America likely to endure Obama address on Syria soon

posted at 7:21 pm on September 5, 2013 by Allahpundit

Everyone suffers during wartime.

Given the “success” his speeches have had in boosting ObamaCare’s popularity, this should pretty well finish off the “bomb Syria” movement.

President Obama is considering a high-profile address to the nation on the need for military intervention in Syria — a speech that could come as early as this week — according to top lawmakers and administration officials.

Deputy National Security Adviser Ben Rhodes said today there is no speech planned at this point, but that Obama is looking at “multiple opportunities” to make the case directly to Congress and the American people.

On Wednesday, Secretary of State John Kerry told the House Foreign Affairs Committee that he has “no doubt” the president will make a speech from the Oval Office in the coming days…

“I think the president needs to sit in the Oval Office, look at every American in the eye, and explain the reason why this is important,” Menendez said on “Morning Joe.” ”And I think he’ll do that.”

Meanwhile, over at ABC, the whip count is up to … 217 likely no’s in the House:

The point of the speech, I think, isn’t to move public opinion, it’s to give reluctant Democrats and hawkish Republicans a pretext to vote yes on “principle.” There may be a spike for military action among the population after the speech, as usually happens when the president beats the war drums, but you’re never going to see solid, sustained support for hitting Syria. The goal here is to move Congress, not the people it ostensibly represents. Ed was chatting about that on Twitter today with lefty Greg Sargent, in fact: Both of them were skeptical about the various whip counts being passed around for the simple reason that O hasn’t played all of his cards, like a major national address, yet. Sargent reasoned, not implausibly, that a lot of the bluster coming from the House from members about probably voting no is just kabuki designed to impress the intervention skeptics in their respective bases. Once the White House briefs them formally on Syria and Obama delivers his Oval Office (or East Room) speech, they can turn around and say that, despite their misgivings, they’ve been persuaded by the president and by the intelligence that the U.S. must act. And then, if things go bad, they can blame the whole thing on O. It’s one thing to vote for war enthusiastically when the public’s against it, it’s another to do it after a big show of hemming and hawing and worrying about international coalitions, blah blah. If Sargent’s right, most of the congressional skepticism you’re seeing this week is simply theater aimed at showing voters that Congress is as war-weary as everyone else is. Although maybe not so weary to refuse to support another war.

By the way, for what it’s worth, WaPo’s own whip count already has eight Republicans in the Senate voting with Obama for military action. There’s lots of heavy breathing on Twitter over the past hour that Joe “No Labels” Manchin has decided to vote no, but who cares? Reid will get to 60.

Here’s KP with a modest suggestion for something else Obama should announce during his Syria speech.

Comments

Actually I’m looking forward to it.

Bmore on September 5, 2013 at 7:21 PM

AP, this DailyKooks’ kommissar about sums the clusterfark up for the Left:

No longer Hoping for Change. Now Praying for a Miracle.

Resist We Much on September 5, 2013 at 7:22 PM

Amongst CREDIBLE presidents, but not this one. He has no credibility. He needs to hide under a bunkbed and sleep through the next 3 years. He’s irrelevant at this point. Embarrassing, too.

Key West Reader on September 5, 2013 at 7:23 PM

Flatulence.

dddave on September 5, 2013 at 7:24 PM

Can’t watch that boring narcissistic sociopath.

“My military”…he said recently, no kidding.

Laugh at him Putin, just because he enabled you.

Infant Innocence by A.E. Housman, modified for today:

“The grizzly Russian bear is huge and wild,
He has devoured the infant child,
The infant child is not aware
It has been eaten by the bear.”

Putin and obama are thugs of the world.

Putin is respected.

This is a true story. The two were at a gathering a while ago and the gym had only so many machines. Putin got there when obama had already taken the last one.

Putin to the media “follow me”. He went into icy cold water, with ice all around, swimming, cameras all on him…

Imagine this of weasely eunuch obama…never…the bully Putin beats him every time, then asks for obama to pay for lunch.

Schadenfreude on September 5, 2013 at 7:24 PM

Better give his speech before September 11th. Me thinks he will have even more explaining to do after Al Qaeda does something nasty and deadly on that date.

Yeh, the very same Al Qaeda Prezzy Red Line claims has been decimated and is on the run.

fogw on September 5, 2013 at 7:25 PM

RWM, Bmore, when prompted, sent you eyes, these eyes, for Axie.

Schadenfreude on September 5, 2013 at 7:25 PM

Powers link.

Bmore on September 5, 2013 at 7:26 PM

Schadenfreude on September 5, 2013 at 7:25 PM

Sent them straight to Axe.

Bmore on September 5, 2013 at 7:27 PM

Obama’s gonna make a speech! We’re saved!

myiq2xu on September 5, 2013 at 7:28 PM

He would be stupid enough to do it during Sunday Night Football.

gophergirl on September 5, 2013 at 7:28 PM

RWM, Bmore, when prompted, sent you eyes, these eyes, for Axie.

Schadenfreude on September 5, 2013 at 7:25 PM

Already done, my dear!

lol

Resist We Much on September 5, 2013 at 7:28 PM

Zero credibility Samantha Power, of the zero credibility UN just blamed Putin for all that’s happening in the killing of people in Syria. The witch has no manners. It’s like blaming obama when Putin is in DC for official business.

Schadenfreude on September 5, 2013 at 7:28 PM

gophergirl on September 5, 2013 at 7:28 PM

Lolz! I hope so. ; )

Bmore on September 5, 2013 at 7:29 PM

Can’t watch much TV these days anyway, but I simply cannot, will not listen to him speak. His stammering drives me batshite mad.

hawkdriver on September 5, 2013 at 7:30 PM

Resist We Much on September 5, 2013 at 7:28 PM

Lolz! I sometimes think our good friend Schadenfreude is amazed by the speed at which things can be done these days. ; )

Bmore on September 5, 2013 at 7:31 PM

“My military”…he said recently, no kidding.

Schadenfreude on September 5, 2013 at 7:24 PM

It is HIS military. Nearly every enlisted serving now either enlisted under Obama or re-enlisted under Obama. Officers serving can leave at any time. They are all willing participants in obama’s ego games.

oceansidecon on September 5, 2013 at 7:31 PM

Already done, my dear!

lol

Resist We Much on September 5, 2013 at 7:28 PM

You are soooo funny. Offer HA to guest post gratis. It’s worth it to the nation and the world, and in the name of gulching and avoiding taxes…just temporarily.

Either way, you are a national treasure, even though America of today doesn’t deserve you…though GB doesn’t any more either :(

Schadenfreude on September 5, 2013 at 7:31 PM

hawkdriver on September 5, 2013 at 7:30 PM

Maybe he’ll squirm just a bit.

Bmore on September 5, 2013 at 7:31 PM

Bmore on September 5, 2013 at 7:31 PM

In sheer awe and full of admiration and respect!

Schadenfreude on September 5, 2013 at 7:33 PM

oceansidecon on September 5, 2013 at 7:31 PM

Yikes! Forgot /sarc tag

oceansidecon on September 5, 2013 at 7:33 PM

Everytime he gives one of his “that’s not who we are” speeches it pisses me off. You don’t speak for me or my morality.

I counter with …. We dog eat dog. It’s not who we are.

wolly4321 on September 5, 2013 at 7:34 PM

Bmore on September 5, 2013 at 7:31 PM

Take a look at the date on my post:

Axie’s Dreams And Nightmares I – 22 June 2013

Snicker.

Resist We Much on September 5, 2013 at 7:34 PM

hawkdriver on September 5, 2013 at 7:30 PM
Maybe he’ll squirm just a bit.

Bmore on September 5, 2013 at 7:31 PM

Stammering and squirming? At least 3.5 times as bad. If he starts sweating, wiping his forehead with a hankie until his makeup comes off, tape it for me. I’ll watch it with the sound off.

hawkdriver on September 5, 2013 at 7:35 PM

Bmore on September 5, 2013 at 7:31 PM

Amazed at the two of you and others’ talents…I know very well how things work technically, just not artistically inclined. I love to enhance your tickler file with ideas :)

Schadenfreude on September 5, 2013 at 7:35 PM

oceansidecon on September 5, 2013 at 7:33 PM

Good snarc doesn’t need tags :)

Schadenfreude on September 5, 2013 at 7:36 PM

Somebody else can watch him. I got the blu-ray player set up to stream video from Netfix and Hulu today.

I’ve got McHale’s Navy, Baby!!!

trigon on September 5, 2013 at 7:37 PM

oceansidecon on September 5, 2013 at 7:33 PM

Bishop never uses tags. He is the HA-snarkmeister.

Schadenfreude on September 5, 2013 at 7:37 PM

Schadenfreude on September 5, 2013 at 7:31 PM

TY, my luv.

Resist We Much on September 5, 2013 at 7:37 PM

*don’t eat dog*

wolly4321 on September 5, 2013 at 7:38 PM

Obama looks scared, mad, stupid and demonic of late. The pictures are almost scary. Beware cornered narcissistic sociophathic snakes.

Schadenfreude on September 5, 2013 at 7:39 PM

oceansidecon on September 5, 2013 at 7:33 PM

Bishop never uses tags. He is the HA-snarkmeister.

Schadenfreude on September 5, 2013 at 7:37 PM

Some get my snark, some don’t. Bishop is king in the snark realm.

oceansidecon on September 5, 2013 at 7:39 PM

Resist We Much on September 5, 2013 at 7:34 PM

: ) ; )

Bmore on September 5, 2013 at 7:40 PM

hawkdriver on September 5, 2013 at 7:35 PM

Will do. Never know, could end up comedy gold. ; )

Bmore on September 5, 2013 at 7:41 PM

Bob Beckel said today “it is NOT a war”.

This can’t be made up in fiction.

Schadenfreude on September 5, 2013 at 7:42 PM

Is this address going to be passe or retro?

Flange on September 5, 2013 at 7:42 PM

Alternative title per Ace:

Obama is considering his own debilitating gas attack.

Resist We Much on September 5, 2013 at 7:42 PM

Some get my snark, some don’t. Bishop is king in the snark realm.

oceansidecon on September 5, 2013 at 7:39 PM

Not your problem :)

Indeed, the king.

Schadenfreude on September 5, 2013 at 7:43 PM

Is Obie gonna do this on the run up of the anniversary of 9-11-12?

At least all the warships are in the region in case of another attack like Bengazi. THIS TIME, Obama and the State Department are on the ready. Obama is All. Over. it….finally. There is even a ship full fo Marines right off the coast. Imagine that.

“Endure” is the right word. The other word is BENGAZI!

marybel on September 5, 2013 at 7:44 PM

This thing appears to be going South really fast. Loyal, or at least formally loyal, Democrats are wanting a no vote on this. It appears that Reid may get 60 to stop debate but have a hard time getting 50 to pass it. How would you like to be a Democrat Senator, running for re-election, you vote yes and your colleagues, in the House, vote no? You’re left out there hanging in front of the same constituents next year.

All I know is, the more I read the more I’m against getting involved in this. I don’t believe time is on Obama’s side. If he makes a speech, and I really hope he doesn’t, I fear it won’t go well. If the polls don’t move, after the speech, he’ll be an even lamer duck. I can see the voters getting a severe case of buyers remorse before the end of the year.

But hey, with all of this going on, the IRS, DOJ, Benghazi, Fast and Furious, and the upcoming disaster of Obamacare, have been off the front pages. Oh yes, they weren’t on the front pages anyway. Well, at least they’ve been off the conservative blogs.

bflat879 on September 5, 2013 at 7:45 PM

Bob Beckel said today “it is NOT a war”.

This can’t be made up in fiction.

Schadenfreude on September 5, 2013 at 7:42 PM

It’s only ‘war’ when a Republican is POTUS and/or the US or its interests are attacked.

If we are only bombing civilians on the ground in a country that hasn’t attacked or declared war on us under a Democratic POTUS, it is not war.

Get up to speed with the Democratic Party’s Official Dictionary already!

Resist We Much on September 5, 2013 at 7:45 PM

Bob Beckel said today “it is NOT a war”.

This can’t be made up in fiction.

Schadenfreude on September 5, 2013 at 7:42 PM

To which I would ask Bob Beckel:

If China starts dropping bombs on San Francisco, does that constitute “war, in the classic sense” (to riff on John Kerry), or something else…?

JohnGalt23 on September 5, 2013 at 7:47 PM

Get up to speed with the Democratic Party’s Official Dictionary already!

Resist We Much on September 5, 2013 at 7:45 PM

Just air strikes, no boots on the ground. Not an act of war. Just like Pearl Harbor and 9/11.

oceansidecon on September 5, 2013 at 7:49 PM

America likely to endure Obama address on Syria soon

The where and when are going to be interesting.

Where?

Oval Office? Or is that too predictable and Presidenty?

From the deck of an aircraft carrier in Norfolk with sailors forced to act as props as if the Navy is fully behind killing innocent Syrians to soothe a bruised Presidential ego?

A presser in the East Room?

After an “agonizing” but very public deliberation that includes photo-ops with war dead at Dover and a speech at Annapolis or West Point?

Maybe at a Syrian restaurant or community center.

Or maybe before a full-blown joint session of Congress.

When?

More problematic with 9/11 just around the corner and not only the 9/11/01 atrocities and the 9/11/12 Benghazi attacks in the forefront. Is it really the time to launch a third adventure into the Middle East.

And let’s not forget the 9/12/12 Rose Garden speech where Obama lied his ass off. If he did it a year ago, why should we trust him now?

My guess is Oval Office on the 9th. Predictable and before the House can vote on anything.

Happy Nomad on September 5, 2013 at 7:50 PM

Over at “The Best of the Web,” commenter Peter Wilson responded to Taranto’s summary of Obysmal’s and Kerry’s claims re limits on Syria strikes.

Peter Wilson Wrote:

“Obama and Kerry are promising a “limited and tailored” attack … in order to ‘send a message’ to Bashar Assad.”

Damascus is bracing for a Twitter Bomb.

onlineanalyst on September 5, 2013 at 7:52 PM

oceansidecon on September 5, 2013 at 7:49 PM

One big difference. The Japanese and Muslim terrorists didn’t announce to the world what they were going to do. We have the President of the United States telling Syrians that they must die in order to send a message to their despot. What kind of message to humanity is the United States sending by killing innocents? Is such messaging really different than the message that Assad (allegedly claimed by the US and no other nation)sent?

Happy Nomad on September 5, 2013 at 7:55 PM

How will The Chosen One be able to speak while choking on his own hypocrisy at the same time?

GarandFan on September 5, 2013 at 7:55 PM

Just heard back from my congresscritter (R). For now at least, he’s a solid no. Not even bothering to contact my two Dem senators, one of whom is a reliable Obama bootlicker.

Firefly_76 on September 5, 2013 at 7:55 PM

Damascus is bracing for a Twitter Bomb.

onlineanalyst on September 5, 2013 at 7:52 PM

Why not a Twitter Bomb? One of the most frustrating things about this issue, which is literally making me sick, is the way that the administration has framed the messaging thing into a bomb/ no bomb debate. As if the thin-skinned rat considered other options before announcing his plan to kill innocent Syrians.

Happy Nomad on September 5, 2013 at 7:58 PM

GarandFan on September 5, 2013 at 7:55 PM

With his smooth throat, nothing can choke it.

cozmo on September 5, 2013 at 8:01 PM

And my Senator is voting for it Saxby Chambliss He’s also for Immigration and will not vote to defund Obamacare. His voicemail is continually full and he doesn’t answer emails or letters. He’s retiring so he wont listen to constituents. Its infuriating.

I cant listen to Obama he cant tell the truth. The whole lot of them make me sick.

ldbgcoleman on September 5, 2013 at 8:02 PM

… We have the President of the United States telling Syrians that they must die in order to send a message to their despot. What kind of message to humanity is the United States sending by killing innocents? Is such messaging really different than the message that Assad (allegedly claimed by the US and no other nation)sent?

Happy Nomad on September 5, 2013 at 7:55 PM

I think it’s worse than that. Obama knows he looks embarrassingly weak. He has made a fool of himself with HIS “red line” BS. He is willing to kill innocents for his personal ego.

oceansidecon on September 5, 2013 at 8:02 PM

Firefly_76 on September 5, 2013 at 7:55 PM

Bother. Melt the Capitol phone lines! This gets stopped when there is no political cover for Congress. Trust me, if it gets hot enough your Senators will scramble like cockroaches exposed to the light.

Contacting Kaine and Warner was an absolute waste of time but I want their parasitic staffs to see just how much opposition there is in the Commonwealth to their rabid blind support of the filthy thin-skinned rat.

Happy Nomad on September 5, 2013 at 8:03 PM

Happy Nomad on September 5, 2013 at 8:03 PM

Heh. they’re my senators too. If you went into the lion’s den, so will I. I’ll email them both tonight or call and talk to idiot staffers tomorrow morning.

Firefly_76 on September 5, 2013 at 8:05 PM

oceansidecon on September 5, 2013 at 8:02 PM

Oh! I agree completely that this is all about a bruised ego. Which is why this whole “principled” response is making me sick. I’m glad I retired from the Navy when I did. I don’t know if I could sit there on one of those destroyers and kill people because a lazy stupid commie made a speech a year ago about red lines.

Happy Nomad on September 5, 2013 at 8:06 PM

America likely to endure Obama address on Syria soon

barky should just address the syrians directly and cut out the middleman. They’ll all surrender after the first hour.

Lost in Jersey on September 5, 2013 at 8:08 PM

Firefly_76 on September 5, 2013 at 8:05 PM

Well, at least you’ve got an R Congresscritter. I’ve got the moron who is proudly voting for killing Syrians because he supports Obama. I paraphrase but he actually said that this morning.

Happy Nomad on September 5, 2013 at 8:09 PM

Happy Nomad on September 5, 2013 at 8:09 PM

Drunken child-hitter Moran?

oceansidecon on September 5, 2013 at 8:12 PM

Lost in Jersey on September 5, 2013 at 8:08 PM

But he’ll still give the whole speech.

You bring up an interesting point. He’s trying to schmooze support at the G19 + Obama. He’s bullying Congress into an endorsement of his “plan.” When does he address any of his comments to the Syrians must die because of the red line he drew a year ago? And what does he say- Does he talk about his credibility being at stake if he doesn’t kill them?

When does this become about Syria and not Obama?

Happy Nomad on September 5, 2013 at 8:15 PM

Drunken child-hitter Moran?

oceansidecon on September 5, 2013 at 8:12 PM

Yep but not just children. He’s hit more than a few women too. And his son is following in his footsteps.

Happy Nomad on September 5, 2013 at 8:16 PM

When does this become about Syria the United States and not Obama?

Happy Nomad on September 5, 2013 at 8:15 PM

FIFY. :-)

Resist We Much on September 5, 2013 at 8:21 PM

Hoo Boy! Saying that Obama gives speeches is awfully polite Allahpundit.

All I’ve ever seen him do is read aloud in public from two teleprompters.

westerncanadian on September 5, 2013 at 8:28 PM

When does this become about Syria the United States and not Obama?

Happy Nomad on September 5, 2013 at 8:15 PM

FIFY. :-)

Resist We Much on September 5, 2013 at 8:21 PM

I’ve been asking that question since 2008. Even before the fake Greek columns or the “Office of the President elect” sign!

Happy Nomad on September 5, 2013 at 8:28 PM

My Fellow Americans…I’d like to start by uh….stating that this action in Syria isn’t the start of WWIII and I’m offended republicans are saying it is… – Preezy McBombypants

workingclass artist on September 5, 2013 at 8:32 PM

ldbgcoleman on September 5, 2013 at 8:02 PM

Yep. All true.

Perhaps we’ll luck up and the teleprompter will malfunction.

Bmore on September 5, 2013 at 8:33 PM

I’m going to need an axillary liver.

Murphy9 on September 5, 2013 at 8:33 PM

All I’ve ever seen him do is read aloud in public from two teleprompters.

westerncanadian on September 5, 2013 at 8:28 PM

Even when talking to a sixth grade class.

But do you blame him. He’s a lazy stupid idiot. He supposedly has an Ivy League education. He’s spent years seeking the media spotlight. And yet, he can’t give a speech without dropping all the “g”s (examples: wantin’ needin’ hopin’).

Happy Nomad on September 5, 2013 at 8:33 PM

axillary? That would be interesting…

auxiliary…

Murphy9 on September 5, 2013 at 8:35 PM

Waste of my time.

Philly on September 5, 2013 at 8:37 PM

Schadenfreude on September 5, 2013 at 7:39 PM

Demonic of late?

Remember this one from October, 2010? Even Rush said Obama looked demonic.

I know it probably sounds too crazy for most of you, but just what is occupying the WH…or should I say, what is “occupying” Obama?

GrannyDee on September 5, 2013 at 8:39 PM

“Look it up, Bill.”

Yeah, like that’s gonna happen.

Splashman on September 5, 2013 at 8:42 PM

Yeah, well at least Obumuh didn’t mess with the start of the NFL season this year which btw, no open thread on the NFL opener tonight?

stukinIL4now on September 5, 2013 at 8:43 PM

Is it 2017 yet?

hillbillyjim on September 5, 2013 at 8:44 PM

Better give his speech before September 11th
fogw on September 5, 2013 at 7:25 PM

Ah yes, the National Day of Service.

All that other business, well, that’s just ancient history, back before The Year of Our Enlightenment – 2008…

Bruno Strozek on September 5, 2013 at 8:48 PM

Kinetic Military Action V 2.0

hillsoftx on September 5, 2013 at 8:55 PM

phuk this punk and anyone in his camp on any subject
thomasaur

Rio Linda Refugee on September 5, 2013 at 8:56 PM

Is there some major sporting event he can talk over?

Because that will get people’s attention!

It will convince them!

To hit the MUTE button!

ajacksonian on September 5, 2013 at 8:57 PM

Already done, my dear!

lol

Resist We Much on September 5, 2013 at 7:28 PM

If you is going to do magic eye puzzle, put in a naked lady or two or even a tiger.

arnold ziffel on September 5, 2013 at 9:02 PM

arnold ziffel on September 5, 2013 at 9:02 PM

A little eye play…

Axie’s Dreams And Nightmares II

Resist We Much on September 5, 2013 at 9:05 PM

This is why you have delay after delay after delay — all this dumb whipping and voting and dragging of feet to get back to Washington kabuki — so that the speechwriters can draft the words and it can subsequently be sifted through the termites-that-be in the alphabet agencies to vet it and edit it. They always knew that the Red Lyin would ultimately have to give the Really Really Really Most Important Speech of His Residency. A smart entrepreneur opens a red-pencil factory in NVA and…profits.

RushBaby on September 5, 2013 at 9:07 PM

Firefly_76 on September 5, 2013 at 7:55 PM

You might give it a try anyway.
I lost my rep in redistricting and ended up with midnight blue Lloyd Doggett and surprise surprise, he shows up in the leaning NOs.

They are all getting slammed with calls and it seems it is really having an influence.

RushBaby on September 5, 2013 at 9:16 PM

Alternative title per Ace:

Obama is considering his own debilitating gas attack.

Resist We Much on September 5, 2013 at 7:42 PM

Perhaps forcing Assad and the rebels, (since we don’t really know who gassed the civilians) to listen to Obama’s speech incessantly would serve as a better deterrent than the US bombing more innocent civilians.

talkingpoints on September 5, 2013 at 9:24 PM

Isn’t there a farm somewhere, all nice and manicured, with attendants in smart white uniforms caring for each and every need of the residents? Perhaps Bill O’Reily could share a room with Dan Rather?

As for yet another in a long line of Obama speeches…what is Obama going to say?

“Please, my reputation is at stake?”

“Please we got to do this because I want to do it? And I got a Peace Prize and been to college and stuff.”

“Y’all let Reagan and both Bush’s go to war, why can’t I? Y’all just a bunch of racists.”

“Look, to be honest, we mucked up Libya, and really screwed the pooch in Egypt, but this time, with the right people, I just know that we can win in Syria? This is my first time being a President. Cut me some slack.”

I would hope the various networks would look at their schedules and see the revenue they will lose by “giving” yet another free hour or longer to Barry, and make a purely economic decision…after all, every network but PBS is a corporation privately owned…not a branch of the government…and can do whatever they wish when it comes to Presidential speeches. They refused from time to time to carry a Bush address, and he gave very few, citing lose of revenue.

Or is Obama going to draw some more lines…snort a few lines?

coldwarrior on September 5, 2013 at 9:36 PM

Lost in Jersey on September 5, 2013 at 8:08 PM

He probably believes that, too.

I wish he would, and that the official WH photogs would catch the look on his face when Assad replies as follows;

“My People,

You are sh!t out of luck. the Americans can bomb you to pieces, and I don’t care, it’s just saving me ammunition.

Mr. Self-Exalted One,

Go f**k yourself.

I Have Spoken.”

Of course that might be just enough to make The One go over the edge into pure Judge Dredd Futzie Mode;

“I want to Establish World Peace, Free all the Umpty Candies and KILL EVERYBODY!!”

If He says anything like that (especially in a weird falsetto), run, do not walk, to the nearest wilderness area. Don’t forget your fire piston.

clear ether

eon

eon on September 5, 2013 at 9:41 PM

America likely to endure Obama address on Syria soon

I’ll be a listening to something else.

RJL on September 5, 2013 at 9:42 PM

At the end of his “Let’s Go To War” speech, maybe O can tack on a few political endorsements for upcoming elections. That always works so well for him!

joecollins on September 5, 2013 at 9:54 PM

“America likely to endure Obama address on Syria soon”

Maybe if we’re lucky he’ll do it as part of a Friday afternoon news dump and we’ll miss it.

Anyway, I prefer the use of ‘endeavor to persevere’ over “endure’ in the case of Obama speeches.

Dusty on September 5, 2013 at 10:03 PM

We need to approve this war so we can find out what’s in it.

yenober on September 5, 2013 at 10:05 PM

Oh, yeah, I’ve been meaning to say, AP, that that vacation of yours seems to have amplified your gift for writing tenfold. Pure poetry to my eyes.

Kudos and thanks.

Dusty on September 5, 2013 at 10:08 PM

Endure.

I am hoping we endure to the end of this presidential term.

We are now so weak! Not just morally, but the military has been cut so drastically! And we are broke!

Are we really begging the Arabs to buy our military? Did we just go from the world’s policemen to a hired hit-man for the mob?

Have we fallen that far?

I hope it doesn’t just go on like this for decades.

Endurance does have it’s limits.

petunia on September 5, 2013 at 11:12 PM

Hell, maybe Michelle will go on a speaking tour to emotionally rev up support for attacking Syria by appealing to our …er…feelings? Give her man Barack a chance or something like that?

All he needs is just one more term?

He inherited such a bad situation when elected?

Yep. It’s all Bush’s fault.

Sherman1864 on September 6, 2013 at 12:59 AM

“Let me be clear … as I’ve said many times … Republicans can be part of the solution … or get out of the way … we’re cleaning up the mess left by the Bush administration … we have zero tolerance … signature of sarin-like substances … send a clear message to Assad … start a global conversation about chemical weapons … full-throated support of congress … this is so critical, I am today by executive order, assigning the task to Joe Biden … nobody messes with Joe (yuk yuk)! … so I can get back to focusing on climate-change and jobs for all who live in this great country of ours.”

Nothing to see here.

virgo on September 6, 2013 at 8:58 AM

oceansidecon on September 5, 2013 at 7:31 PM

So you would expect people who disagree with Obama to just leave the battlefield and give it up to the Socialists and Islamists?

You and the House ‘leadership’ have a lot in common.

GardenGnome on September 6, 2013 at 9:14 AM

How long before we hear the Won proclaim, ‘I didn’t give that speech, someone else did it’. Doncha just love it when he gives us that middle finger scratch to the temple?

Kissmygrits on September 6, 2013 at 9:36 AM

O’s speech will be Tuesday night. Some might suspect that the prime time address will not be delivered sooner because the White House does not want to interrupt football games on Sunday night and Monday night. It is apparently critical that the nation go to war, but so critical that the National Football League should be inconvenienced.

Colony14 on September 6, 2013 at 9:56 PM