DEA accesses Americans’ phone records dating back to …

posted at 4:01 pm on September 2, 2013 by Ed Morrissey

Where were you in 1987?  Gary Hart had to bail out of the 1988 presidential race after photos surfaced of Donna Rice sitting on his lap.  Oliver North admitted to shredding documents in the Iran-Contra scandal.  The Dow dropped 508 points and shocked Wall Street. On television, Star Trek: The Next Generation started its seven-season run, and A Different World spun off from The Cosby Show for the first of its six seasons.

And, if you made a call that went through AT&T switches, you contributed to the DEA’s phone-records search capabilities at its start, too:

For at least six years, law enforcement officials working on a counternarcotics program have had routine access, using subpoenas, to an enormous AT&T database that contains the records of decades of Americans’ phone calls — parallel to but covering a far longer time than the National Security Agency’s hotly disputed collection of phone call logs.

The Hemisphere Project, a partnership between federal and local drug officials and AT&T that has not previously been reported, involves an extremely close association between the government and the telecommunications giant.

The government pays AT&T to place its employees in drug-fighting units around the country. Those employees sit alongside Drug Enforcement Administration agents and local detectives and supply them with the phone data from as far back as 1987. …

The scale and longevity of the data storage appears to be unmatched by other government programs, including the N.S.A.’s gathering of phone call logs under the Patriot Act. The N.S.A. stores the data for nearly all calls in the United States, including phone numbers and time and duration of calls, for five years.

This is akin to the NSA surveillance, but there is one crucial difference — and it really is the crucial difference.  The DEA is not collecting and storing the data on its own, but is instead searching the databases maintained by AT&T.  Those searches only get conducted, at least according to the NYT’s reporting, when investigators acquire an administrative subpoena for specific surveillance.  This was the point that was left unclear in the revelation last month of DEA surveillance and manufacturing of evidence trails.

Now, this still raises more than a few real questions, especially the use of administrative subpoenas, which are issued without any judicial oversight.  It essentially means that a federal agency has reviewed its own surveillance request and approved it, which doesn’t provide a lot of checks against abuses.  (Put on top of that the Department of Justice investigating its own subordinate agency, the DEA, in this practice.)  However, this isn’t quite the same thing as the NSA’s active capture of communications records from most if not all Americans over several years.  In this case, the telecom (AT&T) has held onto its records, and at least requires some sort of subpoena before granting access to the data.

When this was proposed as a means for the NSA to conduct their surveillance — seeking the subpoena first and requiring telecoms to hold the data — the intelligence community scoffed at the notion, saying it was impractical for telecoms and for rapid investigations.  The DEA and AT&T seem to think otherwise.  What other telecoms are cooperating with the DEA in this endeavor? And why isn’t the NSA operating in this manner, rather than defaulting to building its own massive databases of citizen transactions without any probable cause for 99.999% of those whose records are collected?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

thatsafactjack on September 3, 2013 at 12:34 AM

It all started with a really great post Ace did that absolutely eviscerated that no-talent weasel hack Robin Thicke for the Marvin Gaye thief that he is. A bunch of True Cons got after him for posting about pop culture and not carrying the Obama Sucks! flag at all times, and Ace went a little nuts. Again.

John the Libertarian on September 3, 2013 at 12:40 AM

I know what your doing Schadenfreude. Lolz!

Bmore on September 3, 2013 at 12:40 AM

Good Night All.

Bmore on September 3, 2013 at 12:41 AM

SparkPlug on September 3, 2013 at 12:39 AM

That reminds me. Before the Glade Masquerade Ball I’ll model a few for you and you can help me choose the best one for the ‘classier Elvira’ costume you suggested. :)

thatsafactjack on September 3, 2013 at 12:42 AM

Also, my own comment about Snowden supporters wasn’t directed at you, either (but at the leftist idiots and some of the Paul folks – the Occupooper-supporter Paul nuts).

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on September 3, 2013 at 12:13 AM

I read/got your comments, as they were meant. I never worry about you, even when we disagree :)

Schadenfreude on September 3, 2013 at 12:42 AM

Actually, I was killing time for POP, politely. :)

Axe on September 3, 2013 at 12:29 AM

Sorry … I was making cigarettes for tomorrow.

:) I’m deliberately avoiding the conversation itself. No idea what all happened or anything.

Axe on September 3, 2013 at 12:39 AM

It wasn’t anything deadly. Just some shouting and few minor league slurs thrown around.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on September 3, 2013 at 12:42 AM

Nite Bmore

Schadenfreude on September 3, 2013 at 12:42 AM

I like it when Ace goes berserk. Fun to watch the drama unfold.

Entertaining site he got there.

BTW what is going on a LGF. Any dickery from CJ?

SparkPlug on September 3, 2013 at 12:42 AM

non-stop almost to the point of torture

thatsafactjack on September 3, 2013 at 12:33 AM

Some days you pound your head against the wall so many times eventually a gem pops out.

John the Libertarian on September 3, 2013 at 12:43 AM

…C yah B!

KOOLAID2 on September 3, 2013 at 12:43 AM

John the Libertarian on September 3, 2013 at 12:40 AM

I see. Doesn’t sound very pleasant.

thatsafactjack on September 3, 2013 at 12:44 AM

Bmore on September 3, 2013 at 12:41 AM

Goodnight, Bmore. Sleep well. Stay dry. :)

thatsafactjack on September 3, 2013 at 12:45 AM

hatsafactjack on September 3, 2013 at 12:42 AM

I am honored, privileged and honored again.

I will get a new eye exam. Don’t want to miss anything if my glasses fog up. And they will.

SparkPlug on September 3, 2013 at 12:45 AM

Love In Vain Blues – Peter Green

thatsafactjack on September 3, 2013 at 12:38 AM

“No such thing” — Axe of HA

Schadenfreude on September 3, 2013 at 12:45 AM

Bmore on September 3, 2013 at 12:41 AM

Ahem.. I meant, of course, that I hoped you’d not get deluged from the almost non stop rain you’ve been enduring this year. :)

thatsafactjack on September 3, 2013 at 12:45 AM

Doesn’t sound very pleasant.

thatsafactjack on September 3, 2013 at 12:44 AM

But oh, that gem.

John the Libertarian on September 3, 2013 at 12:46 AM

SparkPlug on September 3, 2013 at 12:45 AM

LOL! It’s a plan then. What are you going to wear to the Masquerade Ball, Spark?

thatsafactjack on September 3, 2013 at 12:46 AM

Schadenfreude on September 3, 2013 at 12:42 AM

Likewise. I just wanted to make sure. Sometimes comments (mine, particularly) can look funny and take on a little different meaning just by their coincidental ordering – especially when I don’t read the earlier comments before posting, which is a real faux pas. Not reading the actual post is fine – mandatory, even – but not reading the comments before posting is bad manners :)

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on September 3, 2013 at 12:47 AM

Sugar Magnolia – Grateful Dead

thatsafactjack on September 3, 2013 at 12:49 AM

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on September 3, 2013 at 12:47 AM

rotf

Axe on September 3, 2013 at 12:51 AM

I Got The Blues – Rolling Stones

thatsafactjack on September 3, 2013 at 12:52 AM

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on September 3, 2013 at 12:47 AM

Schadenfreude on September 3, 2013 at 12:54 AM

I stand corrected.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on September 3, 2013 at 12:35 AM

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on September 3, 2013 at 12:47 AM

Good points! :)

I think it should be pointed out that unclesmrgol called himself a sheep, too.

As a fellow sheep I greet you — ba ram ewe. ba ram ewe.

He wasn’t calling Schadenfreude a “sheep” in the typical derogatory manner.

Anti-Control on September 3, 2013 at 12:54 AM

thatsafactjack on September 3, 2013 at 12:46 AM

Well now I have a big decision to make.

If I wear a Fedora people will think I’m Dire or his twin brother Dave. (They got mixed up at the baby changing station)

Frog green tights and a bucket they will think I’m Axefellow in his theatrical garb.

If I show up with no pants, they will think I’m Cozmo.

Bunny Suit, they will think I’m twerp.

If I put on wings they will think I’m scrumpy.

If I rip out one eye they will think I’m RWM.

If I show up with a pebble they will think I’m Schad.

Dead possum skin hat, they will think I’m OC.

Tight buns, they will think I’m Ken.

Fish tail, they will think I’m pambi.

SparkPlug on September 3, 2013 at 12:56 AM

I reiterate my continuing objection to this — this — rampage.

I’m out. I’m going to go write something brilliant and change the world.

Night, graceful Jackie, everyone.

Night, Soph.

Axe on September 3, 2013 at 12:57 AM

Stevie Ray Vaughan – “Love in Vain”

Anti-Control on September 3, 2013 at 12:59 AM

Why did Scrumpy quit HA?

OmahaConservative on September 3, 2013 at 1:00 AM

Saw Todd Rundgren TWICE this weekend with the SHYGF…….once with The Akron Symphony andd for the Last Show of this tour in Kent Ohio at at 650-seat venue…..

He was AMAZING!!

williamg on September 3, 2013 at 1:01 AM

I want Cindy to show up. She is awesome.

SparkPlug on September 3, 2013 at 1:01 AM

SparkPlug on September 3, 2013 at 12:56 AM

Well, the point of a masquerade is, traditionally, to dress as something other than one’s normal costume… so Glade police chief uniform, Fire Marshal uniform, and Glade HotAirship Kerfuffle Captain’s uniform are all out, too. I see your dilemma, Spark.

Maybe B9 would have some suggestions. :)

thatsafactjack on September 3, 2013 at 1:01 AM

That was my Oriental period, where at once I was dating a girl from China, one from South Korea, and one from Japan.

So, I’m sure they’ve got a number of calls from me to Asia, as I’d always let the ladies call their families from my cell phone. Yes, I had one of the original Motorola cell phones, the size of a shoe and weighing in at about a kilo, and it looked kind of cute in their tiny little hands.

Fun times…

TXUS on September 2, 2013 at 4:47 PM

That was during my first East Asian period, when I was living in Tokyo. I’d also let my girlfriends hold something the size of a shoe and weighing about a kilo. It definitely looked cute in their tiny little hands, but it wasn’t a phone.

Fun times indeed … ;)

DarkCurrent on September 3, 2013 at 1:01 AM

Why did Scrumpy quit HA?

OmahaConservative on September 3, 2013 at 1:00 AM

Whaaa-HAAAAAT?!!!

williamg on September 3, 2013 at 1:01 AM

Axe on September 3, 2013 at 12:57 AM

Goodnight, Axefellow. Be inspired. :)

thatsafactjack on September 3, 2013 at 1:02 AM

Why did Scrumpy quit HA?

OmahaConservative on September 3, 2013 at 1:00 AM

Whaaa-HAAAAAT?!!!

williamg on September 3, 2013 at 1:01 AM

See last nights QOTD thread…

OmahaConservative on September 3, 2013 at 1:03 AM

Yep. Soon they will all be shiitting in their pants…

OmahaConservative on September 3, 2013 at 12:37 AM

I hope they all starve.

Anti-Control on September 3, 2013 at 12:54 AM

I will point out, with emphasis, that when I refer to sheepleton, I mean it, in the most derogatory way. All who brung/kept obama, form all sides, from all over the world, YOU deserve him.

———–
Nite Axe

Schadenfreude on September 3, 2013 at 1:03 AM

Moonlight Mile – Rolling Stones

thatsafactjack on September 3, 2013 at 1:03 AM

He was AMAZING!!

williamg on September 3, 2013 at 1:01 AM

Todd Rundgren – “I Saw the Light”

Anti-Control on September 3, 2013 at 1:05 AM

Glade HotAirship Kerfuffle Captain’s uniform are all out…

thatsafactjack on September 3, 2013 at 1:01 AM

That’s my favorite along side the Hugh Heffner Robe and Hugh Heffner Pipe and Hugh Heffner Pipe tobacco pouch that I lent to SWalker.

But that robe is only appropriate for frolicking with the nymphs.

I’ll have to sing the question to B9 about what I should wear the next time we are on trampoline doing karaoke.

SparkPlug on September 3, 2013 at 1:07 AM

I bid you all a fond goodnight. It’s been a pleasure, as always.

Live in the moment.

“Keep yourselves where the light is.”

Goodnight, Spritely One. We wish you well. Perhaps someday you’ll return to the Glade. :)

thatsafactjack on September 3, 2013 at 1:09 AM

Why did Scrumpy quit HA?

OmahaConservative on September 3, 2013 at 1:00 AM

It seems temporary. She did this before.

Take good care dear Scrumpy.

Schadenfreude on September 3, 2013 at 1:10 AM

SparkPlug on September 3, 2013 at 1:07 AM

That’s a great idea, Spark. Let me know what she says. :)

thatsafactjack on September 3, 2013 at 1:10 AM

You’ve Got To Get Yourself To-gether!!

williamg on September 3, 2013 at 1:10 AM

Nite Jackie

Schadenfreude on September 3, 2013 at 1:11 AM

Scrumpy get your tush back over here right now.

Who will Lanceman say “hey” to now? Or is it Whom?

h/T: Axe

SparkPlug on September 3, 2013 at 1:12 AM

One of the better 80′s songs imo, with one of the worst videos as well!

Red Rockers – “China”

Anti-Control on September 3, 2013 at 1:12 AM

Schadenfreude on September 3, 2013 at 1:03 AM

Do you believe those who voted for him but now regret it to still be sheep deserving of him?

Anti-Control on September 3, 2013 at 1:17 AM

Anti-Control on September 3, 2013 at 1:17 AM

Well, yes, I do…see Politricks.

Schadenfreude on September 3, 2013 at 1:19 AM

Anti-Control on September 3, 2013 at 1:17 AM

Yes, see Germany.

See Great Britain – the thin-skinned oaf in chief did this today.

Kerry cancelled his meeting with his Russian counterpart today, two days before the G20 meeting to take place…in…Russia.

These are not leaders. These are a laughing stock. Of course I laugh at the sheepleton who cheered them on. Of course my schadenfreude overfloweth. Actions have consequences. Maybe the frog will get so hot that he’ll jump out of the pan…alas.

Schadenfreude on September 3, 2013 at 1:30 AM

Scrumpy get your tush back over here right now.

SparkPlug on September 3, 2013 at 1:12 AM

Sparky – Get IT Right:

It’s “Get your Sweet Tush back over here…..”

Criminey, Man!

williamg on September 3, 2013 at 1:37 AM

Anyone who doesn’t recognize that the land/world are full of sheeple, out X-mas shopping in Aug/Sept, while they are being ruined, is clueless.

Schadenfreude on September 2, 2013 at 3:13 PM

Hey! I thought this was hilarious! Thx a bunch! Too bad our country is lost for a while :(

blockchords on September 3, 2013 at 1:37 AM

blockchords on September 3, 2013 at 1:37 AM

:) and :(, indeed

Schadenfreude on September 3, 2013 at 1:40 AM

Fun times indeed … ;)

DarkCurrent on September 3, 2013 at 1:01 AM

Well, my friend, I knew I could count on you for getting the metaphor.

And, I’m sure you had the opportunity to appreciate those fabulous Tea Ceremonies, as well, particularly the very last step of them, which was always the same no matter the girl’s country of origin, though I’m certain their fathers would not have approved.

Makes me wish I had a time machine to go back to then.

Hope all is well.

TXUS on September 3, 2013 at 1:44 AM

Well, yes, I do…see Politricks.

Schadenfreude on September 3, 2013 at 1:19 AM

That’s a bad example of whom I mean – it doesn’t represent every 0dumba voter who now wishes he or she could undo their vote.

Yes, see Germany.

See Great Britain – the thin-skinned oaf in chief did this today.

Schadenfreude on September 3, 2013 at 1:30 AM

Is there an expiration date for ex-Democrat voters in your mind? Do you still harbor negativity toward any present Conservatives who once supported Clinton, too?

Anti-Control on September 3, 2013 at 1:47 AM

Be A Scientist of Love!!!

williamg on September 3, 2013 at 1:49 AM

Like Stephen Hawking!!!

Seriously, Dude…...SERIOUSLY!!!!!!

williamg on September 3, 2013 at 1:52 AM

Schadenfreude on September 3, 2013 at 1:19 AM

You call me a sheep? That’s hilarious.

I finally see ALL of politicks for the fraud that it is and you say that makes me a sheep?

Well what do you call someone such as your self who thinks the next politician will be different simply because of the letter after his name even though history shows that WON’T be the case?

Politricks on September 3, 2013 at 2:01 AM

Is there an expiration date for ex-Democrat voters in your mind?

Yes, see Ronald Reagan himself.

But, the schadenfreude toward those who brung/kept such skunks will linger…for at least 3 more years and beyond. The consequences are too dire.

Anti-Control on September 3, 2013 at 1:47 AM

Yes. I’ve never understood how any C could ever vote for any leftard scum. I’d rather they switch party. It’s like shooting yourself in the brain, but not all the way.

In anticipation of your “what about the Reagan D voters?”…I’d rather they switch parties too. I have more respect for Kucinich than I do for McCain.

Schadenfreude on September 3, 2013 at 2:05 AM

For the record. I don’t wish I could undo my vote. It taught me a great deal. I’ve realized that all of the American public are fools. They play you guys against each other like the pawns you are. Democrat/Republican? Sure in their speeches they seem like night and day, but once in power their one in the same.

If I’m lying please name one Republican President that has reduced spending, got abortion out lawed, secured the borders? Wait..that’s what they claim they’ll do right? Oh I get it. The NEXT one will?! Yeah, I know how you all feel. I believed Obama and his promises too.

Politicians lie to get into office. Wow. What a shocker.

Politricks on September 3, 2013 at 2:07 AM

Politricks on September 3, 2013 at 2:01 AM

I didn’t call you a sheep. I called all who voted for Obama sheep. You’d have had to read two threads to be on the “sheep” topic of yesterday. I answered A-C in context to Obama voters who are disappointed but who then blame it on all the others being sheep and etc.

For your edification, I quit all parties years ago, before it became fashionable.

Schadenfreude on September 3, 2013 at 2:08 AM

Schadenfreude on September 3, 2013 at 1:19 AM

Yes. Stay loyal to your party it has worked out so well for you thus far.

I hear sheep in the background.

Good night.

Politricks on September 3, 2013 at 2:09 AM

Politricks on September 3, 2013 at 2:01 AM

You voted for Barky, right? Obviously, you don’t have the intellectual capacity to figure out much of anything.

A person had to be either a total imbecile or a re3al America-hater to have ever even CONSIDERED voting for that America-hating, 84 IQ, dog-eating sack of sh#t. After having done something that stupid and evil you should never open your mouth in public again. You should spend the rest of your life attempting to atone for a mistake that is beyond atonement, since you can never undo the incredible, irreparable damage that you have done.

So, don’t even try to lecture anyone on what you think you “finally see”. You don’t even have any eyeballs.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on September 3, 2013 at 2:12 AM

Good night.

Politricks on September 3, 2013 at 2:09 AM

Good night. It’s dense up there.

Schadenfreude on September 3, 2013 at 2:13 AM

For the record. I don’t wish I could undo my vote.

Politricks on September 3, 2013 at 2:07 AM

Exactly. You’re a pathetic POS. You’re even too dumb to understand how stupid you sound. Go back to Kos or Du or whatever rock you crawled out from under.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on September 3, 2013 at 2:15 AM

Politricks on September 3, 2013 at 2:07 AM

Name one president in all of history, who was worse than obama, I triple dare you.

Schadenfreude on September 3, 2013 at 2:15 AM

Yes. Stay loyal to your party it has worked out so well for you thus far.

I hear sheep in the background.

Good night.

Politricks on September 3, 2013 at 2:09 AM

Schadenfreude on September 3, 2013 at 2:08 AM

Schadenfreude on September 3, 2013 at 2:17 AM

Schadenfreude on September 3, 2013 at 2:15 AM

Ha! He couldn’t even name one one who was merely dumber.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on September 3, 2013 at 2:18 AM

Politricks was taken with Barky’s iullegal and repulsive campaign rally in Berlin … for Germans. He couldn’t help himself but vote for a guy who thought that American politicians need to campaign in other countries to aliens. A “Constitutional scholar”, at that!

“Sovereignty? What’s that? They’re just undocumented Americans.” — Politricks

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on September 3, 2013 at 2:22 AM

Good Night America.

obama made you the laughing stock of the world. At fault are those who brung/kept him.

Schadenfreude on September 3, 2013 at 2:23 AM

Politricks on September 3, 2013 at 2:09 AM

Dunning-Kruger. Impenetrable ignorance.

Murphy9 on September 3, 2013 at 4:26 AM

I’ll be wandering aimlessly and forlorn.

Axe on September 2, 2013 at 11:37 PM

Why do that? You linked to the Gulch but have never spoken there. All are welcome – except for trolls.

Come on over.

Opinionator on September 3, 2013 at 4:44 AM

Come on over.
Opinionator on September 3, 2013 at 4:44 AM

Ted’s Gulch is open for business and under new management. All are welcome!

bluegill on September 3, 2013 at 4:57 AM

bluegill on September 3, 2013 at 4:57 AM

Who the heck is Ted? As KA2 would say, where are your meds?

This particular troll is decidedly not welcome in the Gulch – it is a laughingstock at best.

Opinionator on September 3, 2013 at 5:05 AM

Maybe they want full control and want to involve as few people outside the NSA as possible. Maybe there’s no guarantee that the phone companies would be able to hold onto all that data indefinitely.

More oversight is a must!

bluegill on September 3, 2013 at 5:19 AM

bluegill, you’re a disgusting, fetid, putrid troll.

Take your meds. You’re not fooling anyone, any more.

Opinionator on September 3, 2013 at 5:24 AM

A small note to Ed:

Why are you relying on the NYT at this point for any factual data of any kind whatsoever?

IMHO it is a folly.

And, legally speaking, there is no such thing as an “administrative subpena”. Period.

Just another chimera.

Opinionator on September 3, 2013 at 5:32 AM

The ‘calamity of the century’: Syrian civil war prompts world’s biggest refugee crisis as UN reveals TWO MILLION people have fled fighting

More than 6million Syrians in total have been forced out of their homes with 2million leaving the country altogether
5,000 flee into neighbouring countries such as Lebanon, Turkey and Jordan every day as civil war rages
Angelina Jolie blasts Western ‘complacency’ and calls for more humanitarian aid to held the refugees
Barack Obama is set to hold vote on whether to attack the Assad regime after British MPs vote against air strikes

Watch for the Obama regime to import some of these refugees.

Murphy9 on September 3, 2013 at 5:44 AM

Murphy9 on September 3, 2013 at 5:44 AM

No doubt.

Nice to see you in the Gulch. More, later…

Opinionator on September 3, 2013 at 5:50 AM

typical morning joe crew, they are all on board with dear leader and striking syria…and he should have just pushed the button…this will not be an open ended war, just a limited campaign…

lololol

they would be saying the EXACT opposite if it was a gop in office….hypocrites

cmsinaz on September 3, 2013 at 6:16 AM

Where was Reagan? Is no one going to ask that question?

libfreeordie on September 3, 2013 at 6:43 AM

cmsinaz on September 3, 2013 at 6:16 AM

Well of course they are. They get their talking points from Valarie just like everybody else in the propaganda ministry.

The thing I’m curious about his how anybody can make the claim of limited campaigns lasting hours not days. What if Assad uses sarin immediately after the limited campaign, does the thin-skinned rat just ignore it? The fact of the matter is that a worthless lazy stupid man like Barak Obama and his Jew-hating minions cannot actually guarantee a limited capaign no matter how much they make the claim.

And I for one am not interested in getting involved in a Middle Eastern shooting war so that the filthy rat-eared coward can save face.

Happy Nomad on September 3, 2013 at 6:49 AM

Morning Joe is UNBELIEVABLE – the Washington Post’s David Ignasious just said plain out that Iran, Russia, and Syria look at Obama as a weeny and HE MUST USE FORCE and Kooky Cookie agreeing right along with him.

Hey, geniuses, this was VERY predictable years ago.

Marcus on September 3, 2013 at 6:54 AM

Happy Nomad on September 3, 2013 at 6:49 AM

What I’m unclear on is who was actually responsible for the chemical weapons attacks.

Has Congress been shown the evidence? Is it a “slam dunk”?

bluegill on September 3, 2013 at 6:55 AM

The best way to begin genuine bipartisanship to make America stronger is to work together on the real crises facing our country, not to manufacture an artificial crisis to serve a special interest agenda out of touch with the needs of Americans.

– John F. Kerry, 2011 My take

kingsjester on September 3, 2013 at 6:58 AM

Hey, geniuses, this was VERY predictable years ago.

Marcus on September 3, 2013 at 6:54 AM

Ignatius has a point. When was the last time the Russians were emboldened enough to send lobbyists to DC to give Congress an alternative set of “facts” to those being put forth by the administration?

But people shouldn’t have to die because Obama is a lazy stupid bastard who doesn’t know how to keep his mouth shut. Let the rat-eared bastard lose face. It’s about time he’s taken down a few pegs.

Happy Nomad on September 3, 2013 at 6:58 AM

Happy Nomad on September 3, 2013 at 6:49 AM

ditto HN

Marcus on September 3, 2013 at 6:54 AM

the mj crew just became hawks?

cmsinaz on September 3, 2013 at 7:00 AM

Marcus on September 3, 2013 at 6:54 AM

actually I think they are more worried about obama’s legacy….

cmsinaz on September 3, 2013 at 7:00 AM

Has Congress been shown the evidence? Is it a “slam dunk”?

bluegill on September 3, 2013 at 6:55 AM

According to Kerry, it is a slam dunk. But that really only authenticates that sarin gas was used in Syria. As Chris Wallace points out, this isn’t CSI. It isn’t clear that Assad had anything to do with it. There also stories of a rogue general and “rebels” who accidentally (or intentionally) gassed their own supporters.

Russia is even taking the effort to send people to Congress to lay out the alternative view than that which is being peddled down Pennsylvania Ave. Congress should just say no.

Happy Nomad on September 3, 2013 at 7:03 AM

– John F. Kerry, 2011

Bipartisanship is dead. How can it be anything but? Thanks to the lazy stupid bastard in the Presidency, this nation is probably as polarized as it has been at any time since 1860.

Bipartisanship doesn’t begin with “working together” it begins with finding common ground. And there is nothing that conservatives hold in common with the filthy administration of Barak Hussein Obama.

Happy Nomad on September 3, 2013 at 7:07 AM

Happy Nomad on September 3, 2013 at 7:07 AM

cmsinaz on September 3, 2013 at 7:19 AM

Happy Nomad on September 3, 2013 at 7:03 AM

Obama needs to swallow his pride and call the whole darn thing off.

bluegill on September 3, 2013 at 7:25 AM

the mj crew just became hawks?

cmsinaz on September 3, 2013 at 7:00 AM

Yeah, with Donny Douche leading the battle cry.

Sadly, I tried to watch Fox and Friends but they’re obsessed with Hollywood movies.
I think Tucker Carlson should be a permanent host. I like when he does things on weekends. Much more viewable than Doocy.

Marcus on September 3, 2013 at 7:25 AM

Marcus on September 3, 2013 at 7:25 AM

heh

i agree on carlson

cmsinaz on September 3, 2013 at 7:26 AM

What do you think about Elisabeth joining Fox in the morning?

bluegill on September 3, 2013 at 7:27 AM

What do you think about Elisabeth joining Fox in the morning?

Has OFA or MMFA released an action report yet, because I don’t know what to think until I receive my talking points.

Murphy9 on September 3, 2013 at 7:30 AM

I can’t get on much these days. But when I do, I’m stunned at the temerity and commitment the liberal commenters have. They could hide. But no. They are here every day defending this administration and their policies. What a great defense of domestic surveillance I’ve read just on this thread from libfreeordie and sesquipedalian. And any of Syrian threads is just wall to wall rational liberal reasoning for unilateral attacks on the Assad regime by US Forces by libfree, verbaluce and host of others.

You won’t get this kind of moxie from liberals on any other site.

hawkdriver on September 3, 2013 at 7:30 AM

Obama needs to swallow his pride and call the whole darn thing off.

bluegill on September 3, 2013 at 7:25 AM

I’m curious what the administration is going to do if Congress doesn’t agree to kill Syrians so that Obama can save face. And that is a real possibility because they are not making the case by sending out Graham and McCain (pushovers for bombing). When Rand Paul is among the Senators out there calling for bombing then it is newsworthy- not before. But again, what do you suppose is going to happen if Congress doesn’t go along? A temper tantrum and hissy fit for sure, but do Tomahawk missiles get released anyway?

In the meantime our Navy has five destroyers and an LPD off the coast of Syria and an aircraft carrier battle group on the other side of the Suez Canal. The Russians are sending a spy ship to the Syrian coast. No matter what happens with Congress, it is never a good thing to have naval warships congregated like that. Unintended incidents are apt to happen.

Happy Nomad on September 3, 2013 at 7:32 AM

the mj crew just became hawks?

cmsinaz on September 3, 2013 at 7:00 AM

Yeah, with Donny Douche leading the battle cry.

Marcus on September 3, 2013 at 7:25 AM

Neither Doocy nor Kilmeade can get a coherent sentence out of their mouths. Tucker Carlson is a big improvement, but I love when Eric Bolling sits in.

Drudge has a poll up on Syria intervention. Almost 82% opposed. Count me in on that.

Naturally Curly on September 3, 2013 at 7:37 AM

You won’t get this kind of moxie from liberals on any other site.

hawkdriver on September 3, 2013 at 7:30 AM

Yeah, well Pickett had that kind of “moxie” at Gettysburg. It is bluster in the lack of any real accomplishment. A grand show with the hope that commitment and temerity will turn an otherwise lost battle. And if all else fails, those of libfree’s ilk just calls any dissent “racism” as if we conservatives are supposed to quail when some stupid lazy liberal stands up and screams J’accuse.

Happy Nomad on September 3, 2013 at 7:39 AM

Happy Nomad on September 3, 2013 at 7:39 AM

I should have used the sarc tag HN. They know and they’re mostly MIA.

hawkdriver on September 3, 2013 at 7:42 AM

ANN COULTER on Fox and Friends coming up! Finally some red meat.

Marcus on September 3, 2013 at 7:42 AM