Quotes of the day

posted at 10:01 pm on September 5, 2013 by Allahpundit

Sen. John McCain, whose endorsement of President Barack Obama’s plan to launch military strikes against Syria provided the president a key Republican backer, faced vocal opponents of military action during a town hall in Arizona Thursday…

“We didn’t send you to make war for us. We sent you to stop the war,” one man said to applause…

“This is what I think of Congress,” [another man] told McCain. “They are a bunch of marshmallows. That’s what they are. That’s what they’ve become. Why are you not listening to the people and staying out of Syria? It’s not our fight.”

***

Federal lawmakers who plan to vote in favor of a U.S. military strike against Syria “might as well start cleaning out” their office, U.S. Rep. Justin Amash said Thursday.

Amash, R-Cascade Township, tweeted that the “unprecedented level of public opposition” to military intervention in the country should beg for dissenting votes…

The sophomore lawmaker, whose mother was born in Syria, estimated 95 percent of those who turned out at meetings throughout his district were opposed to intervention.

***

Paul’s friends say the role of leading this bloc is a natural one for the Republican freshman. They also believe that the Syria question gives him an opportunity to dismantle his critics’ caricature of his libertarian views. His team is eager to cast Paul as an heir to Ronald Reagan, who, they argue, was frequently reluctant to involve the U.S. military in foreign civil wars. “It’s about reclaiming the party from hawks and putting us back in the mode of Reagan,” says a Paul source. “As we do that, we want to help him, so we’re pushing back really hard against the isolationism chatter. That’s not what he’s about; he’s about non-intervention and the national interest.”…

Moving ahead, Paul’s aides say the senator will spend more of his time working the inside angle against intervention. In the House, he’s working closely with Thomas Massie of Kentucky and Justin Amash of Michigan to lobby Republicans to oppose. In the Senate, he hopes to have Rubio, Ted Cruz of Texas, and Mike Lee of Utah, among others, at his side. On the outside, several tea-party groups and conservative powers, such as Heritage Action, share Paul’s position, but Paul believes his time is best spent working the phones and, when appropriate, speaking with the press. “The outside stuff is organic and not being directed by us,” says the Paul adviser. “We didn’t have to organize it; it’s happening on its own.”

Paul’s staff sees the House vote in July on Amash’s amendment to restrict the National Security Agency’s surveillance capabilities as a precedent for the kind of coalition Paul is trying to build. On that vote, liberal doves joined with Paul-aligned Republicans to nearly pass the legislation. Paul feels that if he and Amash can get that band back together, they have a shot at beating Boehner in the House and then forcing Obama’s hand. Maybe they can even get close to doing something similar in the Senate. It won’t be easy, but this is Paul’s moment, and he’s trying to make the most of it.

***

“What you have occurring is the first real policy engagement between a resurgent realist foreign policy worldview lead by Sen. Paul, versus the interventionist McCain and Graham wing which has been dominant in the party since 9/11,” said one Paul ally familiar with the senator’s thinking. “The debate on foreign policy and the appropriate use of U.S. military power was going to be happening at some point, but it is now happening in a case that creates an excellent opportunity for Sen. Paul.”…

If the measure fails in the House, Paul is likely to get a big piece of the credit/blame — particularly since House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) and House Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-Va.) have come out in support of the resolution.

“Success for Sen. Paul on this will be demonstrating there are a larger number of Republicans, both elected and policy experts, who agree with his assessment of the situation as it relates to our national interests, the strategic objectives, and the potential consequences,” said the Paul source.

***

Other voices in the party are growing louder in their opposition. Sarah Palin, who defended the war in Iraq as McCain’s running mate in 2008, posted a Facebook message on Syria that declared Americans should just let “Allah sort it out.”

Sen. Ted Cruz, a Texas Republican, has questions about the motives of the Syrian opposition fighting against the government there. He said the airstrikes against Syrian President Bashar al-Assad would turn the U.S. military into “al Qaeda’s Air Force.”…

Nowhere is that tension more obvious than with Sen. Marco Rubio, the Florida Republican and another potential 2016 presidential candidate, who seems torn between McCain and Paul on the issue.

***

Rubio made clear that he did not support any U.S. military action in Syria. “We’re not talking about American troops on the ground,” he said. “We’re not talking about U.S. air power, we’re not talking about sending American soldiers or even American trainers into Syria. We’re talking about providing ammunition. That’s all we’re talking about doing.”

Rubio’s office also pointed to a long list of statements going back to 2011 in which Rubio advocated a variety of measures against Syria — mostly sanctions against the Assad regime — but not any sort of U.S. military action. “I describe Rubio’s foreign policy as being somewhere in between Rand Paul and John McCain,” said one aide Wednesday. “He’s not an isolationist, but he’s very cautious about engaging militarily overseas.” Rubio’s committee vote on Wednesday against the Obama intervention resolution, the aide said, is entirely consistent with Rubio’s long-held positions.

***

On the other hand, let’s imagine that things play out differently. Let’s imagine the political winds shift, as they often do (think about how bad Hillary’s vote for Iraq looked a couple years later). What if Republicans return to a more traditional (at least, in modern terms) position on foreign affairs, and suddenly they crave a strong Commander in Chief who puts dictators in line?

If that happens, New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie — who is already perfectly-cast to play the role of a strong executive who puts other countries back in line — will remind voters that his opponents allowed a dictator to use chemical weapons – and didn’t do anything about it…

If the establishment hawks and the neocons circle the wagons around Christie — if he is able to “own” that brand and have it all to himself — one imagines that would translate into a lot of money and support for Christie. It’s one way he could emerge as the lone establishment candidate. Christie would love that, inasmuch as we could see a repeat of 2008 and 2012, where conservatives split the vote and allowed an establishment candidate to win the nomination.

***

“Right now, the easy Republican vote looks like the vote against Obama,” said Michael Goldfarb, a neoconservative lobbyist and writer. “Ten days from now, a vote against Obama could look like a vote for Assad, especially if Republicans succeed in blocking U.S. action, and Assad goes on to prevail, having used chemical weapons, with Iran at his side.”

Mr. Goldfarb’s message to Congressional Republicans is this: “Voting to let an Iranian proxy keep killing his own people with weapons of mass destruction may be as risky as it sounds.”…

“Isolationist tendencies don’t do well in American politics over the long run,” Mr. Senor said.

***

This was once a great land that asked not what oppressed people could do for themselves; it asked, instead, what we could do for them. Today, every urge to rescue others, to intervene on the side of the murdered underdogs, is met by many in this country with accusations of imperialism. Our loss of righteous strength—strength that was once this country’s greatest asset—is now celebrated by many Americans, including those who write for this publication: in tones that are akin to ululation, David Stockman, who once worked for the Reagan White House, celebrates the end of America’s “Imperium,” of the “American warfare state.” As someone who has elected to live in this country by moral choice, I say to Stockman (in echo of Kipling): … what should they know of America who only America know?

How did we come to this state? I refer not only to the Stockmans (who, mercifully, are of no political consequence), but also to Rep. Rand Paul, who will not do the right thing by innocent Syrians because he wishes to cut Barack Obama not an inch of slack. Rand Paul is a hideous isolationist. I happen to be rereading The Bonfire of the Vanities, and early in the book a bond trader called Rawlie Thorpe tells Sherman McCoy, the novel’s central character, “If you want to live in New York, you’ve got to insulate, insulate, insulate”—meaning, insulate yourself from anyone who might cause you discomfort, inconvenience, a moment’s moral reckoning. “If you could go breezing down the FDR Drive in a taxi, then why file into the trenches of the urban wars?” Rand Paul, meet Rawlie Thorpe.

***

Via Mediaite.

***

Via MFP.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

Resist We Much on September 5, 2013 at 11:19 PM

Grasping at straws, that little man.

Soon, he will run out of straws.

Oh, mnjg?

Well, I suppose.

I was thinking of Obama.

coldwarrior on September 5, 2013 at 11:23 PM

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on September 5, 2013 at 11:19 PM

I love my revolver-but it’s got a big imprint. Kinda hard to CC a revolver in the west Texas heat. A semi is less obvious.

annoyinglittletwerp on September 5, 2013 at 11:23 PM

Red lines.

pic.twitter.com/a9eB5iExBY

Bruce MacMahon on September 5, 2013 at 11:24 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on September 5, 2013 at 11:14 PM

And if you want something more elegant, go for an EAA Witness. Very nice. Around $330 for the compact polymer model. Less kick than regular semis since it’s a CZ-75 type slide-in-frame model. Also, very accurate.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on September 5, 2013 at 11:24 PM

My fellow Americans, ask not what you can do for Axe, ask what Axe can do for you.

SparkPlug on September 5, 2013 at 11:25 PM

Drowning On Dry Land – Buchanan

thatsafactjack on September 5, 2013 at 11:26 PM

Ok you don’t have to be a big Bjork fan like me to like this song

Björk – Isobel

SparkPlug on September 5, 2013 at 11:27 PM

I’m thinking of adding a semi to my arsenal. I’m petite w/ out a lot of upper body strength. I also want to spend less than 400 $$$$.
Suggestions?

annoyinglittletwerp on September 5, 2013 at 11:14 PM

semi what? Pistol or rifle?
My wife has a Ruger LCP (.380), small, very concealable, but it bites/kicks a bit because its so small. But only about $300 ballpark.
I really like Glocks for semi-auto, well built, dependable, and mags are totally interchangeable within caliber.

For semi-auto rifles, my wife just bought a Ruger 10-22. She couldn’t pass up the purple laminated wood stock…..

dentarthurdent on September 5, 2013 at 11:27 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on September 5, 2013 at 11:23 PM

I see. You’re probably thinking of smaller guns than the ones I recommended. Lots of people like the Ruger LCP/LC9. I’m not so hot on them since they’re so small that the kick can be a bit whippy. They need extra backstraps, too, since the trigger pull is about 3.7 feet long :) But … cost is low – $300 – $400 with laser. Lots of other people like them.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on September 5, 2013 at 11:27 PM

The biggest winner if we do not strike the Assad terrorist regime will be every enemy of the US because they will be greatly emboldened…

mnjg

There you go projecting again, assuming that everyone else in the world is a dumb as you. Meanwhile, back in the REAL world, no one is going to assume they can now do what they want simply because the U.S. decided against wasting a few missiles in Syria to make Obama feel good about himself. People in positions of power don’t get there by being dumb like you.

xblade on September 5, 2013 at 11:28 PM

SparkPlug on September 5, 2013 at 11:22 PM

So that’s where Miley Cyrus got her hairstyle…

Barred on September 5, 2013 at 11:28 PM

LOL — all right, don’t be funny. :) Some of us are trying to mostly ignore you so we can work, and it’s mostly working.

Axe on September 5, 2013 at 11:22 PM

Mostly?

Do I need to get one of my hypnotising, evil eyes out and stare you down into submission?

By the way, have you seen MSNBC having orgasms today over ‘dominant’ Obama staring down Putin?

LMFAO! Yeah, Putin withdrew into a small, quiet, inner room and bawled his bloody eyes out or something.

In the real world, however, it went down like this:

Former community organiser tries to stare down former colonel in the KGB…and fails miserably.

Resist We Much on September 5, 2013 at 11:28 PM

A semi is less obvious.

annoyinglittletwerp on September 5, 2013 at 11:23 PM

Heh. :)

— OK, I apologize for that right there.

Axe on September 5, 2013 at 11:28 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on September 5, 2013 at 11:23 PM

Is it a big revolver? I just got a S&W Model 60 (.357Magnum or .38Special) that I use for CC. It’s a small fram, 5 shot, fairly lightweight, doesn’t kick much with 38Special, but kicks hard with .357Magnum.

dentarthurdent on September 5, 2013 at 11:32 PM

I’m left-handed. Does that make a difference w/ a semi?

annoyinglittletwerp on September 5, 2013 at 11:32 PM

The Heat of the Battle – Buchanan

thatsafactjack on September 5, 2013 at 11:32 PM

dentarthurdent on September 5, 2013 at 11:32 PM

I’ve got a S&W .38 Special. Texas just got rid of its CHL qualifications-so I can start carrying a semi w/ out getting re-certified.

annoyinglittletwerp on September 5, 2013 at 11:34 PM

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on September 5, 2013 at 11:27 PM

Ya, my wife has an LCP that she’s still trying to get control of. Very concealable, and only cost us $315 (no laser). I already put a Hogue grip on it to help with the grip, as well as a mag grip extension to get the pinky in on the grip, but it does “bite”.
I wouldn’t quite say she likes it yet….

dentarthurdent on September 5, 2013 at 11:35 PM

Suggestions?

annoyinglittletwerp on September 5, 2013 at 11:14 PM

Read HERE., then buy a Glock.
It’ll cost you more than $400, but not very much more – maybe $500-$550. Glocks are light, extremely reliable, extremely durable and accurate. They’re also easy to take care of – you can take them apart and put them back together in seconds for cleaning and maintenance.

justltl on September 5, 2013 at 11:35 PM

I think we’re looking at a Cruz/Martinez ticket or a Paul/Martinez ticket. I really think that’s what’s going to happen.

bluegill on September 5, 2013 at 11:37 PM

This one is for you, annoyinglittletwerp… :-)

coldwarrior on September 5, 2013 at 11:37 PM

I’m left-handed. Does that make a difference w/ a semi?

annoyinglittletwerp on September 5, 2013 at 11:32 PM

Not really, except you might want one with a reversible mag release, and the shells will be somewhat flying past your face as you’re shooting…. – Unless you can find a left-handed semi

dentarthurdent on September 5, 2013 at 11:38 PM

Can I Change My Mind? – Buchanan

thatsafactjack on September 5, 2013 at 11:38 PM

Mostly?

Ha! — Um, I haven’t gotten to play with you for two weeks. :) I’ll let you guess the answer to this question.

In the real world, however, it went down like this:

Resist We Much on September 5, 2013 at 11:28 PM

No, occupied. But now I want to. :) I’ll go surf a minute. I want to see that. Missed most of today, actually.

. . . going to be a long night I see.

Insert groan.

Axe on September 5, 2013 at 11:38 PM

[xblade on September 5, 2013 at 11:28 PM]

So true. Anyone who thinks that they can take advantage of an internal spat here, will learn a severe lesson if they start messing with what we do think are our national interests.

Dusty on September 5, 2013 at 11:38 PM

bluegill on September 5, 2013 at 11:37 PM

I live less than an hour east of the TX/NM border. There are lots of NM’ers that work in Lubbock. There’s a reason for that.
They’re not impressed by SM. I’m not impressed either.

annoyinglittletwerp on September 5, 2013 at 11:40 PM

Read HERE., then buy a Glock.

justltl on September 5, 2013 at 11:35 PM

Mega dittos!!
I’ve got 2 – absolutely love em.
And if you’re not in a commie gun control state, you can get 33 round mags for the 9mm models (which I got before Colorado went NannyBloomy on us).

dentarthurdent on September 5, 2013 at 11:40 PM

A generation of dummies…why we are at this point.

At the end, we need more, but legal ones, and the education system in the US needs to be destroyed…but it might already be too late.

Yes, yes, it’s on topic. All is.

Btw, there will be a huuuuuge war in Syria. Valerie Jarrett, the muzzie cow, and obama/Hillary will have lots of US blood on their hands, and you will blow away lots and lots of treasure, for obama’s muzzie brothers.

The biggest moron on HA are not the absent trolls. It’s the msng idiot.

Schadenfreude on September 5, 2013 at 11:40 PM

My sister has one. It definitely needs something to enlarge the grip. I got her a Hogue grip (just a rubber cover, but it makes a big difference) but the trigger pull is still a bit too much for me to even like shooting it. I can only fit two fingers on the grip and that gun wants to hop all over the place. I think it would be much better with very light loaded ammo … but I don’t load .380, so she’s on her own.

I wouldn’t quite say she likes it yet….

dentarthurdent on September 5, 2013 at 11:35 PM

Well, it’s about as concealable as they get … I guess that counts for something. I’m no fan of them. The grip extension probably helps a lot, though.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on September 5, 2013 at 11:43 PM

dentarthurdent on September 5, 2013 at 11:40 PM

To a Texan…gun control means good trigger control.

annoyinglittletwerp on September 5, 2013 at 11:43 PM

This congressman, a Marine, withdrew his support. He said that in the closed door meetings the congress/senate are being lied to and Dempsey keeps saying “we don’t know”. Plus, his active duty Marines and Soldiers have no clue what the mission will be and don’t want to go.

I can tell you, though, a big war will start soon, maybe even bef. the congress gets to vote. I predict the senate idiots will vote for but the House will fail to pass. However, the votes are irrelevant. Jarrett will be pleased.

These are obama’s buddies.

Schadenfreude on September 5, 2013 at 11:45 PM

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on September 5, 2013 at 11:43 PM

The grip extension helps – I can get all my fingers on it, and shoot it fairly well. My wife is also still working through the long trigger pull. She has a tendancy to push it down, so she hits the dirt in front of the target a lot. But she’s gettin there with practice.
Like one of my retired Army co-wrkers said – “it’s a belly gun” for self-defense – not made to be fun to shoot.

dentarthurdent on September 5, 2013 at 11:47 PM

o/t

Old & Busted:

‘Think of an economy where people could be an artist or a photographer or a writer without worrying about keeping their day job in order to have health insurance.’

- Nancy Pelosi, 2010

New Hotness:

REPORT: Artists, photographers, writers to lose coverage under Obamacare…

Can’t. Make. It. Up.

Resist We Much on September 5, 2013 at 11:47 PM

It’s not as though sleazy Eric Holder gives more of a damn about the following the Constitution than Barky….

viking01 on September 5, 2013 at 11:47 PM

To a Texan…gun control means good trigger control.

annoyinglittletwerp on September 5, 2013 at 11:43 PM

You betcha….
And Colorado used be like that, unfortunately too many NannyBloomy types in Colorado now…

dentarthurdent on September 5, 2013 at 11:48 PM

I think Allahpundit nailed it when he posited that Obama will have this war regardless of the congressional vote.

As he said, if the Senate approves the resolution ( 51 votes and a handful of Republicans to call it ‘bipartisan’) but it doesn’t pass the House, Obama will declare that the recalcitrant congress is hopelessly gridlocked again and, for the best interest of this nation, he must act unilaterally. He will maintain that the ‘imminent threat’ which is necessary for him to act unilaterally is the use of weapons of mass destruction in Syria. He will maintain that the use of bio weapons poses an inherent threat to this nation.

thatsafactjack on September 5, 2013 at 11:49 PM

These are obama and McCain’s buddies and msng’s too.

Caution, brutality.

Schadenfreude on September 5, 2013 at 11:49 PM

Okay – Buchanan

thatsafactjack on September 5, 2013 at 11:50 PM

Speakin’ of gunpowder and lead…

coldwarrior on September 5, 2013 at 11:51 PM

thatsafactjack on September 5, 2013 at 11:49 PM

Evening J. – you were reading my mind. Just finished posting similarly. Plus, there is evidence that the war will start sooner.

Plus, this on Drudge:

Video: Syrian Rebel Admits Using Chemical Weapons…
Russia issues 100-page report …
BRUTALITY REVEALED….
EXECUTING MEN ON KNEES…
Al-Qaeda seizes Syrian village that still speaks language of Christ…
U.S. Travel Warning: Rebels Have ‘Claimed Nearly 600 Attacks’…
BUCHANAN: Our boys to be ‘mercenaries of sheikhs, sultans and emirs’…
Republican congressman withdraws support for Syria strike…
Intelligence ‘Manipulated’ to Favor War, Dem Congressman Alleges…

OBAMA FACES DEFEAT IN HOUSE
INTERNATIONAL OPPOSITION BUILDS
BIDEN ATTEMPTS RESCUE

Schadenfreude on September 5, 2013 at 11:52 PM

Fool On The Hill – Beatles

thatsafactjack on September 5, 2013 at 11:52 PM

They’re not impressed by SM. I’m not impressed either.
annoyinglittletwerp on September 5, 2013 at 11:40 PM

Please share everything. What are issues with her?

bluegill on September 5, 2013 at 11:53 PM

BIDEN ATTEMPTS RESCUE
Schadenfreude on September 5, 2013 at 11:52 PM

Just step out on the porch and fire off a couple shotgun rounds….

dentarthurdent on September 5, 2013 at 11:54 PM

Speakin’ of gunpowder and lead…

coldwarrior on September 5, 2013 at 11:51 PM

Thx, One of my very faves!

bazil9 on September 5, 2013 at 11:55 PM

Richard III may have been a diabolical, manipulative throne-stealer, but at least HE DIED IN BATTLE.

It’s time to return the leaders, who choose to wage war, back to the battlefield…regardless of gender or age.

Resist We Much on September 5, 2013 at 11:57 PM

bazil9 on September 5, 2013 at 11:55 PM

Blake better stay on the straight and narrow…

coldwarrior on September 5, 2013 at 11:57 PM

Blood and Treasure

Schadenfreude on September 5, 2013 at 11:57 PM

We don’t need a third party.We need a second party. Ted Cruz is not enough.The GOP is all but disappearing before our very eyes.They are MIA— Pamela Geller (@Atlasshrugs) September 6, 2013

this is apropos of the headline post on the RINO party being fanboys of barry so that they will get stuff from him later

r keller on September 5, 2013 at 11:57 PM

thatsafactjack on September 5, 2013 at 11:49 PM

But why? What is this so important to him about this that he’ll go against 85% of the country?

rrpjr on September 5, 2013 at 11:58 PM

Schadenfreude on September 5, 2013 at 11:52 PM

It’s a shame our political class is so weak and corrupt that they will allow the use of bio weapons in Syria as means to validate Obama’s Imperialist Adventurism.

I’m of the opinion that the real goal in the middle east is to force destabilization in order to facilitate the building of one nation out of the remains of the various nations and tribes of the region. “Nation building.” Why else would “…some Arab countries…” wish to pay for this war? I’d be willing to bet you that the list of those “… Arab countries” to which Kerry referred are similar to top of the OPEC list of nations in the region.

thatsafactjack on September 5, 2013 at 11:59 PM

Poll: Majority Of Americans Approve Of Sending Congress To Syria

—————————

“I think you will not deny that one does not really need to support the people who not only kill their enemies, but open up their bodies, eat their intestines, in front of the public and cameras,” Putin said at a tense joint news conference with Cameron on Sunday.

wth?

Axe on September 6, 2013 at 12:01 AM

Resist We Much on September 5, 2013 at 11:57 PM

Yes, plus I hope these eat them, alive.

Schadenfreude on September 6, 2013 at 12:02 AM

bluegill on September 5, 2013 at 11:53 PM

Her gleefully jumping int O’Care is a big reason.
Texas state polls have all be ‘Hell no’

annoyinglittletwerp on September 6, 2013 at 12:02 AM

Resist We Much on September 5, 2013 at 11:57 PM

Back when if they said, “I will not be mocked” they personally did something about it.

Here’s a thought, the House of ibn-Saud and Qatar have spent billions buying all the latest state of the art military gear…why aren’t they out there, in Syria, taking care of the “problem” instead of trying to hire our best to do their job?

If they want Assad gone, so they can build a pipeline or whatever, it is their neighborhood…why do we not insist that they just take care of it?

I am all in favor of all those Religion of Peace types just wailing and b*tch slapping each other to death…so long as they just do it to each other.

To have a sitting US Secretary of State straight faced say “but it is all good, the Saudi’s and Qataris are gonna pay for it” is disgraceful.

coldwarrior on September 6, 2013 at 12:02 AM

rrpjr on September 5, 2013 at 11:58 PM

Same with Obamacare. Not just him, the progressive Republicans and his party, too. All of them.

The ends, the project. You are a cog. Shut up.

Axe on September 6, 2013 at 12:03 AM

Denver 42 – Baltimore 17
4th Qtr.

RickB on September 6, 2013 at 12:06 AM

obama and msng’s buddies, apace

Schadenfreude on September 6, 2013 at 12:08 AM

Axe on September 6, 2013 at 12:01 AM

The Onion, luv.

Denver 42 – Baltimore 17
4th Qtr.

RickB on September 6, 2013 at 12:06 AM

Awesome. Obamacare curse continues!

Resist We Much on September 6, 2013 at 12:09 AM

Resist We Much on September 5, 2013 at 11:57 PM

That would be awesome … except I can’t stop laughing at the inspiring image of Barry leading men into battle pedaling on his bicycle …

ShainS on September 6, 2013 at 12:09 AM

wth?

Axe on September 6, 2013 at 12:01 AM

Sophie has a great thread on how their Islamist leader eats the heart out of one of the other’s bodies.

Schadenfreude on September 6, 2013 at 12:09 AM

ShainS on September 6, 2013 at 12:09 AM

Or like #5…

‘Toons of the Day From Tuesday: Fools, Lies & Videotape

Resist We Much on September 6, 2013 at 12:12 AM

dang it. tricky thread. i’m going to the other computer so i can focus.

The Onion, luv.

Resist We Much on September 6, 2013 at 12:09 AM

i know. :) i loved that one.

Schadenfreude on September 6, 2013 at 12:09 AM

i refuse.

other computer.

hi jackie.

Axe on September 6, 2013 at 12:12 AM

Her gleefully jumping int O’Care is a big reason.
Texas state polls have all be ‘Hell no’
annoyinglittletwerp on September 6, 2013 at 12:02 AM

That’s right. I forgot about that.

bluegill on September 6, 2013 at 12:12 AM

Schadenfreude on September 6, 2013 at 12:09 AM

But, they will not eat pork…that’s haram.

coldwarrior on September 6, 2013 at 12:13 AM

ShainS on September 6, 2013 at 12:09 AM

I’d like to see a cage fight between Obumble and Putin for all the Syrian marbles….

dentarthurdent on September 6, 2013 at 12:13 AM

Schadenfreude on September 6, 2013 at 12:09 AM

Thx.

America Has No National Interests In Syria & There’s No Guarantee That Our Intervention Will Make Things Any Better…For Anyone.

Pics of the Day: Nice Syrian Friends You’ve Got There, Barry, Insane, Lurch & Marco (UPDATED)

Resist We Much on September 6, 2013 at 12:13 AM

Glad the Poker Joker McVain got told off for moronic support of Sultan Barky bin-Vacay’in.

viking01 on September 6, 2013 at 12:14 AM

coldwarrior on September 6, 2013 at 12:02 AM

+100000000000000000000000000

Resist We Much on September 6, 2013 at 12:15 AM

Al Qaeda terrorists will be greatly emboldened …

mnjg on September 5, 2013 at 10:19 PM

Al Qaeda terrorists will be the primary beneficiaries of a U.S. air strike. Who are you really – John McCain or Lindsey Graham?

bw222 on September 6, 2013 at 12:15 AM

Or like #5…

‘Toons of the Day From Tuesday: Fools, Lies & Videotape

Resist We Much on September 6, 2013 at 12:12 AM

OMG — “They’re moderate muslims.”

You just can’t make up that kind of stupid venality …

ShainS on September 6, 2013 at 12:15 AM

But, they will not eat pork…that’s haram.

coldwarrior on September 6, 2013 at 12:13 AM

May these eat them all, soon, alive, plus all who are with them, the congresscritters and obama too.

Schadenfreude on September 6, 2013 at 12:15 AM

*clink!*

tommy71 on September 6, 2013 at 12:17 AM

i refuse.

Axe on September 6, 2013 at 12:12 AM

But, Pookie, it’s a really good post, if I do say so myself.

Resist We Much on September 6, 2013 at 12:17 AM

Resist We Much on September 6, 2013 at 12:13 AM

Now you can make another one, with the NYT and other executions covered today and next.

Schadenfreude on September 6, 2013 at 12:18 AM

Schadenfreude on September 6, 2013 at 12:15 AM

“Amen … and amen … and amen!”

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on September 6, 2013 at 12:19 AM

OMG — “They’re moderate muslims.”

You just can’t make up that kind of stupid venality …

ShainS on September 6, 2013 at 12:15 AM

I hate the fvcker.

Resist We Much on September 6, 2013 at 12:19 AM

Schadenfreude on September 6, 2013 at 12:18 AM

Yes, but most of what the NYT reported I covered in that post. Still…

Resist We Much on September 6, 2013 at 12:20 AM

Where are the lefty anti-war protestors? Not one in sight.

tommy71 on September 6, 2013 at 12:21 AM

tommy71 on September 6, 2013 at 12:17 AM

Not a lot of “clinky” goin’ on round here…pretty much whiskey straight out the bottle these days.

So, grab a fifth and join in.

Maybe when we wake up all this Obama nonsense will be just a bad bad dream.

coldwarrior on September 6, 2013 at 12:21 AM

But, they will not eat pork…that’s haram.

coldwarrior on September 6, 2013 at 12:13 AM

Is that anything like a harem, which is one Arab tradition I can live with…..
;)

dentarthurdent on September 6, 2013 at 12:21 AM

rrpjr on September 5, 2013 at 11:58 PM

Because it began with the Cairo speech. Obama wishes to see what he deems ‘moderate Muslims’ ruling the middle east. He believes this change of leadership will usher in some sort of new enlightened Muslim culture.

Recall that the United States was involved in ‘Nation Building’ in Afghanistan. Trillions of tax payers funds and a quantity of American blood have been funneled into the Afghanistan economy to that effort. The mission was to defeat Al- Quaeda and build a new democracy in Afghanistan. Afghanistan remains a backward, barren, hell hole where the Taliban holds dominion along with corrupt politicians, subjugating their people with an unmerciful viciousness, and slaughtering all who dare stand in their way.

Recall that the United States was involved in “Nation Building” in Iraq. The goal was to topple Sadam Hussein and see him tried and punished for his crimes against his own people and aiding and abeting… Al-Quaeda…and various other terrorist organizations, and to rebuild Iraq into a new democracy. Trillions of tax payer funds and a quantity of American blood have been funneled into the Iraq economy. Iraq teeters on the brink of full scale civil war and it’s people are far worse off today than they were under the comparatively benevolent rule of the Shaw.

A war in Syria is an opportunity for more ‘Nation Building’, ostensibly to topple an evil regime and replace it with a new democracy.And, necessary to those goals, trillions of tax dollars and a quantity of American blood would be funneled into the Syrian economy. Assad’s regime would be replaced by the ‘rebels’… a group known to be infiltrated by, trained by, sponsored by…. Al- Quaeda.

There are other examples, like the outcomes of ‘interventions’ in Egypt and Libya, whether military or ‘diplomatic’ in nature… and there is the matter of Obama’s ego being bruised, as well, and he cannot brook such insult… but I think you understand my point.

thatsafactjack on September 6, 2013 at 12:21 AM

bluegill on September 6, 2013 at 12:12 AM

Clovis is 60 miles away-but it might as well be in another country. The Texas is that different.

annoyinglittletwerp on September 6, 2013 at 12:22 AM

Syria crisis: Barack Obama faces growing opposition to airstrikes as he arrives for G20

President Barack Obama is facing growing international opposition to military intervention in Syria as China, the European Union and the Pope all warned against attacks on the Assad regime.

Resist We Much on September 6, 2013 at 12:22 AM

Pookie? LOL!

thatsafactjack on September 6, 2013 at 12:23 AM

Pride goeth before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall. ~Proverbs 16:18

thatsafactjack on September 6, 2013 at 12:24 AM

FLASHBACK: Biden Accuses Romney Of Wanting ‘To Go To War In Syria’
Resist We Much on September 6, 2013 at 12:01 AM

Okay. So where is Romney right now? He should be out front and center lambasting Biden. He should try being useful.

Of course that presumes he had any fight in him ever, which he didn’t.

So many ways to fight these people, so many opportunities, and we don’t even lift our fingers.

rrpjr on September 6, 2013 at 12:24 AM

dentarthurdent on September 6, 2013 at 12:21 AM

Actually, there is a direct connection…haram means forbidden.

A harem is a place where entry is forbidden.

Except by the Caliph, Sheik, Sultan or Bey….and he could “enter” at will…and I’ll leave it at that. :-)

coldwarrior on September 6, 2013 at 12:24 AM

Slow Blues – Oscar Peterson/Count Basie

thatsafactjack on September 6, 2013 at 12:26 AM

To zattack or not to zattack. That is the question. ;-)

tommy71 on September 6, 2013 at 12:26 AM

Clovis is 60 miles away-

annoyinglittletwerp on September 6, 2013 at 12:22 AM

Clovis? There’s a point there, right?

coldwarrior on September 6, 2013 at 12:26 AM

thatsafactjack on September 6, 2013 at 12:21 AM

obama looks out for Number One, always, which is twofold:

1. His own narcissistic sociophathic ego, and

2. His muzzie brothers, moderates or not.

All else is a fooling of the masses of the world.

He is really the most transparent president the land ever had.

Schadenfreude on September 6, 2013 at 12:27 AM

nobar on September 5, 2013 at 10:17 PM

Impressive.

petunia on September 6, 2013 at 12:27 AM

Pookie? LOL!

thatsafactjack on September 6, 2013 at 12:23 AM

she does that. :) one of my favorite things. she knows that. she knows lots of stuff.

ps: she’s kinda evil.

Axe on September 6, 2013 at 12:27 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on September 5, 2013 at 11:23 PM

Taurus 738TCP 380

Shay on September 6, 2013 at 12:28 AM

Axe on September 6, 2013 at 12:12 AM

Good evening…. Axefellow. :)

thatsafactjack on September 6, 2013 at 12:28 AM