Kerry on Syrian rebels’ brutality: It’ll get worse if we don’t intervene

posted at 8:01 pm on September 5, 2013 by Allahpundit

Drudge has been killing the White House all day by spotlighting that harrowing NYT story about the rebels that Ed blogged this morning, and now here’s Kerry’s response. If you’re worried about Al Qaeda and its jihadi partners like Jabhat al-Nusra running wild, then you should … support a U.S. attack on their enemy Assad. Wait, what? Sure, says Kerry: Only if the U.S. empowers “moderate” rebels like the Free Syrian Army — whose leadership, by the way, is falling apart — will there be an alternative for people who want Assad gone but don’t want fundamentalists to replace him. Never mind that Reuters reported months ago that jihadi groups were successfully sidelining the moderate elements within the rebel ranks and confiscating their weapons. And never mind that, as of just four months ago, the Times famously reported that there was really no such thing as a secular fighting force in rebel-controlled Syria. Evidently we’re going to find, or build, one and then somehow elevate it to prominence over battle-tested jihadi outfits like the Nusra Front.

But wait. How broad is this intervention going to be? The point of the attack, I thought, was to punch Assad hard in the face for gassing people in Damascus, enough so that he thinks twice about doing it again. What Kerry’s suggesting here goes beyond that, well into McCain territory. If the goal now is to secularize the Syrian opposition, then we’re not just talking about bloodying the regime’s nose. We’re talking necessarily about weakening the jihadi rebels too while the “moderates” gain strength. That means taking on both sides. Are we simultaneously going to bomb the army to try to force Assad to the bargaining table while also droning Nusraites until they sue for peace too? If not, if this is all going to be done theoretically by arming the “moderates” until they can hold their own with jihadis, what happens if the jihadis attack them and gain the upper hand? Do we intervene then to influence the rebel civil war within a civil war? And in that case, if the rebels start killing each other, whose job will it be to take the fight to Assad?

Hayes makes a good point towards the end of the clip. The administration’s selling this war simultaneously as something modest to attract doves (just a limited attack to enforce the international taboo against WMD) and something ambitious to attract hawks (a game-changing operation to alter the momentum on the battlefield). Which is it? How can it be both? And what happens if the U.S. hits Assad so hard that the jihadis start to overrun the Syrian military before the “moderates” are strong enough to challenge them? If you think the rebels are brutal now, wait until they charge into Alawite and Christian neighborhoods with no fear of an army intervening to push them back.

Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

‘I’m an idiot.’

- Secretary of State John ‘Lurch’ Kerry

Resist We Much on September 5, 2013 at 8:05 PM

Kerry the One looks like he’s starting to choke.

Flange on September 5, 2013 at 8:06 PM

How much twisting and spinning does someone have to do to come to this conclusion and how stupid do they have to be to think this incoherent argument will work?

ldbgcoleman on September 5, 2013 at 8:07 PM

And, we supposed to do it all without putting a single boot on the ground.

Look, Ma, no hands (or boots)!

‘Employment of airstrikes alone to support French troops in the jungle would create a double jeopardy: it would comprise an act of war and would also entail the risk of having intervened and lost.’

– President Dwight Eisenhower on intervening in Vietnam on behalf of France

Resist We Much on September 5, 2013 at 8:07 PM

Go away, Lurch, go away, go away, go away…

OmahaConservative on September 5, 2013 at 8:08 PM

Can someone please tell me wtf is Oblahblah doing? Why does he want to go in there? I thought he was a peacenik. This is insanity, let them all kill each other. What difference does it make?

BeachBum on September 5, 2013 at 8:09 PM

Kerry on Syrian rebels’ brutality: It’ll get worse if we don’t intervene

Any worse that what was going on in Iraq that you and your fellow magpies BS’d and lied about?? Right. It was because it was a nasty republican and it’s different because it’s you selling this swill.

Hypocritical morons.

kim roy on September 5, 2013 at 8:09 PM

Is he getting facial reconstruction done one half at a time?

elifino on September 5, 2013 at 8:10 PM

Why are they so desperate to get us engaged over there?

ctmom on September 5, 2013 at 8:11 PM

Smart Power on steroids. This administration’s incompetence knows no bounds.

D-fusit on September 5, 2013 at 8:11 PM

Is Jean-Forbes Kerry in the midst of a week-long, televised stroke?

steebo77 on September 5, 2013 at 8:12 PM

Is this some kind of new world order thing where Obowmao starts WWIII to cull the world populations to make way for Soros to rule over everyone?

BeachBum on September 5, 2013 at 8:12 PM

Smart Power on steroids. This administration’s incompetence knows no bounds.

D-fusit on September 5, 2013 at 8:11 PM

Smart power on choom.

steebo77 on September 5, 2013 at 8:13 PM

Kerry on Syrian rebels’ brutality: It’ll get worse if we don’t intervene

Remember the millions killed in Vietnam and Cambodia after you succeeded in getting the US to withdraw, Lurch?

Resist We Much on September 5, 2013 at 8:14 PM

With Kerry and Obama in charge, we have nothing to fear…except reality. But who cares about that old-fashioned crap anymore?

AUINSC on September 5, 2013 at 8:14 PM

Good lord, and I thought there probably couldn’t be anyone more incompetent than Hillary running the State Department.

I stand corrected.

Aizen on September 5, 2013 at 8:14 PM

Resist We Much on September 5, 2013 at 8:05 PM

Yep, he has failed the idiot test.

William Eaton on September 5, 2013 at 8:15 PM

BeachBum on September 5, 2013 at 8:09 PM

You apparently have no experience dealing with a megalomaniacal, classic NPD-afflicted, low-intelligence, totally-dependent, likely heavily-medicated person who’s just been publicly humiliated in front of the entire world …

ShainS on September 5, 2013 at 8:15 PM

Resist We Much on September 5, 2013 at 8:14 PM

Not Muslims. Not a problem.

steebo77 on September 5, 2013 at 8:15 PM

Beachbum- quite possibly.

wolly4321 on September 5, 2013 at 8:16 PM

Iraq 2.0

Viator on September 5, 2013 at 8:16 PM

In a diner, late on a rainy night, Jon Cary plays with several ball bearings in his damp hand. The tired waitress approaches and he looks up at her, uncomprehendingly. “Did you know I served in Vietnam? We could burn down some villages in the manner of Genghis Khan. Let’s do that.”

She regards this pathetic creature in stained clothes with boredom. “You want catsup with that Purple Heart you threw away, soldier?”

vityas on September 5, 2013 at 8:16 PM

And I thought we would be done with this fool after the 2004 election…

Jack_Burton on September 5, 2013 at 8:17 PM

John “I served in Vietnam” Kerry. A traitor and a liar. Swift boat veteran, my ass.

ultracon on September 5, 2013 at 8:19 PM

I could do a better job than these people.

gophergirl on September 5, 2013 at 8:20 PM

Who the hell is pulling their strings?

This is orchestrated stupidity. There’s no way this many dumbasses got into so many positions of power.

HotAirian on September 5, 2013 at 8:21 PM

vityas on September 5, 2013 at 8:16 PM

Heh.

“You know, if I’d only married someone like Moochelle instead of Theresa …” — John Effin Kerry

ShainS on September 5, 2013 at 8:21 PM

The most ruthless group within the rebels will take over. This is the Cuffy Meigs theory of political survival.

Flange on September 5, 2013 at 8:22 PM

These bastards pulled out of Iraq just to win domestic votes, and now they say trust. To hell with that.

rob verdi on September 5, 2013 at 8:23 PM

All of this is bad enough on it’s face.

I’m looking around and wondering if folks like NK, Iran, Russia, China, etc, will realize that they have and will *never again* have such an incompetent, feckless, worthless, spineless, inept bunch of people at the helm of the *only* power in the world that can keep them in check… and not decide that now is actually a pretty great f*cking opportunity to cause some shit.

Midas on September 5, 2013 at 8:23 PM

BeachBum on September 5, 2013 at 8:09 PM

IMO, We’ve narrowed down the location of the super secret bunker where he keeps his real birth certificate, his college transcripts, and the explanation of what he was doing while “attending” Harvard Law since nobody who he graduated with remembers having class with him.

Happy Nomad on September 5, 2013 at 8:23 PM

Time to face facts: None of these retards has a CLUE what they’re going to do. Bark thinks he’s going to choose off a menu, Hagel is a pushbutton lickspittle who wouldn’t know a tank from a ship that goes underwater, and Kerry is imagining himself as MacArthur at Inchon.

Man, if I were in the military right now I might be thinking on how to get myself an OTH, and right quick.

Bishop on September 5, 2013 at 8:23 PM

The Plan/Objective changes every news cycle because they have no Plan/Objective beyond Saudi Dollars

workingclass artist on September 5, 2013 at 8:23 PM

The most ruthless group within the rebels will take over.

Flange on September 5, 2013 at 8:22 PM

How do you think we have a worthless thin-skinned lazy stupid Kenyan as our “President.”

Happy Nomad on September 5, 2013 at 8:24 PM

So basically Kerry is saying the bombing will continue until the morale improves?

Rocks on September 5, 2013 at 8:25 PM

In the old days…this was called flyin’ by the seat of your pants…not a great idea with nukes

workingclass artist on September 5, 2013 at 8:25 PM

And naturally, Ted Baxter tonight is crawling up the Rodeo Clown’s ass saying we have to attack Syria because the clown’s “power will be severely weakened” if we don’t. So what, Ted? So what?

And then, in some alternate universe, Jerry Rivers comes back quoting…Ted Cruz! “We cannot be al qaeda’s air force, Bill. We just can’t.”

Oh, my. The usual suspects are being most…unusual.

Rational Thought on September 5, 2013 at 8:25 PM

And I thought we would be done with this fool after the 2004 election…

Jack_Burton on September 5, 2013 at 8:17 PM

Heh – ain’t that the truth?

I remember receiving a telephone poll when Kerry was running for Pres. True story:

Q: “If the election were held today, would you vote for John Kerry?

Me: “No. May I tell you why?”

Q: “Sure.”

Me: “There’s something not right in the head with him, and he really scares me.”

Q: Silence then laughter.

Little did I know then what we’re seeing now.

GrannyDee on September 5, 2013 at 8:26 PM

Careful now. The behavior can make you full on conspiracy theory material.

Bmore on September 5, 2013 at 8:26 PM

I could do a better job than these people.

gophergirl on September 5, 2013 at 8:20 PM

The Howler Monkeys at the MN Zoo could do better than these people, we’re being enslaved and ruled by the dumbest members of our society.

Bishop on September 5, 2013 at 8:28 PM

Careful now. The behavior can make you full on conspiracy theory material.

Bmore on September 5, 2013 at 8:26 PM

No doubt there’s a FEMA re-education camp in my future.

GrannyDee on September 5, 2013 at 8:29 PM

All of this is bad enough on it’s face.

Midas on September 5, 2013 at 8:23 PM

Never say ‘never again.’ The idiots of this country elected President Man-Child twice. There is no assurance whatsoever that the increasing LIV Bloc won’t succeed again…especially if they get more free shit.

Resist We Much on September 5, 2013 at 8:29 PM

John Kerry: See Proverbs under “fool”

Murphy9 on September 5, 2013 at 8:30 PM

Midas on September 5, 2013 at 8:23 PM

That right there is what should keep sane people awake late at night.

D-fusit on September 5, 2013 at 8:30 PM

Happy Nomad on September 5, 2013 at 8:24 PM

I said ruthless, not worthless. :-) The scary part is that obozo and his band of clowns aren’t anywhere near as ruthless as the people waiting in the wings. At some point a Stalin like figure will emerge and obozo’s clowns will get the Trotsky treatment.

Flange on September 5, 2013 at 8:31 PM

Kerry on Syrian rebels’ brutality: It’ll get worse if we don’t intervene

You know, like your health insurance.

rogerb on September 5, 2013 at 8:34 PM

ultracon on September 5, 2013 at 8:19 PM

The State Department press secretary brought up JF’nK’s service today in a question about Putin.

slickwillie2001 on September 5, 2013 at 8:34 PM

Rational Thought on September 5, 2013 at 8:25 PM

From last night…

‘There’s no evidence that the Syrian rebels are affiliated with al-Qaeda. You’re just reading that tinfoil hat crap on the internet.’

– Bill O’Reilly, (paraphrased)

From this AM:

I was so incensed that I actually emailed him, which is something that I’ve done to telly-holes maybe 4 or 5 times combined in my entire life.

I’ve never been a fan of or even ardent watcher of the blowhard, but he just made me blow my top last night.

To: Bill O’Reilly
From: Sophie
Subject: I’m Done.

…And, here I thought last night was bad enough. You remember, don’t you? You said people like me opposed the Syrian intervention because we have a visceral hatred of Barack Obama.

Yeppers, Billo, you got me. I admit it. I am against the Syrian intervention because of Obama. He was the reason that I opposed the Afghan ground war and the Iraq war, too, even though I had never heard of him.

Anyhoo, I thought last night was bad…until tonight.

You’re treatment of Kirsten Powers and Kate Obershain was repulsive. Your interview also exposed that not only are you incredibly arrogant, but you are extraordinarily ignorant as well.

IT. IS. A. KNOWN. FACT. THAT. AL-NUSRA. IS. AFFILIATED. WITH. AL-QAEDA. AND. THE. MUSLIM. BROTHERHOOD.

Period.

Story.

End of.

Here, educate yourself and enjoy the photos of some of the atrocities committed by your, Kerry and McCain’s ‘moderate’ rebels.

America Has No National Interests In Syria & There’s No Guarantee That Our Intervention Will Make Things Any Better…For Anyone.

You and I have had a on-and-off, years-long relationship, but after tonight, it is over.

I’m just no longer that into you.

Sincerely,

Sophie

Of course, it won’t have any effect on the bâtard, but it made me feel better. I sent it immediately after the exchange and turned off the telly.

PS: Do you know with whom I replaced BOR last night? Sit down ‘cuz it’s so funny that I would love to see Bill0′s pompous face…

ALEX JONES!!!

LOL! But, you know my saying:

‘I listen to the nutter, Alex Jones, periodically so my readers don’t have to!’

I mean, how else would you know that juice boxes can make you gay?

lmao

Resist We Much on September 5, 2013 at 11:12 AM

Resist We Much on September 5, 2013 at 8:35 PM

Do I get this right? He admits that our “friends” in Syria are already criminals, but to keep them from being even more violent criminals we better help put them in power!!!!In other words, if we have a serial bank robber, we better promote him before he really goes bad. Did he mention that these “friends” aided and abetted those who slaughtered 3000 Americans om 911?

MaiDee on September 5, 2013 at 8:36 PM

And this is the quality of the administration’s pre-war thinking. God help us once the enemy votes.

Barnestormer on September 5, 2013 at 8:37 PM

Happy Nomad on September 5, 2013 at 8:23 PM

LMFAO that’s as good a reason as any!

BeachBum on September 5, 2013 at 8:38 PM

Careful now. The behavior can make you full on conspiracy theory material.

Bmore on September 5, 2013 at 8:26 PM

No doubt there’s a FEMA re-education camp in my future.

GrannyDee on September 5, 2013 at 8:29 PM

Feds are seizing land along the southern border…Buffer Zone against the cartels and a great dumping ground Gulag?

workingclass artist on September 5, 2013 at 8:38 PM

And I bet Kerry thought he was leaving his crapshoot of a job in the Senate for the High Life of the Executive Branch.

He’s pathetic.

Spliff Menendez on September 5, 2013 at 8:39 PM

I just don’t trust that they know what they’re doing. I don’t trust the intelligence, I don’t trust the administration, I don’t trust the rebels, and I don’t trust Assad, either. But he seems to have stronger and more determined allies than we do at the moment.

scalleywag on September 5, 2013 at 8:39 PM

They reek of desperation at this point. They need this distraction because all their meddling here at home is turning into a crap sandwich………..and they know it!!

dddave on September 5, 2013 at 8:40 PM

Kerry on Syrian rebels’ brutality: It’ll get worse if we don’t intervene

You know, like your health insurance.

rogerb on September 5, 2013 at 8:34 PM

Or Climate Change

workingclass artist on September 5, 2013 at 8:40 PM

Flange on September 5, 2013 at 8:31 PM

Well of course not, this is all about incrementalism.

The Clintons merely collected FBI files. Illegally.

It is now okay for the IRS to target political opposition to the administration. The NSA has a domestic spying program that essentially every digital aspect of our lives and has cameras to cover the rest. Organized religion is quickly becoming an enemy of the collective.

What civil rights are we giving up next?

Happy Nomad on September 5, 2013 at 8:40 PM

scalleywag on September 5, 2013 at 8:39 PM

Exactly

gophergirl on September 5, 2013 at 8:42 PM

scalleywag on September 5, 2013 at 8:39 PM

I read your comments and know immediately the left’s response. You don’t trust because of Iraq. Which, of course, means that this is all GWB’s fault. Nearly five years out of office and he’s still the devil.

Happy Nomad on September 5, 2013 at 8:42 PM

scalleywag on September 5, 2013 at 8:39 PM

The ancient Christian communities have openly aligned with Assad…Think about that for a minute.

workingclass artist on September 5, 2013 at 8:42 PM

What civil rights are we giving up next?

Happy Nomad on September 5, 2013 at 8:40 PM

Access to food. It is usually the next step.

Murphy9 on September 5, 2013 at 8:44 PM

What civil rights are we giving up next?

Happy Nomad on September 5, 2013 at 8:40 PM

I’m a white guy, so I don’t have any left to give up.

Flange on September 5, 2013 at 8:45 PM

Assad is building the pipeline with a little help from his friends…Iran and Iraq…Russia and China.

This is causing the Saudis & their OPEC pals to get all wee wee’d up so Obama being the helpful sort he is has pimped his personal military for Suadi dollars and outsourced the speechifyin’ to John Kerry the Illustrious Patriot whom Putin called a Liar in the International Press today.

workingclass artist on September 5, 2013 at 8:47 PM

BeachBum on September 5, 2013 at 8:09 PM

~~~~~~~

AMEN…seriously, W.T.F??

ellifint on September 5, 2013 at 8:47 PM

Midas on September 5, 2013 at 8:23 PM

Exactly why so many are not sure there will even BE a USA left to hold elections in 2016. Hell at this rate, having elections in 2014 is at best, a tossup.

Harbingeing on September 5, 2013 at 8:48 PM

Jihadists say they used Chemical weapons. Kerry is a known liar. Putin called him a liar. I believe Putin over Kerry and Obama.

they lie on September 5, 2013 at 8:48 PM

What does he mean?

We have flesh eaters on the side of the ‘rebels’ as well as terrorists and kidnappers… oh, and they have chemical weapons… plus AQ got training by Saddam on CWs according to the Kurds, and the CIA found their CW testing site in Afghanistan where they tested them on living people…

And then there is the police state regime with its CWs, SCUDs, BW program, working with NoKo, Russia, China and its pal Iran… that is more than willing to gun its own people down in the streets…

Worse than that?

What?

R’lyeh going to arise there next? The Fire Lake of Hali appear? Shub-niggurath come oozing out of the caves? Yog-sothoth appear on all the street corners simultaneously?

Actually, those might be an improvement!

Pray to Cthulhu to make things better in Syria!

Because John F’n Kerry has no clue as to just how bad it is there.

ajacksonian on September 5, 2013 at 8:50 PM

Kerry on Syrian rebels’ brutality: It’ll get worse if we don’t intervene

You know, like your health insurance.

rogerb on September 5, 2013 at 8:34 PM

Or Climate Change

workingclass artist on September 5, 2013 at 8:40 PM

Now that you mention it, how many Tomahawks equal one Keystone?

rogerb on September 5, 2013 at 8:50 PM

. I believe Putin over Kerry and Obama.

they lie on September 5, 2013 at 8:48 PM

Today, a former Community Organiser tried to stare down a former KGB Colonel…and failed miserably.

Resist We Much on September 5, 2013 at 8:50 PM

dddave on September 5, 2013 at 8:40 PM

I agree about the desperation but I think what they need is Saudi Money…Because ours is losing value.

I think that’s what Kerry let slip when he said the Saudis will fund Obama’s little War.

workingclass artist on September 5, 2013 at 8:51 PM

Resist We Much on September 5, 2013 at 8:35 PM

Bravo RWM, Bravo!!! Made me feel better just reading that!!!

bluefox on September 5, 2013 at 8:52 PM

workingclass artist on September 5, 2013 at 8:51 PM

This is part of the Magic Plan to Fund Obamacare!

Makes as much sense as the reasons they are giving.

ajacksonian on September 5, 2013 at 8:52 PM

slickwillie2001 on September 5, 2013 at 8:34 PM

I think it is an extension of an exchange at one of the Congressional hearings (sorry I can’t pin it down more but I just heard a clip).

Kerry tried to justify killing Syrians because of his military service made him an expert on when it was okay to kill innocent civilians and when it was not. The Congressman was having none of that. The exchange even went into the Benghazi coverup so I’m guessing the Congressman was not a Demonrat.

So, apparently, John Kerry’s Vietnam service has become somehow important to fend off that whole Gulf of Tonkin vibe about bombing Syria.

Happy Nomad on September 5, 2013 at 8:52 PM

Is this where someone mentions the phrase “wag the dog”?

Fallon on September 5, 2013 at 8:53 PM

Flange on September 5, 2013 at 8:31 PM

coughshrillarycough

dentarthurdent on September 5, 2013 at 8:56 PM

Allahpundit for President.

hillbillyjim on September 5, 2013 at 8:57 PM

Now that you mention it, how many Tomahawks equal one Keystone?

rogerb on September 5, 2013 at 8:50 PM

Well ClimatePanic Agenda 21 has kinda been a bust hasn’t it…Not fully implemented to save the planet from whatever…so this might be a kind of Plan B?

The Saudis don’t want the US let alone North America to be Energy Independent…or Israel to sell their Gas (recently discovered in a huge offshore field) to Europe.

Putin wants to control the flow to Europe and China is positioning itself with a serious partner…Russia.

During a cold winter Putin will decide who gets what first for 1/2 of the planet.

Relax Comrades…have another Vodka

workingclass artist on September 5, 2013 at 8:58 PM

Kerry should have stayed in the Senate. He’ll have to resign or Obama will have to hide him the next 3 years.

claudius on September 5, 2013 at 8:58 PM

workingclass artist on September 5, 2013 at 8:42 PM

That’s because the rebels have been murdering, beheading, Christians left and right.
Who would you side with in this – the people who were oppressing your relatives a bit or the people who are outright murdering your relatives?

dentarthurdent on September 5, 2013 at 9:01 PM

workingclass artist on September 5, 2013 at 8:51 PM

This is part of the Magic Plan to Fund Obamacare!

Makes as much sense as the reasons they are giving.

ajacksonian on September 5, 2013 at 8:52 PM

Were you hacking the DNC conference calls…that sounds like something straight out of Axeldouche’s strategery handbook…

Hey folks let’s tell the refusniks this…to get em’ onboard…m’kay?

workingclass artist on September 5, 2013 at 9:01 PM

coughshrillarycough

dentarthurdent on September 5, 2013 at 8:56 PM

I was thinking actual tough people like the union thugs. Trumka or Stern come to mind. Shrillary is on the same level of buffoon as obozo.

Flange on September 5, 2013 at 9:02 PM

Brutal like Jinjis Khan? Or is that sort of comparison only for American soldiers?

David Blue on September 5, 2013 at 9:03 PM

workingclass artist on September 5, 2013 at 8:42 PM

dentarthurdent on September 5, 2013 at 9:01 PM

Assad is a bastard…but perhaps the lesser bastard where the Christians are concerned.

What does that remind me of…Oh yeah…Mubarak or something

workingclass artist on September 5, 2013 at 9:03 PM

What civil rights are we giving up next?

Happy Nomad on September 5, 2013 at 8:40 PM

I’m a white guy, so I don’t have any left to give up.

Flange on September 5, 2013 at 8:45 PM

Well if you are a white guy, you’re to blame for everything wrong in this world. Shut up and take your punishment for centuries of crimes against humanity or something.

If you’re a Southern white guy (as I am), then you’re even more screwed. Because that makes you accountable for slavery and racism.

Happy Nomad on September 5, 2013 at 9:04 PM

Who the hell is pulling their strings?

HotAirian on September 5, 2013 at 8:21 PM

” And the devil took him up, and showed him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time,
and said to him, “To you I will give all this authority and their glory; for it has been delivered to me, and I give it to whom I will.

Luke 4: 5-6

Cleombrotus on September 5, 2013 at 9:04 PM

These people are dissolving into total incoherence. I suspect it’s intentional. As many Americans are emotional infants incapable of entertaining clashing thoughts in their heads, maybe the goal is simply to appeal to the emotional chord of the day. Tomorrow, another.

But why is this action so seemingly, insanely important to Obama. We know he doesn’t care about the Syrians as people. I mean, by and large they’re not gay and can’t vote for him. So is it ALL about his credibility?

rrpjr on September 5, 2013 at 9:05 PM

Bravo RWM, Bravo!!! Made me feel better just reading that!!!

bluefox on September 5, 2013 at 8:52 PM

Good. BOR is such a bore and a tellyhole.

Resist We Much on September 5, 2013 at 9:07 PM

Hey folks let’s tell the refusniks this…to get em’ onboard…m’kay?

workingclass artist on September 5, 2013 at 9:01 PM

Nope, just know Claire Voyant.

Nice gal.

Hard to get a gift for her, though.

ajacksonian on September 5, 2013 at 9:07 PM

Insanity at best.

rplat on September 5, 2013 at 9:08 PM

Flange on September 5, 2013 at 9:02 PM

Yeah, I had the same thought. Hillary isn’t the next level. Though I’m not sure that union thugs are either. At some point, unions have to become unneccesary because the state protects us all.

Frankly, at this point, I’m thinking that Harvard is going to rule us all at some point. If we don’t stand up to these bastards soon.

Happy Nomad on September 5, 2013 at 9:08 PM

Flange on September 5, 2013 at 9:02 PM

I think she was the one really calling the shots during the BillyBob admin – the power behind the throne as it were, and I wouldn’t doubt that people have died as a result of her orders.
IMHO – BillyBob was the idiot front man getting the attention of the public while she pulled the strings.
(see Hitch Hiker’s Guide, job description of the Galactic President)
I think if she ever got the ultimate power position she craves, she would be an absolute tyrant.

dentarthurdent on September 5, 2013 at 9:09 PM

What does that remind me of…Oh yeah…Mubarak or something

workingclass artist on September 5, 2013 at 9:03 PM

Exactly, and who except a bastard could rule a place like Syria?

sharrukin on September 5, 2013 at 9:09 PM

i agree with Drudge..our choice has become Libertarian or Authoritarian. The RINO party is well into the latter category. It is unbelievable that anyone is buying the Kerry BS

Kerry explained that he has met several times with opposition leaders in the last year. “They have evolved…significantly,” he said. “Are they where they need to be? Not completely. But they have changed markedly over the course of the last few months.”

The rebels, many of whom are militantly Islamist, are now inclusive, Kerry claimed. “At our insistence…they reached out and expanded significantly their base within Syria. They elected new leadership. They brought in a much broader base of Syrian representation, including women, including minorities, Christians, others.

Later Wednesday, after Kerry spoke, Deputy National Security Adviser Tony Blinken told Fox News the administration is working with the “moderate opposition” and aims to “make sure that not only our assistance but the assistance of other countries goes to them and stays away from the radical extreme opposition.”

In the next moment, Blinken conceded, “It’s not a perfect science.”

And the Rove, McCain, RINO party is cheerleading this???? It doesn’t take much to know the players…a little research in Wikipedia and you find Qatar.

then there’s the whole Elizabeth O’Bagy thing over at Frontpage and PJM

these are obviously tricky waters….with people with strong interests in the region. Barry is going to get us burned on this.

r keller on September 5, 2013 at 9:10 PM

Awesome anthem!

gophergirl on September 5, 2013 at 9:11 PM

the kerry quote is in the new York piece

r keller on September 5, 2013 at 9:11 PM

Resist We Much on September 5, 2013 at 11:12 AM

Resist We Much on September 5, 2013 at 8:35 PM

ROCK THE HELL ON YOUNG LADY!!!!! WooHoo!! Yeeehaaaah!! :D

Scrumpy on September 5, 2013 at 9:11 PM

Most wars are fought over resources, defense of homeland and allied territory, or ideology. Others are wars of conquest, usually led by a powerful or charismatic leader, often in the name of deity. All have a moral component or reasoning as justification for the action, whether real or contrived. Americans consider wars of conquest distasteful; witness the care given to avoid being accused of invading Iraq for oil. Perhaps this is a reflection of John Winthrop’s 1630 sermon, ‘A Model of Christian Charity’, which gave rise to folklore that the United States is God’s country and a ‘Shining City on a Hill.’ This sense of American exceptionalism, or moral superiority, it at odds with a war of conquest.

Egypt, Libya, Syria. I am beginning to suspect that these are wars of conquest, but not in the traditional sense. It seems that Obama is promoting a radical muslim takeover of the entire region. Finally, he has found a moral justification and is running with it. Obama is a fool, and doesn’t even have diety to shore him up. Ralph Waldo Emerson rejected war as a means of achieving America’s destiny, although he accepted that ‘most of the great results of history are brought about by discreditable means.’

This action has nothing to do with America’s destiny or best interest, and I am glad we are having the debate. When the population is no longer buying the BS, our leaders are coming across as inept, confused and disoriented. No leader can fight a war without the support of the people.

Jocundus on September 5, 2013 at 9:12 PM

Well, this only proves how far up his keister his head is.

jake49 on September 5, 2013 at 9:13 PM