, 2013 at 12:45 PM

Horshack for the win….

equanimous on September 10, 2013 at 12:46 PM

The Nerve on September 10, 2013 at 12:36 PM

LMAO!

Speaking of Blondes…. ever see the Blonde Corn Maze?

It’s a single stalk.

ToddPA on September 10, 2013 at 12:47 PM

I have no respect for Anthony Weiner but O’Donnell accomplished what I thought was impossible, he made me have sympathy for Weiner. Why bring someone on your show as a guest to degrade and demean them?

Hera on September 10, 2013 at 12:53 PM

Can you imagine working for this arrogant ass? [viewers choice which one I'm referring to]

Happy Nomad on September 10, 2013 at 12:55 PM

Why bring someone on your show as a guest to degrade and demean them?

Hera on September 10, 2013 at 12:53 PM

It was a legitimate question that Weiner never answered.

Happy Nomad on September 10, 2013 at 12:55 PM

Sorry, I couldn’t get through the first clip. Weiner is definitely the more intelligent of the two. My response to O’Donnell would have been, “who the F#@& are you, you’re not my father!” What a moron! This is an actual TV show? On a “major” network? Nah! Really? This guy should be banned for life from ever hosting a live program again. (Now, I’m going to be sick! Thanks!)

Boats48 on September 10, 2013 at 12:57 PM

I can’t watch it but I have to ask if it came to a happy ending

jaywemm on September 10, 2013 at 1:01 PM

that was so awkward to watch. weiner knows that everything o’donnell is saying is true and yet he won’t admit it. it’s so awkward to watch how delusional he is and how he’s telling such big and obvious lies to himself right there on camera where anyone can see him. the best part was when he said “you mean after i serve two terms?” but all the insults going back and forth were HILARIOUS though!! oh and the creepy way they laughed at each other too. this was definitely entertaining!

Sachiko on September 10, 2013 at 1:04 PM

I actually think Weiner would be a great MSNBC on-air personality. No, this isn’t snark. That’s his future, if he wants it…

joejm65 on September 10, 2013 at 1:08 PM

Who is this guy? Does he have a TV show?

acyl72 on September 10, 2013 at 1:10 PM

I’m visualizing two peke-a-poos yapping at each other.

No, sorry. That would be an insult to peke-a-poos.

cheers

eon

eon on September 10, 2013 at 1:10 PM

I can’t watch it but I have to ask if it came to a happy ending

jaywemm on September 10, 2013 at 1:01 PM

No, there was no “money shot”

ToddPA on September 10, 2013 at 1:26 PM

Lawrence O’Donnell has done the impossible by making Weiner seem almost a sympathetic character here. Wow. Oh, I still think Weiner’s vile but if you watched this video without knowing anything about the two or the circumstances prior you would definitely find O’Donnell to be the most obnoxious of the two.

cynccook on September 10, 2013 at 1:39 PM

There are certain things I will not indulge because of potential to damage cerebral synaptic structure and function. Watching these two mental midgets talk at one another is a perfect example of what I forbid myself to witness. In some circles this might be considered torture.

Missilengr on September 10, 2013 at 1:40 PM

You have to admit Weiner is one tough bastard.

Albeit – wrapped in an idiot suit.

jake-the-goose on September 10, 2013 at 1:43 PM

That was the best thing I’ve watched in a long time.

youknowit on September 10, 2013 at 1:47 PM

Someone musta flushed da bowl and these 2 turds are just ride’n the swirl yell’n yippie-ki-yay

roflmmfao

donabernathy on September 10, 2013 at 1:53 PM

lol thanks for sharing this AP….this really has made my day..cracking up over here

sadsushi on September 10, 2013 at 1:54 PM

On balance, I thought Weiner was better and is more intelligent than O’Donnell…an admittedly low bar. I agree with a commentator above that Weiner could do a better job of TV Host than O´Donnell…better than Spitzer too. Of course, he has a couple of major drawback..his politics and his…proclivities…

Blaise on September 10, 2013 at 1:55 PM

If Weiner gets a talk show, the Tweet of the Day should not be a feature. Just sayin’.

22044 on September 10, 2013 at 1:58 PM

Lose or lose, Weiner has accomplished what he set out to do: Keep control of his campaign funds. If he hadn’t run he would have to return all his funds to the government. By running he can donate some of them to OTHER politicians and they would owe him favors! Watch out for Anthony Weiner, assistant, deputy, vice-chairman of the border security advisory board. Its that or asking “do you want fries with that burger?”

Fred 2 on September 10, 2013 at 2:02 PM

God, Lawrence O’Donnell has one of the most punchable faces I’ve ever seen.

Red Cloud on September 10, 2013 at 2:08 PM

The worst thing about this guy that needs to be brought up his the fact that he is able to lie without a hint of shame.

At least when Pelosi is there lying you see her blink rapidly.

THAT shameless lying is the real reason Weiner and Obama are unworthy of office.

Please post the Weiner lying interview again.

GardenGnome on September 10, 2013 at 2:09 PM

Maybe this has been a massive audition for a Weiner Cable show. He used to fight to get on Hannity.

Iblis on September 10, 2013 at 2:16 PM

What i find strange is Larry O’Donnell saying sending pictures of your junk is just standard American photography.

Ansel Adams must be thinking, hey why didn’t i think of that?

HumpBot Salvation on September 10, 2013 at 2:39 PM

One dumb ass talking to another dumb ass

Yawn

Redford on September 10, 2013 at 2:51 PM

It’s a good thing that they are in different cities. Two narcissits sucking in all that oxygen while being in the same room would have surely killed everyone else and possibly themselves.

shick on September 10, 2013 at 2:58 PM

I nearly lost it hearing Weiner tell O’Donnell to “chillax”.

JetBoy on September 10, 2013 at 12:21 PM

He didn’t really?? Oh dear. This might actually be worth watching later at home.

What a pair of clowns only the liberals could birth. :/

kim roy on September 10, 2013 at 3:21 PM

Wow. Two nuts arguing.

terryannonline on September 10, 2013 at 3:41 PM

Just the title of this piece lets my imagination have fun.

Will watch it later for the giggles.

Texyank on September 10, 2013 at 3:44 PM

Weiner is a lousy husband and a hack politician, but he came out FAR better than O’Donnell here, who re-confirmed what a nasty piece of work he is.

Throat Wobbler Mangrove on September 10, 2013 at 3:52 PM

A showcase of Leftist stupid.

WhatSlushfund on September 10, 2013 at 4:10 PM

**********Delusional Weiner DemoTard *************************!!

canopfor on September 10, 2013 at 4:40 PM

Gimme a break here….. A commie like Larry Odonnell was a Weiner butt boy PRE-SEXTING – what a load of crap he and MSNBS want to jump on the Wiener….
Do Not Forget – Weiner was a Liberal ProgTard Hero back in the day….before hormones
Fair weather Libtards…who woulda thunk it !

FlaMurph on September 10, 2013 at 5:07 PM

Jackass supernova: Weiner and Lawrence O’Donnell battle for nearly 15 minutes

–Allahpundit

Couldn’t have worded it better.

listens2glenn on September 10, 2013 at 5:12 PM

Weiner could have an accident causing him to be declared brain-dead and he could come on the show and talk rings around O’Donnell. I can see him running for office down the road, maybe 4 years, and winning.

If he went into MSNBC tomorrow and asked them to give him O’Donnell’s show or slot, there’s a good probability he’d get it. I think he ought to do it.

Dusty on September 10, 2013 at 5:18 PM

Public service in elected office stopped being a “virtue” a longggggg … time ago.

Anyone who claims to have “labored long and hard, for the people during my many years in public service” is (with very few exceptions) a damn liar.

listens2glenn on September 10, 2013 at 5:29 PM

So…what are the oddsmakers on Intrade placing on whether or not Weiner will expose himself on national tv with his concession speech tonight?

kscheuller on September 10, 2013 at 5:39 PM

AP – Dennis Miller mentioned this very post on his show this morning. He, and I, found your title for it, “Jackass supernova” LOL delicious on its face. You are a genious.

kscheuller on September 10, 2013 at 5:46 PM

joejm65 on September 10, 2013 at 1:08 PM

…sitting on Ed Shultz’s lap?

KOOLAID2 on September 10, 2013 at 7:47 PM

joejm65 on September 10, 2013 at 1:08 PM

…sitting on Ed Shultz’s lap?

KOOLAID2 on September 10, 2013 at 7:47 PM

Uhhh … reverse the roles.

listens2glenn on September 10, 2013 at 9:28 PM

2nd Video @ 1:48

Wiener “the lotion that I knobbied…”

Oh my! Thankfully there have been no leaked photos…yet…

TheAudacityofNOPE on September 11, 2013 at 7:56 PM